Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27587 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases
13. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases May 4, 2016, 13:04 Creston

I'm guessing the Doom preorders aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month
4. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 4, 2016, 13:03 Creston

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2016, 13:01:
Shouldn't it be Fah Hahbah?

OW-AH HAHBAH IS BETTAH THAN YOU-AH HAHBAH!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month
3. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 4, 2016, 13:03 Creston

The "save in beds only" thing is insane. Bethesda's games are nowhere near stable enough to enforce such a thing. (To be fair, FO4 has only crashed for me maybe four or five times in 200+ hours of playtime, but even so, I'd absolutely HATE to lose progress because of it...)

I wonder if the console save still works. I imagine it does.

In any case, I'm excited for Far Harbor. I hope it's raised the difficulty level, but not in the way that Point Lookout did (which just gave enemies truly ridiculous amount of health. You'd headshot one with a .50 cal sniper rifle, and their health bar would drop maybe 5%. That's just absolutely pathetic design...)

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
14. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 3, 2016, 23:44 Creston

Let's hope it'll be cool. Dark Crusade was an absolutely fantastic game.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews May 3, 2016, 13:01 Creston

"We can only rehash the same 'shoot the brown people in a sandbox of a country' theme so many times, you know?"

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 2, 2016, 23:19 Creston

"Noooooooooooooooo!"

- a shocked world.

{/sarcasm}

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
39. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 18:26 Creston

Avus wrote on May 2, 2016, 18:25:
Who would have thought CoD has space battle and that stupidly overpriced POS Star Wars eye candy from E fxxking A doesn't?

Also this is the BF:2142 successor that EA/Dice never want to make...

I doubt that space battle is playable, though.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2016, 18:16 Creston

BobBob wrote on May 2, 2016, 17:05:
Cutter wrote on May 2, 2016, 13:50:
The lesson here is...don't live in fucking Utah.

Maybe .. but the canyons are stunning! For example: my favorite. Thumbsup

Yeah, Utah is gorgeous. Too bad there's so many Uta...ns? living there.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
37. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 17:39 Creston

Tachikoma wrote on May 2, 2016, 17:08:
Eh, Duty-Schmuty.

Leicester just won the Premiership.

(I know you don`t get it on the Yankside, but this is big. Very big)

Oh no, it's so big that it's been mentioned quite a few times here, on most (if not all) sports sites/blogs.

OT: It looks like the only way to get the CoD4 remaster is to buy their newest 2Kxx version? :\

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Government wants fingerprints to unlock phones May 2, 2016, 13:18 Creston

Because then they can just force you to unlock your phone by manhandling you.

The fact that they STILL don't understand that this whole Rush to Encryption is their own fault just speaks volumes about the kind of people that "serve" in government.

18. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 13:10 Creston

Raven Software?!! o_O

They're still around!

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 1, 2016, 15:45 Creston

They'll probably go back to charging everyone by the text again then too.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Re: Evening Metaverse May 1, 2016, 00:04 Creston

rudra wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 23:15:
the punisher casting was fucking spot on - that dude was born for the role... like they fucking lifted him out of a comic

also really looking forward to that - daredevil was good, but way way too much emo posturing and go-getter sidekick bullshit for my tastes.. elektra was cool tho, and of course the punisher

looking forward to The Iron Fist most of all...

Yeah it's funny that in Daredevil's own show (spoiler text) I kept agreeing with Punisher and Elektra over Matt every single time. His way is fighting is so stupidly inefficient, at least with Frank and Elektra, their opponents STAY DOWN!

Iron Fist should be pretty fun. Not so sure about Luke Cage, though. He was bland as shit in Jessica Jones...

News Comments > Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters
29. Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 23:58 Creston

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 15:38:
Oh boy, somebody in 2016 still rides the ol` straw horse? Somebody pinch me. It was always the get-go wisecrack for lame forum warriors but come on, it`s beyond tedious. Ask a smarter cousin, he might lend you a new toy, some sort of plastic saber to rattle here, perhaps.

