Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27843 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Ashes of the Singularity Turtle Wars DLC
6. Re: Ashes of the Singularity Turtle Wars DLC Jun 17, 2016, 14:13 Creston

This actually sounds really cool. I LURVE turtling.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 17, 2016, 14:00 Creston

Iow, suck it, Oculus.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days
15. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 13:57 Creston

This makes no sense whatsoever. Windows 10 and Xbone means it's a UWA, and then after 90 days I guess they have to redo the whole thing as a regular (whateveritscalled) regular Windows version??? (Unless of course, the whole UWA bullshit is just that: bullshit, and there is NO reason you need W10 for it.)

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Video
24. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 16, 2016, 20:47 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 18:50:
I'm guessing right now that they find a way to reprogram a Milky Way relay to fire them at Andromeda blindly, and that the ship is designed to drop them out without a receiving relay or some other technical reason for the weird design. If I recall only the Asari had the potential skill to build relays and were keeping that secret until they were attacked so I doubt it's some kind of portable relay. Again, barring retconns.

Sounds plausible too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2016, 20:45 Creston

Blackhawk wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 17:56:
Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:21:
Health "science" at work.

Exactly! Good science is always double-checking itself and removing old, outdated conclusions from the books. The real problem is news outlets grabbing onto studies and publishing them out of context, leading people to believe that something that has been vaguely suggested by evidence has, in fact, been confirmed.

People then get bent out of shape when deeper studies are done which then counter that first conclusion.

It's fine to do follow up studies that find that the original conclusion was in error. It may even be fine to then do yet another study that maybe finds that the original conclusion was perhaps right after all.

But if you then flipflop three more times, such as the health science crowd has done over eggs, you're really just fucking around for the hell of it so you can get more grant money.

22. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 16, 2016, 17:45 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 16:56:
NegaDeath wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 16:13:
Fion wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 14:03:
And is it just me or has weapon & armor technology basically the same when the timeline has advanced hundreds of years. I get it, the ME 'look' is rather iconic, but you can keep the aesthetic without jarring the 'far flung future' experience.

The crew left the Milky Way sometime during the events of the previous series and has been in stasis for the centuries long journey, so their tech is at the same level when they left.
Considering the Andromeda galaxy is 2.5 million light years away, and according to here the ships in Mass Effect can travel at 50 times the speed of light...That means that it will take them roughly 50,000 years to reach Andromeda.

I just hope they found one HELL of a shortcut and carry plenty of road beers.

They're not FTL'ing to Andromeda. They can't by their own lore, as their FTL drives need planetary atmospheres to discharge in, otherwise the pent-up radiation fries the crew after a while. Since there are no planetary atmospheres to find for the large large large portion of that 2.5 million light years, there's no way they are FTL'ing, unless they are retconning their own lore (again.)

From the trailer, it seems more like they find/build (???) a massive ship that presumably has a mass effect gate system built into its drive system. (Someone actually said the ship looks a LOT like the Citadel, so maybe they're taking the Citadel? But then they'd have to set this story well after the conclusion of ME3.)

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
45. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 17:39 Creston

Dev wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 15:23:
Ok fine, since all the cool kids are doing it

It would take you...

15266 continuous hours

1 year,271 days,2 hours,57 minutes

of gameplay to complete your Steam library

Holy shit, dev. Only one who could beat that would be Prez.

44. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 17:37 Creston

MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:45:
I guess at the time (~2 weeks ago) it was a good deal, as it was higher everywhere else: Steam ($49.00) and other sites were no less than $34.99.

I forgot the season pass had gone up in price.

23. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:39 Creston

MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:31:
Is anyone familiar with www.GamesDeal.com? I don't know how 'truly' legit they are, but they seem to becoming more popular. I picked up FO4 Season Pass off their site a couple of weeks ago for $24.99. They have really good/aggressive pricing.

Never heard of them, but that's not really that much of a deal, is it? I got the season pass for 20 bucks from GMG when I pre-ordered the game.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
94. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 16, 2016, 13:36 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 09:38:
That's one thing I hate about the recent elder scrolls. The fact that you can be master of all guilds and be able to do all the quests. I think it's dumb and it makes the entire leveling up systems feel useless. I want to be refused some quests because of how I built my character. Let me start a new game where I'll make different choices and build my character a different way and experience a different game. Nowadays, every game is the same, there's no real reason to restart a new one and I HATE it. Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines did it right.

I will never understand this complaint. Flat out locking people out of parts of the content because they "made the wrong choice" is the most god-awful game design possible. It virtually guarantees that some people will just shut your game off, mutter "FUCK YOU!" to the dev, and never again buy something from them.

Why can't you just stop yourself from playing those quests? If I play a mage character in Skyrim, I do the College of Magic quests, and usually the Thieves Guild quests, and that's it. I don't join the Companions as a mage.

Similarly if I play a warrior type, I don't go joining the College of Magic. (other than getting access to it so I can get access to the vendor who sells Daedric Hearts.)

I rarely even play the main quests beyond a certain point. It's so easy to have different experiences in Skyrim (or other games) by just sticking to a build and a style yourself.

You seem incapable of just stopping yourself from gobbling up every available quest, then bitching that you got too fat. How about you actually just start a different game, build a character differently, and then play a different part of the game?

I know, I know, logic.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 16, 2016, 13:29 Creston

New console, same "nobody knows what the hell they are talking about" crap from MS.

20. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:28 Creston

MajorD wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 13:24:
Hmmmm....working through and completing all your games in your library as a full-time job. I wonder of that would be enjoyable, or become like a full-time job? It would be fun to see.

For a while I did a "I must finish two games from my old library before I am allowed to buy anything new" rule for myself. It did well for a few months and I got about 8 or 9 old titles played through, but then it just became aggravating. I wasn't even enjoying playing those games anymore, it felt more like I "had to", and it sucked.

In all honestly, I should be glad the Steam sales aren't that great anymore, as I need to be protected from myself...

17. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 16, 2016, 13:25 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 03:57:
well somehow the PC masters have invented space to planet seamless transitions. that'll really blow the minds of the console kiddies if this has them. i think it'll also really enhance the sense of exploration, seeing a planet go from faraway point to standing on its surface without any load screens.

Oh God, don't tease me.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that will be in Andromeda, but if it is, holy shit. I may never stop playing it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 16, 2016, 13:22 Creston

Don't worry, Chinese firm, the US will take your copyright complaints just as seriously as you take ours.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2016, 13:21 Creston

It causes cancer. It causes no cancer! Eggs are good for you! Eggs are bad for you! No, they're good!, No, now they're bad again! No, good again. No, bad! Beer is bad. No, a glass of beer is good! Wine is good! No, it's bad! No, it's good!

Health "science" at work.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Jun 16, 2016, 13:19 Creston

That's a LOT of fixes in W3. Dang. I've only got a few bugs, Marlene did indeed disappear in Corvo Bianco for me (eh, not sure what other purpose she served anyway), and my 1st extra skill slot won't unlock in NG+ after mutation (slots 2, 3, and 4 work fine however.)

Only got Aerondight last night, so not sure if it's not scaling properly or not.

16. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 13:12 Creston

I don't really even get excited for these anymore. The last couple have been kinda underwhelming, and for the next nine months there's so much coming out that even IF there was a great deal on the few games I'd still like to add, I wouldn't have time to play it for the next year anyway.

/old man forlorn mumbling.

7. Re: Into the Black Jun 15, 2016, 23:06 Creston

Rhett wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 21:41:
I hope they bring back ME3 multiplayer too. That was so fun.

They had confirmed the same form of mp, only expanded, a long time ago during one of their first announcements of Andromeda. Whether that's remained the same, I don't know, but I assume so. The MP packs made them a lot of money, so I doubt EA will let them drop it.

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
25. Re: Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch Jun 15, 2016, 21:03 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 20:35:
Come on Creston ya know ya want to play!

And I promise to not push ya off any ledges

Ain't got no time, homie. Too much shit to play already!

1. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Video Jun 15, 2016, 20:32 Creston

Too little to get too excited about, but it looks good.

27843 Comments. 1393 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo