Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27603 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 12, 2016, 10:22 Creston

Not the smartest place to sue. Gawker will have 0 dollars left once Hogan gets his payday. I have also literally never heard of Shivva Ayadurai, and always believed Ray Tomlinson to have invented email.

Seems more like a "Hey, see if you can get me some cash too!" type of deal.

This comment was edited on May 12, 2016, 10:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 12, 2016, 10:21 Creston

Clarkson tweeted at one point that Amazon had basically told them it could absolutely not have the word Gear in it for fear of the BBC whining, so I think they came as close as they could in a round-about way.

Top Gear. TG
Grand Tour. GT.

The Grand Tour. TGT
TGT. Top Gear Two.

Btw, kind of brutal of shitty British tabloid to call it "Clarkson's show". I'm fairly sure Hammond, May and Wilkins have quite a bit to do with it too.

In any case, it can't come soon enough.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Why Flying Is So Expensive May 12, 2016, 10:16 Creston

Because you have to pay for all the fat cat bonuses and to ensure "fair value for the shareholders" of course.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month May 12, 2016, 10:10 Creston

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks guys.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month
11. Re: Any mods to change playable character? May 11, 2016, 23:44 Creston

Jagacademy wrote on May 11, 2016, 13:03:
Creston wrote on May 11, 2016, 09:43:

No, that defeats the whole purpose of literally the entire story. (For those who are unaware, Geralt and Ciri are linked by fate in the books, and because he so firmly believes that, he will literally move heaven and earth to find her. If you replaced Geralt with anyone else, they wouldn't care enough to go through all the effort.) I'm sure with some effort you can change Geralt's texture to be that of Dandelion.

I don't know how Geralt's physical appearance would change any aspect of that story in any significance.

He was asking if you could play as not Geralt. THAT would kill the story. So then I suggested, if it bothers you so much, do ten minutes of research and find out how to swap the texture models.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore's Revenge Next Month May 11, 2016, 23:28 Creston

Wait... so, doesn't TOR have like 8 different stories you can choose to follow? Like Sith Lord or Jedi Master or Bounty Hunter or whatever? So how does that work with these Outlander expansions then? Is that a different character?

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
25. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 11, 2016, 12:51 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 11, 2016, 12:14:
And, by my count, this is the 5th time they've done this since 2010.

Disney are complete fucking assholes.

There should be a simple law that says "How much money did your company make last year? Oh, 17 billion dollars? You are not allowed to fucking fire anybody."

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 12:46 Creston

nin wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:49:
Creston wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:21:
nin wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:16:
while I also do most of my gaming on the ps4 any more...

! ... ...

I just... I just don't know you anymore, man. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU??!! Cry

You know, I could have sworn someone here was just talking about how they bought a ps4 recently...

Yeah but I don't do most of my gaming on it! When I have the choice, I still go PC. You... you... CONSOLE PEASANT!

GLORIOUS PC GAMER MASTER RACE!

News Comments > MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers?
10. Re: MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers? May 11, 2016, 12:26 Creston

Slick wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:57:
I know I like to be a contrarian on here, but shouldn't we be happy for the studio? They're finally free, they can all use the clout gained at working at one of the more prestigious game studios out there, and pursue whatever shit they want.

They always had this ability. Literally every human being working has this ability. If they didn't like working at Lionhead, they always could have found themselves a new job.

It's really not the same as just getting canned because MS can't figure out what to do.

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
23. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 11, 2016, 10:24 Creston

This comes right after some boasting "that Windows 10 is unequivocally THE place to be for gamers" though those features probably should have been present before they made with the bragging.

*crickets*

Hehehe. In all fairness though, nobody at Microsoft had ever heard of Freesync or G-Sync before. I mean, come on, are they supposed to support every single tiny-ass niche market now??

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 10:21 Creston

nin wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:16:
while I also do most of my gaming on the ps4 any more...

! ... ...

I just... I just don't know you anymore, man. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU??!! Cry

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 10:07 Creston

If it's only 2.5 years old, why even bother upgrading? Get a GTX1070 and your current machine will run everything at 2560x1440 on Ultra at >>>>60fps.

In any case, this article claims to get you a system for $1250 that runs in "near silence." Now, maybe my idea of silence and theirs is different, I have several of the components in that case, and I wouldn't exactly call it silent. I mean, it's not terribly noisy or anything, it's just background noise, but I can definitely hear it.

News Comments > Riot Simulator Anarcute Announced
1. Re: Riot Simulator Anarcute Announced May 11, 2016, 10:02 Creston

Eh, I gotta say, it looks like it might actually be fun.

News Comments > MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers?
1. Re: MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers? May 11, 2016, 09:46 Creston

"No dammit! We're going to fire these guys! Would you stop trying to help them out, we're trying to be total fucking dickwallets here! God!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month
6. Re: Any mods to change playable character? May 11, 2016, 09:43 Creston

Jagacademy wrote on May 11, 2016, 09:15:
Are there any mods that you let you play a different main character? Or design your own?

I just can't immerse myself playing an old feminine looking guy with long grey hair.

No, that defeats the whole purpose of literally the entire story. (For those who are unaware, Geralt and Ciri are linked by fate in the books, and because he so firmly believes that, he will literally move heaven and earth to find her. If you replaced Geralt with anyone else, they wouldn't care enough to go through all the effort.) I'm sure with some effort you can change Geralt's texture to be that of Dandelion.

Also, dangit, I was counting on it coming out in the middle of June. Now I have to hurry with my latest playthrough!

News Comments > EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed
15. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 09:38 Creston

4.5 billion dollars. Holy shit.

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
22. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 11, 2016, 09:35 Creston

This was a difficult decision

"What are we doing today?"
"Deciding on whether to put 300 people out of a job."
"Fuck 'em. Done. What's for lunch?"

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month?
14. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month? May 10, 2016, 06:40 Creston

Dentorro wrote on May 9, 2016, 20:40:
It's one of the better games story wise, I did play through a bunch of sidequests and the main one but it got pretty easy once you have outleveled everything, going to go for a 2nd playthrough on higher difficulty once the final expac is out and I have my new GPU.

I'm doing a New Game+ on the highest diff level right now, and it's pretty crazy. Most things will kill you in one hit, but you have all your signs upgraded and your bombs etc, so you have a ton of options in combat. It feels pretty awesome.

News Comments > Vampire Bloodlines TMed
1. Re: Vampire Bloodlines TMed May 6, 2016, 21:37 Creston

It was a great RPG, but it was so horrendously broken on release that I'm sure nobody was really surprised when it didn't sell well.

It was even more galling that the game had been done for over a year (since they had to wait for HL2 to come out first), and they fixed absolutely jack shit in that timespan...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2016, 15:14 Creston

Those annoying Windows 10 upgrade notifications will finally go away for good.

(once you upgrade to Windows 10.)

27603 Comments. 1381 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo