Total Posts
20972 (Jedi)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

20972 Comments. 1049 pages. Viewing page 7.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17    1049  ] Older

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jan 7, 2021, 19:30
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2021, 19:30
Jan 7, 2021, 19:30

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 12:28:
Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 12:25:
RogueSix wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 11:20:
VaranDragon wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 09:08:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 08:29:
Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 07:55:
VaranDragon wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 07:12:
Jonjonz wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 06:44:
* Emboldened, whipped into a ever madder frenzy, this pro-Nazi mob will escalate the violence until Oklahoma city type bombings become the norm.
* With social media platforms reinforcement and active spreading of fear, hate, and chaos, fascism will continue to rise and this land will eventually be run by a fascist dictator.

I keep hoping this will not happed, but so far, this is the direction things are going.

This will never happen because as soon as Biden takes office (or within a few months at the latest) the US will once again be at war with some third world country and the rednecks will be mollified by their hate for the foreign black\brown\yellow man. I'm not a Trump supporter, never was, but I can't shake the feeling that he lost by a margin, because he wouldn't suck up to the military industrial complex and their escapades into "enemy" territory and opted to openly demonize liberals and minorities within the US instead as his populist policy.
I really hope I'm wrong about this first part though

Of course you're wrong, but about Trump, who dropped more bombs than any other president in history.

Conservatives weirdly seem shocked by that, because they think he was peaceful. The reality is they simply haven't paid attention. The man dropped more bombs than Obama, Bush, FDR, etc.
Helps if you supply a source.

If I'm reading this correctly this is just an all time year high. It's not higher than the total munitions expended in all of those years of Bush\Obama combined. It's not like Biden will stop the bombing in Afghanistan either, I'm concerned that he will open up another front with another country in addition to all the other military adventures that the US is already involved with.

Yeah, and it's also only a year high for Afghanistan in particular. There is no way that the Trump administration dropped more bombs globally than the Obama administration. Obama bombed the bajeezus out of Iraq, Libya, Syria and Afghanistan during his terms which must have amounted to quite a lot of hardware.
The relative peacefulness is one of the few positive things about the stable genius. His middle east politics also led to pretty good results taking the pressure off Israel by making UAE and Bahrain acknowledge the right of Israel's existence which is a rarity among Arab states.
Pretty much everything else was a catastrophe though so good riddance and hopefully Biden can serve well as an interim president while the Reps and Dems rebuild from the inside.

Trump dropped more bombs in his first term than any other president

Six months into Trump’s presidency, we now have enough data to assess his own approach. The results are clear: Judging from Trump’s embrace of the use of air power — the signature tactic of U.S. military intervention — he is the most hawkish president in modern history. Under Trump, the United States has dropped about 20,650 bombs through July 31, or 80 percent the number dropped under Obama for the entirety of 2016. At this rate, Trump will exceed Obama’s last-year total by Labor Day. In Iraq and Syria, data shows that the United States is dropping bombs at unprecedented levels. In July, the coalition to defeat the Islamic State (read: the United States) dropped 4,313 bombs, 77 percent more than it dropped last July. In June, the number was 4,848 — 1,600 more bombs than were dropped in any one month under President Barack Obama since the anti-ISIS campaign started three years ago.

In Afghanistan, the number of weapons released has also shot up since Trump took office. April saw more bombs dropped in the country since the height of Obama’s troop surge in 2012. That was also the month that the United States bombed Afghanistan’s Mamand Valley with the largest non-nuclear bomb ever dropped in combat.

Trump has also escalated U.S. military involvement in non-battlefield settings — namely Yemen, Somalia, and Pakistan. In the last 193 days of the Obama presidency, there were 21 lethal counterterrorism operations across these three countries. Trump has quintupled that number, conducting at least 92 such operations in Yemen, seven in Somalia, and four in Pakistan.

Record number of bombs dropped on Afghanistan in 2019

Bush dropped 70,000 bombs in 8 years. Obama dropped 100,000 bombs in 8 years. Trump dropped 44,000 bombs in just his first year

Trump bombed Yemen more than every other President combined

This is easily Googleable. Just because you guys haven't heard about it doesn't mean it's not real.

Thanks Beamer

Bump

Jan 7, 2021, 12:25
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2021, 12:25
Jan 7, 2021, 12:25

RogueSix wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 11:20:
VaranDragon wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 09:08:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 08:29:
Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 07:55:
* Emboldened, whipped into a ever madder frenzy, this pro-Nazi mob will escalate the violence until Oklahoma city type bombings become the norm.
* With social media platforms reinforcement and active spreading of fear, hate, and chaos, fascism will continue to rise and this land will eventually be run by a fascist dictator.

I keep hoping this will not happed, but so far, this is the direction things are going.

This will never happen because as soon as Biden takes office (or within a few months at the latest) the US will once again be at war with some third world country and the rednecks will be mollified by their hate for the foreign black\brown\yellow man. I'm not a Trump supporter, never was, but I can't shake the feeling that he lost by a margin, because he wouldn't suck up to the military industrial complex and their escapades into "enemy" territory and opted to openly demonize liberals and minorities within the US instead as his populist policy.

Of course you're wrong, but about Trump, who dropped more bombs than any other president in history.

Conservatives weirdly seem shocked by that, because they think he was peaceful. The reality is they simply haven't paid attention. The man dropped more bombs than Obama, Bush, FDR, etc.
Helps if you supply a source.

If I'm reading this correctly this is just an all time year high. It's not higher than the total munitions expended in all of those years of Bush\Obama combined. It's not like Biden will stop the bombing in Afghanistan either, I'm concerned that he will open up another front with another country in addition to all the other military adventures that the US is already involved with.

Yeah, and it's also only a year high for Afghanistan in particular. There is no way that the Trump administration dropped more bombs globally than the Obama administration. Obama bombed the bajeezus out of Iraq, Libya, Syria and Afghanistan during his terms which must have amounted to quite a lot of hardware.
The relative peacefulness is one of the few positive things about the stable genius. His middle east politics also led to pretty good results taking the pressure off Israel by making UAE and Bahrain acknowledge the right of Israel's existence which is a rarity among Arab states.
Pretty much everything else was a catastrophe though so good riddance and hopefully Biden can serve well as an interim president while the Reps and Dems rebuild from the inside.

Trump dropped more bombs in his first term than any other president

Six months into Trump’s presidency, we now have enough data to assess his own approach. The results are clear: Judging from Trump’s embrace of the use of air power — the signature tactic of U.S. military intervention — he is the most hawkish president in modern history. Under Trump, the United States has dropped about 20,650 bombs through July 31, or 80 percent the number dropped under Obama for the entirety of 2016. At this rate, Trump will exceed Obama’s last-year total by Labor Day. In Iraq and Syria, data shows that the United States is dropping bombs at unprecedented levels. In July, the coalition to defeat the Islamic State (read: the United States) dropped 4,313 bombs, 77 percent more than it dropped last July. In June, the number was 4,848 — 1,600 more bombs than were dropped in any one month under President Barack Obama since the anti-ISIS campaign started three years ago.

In Afghanistan, the number of weapons released has also shot up since Trump took office. April saw more bombs dropped in the country since the height of Obama’s troop surge in 2012. That was also the month that the United States bombed Afghanistan’s Mamand Valley with the largest non-nuclear bomb ever dropped in combat.

Trump has also escalated U.S. military involvement in non-battlefield settings — namely Yemen, Somalia, and Pakistan. In the last 193 days of the Obama presidency, there were 21 lethal counterterrorism operations across these three countries. Trump has quintupled that number, conducting at least 92 such operations in Yemen, seven in Somalia, and four in Pakistan.

Record number of bombs dropped on Afghanistan in 2019

Bush dropped 70,000 bombs in 8 years. Obama dropped 100,000 bombs in 8 years. Trump dropped 44,000 bombs in just his first year

Trump bombed Yemen more than every other President combined

This is easily Googleable. Just because you guys haven't heard about it doesn't mean it's not real.

Re: Out of the Blue
Jan 7, 2021, 12:16
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2021, 12:16
Jan 7, 2021, 12:16

Tomi "We'll Accept Defeat Quietly and Never Do What the Liberals Do" Lahren is on Fox News right now. This ought to be good. "They shouldn't have done it, but it's the Democrats fault" I expect.

Jan 7, 2021, 10:52
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2021, 10:52
Jan 7, 2021, 10:52

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 10:40:
Quboid wrote on Jan 6, 2021, 22:58:
Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2021, 22:53:
Really upset about today. Nothing to add to the discussion except Mitt Romney's excellent speech. Cruz, Hawley and their ilk should pay a heavy price for their support of this dangerous farce.

Well said, and Romney did speak well, but I think that's the wrong link.

Sorry we went to sleep and I'm terrible at navigating CNNs overly busy website. Someone else already linked it apparently. The list of Republican senators and congressman who can hold their heads high after this nonsense is depressingly short but Mitt is near the top of the list. People mocked his religion and some of his policies when he ran for president but he's obviously a man of honor and integrity.

Also reading a Times article this morning I have to agree with the description of Ted Cruz being a "serpent covered in Vaseline".

I don't know how we leave this idiot in office one more day, I hope something is done.

To their credit, Mitch did the right thing the day prior to this, and Lindsay the right thing during or after. Arguably too little, too late. Both of them made fine statements, particularly Mitch, but c'mon, where was this a month ago, or any time over the past 4 years?

Jan 7, 2021, 08:59
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2021, 08:59
Jan 7, 2021, 08:59

MrBone wrote on Jan 7, 2021, 08:38:
Anyone that doesn’t bow to our new overlord Biden needs to be imprisoned. Period.

Not that we should expect nuance from anyone that has been adamantly supporting Trump for 4 years of catastrophe and selfishness, but even they should be able to see a wide gulf between "bowing to our new overlord" and "not storming the Capitol Building."

But they won't, because seeing something like that would mean actually needing to consider the things they've been saying and supporting for 4 years of Trump, and they're terrified to do that. Easier to just keep saying ludicrous things and keep steering into the skid than acknowledge that maybe Trump was a false prophet and that they hitched their primary identity to a man that didn't care about them or their needs.

Like poor Ashli Babbitt, who spent her final months endlessly retweeting Trump's former attorney, L Lin Woods. Retweeted everything he said about how glorious, great, and infallible Trump was, and how the election was clearly stolen. Retweeted his calls to go to DC, along with Trump's calls to do the same. Retweeted Trump saying we needed to go to the Capitol. Retweeted bragging about how Trump reinstated the firing squad and how we needed to shoot people for treason. Then, after she [big surprise] was shot for treason, L Lin Wood immediately tweeted that she was antifa, not a Trump supporter. She had his back to the literal end, and then he denied that she was ever one of his followers, claiming she was the enemy. Because it's not about the truth, the country, or the people, it's about these leaders power as individuals.

Jan 7, 2021, 07:55
Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2021, 07:55
Jan 7, 2021, 07:55

Jan 6, 2021, 13:57
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2021, 13:57
Jan 6, 2021, 13:57

Re: Epic Games Becoming Mall Rats
Jan 4, 2021, 14:35
Re: Epic Games Becoming Mall Rats Jan 4, 2021, 14:35
Jan 4, 2021, 14:35

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 4, 2021, 13:15:
Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 4, 2021, 12:10:
In a time when office buildings are becoming obsolete

Company HQ's are never going to be obsolete... I doubt any (sane) corpo would do financial and management stuff over remote. (And let's not forget Engine Development). Also here Epic is just flat out being the good-guy for that local town. Since that shopping mall was clearly dead.

A lot of work can go remote just fine. I think that the past 9 months demonstrated this.
What doesn't work well is anything truly better collaborative, which is a lot of game development. Anything creative, really.

My company isn't going to mandate being back in the office until 2022, but I'd wager I'm back 2 days a week as soon as it's safe (July? September?) I doubt I'm ever in more than 3 days a week regularly, but also can't imagine less than 2.

Re: Back 4 Blood Trailer
Jan 4, 2021, 10:53
Re: Back 4 Blood Trailer Jan 4, 2021, 10:53
Jan 4, 2021, 10:53

Xero wrote on Jan 4, 2021, 10:29:
What's funny is, the idea behind Evolve was mostly a copy of "Natural Selection", a free half life mod. They literally took that idea and went ham with it but it probably was still weaker than the actual "Natural Selection" mod...

I wonder whatever happened to the guy here that used to insist that Natural Selection 2 was going to put Activision and CoD out of business.
Hopefully he didn't become a daytrader.

Jan 4, 2021, 09:27
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2021, 09:27
Jan 4, 2021, 09:27

1badmf wrote on Jan 4, 2021, 01:37:
a good qb is such a rare thing, i can't believe the WFT let cousins walk. now they're complete garbage like the rest of the nfc east. i can't even figure out where the money went that they saved on not signing cousins.

Cousins is, at best, a middle of the road QB. He's making the 7th most in the NFL.
That becomes a situation you cannot win with. He's not good enough to win games, but he sucks up too high a percentage of the salary cap to surround him with the right talent.

The WFT is in a rebuild. They have one of the best young defenses in the league, which will only get better. They have Gibson and McLaurin, also very young. Put the right QB in there and you have a scary team once these guys have some experience. But put someone like Cousins in there and you will end up unable to pay both him and them by the time they're coming up on contract extensions.

No one is winning anything with Kirk Cousins, who at the time got a top 3 QB contract. Just like no one will win anything with Jared Goff. Even the Texans are bound to struggle with Watson, given what they pay him, and he's a QB that can win you games.

Jan 2, 2021, 11:00
Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2021, 11:00
Jan 2, 2021, 11:00

Is there any better signal that someone has zero virtue than their use of the term "virtue signal?"

It's a sure sign of someone lacking in empathy and failing to comprehend that anyone can care about something other than themselves. Sociopathic, almost

Dec 30, 2020, 10:21
Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2020, 10:21
Dec 30, 2020, 10:21

It's so odd to me that the people demanding we have "freedom of speech" are the same demanding we repeal Section 230.

Section 230 gives us freedom of speech online because it makes us, and only us, responsible for our statements.

I know, the hope by repealing it major platforms will just give up on moderating us and let us say anything, because moderation will cost too much. Which is probably not how it would work. And, we already have 8chan and Parler, and neither seem like very attractive spaces to spend any second of precious time.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Dec 28, 2020, 19:16
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 28, 2020, 19:16
Dec 28, 2020, 19:16

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2020, 19:02:
I'm pretty sure that's now how defamation lawsuits work. I'm sure Josh and (former Federal prosecutor) Ken White will cover this on "All the President's Lawyers" next week.

Please update us if they do

Re: Get My Time At Portia for Free
Dec 26, 2020, 18:32
Re: Get My Time At Portia for Free Dec 26, 2020, 18:32
Dec 26, 2020, 18:32

Slashman wrote on Dec 26, 2020, 18:21:
Already had it and even if I didn't...I really don't want anything from Epic. They leave a nasty smell in the air and have been complicit in screwing over too many gamers for me to be comfortable taking things from them or even installing their launcher.

After the CP2077 debacle, what is the smell you find coming from gog?

Re: KFConsole
Dec 23, 2020, 22:14
Re: KFConsole Dec 23, 2020, 22:14
Dec 23, 2020, 22:14

Bishi wrote on Dec 23, 2020, 18:52:
Deep breaths guys, this isn't real.

Of course it's real. They may only make 3 or 10, but they'll make and sell them. As they did the cologne they made a few years back.

Why else involve CoolerMaster? You don't need them for a prototype PR stunt. You do need them to make something you sell in very limited quantities

Re: Get Metro: 2033 Redux for Free
Dec 22, 2020, 16:12
Re: Get Metro: 2033 Redux for Free Dec 22, 2020, 16:12
Dec 22, 2020, 16:12

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 22, 2020, 15:06:
theglaze wrote on Dec 22, 2020, 14:36:
6 year old FPS?

There arent many titles in the FPS genre that stand the test of time. I don't think this is one of them.

I don't know. People are still jerking each other off over Half Life 1 and 2.

Yes, that's entirely consistent with what he said

Re: Op Ed
Dec 20, 2020, 22:58
Re: Op Ed Dec 20, 2020, 22:58
Dec 20, 2020, 22:58

PropheT wrote on Dec 20, 2020, 20:10:
Beamer wrote on Dec 20, 2020, 17:28:
They released a game on consoles, charging $60, that is in an unplayable state.

How do so many of you overlook that?

Because virtually no one that posts on this site is even playing the console version? Practically everyone that ever posts here is a PC gamer. For all the bullshit in the gaming press and Reddit you'd think PC gamers don't exist, even though the majority of the copies sold for the game were for PC to begin with.

For all the bullshit surrounding it, there's 500,000+ concurrent players on Steam playing it all the time and, in my opinion at least, the game's pretty damn great. It has the occasional bug or issue that needs to be worked out, but I still haven't had any major issues after playing way, way too much of it. Yeah, it sucks for console users that they're having issues, but it shouldn't be as impossible as it is for PC gamers to even get to talk about the game without all the hand wringing and crying or just getting treated like shit like you do on Reddit if you so much as mention that you actually like the game.

Yes, and all these articles are about the console version.

If you do not have the console version, why get angry when people say they fucked up the console launch? Did PS4 players freak out at PC players when Arkham Knight got pulled?

If you're basing this on how it runs on your powerful pc, you're commenting on an entirely different product.

Read a damn article before posting. They aren't "having issues," the game does not run. If you're saying "shut up, it works great on my $1000 PC," you're basically coming across as utterly ignorant by talking about something you're not bothering to be informed about.

Re: Op Ed
Dec 20, 2020, 17:28
Re: Op Ed Dec 20, 2020, 17:28
Dec 20, 2020, 17:28

Slick wrote on Dec 20, 2020, 16:46:
It's a double-edged sword, they probably wouldn't have had the capital to make GoG a reality and do such large projekts like CP2077 without going public. I mean, who the hell knows, but there's upsides and downsides of going public. IMO it's still not worth it, it's never worth it, but whatever, not my company.

All in all though, I think that the hate train on this game is somehow going above the hate for my other fav game, SWBF2. And it's fucking strange that these 2 incredible games (Just finished CP2077 last night) have so much hate. Yes, there's low framerates and bugs, WHO THE FUCK CARES lawl. Can you imagine if Sony and MS pulled Skyrim at launch from their stores because of how buggy they were?!?! What about AC:Unity on console lol.

CAN ANYONE REMEMBER FURTHER BACK THAN 10 MINUTES IN THE PAST!? Are we at war with Eurasia or Eastasia? WHO CARES! I JUST NEED SOMETHING TO HAAAAAATE! lololol.

Seriously, relax, games ship in buggy states to make holiday windows EVERY FUCKING YEAR. This isn't new, nor is it particularly egregious. If you HAVE to play something at launch, and don't understand that games get better with age, with patches, less bugs, more features, more stable etc... then I guess congrats on being new to videogaming in 2020. Welcome to the happy place.

They released a game on consoles, charging $60, that is in an unplayable state.

How do so many of you overlook that?

Re: Cancelled DOOM 4 Footage
Dec 20, 2020, 17:19
Re: Cancelled DOOM 4 Footage Dec 20, 2020, 17:19
Dec 20, 2020, 17:19

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 20, 2020, 17:16:
Carjack is guilty of destroying ID. Romero was right!!! Now Carjack destroyed Oculus as well. Disgusting!!! Long live EA games!

Poe's Law?

Re: Get Defense Grid: The Awakening for Free
Dec 20, 2020, 15:57
Re: Get Defense Grid: The Awakening for Free Dec 20, 2020, 15:57
Dec 20, 2020, 15:57

An uninspiring list, but hey, free.

Also, I love tower defense games. Been playing a lot of Bloons TD6 on mobile the past few days. Hadn't played in about a year, and they'd made a lot of changes.

Dumb theme, but for me, the best of the tower defense games.
20972 Comments. 1049 pages. Viewing page 7.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17    1049  ] Older