Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28525 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: Polish Government grants... Dec 18, 2016, 18:34 Creston

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 14:22:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 18, 2016, 14:16:
Wow, very interesting, Poland. CD Projekt RED will no doubt make something awesome eventually, and I find it really nice that the government supports their homegrown tech companies, even for video games.

I am in the internal testing group for another game company based out of Poland and they have awesome support from their government. Poland is definitely one of the friendlier countries to develop games in after CD Projekt RED put them on the map.

Good to hear. I hope they will be around for many, many more years to come!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Dec 18, 2016, 18:33 Creston

"Yeah, I lied. But I'm HONEST about lying! Here's a sale for a $2500 picture of a pretty and BIG spaceship! Buy now, it's limited!"

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Texting and driving. Dec 18, 2016, 13:51 Creston

How’d this happen? My guess is it has something to do with the dopamine. I’m going to play fast and loose and speculate that a major component of cellphone interaction comes from “wanting” that dopamine response. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that gives us little jolts of pleasure to motivate us to go and seek out more pleasurable experiences. It would seem to me that smartphones facilitate this process—every time you punch a button, you get a little jolt of dopamine, as that button push has the potential to take you somewhere pleasurable.

What a bunch of horseshit. Typical "There must be some reason as to why I'm a fucking asshole who can't be bothered to pay attention to the road. I know! Let's blame dopamine! It's not my fault! My brain is wired this way!"

You're just a fucking ADHD asshole who can't be bothered to pay attention to the two ton deadly weapon you're operating. Asstard.

In any case, in about 5 to 10 years, we will have a very simple fix for it. Cause an accident and it's because of "distracted driving?" Your car gets confiscated, sold at auction, and your license gets taken away. With the money from your sale at auction, you can make your first down payment on a self-driving vehicle. You will never be allowed to drive again.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: 2016 was a good year? Dec 18, 2016, 01:22 Creston

TheVocalMinority wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 23:50:
Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 23:08:
what the fucking fuck??

Cram those 99 reasons up your fucking bunghole, medium.com, whatever the fuck you are.

It would seem you suffered an appropriate fate,
for those who insist on clicking on click-bate.

No, I didn't. Never clicked it.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer
40. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailer Dec 18, 2016, 01:20 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 16:52:
In case anyone's wondering what happened to the promised Squadron 42 presentation for CitizenCon (back in October) that was hyped all year long and according to Christ Roberts missed being ready for prime time by the width of a pubic hair and that was supposed to be shown really, really very super-soon after CitizenCon but then was never heard from again until today, well, here's the bullshit excuse from the holiday newsletter...

In anticipation of today's Live Stream, I did want to address one thing that I have been seeing speculation on in the forums: whether or not today's Live Stream will feature the Squadron 42 Vertical Slice.

After we made the decision before CitizenCon that the Squadron 42 vertical slice wasn’t ready to be shown publically, we spent some time on reviewing how far off we were and what we wanted to achieve in order to be comfortable showing a full chapter of S42 gameplay. After all the effort we expended for CitizenCon, we didn’t want to spend additional developer time polishing intermediate solutions if it wasn’t going towards the final product. A slick demo isn’t that helpful if it pushes back the finished game, so we decided that the priority should be completing full systems over getting the vertical slice into a showable state.

TL;DR After over five years (going by Roberts' own counting) they still do not have a single mission from Squadron 42 in a presentable state even though the FULL game (not just an episode) was originally supposed to be delivered in late 2014.

The amazing thing is that he flat out says "You know that Squadron 42 slice I promised? I lied. It's not coming, and never will be."

And people STILL go "OMG CHRIS ROBERTS LET ME BUY MORE PICTURES OF PRETTY STARSHIPS FOR $400!!"

I mean...

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2016, 23:09 Creston

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Dec 17, 2016, 15:48:
64 degrees and sunny here in LA. I might need to put on a sweatshirt when I go out later.

BobBob?

16. 2016 was a good year? Dec 17, 2016, 23:08 Creston

what the fucking fuck??

Cram those 99 reasons up your fucking bunghole, medium.com, whatever the fuck you are.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 17, 2016, 23:07 Creston

At least they've stopped pretending Denuvo is just to make sure nobody cheats in multiplayer, and have flat out admitted that it's anti-piracy DRM now.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. AT&T Verizon and their ilk Dec 17, 2016, 23:06 Creston

Get ready for corporations to blatantly piss in your face and charge you money for it, with all consumer advocates being silenced by our incoming administration.

Boy it's going to be a great four years.

News Comments > Egosoft Plans "Real" X4
20. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 16:47 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 16:04:
Creston wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 14:05:
Eh, I would have been okay with one ship, if

A) It looked cool, and not like a freaking box.
B) There were hundreds and hundreds of upgrades I could get for it, so I could keep spending money deep into the game. X-Rebirth literally had like 1 weapon upgrade for each slot, and most other systems didn't even have any. Within 3 hours of playing you could have maxed out your ship. Yay?

DarkStar One did that pretty well, basically had an RPG skill tree that you could use to customize your ship in one of three significantly different ways... Real hidden gem of the space sim genre, IMO, more akin to Freelancer than Elite or X. It's not a huge game but I've played through it a handful of times over the years. It's worth the regular price of $10, though I'm sure it gets to be pretty cheap during a Steam sale.

Cool. I'll give it a look, thanks

19. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 16:46 Creston

Pr()ZaC wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 14:28:
Creston wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 14:05:
It felt like a real achievement to get enough money to buy one of those.
Chris Roberts likes the way you think.

Lol, touche.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
44. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 14:10 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 12:08:
I think the other thing that bugs me is the group of people most convinced the mainstream media always lies is the same group that kept defending Fox News when people called it out circa 2005-2010.

That works the other way around too, though. There are plenty of people who believe Fox News literally is the mouth piece of the devil, while blithely swallowing everything CNN, MSNBC and HuffPo say as the absolute gospel.

Every media outlet has an agenda nowadays.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2016, 14:07 Creston

So, Obama will angrily shake his fist in the rough general direction of Russia on the day he leaves the White House?

14. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 14:05 Creston

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 13:29:
That sounds exactly like what happened. Otherwise it's hard to believe how they could go seriously off the rails with such a straight forward formula. People who want space sims want the ability to acquire and fly all manner of ships...at the very least. That's like, rule number one.

Eh, I would have been okay with one ship, if

A) It looked cool, and not like a freaking box.
B) There were hundreds and hundreds of upgrades I could get for it, so I could keep spending money deep into the game. X-Rebirth literally had like 1 weapon upgrade for each slot, and most other systems didn't even have any. Within 3 hours of playing you could have maxed out your ship. Yay?

But yeah, even so, finally having enough money to buy my first Terran T2 (in X3:TC)and fully arm it was amazing. I didn't care that it was a wallowing pig to fly, I loved just going into Xenon sectors and laying absolute WASTE to everything.

It felt like a real achievement to get enough money to buy one of those.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
22. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 16, 2016, 12:31 Creston

I think they just email the list of addresses to AMD each day with the subject title "HAHAHAHA SUCK IT".

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 16, 2016, 12:29 Creston

On a similar note, goodbye, and thank you, Tom Wheeler. You were the biggest surprise in US government in decades.

You were able to stave off the "bend over and take it from Comcast/Verizon/AT&T and LIKE IT!" apocalypse for a few years.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 16, 2016, 10:40 Creston

By the end of Trump's presidency, there will basically be one internet provider for everyone, and that one provider will still bleat that "Competition keeps us honest" which our government will swallow hook line and sinker.

News Comments > Next Total War Plans
1. Re: Next Total War Plans Dec 16, 2016, 10:37 Creston

I understand they make good money off of these, and I'll never begrudge fans of the series more games they enjoy, but how on earth are the devs not getting burned out? They've literally been making the same game for... what, almost 20 years now?  

1. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 10:35 Creston

When we worked on X Rebirth we needed to make a lot of simplifications.

I wish they would finally just come out and admit that they built it for consoles, screwed up, then tried to foist it off on their existing fan base to recoup some of the money they spent.

That said, I'm cautiously excited for X4. I will not, however, ever pre-order anything from them again. X3 was already pretty badly broken when it came out, but X-Rebirth was just a fucking slap in the face. Steam should have forced them to classify it as Early Access.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
20. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 16, 2016, 10:33 Creston

I didn't say it was a big deal, I was just curious why they require a login then. And they sell the email address? Really? There are businesses out there that pay for just an email address? (Since it has no other data associated with it, other than maybe "Presumably owns an Nvidia card." I mean, that makes you what, 0.00005 cents per address?

Eh :-shrug-:

The latest versions of the Geforce experience fail to install for me, so it's a bit of a moot point, but it's a curious requirement on their part.

28525 Comments. 1427 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo