Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Jonathan Wells

Real Name Jonathan Wells   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Tulwinn
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 6, 2003, 17:46
Total Comments 47 (Suspect)
User ID 15718

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

1. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Aug 22, 2016, 08:22 Tulwinn

Good grief, maybe Im getting old but they all look hideous. whatever happened to simple is best?

On that basis Id go for the protocol one though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SCUM Announced

3. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Aug 18, 2016, 09:31 Tulwinn

Grumpy Sod wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 06:24:
Is SCUM still a trademark of anyone regarding the old point and click engine? It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the article.
me too but that was SCUMM

News Comments > Out of the Blue

17. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 29, 2016, 19:40 Tulwinn

asdf wrote on Jul 29, 2016, 10:29:
You will likely be sad after watching: [url=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5KlNEh2Yo4[/url]
Dammit, no, theres just something my eyes

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale

9. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jun 9, 2016, 04:39 Tulwinn

Lord Tea wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 03:17:
Yes, and since sales seem to be generally 10-20 percent more expensive on GOG than on Steam AND game support is waaaaaaay worse on GOG I've been ignoring GOG sales for quite some time. Examples:

Rebel Galaxy is now $11.39 on GOG, it was $9.99 on Steam a couple of days ago.

Certain games don't get updated on GOG. I've been waiting for the latest patch for Starpoint Gemini 2 on GOG and I still am. Even the developers say Steam is the "first priority platform"...
Its a little more complicated that that IME. Unless its changed, some games have been updated for gog that have never been updated on Steam. A lot of the Lucasarts games for one, you also dont need to be online to play most games. You can download a offline install for anything off gog which is someting that steam just doesnt offer. handy for installing to another machine without redownloading.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2016, 04:45.

News Comments > New John Romero PC Shooter Teased

31. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Apr 16, 2016, 14:40 Tulwinn

Despite all the stuff that he is poked fun of he was still an important part of some of my favourite games when I was growing up. I think if you removed him from history those games would not have been as good as they were (and I wasted a lot of time in them!) He went off the rails but Id still be happy to see him come back and do good.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Apr 11, 2016, 13:55 Tulwinn

Beamer wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 12:53:
That he put "gamers" in quotation marks means he's discussing a certain subset of gamers, and one anyone that's been in nearly any multiplayer game with voice capabilities knows.
Exactly, I didnt get the impression he was referring to all gamers. The quote marks make a difference. I "really" like going to work every day.

20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jan 14, 2016, 14:05 Tulwinn

NKD wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 11:04:
NegaDeath wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 10:21:

Shit I forgot he was in that. That's going to hurt the chances of the oft-rumored sequel coming to fruition. Damn.

That's literally the last movie I saw him in, oddly enough. Talented actor but he seemed to mostly end up in films I had no interest in.
Thats almost the exacvt opposite to me, he ended up in movies I liked. You always knew you would get a good performance from him. RIP

Oh, and call off christmas!

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt

49. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Dec 26, 2015, 07:21 Tulwinn

harlock wrote on Dec 26, 2015, 07:16:
id be willing to bet an immense amount of the entertainment value in this movie has to do with the millions of dollars in VFX work, and the spectacular artistry involved with that

as opposed to say, the actual storyline itself... which id probly say is quite a bit less interesting or well crafted than some current excellent TV series
I dont find that unusual given that tv series have a lot longer to develop the plot and delve into characters stories more.

News Comments > Force Awakens DLC for Battlefront in Doubt

47. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Dec 26, 2015, 07:05 Tulwinn

Well personally I realy liked it, my enjoyment isnt dependent on it being original or the next citizen kane. I liked the characters, it left me to ponder backstories and where it will go next and it was good fun, so it delivered for me.  

10. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Oct 20, 2015, 11:47 Tulwinn

BobBob wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 11:28:
I thought all of the stormtroopers were clones of Jango Fett. Did the genome recipe change? Am I way off on the storyline?

P.S. Star Trek > Star Wars
They eventually ditched the clones in favour of recruits, probably cheaper, also explains why they are such poor shots by the time of A New Hope.

P.S. Star Trek and Star Wars are both great

3. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Oct 20, 2015, 10:11 Tulwinn

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 10:06:
The new star wars trailer: (i don't care about starwars so this is my guess)

-Luke is the new darth vader (since his dad died he went CRAZY. Like his dad)
-Leia and han solo had a daughter, she's the one in the wreckage and saying she's no one. She's with the rebels.
-Black storm trooper goes "I don't want to do what I was told to do my whole life" and joins the rebels to do what he was trained to do and becomes the new Luke Skywalker.
-Han solo shows up to guide his daughter and black jedi (lol he's good) to victory.

Diganosis: The force awakens repeats itself.

- luke wont go crazy
- She is Leias daughter..but there is another
- My money is on the new bad guy being leia's son, "I will finish what you started.....Grandad"

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist

97. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Oct 7, 2015, 05:05 Tulwinn

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 15:04:
NasWulf wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 12:06:

been coming to blues since '96 , just don't post. Reading all this drama, I just couldn't resist, because most of you can google lawyer purtty good, while other can't.

I'll just leave this little nin remark right here.
lol, Im probably the poster boy for lurker and have been here around that long but even I found something to post about in that time.

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit

52. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Oct 5, 2015, 11:52 Tulwinn

This saga just keeps on giving.

I just clicked that page and and saw the 'chairmans response', holy wall of text batman.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend

36. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Sep 13, 2015, 15:21 Tulwinn

Yifes wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 01:43:
Tulwinn wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 15:25:
Thanks guys I appreciate the info, I will go for the Complete Pack. I would have tried it this weeked but have vistors so no play time for me

Keep in mind the new XCOM is quite different from UFO:EU, and some aspect of it may be frustrating. The strategic layer for example, is no longer a strategic simulation, and more like an artificial board game where you try desperately to manage countries' panic until you get your satellite coverage up. Satellite determines income and help manage panic, and are now the most important aspect of the geoscape.

The tactical game has also significantly changed, but despite removing some staples of UFO like time units and inventory management, I think Firaxis made a damn good game and a worthy sequel. Once you beaten Enemy Within on Classic, I highly recommend you check out The Long War mod, which makes significant changes and improvements to the game. I think Enemy Within + The Long War has now replaced UFO:EU as my favorite game in the series, despite all the nostalgia I have with UFO.
Thanks for the info, I really like the original and have been replaying it on android. A change isnt a bad thing, if I want the style of the original It will always be there. I'll give the long war a shot provided I manage to beat it

Slashman wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 23:33:
Tulwinn wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 15:25:
Thanks guys I appreciate the info, I will go for the Complete Pack. I would have tried it this weeked but have vistors so no play time for me

PSSST! Kick them out! Get that you time you so desperately need. Beam
haha no way, they are good people, and its board game time this weekend! Xcom the board game has been discussed

33. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Sep 12, 2015, 15:25 Tulwinn

30. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Sep 12, 2015, 03:53 Tulwinn

Hi guys could someone give me a little advice, I was a big fan of UFO but havent tried this until now. Ive seen enemy within mentioned so I looked at getting the pack XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack but I noticed it doesnt include the bureau (which has its own pack XCOM: Enemy Unknown + The Bureau). Does any one have any advice which to get, what order to try, or all of them? Thanks  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

1. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Sep 11, 2015, 14:54 Tulwinn

Only played it a little bit but Uprising is a pretty good Star Wars Diablo, havent felt the need to spend any cash yet, will see how long that lasts.  

News Comments > Bethesda Games on GOG.com

21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Aug 26, 2015, 11:51 Tulwinn

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:26:
Tulwinn wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:24:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:18:
Jivaro wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:07:
I am going to guess that this is the result of legal crap. You bought it when it was being published by a different company....thus "technically" it's a different product now. It's confusing and a bunch of shit, but I suspect that is why it is that way.
But the version in your account now is the new Bethesda version, as seen on Steam. With built-in widescreen support and such. The old "real classic" version from Interplay is gone. But the new version still has the "For Gamers-Interplay"-Intro. Bethesda is only copyrighted on the new launcher. Yes, it IS confusing.

SO basically I wont get updates like widescreen support? If thats the case, Im annoyed

You should be able to use the same mods?

True I can use mods but its a bit of a faff for reinstalling, if the new version has it built in, it would be simpler. Its a 1st world problem I know

18. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Aug 26, 2015, 11:24 Tulwinn

Kajetan wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:18:
Jivaro wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:07:
I am going to guess that this is the result of legal crap. You bought it when it was being published by a different company....thus "technically" it's a different product now. It's confusing and a bunch of shit, but I suspect that is why it is that way.
But the version in your account now is the new Bethesda version, as seen on Steam. With built-in widescreen support and such. The old "real classic" version from Interplay is gone. But the new version still has the "For Gamers-Interplay"-Intro. Bethesda is only copyrighted on the new launcher. Yes, it IS confusing.

SO basically I wont get updates like widescreen support? If thats the case, Im annoyed

11. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 11:04 Tulwinn

Fallout is back whch is nice, though its a little weird, its back as a new item. I already had it and its now labelled Fallout Classic. if I go to the new Fallout, its page doesnt tell me I own it and would let me buy it again.  

47 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >