Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mad Max RW

Real Name Mad Max RW   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Mad Max RW
Email madmax_rw2000@yahoo.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 23, 2003, 21:40
Total Comments 1838 (Pro)
User ID 15920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
19. removed Jan 21, 2017, 10:17 Mad Max RW

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 21, 2017, 16:50.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox Deathwatch?
45. Re: Gearbox Deathwatch? Jan 1, 2017, 16:09 Mad Max RW

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 13:57:
Holy shit. If Twitter goes under, how will the President of the United States provide administrative updates to the entire nation? And don't say "press conferences", because that involves talking to actual live *people* who can ask questions.

You should be more concerned about the hoards of suicidal cowardly libs losing a place to vent their phony frustrations. There will always be Blue's News, of course...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 15:08 Mad Max RW

Merry Safe Spaces and Happy Trigger Warning everyone!  

26. Re: “Today, I look at the sun, and I feel no warmth.” Dec 25, 2016, 15:03 Mad Max RW

Alien Covenant trailer was bland as hell. I hated Prometheus but at least the trailers were great. All the mystery is gone and that music choice almost put me to sleep. What a letdown after the surprisingly good Blade Runner 2049 teaser.

Fury Road is the best reboot/sequel so far beyond Alien it's in another league.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
22. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 24, 2016, 17:41 Mad Max RW

Jeez this thing is so fucked.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 13:24 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 13:09:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:54:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:45:
Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:28:
Yes, Steam is down for everyone

That was posted an hour ago. It's 12:30 EST here atm and it's still down.

Probably a DDOS by some kiddies upset that their favorite game wasn't 90% off.

Are you sure you don't want to blame the Russians?

I didn't mention the kiddie's nationality...

What's kinda funny is if this is a DDOS attack then in all likelihood it is Russian hackers. I'm seeing lots of claims of responsibility popping up but no real confirmation yet.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 23, 2016, 13:03 Mad Max RW

Will all the butthurt Blue's News libs be on suicide watch through inauguration day? I want each of you to livestream yourselves crying. I can never get tired of watching that. God forbid you skip a day from crying on the internet. Are you triggered?  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 12:54 Mad Max RW

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:45:
Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:28:
Yes, Steam is down for everyone

That was posted an hour ago. It's 12:30 EST here atm and it's still down.

Probably a DDOS by some kiddies upset that their favorite game wasn't 90% off.

Are you sure you don't want to blame the Russians?

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
9. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 12:06 Mad Max RW

Wow. I can't decide what is more obnoxious, the heavily scripted video or the idiots narrating it.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2016, 12:04 Mad Max RW

Blade Runner 2049 teaser trailer just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDscTTE-P-k

Looks great to me. Will be a long wait.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
42. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 12, 2016, 12:12 Mad Max RW

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 12:06:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:29:
Good. You're doing your part and should leave it at that. But you won't because you're too fucking bored. What exactly do you want everyone else to do? Should individuals be thrown in jail for owning a car that runs on gas? Will we bomb nations that refuse to stop burning coal? Poor people in third world countries don't care about this stuff. This is a rich person problem. Most people working day to day never contemplate their carbon footprint. Maybe just kill all the undesirables because it's so much easier. How about selectively culling the world population for the good of the environment? Make farts illegal.

Does this stuff keep you up at night? If so then get a grip already.

You're not going to get under my skin with this ridiculous hyperbole Max, you should know better. "kill the undesirables" was my favorite bit, well done Biggrin I'm going to do my part and ask others to do theirs because it affects all of us, rich people or poor. We've worked together before on this issue and it didn't hurt industry or kill poor people in world industry.

Well said and agreed. I can't help trying to push buttons in these topics. You know there's a lot of people who get all hot and bothered every time. But you're a good dude.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer
7. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer Dec 12, 2016, 12:07 Mad Max RW

Trevellian wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:18:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 10:46:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 10:36:
I was super looking forward to this game but after the Beta I refunded the pre order on Steam.

Tons of crashing bugs.

No AI director, which is something a L4D style game needs (Hell even Vermintide has one), all mobs spawn in the same position on the maps every time. You can learn the entire spawn positions in 5 runs and the game becomes boring and dull.

No actual character progression, it uses MOBA style progression where you level up and equip yourself with what you've unlocked on the map then lose it when you move on to the next, makes absolutely no sense.

The devs were too lazy to figure out how to balance the Heavy Flamer so they just removed one of the most iconic weapons from the game.

They at least hit all the aesthetic parts right, which is refreshing after Space Marine failed at that. Perhaps if they spent as much time on the game as they did on these high quality trailers it would have come out great.

Can't speak for the single player as we never had access to it. Maybe the story is good, but it still wouldn't warrant a 34(40 after early adopter price) dollar purchase from me for all the other bugs right now. This game needed at least 6 more months and then maybe it would have come out bug free, but that still wouldn't have fixed the overarching issues.

I was a huge fan of their last game, E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. Didn't try the beta of this or look too deep into it beyond a handful of videos. Is Deathwing at all comparable? I'm not a big fan of the WH40k series, but infused with the dev's unique weirdness and addictive gameplay of EYE it should be right up my alley.

Like I said we couldn't play Single Player so I'm not sure how that aspect compares to E.Y.E. at all. I remember that game having actual character progression and skill points and such, this has none of that at least in Multiplayer.

In Multi. You kill shit, level up, it unlocks a new ability or weapon all MOBA style and you go back to fighting. After the map is over you lose all that progress. Which completely ruins the urge to want to repeatedly slog through the same maps with the same mob placement over and over. I assume that placement will still hold true in Singleplayer. In fact going out on a limb here I'm assuming the Multiplayer map objectives are probably the exact same as the story ones on the same maps just without the actual narative. Just a hunch though.

I really, really wanted this game to be good. At least on par of quality with L4D and Vermintide in the gameplay aspect. So I'm also being very hard on the glaring issues that this game is lacking which made the others have hours of replay.

Ah that really sucks. Thanks for the clarification. Between this and TBs beta stream I'll give it a pass and check back later.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Patch
3. Re: No Man's Sky Patch Dec 12, 2016, 11:48 Mad Max RW

Game still needs at least a year of patching and several Foundation sized free expansions before I'd recommend at any price. Every gameplay feature is so basic and poorly implemented. Flying, shooting, collecting resources, all were done so much better in other games more than a decade ago. The one saving grace, if they chose to embrace it, is the struggling modding community. It came on strong then burned out very quickly. Open the game up some more and invite the fans in then this could be something to talk about. Right now it's a waste of a good music soundtrack.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
55. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 12, 2016, 11:37 Mad Max RW

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 10:07:

It's disconcerting that fake news fools people so easily these days, people don't even bother to second source something most of the time or better yet look at the quality of the source itself.

It's funny you guys rarely ever complained about "fake news" before Trump won. Even funnier is how you same babbling keyboard warriors once called anyone who was critical of the news (except Fox, of course because they've always been "fake") as tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists. No no no keep deflecting. Hopefully before you die of old age you'll realize all news is fake. The "truth" is whatever you want it to be. They are telling whatever story sells best. Pizzagate, global warming, pussy grabbing bullshit.

40. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 12, 2016, 11:29 Mad Max RW

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:14:
Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 10:37:
So what are you personally doing about it?

Gosh we're saving the universe by recycling and buying an electric car! Is that what you wanted to hear? What do you think we're doing? We're doing the same thing as most sensible people, trying to limit our impact by reducing our carbon footprint. That basically starts with your household and your vehicle for most people. I'm also trying to raise awareness rather than spreading disinformation about it. What we can do as individuals is important but it really needs to be addressed on both a societal and worldwide level, just like we addressed the ozone crisis. That was ironically one of the few UN successes.

Good. You're doing your part and should leave it at that. But you won't because you're too fucking bored. What exactly do you want everyone else to do? Should individuals be thrown in jail for owning a car that runs on gas? Will we bomb nations that refuse to stop burning coal? Poor people in third world countries don't care about this stuff. This is a rich person problem. Most people working day to day never contemplate their carbon footprint. Maybe just kill all the undesirables because it's so much easier. How about selectively culling the world population for the good of the environment? Make farts illegal.

Does this stuff keep you up at night? If so then get a grip already.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer
3. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer Dec 12, 2016, 10:46 Mad Max RW

Trevellian wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 10:36:
I was super looking forward to this game but after the Beta I refunded the pre order on Steam.

Tons of crashing bugs.

No AI director, which is something a L4D style game needs (Hell even Vermintide has one), all mobs spawn in the same position on the maps every time. You can learn the entire spawn positions in 5 runs and the game becomes boring and dull.

No actual character progression, it uses MOBA style progression where you level up and equip yourself with what you've unlocked on the map then lose it when you move on to the next, makes absolutely no sense.

The devs were too lazy to figure out how to balance the Heavy Flamer so they just removed one of the most iconic weapons from the game.

They at least hit all the aesthetic parts right, which is refreshing after Space Marine failed at that. Perhaps if they spent as much time on the game as they did on these high quality trailers it would have come out great.

Can't speak for the single player as we never had access to it. Maybe the story is good, but it still wouldn't warrant a 34(40 after early adopter price) dollar purchase from me for all the other bugs right now. This game needed at least 6 more months and then maybe it would have come out bug free, but that still wouldn't have fixed the overarching issues.

I was a huge fan of their last game, E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. Didn't try the beta of this or look too deep into it beyond a handful of videos. Is Deathwing at all comparable? I'm not a big fan of the WH40k series, but infused with the dev's unique weirdness and addictive gameplay of EYE it should be right up my alley.

38. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 12, 2016, 10:37 Mad Max RW

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 09:54:
Climate change is real and we need to address it.

So what are you personally doing about it?

36. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 12, 2016, 09:36 Mad Max RW

I wish it was actually warming here. I'm sick of getting up before dawn and cleaning snow until long after the sun goes down day after day for what feels like half the year  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
50. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 12, 2016, 09:26 Mad Max RW

Hehe, libs still in denial about losing the election to a guy with the worst combover in history. Blame it on Martians next.  

News Comments > DOOM Free Update 5 Now; New DLC Next Week
8. Re: DOOM Free Update 5 Now; New DLC Next Week Dec 8, 2016, 13:11 Mad Max RW

Did they ever change their stance on releasing a true editor? I popped back in a few days ago to see what the most popular Snap Map creations are, and of course a remake of Doom 1 is at the top. Classic textures and sounds are available so pretty easy job, right? Well it's complete crap. If I wasn't already aware of Snap Map's limitations I'd guess the author had made his maps based on having played them once 20 years ago and checked a couple screenshots since then. Original maps are even worse. Every map still feels like a slightly different interpretation of the same lego set. The crazy scripting stuff people do to spice things up is a massive waste of time. Still loved the game, but man did they miss an opportunity by not embracing the modders who kept the series alive for decades.  

1838 Comments. 92 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo