Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28200 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 15:36 Creston

People will never stop preordering, so whatever, but the idea is sound.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
1. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 30, 2016, 21:26 Creston

Haha, it looks pretty fun.

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
35. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 30, 2016, 20:35 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 19:52:
Sorry, to clarify, they technically bought both, but what made it a multibillion dollar offer was the brand, not the people.

Oh, okay, I just misunderstood.

32. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 30, 2016, 17:55 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 09:30:
That is what Microsoft bought. If it bought the company, Notch would have come with it, even if he wasn't very hands-on anymore. But that wasn't what Microsoft was interested in.

Uh...

Mojang is now part of MS and still exists. Notch just quit. I don't know where you get the idea from that MS just bought Minecraft?

As for comparing Witcher 3 to Skyrim, Skyrim has had a ridiculously long tail, sales wise, due to its massive modding community. I think Witcher 3 kept pretty good pace with it for the first 9-12 months.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2016, 17:50 Creston

MajorD wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 16:56:
Hi Blue. I'm sure this has been brought up in the past, but I was curious if you have ever considered and/or will add an option for spoiler/hide text to reduce wall of text, which would allow a reader to click on the <Spoiler> or <Hide> button if they were interested in reading further.

I have been curious about that for here.

What, you mean like this ?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2016, 17:43 Creston

descender wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 16:03:
How many jobs did your tax haven actually create in Ireland
6000. Apple is actually the largest private employer in Cork, Ireland... but don't let that stop you from ranting!

HOT DAMN! 6000? Omg, every country in the world should stand in line to get 6000 jobs created in exchange for 14 billions of dollars in taxes! That's the fucking deal of the century. But fair enough, that's more than the article alluded to when they said that Apple's Main HQ in Ireland is a paper shell company.

Maybe you misunderstood the original piece but Apple essentially did nothing wrong here. Ireland gave out tax exemptions to a private company which is expressly forbidden by EU law. Apple didn't force Ireland to do this...

Technically they did nothing wrong, no. A company should use every loophole to dodge as much taxes as it possibly can. Whether Apple and others greased a few palms here and there (Because man is that prime minister screaming loud about having to get 14 billion dollars in back taxes) to nudge nudge wink wink Ireland into making these sweet deals for large corporations, we'll leave in the middle, as well as whether it's right for them to keep dodging their taxes around until they pay 0.0005%. Seems legit.

This has nothing to do with Tim Cook or Apple. This ruling puts every "sovereign law" in every country in the EU up for debate. It essentially states that unless the EU "approves" your local laws they don't mean a damn thing.

Yeah, and? This is the EU's M.O. What, is this news to people or something? European law has been shitting on local laws since its inception in 1992. It's the whole reason there was a brexit to begin with.

For Apple to protest EU sovereignty, as if they give a single flying shit about that, is the height of comedy. I guess he can't come out and say "14 billion bucks? WHAT THE FUCK?!" But hey, if you want to believe that he genuinely cares, more power to you.

Let's all join Apple and have a moment of silence for the death of European sovereignty.

/shakeyfist Tim Cook *rabble rabble* Am i doing this right?

No, but keep trying.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2016, 17:49.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2016, 15:26 Creston

So yay, Apple must pay Ireland, where they employ like 8 people, 15 billion dollars. the US gets zero dollars.

This would strike a devastating blow to the sovereignty of EU member states over their own tax matters, and to the principle of certainty of law in Europe.

Yes, because Tim Cook cares so much about the sovereignty of EU member states. Toolbag.

Beyond the obvious targeting of Apple, the most profound and harmful effect of this ruling will be on investment and job creation in Europe.

Hahahahahaha. Job creation. How many jobs did your tax haven actually create in Ireland, Tim Cook??

*crickets*

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2016, 15:36.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2016, 15:24 Creston

But it's frustrating that a game still messes up its own registry. Perhaps the stuttering only impacts a minority of users and the default is better for most? One can only hope.

Nah, they had actually fixed that bug in the original DE:HR, and then it just came back for the Director's Cut, which they never patched. So... blergh. Crappy publisher is crappy.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 30, 2016, 15:22 Creston

I had honestly totally forgotten about Limit Theory. Ah well.

News Comments > New Intel CPUs Revealed
10. Re: New Intel CPUs Revealed Aug 30, 2016, 15:21 Creston

Performance schmermormance, hopefully the release of Kaby Lake will lower the prices on Skylake CPUs.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 29, 2016, 21:51 Creston

Some kind of mega FO4 patch is downloading. I'm guessing the last DLC?

8. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 29, 2016, 21:50 Creston

Wooo! Congrats CDPR.

Now can we have Cyberpunk 2077, please? And then pleeeeease more games with Geralt? PLEEEAASSEE

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2016, 08:50 Creston

Vall Forran wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 21:49:
I tend to agree with the "why more fighters question?" Russia and China are bypassing jets and focusing on missiles that cannot be detected. I read an article where US admirals have laughed it off because the range of the missiles isn't very far.

Err, Russian and China are bypassing jets? Yeah, not really. China is hard at work on its own Gen 5 stealth fighter, prototypes of which are already flying, and Russia is heavily adapting the existing SUs to at least some type of parity with the F-22. (or trying to, anyway.)

Our existing fighters can wreck the shit out of Afghanistan. I don't really see the USA having sorties with other first world tech countries.

That's very short-sighted, and not really based in any kind of geo-political reality. A NATO member shot down a Russian jet just nine months ago. Thinking you're going to be fighting guys on goats and thus you don't need to upgrade your badly aging arsenal is a very quick way to find yourself badly outclassed in any future scenario.

That said, the F-35 is the kind of complete idiocy that only our "Money is infinite!" military can come up with.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 21:48 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 21:19:
When Matt Damon says his new movie is the best movie he's ever made, do you get furious if it isn't as good as whatever movie of his you like best?

I'd imagine if Matt Damon says that his movie is "going to have five real car chases, a threesome with Scarlet Johanssen and Kate Upton, and a skyscraper shootout that will make Die Hard look like a Teletubbies episode! It will redefine the entire action genre!" and when his movie comes out there's no action and it's basically Tootsie II, people would probably be pretty pissed, yeah.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
46. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 21:44 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 20:32:
ninemil wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 20:14:
The Defence Force is out, I see.

Says the mirrors edge defender...

Hey, Mirror's edge is a damn fine game. There's a bit too much collecting stuff and too few missions, but other than that it's a ton of fun. Anyone who liked the first one would love Catalyst, imo.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Videos
3. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 28, 2016, 14:08 Creston

in 1080p and up to 60 FPS*

*25fps on Xbox One.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 27, 2016, 22:06 Creston

"Hey, you know that game we made you pay $60 to beta test? Yeah, we don't know how to fix it, so would you mind coming over here and showing us? We'll throw in a hot pocket!"

News Comments > Halo 5: Forge PC Specs
20. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 27, 2016, 22:01 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 18:03:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 13:21:
This is basically the most retarded thing MS has done, and this is the company that gave us such things as Windows ME, Vista, 8 and the Win10 anniversary update which broke (estimated) a large majority of all webcams in the world.
Ah, so that's what fucked up my webcam. And it's a bloody Microsoft webcam and all. That and Microsoft auto-installed the Skype preview, which is an abomination.

Microsoft can fuck right off!

Wait until you read how they fucking broke it.

(basically: "Hey, we completely redid how webcams are handled in Windows without ever mentioning it, and we also really just had no clue most webcams work with compression, and our brand new method can't handle compression, so, yeah, uh... we broke it! Teehee!" )

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2016, 13:39 Creston

Reposting from yesterday's OOtblack, if a game on Steam won't run and says there's an update, but refuses to update, try switching to a european download server.

It happened to me with Deus Ex. after downloading the patch from a european server, it worked (phew.)

1. We know we're not doing enough Aug 27, 2016, 13:33 Creston

In the meantime, cough up 200 bucks to get your car back.

Fuck you, Philadelphia.

"We want to find out the best way that as a city government, we can help bring in the solution."

How about you send the cops to go arrest that fucking piece of shit, you twat-ass bint?

28200 Comments. 1410 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo