Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29926 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 17:22 Creston

*raises a bottle to BN*

Salut!

nin, time to come back, buddy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 9, 2017, 17:22 Creston

Stop racist ads? They make money off those! They're corporations! What do you mean they have to stop?! THIS IS AMERICA!

#CorporationsCanDoWhateverTheyWant

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2017, 14:28 Creston

Why aren't we going after Rick Santorum? The imbecile.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2017, 17:51 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 15:00:
Zipper Merging in Traffic Seems Rude but Research Shows It Is the Best Approach.

I remember reading an article about this a couple of years ago. Even though I know it's the most efficient way, it still pisses me off when people cut.

I admit I always cut, but unlike 99% of the drooling mouthbreathers here in Tulsa, I can actually drive, so I just coast along the main line waiting for the line to accelerate, then I smoothly slide into one of the inevitable gaps that happens when a line of cars accelerates. Nobody ever has to brake for me or is hindered by me doing this, and yet people still get pissed.

Most of the idiots who "cut", of course, try to merge in when everyone is braking or when everyone is already standing still, thus causing clumps and delays.

MERGE WHEN THE LINE IS EXPANDING, NOT WHEN IT'S CONTRACTING, IDIOTS.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens
50. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 7, 2017, 13:54 Creston

Downloading it now. I gotta admit that I WANT this to be awesome, because I badly need some good Star Wars gaming.

Edit : So... eh. I suck badly at the galactic battleground (or whatever it's called) mp part, mostly because I can't figure out why sometimes I can see enemies as outlines through buildings, and other times I can't? So most of the time I wind up getting killed by people I never see.

Then you respawn, which takes 5-10 seconds, followed by 20-30 seconds of running to get back to where you roughly estimate where the action is, 30 seconds of running around trying to find something to shoot or defend, only to get killed again by something quick, and repeat. I guess that's the bane of all mp shooters, but it does seem as if you spend an awful amount of time just waiting and running, rather than fighting. I'm sure that ratio is skewed much better if you're actually good rather than a schlep like me, and I think that's always kind of been the scourge of the Battlefield/front series.

It also seems as if the Naboo map, at least initially, is too large for a 20vs20 match? It seems pretty empty at times. Once you get to the palace part of it the action is far more intense because it's a few small corridors.

Heroes are definitely brutal, especially Darth Maul and the Hero robot, they murder with impunity. But for all the "oh it's so easy to get them" talk, they still cost 3000-5000 BP per use, which really isn't a trivial amount of BP. In the four matches I played I only rarely saw a hero here and there, and it mostly seemed to be the same few players who had them, so it's really not the "Everyone gets heroes!" thing they're trying to make it out to be. Only once did I get close to 3000BP. Though again, I suck.

I tried to do the starfighter one, and there weren't enough players to start it. That doesn't bode well for that mode when even in a free open beta on a Saturday afternoon, nobody is playing it...

The ancillary modes seem alright, arcade was decent fun, and there does seem to be a LOT of stuff to do beside the main mp mode, though most of it is locked away in the beta.

I also really couldn't figure out what the point was of "leveling up?" Does it even get you anything?

In any case, this will rise or fall with the single player for me. If it's a good, meaty 8-10 hour campaign, I can see myself getting this and enjoying it. If it's the typical 5 hour EA shovel affair, then I think there's plenty of other things coming out that I will enjoy more.

I will say this, it played super fucking smooth on High on my ancient-ass rig with a GTX970 at 1080p, and it looks phenomenally gorgeous. I really wish I would have gotten to play the Starfighter battles. Will try again tonight maybe.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2017, 17:44.

News Comments > GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car
2. Re: GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car Oct 7, 2017, 12:36 Creston

I remember a time when this game was about crime and heists and such, instead of basically now being HotWheels Online.

So what's their plan for RDR2 Online? Within six months it'll be Minecraft?

News Comments > Press X to Not Die Released
4. Re: Press X to Not Die Released Oct 7, 2017, 12:35 Creston

J wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 04:35:
Are you dead?

I... don't think so? IT WORKED!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements
18. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements Oct 7, 2017, 00:43 Creston

I have one question: Was the port done by Ubisoft Kiev? If so, it's going to be garbage on day one, and will take at least six to eight patches to become something resembling stable.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 7, 2017, 00:36 Creston

The Witcher 3 documentary has been excellent so far. REALLY enjoying it. Well worth a watch.

News Comments > Press X to Not Die Released
1. Re: Press X to Not Die Released Oct 7, 2017, 00:22 Creston

*presses X*

Did it work?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
12. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 6, 2017, 16:45 Creston

4,7 Ghz six core processor, and birdshit as TIM. Hope you enjoy having a miniature sun in your case.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 6, 2017, 16:41 Creston

Yeah, I'm sure they COULD, I mean, technically we could probably put the entire US on solar and batteries.

I'm sure the people of Puerto Rico would rather have power back in the next ten years, though, Elon. They may not want to wait for your Gigafactory to create enough batteries for an entire nation of 3.41 million people.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 13:36 Creston

That's pretty damn tacky there, Telltale. You couldn't spend the couple of hours to draw the scene yourself?

As for Steam, why don't you just leave the username/pw to said person? Problem solved.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2017, 13:48.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2017, 13:35 Creston

Acleacius wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 10:13:
Surely there's going to a challenge in court, asking for a stay against the FCC's ruling?

Probably, but the court will (rightfully) say that the FCC has been given the authority by Congress to make decisions such as this, and thus the decision is perfectly legal.

That it screws over 350 million Americans is irrelevant for the law.

8. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 13:33 Creston

4D-Boxing wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 12:48:
Is there a server browser?

FYI, rubberbanding increased in bf1 as well so not sure what's going on. It's like the servers deteriorated over the last few weeks.

It's either ISPs going "we paid for Ajit Pai, so fuck all the gamers in the world" or EA got a great deal on some bandwidth in North Korea.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2017, 10:02 Creston

Ajit Pai? Distorting data to fit his own agenda / pockets?

No... Say it ain't so?!

News Comments > Amazon Prime Trial/Twitch Prime PSA
1. Re: Amazon Prime Trial/Twitch Prime PSA Oct 6, 2017, 10:00 Creston

Always some asshats trying to game the system.

2. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 09:58 Creston

Is this an open beta, or do you need to be invited?

News Comments > New Star Trek Online Season
7. Re: New Star Trek Online Season Oct 4, 2017, 17:52 Creston

warmbluelasers wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 15:59:
Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 14:22:
Out of curiosity, can you play all the old seasons of content if you start now? Or can you only play season 14?

Yes, you can play all the old content including missions that were from launch. The only thing is these new seasons are all end-game so if you're talking a brand-new account you'll have to spend the time getting to a level where you can tackle these missions, or have an existing player mentor you (or whatever they call the mechanic) through the missions.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 4, 2017, 15:02 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 4, 2017, 14:51:
The most powerful console EVAR...to play Cuphead and Minecraft on. Well done guys.

Yeah, but Minecraft at uprezzed 4K is going to look... like Minecraft?

29926 Comments. 1497 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo