Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30168 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2017, 13:27 Creston

It's a done deal. Ajit Pai is a fucking sociopath who doesn't give a shit that he will actively make life worse for 350 million people. When assholes like that are given positions of power, of course shit is going to go wrong.

The only hope now is that the lawsuits that will follow 0.00002 seconds after the makes the announcement with his stupid fucking potato face will be successful and the courts will shoot him down.

But that's a small, scant hope at best.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: RAM Matters: How Much Do You Need for Gaming? 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB. Dec 11, 2017, 12:54 Creston

MajorD wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:46:
Okay, thank you for the advise, much appreciated. I could always add more later if/when it can be utilized. Thumbsup

Yeah, it's just not worth it for gaming. Of course, memory is probably not going to go down for quite a while, but even so, just ride it out.

You'd be better off spending that $200 on a better graphics card or more space on your gaming SSD. (or going to an NVMe SSD. I have one and boy is it fast. Dying light gets confused by how fast everything loads. Hehe.)

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 11, 2017, 12:53 Creston

Argh. AMD has announced Ryzen 2 for February. I just bought one! GRRRR!

Sigh

7. Re: RAM Matters: How Much Do You Need for Gaming? 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB. Dec 11, 2017, 12:41 Creston

MajorD wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:45:
GTK, as I'm spec'ing out my next system and I am considering going up from 16GB to 32GB this time.

I'd not spend the money on it right now, unless an extra 200 bucks is piddly cash for you. There are almost no games that'll use it, basically.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 11, 2017, 12:40 Creston

You NEED 8 Gig, really. You can maybe do with 4, but most games will suffer under it. You'll probably want 16, but with today's prices, 8 is fine.

32 is just pure overkill for gaming, unless you want to leave your browser open with 439 tabs while you're playing something.

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2017, 12:55.

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies Free on Origin
5. Re: Plants vs. Zombies Free on Origin Dec 11, 2017, 12:35 Creston

Slick wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:29:
Creston wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 12:02:
PvZ is a great game, it's just too easy. Once you figure out how to do an optimum build order, you literally can never fail.

PvZ2 is a lot more challenging in that regard, but of course, it's absolutely infested out the ass with EA's microtransaction shit.

Isn't PvZ2 just laden with the standard "candy crush" timed lockout stuff? Like it's a free game, but you can only play a certain amount before you get locked out for 45 minutes or so, but you can pay to bypass?

For a game that plays well on a mobile device, it always worked for me cause I'd only be playing for 10-15 minutes at a time. If you wanted to binge it you'd hit the paywall pretty fast.

Yeah and it's just an ages long grind to get the really good cards that will help you beat the really tough levels. I didn't play it all that much, because it took ages to load on my then pretty darn old phone.

I don't really know how I feel about this model. On one hand it feels really insidious, but on the other I get to play a fully fleshed-out game (alot bigger and more complex than the first game) without paying a dime.

Yeah, if you only play for 10 minutes at a time, it's not a bad deal. Unless of course that then turns into a five years grind at ten minutes at a time to get somewhere.

A timegate itself I wouldn't mind so much. I mean, it's stupid, but eh, it's a good excuse for me to turn the game off. It's the endless grind that you can bypass for the measly sum of $3. "We've made our game so terrible to play that we'll let you pay to not have to play it!"

Fuck off, shit publishers.

You'd think that if the ratings industry meant anything this would all be an easy fix. Any game that has these "freemium" things should be rated 18+ so that no children are spending $1000 on this dumb shit. If you're an adult, then you can make up your own damned choice. I'm all for personal responsability.

I like that idea. Of course, everyone knows that 18+ means nothing, especially on phones.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 12:13 Creston

Chamath Palihapitiya, who joined Facebook in 2007 and became its vice president for user growth, said he feels “tremendous guilt” about the company he helped make.

Yeah? How about you donate all that money they paid you to a charity then. No? Not that guilty, huh?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2017, 12:09 Creston

That's some fancy shit you got going on there, Comcast.

News Comments > Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced
4. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 12:04 Creston

LurkerLito wrote on Dec 11, 2017, 10:40:
Dam, definitely going to get this. I haven't played the original SF since college. And I probably spent more than the price of this game in quarters with the original SF2 in the arcade way back. OMFG I am old.

I worked at an electronics store at the time when it was out, and we had a SF2 arcade machine in our store. So I played an absolute metric ass-ton of it. (free credits, woo!)

I even won the "Amsterdam Open SF2 Championship." that year. Yeah! Eternal fame is mine.

News Comments > Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced
3. Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced Dec 11, 2017, 12:03 Creston

Here's your challenge: Play through all of them, in a row, perfectly. No getting hit.

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies Free on Origin
3. Re: Plants vs. Zombies Free on Origin Dec 11, 2017, 12:02 Creston

PvZ is a great game, it's just too easy. Once you figure out how to do an optimum build order, you literally can never fail.

PvZ2 is a lot more challenging in that regard, but of course, it's absolutely infested out the ass with EA's microtransaction shit.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2017, 22:51 Creston

"We're totally all about single player experiences!"

*ignores 300 billion Skyrim sales, does not do anything with a new Elder Scrolls single player, focuses completely on Elder Scrolls Online instead.*

Anxious

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Dec 8, 2017, 22:48 Creston

Holy shit, that exploded WAY more than I expected it would!

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches
13. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 22:45 Creston

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 12:41:
I think the whole game is made to troll PC players. They even have to play against autoaim console/controller players.
I mean the game is really nice, but the controls are just so unbelievably sluggish, inaccurate, delayed... just weird. It just feels like a full blown console game without any effort put into the PC version.

An Epic game that's an afterthought on the PC? Why I never!

(ie, yeah, that's pretty much what you should expect from Epic.)

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Dec 8, 2017, 22:42 Creston

Anyone know how movement is done in the VR version? is it teleport?

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 8, 2017, 16:53 Creston

Eh, the gun is bugged, they'll fix it next week, so for this weekend they say "Everyone have one!"

Apparently people are having tons of fun in 4vs4 with everyone rolling a Lens, so I think it's fine for them to do this.

News Comments > New Tomb Raider Tease
4. Re: New Tomb Raider Tease Dec 8, 2017, 12:40 Creston

Square Enix is excited to share some big news with you next year

"We are counting on this one to sell TWO HUNDRED MILLION COPIES, as we are completely incapable of setting realistic expectations."

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 8, 2017, 12:38 Creston

But can it get me and two other astronauts to the moon?

News Comments > Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches
3. Re: Fortnite 50v50 Playlist Launches Dec 8, 2017, 12:37 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 8, 2017, 11:20:
Also, to address the annoying leeches who join matches and do nothing the entire time (but still get rewards at the end), Epic has introduced a feature called "you can't see your teammates on the map anymore". This will keep you from noticing who doesn't move for an entire match, lowering your personal frustration.

Hehe, that's actually pretty clever.

My bosses at work have the exact same mindset about problems. Don't fix the problem, but let's mask the symptoms so we can HIDE the problem. It's much easier.

News Comments > Witchfire Announced
1. Re: Witchfire Announced Dec 8, 2017, 12:34 Creston

Looks good.

30168 Comments. 1509 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo