The last thing I want to do is defend SWG as I think it might be the worst game ever made. But, I think this idea of a free trial is garbage. Yes AO has it but AO is not a new game its 2 years old. If you want to try a new game pay for it otherwise wait.
The points that I think are relevant here are:
1. SOE is arrogantly overcharging.
2. They are releasing an unfinshed untested game and abusing thier SW license.
3. They are making a game for non gamers. The game design is awful. Combat is the most boring of any game I have ever played. The entire combat and character speccing system needs to be thrown out and re-developed. Basically as I stated before this game is just a glorified chat room for Star Wars Geeks.
4. This game is a complete Rip-off and it abuses its Star Wars license. It's all flash over substance. There are a lot of nice things about SWG but they are all cosmetic. The game has no subtsance.
5. They are keeping the NDA up to release so as to gouge as many people on initial sales before the word gets out how bad this game really is.
6. Buying a game like this only encourages other companies to make bad similar games. The best thing can happen here is for people to just say to no to the lies and bad quality like they did to AC2 and keep this kind of game off the market. I am sure like AC2 SOE will pay the major sites through advertising to give them good reviews. But hopefully word of mouth will kill this game.