Yes, yes, you make a comment like a moron, I call you on it, and then it's the old standard "oh that's like sooooo lame lulz!" Jesus Christ, are you 14?

What has Quake to do with Ubisoft? Nothing. Maybe because my comment meant to point out that people were always cheating and companies were never able to wipe it out.

I don't think they can ever completely wipe it out, no. But you could start by having the server make all the important decisions, rather than let the client do that. Because if you let the client do it, you'll have rampant cheating. Guess which way Ubisoft rolled?

But hey, you got your lil` TRUSTED CLIENT MODEL 111111!1 to jerk off to, so let`s not interrupt that bit of fun before bedtime, shall we?

Sharp little comeback there. Then again, posting retarded bullshit seems to be about all you're capable of doing, so eh.

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 15:20 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 04:14:
  • ‘The Punisher’ Marvel Series Ordered By Netflix.

• I have to admit that i'm apparently the last human on earth that hasn't watched the Daredevil series on Netflix but I WILL watch the Punisher series. I know most people didn't like the last movie (The Punisher: War Zone). But the scene where he's holding the kid in his arms and then blows the guys face completely off with a shotgun was absolutely PRICELESS. THAT, is film making at it's best.

Watch Daredevil. The Punisher is AWESOME in DD season 2. A series like that will be the shizz.

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 15:19 Creston

I gotta admit, that was a pretty awful trailer.

Ghostbusters was a funny movie, but the characters IN the movie treated it seriously. There were still jokes, but it wasn't just a constant running laugh-gag.

This is going to bomb hard.

News Comments > Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters
    23. Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 15:16 Creston

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 14:52:
    And of course, there was no cheating back in Quake days. No sir. Not at all. All honest folks and companies, back then.

That's right son, you kick that little straw man. YOU KICK THAT LITTLE FUCKER HARD!

What does Quake have to do with Ubisoft making the dumb-ass decision to build a multiplayer game with a TRUSTED CLIENT MODEL??

News Comments > Quantum Break Patch
    4. Re: Quantum Break Patch Apr 30, 2016, 15:06 Creston

This game and the size of this patch are both just extremely unfunny jokes.

We are aware that some players are facing issues with the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break

Stuttering Frame-Rate / Frame Pacing
    There was a major rounding error introduced into our refresh rate predictions on shipping.

So it wasn't just SOME players then, was it?

Render technique and resolution on Windows 10
    The Windows 10 version of Quantum Break uses the same reconstruction method as on Xbox One. If your resolution is set to 1080p, the game temporally reconstructs the image (except UI) from four 720p buffers rendered with 4xMSAA, just like on Xbox One. Engine assigns input geometry samples from 4xMSAA rendering into shaded clusters in order to maximize covered geometry while keeping the performance on acceptable level by reducing expensive shaded samples. When you change the resolution, the buffers used to construct the image are always 2/3rds of the set resolution, i.e. in 2560x1440 they would be 1706x960.

o_O Wut? I don't even... wut?

Edit: read one part of that wrong.
    This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2016, 15:26.

News Comments > DOOM Single-Player Video
    58. Re: DOOM Single-Player Video Apr 30, 2016, 09:46 Creston

descender wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 16:19:
    Creston- They do state that this is a completely optional feature. If you don't press the "glory kill" button it won't ever happen. I think the "indicator option" is just that, but to engage a glory kill you have to press the actual button for it (or not). The way they were discussing it led me to believe that it won't be necessary to press that button to complete the game.

That's good news. Thanks man!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2016, 09:42 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 16:01:
    descender wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 13:39:
    So you're $60 in on another space game already? What is the space-sim equivalent of methadone, we need to get a hold of some for you.

Ask Creston. We tried having an intervention once.... he tried to nuke us from orbit.

Hey man, it's the only way to be sure.

27587 Comments. 1380 pages. Viewing page 37.
    < Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo