Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29325 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization May 10, 2017, 10:45 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on May 10, 2017, 09:58:
Incase phone in fragile glass, isn't that beautiful.

Buy MANDATORY ugly rubber box to protect it.

Yep, basically. Without a case, this is a $300 repair bill waiting to happen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 10:43 Creston

It was stupid of them to focus on 4K anyway. Like 12% of the market has a 4K TV. They should have gone with "look at how freaking AMAZING games look on the PS4 pro/Scorpio at 1080P" and just turned on every single possible bell and whistle while running at a rock solid 60fps.

Nope. Instead make the games run shitty at upscaled 4K. Brilliant.

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Fallen Faction Details
2. Re: Endless Space 2 Fallen Faction Details May 10, 2017, 10:41 Creston

The idea for this faction is really cool, but wouldn't they get stuck in a single solar system?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 10:25 Creston

new multiplayer content is continuing to be released and new content arriving overall more regularly

Ehm, what? Where is this new multiplayer content of yours that's supposedly being released? Because we still have the same maps, the same rotating four weekend missions (For which everyone has already received the rewards so they've now become completely freaking pointless), and the same characters.

Where are the new maps? The new weapons? The new classes? New enemies? Higher difficulties? (The way people are cutting through Gold right now is incredible. In ME3, only like 13% of gold matches were successful. I have yet to fail in a gold mission in Andromeda. Admittedly not because I'm that great at it, but there are players out there to whom Gold just seems like it's bronze.)

It took ME3 a while to get to that level, of course, but it's been a HUGE step back to go from ~ 20 maps and God knows how many classes to the limited pool of stuff we have now. Of course, re-releasing the same thing but without all the extras that it used to have before is the #1 M.O. of EA, so I don't even know why it would be so surprising.

In any case, stop lying to your investors (isn't that illegal??) and actually release something.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 10:20 Creston

Console owners not interested in tech arms race? Whodathunkit?

Maybe because if you're going to be spending 500 bucks every two years for the latest greatest new console, you might as well be buying a PC and upgrading it?

3. Re: Evening Mobilization May 10, 2017, 08:59 Creston

Every phone will go to a full glass front, as that's "the new thing."

The problem with the S8 is that the ENTIRE phone is covered in glass. Front, sides and back.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 9, 2017, 21:42 Creston

Yep. I got one from work, and it DEFINITELY needs a good, strong case if you're at all prone to dropping phones.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak?
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak? May 9, 2017, 21:37 Creston

? I read about it being set in Egypt and saw screenshots somewhere a few weeks ago. Not sure why Eurogamer thinks it's massive news.

In any case, Egypt could be very cool. Apparently there's very little Assassins vs Templars around either. Maybe they'll finally ditch the BS modern world crap too.

News Comments > New BioWare IP Delayed
3. Re: New BioWare IP Delayed May 9, 2017, 21:36 Creston

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Wake me when you guys go back to making actually great games.

News Comments > Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs
13. Re: Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs May 9, 2017, 11:44 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on May 8, 2017, 20:08:
Creston wrote on May 8, 2017, 10:32:
I may reinstall just to drive with those double-trailers. Because it seems absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to reverse a rig like that...

I deal with quite a few trailers at Amazon, and I've yet to see someone try to back one up.

I've seen a few drivers have some marginal success with it, but typically it's a "line everything up right, then drive backwards very, very carefully, and reset about every 10 feet."

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
1. Re: Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released May 9, 2017, 11:36 Creston

To celebrate, they announce a Digital Anniversary Edition of the game which bundles the game and its three expansions.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Been holding off on buying it because there was no bundled version.

Edit : Oh, it's literally just buying all the individual packs at once and paying the same price. Eh.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 8, 2017, 22:09 Creston

Gotta admit, that trailer definitely has me looking forward to it.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 8, 2017, 22:05 Creston

It's not as good as Dragonfall, but Hong Kong is still an excellent RPG. Well recommended.

News Comments > Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs
2. Re: Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs May 8, 2017, 10:32 Creston

I may reinstall just to drive with those double-trailers. Because it seems absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to reverse a rig like that...

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. May 7, 2017, 21:21 Creston

"Were not a police force," he said. "This is a code of conduct. Member companies will be signing on to this. I dont see that we need to be more big brother than that. Were the only industry association that requires compliance to such a high degree... I find this to be a banner day for the industry, and Im really proud our members are willing to sign up for this."

Oooh lookithowamazingweare!

How are none of you fuckers in jail for this, since you're essentially committing fraud?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Alternative headline May 7, 2017, 14:03 Creston

Corp beancounters can't be bothered to do their jobs right.

News Comments > Prey Released
33. Re: Prey Released May 6, 2017, 12:31 Creston

Dacote wrote on May 6, 2017, 10:43:
Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 22:38:
Quinn wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:54:
Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:28:
Does it have 50 seconds of unskippable intro videos again? Does it feel the need to rebuild the shader cache on 7 out of 10 random start-ups?

Yeah remove those intro vids. Problem solved. No startup issues. Game runs flawlessly. You're in (edit: as in, PLAYING) within 15 secs on an SSD.

Alright, at least that works. In Dishonored 2 the videos are nowhere to be found (to be deleted.) :\
has fix for removing intro videos
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dishonored_2

Sweet, thanks! I'd seen the first fix (replace the videos with some empty ones downloaded from TrustUsWe'reNotShady.com) and didn't want to risk it, but apparently someone did finally find the command line argument to skip them.

Overall commentary on this game seems to be wildly positive, so I'll pick it up this summer.

29. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 22:38 Creston

Quinn wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:54:
Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:28:
Does it have 50 seconds of unskippable intro videos again? Does it feel the need to rebuild the shader cache on 7 out of 10 random start-ups?

Yeah remove those intro vids. Problem solved. No startup issues. Game runs flawlessly. You're in (edit: as in, PLAYING) within 15 secs on an SSD.

Alright, at least that works. In Dishonored 2 the videos are nowhere to be found (to be deleted.) :\

19. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 16:28 Creston

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2017, 15:11 Creston

NewMaxx wrote on May 5, 2017, 14:25:
The truth is people don't overclock properly.

Yep, that totally explains why people who don't overclock see the exact same issue. I'm glad you figured that out for them.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2017, 15:22.

29325 Comments. 1467 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo