Total Posts
21149 (Jedi)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

21149 Comments. 1058 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    1058  ] Older

Re: Morning Safety Dance
Jun 18, 2021, 13:57
Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 18, 2021, 13:57
Jun 18, 2021, 13:57

Jivaro wrote on Jun 18, 2021, 13:25:
To be fair Julian, that article on CNN shows more about how CNN is just not a very good news agency. Those numbers take a short period of time and assume the whole year will be like that....when that has literally never happened.

Your point about right/left wing media...I get. I could do with less interpretation and more facts/data. News is spoonfed to us with an opinion on it and all and people stop critically thinking. All of the mainstream news agencies do it. More news anchors, much less talking heads spinning everything would be my dream. I may agree with Rachel Maddow's politics, but I find her as useful as Tucker Carlson because she will absolutely jump into assumption land and deliver it as fact to her viewers. That's the sin to me..for both of those two.

Living here in California and for a time in Arizona, I can tell you that we often hear all the scary numbers and they never end up being that bad. The border is a fuck up on a national scale over multiple presidents and both political parties. If they had an adequate system and staff in place rather than treating it like a political hot potato this would have been solved decades ago. Might help if we stopped fucking around with central and south american politics, but that is wishful thinking I guess. I have seen Republicans campaign to protect the immigrants, in south central california, while their compadres in northern california were campaigning against it. All politics are local I guess.

Cable News, or really soundbite news (whether video, Twitter, whatever), is garbage. Text news, long-form, is generally fine. But Twitter and Cable News is just morons spewing moronic opinions, which is why it's so amazing to me when people whine about CNN but get their news from fringe Twitter or YouTube personalities. It's the same thing, only with less accountability.

That said, this is CNN text, which is generally fine. Same with Foxnews.com, for that matter. Both will have spins, but far less so than their cable reporting, and coverage is infinitely more broad.

That said, the number is counting how many people get stopped at the border. I don't really get what the President can do about how many we're stopping. In fact, it almost gets to a Trump-esque notion that if we think stopping them is bad, then let's just not stop them, like how he thought we wouldn't have a COVID issue if we just didn't test it. If 2 million came in 2006 but 50% got through, and 2 million come this year and 0% get through, it looks like this year was twice as bad but it was actually much better. These numbers are rounded to extremes for illustrative purposes, and I have no reason to doubt this year is particularly bad, but I just don't see how numbers stopped is particularly relevant, nor do I really understand what the President is supposed to do about people coming up from other countries. All we can control is how many we catch at the borders and what we do with them.

Re: Police Simulator: Patrol Officers Early Access
Jun 18, 2021, 09:43
Re: Police Simulator: Patrol Officers Early Access Jun 18, 2021, 09:43
Jun 18, 2021, 09:43

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 18, 2021, 07:52:
Quinn wrote on Jun 18, 2021, 03:59:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 18, 2021, 01:42:
Yeesh! Talk about bad timing and tone-deaf.

It's ok. The majority of gamers really don't give a shit about what mainstream media tries to make us believe.

Came into this thread to check how much the anti-cop narrative has festered in Blue's community. Suspicions confirmed once again. So much emotion. So little reason.

Well to be fair all of the comments up until your own were "tongue-in-cheek" at least that's how I understood them to be. So yeah, I know that's sometimes a little hard to comprehend, but I think you're overreacting just a little bit.

So the guy calling others emotional is the one actually offended over jokes?

Must be unseasonable weather in Europe, because only a blizzard brings out that large a snowflake.

Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Creator Retiring
Jun 17, 2021, 16:44
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Creator Retiring Jun 17, 2021, 16:44
Jun 17, 2021, 16:44

Argonius the 3rd wrote on Jun 17, 2021, 16:38:
People can donate their money to whatever US political party they want, it's their freaking money !

Obviously. People are just using their freedom of speech to let him know what they think of him donating money to politicians that want to remove their rights.

No one is asking to put him in jail for making the donation, they were just saying they would not buy future products from him due to it.

It's the perfect intersection of freedom of speech and the free market!

Jun 17, 2021, 16:06
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Creator Retiring Jun 17, 2021, 16:06
Jun 17, 2021, 16:06

jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2021, 15:53:
Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2021, 15:18:
So he donates to the GOP, so what? It doesn't mean he's pro-conservative, just anti-liberal. And there's still plenty of good reasons for that these days. I'm guessing, however, that 'thank you' to the gay community is completely tongue and cheek.

I don't think anyone would have noticed or cared if he donated to his Senator, John Cornyn and the national committees or even Trump. But he chose to donate not only to Trump, but also the worst election-denying Trump enablers: Nunes, Stefanik, McConnell, Carson, Tuberville, McCarthy, etc. Guys like Carson, Nunes, and Tuberville are under various ethics and criminal investigations. It's a pretty damning bunch he chose.

From what I gather, a large part is also that FNAF has a very heavy queer fanbase (which, given the character design, feels right), and while the developer spoke about supporting lqbtq+, he donated money to several politicians interested in taking rights away from them, which also meant that, for every dollar a consumer put into FNAF, a certain amount went to removing lgbtq+ rights.

Which, frankly, is generally true with every dollar you spend, no matter how bright their rainbow logo is on Twitter.

Jun 17, 2021, 15:42
Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 17, 2021, 15:42
Jun 17, 2021, 15:42

Cutter wrote on Jun 17, 2021, 15:35:
Or what Joe? You'll give him a stern talking to? Why don't you do something about the millions of illegals crossing your southern border daily?

Those are different issues. He couldn't really solve one while talking to Putin, and he couldn't really ignore the G7 conference, so your complaint is odd.
Not to mention, millions are not crossing the border lately.

As for what Biden will do, he's getting a lot of flak for calling out 16 critical parts of infrastructure, but what he's doing is drawing a line in the sand. We can't get into a war with Russia for all of this, especially since there's no smoking gun. But if something happens to these 16...

Jun 17, 2021, 15:11
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Creator Retiring Jun 17, 2021, 15:11
Jun 17, 2021, 15:11

Kxmode wrote on Jun 17, 2021, 14:46:
And you guys complain about me posting off-topic posts in Out-of-the-Blue. This is not off-topic, this is a bus breaking through the guard rail and down a 300 foot cliff into a body of water with sharks.

Article: Game Dev retires after being attacked for political contributions
Comments: Discuss political contributions
KXMODE: HOW DARE YOU GUYS DISCUSS POLITICS? I DO NOT CARE ABOUT POLITICS! GOD LAUGHS AT EARTHLING POLITICS! THE ONLY LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION IS EPIC GAMES EXCLUSIVES!

Jun 17, 2021, 12:43
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Creator Retiring Jun 17, 2021, 12:43
Jun 17, 2021, 12:43

Also, it's always fun to see how much conservatives adore Tulsi Gabbard.

Re: Get Tell Me Why for Free
Jun 17, 2021, 10:36
Re: Get Tell Me Why for Free Jun 17, 2021, 10:36
Jun 17, 2021, 10:36

Quinn wrote on Jun 17, 2021, 09:47:
Annnnnd we're off fighting grandma's and ghosts again. You guys still not done convincing yourself how uniquely virtuous you are? If not, then keep up the fight fist raised high. Just let the rest of us degenerates live our lives peacefully.

Not a single person asked you to download this game, play this game, or comment here.
You chose to come into here, chose to read the comments, chose to get involved.

I'm sorry you're so offended.

Re: Steam Next Fest, Part 0
Jun 17, 2021, 08:18
Re: Steam Next Fest, Part 0 Jun 17, 2021, 08:18
Jun 17, 2021, 08:18

At some point, the solution to a broken record is to ignore it.

Re: Get Tell Me Why for Free
Jun 17, 2021, 08:17
Re: Get Tell Me Why for Free Jun 17, 2021, 08:17
Jun 17, 2021, 08:17

Armengar wrote on Jun 17, 2021, 06:24:
Its hard enough to talk to my 92 year old Grandma about left wing politics. The fact that men can kiss other men is about the limit of her tolerance. She is from a totally different era and simply will not get transgender, non binary, gender fluid etc.

Incidentally, she can be pretty caustic and im sure she is simply held together with dark side energy. She is still able to get to the local shop (shuffling with her walking frame) for her cigarettes - we refuse to buy them for her, "if you want to smoke, then go get them yourself". Ironically, smoking is keeping her going.

Ask your grandma why she changed her name from WaltC to WaltSee.

Re: Evening Tech Bits
Jun 16, 2021, 18:48
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 16, 2021, 18:48
Jun 16, 2021, 18:48

Jivaro wrote on Jun 16, 2021, 18:25:
I think Simon means you can't possibly do anything that "earns" you billions. You may get billions, the world may have a system in place that gives you that billions....but "earn" it? That can be heavily debated. I don't think anybody in the history of the world has ever done anything to earn them that. I admit it is a debatable concept though.

What he means is that you earn it on the back of workers, community, and society. I agree with him.
But that's an entirely separate point from the whine WaltSee was whining about. He legitimately thinks Bezos did it alone, and that his wife stole half his wealth. That's a much more special view.

Re: Out of the Blue
Jun 16, 2021, 17:51
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2021, 17:51
Jun 16, 2021, 17:51

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2021, 17:45:
Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2021, 20:00:
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, but this is awesome
That was a cool read.

I think it's the gaming article to make me smile most in years, even if it's only like 250 wors.

Jun 16, 2021, 17:35
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 16, 2021, 17:35
Jun 16, 2021, 17:35

Simon Says wrote on Jun 16, 2021, 15:09:
Beamer wrote on Jun 16, 2021, 09:30:
She earned literally all of it.

No one "earns" billions, NO ONE.

I mean as a percent of his wealth, not as an absolute figure.
WaltSee would have no issue with Jeff Bezos owning 99.9% of all money on the planet, but he's angry at his partner also getting paid.

Jun 16, 2021, 10:55
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2021, 10:55
Jun 16, 2021, 10:55

Ecstatic you're ok, Blue.

As we're about to move to the 'burbs, and need to buy a car (we picked the worst possible time to buy a house and a car), we've done a lot of research into dashcams. Maybe it's just due to YouTube watching, but I feel like those are a necessity for me. Even if it's less because I think I'll be in an accident (does anyone expect this), and more just because I expect it to be useful at some point.

Happy you had so many reliable witnesses. What could have been frustrating sounds like it won't be significantly. Painful, but even then, so happy it's aches and pains and not much worse. Scary incident.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Jun 16, 2021, 09:53
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 16, 2021, 09:53
Jun 16, 2021, 09:53

WaltSee wrote on Jun 16, 2021, 09:41:
We've known for years that the DoJ of a very corrupt president was spying on Americans running for office--spying on 45, for instance, which was and is completely illegal--and so if anyone cares to think there's "good government" and then there's "bad government"--linked to various political candidates of the two main parties--then maybe you should think again. In Washington, corruption is rife and a way of life and it doesn't matter which party you talk about. There is plenty of corruption to go around. That's the problem the country has--blaming it on this or that political personality is just another way of trying to keep Americans at each other's throats so that Washington can continue to rob the country blind--blaming people, smearing people with 100% fabrications--it's all part of the show. The corruption (99% of it is over money) has great tentacles leading right down into our national broadcast press--and what a bad joke on all of us much of the press has become. It really is a very, very bad situation, I'm afraid. America has become a country by the government, for the government, and of the government, and as long as they can keep us at each other's throats nothing will be done about it. The crooks will prosper and we will suffer in various ways. Seems to be business as usual in Washington DC.

This is the closest you'll see Walt come to condeming conservatives. "Well, the other guy did it [not really], so everyone does it, so no big deal."

Re: Valve Appeals Geo-Blocking Fine
Jun 16, 2021, 09:48
Re: Valve Appeals Geo-Blocking Fine Jun 16, 2021, 09:48
Jun 16, 2021, 09:48

The biggest solve here for Valve would likely be shutting down keys reselling.

Part of why this happens is a difference in regional entities. Most publishers have regional offices that have full control of that region, along with an individual P&L. The Germany office cannot sell in Italy because the Italy office owns that region.
In some cases, products have different publishers, though I doubt that's really ever true within EMEA, it's more between larger regions, such as NA, EMEA, APAC.

Telling publishers they need to solve this problem internally won't work well. When a key is sold in Latvia but redeemed in the UK, who gets that revenue? Is it lost revenue for the UK? These things weren't much issues with physical copies, because, well, logistics were difficult. With virtual? Non-existent.

My guess is Valve would end up shutting down keys, or give publishers the ability to do so, which they'd take advantage of.

Jun 16, 2021, 09:30
Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 16, 2021, 09:30
Jun 16, 2021, 09:30

WaltSee wrote on Jun 16, 2021, 09:20:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 15, 2021, 20:25:
It's going to take her a couple decades to give away all that money.
As it stands she's already given away 10 times more than 45 ever had.

Very odd remark. She didn't earn any of it--well, at least in the traditional sense of having to work for it (not withstanding what being married to Bezos-I-want-to-be-an-astronaut-when-I-grow-up had to have been like.) Very much unlike 45. I don't see where "45" fits here, actually...;) But I see that TDS is still very much alive these days, apparently. Well, at least we can all take comfort from the fact that 46 will never be returning his paychecks to the government, oh gosh no, perish the thought. What a truly criminal thing for 45 to have done!

She earned literally all of it.
In case you forget, she had a very lucrative salary. When Bezos quit his job to start Amazon in a garage, who do you think quit with him? Who do you think put up half the money? Who do you think was paying rent on that garage?

When Bezos went for financing, who do you think wrote the business plan?

When Bezos actually founded the company, who do you think was employee #2, the head of finance, and owned 50% of the company?

You're blind, as always.

Jun 15, 2021, 20:00
Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2021, 20:00
Jun 15, 2021, 20:00

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, but this is awesome

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Jun 15, 2021, 07:05
Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 15, 2021, 07:05
Jun 15, 2021, 07:05

Jonjonz wrote on Jun 15, 2021, 06:29:
Don't hold your breath, after all it was a Democrat President who installed Ajit Pai.

Enjoy your daily slice of Citizen's United pie.

It was a republican party position he filled, at McConnell's request. One without much power. It was a Democratic president actually being bipartisan.

The other moron gave him power.

Jun 14, 2021, 17:57
Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 14, 2021, 17:57
Jun 14, 2021, 17:57

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jun 14, 2021, 17:31:
Funny hearing from Putin (who oddly, seems to be more credible than the muttering racist pedo idiot wandering the WH these days) stating that the US is projecting our problems outward.. even worse, I agree with him.

No, you forget, we voted Trump out.
21149 Comments. 1058 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    1058  ] Older