Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1838 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
1. Re: Making of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Jul 10, 2014, 20:57 Mad Max RW

With how poorly received their Battleborn reveal went down on just about every website I've seen, it's looking more and more like Gearbox can only do Borderlands these days. And just like much of their titles once again they aren't directly involved with this one. What a waste.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rebellion "Could" Return to AvP Series
5. Re: Rebellion Jul 10, 2014, 20:53 Mad Max RW

The original was the best. I'm so attached to it I rebuilt the entire game following the Steam re-release. But their return to the franchise in recent years was a joke. The Rebellion of today is not the same Rebellion of 1999. For now please stay away from AvP. Maybe in a few years when the license is no longer in Sega's hands and they get serious about making good games again.  

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
16. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 8, 2014, 16:17 Mad Max RW

That looks truly awful.  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth in October
18. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth in October Jul 3, 2014, 19:08 Mad Max RW

I was apprehensive about buying Civ 5 Complete during the Steam sale since I was so underwhelmed by Civ 4's launch. Then the surprisingly large amount of updates and mods I saw put me over the edge. And you know what, this is actually a very fun game. It's no Civ 2 (or even 3) and I doubt Beyond Earth will hold a candle to Alpha Centauri. At any rate I'm looking forward to see what they come up with.  

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Jul 1, 2014, 18:58 Mad Max RW

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 17:57:
WTF is going on in here!? I sleep for a few hours and WTF is wrong with some of you!?

The same old predictable phony self righteous bullshit spewing from the same old predictable phony self righteous bullshitters, of course.

Run! Run as far as you can before an internet nobody calls you homophobic.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2014, 10:30 Mad Max RW

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 09:55:

Really though, what's the word on Wasteland 2? I absolutely adore the first wasteland and everything about it. Anyone here spend significant time with it yet? Thoughts?

Don't expect a modern version of the original because they deviated pretty far from it. The setting, characters, and overall writing is similar. However, the gameplay is totally different. I've said several times before, Wasteland 2 is like a fully realized Fallout Tactics. You create a team of Rangers at the beginning like in Wasteland 1 by chosing up to 4 pre-made characters or rolling new ones. Then you're dropped into the main storyline which is fairly linear and only branches in a couple obvious places. Combat is very similar to Tactics' turnbased mode. The worldmap functions the same. You enter and exit areas just like Wasteland and Fallout.

The UI and inventory is sort of a cluttered hybrid of both Wasteland, Fallout, and oddly enough Fallout 3/New Vegas. Thankfully they are changing it all the time and making huge improvements. You can take apart weapons and use their parts to upgrade others. Looting is significantly easier. After a battle instead of clicking from one body to another in a close area you can quickly scroll through them all in one window.

As for the story I can't really comment until the remaining half is released. None of the NPCs are particularly memorable. I do like the voice acting and the writing has the bleak yet dark humor you expect.

Technically Wasteland 2 looks good and runs nice and smooth. It loads fast and has been very stable the past several months. If you have a decent computer there's no reason why it would run like crap.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 14:00 Mad Max RW

Creston wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 13:55:
nin wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 13:39:
Wolfentein - $30! Very fun game!

That is cray cray. It came out like three weeks ago!

And everyone, please buy Shadowrun Returns. If it sells enough copies, they will hopefully make more campaigns for it, and the Berlin one was awesome.

They recently brought in some new people to work on an unannounced expansion pack. Buy it anyway because the game (especially Dragonfall) kicks ass.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
4. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 16:08 Mad Max RW

Parias wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 15:52:
Sweet! I like, at least conceptually. But, it being squad-based and all.. will it have co-op?

It's coming from the team behind E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, one of my favorite coop games of the last several years. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't included.

[edit] Fucking ninja'd by Trevellian.

EYE supports way more than 4 player coop. Right now there's a couple 32 player and several 16 player servers running.

News Comments > Stardock and Ironclad Prevail in Rebellion Lawsuit; Fight Continues
10. Re: Stardock and Ironclad Prevail in Rebellion Lawsuit; Fight Continues Jun 26, 2014, 22:21 Mad Max RW

Trevellian wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 20:29:
Task wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 20:10:
Make another Alien vs. Predator game.

They did, it came out in 2010 and was a remake of their original Aliens Vs Predator game. And it was awful, just as awful as Colonial Marines. So why on earth would you want them to make another one.

It wasn't a remake. This is a common misconception because it was the same studio working on a game with the same title. (And I use the phrase "same studio" very loosely. Only a handful of the original people remain and they're all execs more interested in selling magazines.) In reality development started as another cheap tie-in with the AvP: Requiem movie. After Sierra folded and Sega acquired the game license they gave Rebellion less than a year to redo everything into its own thing to be marketed as a new AAA title.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Video
4. Re: Killing Floor 2 Video Jun 26, 2014, 16:16 Mad Max RW

So excited for this. The updated specimens look great. I can't wait to see how the modding community expands the rest of the game.  

55. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 23:41 Mad Max RW

Oh please. Beamer, you are the one obvious racist on this website with your never ending bitchfest about "straight white males". Mostly everyone here sees through your little act. Pretending to be a champion for gay rights didn't work. Pretending to be a feminist didn't work. Pretending to care about Native Americans and Muslims or whatever else will not elevate you to a messiah for the downtrodden. Lighten the fuck up.

Putting your self-righteous nonsense back on ignore where you belong.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 22:51 Mad Max RW

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 21:29:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 19:20:
I recommend checking out Pain & Gain if you're a fan of mid-90s Tony Scott movies.
Tony Scott has directed some good films.

Spy Game, Enemy of the State, Crimson Tide, The Last Boy Scout. Pain & Gain though, judged by the trailer, looks to be another Bay loser.

Too often trailers misrepresent a movie. Give it a chance. I hate Michael Bay as much as the next guy and was pleasantly surprised.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 19:20 Mad Max RW

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 18:56:
Saw a commercial for the upcoming Transformers movie and it prompted me to check IMDB for all of Michael Bay's directorial filmography -- and I think the only thing on the list I have any interest in seeing is from 1990, Playboy: Kerri Kendall - September 1990 Video Centerfold.

I recommend checking out Pain & Gain if you're a fan of mid-90s Tony Scott movies. It gave off serious True Romance vibes. Michael Bay should continue in this direction whenever Transformers burns itself out.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
37. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 15:47 Mad Max RW

Drayth wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 13:30:
I give it another year and every one of us will be ignoring everyone else.

Should make the comment section interesting for the lurkers.

We already have admitted Nazi apologist Cutter ignoring virtually every single person on here. His repetitive nonsense is good foreshadowing.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped
6. Re: Far Cry 4 PC Graphics Gimped Jun 20, 2014, 09:39 Mad Max RW

How about the Blood Dragon followup or something similar? I'm playing through FC3 now and it's just so dull in comparison. Gameplay is great, however the setting, story and characters are been there done that and not very good.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 20, 2014, 09:26 Mad Max RW

And once again it will be killed by Harry Reid and the Democrats in the Senate. If the Republicans take the Senate back later this year Obama will simply veto any future bill. The best part is if they win the presidency in 2016 and retain the House and Senate I guarantee they will do nothing about the NSA.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Jun 20, 2014, 08:57 Mad Max RW

He desperately needs any kind of distraction right now. When NBC is saying his presidency is "over" you know things are bad.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jun 20, 2014, 08:51 Mad Max RW

Your social justice warrior routine has run into the ground. Find a new hobby.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2014, 22:25 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 05:44:
Nathos wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 00:55:
I remember back in the day when Dr. Smart was like, the favorite a-hole/whipping boy of the internets.

We've moved past that. There are now bigger a-holes.

There are few examples so stark as Derek Smart.

Also, he completely missed the point why people railed him. It has very little to do with the price. Lots of people have done that. It has everything to do with the attitudes and presentation of that.

I had an epiphany just now. You know what? Fuck it. He does this shit on purpose to get off. He gets huge wood seeing people getting pissed at his words. DIAF DS. Not gonna read or spend any more time on your trolling.

It seems more people get wood by endlessly talking about him.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2014, 22:15 Mad Max RW

It's funny how the guy leading the war against the Washington Red Skins is a straight white male politician named Harry Reid from Nevada. Now who is going after Notre Dame's Fighting Irish? Should PETA take aim at the UCONN Huskies? Somebody must be offended somewhere! The government has to save them!

Censorship, thy name is liberalism.

1838 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo