Descending
Limit Results:

36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Steam Deck Fuels FOMO Fever
Jul 17, 2021, 17:29
Re: Steam Deck Fuels FOMO Fever Jul 17, 2021, 17:29
Jul 17, 2021, 17:29

There definitely needs to be a new method of selling to resolve this situation as now it’s the ‘new norm’. High demand should invoke higher prices as these monies go to scalpers instead of to the original seller. It’s also annoying those trying to make a personal purchase.
Maybe some way of the units being solely licensed to their purchaser for a year to stop them being passed on.

Re: Out of the Blue
Jun 22, 2021, 19:38
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2021, 19:38
Jun 22, 2021, 19:38

Those were the good times, the jumps in gfx card tech was amazing. With each generation you could play glquake with higher resolutions and still timerefresh a decent a score!

First multiplayer type game I played on the internet beyond nettrek. The early mods were great (CTF with the grapple), the formation of clans and making your name animate with neat scripts at the end of levels.

I didn’t mind playing with 250 ping and got used to strafing with delays when turning. Those LBPs at uni / t1 / ISDNs always were top though!

First LAN party I ever attended as well was playing quake at the local Uni. DC Sujoy (well known British gamer of his time who completely pwned me in the competition after I took down his team mate) and Bullfrog were there showing off Populous 3.

Ah enough history for today…

Re: RIP Ben Kenobi Oh Wait..
May 29, 2021, 18:16
Re: RIP Ben Kenobi Oh Wait.. May 29, 2021, 18:16
May 29, 2021, 18:16

Agreed, the first 2 are very good. Was nice to play an interesting mystery game and the Mrs enjoyed the setting and plot too.

Tried playing recently but it has definitely not aged well…

Siberia 4 is out next year, I’ll buy that to continue supporting the small studio. Cyan worlds is another I’ll always buy from. Their games aren’t always as epic as they once were but I’d miss their diversity if they were gone.

Re: Rumored BlizzCon Details
Feb 17, 2021, 16:53
Re: Rumored BlizzCon Details Feb 17, 2021, 16:53
Feb 17, 2021, 16:53

Shame they get so much money by creating so little new content I’d much prefer a new game but that company is purely sponging off existing titles and exploiting their IPs.

Re: Sunday Metaverse
Jan 10, 2021, 16:56
Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 10, 2021, 16:56
Jan 10, 2021, 16:56

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 10, 2021, 16:33:
Chipp0r wrote on Jan 10, 2021, 16:30:
- UK shot themselves in the foot with Brexit.
While I would agree with this, I will admit only time will show if we are right. I just don't see them making it work. I mean, it took them four years to negotiate Brexit... but stranger things have happened. My personal predicition: By 2036 the UK will consist of England and Wales only.

There will be winners and losers like every change a government makes but Brexit effects will be seen in time as you said (though a lot of studies have predicted that it won't be disaster but we'll be generally poorer). There's been lots of hyperbole on both sides, it was an awful thing to go through in England and really made me open my eyes up hearing what people had to say (rather than via internet). Emotion vs rational thought costs jobs.

A 2 Country UK likely but the UK government will continue to block a vote they can lose until they are backed into a corner, perhaps to gain SNP support one party might say 'and we'll give Scotland the choice' just like the Conservatives gave on a whim (no one really asked for it!). My thoughts are the SNP said it was a 'once in a generation' election but now they are going back on the words (How unlike politicians... personally I find it disgusting, but whatever) - If they split, it very likely like Brexit is probably going to be, it'll make them poorer.

Jan 10, 2021, 16:44
Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 10, 2021, 16:44
Jan 10, 2021, 16:44

And if you want solutions to this:

-Champion science, education, achievements more than get rich media stars or those who have short-cut their way to success
-Encourage debate, exploration of views without hostility
-Measure societies health properly - Understand what makes people happy and healthy and encourage it (including their mental health).
-Ban those or hold the companies that run them who directly contradict science - Instead let this be part of debates and understand the science of why they are wrong. It's not right that people get conmen convincing them of a cure for cancer or 5G causes sickness, etc.
-Let sources of media that rely on fact be promoted through all platforms without the horrible spin of today and ensure the government follows these rules as well. It's not right that a politician says the policy is effective when clearly it's got flaws, it sure be a measurable thing that is open to factual scrutiny and debate.

Clearly, if we always take the easiest lazy path, we end up falling into a gutter - I don't mind admitting that to be the case that we do need this oversight and probably a different government system, a modern one that works for the people, not as platforms for themselves or their party.

Jan 10, 2021, 16:30
Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 10, 2021, 16:30
Jan 10, 2021, 16:30

We live in interesting times
- China is laughing at the western world for it's treatment and handling of the coronavirus which has brought huge expense and deaths due to a slow to react government and unwilling population to adhere to rules because we so used to being liberal and free.
- The strongest nation on earth elects a right wing narcissistic as president and is able to rile and maintain a loyal following.
- UK shot themselves in the foot with Brexit.

These make troubling times for western countries - As a string of bad decisions left up to the will of the people has caused all the above to happen and continue to persist. As social media continues to dominate and provide every person in every household their own echo-chambered view of life, these problems will deepen. We talk to people less to get other views, we understand less and less about the reality we live in thus we care less and ultimately, we'll be a race of selfish idiots being ruled by a rich elite and vain media superstars.

This is exactly like watching a Black Mirror episode and unless something is bravely done to take us off this path we're going then I do fear for the future.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Jan 8, 2021, 19:27
Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2021, 19:27
Jan 8, 2021, 19:27

That’s not correct - privacy can be maintained by using a security focused vpn provider and using services that don’t collect user data and encrypt their data. I’ve downloaded signal today and have seen a few contacts on there. I’ll do my best to encourage more to move to the platform.

WhatsApp will be a heavily ad driven tool soon so better to get off that now...

Re: Free Cyberpunk 2077 DLC Nears
Dec 31, 2020, 17:38
Re: Free Cyberpunk 2077 DLC Nears Dec 31, 2020, 17:38
Dec 31, 2020, 17:38

Cyberpunk will never have the same appeal as the Witcher, yes the side missions are many but they are normally very uninteresting and end up with a bonus reward if offered. The liner main quest is ok but definitely doesn’t hold the appeal and variety their previous title offers so there is very little reason to replay it.

I’ll give it a year but doubt they can fix the issues which to me is the lack of varied content subquests and branching main arc which made the Witcher world so interesting to explore despite the bugs. If cyberpunk just had bugs, then I wouldn’t complain...

Re: More on Epilepsy and Cyberpunk 2077
Dec 8, 2020, 18:38
Re: More on Epilepsy and Cyberpunk 2077 Dec 8, 2020, 18:38
Dec 8, 2020, 18:38

It's not a bad article written by the reviewer. She advised that she knew there was a risk and wanted to advise others how to play through it safely. I don't think there is any intent from the developers to cause a seizure and it's nice that they are working on a feature to dampen/reduce that visual. I know if I was a developer their and someone was ill by what I wrote and a simple fix could be put in to prevent more, I'd definitely want to do it.

Amending one part of the visuals is hardly a game changer so perhaps those whinging here should just take it into perspective. Yes, a charity predictably does what it does, become a mouthpiece for those with the condition. Same like those that are union bosses, etc, which are always over indulgent to their bases.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting AMD Ray Tracing Support Later
Nov 22, 2020, 02:18
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting AMD Ray Tracing Support Later Nov 22, 2020, 02:18
Nov 22, 2020, 02:18

Loyalty does naturally occur if you have good experience with one product and a poorer experience with the other. Yes, it may be a lottery but people don’t work by numbers (not even the president.. *cough*)

I do remember AMD/ATI for their poorer drivers, particularly when waking from sleep mode, it was often a hit or miss for me. However, years and years have rolled by and I would look again at AMD but I’m sort of locked in by the Gsync monitor... and the 1080 has served me very very well.

Re: Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy and New Mass Effect Announced
Nov 7, 2020, 15:11
Re: Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy and New Mass Effect Announced Nov 7, 2020, 15:11
Nov 7, 2020, 15:11

shinchan0s wrote on Nov 7, 2020, 13:58:
Did they remaster ME3's ending?

If they were clever they’d remake it with a hint to where the next game in the series will lead (obviously avoid andromeda, that game isn’t worthy at all) as a surprise but rarely you get that joined up thinking.

From the statement they already said they’re not going to remake or imagine, which is a shame as some areas could do with a bit of polish over just the gfx.

Re: The Outer Worlds on Steam This Month
Oct 10, 2020, 08:45
Re: The Outer Worlds on Steam This Month Oct 10, 2020, 08:45
Oct 10, 2020, 08:45

The first planet is entertaining but beyond that it gets mundane - They just should've made it shorter and focused more on making their content better. Just seemed so grindy afterwards and the ship/shipmates development again felt lackluster.

I was hoping more of a game like Mass Effect and they had the right stuff, just wayyy overstretched themselves.

Re: Wasteland 3 Released
Aug 29, 2020, 12:32
Re: Wasteland 3 Released Aug 29, 2020, 12:32
Aug 29, 2020, 12:32

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 29, 2020, 01:57:
I'm thinking I'm going to be hitting game breaking bugs in coop, I don't know if they exist in single player.

In general there are a number of smaller bugs, but it seems after I leave an area and return or wait a long time, sequences are resetting as if I didn't run them before. I could give several examples and I notice now where I had main missions they are now gone.

They certainly do as I ran into a game breaking bug in the first 15 minutes of play. I turned it off and will wait till it has a few patches. Definitely disappointing first impression, but I'll hold off a review until later.

Re: Phoenix Point Gets Blood and Titanium DLC
Mar 6, 2020, 12:04
Re: Phoenix Point Gets Blood and Titanium DLC Mar 6, 2020, 12:04
Mar 6, 2020, 12:04

It's definitely bland (I own it) - so I'd stay away.

Definitely doesn't have that polish like X-com 2...

Re: Op Ed
Feb 28, 2020, 18:02
Re: Op Ed Feb 28, 2020, 18:02
Feb 28, 2020, 18:02

It is funny when Blizzard did a great job of a story in Warcraft 3 then totally relied on the sole characters for 18 years.

I doubt it's the lack of creativity, it's the lack of corporate balls to try something different.

All we get is reforged, Wow Classic and a terrible movie.

Re: Roberta Williams to Receive GDCA Pioneer Award
Feb 26, 2020, 22:41
Re: Roberta Williams to Receive GDCA Pioneer Award Feb 26, 2020, 22:41
Feb 26, 2020, 22:41

Hah how strange, it was only Tuesday that kings quest 1, 2 & 3 turned up from eBay and was reading up about her as she was on the back of the box

Re: Out of the Blue
Feb 12, 2020, 14:08
Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2020, 14:08
Feb 12, 2020, 14:08

I've been using the services since the days of Stomped.com was around. Bluesnews has always been top quality for me! I'll honestly say I do use Ad Blockers (Pi Hole) so having a patreon account would be great for me to contribute. Again like those below, I don't care for gimmiks of tiers and rewards but perhaps if you had a merch store, I'd be interested in a purchase or two

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Oct 3, 2019, 17:02
Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 3, 2019, 17:02
Oct 3, 2019, 17:02

The fact is that anything can be done for a price - your old car run indefinitely if you’re willing to pay for it...

Unless of extremely good reasons, I’d be embarrassed to work in an IT environment that still runs 7. What you do at home of course, is entirely up to the individual.

Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3
Sep 23, 2019, 17:01
Re: Billion Dollar Borderlands 3 Sep 23, 2019, 17:01
Sep 23, 2019, 17:01

I don't get all the silly hate about which store you buy the game from, especially when developers get more from it.

I have a lot of stores, EA's origin, Uplay, Blizz launcher, Epic and Steam and I don't mind. Yes it'd be great for a unified launcher, but guess what, I have desktop shortcuts!

Platform exclusives, now I can see that being annoying as you need to buy different hardware to play the game but simply installing another launcher for free to buy/play on the same hardware is hardly worthy of the whinging I see here.

PC gamers are supposed to be gritter than console players as we've gone through the challenges of setting up a gaming system. Perhaps we've had it too easy and a return to the dos days would make people appreciate what they have.

Back on topic, I'm glad it's sold well.
36 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older