Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1819 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Free Update 5 Now; New DLC Next Week
8. Re: DOOM Free Update 5 Now; New DLC Next Week Dec 8, 2016, 13:11 Mad Max RW

Did they ever change their stance on releasing a true editor? I popped back in a few days ago to see what the most popular Snap Map creations are, and of course a remake of Doom 1 is at the top. Classic textures and sounds are available so pretty easy job, right? Well it's complete crap. If I wasn't already aware of Snap Map's limitations I'd guess the author had made his maps based on having played them once 20 years ago and checked a couple screenshots since then. Original maps are even worse. Every map still feels like a slightly different interpretation of the same lego set. The crazy scripting stuff people do to spice things up is a massive waste of time. Still loved the game, but man did they miss an opportunity by not embracing the modders who kept the series alive for decades.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
10. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 15:40 Mad Max RW

The fuck. I own this game, never played, and now they are re-releasing it at full price. Get it together, Gearbox.  

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
34. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 27, 2016, 10:44 Mad Max RW

They posted a video explaining the update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9PvjJJijY&feature=youtu.be

Looks a bit shit. I still don't see the point in base building when you have to constantly move from planet to planet. The freighter stuff is a good addition. The building part seems very limited, though. From what I can tell you are given an already existing outpost/freighter with some blank interiors to carve out hallways and rooms. Bleh.

What the game desperately needs is a larger variety of weapons, multiplayer, more realistic planets orbiting stars (what they fucking promised right up until release day), a galaxy map that isn't garbage, actual meaning to different ship types, and everything else they fucking said would be there. How about HOTAS and TrackIR support. Hire some writers who aren't shit and come up with lore that makes sense. Who gives a shit about base building.

God damn, NMS is the worst game I've played in years. Back to Elite Dangerous. I know people have issues with Elite but everything it does it does so damn well and the devs are always communicating with us. Their support team is made up of humans who get back to you right away, unlike Hello Games with their nonsensical copy and paste auto-response emails. They have a clear roadmap and frequent updates. And it has a ton of lore adding a little more meat to the galaxy. I love the sense of progression from feeling like a scared little fish working up to a big bad shark in this vast ocean. NMS doesn't have anything to offer once you fix your ship and warp to the first new fake star system skybox.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
95. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 13:15 Mad Max RW

BobBob wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 12:57:

I'm not referring to blatant bigots or xenophobes, but I noticed commonly there are groups of people who are close-minded and dogmatically attached to restrictive
viewpoints, traditions, and attitudes with only a home education based on stereotypes and misconceptions vs first hand experience with other cultures and having a higher education - empathy, knowledge, and understanding.

I realize I'm speaking in vague generalizations, but if were sitting down and having s conversation, I could provide detailed accounts of experiences and interactions to back up my claims, ex: personal encounters to over hearing conversations to observing behaviors in public and private.

You find that everywhere, though. You're pushing the false narrative that a large section of the country has a monopoly on being closed minded, which simply isn't true. You will find people like that in each and every state. You'll even find it in the supposed utopia that is Canada. People are just as racist there as they are in the US. An invisible line doesn't suddenly make the majority on one side of it full of hate for people they don't know. And that's precisely what you did by mentioning the Midwest/South. Welcome to the human race. Those with different views aren't automatically closed-minded. It's so much easier to do that than doing the hard thing like getting to know people. But hey, that's why people hang out here and on Twitter and facebook and bitch.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 13:06 Mad Max RW

If only Snowden got a sex change then all the media would love him.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
108. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 23, 2016, 13:04 Mad Max RW

It would be incredible if after years of people jerking off to No Man's Sky which failed spectacularly is then followed up by a pretty great Star Citizen game that everyone appears to hate. Personally I feel it looks like simplified casual shit (the meat of the game, space flight, still remains garbage), but pulling off something like that would screw up everybody's compass. I don't think the hardcore fans who flushed away thousands of dollars can handle another such Hillary-like failure in their lonely lives.  

93. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 12:44 Mad Max RW

What mid western/southern states have you been to? Do you personally know anybody from those areas of the country? I've spent time and maintain friendships with people from every state and the most intolerant, hate-filled racist people are liberal Yalies living like royalty in New Haven while doing nothing to help the desperately poor neighborhoods barely a few blocks away. I dare anybody crying about living in a red state to come to Connecticut.  

89. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 23, 2016, 08:54 Mad Max RW

BobBob wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 17:52:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 13:09:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 10:41:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 04:37:
BobBob wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 18:18:
I can feel the normalization coming. Or I'm tired of feeling shocked, scared, and hopeless. I guess I'll just hope the California political forcefield can protect us for 4 years ... or more.

California is on the path to secession, so you'll have it made in the shade.

At this time it might as be the National Inquirer story, living there, there is next to no talk about this. There is a very small group that also has been wanting to split the state into 3 or 4 states. It makes good news at 11pm I suppose but it has no legs and imo that group is way out in front of the succession one. That said a east/west coast split as a test would be interesting.

These secession talks are just silly. It was stupid when TX talked of it after Obama's election, and it's just as stupid now with CA. No one is going anywhere.

Probably, but it's the only hope we can cling onto. Meanwhile, I'll just hide here on 'the hill' and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist or whatever happens on news is like a post-apocalyptic movie - not really happening.

Please let California become its own country. I'm begging you. There will never be another Democratic president in our lifetime. And it would be illegal for Hollywood to donate millions of dollars to Dem candidates. Lovely idea, BobBob. I'm sure you thought it through.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2016, 08:48 Mad Max RW

Drink in their tears. Their hypocrisy was exposed long ago and got what they deserved with a President Trump. Revel in their sorrow. They aren't upset about racism and sexism. What they're upset about is the final realization of how irrelevant they are.

Are the babies wearing their safety pins today? Ha!

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2016, 10:10.

184. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2016, 16:14 Mad Max RW

BobBob wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 09:47:
Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 09:21:

Glenn Beck called, he wants his rhetoric back.

Nice attempt to discredit what I'm saying by associating my speculation with a political commentator who I never listen to.

The evidence is speaking for itself:

http://tinyurl.com/jc2fzaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDIBvNZRiuc

http://tinyurl.com/hsg9bdt

http://tinyurl.com/jalu4mh

Sad and terrifying, this is only the beginning.

If this is what you believe then how are you preparing for it? Because using the internet to anonymously call people you don't even know racist and sexist doesn't work. Having a huge public tantrum by sitting in freeways and smashing cars doesn't gain any sympathy.

I will promise you one thing. If Trump does any sort of crazy unconstitutional shit, goes after marriage rights, starts trade wars leading to a depression, or fails at making it easier for people to become legal citizens, I'll be right there with you and we can make this a really short presidency for him.

179. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2016, 09:21 Mad Max RW

BobBob wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 09:15:
When you get tired of being oppressed by the new regime ruled by Herr Trump, and his brown shirts rampaging through the streets, and public schools and daily life threatened by gangs of racists and ultra right wing reactionaries that have crawled out of hiding -- emboldened, empowered, and validated by this new administration - let me know when you seek sanctuary. We will welcome you in our refuge of freedom, tolerance, and diversity, known as California.

What truly scares me the #%%# out of me is that I might not be joking.

Glenn Beck called, he wants his rhetoric back.

178. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 11, 2016, 09:20 Mad Max RW

Beamer wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 08:47:
Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 11, 2016, 08:06:
The tears are so fucking delicious. Is Beamer on suicide watch?

This is what you crawl out from under a rock for?

I thought you were calling them "safe spaces" now?

170. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Nov 11, 2016, 08:06 Mad Max RW

The tears are so fucking delicious. Is Beamer on suicide watch?  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
69. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 22, 2015, 13:16 Mad Max RW

harlock wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:02:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 11:34:
I don't know, could it be that people enjoy a better experience using the keyboard mouse? Button mashing with the controller gets old fast IMO and if directional buttons come into play, good luck with that.

theres quite a difference between having a simple preference, and the frantic display in the comments below - thats what im talking about.. the same as Jeryk - the freak outs

i dont care what controls you prefer.. thats not the issue - its the outbursts and "FUCKING CONSOLES!!!" bullshit... its retarded

thats my opinion, so it should please you to see it

You're the last person who should be giving advice about irrational outbursts.

News Comments > etc.
15. Re: etc. Mar 22, 2015, 13:14 Mad Max RW

I originally said the local news and reality are two different things. You should take a break from watching it obsessively and go outside. Try not to be so afraid of the big bad cops.  

News Comments > etc.
10. removed Mar 22, 2015, 08:15 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 22, 2015, 11:00.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Mar 21, 2015, 22:00 Mad Max RW

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 09:19:
InBlack wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 03:24:
I don't get it. Are they just going to ignore Alien3 ever happened or what?

Also apparently Biehn doesn't have an Instagram account, so there is that to consider.

I read somewhere that they are going to be effectively ignoring Aliens 3 and 4, and continuing from some time after Aliens (2). They kind of have to, if they want a non-clone Ripley and Hicks, of course.

All that said, Aliens 3 gets way too much hate, it wasn't great but it was interesting in its own way, once you got past the intro rage at the deaths of Newt and Hick.

In a followup interview with Neil Blompkamp he clarified they are NOT ignoring Alien 3 and 4. Unfortunately since it was said once on the internet this sort of misunderstanding will last right up to the movie's release in theaters. Had you clicked the link and read past the first line you would already know this.

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month
18. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 20, 2015, 07:51 Mad Max RW

Well we are going to have to agree to disagree then. For me Carma 2 is one of my favorite games but it pales in comparison to the original + Splat Pack. The design is so plain and uninspired. Boring cars. Boring maps. It was and remains very prone to crashing. The menu frequently broke. Many vehicles were cut with some of them being recreated by fans. Also the whole second half of the career after launching the nukes and transforming the previous maps into post apocalyptic ruins was axed because of time. It's well known SCi rushed the sequel, which burned out Stainless who passed on doing Carmageddon 3 and lead to the pathetic TDR2000. New technology aside, Carma 2's saving grace was the awesome gameplay and modding community.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month
15. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 17:20 Mad Max RW

16GB of RAM here with a 4GB Geforce GTX 770 and it runs fine (averaging 60fps and drops significantly during pinball mode in certain maps) with all the settings on and draw distance sliders between halfway and 3/4 to the right. People don't seem to realize or are unwilling to accept this game is a memory hog. At any given moment it is running several hundred unique pedestrian AI and thousands upon thousands of physics objects. Then add the other drivers, powerups, and the rest of the bells and whistles that effect the entire world at once. No other game is doing that. Not GTA or Saints Row or Crysis or anything. Graphics quality has little to do with performance here.

I see a lot of people bringing up Carmageddon 2. Well I don't know how many of you were around when that game was released but it was a buggy unfinished mess (literally half the game was missing) and unplayable on many MANY more PC setups. If you dared force a greater draw distance it quickly became a slideshow on even the most top of the line computers.

Stainless seems to have a history of overestimating the capability of average PC gamers. Maybe they assumed if you had the money to spare to kickstart Carmageddon Reincarnation you can afford a computer upgrade. They made it for the super dedicated life long fans and appear to have delivered. Casuals should stay away.

News Comments > etc., etc.
14. Re: etc., etc. Mar 17, 2015, 10:45 Mad Max RW

My city tried mandating restaurants and bakeries give away leftover food to the poor and homeless several years ago. It was a colossal failure. Most people don't want leftovers and those who took it were crackheads and assholes who threw it all over the place. The same locals who petitioned for free food had a quick change of heart when the next day donuts and cakes and chicken carcasses littered the sidewalks. I've never seen anything like it before or since. Whole cakes smashed in the street for no reason.  

1819 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo