Descending
Limit Results:

177 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 9.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ] Older

Other T3 title also garbage
Dec 3, 2003, 13:55
Other T3 title also garbage Dec 3, 2003, 13:55
Dec 3, 2003, 13:55

Looking through the reviews for T3 Rise Of The Machines, their other T3 title for the consoles, I couldn't find even one review which didn't say that it was absolute garbage and that it didn't look ready yet. If I were the rights holder to Terminator, I'd sue Atari for making the franchise look so bad.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 14:00.

Most of SP scrapped for future game?
Dec 3, 2003, 13:49
Most of SP scrapped for future game? Dec 3, 2003, 13:49
Dec 3, 2003, 13:49

I'm wondering if the reason much of the SP game and cutscenes were scrapped is because of a combination of not being ready and them saving it for their next Terminator title, Redemption.

Not ready yet
Dec 3, 2003, 13:39
Not ready yet Dec 3, 2003, 13:39
Dec 3, 2003, 13:39

It's out already in England. Everyone there who has played it is saying that it obviously wasn't done yet and they shipped it anyway. There are countless bugs in it and the AI and single player are a joke. Hit detection doesn't work half of the time and you can empty your whole ammo supply into someone without killing them. They also need better cheat protection.

It's too bad because this could have been a very fun game. It sounds like Atari has pretty much thrown all integrity straight out the window and are shipping defective unfinished products. I won't be buying any titles from them in the future. I won't even get started on their moronic decision to rename Driver 3 as driv3r. I was looking forward to that as well but not anymore.

This comment was edited on Dec 3, 14:03.

Not even close to ready
Nov 22, 2003, 17:18
Not even close to ready Nov 22, 2003, 17:18
Nov 22, 2003, 17:18

Amazon lists this thing as being released December 2. Over at the company beta board it claims that they haven't even started beta testing it yet.

No. No. No. No. No. This isn't even close to ready yet. I could literally fill several pages listing the major bugs in this that often render it unplayable. Yes it shows some promise but this game is nowhere near ready yet. If the Dec 2 date is true and the post is correct, I won't be buying this. No way. You were right to slam this.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 17:55.

garbage
Nov 22, 2003, 01:54
garbage Nov 22, 2003, 01:54
Nov 22, 2003, 01:54

Unplayable because it keeps stuttering and locking up. I have more than required specs, the proper drivers etc. I cranked all the settings to minimal and no effect. It moves a fraction of a second and then locks up for about 4 or 5 seconds. The audio just keeps repeating over and over.

Coupled with what I saw of that extremely annoying hud overlay, I'm fairly confident that this is total garbage. Too bad. Uninstalling now.

Hmm
Nov 21, 2003, 01:37
Hmm Nov 21, 2003, 01:37
Nov 21, 2003, 01:37

Well, I've played it a bit more and my comparison to Wolf ET was a bit much. It was a quick response to some of the negative stuff here. The serial goal progression isn't nearly as in depth and the 2 maps don't seem to have things to build up. The techs don't really seem to be needed for specific objectives either(at least in the 2 maps included). Also, the character classes aren't nearly as developed. Hopefully this will change. I still think that it shows much more promise than some of the posts here though. If they put some more serious depth in their mission based goals like Wolf-ET and iron out the kinks, I'd buy this in a second.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 03:21.

Not Wolf ET-like progression
Nov 21, 2003, 01:30
Not Wolf ET-like progression Nov 21, 2003, 01:30
Nov 21, 2003, 01:30

I've played it a bit more now. You are right. Not nearly as serial-goal progression based or as construction based as Wolf-ET. The class system isn't nearly as developed either. I thought that the techs were really needed for something. It is hard to tell from these 2 maps though. If they put in more serious depth in their objectives and iron out some of the kinks I'll buy this though.

My last post was a quick response to all the negative stuff. This game isn't quite as bad as many of the posts make it out to be in my opinion. Especially for a beta.

A few new observations for the beta if any developers are reading this are that the text is hard to read, occasional lag or freezing, and getting stuck firing the wall mounted machine guns every once in a while. It would also be nice to be able to more reliably enter the gunner rather than driver position on an empty vehicle. The downtown map is great but the spawn point for humans needs to be moved a bit from objective that the terminators need to occupy. As it is it sort of forces spawn camping.

Does anyone know how far from finished this is ?

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 05:48.

Actually played the demo ?
Nov 21, 2003, 00:35
Actually played the demo ? Nov 21, 2003, 00:35
Nov 21, 2003, 00:35

I've actually played the demo and although it needs tweaking I like what I see so far (only played the future bombed out downtown map in mission mode though). I put more comments in the other thread. Mission mode seems like a cross between Wolf ET and Halo (vehicles). Not as good but still promising. I thought the look and feel were right on the money. There are still a number of things which suck but I go into that in the other thread.

I like it
Nov 21, 2003, 00:22
I like it Nov 21, 2003, 00:22

I have to differ here. There are many kinks to work out but mission mode for this reminds me a little of Wolf ET. Not as good but still quite promising.
My main gripe is that you tend to die after taking a single hit(vs ai bots but not players). Against players it sometimes seems you have to empty quite a bit of ammo.
They borrowed the multiperson vehicle (including gunnery positions) reasonably well from Halo. I also get a kick out of playing terminators. The human tech is sort of a combination of the Wolf ET medic, engineer, and ammo dispensing lt.

They really need some sort of in game readme to tell you what to do though. Even spawning takes a bit of work to figure out (you need to click on a valid spawn point in the profile screen). They also need to fix the repeating keys while typing.
The infiltrator terminators disguised as humans are annoying. They tend to instantly kill anyone who looks at them long enough to tell that they aren't human.

I've only tried the future bombed out downtown map but I think that the look and feel is right on the money.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 03:05.

I like it
I like it Nov 21, 2003, 00:22

I have to differ here. There are many kinks to work out but mission mode for this reminds me a little of Wolf ET. Not as good but still quite promising.
My main gripe is that you tend to die after taking a single hit(vs ai bots but not players). Against players it sometimes seems you have to empty quite a bit of ammo.
They borrowed the multiperson vehicle (including gunnery positions) reasonably well from Halo. I also get a kick out of playing terminators. The human tech is sort of a combination of the Wolf ET medic, engineer, and ammo dispensing lt.

They really need some sort of in game readme to tell you what to do though. Even spawning takes a bit of work to figure out (you need to click on a valid spawn point in the profile screen). They also need to fix the repeating keys while typing.
The infiltrator terminators disguised as humans are annoying. They tend to instantly kill anyone who looks at them long enough to tell that they aren't human.

I've only tried the future bombed out downtown map but I think that the look and feel is right on the money.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 03:06.

?
Sep 24, 2003, 03:36
? Sep 24, 2003, 03:36
Sep 24, 2003, 03:36

I wonder if this has something to do with faulty new copy protection ? They just tried it with Jedi Academy and now a zillion legit users can't get the game to work without a no-CD crack and the #$%@ is hitting the fan. I remember when HL1 came out and they forgot to print the access code on a ton of the CDs. I imagine they may be a bit nervous about a repeat of something like that.

no luck
Feb 14, 2003, 23:05
no luck Feb 14, 2003, 23:05
Feb 14, 2003, 23:05

The patch didn't help. I'm screwed. It won't even start.

praise
Feb 14, 2003, 03:26
praise Feb 14, 2003, 03:26
Feb 14, 2003, 03:26

I'd like to echo that praise (wow,positive things on a board ?). RTCW is in my opinion the best multiplayer shooter out there, no contest. The level of coordination and tactics required for a map like the beach just floored me.

fingers crossed
Feb 14, 2003, 02:52
fingers crossed Feb 14, 2003, 02:52
Feb 14, 2003, 02:52

I hope the patch works. Nearly a week later, it still won't start up after selecting difficulty and then crashes. You've got to love those no return policies. $50 down the toilet if this patch doesn't work(not to mention the hours of frustration). That settles it. I'll never buy a game without a demo again no matter who makes it. This game simply wasn't ready yet.

patch
Feb 12, 2003, 05:05
patch Feb 12, 2003, 05:05
Feb 12, 2003, 05:05

So what about a patch for Unreal 2 ? Crash burn tinkle. It crashes as soon as I select difficulty. I wasn't going to buy it since there is no demo but I thought I'd make an exception. Big mistake. No wonder they didn't release a demo, the game doesn't work. I've been waithing for days to hear from tech support. I'm pretty much assuming that I can give up on them.You should read their discussion board, even though they are limiting posters now. P.O.S. There's no excuse for this. Don't buy it.

I agree that UT 2003 was lame. I didn't buy it because there is no excuse for the lack of mission based multiplayer at this state of development of the industry. Death match is getting very old.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 05:09.

off topic ?
Feb 11, 2003, 23:54
off topic ? Feb 11, 2003, 23:54
Feb 11, 2003, 23:54

This may be sort of off topic but aren't RTCW and Jedi Outcast sort of the same engine ? If so, has anyone heard anything about coming up with mission based multiplayer for Jedi Outcast ? Something along the lines of the beach landing or the stormtroopers storming the Princess's ship would be wild. Frankly, I was shocked that U.T. didn't really include it (and the reason I didn't buy it).

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 23:58.

Darn
Feb 11, 2003, 23:48
Darn Feb 11, 2003, 23:48
Feb 11, 2003, 23:48

Sad news. I was looking forward to this. I'm very grateful for the free download and the integrity shown by not releasing something they weren't happy with.

Is there any word on if one team would be allowed to play zombies on a few maps or a map option ? This would allow those who don't like zombies to avoid games including them but allow those who would like tangling with them (or being them) to have that option.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 23:49.
177 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 9.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ] Older