Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27300 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
54. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 7, 2016, 20:18 Creston

I've just modded all the values myself. It's pretty easy to find all the interesting stuff in the .ini files, as all options are very specifically named. I think I found everything I wanted in like 30 minutes or so.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2016, 19:43 Creston

If Peyton keeps going 3 and out in 12 seconds every time he gets the ball, his defense is going to be dead by the third quarter.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
24. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 19:16 Creston

I have no trouble with the turn-based parts, I rarely get injured (admittedly, I gave myself four more turns in each mission, which helps.)

It was the geomap that just drove me insane. Fifteen thousand things all wanting your attention at the same time, and everything takes ten years to complete.

All gone now, though. Woot being able to mod stuff the way you want it.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2016, 19:30.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed
11. Re: Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed Feb 7, 2016, 19:12 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 15:19:
We'll see how much they reform it.

I see what you did there!

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed
10. Re: Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed Feb 7, 2016, 19:10 Creston

A campaign could be very cool, as long as it's meaty and of a good length, and not the usual five hour Call of Duty "watch the cutscenes and occasionally we'll let you hit a button" shit.

Considering the dev, I'm not holding my breath.

52. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 7, 2016, 19:09 Creston

Bless these guys for making their game so easily moddable. I've modded all my personal annoyances out of the game (or at least minimized them), and now I'm having a blast.

Wheeeee

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 7, 2016, 14:32 Creston

Microsoft to world: "Fuck you."

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Feb 7, 2016, 14:27 Creston

Sweeeeeet. Time to buy a 360 copy!

48. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 6, 2016, 21:21 Creston

I really don't like how harried everything is on the geomap. Everything takes 5-7 days to scan, and every five hours you get a notification about something else, and more missions, and the resistance council whining at you, etc etc etc. You never get the chance to do anything.

And then the Doomsday clock. It advances by one point every week, and I finally go do a mission to reset it, and it takes one point off the clock? ONE FUCKING POINT????

Ugh.

Time to mod.

43. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 6, 2016, 13:14 Creston

Btw, if any of you are running into a "one or more components cannot be found. Please reinstall the application" error when trying to run the mod tools, follow these instructions: (Courtesy of nickkeane in this thread )

You need to install Visual Studio Isolated Shell 2013. When the SDK is installed, it fails to execute the included installer. There's also installation documentation in the XCOM 2 SDK folder in Steam that gives you steps to set up a basic mod. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=40764

There should also be a shell installer in the XCOM 2 SDK folder at Binaries\Redist\vs_isoshell.exe if you want to use that, or you can use the above download. Running UE3Redist.exe is probably also important if you don't have Unreal Engine 3 SDK installed.

Once you can get the VS 2013 shell launched, you need to go to "Tools - Options - XCOM 2" and point Install directory to the XComGame folder in your XCOM 2 (the actual game's) installation's location in Steam commons, and the User directory should point to the XComGame folder in the XCOM 2 Development Tools (XCOM 2 SDK) install directory.

I ran both installers, and the Modbuddy fired right up after that. Of course, I have no idea what the hell to do in it, but eh.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Verizon doesn't count, Netflix does. Feb 6, 2016, 12:07 Creston

Which is exactly the very definition of violating net neutrality.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 6, 2016, 00:31 Creston

Solid Xcom 2 review. The difficulty can definitely be grueling, especially with the (imo) ridiculous mission timers that you have now. As I had predicted, they make the turn-based combat sections all about luck rather than tactics, as you almost HAVE to run out like an idiot to get to your goal, which will lead you to getting flanked and ganked and mercilessly murdered.

Fortunately, there are already several mods out which both make the time limit less annoying (8 turns my fucking ass, Firaxis) or just completely disable it.

So, be warned. It is definitely more difficult than the first one. I already have 8 soldiers in the infirmary, and no resources to recruit more. Ie, failed campaign.

Sigh.

Guess I'll start another.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition Launches
3. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Extended Edition Launches Feb 6, 2016, 00:06 Creston

It is insanely awesome of them to offer the extra campaign for free to all owners. I would have actually gladly paid like 10 bucks for it.  

29. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 19:58 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 18:24:
Remember you can build a barricade of ramen noodles to protect you from the outside world!

Good luck with the job sir!

Thanks

Anyone know if the mod tools are out already, and if so, where to find them/get them?

Edit: nm, found them, I keep forgetting about the Tools section in Steam.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2016, 20:07.

23. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 18:20 Creston

True...

News Comments > Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups
29. Re: Mirror’s Edge Catalyst Closed Beta Signups Feb 5, 2016, 16:33 Creston

Rhialto wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 10:18:
If they want better sales they should, and they know this! But why they think limiting distribution to their platform is better is a mystery.

Not really.

The amount of sales lost due to it being Origin exclusive clearly outweigh not having to fork over 30% of their revenue to Valve. Otherwise EA wouldn't keep sticking with Origin.

In the end, I have games on my desktop, and when I double click them, some of them open Steam, and others open Origin. It's really 6 of one, half a dozen of the other to me, but of course to each their own.

On topic: I very much enjoyed the first one, but I have to say that the 'combat' in this one (Ie, the crappy first person martial arts they've put in) looks very off to me.

21. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 16:24 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 16:00:
Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 13:14:
I was SO tempted to play for a bit last night at 11, but I remained strong and got some actual sleep before work.

Now I can't wait to get home.

I don't know who are you are anymore Creston. Please drop off your gamer card off at the front desk on your way out.

Tsk Tsk.

Someone who is trying to get hired on Full Time at his current place of employment.

15. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 14:07 Creston

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 13:33:
I'm surprised Total Biscuit already beat a campaign. Is it really short or something? I heard one podcaster say 10-13 hours. I assume it is shorter because there is a countdown mechanic for the campaign.

You could finish the first Xcom in about 15 hours if you just stuck to the story missions and did little of the side stuff. There really were only like 7 or 8 main missions.

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2016, 13:54 Creston

Sepharo wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 23:46:
Did you watch it? He's taking the 5th on stuff that he doesn't really need too.

Yeah, I wouldn't take Congress' word on that either. It seemed like a whole lot of "trust us, the DA won't use this against you! It's perfectly fine to answer this innocuous question!" to me.

The trolling description is being applied because of the smirking, eye rolling, and comments like, "I'll take my counsels advice over yours."

But you're right, he totally can do that. But pleading the fifth while being a grinning twat, yeah I'd consider that trolling.

Boohoo. Poor Congress.

News Comments > DOOM in May
53. Re: DOOM in May Feb 5, 2016, 13:16 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 23:58:
I've never been sure how to pronounce it - is it "cake-o demon?" I'm sure that's not right...just something that stuck with me from the 90s.

It's Ca as in Cafe, then Ko demon. Cacodemon.
(edit : Grumpy Sod's word is even better. And yes, we will get the resurrecting missile bastards. It's right in this video, even. )

27300 Comments. 1365 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo