Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30025 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
6. Re: Seven: The Days Long Gone Released Dec 1, 2017, 18:23 Creston

PC Gamer thought it was pretty darn good, if rather buggy at release.

I'm definitely picking this up in January.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 16:28 Creston

BobBob wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 16:11:
An ethical / legal scenario and question:

Someone stole a winning lottery number and somehow took the multi-million dollar cash prize and started a controversial company that hired 1000s of people. Then the company went public on the stock exchange. Later on ... The lotto commission finds the person committed fraud. The real winner didn't get his/her multi-million award. What can or should be done about that?

The person who stole the money has to pay it back (presumably not that hard, since he owns a company that employs thousands of people), then goes to jail. The official winner gets his money. The company stays in existence, minus its now-jailed CEO.

That's how the JUST way would go.

Here in the US, jack shit would happen to the guy, and the Republicans would quickly create a bill that prohibits CEOs from ever being accused of a crime ever again.

News Comments > DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018
14. Re: DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018 Dec 1, 2017, 16:23 Creston

Baby, come back! Next year is the year I'll change for good! I promise, baby! I won't hit you no more! Baby! Baby...?!  

53. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 16:18 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 17:32:
Rodgers is arguably the best QB of all time.

Ooooh errrr missus.

I mean, come on. It's not as if Tom Brady is not even playing anymore. That said, Aaron Rodgers is definitely better than Eli Manning. I think Aaron Rodgers is probably better than Peyton Manning.

52. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 16:14 Creston

BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:29:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:23:
BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:00:
ok.
Bobbob! You're not dead!

Whatcha been up to?

Working and writing two novels. Been fairly busy. Plus, we remodeled a kitchen and portions of our home. Finally, life has calmed down.

How are you?

Hey, welcome back, Bob!

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
2. Re: Seven: The Days Long Gone Released Dec 1, 2017, 15:01 Creston

Miracle of sound did the theme song for this, quite a good song too.

Game looks very interesting. I really like the art style.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Plans
2. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Plans Dec 1, 2017, 09:52 Creston

Apparently Epic has given up about Fortnite's main mode of play, and all they give a shit about anymore is the Battle Royale mode?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 09:47 Creston

Hoop wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 18:08:
Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 15:18:
How did he stumble into that job? Was he a graphics designer?

Yeah back then the term was Commercial Artist but same same only no computers all hand drawn & taken to screen print the glass surrounds & Cabinets.
Edit
Sorry Creston I should have qualified my original post with exterior cabinet art work.

No worries man, that sounds like an awesome job!

News Comments > EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear
32. Re: EA Says Visceral's Cancelled Star Wars Game Was Too Linear Dec 1, 2017, 09:43 Creston

And we were trying to build a game that really pushed gameplay to the next level,

it continued to look like a style of gaming, a much more linear game

Translation: It didn't have nearly enough opportunities for Microtransactions and loot boxes.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Nov 30, 2017, 21:00 Creston

Dang, those ME texture packs are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

News Comments > Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free
3. Re: Get The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for Free Nov 30, 2017, 20:55 Creston

I posted a review of this on Steam awhile back. The tactical portion of the game is actually pretty good. The levels are huge and well-designed, the challenge is good, your teammates are dumb as hell, but they do get better as they get more powers, the enemies are decently varied, and there's a nice variety of missions and settings.

But then there's the base stuff, which is so god-awfully boring...

Anyway, for free this is an easy choice.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 30, 2017, 14:56 Creston

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:26:
People are going to be shocked when they add up all these streaming service bills, going to be more than the cable they ditched.

Except, of course, I can CHOOSE which streaming service I subscribe to. I don't have to get 970 other streaming services when all I want to do is watch Netflix.

Which was the whole point of the whole Cable discussion, and the #1 majority reason why people cut the cord, to begin with.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 30, 2017, 14:55 Creston

Somebody thank this kid in person for being one of the assholes that ruined gaming.

News Comments > AMD Driver Rebranding
9. Re: AMD Driver Rebranding Nov 30, 2017, 13:50 Creston

There seems to be an e missing in their Adrenalin. I guess it's not quite beefy enough to warrant the full name.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
68. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 30, 2017, 13:49 Creston

Flatline wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 13:41:
I'm not seriously accusing them of this, but with all the investigation about money laundering going on in the US news right now, it actually occurs to me that something like Star Citizen, with it's black hole black box funding, never ending stretch goals, never ending dev cycle, international footprint, etc... would make an *excellent* money laundering system.

You put your money in as a "contribution", and a "business" you own for... hell I dunno, motion capture let's say, gets a fat check every month for 85% of what you put in. Fans/contributors have no idea because everything is so obscure. Dirty money is also mixed in with clean money to make everything even harder to track.

I'm not accusing SC of being a money laundering scheme, but from the stories I've read concerning people like Paul Manafort, RSI would be perfect for it.

I'm not sure how that would work. You put your dirty money into RSI as a contribution, and then RSI gives you... money back? Other than refunds, when are they ever giving money back? In either case, RSI would list said money on both sides of their balance sheet, so there's plenty of evidence there. It would "launder" the money only for as long as it takes an IRS agent to come and spend 2 minutes looking at your paperwork.

55. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 29, 2017, 17:52 Creston

Flatline wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 16:55:
But still, every month, you're looking at around an average of 2.5 million dollars.

I have no goddamn idea how they do that unless they have 25,000 people donating 100 bucks a month to the game.

At the beginning I had the thought that Roberts actually does have Venture Capital tied up in this, he just didn't want to admit it because people would (rightfully) be worried that morons in suits would be dictating gameplay.

I'd backed off of that over the years, since whatever, but now I'm firmly beginning to believe it again. There can't be THAT many gullible idiots with a hundred bucks to spare each month out there.

In that case he's not actually selling plots of digital land, he's just come up with something else to hide the fact that it's paid for by VC. Which would be significantly less odious.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2017, 15:18 Creston

Hoop wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 14:28:
My father designed the art work for many of the arcade machines back in the day, I got to test play a warehouse full of arcade titles free at one point.

Wow, that's cool.

How did he stumble into that job? Was he a graphics designer?

31. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 14:50 Creston

Darks wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 13:32:
Actually, you would be wrong, have you seen the latest bullshit the Govt is now trying to pull with propriety taxes? Oh yea, they are now complementing not allowing home owners to claim property tax on our tax returns. This country is falling in to the black hole of shit.

Do you mean your mortgage interest? Why would you be able to claim a tax on your tax return?

If this happens, they are saying home prices will drop in value by 10 to 15 percent. And start pushing people away from buying homes if you cant get any tax breaks for owning a home. Fucking Govt!!

Right, so I think you're talking about your mortgage interest deduction. However, you would get almost double the normal deduction in return. I think for most people it would be a wash.

It does go 100% against the American dream of owning a home though, but whatever, it's Drumpfler, so who knows why the hell he does anything. I think the current government is kind of exempted from my statement, as I think they're just a demonic punishment of some kind. Nothing they do makes any logical sense, so it must just be to torture the shit out of us.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 29, 2017, 12:45 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 00:43:
Doesn't this break the law of batteries? I heard Tesla is spouting nonsense with their trucks.

There is no "law of batteries." Any article that claims that is written by someone who's a moron.

There are so many breakthroughs in battery technology right now (admittedly, not many of these ever become economically viable) that saying something is impossible in battery tech is a surefire way to be proven wrong a few years later.

I'm fairly sure that Tesla is smart enough not to spout pure false bullshit about their new semis. That said, the chargers they're going to need to actually DO the "400 miles in 30 minutes" thing are going to be monstrously powerful and are not going to just run off of solar. (Unless Musk is planning to build a 16 square mile solar farm right next to each one.)

20. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 12:30 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 11:59:
Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 10:57:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Chris Roberts saw the shit that Richard Garriott is pulling off, and thought "Holy hell. This way I don't even have to have artists draw pictures of pretty spaceships! I can literally sell just NOTHING!"

Hey, now. He's not selling "nothing." He's selling chunks of procedurally generated planet, and a ship to land it on.

Oh, sorry, I stand corrected.

I mean, what are you even going to fucking DO with this land? There's no way to build anything on it, and his developers sure as hell aren't going to build a base for you. They're still 99 systems behind on their content creation.

Edit : Since I'm bored at work, I read through the FAQ, and apparently there is a way to build stuff. It's through something that I'm pretty sure is not developed/working yet, but apparently they're not just selling empty land with no way to do anything with it.

That will come in 2018.

Edit 2 :
Why is the UEE selling claim licenses?
The UEE sells claim licenses for the same reasons as any government

Greed? I mean, I know governments are shitty, but they don't just raise taxes for the greedy hell of it.

30025 Comments. 1502 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo