Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Christopher Kinard

Real Name Christopher Kinard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname necrosis
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jan 31, 2003, 00:06
Total Comments 2232 (Senior)
User ID 16007

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New AMD Drivers; DirectX 12 Coming to Fortnite

1. Re: New AMD Drivers; DirectX 12 Coming to Fortnite Nov 19, 2019, 19:22 necrosis

By using DX12, PC players with high-end GPUs may experience a higher and steadier frame rate. This is because DX12 delivers better CPU performance and allows for the distribution of rendering jobs across multiple cores.

Even these days I usually have to SHUT OFF DX12 because it crashes like a mofo or runs WORSE.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2019, 18:54 necrosis

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 14:20:
ROFLMAO @ people buying JFO on Steam

The game can be rented for /$14.99 on Origin and even if you wanted to "own" it (more like permanent rent) then it'd be cheaper to rent it for a month now and just buy it on sale later... or to buy an Origin key from a reputable key site. This is a game that will get discounted very quickly once the Episode IX hype has died down. It will be /$ 29.99 in March at the latest.

I guess people buying it on Steam just enjoy flushing monies down the shitter. Oh well. To each their own...
Could just shut the fuck up and let people do as they please when it affects you in no way.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Update and Apology

4. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Update and Apology Nov 13, 2019, 21:40 necrosis

Sneakycamper wrote on Nov 13, 2019, 20:43:
Wow Just like GTA V : $59.99 and you get online and wow Flying horses and Aimbots Galore !!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m25jxYCHSlM Sheep too !!! Mods are ok but the Online has it already Crying For godsake please Get a Xbox one x. That is the future of Online gaming. If it is on a pc then there is a Aimbot for it .
Check the date on that video. Its from DEC last year.Seems aimbots are on console as well.

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

16. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 14:43 necrosis

phinn wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 11:20:
Cheating is the biggest problem with PC gaming. Why isn't there a "gaming mode" required by competitive online games that locks your PC (Windows 10 would be fine for this) into a mode that allows only an API-approved list of programs running in the background, basically core Windows programs, plus the game, plus Discord and literately nothing else. How is it possible we've gone this long without some mode like this?

Permabanning these idiots simply isn't enough. They've ruined all competitive games, CSGO, PUBG, Battlefield, Fortnite, Apex, etc. and it's the only real argument for consoles.

Sounds like you would be right at home working IT in places like China.

News Comments > New Steam Library Launches

22. Re: New Steam Library Launches Oct 31, 2019, 10:17 necrosis

BRING BACK SMALL MODE  

News Comments > EA Steam Return Hint

22. Re: EA Steam Return Hint Oct 26, 2019, 23:58 necrosis

peteham wrote on Oct 26, 2019, 16:17:
Wasn't the main [stated, at least] reason they pulled out back in the day the inability to sell DLC directly, rather than going via Steam and give Valve a cut? Did something change in that regard lately?

Sort of. Steam changed their rules so that any DLC for a game sold on steam must also be able to be bought on steam. They did not care if you could get it elsewhere as well just as long as a user could get it on steam too. Crysis 3 I think was the first to run afoul of the rule change.

Makes sense. So you don't have to go to different places to get your game then get the DLC. Like you had to with Mass Effect 2. DAO at least downloaded them in game.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 20, 2019, 20:28 necrosis

WTF is a super fast SSD?

Are they saying its "super fast" because its a normal SSD on a SATA III bus?

Do they mean its NVMe? (Though I really doubt this because of cost.)

Maybe just use cheaper hybrid drives and put SATA III busses in the damned things. Remember the plain PS4 only has a SATA II bus. Anyone who put a full blown SSD in that is a toolbag. PS4 Pro however had a STAT III bus.

News Comments > Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+?

8. Re: Control Exclusivity Cost Epic $10M+? Sep 21, 2019, 01:25 necrosis

Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 20:20:
It doesn't matter how much Epic is paying it matters if they - devs - would have sold more without the exclusive. Meh, whatevs, 10 mil for a game to sit around for a year while they polish it and sell the 'finished' version everywhere else for cheaper later on? I'm fine with that as Epic seems to be fine with wasting its money.

There is that but there is also the fact byt the time it hits Steam (at least I) how many will actually give a shit about the game? I already care little about Metro anymore.

Also I would not be surprised if these dumb asses try and sell it on steam for $60 because it is "new". They did this shit with console games when they came to PC (even years) after they were on console.

News Comments > French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales

30. Re: French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales Sep 20, 2019, 09:25 necrosis

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 21:41:
Be careful what you wish for here, laws like this have a way of turning out bad. For example this could rush in Game Streaming, since the alternative is this law that probably breaks business plans. Laws with good intentions have this happen to them. I don't feel the deal we have currently has been a bad one.

This. It is happening already in a different field.
Fast food register biscuits are demanding $15/hour for pushing buttons. What do the fast food places do? Get rid of their jobs with touch screen boards where the customer can push the buttons. Larger up front cost but long term probably a ton cheaper.

Or like supermarkets and home depos with self checkout. One person 'running' 4-6 lanes.

We already have 'games as services' taking off and its destroying gaming. This will just accelerate it.

News Comments > Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch

8. Re: Borderlands 3's Successful, Buggy Launch Sep 14, 2019, 15:55 necrosis

Rilcon wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 13:44:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 14, 2019, 13:34:
So to fix Borderlands 3 you need to get rid of Epic Game Store?
Does EGS actually let you kill it while playing? Wish I could do that with every launcher; Ubi's I think lets you close it but keeps some process running, Origin and Blizzard I remember would kill the game, and Steam might be game dependent based on using Steamworks DRM, but since most do I haven't bothered testing, and nor have I tried for Bethesda's.

GoG's the only (other?) one that just lets me play my damned game...
Battlenet can close after the game launches. Has been able to for years. In fact there is a option for bnet to close when the game launches in the options.

Something I wish more clients had.

Also what issues with BL3? Been watching tons on streamers and none of them have had issues.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released

31. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 15:20 necrosis

PHJF wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 12:40:
While I'm not about to go around the internet rating BL3 0/10, I feel like they should incur some kind of backlash for being EGS exclusive. I skimmed a few of the "professional" reviews and none of them even mentioned EGS. They should definitely mention it at the very least.
When have you EVER seen a 'commercial' reviewer ever take into account anything before the title screen and after the credits.

Some barely take bugs and missing settings (can't disable motion blur, cant shut of vsync, cant shut off mouse acceleration) into account when it comes to their ratings.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released

30. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 15:18 necrosis

fawker wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 11:50:
What a great way to start my new epic account, huzzah!

And, people still use metacritic?

Opencritic friend, meta-critic is a dinosaur.
Sorry. Screw open. It is even more questionable than Meta.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes

16. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes Aug 31, 2019, 19:02 necrosis

Why all of a sudden do we need roadmaps for fucking everything?

What happened to releasing shit when its done?

News Comments > Valve Fighting EU Antitrust Charges

21. Re: Valve Fighting EU Antitrust Charges Aug 30, 2019, 09:54 necrosis

So they go after gaming but not the movie industry and a lot of other companies that do the same thing?  

News Comments > Hades on Steam This Year

2. Re: Hades on Steam This Year Aug 22, 2019, 21:48 necrosis

And I am sure they will blame lack luster sales on Steam on the fact... its on Steam.

And not the fact its a year after its launch and people probably have just forgotten about the game and/or don't care at this point.

News Comments > Rust Axing Linux Client; Offering Refunds

3. Re: Rust Axing Linux Client; Offering Refunds Aug 17, 2019, 17:06 necrosis

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 14:07:
Facepunch Studios? More like Facepalm Studios.
Gaming on linux? The ones that bought into it are the idiots.

News Comments > DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban

8. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 13:35 necrosis

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 13:31:
Good, I stoped playing DayZ when I saw the ground becoming littered with the used syringes of dopers who couldn't play the game without shooting up virtual tokes of that fucking Jazz Cabbage.

All performance enhancing drugs should be banned in games.

Also it is hard to ignore the mounting evidence simulated drug use in murder simulators is spilling over into the real world in the form of real violence.
LOL. You precious snowflake.

News Comments > DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban

5. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 12:27 necrosis

Ahh another game getting edited world wide because of the nany state that is the AU.  

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans

24. Re: Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans Aug 4, 2019, 21:35 necrosis

Razumen wrote on Aug 4, 2019, 20:40:
Luke wrote on Aug 4, 2019, 19:27:
Sure more cloud...sure sure..for what?...ohh so people don't cheat...sure sure SOME believe that....pathetic

Cloud saves have nothing to do with cheating.
I think he was being sarcastic and making fun of Nintendo. Because that was their reasoning not all games have cloud saves.

News Comments > Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans

5. Re: Tim Sweeney on Epic Games Store Plans Aug 4, 2019, 12:24 necrosis

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 4, 2019, 12:14:
I'd be more upset with the year long exclusivity thing if every game in recent memory (almost) has been a buggy mess for the first 6 months to two years. Then the definitive /enhanced / Director's Cut versions come out then anyway...
This is how I have been thinking about it in my mind. I have a few games in my Steam library that I bought on launch and havent (still havent) touched because they are a buggy mess.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 4, 2019, 12:14:
I'm looking at it now as more of a beta period, although it seems like most games are going to still be FULL price when they get released a year later on Gog and Steam? That should definitely NOT be the case.
I would not be the least bit surprised if they try and pull this. $60 on EGS at launch then $60 on Steam a year later. They do/did this with console games when they finally came to PC MONTHS later. I remember griping about paying $50 for Mass Effect when it came to PC a year after consoles.

2232 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >