Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28621 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2016, 13:14 Creston

4D-Boxing wrote on Dec 26, 2016, 08:55:
Good to know but, Dishonored 2 actually works though. Deus crashes after the tutorial level. Made it to the door of the apartment once. The game seems awesome but, this is my first game in 20 plus years that simply never worked.

Damn, that sucks, man. Deus Ex is a really excellent game...

I know there were a lot of people suffering from the crash in the metro station, and there were several fixes going around, if you care to try them.

Btw, I thought Nixxes had fixed that crash?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2016, 01:58 Creston

RIP, George Michael.

And FUCK YOU, 2016.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2016, 01:19 Creston

Acleacius wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 13:23:
Well Deus Ex is back up, after a sluggish looking release. Still no Dishonored 2, which it seems conflicting. I've seen good reviews and complaints. Personally finding out there is no real story anymore (if what I've read is true) seems a huge disappointment. I still keep trying to avoid spoilers for both games but not sure how much longer that's possible. Also first choice would be to wait till they remove the new drm, but we'll see.

I'm not really sure why people keep complaining that there is no story any more, as it's basically exactly the same story from the first one.

That said, despite the fact that Dishonored 2 is as good as or better than Dishonored in every single area of the game, I'm not enjoying it as much. I've actually had to force myself to play it again over the past three days just so that I could finish it.

(I think for me the big issue is that the levels are just too big and you have no mini map. It took me like four hours to figure out the layout of the Dust level, and it just got really, really frustrating.)

And then, of course, the fact that six weeks after release, Harvey Smith & Co still can't be bothered to fix the retarded "the game takes three minutes to load to menu at random boot ups" and pretty terrible performance in open levels doesn't help it one bit. But hey, at least they had time to put in a New Game +, so now you can have ALL the powers to help with a game that is absolutely no challenge whatsoever...

Sigh

Deus Ex is a much better game than Dishonored 2. If you're on the fence about both, get Deus Ex.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 10:37 Creston

El Pit wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 02:04:
The Alien: Covenant trailer is out, people! After the imo lame Prometheus, they made the trailer look like A: C will be an action movie. Like the first Alien movie but with the speed of Aliens. Not sure what to think about it, actually.

https://youtu.be/H0VW6sg50Pk

Beware of gifts of trailers.

Or

"Guys, come back! I promise this time I'll give you the movie you want! I've changed! I won't hit you guys anymore, I promise! Guys?!"

News Comments > Christmas Eve Consolidation
3. Re: Christmas Eve Consolidation Dec 25, 2016, 10:35 Creston

Three years later nobody gives a shit about "console wars" any more, except for the drooltards at Kotaku.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Tech Bits
14. Re: Christmas Eve Tech Bits Dec 25, 2016, 10:33 Creston

Redmask wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 08:32:
If they aren't its because they were designed that way by a human.

Machines can't simply replicate without assistance from us.

yet.

The whole idea of AI / Nanotech / Von Neumann cybernetics is that we eventually build machines which can build other machines, and improve themselves in the process. That's essentially tied in with the whole concept. An AI that can't improve itself isn't an AI, it's just a very smart program.

So sure, we can tie limiting parameters into it, and can do our absolute 1000% best to make sure the AI can never defeat those parameters, nor have any choice but to pass it on to its offspring (so to speak.)

But what happens ten iterations in? A hundred? If it alters a tiny variable now, once it reaches v120.02, will those parameters still be the same, or will they have changed slightly to where they now mean just something a little different? We just can't foresee changes this far down the line, but an AI can.

Look, in order for humanity to survive, we will NEED this level of machinery. If nothing else than just to stop global warming before our current generation's great grandchildren drown or get wiped out by some cat 6 hurricane.

But tomorrow's AI will be written by the same programmers that can't keep today's programs from fucking up, so... I think a little bit of worry and a little hesitation before we plunge into the AI era is probably wise.

13. Re: Christmas Eve Tech Bits Dec 25, 2016, 10:25 Creston

yuastnav wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 05:05:
There is NO indication that artificial intelligences would want to destroy us, that is just all in your head.

"The AI doesn't love you; the AI doesn't hate you. But you are made up of atoms it can use for another purpose."

News Comments > Diablo III Season 9 Details
4. Re: Diablo III Season 9 Details Dec 25, 2016, 10:23 Creston

we will no longer be able to store some personal Seasonal records.

Yeah, that 10kb of data per player really ... adds up?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 01:25 Creston

Poor Carrie. Pull on through!

8. Re: Christmas Eve Tech Bits Dec 25, 2016, 01:22 Creston

Get fucked, Microsoft.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
40. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 25, 2016, 01:17 Creston

Eh, for what they're trying / promising to do, that's a switch that makes sense, especially considering Crytek might go belly up any day now.

Tying your game's online part into Amazon's cloud infrastructure probably makes good sense. That said, for those people who only care about Squadron 42, this is more of the never-ending "It'll come soon!(tm)" bullshit they've been hearing for more than two years now.

News Comments > GRID for Free
13. Re: GRID for Free Dec 23, 2016, 09:14 Creston

Good game, but absolutely terrible rubber banding. If you hate rubber banding, do not play this.

Other than that, it is a very enjoyable game.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 23, 2016, 09:07 Creston

"Canadian ISPs say 'HAHAHAHAHAHA!'"

Actually, since they're doing it through one of those bullshit 'competitive funds', the ISPs are saying "We will give everyone 100Mbps for 20 bucks a month!", they get the money to do so, they roll it out to one apartment complex with 12 people in it, declare the rest "too difficult to do for {insert bullshit reason du jour}", cancel the project, and keep the money.

AKA, the American way.

News Comments > Origin Holiday Sale
1. Re: Origin Holiday Sale Dec 23, 2016, 09:06 Creston

They are really desperate to shift Titanfall 2 units. That's the second time it's been 50% off already.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
25. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 17:45 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 17:42:
Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 14:36:
The "Villain Most In Need Of A Hug" Award

Gabe Newell, for not greenlighting Half Life 3?

We'll get you anyway, Valve. No matter how many categories you discard.

The Valve New Employee Handbook was on Reddit as a PDF to read. How it works there is it takes the employees to pitch and other get behind it, if not it doesn't happen. I take it they know how hard it is and what the expectations are... and are scared SHITLESS to touch it. So perhaps someone comes in and says HL3 and then no one shows up to support. Dead.

I was just joking. I genuinely don't give a fuck about Half Life 3.

24. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 17:43 Creston

Leper wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 15:37:
Beamer wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 15:31:
Is Deus Ex cheaper than it was yesterday? I waited, hoping it would be.

No, I bought it yesterday and $20 is probably the cheapest you're going to find it for a while. I only played for like 30 minutes last night but it seems like a quality game to me so far.

It's EASILY worth $20 if you liked Human Revolution.

I got the FFX FFX-II remaster, and since people recommended it, DarkStar One for a buck 49

14. Try not to cry II Dec 22, 2016, 14:49 Creston

Dammit, Blue. It's so freaking dusty here in this website of yours!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 22, 2016, 14:40 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 14:00:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 11:40:
Tim Cook confirms- tech met with Trump to ask for billions in tax breaks.

Yes because those tech giants are on the edge of profitability.

My father in-law believes those tax breaks savings will be given to workers as a pay raise. Ah yep...

If you hold to the idea that the Executive Board are "workers", then yes. Yes, it will.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 22, 2016, 14:37 Creston

Stronger social safety net, sure. But who's going to pay for that? The rest of the working class?  

1. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 14:36 Creston

The "Villain Most In Need Of A Hug" Award

Gabe Newell, for not greenlighting Half Life 3?

We'll get you anyway, Valve. No matter how many categories you discard.

28621 Comments. 1432 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo