Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for JTW

Real Name JTW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname JTW
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 515 (Apprentice)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Faces Hong Kong Backlash
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 9, 2019, 10:55 JTW

The banned player's stated intent was to use his platform to draw attention to the issue. Whether Blizzard budges or not, he's succeeded.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Frogwares Game Delisting Follow-up
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 5, 2019, 12:40 JTW

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 12:28:
NKD wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 12:22:
Frogwares, I can get your games listed again. But there is something we'd like you to do though. Investigate Joe Biden.

The fact that the pink unicorn said this on camera made me laugh out loud, and I am not usually one for laughing at the news. Like, I think he has a medical condition or something, there is no way someone can be this mentally stupid to literally fuel the allegations by DOING THE EXACT SAME THING A 2ND TIME, ON CAMERA.

Thank you Americans, for giving a bored European some entertainment in the news.

Yeah, now we get to know what the people on FailArmy feel like.

Enjoy our shame and humiliation.

News Comments > Frogwares Publisher Split Causes Game Delistings
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2019, 01:18 JTW

Possibly. It certainly sounds villainous, but I try not to judge until I hear both sides. I've seen enough "Egads!" events like this that turned out to be something very different than what was claimed.  

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Special Ops Survival Mode PS4 Exclusivity
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2019, 23:40 JTW

That didn't clarify. It confirmed what people were pissed about. They already understood just fine.

we are working hard to make sure this is the best Call of Duty we’ve ever made and the best experience possible for fans.

If the fans on the PS4 get something more than the rest of them, then you aren't working to make it the best experience for the fans. Just for PS4 fans. The rest get something less.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 16, 2019, 17:31 JTW

On mallards, the bright green/gray coloration is seasonal. They're colorful in the winter and spring, but molt and take on more subtle colors after breeding season.

There are other ways to tell them apart, assuming that they're pure mallard. First, males have yellow bills; females have orange/brown bills. Males also have a softer voice, while the females have a very harsh, loud quack.

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
36. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 15, 2019, 11:39 JTW

FWIW, I run the thing with great performance on a mix of high and ultra settings at 1080. My system is an i5 4670k and 8 gigs of RAM (so horribly out of date) and and RTX 2060 (new and fast.) That suggests to me that this system is more dependent on video cards than anything, as most games choke on my CPU and RAM long before the video card can compensate.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch
18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2019, 20:07 JTW

Metacritic user scores are as useless a reference as they've ever been. If you look a little closer, almost all of the scores are either 9-10 or 0-1 with very little in between. That absolutely screams of review bombing, likely by the Epic haters who see this as a prime target to 'get back' at the boogeyman they invented.  

News Comments > THE GREAT GEOMETRIC MULTIVERSE TOUR Free on Steam
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2019, 00:41 JTW

I think I had a seizure just watching the trailer.  

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2019, 22:21 JTW

Please, Steam. I don't want to see how the sausage is made.  

News Comments > GreedFall Plans: No Denuvo, No Mods, No DLC
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2019, 16:18 JTW

Cutter wrote on Sep 9, 2019, 13:23:
I hope so. Dogma is, arguably, one of the worst games I've ever played. It's not hard to top it.

You must not have played many games.

News Comments > GreedFall Plans: No Denuvo, No Mods, No DLC
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2019, 16:18 JTW

No Denuvo. Good.

No open world. That's great news. I don't need another thousand collectibles and filler quests that, should I spend the time, unbalances the main game.

No mod support. Eh, no big deal, as long as it doesn't have issues.

No DLC. Shrug. We've had DLC since the ancient days of PC games. They were called 'expansion packs' back then, and you got them at the store (normally for $20), but they were the same thing. Of course they were always content, not skins, not perks, not material pulled from the base game to sell separately.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2019, 01:48 JTW

"Mobe"?

Ugh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2019, 17:15 JTW

Meritocracy Is Killing High-School Sports.

Good. Privatize teen sports, and let the schools spend their budget on other things. You know, like competent teachers.

"We can't afford any computer classes for the students, but gosh - we really do need new uniforms and bleachers for 20 of them."

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2019, 17:12 JTW

I don't blame them. It's like planning a trip a year in advance before the reservations even open up. Then, every time a date turns out to be wrong, a thousand people jump on them.

I can't imagine why they'd publish a date for a feature that isn't even in development yet to begin with.

News Comments > Infinite Falls Fires Designer & Cancels Game Over Abuse Allegation
32. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2019, 01:04 JTW

Impossible situation,and for many reasons that haven't been mentioned. You can't know that the accusations are true. You can't know that they're false. It isn't fair to ruin somebody's life over an accusation.

Rape accusations cannot be ignored, but the potential for abuse of those accusations by spiteful fired employees, exes, or just someone with an axe to grind can't be ignored either when the mere suggestion ends careers. This is new ground for our society. We still haven't figured out what the right answer is, the answer that serves the victims without creating new victims. It'll take a while.

BUT: If the accusations are made and you take no action, then later on that person repeats the crime while on the payroll, you may very well be found liable for what they did. "You were warned that this person was dangerous, and yet you continued to let him hold a position of authority and power over the victims."

Many businesses will cut ties, not out of some sense of justice, but out of pure self defense. And that sucks, too.

News Comments > Bigben Announces Three More Epic Exclusives
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 27, 2019, 02:24 JTW

On Steam only? Yay!

On Uplay only? Sure!

On Origin only? Ok!

On GoG only? Yep!

On Epic only? FRAGRUL BLARGH FRUMPLE *frothing at the mouth* BOYCOTT THE WORLD!

Some people draw the line in a funny place.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2019, 00:52 JTW

anonymous anonymous wrote on Aug 26, 2019, 00:16:
MachineGames: Andreas Öjerfors: confused when trying to push his anti-right-wing ideology into a game series that had focused originally only Nazi Germany gets rejected by a significant portion of the series previous fans.

I doubt he'll learn his lesson that fans mostly want entertaining games without excessive real-world ideologies. Most people game as a way to escape real-world issues, not to indulge in those ideological issues further.

He can push all the anti-Nazi ideology he likes. Nazis, WWII and otherwise, can collectively fuck off.

Notice I didn't say 'conservatives.' Different things.

News Comments > Bandai Namco Not Interested in Epic Games Store Exclusives
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 25, 2019, 02:11 JTW

Epic's business model is not exclusivity. Epic's business model is the same as everyone else's. It is Epic's plan for competing with Steam that involves exclusives, but only on specific titles chosen by them. It isn't their only option.  

News Comments > DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity
24. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2019, 01:41 JTW

NKD wrote on Aug 19, 2019, 01:16:
JTW wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 22:26:

Is it really competition if you only have one place to buy any given game? When I think of competition I think of competitive pricing for the consumer, something I haven't seen on EGS.

It is competition when EGS puts a big enough dent in the market that Steam and Epic start competing actively with each other for customers, yes. And right now, Steam is so huge that the only way to break into that market is by taking more 'extreme' steps. Free games, big sales (once they figure out how to do that right), and exclusives. Once they have a customer base that can compete with Steams, that's when we (consumers) can start seeing the benefits, and Epic can dial back the tactics. If they don't take those steps right now, though, they don't have a chance in hell of their client ever being competitive.

Or not. They could end up being hostile and consumer-unfriendly after they've established themselves. We won't know for years.

What scares me, though, is what happens if Steam turns hostile without any competitors.

News Comments > DARQ Developer on Turning Down Epic Games Store Exclusivity
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2019, 22:26 JTW

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2019, 19:08:
Nice to see a dev who gets it.

They all 'get it'. We all 'get it'. Some of us think that the long-term benefits of a competitive marketplace outweigh the issues of exclusivity deals.

In five years we may even know who was right. Until then? Just guesses.

515 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo