Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27300 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 28, 2016, 16:56 Creston

Myth: "Just Cause 2 was three times the game Just Cause 3 is"

CONFIRMED.

Just so disappointing

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises
23. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Rises Jan 28, 2016, 16:55 Creston

I'll pick this up at some point, but xcom2 is a week away, and didn't come with the exclusivity BS, so that's getting my money instead.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details
11. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details Jan 28, 2016, 09:39 Creston

Darak wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 04:34:
It even copies the ''survive in the wild'' fragment from the original, which looks like it is going to introduce some kind of survival mechanic, but is promptly forgotten five minutes later.

MS is soon releasing a $10 "survival mode" where you need to actually stay warm and prevent her dying from hunger.

Yes, they will charge $10 for that. For a game mode.

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Announced
10. Re: Hard Reset Redux Announced Jan 28, 2016, 09:38 Creston

I liked it, the story just literally ended in the middle of nowhere, which was kinda weird. But the pew pew was fun, and pretty hectic, and I actually thought the levels were quite fun.

I have no desire to replay it, so no interest in this remake, but eh, I hope it does well for them.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2016, 21:47 Creston

That robot with the Rubik's cube is nuts.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 14:32 Creston

That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for DLC to come out. Most people will have long since moved on by then.

Speaking of that... *glares at Bethesda*

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
13. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 14:28 Creston

There can't seriously be anyone still playing this?  

15. Win 10 upgrade question Jan 26, 2016, 17:51 Creston

Guys,

Does anyone know how the upgrade / clean install works with regards to Win 7 and Win 8 license keys? I figure that if I upgrade my Win 8.1 to 10, it'll just convert my Win 8.1 license into a Win 10 license, but ideally I'd like to convert my Win 7 license key, and leave my Win 8.1 license key alone for now. (Since I assume that once converted, they cannot be used with their original OS anymore?)

So would I need to do a fresh install, and then just type the Win 7 license key into Win 10 to convert it, or is there like a website where it can be converted, or...? I haven't really paid much attention to how this works.

Can anyone shine some light on this for me? It'd be most appreciated.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2016, 15:31 Creston

I ran into this bug, so kudos, Frans!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Comcast & Charter Jan 26, 2016, 15:30 Creston

Yeah, that doesn't seem anti-competitive at all.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
38. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2016, 17:21 Creston

descender wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 15:01:
Mass Effect was designed and marketed as an RPG, but every subsequent release devolved it more into a "cover shooter with powers",

I will say this in Bioware's defense, THEY never really called it a pure RPG. They always said from the start it would be an RPG/action hybrid, not a straight up RPG.

It was EA marketing that, as usual, assigned all kinds of things to the game that it was never intended to be.

Bioware also admitted they'd gone way overboard with the streamlining for ME2, and tried to take a step back towards 1 when they did 3.

Obviously to each their own whether you liked it or not, but the fact it wasn't an RPG despite being hyped as one was (mostly) due to EA's marketoids being literally dumber than the keys I used to type this.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2016, 12:46 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 03:04:
If you spend 80+ hours playing game (including expansions) and then declare that it's a piece of shit, chances are that the game is actually pretty decent and you're just having a hyperbolic reaction to a few shortcomings. People did that with ME3 because the ending sucked, even though the ending comprised maybe 1% of the entire game and the rest was actually good. Some people even went as far as to claim that the entire series sucked because of that one ending.

I think most people said they'd never play the series again because of how gutwrenching the end was, that it had essentially become unreplayable, not that the entire series now sucked. And let's be honest, it was a REALLLLLLLLY terrible ending. It was just a giant Bioware middle finger to their players, saying "Hey, thanks for the 100+ hours you played our games. Here, to make sure you'll never play again: Pick the Red, Green or Blue button offered by our ridiculous Deus Ex Machina which utterly invalidates every single decision you've made in the entire series, AND essentially kills everyone."

In any case, it's not really the same thing. I can see it taking a solid XX number of hours before you realize that the game really is pretty terrible. I enjoyed the first 8 hours of JC3 a ton, proclaiming it better than JC2 in every way, until I realized that where JC2 had an awesome map that offered lots of diversity and opportunities for shenanigans, JC3 offers literally exactly the same town just copy-pasta'd 15000 times and zero-point-zero percent variety.

By the end of it, I was extremely sick of it, and consider it the biggest gaming disappointment of 2015. It took me a good 10+ hours to get to that point where I was getting very annoyed with it.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2016, 12:38 Creston

descender wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 09:46:
Cheers

That Broncos Patriots game was great. I'll be firmly rooting for Peyton to ride off into the sunset with a victory, but I have a feeling this Carolina team is just too good.

I dunno, that Denver defense is legit, man. If Peyton could have taken more than 20 seconds off the clock TOTAL in his last six downs, thereby negating Brady's last gasp touchdown (when the Denver defense was completely utterly exhausted) they'd have ended up giving away a grand total of 12 points to the Patriots, six of which came essentially from a turnover.

Cam Newton is not going to have it easy against these guys. That said, apart from two good drives, Peyton looked pretty terrible, so I don't see Denver's offense doing much against Carolina's D either. I think it'll come down to the defenses rather than the offenses to settle it.

At the very least we'll be spared the Boston Smugpocalypse 2016.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 25, 2016, 12:34 Creston

Challenge it to some poker.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2016, 00:04 Creston

harlock wrote on Jan 24, 2016, 14:47:
im telling you man.. ghost chili - just a couple slices in a big pot and it will bring that slow heat up in the whole thing, that creeper style heat... you just start small and work it up, dont go crazy unless you want to have a nasty episode

Warning to non-spicy eaters: Do NOT eat Ghost Pepper anything unless you're at least used to eating at like Habanero level or hotter.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2016, 00:02 Creston

Mwahahaha fuck the Patriots.

Can I also say how utterly amusing it was to have CBS constantly reporting about how the MICROSOFT SURFACES weren't functional at all, and they were trying to fix them etc etc etc. 400 million dollars of advertising money, and all MS has to show for it so far is ~ 6 months of everyone calling the Surface "an Ipad", and now everyone gets first hand advertisement of what a terrible piece of shit hardware it really is.

As usual, another Job Well Done by Microsoft. It was hilarious.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
24. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 23, 2016, 12:02 Creston

Simon Says wrote on Jan 23, 2016, 04:04:
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 15:57:
walrus1 wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 14:09:
That begin said NEtflix viewing numbers aren't as good as most people think.

Yeah, if you cause 37% of all internet traffic, clearly not very many people are using your product?

Data traffic could be deemed a flawed metric for a number of reasons: efficiency of compression, people choosing different resolutions, choices of bitrates by Netflix per different programs and so on.

Which is true for every other entry on that list as well, so I'm not sure what you are getting at. 37% of all traffic was caused by Netflix. By every single metric, Netflix is the largest traffic driver on the entire global internet. So walrus saying that it "Really doesn't have as many viewers as people think" is really a pretty odd statement.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2016, 21:50 Creston

You rock, Newegg!  

News Comments > No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed
3. Re: No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed Jan 22, 2016, 21:34 Creston

"More than a port"

Uh-huh.

News Comments > Atari Vault Announced
7. Re: Atari Vault Announced Jan 22, 2016, 16:06 Creston

sir wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 12:22:
I like the eight-bit graphics, so perhaps I'm a hipster. ALternatively, it could be that I remember them from the first time around, so I may be more of a hip-replacement-ster

Giggle

27300 Comments. 1365 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo