Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27300 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
15. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2016, 23:48 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 20:50:
Regardless, how can you have an expectation of privacy when you leave your phone, unprotected, in public space? It's rude, sure, and he should be disciplined for duplicating and distributing the photo, but actually finding it like that is hardly a crime.

His crime wasn't in discovering the photos, but in then distributing them.

The negligent teacher is at least as much to blame as the mischievous student for having that sort of thing just lying around. How do we know she's not some kind of pervert who intentionally left her phone there for a kid (perhaps a specific young, handsome troublemaker) to find that photo?

Let's not blame the victim. She lost her job, and will likely never work in education again. I'm going to say that she's been punished enough already.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 6, 2016, 15:06 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 13:14:
InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2016, 13:09:
Skyrim modding taken to an extreme. Not related to this list but still....mind fully blown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PewuaPKnhnc

Yepyep. They are really good with the whole art shebang but they have barely shown any content so far. Lots of very pretty trailers, no doubt, but where are the NPCs, where is the dialogue, where are the quests, where is the AI, where is the story implementation? Awesome art does not a game make.
I wish them the best of luck though. Could be really, really, really mind-blowing IF they ever get to finish it all this lifetime.

You realize you're free to sign up to help, right? In fact, they are continuously calling out for people to help because they honestly have let their project run away from them. They are basically just making an entirely new game at this point.

I wish Bethesda would just offer them a job, take the project in-house, and release it as a Morrowind HD remake. I'd gladly pay 40 bucks for it, because it looks awesome.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2016, 21:43 Creston

Bye, Mythbusters. I've much enjoyed watching your show over the years (though I stopped once Kari, Grant and Tori got the axe.)

News Comments > Hitman DirectX 12 Support
20. Re: Hitman DirectX 12 Support Mar 5, 2016, 21:41 Creston

Seems like quite a few titles are lining up with DX12 support pretty quickly. It's a far cry from the barren wastelands that was DX10 / DX11 support (initially.)

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2016, 12:03 Creston

Julio wrote on Mar 5, 2016, 06:12:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 14:31:
A knife from O.J.'s estate was recovered by LAPD

(It's come out that the evidence was also suppressed by someone in the LAPD as well...)

Maybe they'll finally get around to proving it was OJ all along. Not that it matters now.

They can't bring charges to him for it again, and he's already in jail, so I'm not sure why this is even a story.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 4, 2016, 21:47 Creston

I cut the cord a few weeks back, and haven't looked back since. It's funny, I was returning my AT&T U-verse TV stuff at the UPS store, and the guy in front of me was returning his TV stuff, and the lady who came in behind me also came to return her TV stuff.

"There is no such phenomenon as cord cutting."

- clueless tv execs.

In the meantime, Netflix is laughing itself silly to the bank. Five more years, and they will produce so much content they won't even need network TV anymore. So far every show of theirs I've watched has been FANTASTIC.

News Comments > Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die
74. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 18:02 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 18:02:
Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 17:58:
Which you do basically in 99% of your posts, is likely why most people find you extremely uninteresting to hold a discussion with. Like you've managed to achieve again with me, so congrats.

Ding ding ding, don't feed that thing!

Yeah, I know. That's why I just deleted it. Fuck that noise.

72. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 17:58 Creston

ugh, yawn. whatever.

8. SW Battlefront on sale on Origin Mar 4, 2016, 17:49 Creston

For 50% off. In case anyone's interested.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Gameplay Trailers
12. Re: Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Gameplay Trailers Mar 4, 2016, 17:42 Creston

I really, really like the movement. Looks ultra smooth, and the levels look like a ton of fun to run through.

The combat though... Not so much. Way too much of it, and it's not really very smooth.

64. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 17:01 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 16:57:
So I googled it myself (I was only 99% certain), when some are talking Apple they are talking Apple phones walled garden. Apple Computers does in fact have places like Steam.

Fair enough, their phone ecosystem is really about the only thing I have any experience with.

Again, I don't think MS is creating a walled garden, I think they're just trying to get a piece of the pie that Steam and others are now dividing between themselves. This is just their GFWL 2.0 attempt.

But I do think that if both Sweeney and Gabe are worried enough about it to openly speak out against the possibility, it probably goes a bit farther than just some average rumor.

62. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 16:57 Creston

Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2016, 16:35:
You know the world exists between these 2 hyperbolic extremes. There's much more grey area than anyone wants to admit.

Yeah, so maybe next time also quote the rest of what I said.

MS hasn't shown any real interest in publishing games for their Windows platform, they tried, and failed with GFWL. But in the same breath they did create and continually improve upon DirectX, you know the API that has literally made PC gaming what it is today possible.

Irrelevant to the discussion.

It's not even "potentially" anti-PC bullshit, unless you construct the narrative that MS would KILL all x32 processed from running,

Where do I construct that narrative? Oh right, nowhere. One.

They can release their own app store, with their games which run only on this new app store, it's no different than Half Life 2 being only able to run through Steam.

Well, yes, it is actually kind of different, because MS controls the entire underlying eco system that the majority of people game on. And like I said, in the section that you conveniently didn't quote "It does appear to be so, but Gabe cried the same thing several years ago, and the Windows Store doesn't appear to be a walled garden as far as I can tell (I literally never use it, so I genuinely don't know), so who knows how true this is."

I probably should have used the word might instead of does, so eh.

The "sky is falling" moment is when you think that not even games, but ALL APP developers would ONLY be able to publish their wares on this new format app store. Which is ludicrous. Again, Apple doesn't even go this far, and they're WAY more of a walled-garden than MS has ever been.

I've never said that. Three. Though I DO think that Apple forces you to go through the Apple Store for just about any kind of software?

It's like saying that Wal-Mart is changing their business strategy to close down all of their stores and become a small-chain purveyor of overpriced niche items in direct competition with the local artisan pastry shop.

Four.

Or that Comcast will stop providing internet access, and instead focus on the personalized messaging service of snail-mail.

Five.

That Amazon will shutter it's website, and now only focus on brick-and-mortar stores with 1/10,000th the inventory.

Six.

Just take any successful business and then claim that they will be utterly blocking the facet which made them successful in the first place. you try! And then see how far down the rabbit hole you run before realizing that you're chasing a strawman.

So it's a good thing I didn't actually say that, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good long, rant. I do have to give props for using the term straw man in a post in which you construct no fewer than six straw men yourself. That's some mighty fine projecting you're doing there.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 4, 2016, 16:35 Creston

Fucking?

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap
14. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Roadmap Mar 4, 2016, 16:33 Creston

Not arguing on whether the game's good or not (I don't know, I haven't played it), but to me this reads like:

Incursions: Horde mode.
Conflict: New Horde mode.
Expansion 1: sounds cool.
Expansion 2: Horde mode.
Expansion 3: Horde mode.

...?

59. Re: Epic Calls for UWP to Open Up or Die Mar 4, 2016, 16:23 Creston

So that's the second major PC player that's now called out MS on their (potentially) anti-PC bullshit.

Queue Spencer Whatshisfuckingface "recommitting MS to PC gaming" again sometime soon, and all the MS defenders quickly bleating that Tim Sweeney is a moron and that MS is a benevolent entity that should be fully trusted at all times.

I don't know whether MS plans to go the Apple way. It does appear to be so, but Gabe cried the same thing several years ago, and the Windows Store doesn't appear to be a walled garden as far as I can tell (I literally never use it, so I genuinely don't know), so who knows how true this is. But if the head of the PC's #1 engine and the #1 distribution platform are both getting concerned enough to take public action, it is probably something to be wary of.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2016, 16:29.

News Comments > More DirectX 12 Ports Planned
6. Re: More DirectX 12 Ports Planned Mar 3, 2016, 17:54 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 10:01:
They should take their time with these and actually make an attempt to optimize them instead of "Does it run? POOP EM OUT".

But... that's been MS's motto for like 30 years...

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Tomorrow; Sky Fortress Next Week; DX 12 Eventually
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Tomorrow; Sky Fortress Next Week; DX 12 Eventually Mar 3, 2016, 17:52 Creston

So will the DX12 goodness break GSync, like it did with Gears of War?

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed
32. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Delayed Mar 2, 2016, 18:23 Creston

For those who hated the ME3 ending (as I did), the Citadel DLC is basically a giant 8-10 hour ending.

Because of insane reasons (probably so poor Mac Walters wouldn't get his feelings hurt) they pretend the Citadel takes place DURING the ME3 war, but by its tone and content it is very clear that this takes place AFTER everything else.

It's one giant kick ass party (literally!) and an awesome send-off after 100+ hours with this crew. It is one of the best DLCs made by Bioware. I heartily recommend it.

News Comments > Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding
19. Re: Rock Band 4 PC Crowdfunding Mar 2, 2016, 18:19 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 12:10:
Creston wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 12:08:
Pay for us to port this to you!

I get the feeling they're on the ropes these days. Wouldn't be surprised if they fold in the next year or two. Madcatz basically admitted RB4 didn't come close to meeting expectations, and their other previous game used KS funds.

Yeah, they're probably quickly going the way of the dodo. As it usually happens with one-trick ponies.

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
20. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 2, 2016, 12:30 Creston

Thanks, Rigs!  

27300 Comments. 1365 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo