Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Jonathan Wells

Real Name Jonathan Wells   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tulwinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 6, 2003, 17:46
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 15718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released

24. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 11:51 Tulwinn

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 10:56:
I thought George said that the original prints were destroyed, and that was impossible? You mean he lied???

Creston
What he said was true, from a certain point of view

"The original negative is conformed to the 1997 Special Edition, meaning the physical copy has been cut and edited with CGI "improvements." With sections of the film being too damaged to work with, parts of that print were taken from other sources. "You never throw away your original negative, so I must assume that any pieces or shots that were removed are in storage somewhere at Lucasfilm or Fox," he explained."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GameSpy Open Announced

14. Re: GameSpy Open Announced Mar 12, 2010, 02:21 Tulwinn

young Whippersnappers! I remember when it was Quakespy and they revolutionised online matchmaking. Have some respect for your elders, even if they do go senile!  

News Comments > BioShock Activations Upped, Widescreen Patch Planned

88. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2007, 07:30 Tulwinn

Here's a link to a magazine reviewer who "noticed" that your so-called unnoticeable DRM prevented him from reviewing the game.

A magazine reviewer is not your average customer and to quote him

"To be fair, of course, in the real world I wouldn't have installed the game on three systems already, but still."

I assume since they upped the limit to 5 even he will be able to use it again.

News Comments > The Mod Squads

6. Re: Hrm Jul 3, 2003, 16:49 Tulwinn

that was Wired Lamp Studios

News Comments > The Great Escape Demo

3. Re: Hrm Jul 1, 2003, 15:39 Tulwinn

Pity, Ive been waiting a long time for someone to make a game to rival the old Spectrum game

News Comments > Second BF1942 Add-on?

55. Re: Wanting cash = evil? Mar 25, 2003, 14:11 Tulwinn

Id just like to point out that RTR was a lot more than just 6 maps (very good maps btw), it included 4(?) new tanks, AT guns, two new planes, 2 new armies which means news skins, weapon models and new voice commands etc for both sides. I dont see a fan effort being able to do this so fast and you dont have to buy it.

The map editor will be out Im sure, level editors have been available for most games for a long time and havent hurt their expansion pack sales.

Finally I respect Digital Extremes although I though UTII and UII were poor, but they are not the rule, they are more of an exception, not the rule.

News Comments > Derek Smart Q&A

31. Re: No subject Jan 6, 2003, 12:52 Tulwinn

It came from the first release fiasco and when Derek was defending himself on Newgroups. That's where it all started. People couldn't fathom that a developer won't take the stupid shit that the gaming community dishes out on a continuous basis.

No, he seems to like taking that shit on a continuous basis. Most sensible developers are above getting into that kind of slanging match, which is pretty much the only reason he is so well known online and offline noone knows who the hell he is.

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >