Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blackhawk

Real Name Blackhawk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blackhawk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Feb 6, 2003, 17:01
Total Comments 417 (Amateur)
User ID 16074

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online Adds New Class
4. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Adds New Class Mar 17, 2017, 19:12 Blackhawk

You do realize that if you change your D&D setting, the admins won't come by and ban you for hacking, right?

Don't like the 4e changes? No problem. They never happened.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Developers Choice Awards
6. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 2, 2017, 11:50 Blackhawk

I haven't played enough NMS to really talk about how innovative the ideas were, but I will say this: Innovation doesn't mean fun, or polished, and it can fail to live up to promises. An awful game can have great new ideas.

Hell, more than one great game has come about because of someone polishing up the idea that someone else had but couldn't make work.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Mar 2, 2017, 00:37 Blackhawk

Given the revelation at the end of BL2, I don't think multiple planets is exactly unexpected. In fact, it was pretty much a given.  

News Comments > Twitch Supporting The Banner Saga 3; Gifting First Two Games
2. Re: Twitch Supporting The Banner Saga 3; Gifting First Two Games Feb 24, 2017, 09:37 Blackhawk

The Twitch Launcher is apparently Twitch's Steam/Origin/etc analog.

You get to keep the game after the listed dates. Those are just the download dates.

It took some searching, but here is the link you want: Twitch blog

/edit - and I didn't actually have to install it. I just went to the Twitch site through the link they gave, signed in, hovered over the banner and clicked 'Claim Offer', which added it to my account should I ever decide to install the launcher.

News Comments > Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve
27. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 14:36 Blackhawk

It may just be burnout. They signed on to be game designers, but ended up in a company that hasn't really been designing games. They may just be taking a break before deciding what to do next.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Returning to its Roots
9. Re: Call of Duty Returning to its Roots Feb 11, 2017, 20:45 Blackhawk

Battlefield already did Vietnam, and it wasn't exactly their best selling title. They may always give it another whirl, of course.

As far as good Vietnam shooters go, try Vietcong (for single player.) It's old and sometimes rough around the edges, but it was a very memorable game.

News Comments > Ni no Kuni II: REVENANT KINGDOM PC Plans
4. Re: Ni no Kuni II: REVENANT KINGDOM PC Plans Jan 26, 2017, 12:03 Blackhawk

Not everything that isn't dark and grim is for children. Few children would have understood the game's themes. I actually enjoyed playing a game with a few colors for a change.

Life is dark enough. Entertainment has my permission to tone it down from time to time.

News Comments > More Overwatch Roadhog Changes
5. Re: More Overwatch Roadhog Changes Jan 11, 2017, 12:44 Blackhawk

Nerf hammer?

I see one bug fix, three buffs, and only one nerf (and that is to Ana's grenade, which everyone, including pro players, say is particularly broken.)

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
17. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 20:06 Blackhawk

It is interesting that, out of all of the votes, not one game older than six years ended up winning a nomination, unless they happened to be made by Valve.

In other words, every candidate that won the 'vote' was something Valve could still make money off of by extra exposure.

News Comments > Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com
5. Re: Descent: Underground in Development on GOG.com Dec 21, 2016, 12:15 Blackhawk

Actually, I prefer that label. People are less likely to bitch that they're not getting a full game when it is 'in development' than when it is 'early access.' Some people are still under the impression that 'early access' means that the game is finished and they just get to be early adopters.  

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
10. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 15:19 Blackhawk

ItBurn wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 11:22:
ldonyo wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 10:52:
I can see Activision not allowing cross-play so that people are forced to buy multiple copies of their games if they want to play with/against others on multiple platforms. I can also see EA doing the same thing for the same reasons.

It's going to take a publisher with some guts, or an independent with some fairly deep pockets, to take a chance that cross-play will net them increased sales by capturing new customers that are willing to buy a game that they can play with all of their friends, not just ones on a particular platform.

I can see someone like CD Projekt Red doing this with a Witcher title and garnering not only a ton of goodwill from gamers, but a ton of sales, as well.

Publishers aren't THAT evil, I think. It's probably a budget-linked technical limitation or incompetence that brought them to this. I expect that this case is an exception and that crossplay(win10 x steam) will be enabled later following backlash.

It isn't a question of evil - it is 'not that dumb.' They have a franchise, not a one-off title. Fracturing the community will kill off the multiplayer sooner, and make people less likely to buy the next title in the series as their time will be spent on other titles before it is released.

It is more likely that this has something to do with Microsoft imposing some limitation, contract, or requirement for play between this and Steam copies that Activision wasn't willing to compromise on.

News Comments > Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies
30. Re: Bethesda Holding Back Review Copies Oct 26, 2016, 08:56 Blackhawk

For those who don't follow the industry, it has been show pretty definitively that bad or mediocre reviews hurt sales, while good reviews don't benefit sales. It may affect your decision, but the customer base, as a whole, doesn't buy more games when they are reviewed well. They make their decision to buy a game before the reviews, then back out of reviews are bad.

Thus is makes absolutely no business sense for a company to release games early. There is almost zero potential benefit, while there is great potential harm.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
37. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 14:05 Blackhawk

GTA V was announced on consoles only, too. It doesn't mean that there wasn't a great and well-selling PC game. And if not? Oh well. I'll play it on PS4, or I'll play something else. It isn't like I don't have plenty of stuff to play, thanks to Steam sales and bundles.  

News Comments > Dungeons & Darkness Released
2. Re: Dungeons & Darkness Released Sep 30, 2016, 11:14 Blackhawk

Maybe, but it is also $10 new. The controls do look a little irritating, though.  

News Comments > Oculus Facing Political Backlash [Updated]
7. Re: Oculus Facing Political Backlash Sep 23, 2016, 21:27 Blackhawk

shiho wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 20:36:

Even though I completely disagree with your political views, I will fight for your right to have them, and all that jazz.

This used to be a liberal motto, no? Sometime a long time ago, I guess ;)

What does his freedom of speech have to do with their freedom to choose whether to be his professional associates? They're not calling for him to be silenced, they're just choosing not to associate with him anymore, not to let their money flow into projects that they disapprove of.

It's just like that Duck Dynasty nonsense. You have the right to have, speak, or write any opinion you choose, but that doesn't mean I, as a private citizen, have to associate with you.

News Comments > Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled
4. Re: Galaxy in Turmoil Cancelled Aug 1, 2016, 10:23 Blackhawk

"Foxing." Haven't heard that in a while, with "while" being measured in decades.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jul 17, 2016, 01:04 Blackhawk

Good thing using mythological entities as characters in games isn't some sort of trend.

Like Amaterasu in Okami, or Shiva in every Final Fantasy ever, or the Greek, Roman, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons (all of which still have active worshipers) in a dozen games, sometimes as enemies (Titan Quest and God of War, I'm looking at you), or Bhaal and Tyr in Badldur's Gate, or Raijin in Mortal Kombat, or Jesus in Fist of Jesus. You get the idea.

Yeah, it is a good thing this isn't a well-established trend.

News Comments > Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4
9. Re: Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4 Jul 5, 2016, 23:46 Blackhawk

Good. I've been waiting for them to finish. I'll wait until they're all out, wait until the next patch or two, then give the mod community time to polish up all of the final mods. Then I'll pick up the season pass during a Steam sale and play again.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released
8. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 23:28 Blackhawk

They remove it so they can get past the censors in some nations. Even having it as an option would prevent them from selling some places.

They then sell it to you (assuming you aren't in one of those nations) for an extra 5% game's price.

News Comments > Star Trek- Bridge Crew Details
4. Re: Star Trek- Bridge Crew Details Jun 29, 2016, 23:23 Blackhawk

Get me all excited, then show me it is a VR-only game. Boo.  

417 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo