Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27302 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics
1. Re: EA Asks About Interest in Dragon Age Tactics Feb 20, 2016, 13:25 Creston

I wanted to vote Only on PC, but I refuse to sign up for the tardery that is Twitter. So Bioware, if any of you still read here, this is one vote for Only On PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
2. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 20, 2016, 13:23 Creston

Is anyone having framerate issues during the actual game, or just in the transfer scenes, like I am?

I honestly don't even care about the FPS drops in the transfer scenes. Be nice if they fixed them, but eh. I'd much rather see them spend time on tweaking the 'random' map generator, so it stops really just generating one kind of map that just looks different.

News Comments > Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY
27. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 16:35 Creston

Xcom 2 bores me already, to be honest.

Procedurally generated maps are great, but not if EVERY SINGLE MISSION GENERATED follows the exact same generation procedure. Your target is always exactly one block away, with a building in between you and it. That it looks sort of different from time to time is absolutely pointless, since it's still just "pass one building to the next one." and that's the whole map.

That's not even mentioning the six Avatar Project maps which are all literally the same building sitting just outside a raised area so that you can stand on the ledge and snipe everything.

I liked the maps of EU/EW better. At least there was some variety.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 14:13 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 13:41:
Apple is saying it is impossible for them to decrypt it. The way the security and encryption was designed even they can't bypass the locks to the data. The DOJ wants to brute force the password but there are security measures in the software to resist that, including long intervals between attempts and an auto-wipe if attempted too many times. The DOJ wants Apple to write a custom OS that removes those checks.

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks!

And of course, then there's the Senator who wants to make following due process illegal Ex Post Facto.

"The Constitution? Oh, you mean that list of 27 things we're sworn to pretend doesn't exist?"

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 11:55 Creston

While I am in no way, shape or form on the government's side in this story, there is one thing that puzzles me:

Is it POSSIBLE to decrypt this iPhone, or not? Apple kept saying that it was impossible to do, so the government demands a back door which Apple rightfully refuses to do. However, there seem to be hints that writing a custom firmware for the phone will actually still allow it to be decrypted. If so, isn't that already a back door?

And if so, if there already IS a back door, albeit a complicated one, why refuse to decrypt the phone? That stance really makes little sense anymore at that point. I can see their stance if it's genuinely impossible, but otherwise... might as well decrypt it, since you've already let the genie out of the box anyway.

News Comments > Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY
13. Re: Fallout 4 D.I.C.E. GotY Feb 19, 2016, 11:48 Creston

I quite enjoy FO4, but GotY is a complete and utter joke. Witcher 3 and MGS5 are both so much better it's not even funny. They might as well just admit "Look, Bethesda gave us the most money."

Congratulations, FO4. You won the "My publisher paid the most money for this award" award.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free Weekend
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 19, 2016, 09:57 Creston

LiTh wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 05:50:
My complaint of this game is that it is just ridiculously easy to succeed. It offers nowhere near the challenge of SimCity4 (the last real sim city).

What were your guys take on the difficulty curve? I know its quite popular and well received here at Blues.

Well, what's your definition of "succeed"? If you're talking about just being in positive cash flow, then yes.

If you're talking about having your entire town running well, no traffic issues, no unhappiness issues etc, it's quite a bit more challenging, imo. The traffic especially requires quite some fiddling to get moving properly. (I REALLY wish we could place our own intersections, rather than hoping the game will randomly pick what I need to be there...)

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
7. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Feb 19, 2016, 09:13 Creston

NetHead wrote on Feb 19, 2016, 01:16:
SirKnight wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 23:21:
It's going to be weird and unfortunate that I won't get to use a sniper rifle, rocket/grenade launcher, flamethrower or other crazy weapon...but this game still looks pretty interesting to me.

I'm sure there will be a rockette-launcher

Hehehe.

I commend Ubi for at least taking some chances with one of their prime franchises, but I'm not really sure I'll get this. Not really my thing.

News Comments > Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed
12. Re: Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed Feb 18, 2016, 17:23 Creston

John de Lancie: Human Emperor
Michael Dorn: Narrator

Q AND WORF!!!!

Anyway, it looks brilliant. When is this due?

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Launches Snowfall Expansion & Adds Free Editor
11. Re: Cities: Skylines Launches Snowfall Expansion & Adds Free Editor Feb 18, 2016, 17:22 Creston

It looks very cool, actually.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress Trailer
1. Re: Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress Trailer Feb 18, 2016, 12:31 Creston

Looks like it could be a lot of fun. Which is something the game sorely needs.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2016, 10:20 Creston

The whole book to me seems like Shatner going "Hey, I can write a book about how I felt about Leonard now that he's dead, and make some money!"

It just screams tacky to me.

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
33. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 17, 2016, 22:37 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 19:34:
"Now, now, let's not bicker and argue about 'oo killed 'oo. This is supposed to be a happy occasion!"

You can't really blame Warren for that. He had to play the PR game. It's not like he could have come right out and said, 'Look, MS drove a dumptruck full of money to the office so the game has to work for the Xbox.'

Hehehe. So true. I loved all the Iraqi Spokesman memes that got blasted all over their forums at the time "Deus Ex has not been dumbed down!"

25. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 17, 2016, 17:28 Creston

Squirmer wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 16:19:
It was "one city block", and he said it would be interesting, not the best thing ever.

It doesn't really matter, but I'm pretty sure he said it the way I did, but he did so on the Ion Storm forum once when people were (rightfully) complaining about the prospect of the maps for Ex Deus:IW being tiny and shitty because they had to fit in the shitty 64MB of memory of the shitty Xbox. He was basically going "Oh, the size of the map doesn't matter!"

Except it really kind of did, since most of Ex Deus:IW's maps were... shitty.

He might have changed the saying later.

But I give more credit to Harvey Smith for the "immersive simness" of Deus Ex, so who knows what Spector will do with this game.

Those are fighting words around here... Harvey Smith. Aka Mr "Unified Ammo."

(Though I'll give him credit for Dishonored, as Dishonored is pretty awesome.)

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2016, 17:34.

10. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 17, 2016, 14:29 Creston

Drayth wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:49:
Spector? I just *met* her!

:-groan-: You! OUT!

9. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 17, 2016, 14:28 Creston

Should be good, as long as Warren stops with his nonsensical "I'll make a one room RPG and it'll be the best thing you've ever played!" mantra.

News Comments > Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump
48. Re: Fallout 4 DLC Plans; Season Pass Price Jump Feb 17, 2016, 12:37 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:56:
Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 11:45:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 10:23:
It's my clear GOTY.

I very much enjoy FO4, but GOTY over Witcher 3? No.

Witcher 3 is a 7.5 for me. Great story, dialogue and choices and graphics. Horrible combat and movement, boring exploration, annoying "in your face" side missions, bad progression system. I got really bored and annoyed with it mid-game and just set the difficulty to easy and quickly completed the main quest.

You are a very, very bad person!!!

News Comments > Street Fighter V Fixes and Features Planned
4. Re: Street Fighter V Fixes and Features Planned Feb 17, 2016, 12:36 Creston

Nullity wrote on Feb 17, 2016, 12:21:
Resolution Switching – current design requires users to cycle through each in-between resolution setting in order to arrive at a resolution of their choice. We’ll look into making this process much simpler and less time consuming in the future.

What the...? How was this even a thing?

Because Capcom has no idea what a PC is, what it does, or how to program for it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. "No One's Emails Are Safe" Feb 17, 2016, 11:47 Creston

"The FBI/NSA conglomerate reads all of them. Better not say anything bad about us either!"

News Comments > The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards
1. Re: The Division Free With NVIDIA Cards Feb 17, 2016, 11:46 Creston

Wow... great...

27302 Comments. 1366 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo