Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30171 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 10:42 Creston

Burn in hell, Charles Manson.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 10:41 Creston

That's 2 countries. The ball is rolling, slowly. I can't wait until countries declare it gambling and it has to stop. The cries of anguish from shitbag publishers will be incredible. It will be the only sound heard around the world.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews
6. Re: Sunday Previews Nov 20, 2017, 10:24 Creston

<3 CDPR

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2017, 10:00 Creston

If Disney wants to get sued, then sure, they'll take the license away from EA.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 20, 2017, 09:57 Creston

Osc8r wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 16:29:
How long till we get a Battle Royale game in the frostbite engine?

I wouldn't be surprised if Dice is working on one for SWBF2

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
29. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 20, 2017, 09:52 Creston

Seems like a fair list. Not sure if Ashly Burch classifies for a breakthrough award, though. I mean, she's pretty well established by now, but she did a great job, so eh.

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
1. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 18, 2017, 14:43 Creston

Write Ajit Pai a check for $25 (he's a really cheap whore) and he'll be happy to grant you whatever you want.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 18, 2017, 11:47 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 22:45:
I guess my issue is how gamers are cherry picking dev's/publishers to go after for nickle and dime'ing them.

Ubisoft gets a pass.
WB Interactive people get mildly angry.
EA... holy shit watch out!

Mildly angry? We bitched about nothing but Shadow of War's loot boxes for like a week straight? Plenty of people didn't buy SoW precisely because of that.

And like I said, fewer people care about the cash grabs in Rainbox Six, because it's not Star Wars.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
62. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 21:38 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 21:21:
Devinoch wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 16:14:
El Pit wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:14:
I wonder what is going on with EA right now. Emergency EA CEO conference with Disney? Why the whales didn't want to get hunted? What went wrong? They must be afraid because their customers stood up to them and the pay2win system. Nothing is worse than fans that are no longer fanatic enough to accept torture.

Honest thoughts? I think Disney is considering acquiring EA, and revamping them to fix the problems they feel they can correct for. It might not be a bad business play, in all honesty. EA has reliably profitable stuff (Madden, FIFA, NHL) and has talent and technology Disney could use to replace the basically-defunct Disney Interactive. It's not a bad proposition for either side, assuming they can some smart people to oversee it.

Disney listens to the same exact overlords.

Huh? As what, EA? They have nothing to do with each other other than that Disney licenses out Star Wars to EA? Confused

58. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 20:39 Creston

So far, reviews are not being kind. They pretty much all skewer the game for its terrible progression system.

It's going to take some major overhaul to fix this shit.

News Comments > Titan Quest Ragnarök Released
3. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 18:44 Creston

Who are you?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 17, 2017, 18:39 Creston

Were you guys trying to gouge the living fuck out of your customers and bleed them of every single penny possible, while pretending that it was "for the best of the game?"

No? Then you did it better than EA did.

Also, Rainbow Six is not Star Wars.

News Comments > Titan Quest Ragnarök Released
1. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 18:38 Creston

Shitty CGI garbage trailer, no gameplay, no announcement of this before release. Ten year old game that was left in a broken-as-fuck state after its first expansion (with the rubberbanding bullshit.)

Sounds like a winner!

32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 15:33 Creston

The grind and loot box bullshit would have turned me off already, but the main gameplay hook is just boring as hell to me.

Spawn, run 30 seconds to area where people are fighting. Randomly either see your enemies or not (Seriously, why the hell is this? I see this in every video I've watched. Sometimes the enemies show up, and other times they don't). Spend 30 seconds finding something to shoot. Shoot a few times at an enemy who is 99% likely to be unaware of you. Get killed by an enemy you were unaware of. Respawn. Run 30 seconds to an area where people are fighting. Spend 30 seconds finding something to shoot. Kill a guy. Get a few battle points. Get killed. Respawn. etc etc etc.

Ars' review did summarize it well. The game offers no real tactical options, and the few buffing powers etc that are on offer give NO BP. You only get BP for shooting people, so that's what everyone's doing, because people are trying to get enough BP to buy a hero. So everything just turns into a murder gallery.

They should just make a PUBG star wars mode.

The single player mode is 5 hours, nearly 2 hours of which are cutscenes (as evidenced by the "All the cutscenes!" videos on Youtube.) so it's three hours.

I may get it for 10 bucks at some point, but honestly, I think I'll just forget this exists. Just another fucking waste of what could have been a fantastic Star Wars game, courtesy of EA. Thanks EA. You truly have the leper's touch.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 15:29 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:22:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:11:
It's "dark and gritty." Inquisitive

Also, what was the last Zack Snyder joint in which dozens of people didn't die?
Batman v Superman was 2 hours of my life that I will never get back.
Also gonna skip Justice League.

2 hours? Did you show up late? That shit ran for THREE HOURS...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 10:22 Creston

OMG TEH DOGES *does no work for the rest of the day*

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 17, 2017, 09:12 Creston

Dacote wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 18:23:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:55:
Governor Trudeau is a good man!
Everyone in America wishes he was the President of the United States.

At this point I would take a corpse to be president instead of Drumpf.

Any Functional Adult 2020!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 09:08 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 08:11:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 01:42:
Most angry Bob Iger is

It wasn't EA that made the decision to turn off the lootcrate money machine.

Earlier today, Electronic Arts chief executive officer Andrew Wilson had a phone call with The Walt Disney Company chief executive Bob Iger about Star Wars: Battlefront II, according to sources familiar with the situation. A few hours after that call, players are finding out that they can no longer make in-game purchases with real money.

The last thing Disney needs is a bunch of negative press around their soon to be released Star Wars movie.
/and thread
Occam's razor strikes again.

I was wondering if Disney was eventually going to say something. You know they can't be happy that nothing but negative bullshit in association with Star Wars has been happening for the last week+.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 16, 2017, 23:28 Creston

This is the ONLY fucking way we'll ever get publisher to give up on this horseshit. By complaining loudly, and NOT BUYING THEIR FUCKING BULLSHIT LOOTBOX GAMES.

Oooh, I'd love to see the looks of utter anguish on the faces of all the poor EA suits today. "But... but... WHAT ABOUT OUR MONIES??!!!"

Fuck you. Next game, just build a great game, and stop trying to fucking squeeze every last goddamned penny out of your customers, you miserable fucking cocksheds.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2017, 21:03 Creston

I truly hope Ajit Pai gets ass cancer.

30171 Comments. 1509 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo