Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2143 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 12, 2018, 19:37 necrosis

Please dont link to pay sites like the Wired.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
26. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 19:33 necrosis

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 17:47:
How do you sell a used PC game anyway? Once the code has been used no one else can use it. So the game has to be new by definition or it's unplayable.
Box, instructions, all paperwork, factory sealed.

Any of those missing and it is not new.

EB/Gamestop would pull this shit with last display copies. They took the game out and put it in a binder and the box on display. Tried to sell it as new to me once. Told them to fuck off.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Blowing Off Steam
10. Re: Fallout 76 Cools on Steam Aug 7, 2018, 08:25 necrosis

Glad I did not preorder. Was already on the fence with the multiplayer aspect and all but this now pushes me to the 'don't buy' side of things.  

News Comments > Monster Hunter World PC Performance Explained
14. Re: Monster Hunter World PC Performance Explained Jul 30, 2018, 17:52 necrosis

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 30, 2018, 15:17:
It sounds like a bullshit excuse to me. If it preloads all the content then memory usage will be higher but performance itself would benefit as a result. What they seem to be suggesting is that the CPU is performing calculations for every asset in the game even if it isn't visible or relevant to the player, which is just a shitty lack of optimization.
This game sounds like when people evaluated the FFXV demo. Hair effects and other shit being applied not just to mobs and such not being rendered in view. But to items rendered out of view... WAAAYYYYYYYYYYY out of view. For no other reason than bad optimization.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Bans
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Bans Jul 28, 2018, 14:27 necrosis

McJammiepants wrote on Jul 28, 2018, 14:04:
I’m out of the loop, what does being “boosted” by a cheater mean?
It is kind of like power leveling.

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
13. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 25, 2018, 08:48 necrosis

Wee. Steam client bloated with more bullshit no one wants.

Would be nice if they released a client that ONLY downloads.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Beta Starts for Xbox One in October
4. Re: Fallout 76 Beta Starts for Xbox One in October Jul 23, 2018, 21:56 necrosis

Pepe wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 20:30:
necrosis wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 19:46:
During the Fallout 76 panel at QuakeCon we’ll be answering some of your questions. If you’re in Dallas, come join us. If you’re not able to make in person, you can check out all the fun via the live stream airing on Mixer.

Mixer? Whats that?

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/mixer
Oh right. Where people go when banned from Twitch.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Beta Starts for Xbox One in October
2. Re: Fallout 76 Beta Starts for Xbox One in October Jul 23, 2018, 19:46 necrosis

During the Fallout 76 panel at QuakeCon we’ll be answering some of your questions. If you’re in Dallas, come join us. If you’re not able to make in person, you can check out all the fun via the live stream airing on Mixer.

Mixer? Whats that?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 16, 2018, 19:07 necrosis

Independent Audit Declares AMD Most Stable Graphics Driver in Industry.
The fuck?
The last footnote is where to find the word that AMD commissioned this independent audit.
LOL. Oh.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Adds Auto-Bans
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Adds Auto-Bans Jul 14, 2018, 23:38 necrosis

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 12:24:
Good thing, wish all games had this.
Untill you get banned for saying a word you didn't know was bad.

First twitter post I saw about this said the word that got him banned. No damned idea what it ment.

Not to mention false positives.

News Comments > Overwatch Toxicity Waning
1. Re: Overwatch Toxicity Waning Jul 14, 2018, 12:56 necrosis

Ahh yes endorsements. Basing stats on:

- Something that requires users to participate in.
- When they do participate they get EXP.
- Levels degrade over time.

So people give them just to get EXP for themselves and if you don't play for a while (I have literally had my level de-rank when constantly playing over the span of a few hours) you have a lower level and people thing your toxic because of it.

Fantastic idea.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
31. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 11, 2018, 12:54 necrosis

jdreyer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 19:45:
OpticNerve wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 19:08:
Overall, Price just seems like a person who can't handle criticism and has a toxic and hostile personality (based off of her past twitter posts and being glad for TotalBiscuit's death). Just because you've worked in some industry doesn't mean that you can't be criticized for it.

As an artsy person, I know well enough that any job that requires creativity and is out there for the public to see/read/hear is going to be scrutinized. If she wants to have a long career in this industry (regardless of gender), she's going to need to be able to grow thick skin to handle feedback in the future and understand that even in her social media, she is representing the company that she works for. Unfortunately, based off of her quotes in this interview, it doesn't seem like she's learnt anything at all. And this isn't because she's female. It's all about her toxic personality. Stuff like this has already happened to male developers (Phil Fish comes to mind).

It's a shame because I do agree with her original post about writing characters for MMOs and it initially seemed like a great jumping-off point to start some interesting discussions about the subject, but her reply to Denoir was just out of place and unwarranted. I actually feel bad for ArenaNet since they're in a lose-lose situation. Some people will think that they over-reacted in the firings but if they let those two staff members stick around, the already-annoyed-and-fickle Guild Wars 2 community would just be more pissed off when anything wrong pops up (which it often does sadly) and that the company doesn't listen to them or give a shit if their employees treat their customers in a hostile manner.

As a former manager, I'll say that my most problematic employees were also my best ones. It cuts both ways, and it's the responsibility of management to reign them in. This doesn't excuse what Price did, but I feel ArenaNet failed here.
Read her other posts. She is fat that needed to be cut long ago.

We are not talking about someone who has problems behind the scenes. This is someone who is a problem in the public eye.

30. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 11, 2018, 12:52 necrosis

Beamer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 18:15:
The dude was definitely super polite and innocuous. That doesn't mean he wasn't a jerk. You can totally be a super polite and innocuous jerk. In fact, it's the best way to be a jerk, because then the person who flips out at you, by your design, looks like the jerk!
You sound no better than the woman fired.

You have the 'I am better than you so never question anything I do in my field ever' attitude.

10. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 10, 2018, 15:17 necrosis

Price said she has no regrets about her response to Deroir, although she said she might have moderated her language a little. “Given that the term ‘asshat’ was apparently a sticking point for ArenaNet, I’d maybe use ‘condescending jerk’ instead,” she said. “Men pop up in my mentions to tell me how to do my job all the time. They pop up to explain my female colleagues’ own jokes to them.

So now every single male, no matter how they word things, is a "condescending jerk"? They are completely blown off when they offer ANY criticism, input, or opinion.

Congratulations on digging your hole deeper in my mind. Glad you were fired.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 6, 2018, 17:18 necrosis

Sysadmin cracked military PC’s security by reading the manual.

https://i.imgflip.com/1u7zow.jpg

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 30, 2018, 16:03 necrosis

The tech is toast because game developers are not even using the technology. Or using it poorly.

Also at times their code is so bad it actually causes issues to have it turned on.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 30, 2018, 16:02 necrosis

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 15:07:
necrosis wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 11:06:
Fion wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 10:42:
I don't give a crap about consoles, but I wonder what's up Sony's but about crossover games on the PS4.
Considering the stupid as fuck path the jackasses at Bethesda are going with 76 who gives a fuck about the game itself?

If they hever make a "fallout 5" they are going to be hard pressed to win me back.

Were you this upset with Brotherhood of Steel and New Vegas? Todd Howard has already stated that Fallout 5, TES 6 and Starfield will be exclusively single player built upon the engine improvements brought on by 76 and then some.

Ahh no why would I be? I want another NV. Not the boiled down crap that Fallout 4 was.

News Comments > Out of the Blue?
3. Re: Out of the Blue? Jun 30, 2018, 11:07 necrosis

"Can we talk about alcoholism and Anthony Bourdain?"

Can we stop talking about Anthony Bourdain?

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 30, 2018, 11:06 necrosis

Fion wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 10:42:
I don't give a crap about consoles, but I wonder what's up Sony's but about crossover games on the PS4.
Considering the stupid as fuck path the jackasses at Bethesda are going with 76 who gives a fuck about the game itself?

If they hever make a "fallout 5" they are going to be hard pressed to win me back.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 26, 2018, 23:21 necrosis

People still use WinRAR?  

2143 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo