Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2155 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 16, 2018, 19:07 necrosis

Independent Audit Declares AMD Most Stable Graphics Driver in Industry.
The fuck?
The last footnote is where to find the word that AMD commissioned this independent audit.
LOL. Oh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Adds Auto-Bans
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Adds Auto-Bans Jul 14, 2018, 23:38 necrosis

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 12:24:
Good thing, wish all games had this.
Untill you get banned for saying a word you didn't know was bad.

First twitter post I saw about this said the word that got him banned. No damned idea what it ment.

Not to mention false positives.

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Waning
1. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Waning Jul 14, 2018, 12:56 necrosis

Ahh yes endorsements. Basing stats on:

- Something that requires users to participate in.
- When they do participate they get EXP.
- Levels degrade over time.

So people give them just to get EXP for themselves and if you don't play for a while (I have literally had my level de-rank when constantly playing over the span of a few hours) you have a lower level and people thing your toxic because of it.

Fantastic idea.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
31. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 11, 2018, 12:54 necrosis

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 19:45:
OpticNerve wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 19:08:
Overall, Price just seems like a person who can't handle criticism and has a toxic and hostile personality (based off of her past twitter posts and being glad for TotalBiscuit's death). Just because you've worked in some industry doesn't mean that you can't be criticized for it.

As an artsy person, I know well enough that any job that requires creativity and is out there for the public to see/read/hear is going to be scrutinized. If she wants to have a long career in this industry (regardless of gender), she's going to need to be able to grow thick skin to handle feedback in the future and understand that even in her social media, she is representing the company that she works for. Unfortunately, based off of her quotes in this interview, it doesn't seem like she's learnt anything at all. And this isn't because she's female. It's all about her toxic personality. Stuff like this has already happened to male developers (Phil Fish comes to mind).

It's a shame because I do agree with her original post about writing characters for MMOs and it initially seemed like a great jumping-off point to start some interesting discussions about the subject, but her reply to Denoir was just out of place and unwarranted. I actually feel bad for ArenaNet since they're in a lose-lose situation. Some people will think that they over-reacted in the firings but if they let those two staff members stick around, the already-annoyed-and-fickle Guild Wars 2 community would just be more pissed off when anything wrong pops up (which it often does sadly) and that the company doesn't listen to them or give a shit if their employees treat their customers in a hostile manner.

As a former manager, I'll say that my most problematic employees were also my best ones. It cuts both ways, and it's the responsibility of management to reign them in. This doesn't excuse what Price did, but I feel ArenaNet failed here.
Read her other posts. She is fat that needed to be cut long ago.

We are not talking about someone who has problems behind the scenes. This is someone who is a problem in the public eye.

30. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 11, 2018, 12:52 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 18:15:
The dude was definitely super polite and innocuous. That doesn't mean he wasn't a jerk. You can totally be a super polite and innocuous jerk. In fact, it's the best way to be a jerk, because then the person who flips out at you, by your design, looks like the jerk!
You sound no better than the woman fired.

You have the 'I am better than you so never question anything I do in my field ever' attitude.

10. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 10, 2018, 15:17 necrosis

Price said she has no regrets about her response to Deroir, although she said she might have moderated her language a little. “Given that the term ‘asshat’ was apparently a sticking point for ArenaNet, I’d maybe use ‘condescending jerk’ instead,” she said. “Men pop up in my mentions to tell me how to do my job all the time. They pop up to explain my female colleagues’ own jokes to them.

So now every single male, no matter how they word things, is a "condescending jerk"? They are completely blown off when they offer ANY criticism, input, or opinion.

Congratulations on digging your hole deeper in my mind. Glad you were fired.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 6, 2018, 17:18 necrosis

Sysadmin cracked military PC’s security by reading the manual.

https://i.imgflip.com/1u7zow.jpg

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 30, 2018, 16:03 necrosis

The tech is toast because game developers are not even using the technology. Or using it poorly.

Also at times their code is so bad it actually causes issues to have it turned on.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 30, 2018, 16:02 necrosis

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 15:07:
necrosis wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 11:06:
Fion wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 10:42:
I don't give a crap about consoles, but I wonder what's up Sony's but about crossover games on the PS4.
Considering the stupid as fuck path the jackasses at Bethesda are going with 76 who gives a fuck about the game itself?

If they hever make a "fallout 5" they are going to be hard pressed to win me back.

Were you this upset with Brotherhood of Steel and New Vegas? Todd Howard has already stated that Fallout 5, TES 6 and Starfield will be exclusively single player built upon the engine improvements brought on by 76 and then some.

Ahh no why would I be? I want another NV. Not the boiled down crap that Fallout 4 was.

News Comments > Out of the Blue?
3. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 11:07 necrosis

"Can we talk about alcoholism and Anthony Bourdain?"

Can we stop talking about Anthony Bourdain?

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 30, 2018, 11:06 necrosis

Fion wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 10:42:
I don't give a crap about consoles, but I wonder what's up Sony's but about crossover games on the PS4.
Considering the stupid as fuck path the jackasses at Bethesda are going with 76 who gives a fuck about the game itself?

If they hever make a "fallout 5" they are going to be hard pressed to win me back.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 26, 2018, 23:21 necrosis

People still use WinRAR?  

News Comments > Overwatch Patched - CTF Disabled
6. Re: Overwatch Patched - CTF Disabled Jun 26, 2018, 23:20 necrosis

Prez wrote on Jun 26, 2018, 21:02:
As a solo queuer the game can be quite brutal at times actually. Overwatch accentuates team cohesion heavily over individual skill (although a highly skilled Genji, Tracer, or Hanzo can still dominate a match) and along with that team composition supersedes team skill most of the time. A highly skilled team can easily lose to an average skilled team full of hard counter heroes. I like Overwatch because I'm only average at best and have terrible reaction times but as long as I play smart, know the heroes' strengths and weaknesses, and work with the team I can have a positive impact and help the team win. Not a lot of other team based shooters I've played can do that.
What golden cloud server do you play on? QP is nothing but double snipers, no tank, no healer, throwers. rank 300 people partying with rank 5 people making your team 5v6. Gold kills in both total and on point, 10k healing and still losing matches.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 24, 2018, 18:37 necrosis

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 17:14:
necrosis wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 16:35:
The amount of times I honsit to God tipped someone because of tip worthy service can be counted on one hand. The rest of the time they just did their job.
Really? You eat at lousy restaurants. How often do you eat out?
Why is just doing their job bad? Why does everyone think every server needs to suck their cock?

Personally I think tipping is fucking stupid and needs to fucking die in a fire. Pay people a regular fucking wage.

I had a pizza delivery person get all pissy I left no tip. I was like "I have to pay extra for you to do your fucking job? And you didnt even fucking do that because I had to come down here to get my food you entitled prick?" Lived in an apartment at the time. EVERY other delivery place came up. There is no lock or code on the building door.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
16. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jun 24, 2018, 16:35 necrosis

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 13:14:
Interesting article about the restaurant rating system. I don't typically patronize chain restaurants, but on the rare times I've had a tablet I've always rated Max. Customer s should rate servers through tipping, not through a tablet.
Like these tablets tipping needs to go away.

The amount of times I honsit to God tipped someone because of tip worthy service can be counted on one hand. The rest of the time they just did their job.

News Comments > Gears Tactics Catch-up and Gears of War 5 PC Details
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 12:31 necrosis

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 12:25:
Gears 5 for win10 isn’t a surprise; Gears 4 was as well. The part they don’t mention is if PC players will be allowed to play against console in any way. I understand the whole controller vs kB/mouse, all they need to do is say “you can play against console if you use a controller”. Yes, there will be crybabies who want an impossibly unfair advantage, but most people HAVE a controller, and are probably willing to deal with it so they don’t have empty game lobbies.

And Fawker, they DID come to pc at the start, but gears 2 and 3 never did. Shame, that. Gears 4 is a new storyline that needs only the barest knowledge of the first three.
Honslty if you are playing a FPS game with a controller on PC you need your head checked.

Besides this is Gears of War we are talking about. Far from a even remotely stellar game. Reminds me of the garbage DOOM clones of the late 90's.

Cover, shoot. Cover, shoot. Cover, shoot. Cover, shoot. Cover, shoot. Cover, shoot. Cover, shoot. Cover, shoot. Cover, shoot.

News Comments > MADDEN NFL 19 Tackling PCs
5. Re: MADDEN NFL 19 Tackling PCs Jun 10, 2018, 00:18 necrosis

And the crowd goes mild.  

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
50. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 7, 2018, 09:26 necrosis

Sepharo wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 22:16:
Never was a store browser, neither brick-and-mortar nor digital...
I find it to be a really bizarre way to purchase something.
I second this.

I have never found myself just looking through shit on steam. I know what I want, go right to it and perhaps buy it.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Social Features
3. Re: Overwatch Adding Social Features Jun 6, 2018, 11:17 necrosis

Prez wrote on Jun 6, 2018, 10:49:
Symmetra's cancerous magic death beam actually needs to be aimed now. FINALLY.
Genji main right?

Symmetra can now launch her cancer turrets across the map. WTF?!?!
These were really a problem for you?

Her teleporter has been nerfed so it no longer is an insta-win status on defense. FINALLY.
Her teleporter is now useless and takes her out of play more to place them.

Her ult is a massive energy wall I guess. Um, okay.
Welcome to Shieldwatch.

News Comments > Apple on Steam Link iOS Rejection
10. Re: Game Reviews May 27, 2018, 18:55 necrosis

peteham wrote on May 27, 2018, 14:42:
Goes around, comes around? And thus we ended up with EA games only on Origin... Although in this case, there's no way of circumventing Apple's walled garden.
What Steam did was for the better of the user. EA wanted to be pricks.

Steams rules said if you release any kind of DLC for a game you have on steam it must be available on steam. EA wanted their games on steam but forcing you to go to EA's site to get DLC.

Crysis 3 I think was the first to violate. They had Crysis 3 on steam but only way to get the DLC map or whatever it was was to go to EA's website and get it there.

It is fucking annoying to install ME2 from steam then get 8-12 packages from EA to add on the DLC content. Steam wanted it seamless because of this exact bullshit.

2155 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo