Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27300 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 2, 2016, 12:28 Creston

TheEmissary wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 00:09:
Not to mention this eliminates the possibility of playing/watching this game offline.

Which is exactly what MS wants to begin with. If you are offline, they can't send ads to your login screen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding
15. Re: Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding Mar 2, 2016, 12:08 Creston

Pay for us to port this to you!

News Comments > Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10
9. Re: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Released for Windows 10 Mar 2, 2016, 12:00 Creston

G-Sync™ Enabled Monitors
G-Sync™ is not supported by Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10. Running the Game with G-Sync™ enabled will cause significant performance issues. If you are using a G-Sync™ enabled monitor, you should disable it from the NVIDIA Control Panel.

FEEL THE POWER OF WINDOWS 10!

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed
8. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 11:05 Creston

Now Creston sad.

nin wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 10:25:
Somebody prop Creston up and give him some smelling salts...

Cry

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
11. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 1, 2016, 17:55 Creston

So for those who have played both, this or GalCiv 3? (yes, I understand this is still in EA, so it's not a fair comparison, but potential wise?)  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. No subject Mar 1, 2016, 17:51 Creston

"Please note, when we were leading the race with the 360, we said exactly the opposite thing. I am a giant tool."

As for hardware upgrades, heh, with your prices, MS? You try to sell people a 500GB HD for like 180 bucks. So how are you going to price these hardware upgrades? 800 bucks for a processor, and 200 bucks for some RAM? I'm sure people will line up in fucking droves.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10
8. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10 Mar 1, 2016, 12:04 Creston

"Forza is coming to PC!*"

* It'll be a watered down F2P version.

Yay...?

News Comments > HTC Vive Preorders This Morning
13. Re: HTC Vive Preorders This Morning Feb 29, 2016, 13:11 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 13:00:
WaltC wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 11:02:

Your neck will quickly tire of head tracking, I'll predict...

Does your neck get tired from you doing this exact same thing all day, every day for your entire life? The only difference is the added weight, which isn't much. I'd agree with others stating that heat or just the pressure of the device against your face is much more likely to be a deciding factor into when you put it down for a bit.

What I worry about is friends wanting to use it, because they absolutely WILL want to use it. How nasty is the foam barrier going to get from the buildup of oils? I haven't read anything about either headset having that being replaceable, and it NEEDS to be. All it takes is that one buddy who sweats uncontrollably all the goddamn time, like he's constantly trying to lie his way through a murder trial, to make no one else want to put the thing on. I'm already considering how to tell them, politely, to please wash their face instead of just rolling out of bed and coming over.

Just cut a cover out of an old t-shirt and put that on there, grab a new cover for every person who uses it. Easy solution. I do that with my CPAP machine, to stop from having to clean the silicone cushion Every.Single.Day.

7. Re: HTC Vive Preorders This Morning Feb 29, 2016, 10:52 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 10:19:
Creston wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 10:15:
OMG!

*frantically pulls out credit card, and puts it somewhere safe.*

Not at 800 bucks, fellas. Sorry.

I think it was on consumerist a few years ago where they suggested putting your CC in a glass of water in the freezer.

Haha. I'd find some way to still read it.

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Top Five
1. Re: Green Man Gaming Top Five Feb 29, 2016, 10:17 Creston

Borderlands 2? That must have been a huge sale.

3. Re: HTC Vive Preorders This Morning Feb 29, 2016, 10:15 Creston

OMG!

*frantically pulls out credit card, and puts it somewhere safe.*

Not at 800 bucks, fellas. Sorry.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: @midnight trump insults Feb 29, 2016, 10:12 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 29, 2016, 01:20:
Trump is just an egoist. He'd probably just cruise around on AF1, play golf with world leaders, and fire his cabinet regularly, cuz can.

I will vote for any presidential candidate who promises to fire 99% of Congress.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Feb 29, 2016, 09:38 Creston

Guerilla is great fun. I still replay it once every couple of years, though the graphics are getting pretty long in the tooth now. It's even more fun if you can get a mod working that increases the power and # of shots of the nano rifle.

It's still frustrating to think that they made Guerilla, a game almost universally loved, and by far (BY FAR) the best of the Red Faction games ever made, and then when everyone is clamoring for Guerilla 2, they instead make some stupid Dead Space clone, and then act all surprised when nobody buys it.

The idiocy of publishers...

News Comments > Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10
16. Re: Fallout 4 Season Pass Tops Steam Top 10 Feb 29, 2016, 09:32 Creston

I actually liked Lonesome Road the first time I played it through, because in the very first combat you get in, I accidentally killed the NPC who was there to meet me. (I never even realized he wasn't an enemy, so he took a .50 cal in the head)

So after that, everyone was hostile against me, I had no place to rest and limited supplies, and it was a pretty interesting survival experience on hardcore.

It wasn't until I made it out, and the DLC was over when I realized "Wait a minute. That's it? You go in and have to make it out? Nobody ever even talks to you?" that I looked it up and saw where things had gone wrong.

So I played it again, and found it actually much less interesting with all the quests and all the characters being friendly to you. (fighting Joshua Graham was especially a pretty fun battle.)

All in all it wasn't so bad, but I wouldn't rank it anywhere near the top of DLCs either.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Feb 28, 2016, 14:47 Creston

Congress to former Disney IT worker "Sorry, son, I can't hear you over all these hundred dollar bills stuffed in my ears by your boss."

News Comments > Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover
5. Re: Ubisoft Fighting Hostile Takeover Feb 26, 2016, 09:48 Creston

Don't want to be a target for a hostile takeover? Don't take your company public.

You went public, you ran the risk. Don't start crying about it now.

It's not as if Ubi will get better with Vivendi at the helm, but hell, they probably wouldn't get much worse either, so whatever. If Quebec is worried about its jobs, let them buy the company.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 26, 2016, 09:36 Creston

Slashman wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 09:20:
Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 20:43:
Here's what went wrong: You spent all that time on making procedurally generated maps, and then you set the algorithm to basically make the same map over and over.

I honestly would rather have the static maps of EW back...

Where are you seeing this? Because I have not been getting this in my games. You're the only person I have seen making this complaint. What am I missing?

Every single map where you need to hack something, or destroy something, or rescue a prisoner, that's set in a city, starts with you being one block away from your objective, with one building in between you and your objective, and 90% of the time the objective will be at 10 o clock or 2 o clock from where you start. So you climb the building that's in between, have LoS to your objective, and you're basically done for most of them.

It'll look different, of course, but it all plays exactly the same way. I got a streak of like six or seven of those missions in a row, and I essentially did the exact same thing in every single one of them.

And it's of course dictated by their stupid "We can't make the AI challenging, so let's just give you an arbitrary time limit of 8 turns for no reason whatsoever" decision, because you CAN'T be five blocks away from your objective, as you won't have time to get there then.

And every single objective is in the middle of a semi-large building, on the ground floor. It's never on the third floor, or in a basement or...

And the two biomes are city and country. That's it. There's nothing else.

The six avatar maps are also basically exactly the same map. Same building, same type of area. So the building and area in Africa looks exactly the same as the one in France, and the one in Argentina, and the one in California?

There honestly was WAY more variety in EW's maps.

Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy the combat (taking turns in overwatch FTW!), though I'm waiting to replay until they've put a few patches in, but I dunno, it feels a step back from EW rather than a step forward. No Mechs, no soldier upgrades, forgot what they were called, bio or something. The main missions in Xcom 2 are also pretty dull. The base defense mission feels put together in ten minutes and is dirt easy (compared to the AMAZING base defense mission in EW that was hard as hell), the final mission in Xcom 2 is dull as dirt.

I expected much, MUCH more from a full sequel, especially a PC only sequel. Where are the huge maps with 6 or 7 floors in them? Where are the sprawling cities? Where are the snow missions?

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2016, 09:46.

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
10. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 25, 2016, 21:47 Creston

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 21:15:
I get that...but it takes you three years to do anything in X-land that is fun. So...no. Elite is slow, but you can dive into whatever you want immediately. Also, you can't knock Elite for not having space stations...that's like saying, "Doom sucks, you can't build a base."

Elite is a spaceship only game. X-Rebirth is something else.

There is a steep learning curve with X, yes. There was a time when that was considered a plus in a game, that shit didn't get handed to you straight off the bat.

You can actually go have fun straight off the bat in X, it's just that some stuff is considered late game. You're not going to own a destroyer in three hours. Part of the fun in having one is the work you do in building up towards it, and then the awesome feeling when you fly it. But you can go be a pirate or go trade or go do missions or main storylines straight off the bat.

And I'm not knocking Elite for not having space stations, I'm just saying that there's a megaton of stuff to do in X, and building space stations (especially since X3 when you could connect them and build massive complexes) is a ton of fun. Admittedly that's late game fun because it costs a crapload of money, but it's there.

I really don't see how X is more boring than Elite. In Elite you can trade and you can fight people, and that's it. (Oh wait, I guess you can drive around empty planets now.) Compared to X, it's practically barren.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 25, 2016, 20:43 Creston

Here's what went wrong: You spent all that time on making procedurally generated maps, and then you set the algorithm to basically make the same map over and over.

I honestly would rather have the static maps of EW back...

News Comments > X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo
5. Re: X Rebirth Expansion; Patch; Demo Feb 25, 2016, 20:40 Creston

Vall Forran wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 19:47:
Go play Elite. Or previous X-games (though how people call Elite boring compared to that I will never understand).

X3:TC and X3:AP are significantly more "filled" games than Elite is. There is an absolute shitload of stuff to do in both games. Campaigns for all races, build your own stations, build your own production lines, own entire fleets of ships, set up trading fleets, build your own headquarters and own ships, capture ships, pirating, trading. I'm not harping on Elite, but the amount of things to do in the previous two X games is enormous.

27300 Comments. 1365 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo