Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27300 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 12, 2016, 23:43 Creston

WaltC wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 20:48:
Musk is getting dry rot on the brain, I think. Lately, his "predictions" keep getting more and more bizarre.

Except, of course, that Apple IS making an electric car. There's nothing particularly news worthy about that, it's been known for months. Everyone and their grandma is trying to get a product ready for the massive autonomotive singularity (ie, self driving cars) because that's going to be the biggest new product market in possibly a century.

And every major car manufacturer is currently hopping on the electric bandwagon and is naming their electric car to be released in a few years a "Tesla killer".

So yeah, no dry rot there. I think he's being too optimistic with how soon this will happen, I don't see it really making huge headway in the next decade, but after that, I think it'll gain a lot of momentum.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
18. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 23:42 Creston

It's just gravy on my already overflowing Prime train, but it's kind of sucky that it's only on physical games. I think the last game I bought physical for the PC was Mass Effect 3.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed
8. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 15:52 Creston

Barring (again) the ridiculous idea that North Korea could invade the US, it really doesn't look half bad. I got kind of a Watch Dogs vibe from it, though this is just a straight up shooter, right?

Might be interesting.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - That Dragon, Cancer
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - That Dragon, Cancer Jan 12, 2016, 11:20 Creston

I've lost five or six family members to cancer, but the thought of watching your child go through it. Ugh, sheesh.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Jan 11, 2016, 23:46 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 23:31:
Don't see it mentioned if this fixes the long load times, load on death bug that was introduced in 1.10.

? Never noticed that?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2016, 19:06 Creston

Rest in peace, Ziggy.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
19. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2016, 19:00 Creston

Steazy wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 18:35:
Wow the trolling in this thread... I for one am stoked on this product and it solves a few very real problems.

Congratulations. Now go learn what trolling actually means. Here's a hint: People not having the same opinion as you is not trolling.

If you look at their pricing you'll see they're marketed towards the "people who want nice laptops" with an extra feature appealing towards "Hardcore Gamers Who Wants Laptops"

The thing is that this is still not really very convenient. I'm sure there are people who have a major issue with the "massive size" a desktop computer takes up, and for them this is something of a solution. But these people are typically not hardcore gamers, and it's not likely that this is a massive group.

This also offers more convenience than a desktop, of course, but the crowd who is solely into the laptop for convenience also likely do not overlap much with the hardcore gamer crowd. And you're still having to haul that brick around if you want to game at max level. Yes, it's smaller than a desktop, but it's still not going to fit into your laptop bag?

In the end, it's a nice laptop that requires a brick to be plugged into it in order to turn it into a laptop that can play top AAA games extremely well. I fail to see a huge churn in the PC market because of it, though it's entirely possible, and perhaps even likely, that Razer sees this as a niche product.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 11, 2016, 18:55 Creston

I wonder if these BIOS fixes from Intel will actually FIX something, rather than just completely turn off the faulty operation set.

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders Next Month
1. Re: HTC Vive Preorders Next Month Jan 11, 2016, 18:52 Creston

This means you could sit down, eat and continue interacting with others without needing to remove it.

So basically it's like Google Glass to the nth power. Surely the others will have no problem interacting with you while you look like the fucking Lawnmower Man.

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 11, 2016, 17:55 Creston

It seems like a solution in search of a problem to me, unless they planned to market it solely to the ultra-niche "Hardcore Gamers Who Wants Laptops" demographic.  

News Comments > etc.
26. Re: etc. Jan 9, 2016, 11:57 Creston

Man, it took a whole 23 posts for someone to mention Hitler.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 8, 2016, 15:23 Creston

"We are a non-profit organization dedicated to protect US customers from useless pieces of shit like you. We are 'paid' by donations from people who appreciate what we do for them in a broad sense, which is something you cannot possibly fathom, since all you know how to do is to rape your customers."

I would be embarrassed to work for this toolbag.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 8, 2016, 11:21 Creston

Here, kickstart my shelves, please.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Banned for off-site activity. Jan 8, 2016, 11:14 Creston

Seems legit.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews Jan 7, 2016, 23:09 Creston

Yifes wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 21:34:
Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 17:40:
So MOST missions now have a fucking turn counter???? Well, that puts a huge damper on my interest.

From what I've seen, it only affects the beginning stealth component of some missions, and it isn't that big of an issue. Here's an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9vG-N0ILB0

You get a set number of turns to reach your objective while concealed. Once you complete your objective, your cover is blown, the timer stops, and then the real fighting starts. You get as much time as you want to complete the mission. This is a lot better than the bomb missions in the first game where you're constantly fighting and advancing under time pressure.

Phew, that's a relief. Thanks Yifes!

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews Jan 7, 2016, 17:40 Creston

Very excited about this. 1 more month.

Edit: Oh God, no...

Most start concealed and with a set number of rounds before mission failure, making each match more fast-paced than you’d think a turn-based strategy could be.

So MOST missions now have a fucking turn counter???? Well, that puts a huge damper on my interest.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2016, 17:46.

News Comments > etc.
3. More than 100 games Jan 7, 2016, 12:43 Creston

Uh-huh. Nod

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans
11. Re: FINAL FANTASY IX Steam Plans Jan 7, 2016, 08:50 Creston

At least there was no mobile port of FF9 for them to foist off on us as a "PC edition".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2016, 20:05 Creston

Retired wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 19:38:
Woot!

New Year. New Job!

Thanks to everyone that knows my shit and has supported me.

Bats.

Congrats Bats!!!!!

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed
9. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress DLC Revealed Jan 6, 2016, 20:03 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 17:17:
Creston wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 16:03:
Hopefully it will add some more FUN stuff to do rather than just more same-old same-old missions where you need to blow up a laundry list of "red stuff."

Told ya so...

Fair enough, but the repetition in JC2 never bothered me, because I was rarely blowing up the "red stuff" anyway. I was always causing shit at the airport, or hijacking passenger liners and trying to land them on highways, or tethering boats to 747s as they were about to take off, or trying to land 747s on the mile high club, or use statue heads as battering rams to knock cars off the road, etc etc etc.

There was just so much fun shit to DO in JC2. In JC3? Nada. There are no 747s. There is no airport. There is no Mile High club. There is no huge shopping mall. There is no hot air balloon. There is no hidden shit. There is literally nothing except fucking villages and military bases. Oh no, wait, I forgot. There is a railroad, that literally goes in a circle and has NO FUCKING STATIONS ANYWHERE. Because apparently Avalanche couldn't be fucking arsed to put a few in. So the trains on it just drive around endlessly. Seems legit, Avalanche. That NY studio of yours is a fucking winner. You should definitely let them make more games.

27300 Comments. 1365 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo