Total Posts
20451 (Jedi)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

20451 Comments. 1023 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    1023  ] Older

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward
Jul 12, 2020, 14:34
Beamer

Re: Get Watch Dogs 2 Free for Watching Ubisoft Forward Jul 12, 2020, 14:34
Jul 12, 2020, 14:34
 Beamer

I'm logged into the app, but not the site, and the app just directs you to the site. Logins are down, so I can't get credit for watching anything, so free games seem a bit impossible.

Re: More on Ubisoft's Culture
Jul 11, 2020, 16:58
Beamer

Re: More on Ubisoft's Culture Jul 11, 2020, 16:58
Jul 11, 2020, 16:58
 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 16:05:
Lol, let the liberal meltdown and explosion worldwide begin!

There's one person consistently melting down in these threads, Cutter.

You. It's always you outraged.

Re: etc., etc.
Jul 11, 2020, 14:03
Beamer

Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 14:03
Jul 11, 2020, 14:03
 Beamer

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 13:40:
Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 12:47:
Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 12:12:
Beamer said something that got removed? I'm not sure if I ever saw that before.

I made a reference to a certain Bluesnews poster that's made all the same comments this guy did, haha.

Oh. That's removable now? I guess I missed some things.

It was poking the bear and not going to lead to productive conversation, so it was likely a judgment call rather than a flat out rule break, but a reasonable judgment call.

Re: etc., etc.
Jul 11, 2020, 12:47
Beamer

Re: etc., etc. Jul 11, 2020, 12:47
Jul 11, 2020, 12:47
 Beamer

Prez wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 12:12:
Beamer said something that got removed? I'm not sure if I ever saw that before.

I made a reference to a certain Bluesnews poster that's made all the same comments this guy did, haha.

removed
Jul 11, 2020, 10:13
Beamer

removed Jul 11, 2020, 10:13
Jul 11, 2020, 10:13
 Beamer

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 11, 2020, 11:00.

Re: Far Cry 6 Details Leak
Jul 10, 2020, 15:51
Beamer

Re: Far Cry 6 Details Leak Jul 10, 2020, 15:51
Jul 10, 2020, 15:51
 Beamer

SlimRam wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 14:35:
aka_STEVE wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 13:11:
Would it be too much to ask for some kind of innovative gameplay changes this time around ???
I thought that it was kinda cool with FC 5 that you could use unique characters with different traits to play with you. The lady with the helicopter was actually really useful. Plus, I think it was the first FC that you could play all the way through co-op... but I might be wrong about that. Agree that the game play loop could use some changes too. Looking forward to a new one!

It was kind of cool, but so exploitable. Find a fortress, call in helicopter lady, let he clear the place, and get the massive stealth bonus.

Re: Far Cry 6 Details Leak
Jul 10, 2020, 12:30
Beamer

Re: Far Cry 6 Details Leak Jul 10, 2020, 12:30
Jul 10, 2020, 12:30
 Beamer

Makeshift weapons makes me hope there's actual weapon differentiation, unlike last time.

Re: Morning Patches
Jul 10, 2020, 10:08
Beamer

Re: Morning Patches Jul 10, 2020, 10:08
Jul 10, 2020, 10:08
 Beamer

Spektr wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 13:40:
Is there a mod to remove assassination quest lines so survivors of assassination attempts can enjoy the game?

No one will stop you from making one, or criticize you from doing so.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Jul 10, 2020, 09:14
Beamer

Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 10, 2020, 09:14
Jul 10, 2020, 09:14
 Beamer

It's very difficult for foreign nationals to come here for education or H1Bs.

So most of them have to work hard to prove themselves. They then get the same opportunities (and pay) as an American. They come here, they build a career, they build a life, and they build companies.

We're literally taking the best and brightest from other countries. These are their most valuable resources, and we have the means to attract them, bring them here, and make them Americans.

If we're truly America First, we should want to do this more, rather than let the smartest world citizens stay in their home countries and start competitors to our companies.

Re: Sony Buys Epic Stake
Jul 9, 2020, 22:37
Beamer

Re: Sony Buys Epic Stake Jul 9, 2020, 22:37
Jul 9, 2020, 22:37
 Beamer

One of the VCs overseeing this actually reached out to me a month ago asking me if I wanted to buy in.

It was odd. I've never had anyone do that before. Part of me was thinking of course. Another part of me was thinking I don't have that kind of cash (he didn't mention the minimum, but I'd guess high), and 17B seems like Epic towards a peak

Re: On Sale
Jul 9, 2020, 10:48
Beamer

Re: On Sale Jul 9, 2020, 10:48
Jul 9, 2020, 10:48
 Beamer

GinRummy wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 10:24:
Featuring an ebook titled: "Pounded In The Butt By My Reluctance To Buy A Humble Bundle Featuring Stories With Gay Characters As Though That Has Some Kind Of Bearing On My Own Sexuality Or The Quality Of The Product Then Eventually Realizing It's Pretty Good And I'm Fine." Really.

It's Chuck Tingle. That's actually a pretty tame title for him.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jul 9, 2020, 10:46
Beamer

Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 9, 2020, 10:46
Jul 9, 2020, 10:46
 Beamer

Sluggabed wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 10:44:
If the name is culturally inappropriate, then went has Amazon still got their name. They're not the Amazon, or in the region. This current mindset of thinking is beyond toxic, illogical and just plain dumb.

You're comparing naming oneself after a river to naming oneself after a slur for specific people?
That sounds like a valid comparison to you?

Re: Out of the Blue
Jul 9, 2020, 10:43
Beamer

Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2020, 10:43
Jul 9, 2020, 10:43
 Beamer

It's actually weird seeing Full Metal Jacket now and thinking "Man, Private Pyle isn't really that large."

Jul 9, 2020, 10:01
Beamer

Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 9, 2020, 10:01
Jul 9, 2020, 10:01
 Beamer

Julian Delphiki wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 09:52:
Beamer wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 09:37:
"Conservative" really is the right term. It's amazing how against change they are. They think the way things have always been done is fine and good, and there's no reason to ever improve.

Or, perhaps, they believe that the way things are currently done hides their mediocrity, and are afraid that changing to a more level playing field will reveal how mediocre they are.

In any case, whenever there's discussion of change, they hate it. Everything is best the way they know it to be, and updating anything based upon improved understanding is wrong and immoral. I just imagine them in office jobs, constantly getting passed up for promotion, wondering why, but any time someone wants to improve something they chirp up with "but that's not how we do it!"

That's a very blatant mis-generalization and points out your hypocrisy when it comes to supporting diverse and differing opinions. There are many conservatives who are very successful in nearly every business environment. Being conservative doesn't mean you're never open to any change and that you don't listen to feedback from the team members you're leading. You are using a straw man argument to pin a label of shame on a group of people you don't happen to agree with on a few particular issues. I'd suggest you unplug for a bit and talk to real people who are outside your general circle of friends. You're being radicalized by the echo chambers you're communicating in and it's closing your mind off to the possibility that different opinions are not wrong, they are different.

"You're being radicalized" is hysterical.

Listen, we're talking about the Redskins in this thread. Is there a single reason why anyone would want the name to remain what is objectively a slur other than "that's the way it's always been done?"
And can you find many non-conservatives that don't think the name should be changed?

What if we extend this out to taking down statues of Confederate leaders? What if we go back far enough to wanting to allow interracial marriage?

I can take it back to "socially conservative," which is what I meant, and is generally what "conservative" means in this country, as you don't find too many political platforms aimed around fiscal conservatism, nor do you find anyone frequently discussing it. And you don't find too many leaders of large organizations that are socially conservative.

Jul 9, 2020, 09:37
Beamer

Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 9, 2020, 09:37
Jul 9, 2020, 09:37
 Beamer

"Conservative" really is the right term. It's amazing how against change they are. They think the way things have always been done is fine and good, and there's no reason to ever improve.

Or, perhaps, they believe that the way things are currently done hides their mediocrity, and are afraid that changing to a more level playing field will reveal how mediocre they are.

In any case, whenever there's discussion of change, they hate it. Everything is best the way they know it to be, and updating anything based upon improved understanding is wrong and immoral. I just imagine them in office jobs, constantly getting passed up for promotion, wondering why, but any time someone wants to improve something they chirp up with "but that's not how we do it!"

Re: Wreckfest Launches New Season and New Car Pack
Jul 8, 2020, 17:07
Beamer

Re: Wreckfest Launches New Season and New Car Pack Jul 8, 2020, 17:07
Jul 8, 2020, 17:07
 Beamer

My girlfriend hated me playing this game, as it's a lot less fun for her to sit next to me on the couch than Hollow Knight or Maneater. However, I had a lot of fun with it. It's a good racing game. It has some flaws, and frustrations. I don't think there was much reason to be a completionist, particularly around car collecting. Some tracks aren't very fun. And nothing is worse than having a flawless race then hitting something on the last turn and finding yourself needing to restart an entire series.

But at its high points, the game is super high. Doing races where 70% of the competitors don't make it past one major turn. The aforementioned bus track. Or setting up your own races designed to allow maybe 1 car to finish.

Re: etc.
Jul 7, 2020, 11:43
Beamer

Re: etc. Jul 7, 2020, 11:43
Jul 7, 2020, 11:43
 Beamer

Having played the game, and knowing that the show almost definitely cannot top the game, I don't want to see what I've already seen, I want to see new adventures.

However, the bath scene was an absolute necessity.

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn Regional Price Spikes
Jul 7, 2020, 08:45
Beamer

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn Regional Price Spikes Jul 7, 2020, 08:45
Jul 7, 2020, 08:45
 Beamer

PHJF wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 07:56:
NKD wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 22:27:
Regional prices are designed to make games affordable for poorer economies where a full price game would not see many sales, and where they have to compete with bootleg copies being sold openly. People in wealthy countries using a VPN to get a cheaper price from poor countries is just another way for wealthy people to ruin a good thing for poor people to benefit themselves. If you're okay with that, fine, but at least recognize it.

Piracy is arguably the lesser of two evils. Sure, it's one less full price domestic sale either way, but at least you're not shitting on some other gamer on the other side of the world just to save a buck.

... or regional pricing is designed to maximize the amount of money a company can wring out of each individual market. Do you live under a rock? Do you honestly think this is generosity on the part of publishers?

Can't it be both?

We know the cost of developing a video game. Hundreds of millions of dollars. We see the thousands of names in the credits these days.
And that's one game. Most of these developers, and absolutely publishers, have multiple games being developed at the same time. Some flop. Flop hard. They may be beloved here, but they flop. In order for that developer to stick around, the games that don't flop need to cover the ones that do.

So there's really a set amount of money they have to earn, and they have to make it from their primary regions.
In other regions, people cannot afford those prices. The average monthly income in the Ukraine is under $400. That's less than 10% of the same in the US.
In order to price the game in a way that they actually make money to keep selling games, studios need to make a certain amount of money in wealthy countries (incidentally, this is also where most of their employees are, and therefore the wages they're paying.) But places like the Ukraine can't afford that. This brings a conundrum with 3 solutions:

1) Sell the game at the western price point. This tack will bring the studio the most revenue. But in countries with more poverty, few people will be able to afford the game, despite demand not falling for the game, so more people will pirate. This will normalize piracy in that region, even as it develops, and it will increase piracy across the globe because the game is more widely available through piracy channels

2) Sell the game at the other price point. This will drastically reduce revenue. Now, people in the Ukraine that want the game can afford it, but the game is so cheap in Western countries that the studio and publisher can't recoup the costs

3) Have a pricing scale based upon what the region can afford. This is the best of all worlds. Prices are adjusted to cost of living, and therefore the western markets are still helping the product be profitable, but the poorer nations can still legally acquire the game

Everything generally adjusts in this way, particularly when the per-unit cost is low. But even things such as cereal, gallons of milk, and loaves of bread are 33%-75% cheaper in Kiev than in Cincinnati.

Re: Steam Top 10
Jul 6, 2020, 13:33
Beamer

Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2020, 13:33
Jul 6, 2020, 13:33
 Beamer

chickenboo wrote on Jul 6, 2020, 12:19:
I'm much less enamored with Doom Eternal than Doom 2016. The latter I have played through three times, while with DE my campaign save is on the final level/mission and I'm tempted to uninstall it now. It's a good game, but I guess I find the enemy/weapon tactics mildly irritating.
I was watching the trailer for H:ZD and it looks like a reskinned AC Odyssey to me. I'm gonna skip that one, the gameplay looks so similar to AC, Z:BOTW, RDR2 and TW3 that I feel like I've already played it.

I was skeptical of DE for a while. In the long run, I loved it. The platforming controls felt great during combat, and you never had to platform during combat, so I didn't mind it at all. The weapons all felt great. The Marauder, which everyone hated, added some super fun intensity for me. In the end, I could do pretty much any battle without dying on the second hardest difficulty. The bosses were the only real issue, and I just farmed 1ups for the one I struggled with. But the actual battles just felt fluid and fun to me.

I mean, it still had flaws, the plot being the biggest. But it was great, regardless, to me.

Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft
Jul 6, 2020, 10:49
Beamer

Re: Maxime Béland Leaves Ubisoft Jul 6, 2020, 10:49
Jul 6, 2020, 10:49
 Beamer

This reddit post felt somewhat fitting. A male is complaining that women don't act the way he demands they do, and none have any interest in him and find him creepy and off-putting. Virtually every response tells him that he, and his attitude, are the problem. His views are outdated, his demands extreme, and he doesn't offer anything in return near reaching those demands.

He packages it up into Christianity, saying the Bible tells him to expect this, but he lashes out at everyone telling him he's outdated as "liberals," so the religion is just a cover for the political views. Pretty much all the responses come from Christians, so the religion isn't the problem.

It just felt relevant here. A man, making extreme demands of a female, confused and angry at why people find him offputting, and incapable of understanding that he needs to change his attitude and his actions.
20451 Comments. 1023 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    1023  ] Older