Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28508 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely
8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 in Full Development; More Witcher Games Likely Mar 31, 2017, 10:33 Creston

Beamer wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 10:21:
A game around Ciri would be fun, but TW3 wrapped everything up so well. I only played TW3 but still felt like it was a great sendoff to a great character. Not sure what more I'd want. You can't really change the ending, a prequel doesn't really help make Geralt super famous and powerful, as he starts not there (kind of there), and he's such a great character I feel it'd be hard to make a new central character without trying to Xerox him...

Please, please, no Dandelion anything. Just pretend he didn't exist.

Yeah, I hope they stick with Geralt. He's such an iconic, cool character that going with a different one is just going to feel like a disappointment in comparison, although Ciri could at least be cool.

Then again, we're looking at, what, 2021 or so, probably, before we see another Witcher game? Maybe it'll be VR at that point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
38. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 18:55 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 18:36:
And "Franchise" fans who like this game are imo not fans, but fanboys.

Fuck off with your bullshit opinion. Is it cold up in that ivory fucking tower of yours? "IF I DON'T LIKE IT NOBODY CAN LIEK IT!"

The writing, voice acting, graphics are all atrociously sub-par.

ATROCIOUSLY sub-par graphics. Rolleyes Try to whine a little harder, I don't think people are feeling the righteous, shivering anger in your voice enough just yet.

And nobody even yet bashed the voice acting enough imo. The female Ryder is TOTAL SHIT. 0 Emotion in the voice anywhere.

No, she is actually pretty damn good. She's no Jennifer Hale, no. Nobody is. I personally wish Bioware would just cast Jennifer Hale in the lead role on every one of their games. But Fryda Wolff does a great job with dialogue that is all over the place in quality. She can't help the script as it's presented to her. All she can do is do the best she can in her delivery, which she does. There are plenty of moments in the game where she shines.

Again, you're just desperately flailing away, trying to bash every single thing about this game. It has plenty of flaws worth bashing. There's no need to make up ridiculous bullshit.

News Comments > The Witcher Sells 25M Copies
31. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 17:39 Creston

Beamer wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:00:
jamiedj99 wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:50:
if you look close at the wording that 25 million of all the witcher games together.

I don't think a single person had trouble noticing that.

No, and even so, it's heavily backloaded. Witcher 3 is the lion's share of those sales.

30. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 17:37 Creston

Nullity wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:17:
Creston wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:28:
Nullity wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:09:
Good news! They've already confirmed they have another Witcher game planned.

They have? News to me. Source, please?

I can't remember where I read it, so I've been doing a bit of digging. This is about as close as I can find (with a bunch of other similar articles), which means it looks like everyone was jumping the gun a bit, including myself.

I apologize for getting everyone's hopes up.

Nah, I kind of figured you'd just been hopeful and had read more into something than what it really said. And if you did actually have something I missed that would have been awesome, so no worries.

News Comments > Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists
29. Re: Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists Mar 30, 2017, 13:43 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 17:19:
You can't honestly tell me that Street Fighter 2 didn't have much of an influence on gaming.. it's literally the cornerstone of every fighting game that came after it.

I debated SF2 pretty heavily, but it was an iteration on games that had come before. It didn't heavily reinvent an already burgeoning genre.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 30, 2017, 13:41 Creston

Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:47:
Your privacy online is the same as it was yesterday

Yep.

Non-existent.

News Comments > Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed
4. Re: Dean Hall's Stationeers Revealed Mar 30, 2017, 13:30 Creston

"Please buy my latest idea that I'll work on for a few weeks, then never, ever finish!"

17. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 13:28 Creston

Nullity wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 13:09:
Good news! They've already confirmed they have another Witcher game planned.

They have? News to me. Source, please?

16. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 13:26 Creston

Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:30:
I've wanted to read the Witcher stories for some time but haven't done it yet. Are the English translation books hard to find?

They're all available on the Kindle store. The last one just came out, too.

Warning, Witcher 3's writing is substantially better than the books'. (Andrez Sawpkwosisksji is exploding somewhere right now.) Geralt is kind of a whiny bitch in books 4, 5 and 6, and overall not much even HAPPENS in books 4, 5 and 6. So far, I've been somewhat disappointed in them, but that's due to the game being so freaking awesome.

15. Re: The Witcher Sells 25M Copies Mar 30, 2017, 13:23 Creston

Congrats! Nobody deserves it more than you guys, CD Projekt.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
17. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 13:22 Creston

1) Speed up unpassable loading screens during planet scanning. I don't play on a Shitbox with a 5200 RPM drive. I have an NVMe SSD. You can load in that new planet in roughly 0.2 seconds, so I expect to be sitting at that new planet in 0.2 seconds. I've seen the cool little "fly to a new planet" animation plenty of times now, I understand it's the only thing your animators spent more than five seconds on, but it's enough.

2) Shut up SAM.
"It's more cold than normal, Pathfinder."
"Temperature has stabilized, Pathfinder."
"Massive temperature drop detected, Pathfinder."
"Temperature is normal again, Pathfinder."
"Warning, sudden temperature drop."
"It's more cold than normal, Pathfinder."
"Temperature is normal again, Pathfinder."

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

3) Fix frequent crashes during scene transitions on Nexus.

Other than that, I have few issues with the game, and am very much enjoying it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 10:54 Creston

Clearly we need to exterminate all spiders BEFORE they figure out they can eat all of us.

I say we take off and nuke the planet from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

News Comments > Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists
2. Re: Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists Mar 29, 2017, 10:52 Creston

If I had a ballot, I'd put Donkey Kong, FF7, Solitaire and Myst in there.

Donkey Kong was probably one of the most iconic arcade cabinets of all time.

FF7 was groundbreaking at the time it came out, with the way it used polygons and 3d scenery, and it ushered in a new age of games.

Solitaire has been played by roughly 7 billion people.

And Myst, for whatever reason, was an iconic game that shifted umpteen million PCs.

The rest were good games (in many cases better than the four previously listed), but really didn't have that much of an influence or were just iterations on stuff that came before.

I could be persuaded for a case for Wii sports.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
9. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 28, 2017, 22:17 Creston

How are you guys getting 13 and 8 bucks from GOG??? It's showing 20 for me...

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
7. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 21:43 Creston

Has anyone played the BG enhanced editions? Were they any good?

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 27, 2017, 19:08 Creston

Wander across one of Andromeda's worlds before terraforming its hazards and SAM will warn you repeatedly for entering and then exiting an area of slight cold, heat, or radioactivity. This will happen every time you enter one of these areas, and then every time you leave.

Ugh, don't fucking remind me. It's been a blessing to be on a planet with no environmental hazards. How on God's green earth did NOBODY fucking mention this in testing, Bioware? Or did Mac just sit there with his dick in his ears again, pretending he knew best?

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 27, 2017, 12:16 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 11:00:
Gamestop being a giant pile of shit with terrible prices probably also had something to do with it.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. "Gamestop's shitty customer service killed 150 Gamestop stores."

Let's all shed a tear for poor, poor Gamestop. While you're doing that, would you like to pre-order a Scorpio, or trade in your copy of Zelda for $6 in "get pissed in your mouth and like it" credits?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 20:26 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 19:19:
Millions of people across the globe are eating "beaver butt" and don't even know that they're consuming such a substance.

Oh goddamn, AZ, I did not need to know that!

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
1. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 26, 2017, 12:31 Creston

Looks cool, would depend heavily on price whether I'll get it. And since Blizzard has been about MO MONEY in everything lately, I'm fairly worried it's going to be expensive.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2017, 10:54 Creston

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 01:38:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 23:35:
Sempai wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 22:28:
As far as i'm aware Amazon doesn't have a presence here in Utah, and we're paying tax on every transaction.. How does that work?

You can blame your local government for that:

"Effective January 1, 2017, the Internet sales behemoth will begin collecting Utahís state sales tax. Itís part of an agreement between Amazon and the Utah State Tax Commission. Amazon will collect both Utahís 4.7 percent sales tax rate and local option sales taxes, the commission has said. "

FOUR POINT SEVEN?! And you're complaining?! It's more than double that here. >:/

Last I checked, sales tax was 21% in the Netherlands, so it could always be significantly worse.

28508 Comments. 1426 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo