Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27603 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Quantum Break Fix Plans
7. Re: Quantum Break Fix Plans Apr 13, 2016, 17:31 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Apr 13, 2016, 14:07:
Well, you have a download option so you don't have to stream. It's like 72gb of video though.

Oh, you have data caps? WELL FUCK YOU.
/Microsoft
I mean, at least include the damn video on the disc??

As for "turning into a live action tv show", they've advertised that there would be live action episodes between the actual playable chapters since the beginning. Actually enjoyed that part of it, especially when I realized they were actual full episodes, with little changes based on your game decisions, not just tiny cut scenes where actors barely have a chance to do anything.

Is there a way to skip those 20 minute cutscenes?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rockstar North Lawsuit
9. Re: Rockstar North Lawsuit Apr 12, 2016, 23:29 Creston

That's a really shitty way for them to get rid of him.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 12, 2016, 23:27 Creston

That is some really sweet piano.

News Comments > Total War: Warhammer Free DLC Plans
1. Re: Total War: Warhammer Free DLC Plans Apr 12, 2016, 23:25 Creston

Please be awesome. And please make a 40K version next.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 12, 2016, 17:39 Creston

Without having read the article, I'm going to say that indie devs should probably also consider that without Steam, 99.999999% of them would never have been able to release their games.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 11, 2016, 23:55 Creston

Saboth wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 21:37:
Websites are yelling at viewers/customers about adblockers, when they need to be yelling at the advertisers. Make the ads uniform, unobtrusive, 100% safe and I'll turn the adblocker off. Until then, you can post up the "turn off your adblocker if you want to view this site" all you want, I'll just not visit your site (used to go to Wired all the time, never visit now, as one example).

Yep, agree fully. Bitching at your customers is never the answer, but that's a truth that apparently hasn't sunk in yet with a large number of website owners. I'm not going to open up my computer to shitloads of potential attack vectors just because you're too lazy to figure out a better business model.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailer
8. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailer Apr 11, 2016, 23:53 Creston

I'd love to play a good SP campaign in this, and not just online skirmish.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
18. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 13:32 Creston

NetHead wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 07:12:
Can you think of anything that would kill Facebook faster than every single idiot posting, every, single, mundane, piece of crap they do, all day, every day, and everyone else getting spammed with alerts for all said crap. It would be like a feedback loop of complete crap, presuming it isn't already.

You just described Twitter. To a tee. So no, sadly, it would not die out. It would just become an even bigger and sadder narcissist circle jerk than Twitter already is.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 11, 2016, 13:28 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 11:34:
El Pit wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 11:03:
That video of a bear chasing a snowboarder... I hope this is staged. If not - girl, this is your second birthday from now on. Stunned Wow

Fake bear is fake.

I dunno, dude. I'm usually the first to cry fake, but this seems pretty legit. With the snow swirling around and the bear running through it, it'd be a LOT of work to splice that in there.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 11, 2016, 13:20 Creston

I give that 40 dismissive wanks.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
3. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 13:20 Creston

It is taking them just stupidly long to release the CK this time around. Might it have something to do with them trying hard to pawn quite underwhelming DLC? (so far, I hope Far Harbor will be awesome) Nah.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2016, 10:31 Creston

I'm shocked, Cotton.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 9, 2016, 19:24 Creston

Except they do no such thing. So, thanks for playing, timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Perhaps put the words time and India a few more times into your URL, so we actually know who we are dealing with.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Status Report
3. Re: Tribes Ascend Status Report Apr 9, 2016, 19:22 Creston

Much props to them for going back and trying to fix a (by now) pretty old game.

Thanks Hi-Rez.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Apr 9, 2016, 01:01 Creston

I REALLY want this to be good, but Total Assembly has make a fucking cock of like three out of their last four games, so I'm fairly resigned to this again having completely broken AI and half the features promised not being in the game.

I do so want this to be good though. And then I want a TW:40K ...

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 8, 2016, 18:45 Creston

Precisely

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Issues
17. Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 8, 2016, 13:48 Creston

A Microsoft game released on PC with massive issues? Whodathunkit.

News Comments > BAFTA British Academy Games Awards
4. Re: BAFTA British Academy Games Awards Apr 8, 2016, 01:10 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 23:05:
I can only assume that Witcher 3 was not included because CDPR isn't a member of BAFTA?

Makes as much sense as anything. FO4? Come on.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 8, 2016, 01:09 Creston

Considering the glacial pace of the story, I wouldn't expect it to wrap up in Season 2 either. This is going to be the next A Song of Ice and Fire, duration wise.

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
63. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 8, 2016, 01:06 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 22:17:
Right, sounds like there are similarities to this situation, with both characters being clumsily introduced and integrated.

I don't remember a huge dustup about it for DA:I, though. Perhaps because the devs just put the character out there without comment?

Eh, there was some grumbling about it on their forum and the occasional story about it here and there, but like I said, most of the negative stuff I read about it was all about how poorly done it was as opposed to the fact that they'd put it in at all. At least that's how I saw most of it. There were the occasional people who bitched at it even being there, but that didn't seem to bother most people. It's just that it was there for the sake of being there.

It didn't add anything to the character, it didn't add anything to the story, it was never alluded to (and NEVER mentioned again), and the fact that the Qunari were accepting of it (which is the race in DA which would NEVER accept it), and it just spoke volumes about Bioware just desperately trying to shoehorn it in just for the sake of being able to tick the "Hey, we have a transgender character! Look how inclusive we are!" box.

It was just pathetic. And because it was so pathetic, I don't think it really raised much stink.

27603 Comments. 1381 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo