Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27850 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
26. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 7, 2016, 12:35 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 22:08:
Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 11:50:
I'm honestly not sure what there's left to enhance. The game is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe put the SP Gwent game's balance changes into Witcher 3, but that's about all I can think of.

(and yes, all of you who say the combat is terrible, whatever. Go play Doom.)

I still use around 10 mods... so there is that. Not that they see eye to eye with me on those.

I'll second nin's comment. Which mods are you using?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
13. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:27 Creston

Desalus wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:04:
Beta will have no cash shop in order to draw people in and get them hooked,

Heh. I don't think there's much danger of that.

News Comments > Evolve Stage 2 Details
12. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:24 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 10:04:
Dead game goes free to play. People that paid for this pos are thrilled.

Yeah, but...but... they get FOUNDER STATUS! CAPITALIZED, SO YOU KNOW IT'S DOUBLE IMPRESSIVE!!1!!!eleven!!1!

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Jul 7, 2016, 12:23 Creston

I picked up AC:Mordor complete for $12 and Wolfenstein for a tenner. Both seem like cool games, and I don't mind paying 10 bucks for either.

Sure, I can lament the loss of the "Buy awesome games for $2.50!" era, but the reality of it was that I bought a bunch of games that I never played, or even installed.

And if this made more revenue for devs, then cool.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 12:17 Creston

Verno, since you're the chair fix magician ( ), any idea what part I need to fix a chair where the hydraulics have failed? (Ie, the chair won't stay at the highest position anymore. As soon as anyone sits on it, it slowly starts sliding down.)  

News Comments > Evolve Countdown
16. Re: Evolve Countdown Jul 6, 2016, 18:59 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 14:19:
Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 12:03:
I'm counting down to the moment when I start caring about anything Turtle Rock Studios does.

3,987,245,845,201 ... 3,987,245,845,200 ... 3,987,245,845,199 ...

In 126,435 years, Creston will lose his shit over a Turtle Rock Studios game.

It's gonna be AWESOME! I just know it!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 14:11 Creston

El Pit wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 13:50:
The Half Elf wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 13:43:
... or was that from the Natural History Museum?

Blue... Is... Turok!?

Golbez... is my brother?!

News Comments > Evolve Countdown
8. Re: Evolve Countdown Jul 6, 2016, 12:03 Creston

I'm counting down to the moment when I start caring about anything Turtle Rock Studios does.

3,987,245,845,201 ... 3,987,245,845,200 ... 3,987,245,845,199 ...

News Comments > Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4
18. Re: Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4 Jul 6, 2016, 11:55 Creston

Wuh? So that's all the content you're giving for that $50 (or however hell high you hiked it) season pass?

I mean, I got the season pass for 20 bucks so I'm fine, but I can see a LOT of people feeling ripped off.

Other than several stupid gimmick DLCs, you (will have) released exactly two DLCs of note, Far Harbor and Nuka Time. That's BS, Pete Hines.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 11:52 Creston

Grats, Blue, and thanks!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 6, 2016, 11:50 Creston

So see, Rockstar? No need to do anything with RDR. There CLEARLY is no demand for it whatsoever.

/Fucking Sarcasm.

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
3. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 11:50 Creston

I'm honestly not sure what there's left to enhance. The game is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe put the SP Gwent game's balance changes into Witcher 3, but that's about all I can think of.

(and yes, all of you who say the combat is terrible, whatever. Go play Doom.)

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Jul 5, 2016, 13:27 Creston

I guess it makes sense why they do it, because buying the Legendary edition on PC is, in essence, buying the Remastered Edition for a heavy discount. But it's still shady to inflate it right before the sale.

I still can't believe they're going to sell a few new shaders on a 5 year old game for 60 bucks on PS4 and bone...

News Comments > SEGA Acquires Amplitude
4. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 13:23 Creston

This is NOT good news.

and reinforces Sega Europe’s position as a market leader in publishing high quality PC games

Which high quality PC games are we talking about here, Sega?

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat?
8. Re: Blizzard Sues Over Overwatch Cheat? Jul 5, 2016, 13:22 Creston

If it is, Bossland seems defiant, saying the California court has no jurisdiction over their German company

Yeah, that just seems like a waste of money there, Blizzard.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2016, 00:48 Creston

Not as many good games, and quite a few high profile (or at least highly reported) failures. Also, they switched payment providers, and I, for one, can no longer even support a kickstarter if I want to, because their fancy new payment processor doesn't take my credit card.

News Comments > New Diablo Plans Revealed?
8. Re: New Diablo Plans Revealed? Jul 2, 2016, 01:50 Creston

This person, even before being hired, has already been termed a "fucking loser" by Jay Wilson.

News Comments > ELEX Details; Trailer
3. Re: ELEX Details; Trailer Jul 1, 2016, 14:17 Creston

After Gothic 2 it's been a rapid slide downhill for these guys. I want to be excited about this, but I think I'm going to just do what I now typically do with their games, which is just forget they exist.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Announced
18. Re: BioShock: The Collection Announced Jul 1, 2016, 14:14 Creston

nin wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 09:40:
Creston wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 09:22:
True, I forgot about that, but I can currently play Mass Effect just fine. RDR, I CANNOT play anymore.

That's a good point I'd not initially considered. If you have or get an xbone, it's supposed to be (eventually? They leaked it, pulled it, and I'm not sure if it's back yet) backwards compatible there. But it is a shame they don't port it and clean it up a bit.

Disturbing rumors keep floating around that they are trying to finish the backward compatibility port, but keep running into bad, bad bugs that they don't seem to be able to fix. So I don't have much hope for that.

And R* would sell MILLIONS of copies if they ported it to bone and PS4 and sold it again. MILLIONS.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Ban White Trucks!!! Jul 1, 2016, 13:52 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 13:32:
AND ultimately to your point, you cannot give me a full autonomous car and then lay down "but I'm still ultimately responsible and have to be alert at a moments notice". This goes against human nature, if your car is going to handle 99.9% of the driving and you don't think I'm going to get comfortable with that and do something else, you are a FOOL. This is a suckers deal.

It's different levels of autonomous driving. The fully autonomous, you get in, tell the car where you want to go, and sit in the back and read/watch a movie/masturbate type car is considered a class IV autonomous vehicle. None such vehicle exists today, and even if it did, no such vehicle has been authorized to (test) drive on US roads. So if/when you get into such a vehicle, you would not be asked to keep your hands on the wheel and stay alert the whole journey. A class IV vehicle can essentially drive around the US by itself, whether you are in the car or not. (AI JOYRIDES! WHOOO! Convoy starts at noon PST at Santa Monica pier!)

Tesla CLAIMS its vehicles will be class IV capable in two years. I think Elon Musk is blowing smoke up his investor's asses, but he undoubtedly has a better handle on how far along his software is than I have.

Most of the autonomous cars testing on the road today are considered class II, with a sprinkling of class III thrown in. (the few cars that have driven from LA to NYC are class III. Tesla is currently classified as class II, because you have to still be sitting with your hands on the wheel, and you essentially still make 99% of the decisions.)

It'll be at least another decade before we see class IV vehicles, and probably another two before they become prevalent on the roads.

Until such a time, if someone wants to be GM's (or Toyota, or Nissan, or VW, or whomever, really) test dummy for their cheapest bidder's shoddy code, that they know is broken but refuse to recall, hey, be my guest.

On more immediate topic: This was not Tesla's autopilot's fault. It makes no decisions other than to keep an X amount of distance between you and the car in front of you. You have to tell it to change lanes, etc.

Edit: Actually, let me rethink that. From the way I read descriptions of the accident, I assumed the Tesla and the trailer were side by side, going in the same direction. I see from a drawing from the FHP that the truck turned left in front of the tesla and thus the tesla essentially ran right under/through it.

The Tesla's sensor charged with watching the front apparently doesn't see anything above its own height. Thus, it never saw the trailer.

So while the driver is still at fault (as the Tesla autopilot is NOT an autonomous vehicle, and you should never take your attention off the road while your car is on autopilot), the sensor here blatantly failed to see an obstruction a human driver who was paying attention would have easily seen.

So yeah, I'll skip the autonomotive singularity, thank you.

Edit 2: Mobileye, the company who makes the sensors on the Tesla, stated:

“We have read the account of what happened in this case. Today’s collision avoidance technology, or Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) is defined as rear-end collision avoidance, and is designed specifically for that. This incident involved a laterally crossing vehicle, which current-generation AEB systems are not designed to actuate upon. Mobileye systems will include Lateral Turn Across Path (LTAP) detection capabilities beginning in 2018, and the Euro NCAP safety ratings will include this beginning in 2020.”

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2016, 15:30.

27850 Comments. 1393 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo