Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28659 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 26, 2016, 11:36 Creston

I really like Amazon, but that is a fucking shitty move. At least, if you're going to allow pre-orders, don't allow people to get more than two, Amazon. That post from the jackass who got five for resale is really just indicative of how stupid this process was.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
54. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 18:54 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 15:42:
Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 11:32:
Dishonored 2 is 35 bucks on Amazon right now.

I can't remember recent years having such savings so close to release. I've gotten Dishonored 2, BF1, and Titanfall 2, all for upwards of half off.

On the one hand, it's awesome, on the other, I can't help but wonder which IPs (hello Titanfall!) it might be the death of in the future...

I think Titanfall and Dishonored are done for. BF is too big, but those two are not recouping anywhere near what they were expected to.

48. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 11:32 Creston

Dishonored 2 is 35 bucks on Amazon right now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2016, 18:58 Creston

That is a bad-ass name for a sickness, btw.

"I've got Thunderstorm Asthma!"

*Well-timed bolt of lightning strikes in the background*

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
1. Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 24, 2016, 14:20 Creston

"Laws and the Constitution don't matter, as long as we get what we want."

- the US government and its many agencies.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
1. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 24, 2016, 14:16 Creston

Look, I understand grasping at straws in some vein hope of turning the election result around, by how is a recount actually going to 'prove' hacking? (assuming that took place to begin with.)

Any halfway decent hacker that interfered in this will have simply changed individual results from one party to the other, so a recount isn't going to find that. So unless some hacker just added 100K votes to Trump's total at the end, you're not going to achieve anything other than waste millions and millions of dollars.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Metaverse
1. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 24, 2016, 14:12 Creston

Freedom of speech, ever heard of it, Steve Huffman?

(and before people go off on a rant that it's his own site and he can do whatever he wants with it, reddit is supposedly a neutral news site. So much for that claim.)

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2016, 14:19.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2016, 14:11 Creston

Happy Thanksgiving, fellas!

31. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 12:37 Creston

For those who are interested, Battlefield 1 is 30 bucks on Amazon right now.

29. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 12:15 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 11:57:
I think I'll give Cities Skylines a try, for 8 bucks even if it isn't great I won't mind too much.

Fortunately it IS actually great.

I'd recommend reading a few guides on the traffic though. Your main job in it is to make traffic run smoothly, otherwise your entire city dies in gridlock, and it can be frustrating to figure out on your own.

(their DLC is on sale too, for those who don't have it yet.)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 24, 2016, 10:56 Creston

Saboth wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 21:15:
Sounds like Trump's FCC advisor is in the pocket of big corporate right off the bat. He states there are very few monopolies and in the case of a monopoly he wants to leave it in the hands of the states.

Which is fucking retarded, because the Internet is not a State matter. The internet obviously traverses across state lines, so by its very fucking definition it falls under FEDERAL authority.

There is literally nobody in Trump's fucking team that even understands basic US law.

21. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 10:53 Creston

yuastnav wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 10:49:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 09:54:
I also miss daily flash sales. They were fun. But there's a lot of really good deals in this sale. I wouldn't call them mediocre.

As for Doom VS Shadow Warrior 2, they're still pretty different games. Shadow Warrior is more freeform, open ended and customizable. Doom is more linear and focused. I do prefer SW2. The combat is just so much better. I would definitely play both though.

They claimed that they added the glory kills to Doom to make the game faster. What a load of bullsh*t. Play SW2 and tell me which one is faster. Glory kills are only there to make the game playable for gamepad users.

That is my point exactly. The glory kill system ruined DOOM for me. I couldn't play it for more than a few hours. Plus it didn't help that I didn't like the map design. The shooting felt okay. Not great.

Shadow Warrior 2 is a whole different beast to me. TB criticised it because of the whole "looter shooter" thing which is ridiculous to me because I never looked at this game this way. The shooting feels tremendously satisfying, the maps are great and the movement is so much fun. You can be so fast in this game.

Stop it yuastnav, before you convert me and I go make an impulse buy!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 24, 2016, 10:51 Creston

Retired wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 04:28:
Feds want ‘driver mode’ for smartphones.

Yes please.

Amen. It can't come quick enough. Quite frankly, I don't understand why they don't just ban cell phone use in cars. Passed another dipshit yesterday who was swerving all over two lanes because he was checking his fucking phone.

If they ban cell phones in cars, it gives the highway patrol something to look out for that's actually dangerous, rather than their bullshit "you were speeding 5 mph!"

The NHTSA estimates that 10 percent of those deadly crashes involved at least one distracted driver.

Creston estimates that the NHTSA is roughly 70% worth full of bullshit.

5. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 01:07 Creston

Doom's 20 bucks. That seems a pretty good price.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 23, 2016, 09:55 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 23:41:
That article on Sleepy Dogs 2 made me a sad panda.

Me too. Sleeping dogs was just awesome. Still one of the most badass characters you'll ever play in an open world game. He makes the GTA5 guys look like the three stooges.

News Comments > Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming
9. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 23, 2016, 09:52 Creston

I hope Chris comes back with something cool. Barring his failed kickstarter, he made some pretty awesome games.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Battery tech Nov 23, 2016, 09:04 Creston

If that's truly viable, it could change the electric car industry. Long charge times are the number one complaint for people who don't want to get an electric car.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week
11. Re: Titanfall 2 Free DLC Next Week Nov 23, 2016, 08:59 Creston

We believe that in order to maintain a healthy community

You should sell some copies...?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2016, 16:23 Creston

SirKnight wrote on Nov 22, 2016, 13:34:
Chipotle's '300-calorie burrito' left customer too full, and he's suing.

I hope those idiots lose so bad and owe enormous amounts of money in lawyer fees. They want, I'm guessing, tons of money from Chipotle just because they are too stupid to realize that there is no way a burrito with all of those things in it can be 300 calories. No common sense AT ALL. I have not seen the sign advertising the chorizo, but most likely it's very clear the 300 calorie claim is for the chorizo not a whole burrito. Some people though...

Just go on Chipotle's website and you'll see the tortilla alone is 300 calories! And it always has been I'm sure. I just took a wild guess based on my life history of eating torillas and being familiar with calories and figured the tortilla alone was probably around 300 calories. Looked on their site and yep it was!

How these guys suing are still alive this long is baffling...

As much as I hate bullshit lawsuits, in this case the ad is brutally misleading. Their ad literally states that the burrito is 300 calories. Yes, anyone with half a brain cell can figure out that a burrito the size of a school bus is not going to be 300 calories, but that IS what their ad is saying. There's nothing on there saying that the Chorizo alone is 300 calories.

So it IS false advertising. That said, I always believed there has to be some actual HARM done before you can sue somebody. "I was really full from this burrito" is not actual harm. On that grounds it should be dismissed, but Chipotle should catch some flack over their blatantly false advertising.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 22, 2016, 12:48 Creston

Sports live streams on Prime? Yes, please.

28659 Comments. 1433 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo