Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29009 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2017, 10:54 Creston

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 01:38:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 23:35:
Sempai wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 22:28:
As far as i'm aware Amazon doesn't have a presence here in Utah, and we're paying tax on every transaction.. How does that work?

You can blame your local government for that:

"Effective January 1, 2017, the Internet sales behemoth will begin collecting Utahís state sales tax. Itís part of an agreement between Amazon and the Utah State Tax Commission. Amazon will collect both Utahís 4.7 percent sales tax rate and local option sales taxes, the commission has said. "

FOUR POINT SEVEN?! And you're complaining?! It's more than double that here. >:/

Last I checked, sales tax was 21% in the Netherlands, so it could always be significantly worse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Images?
8. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Images? Mar 25, 2017, 22:42 Creston

"We didn't make a billion dollars with the last CoD, it MUST be the setting! Quick, go back to WW2, I'm sure people aren't tired of that yet!"

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2017, 17:09 Creston

In OK, we've had to pay tax on Amazon sales for years, but always with work from my end. Fuck that noise. If you want me to pay tax on shit, add it into the price and let the seller deal with sending that to the government. You know, the way it works EVERYWHERE.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Mar 25, 2017, 17:06 Creston

Cool article. Amazing that he turned down royalties on the games, thinking they wouldn't sell anything. That's probably cost him a sweet few million bucks...

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
68. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 13:49 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 19:14:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 19:10:
Look on the bright side; no matter how the actual game turns out, this whole experience will end up as a PhD level topic for some psychologist's case study. "Why did so many people continue to give money for no discernable return, for so long?"

id be willing to bet there will be at least one book written on this..

"The Star Citizen Welfare Program: How tens of thousands of people around the world kept donating money to keep ~ 300 people employed."

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch
28. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 17:39 Creston

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 16:34:
Thanks for all your replies guys
ME3 isn't on Steam either, presumably for the same reason.

Yup. The only reason ME2 is on Steam is because it was sold on Steam originally and EA didn't want to deal with removing it while 90% of its player base owns that game on Steam.

Everything since then has been Origin only.

News Comments > StarCraft II Skins Previewed
8. How the average meeting at blizzard goes: Mar 24, 2017, 17:36 Creston

"Money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money..."

*deep sigh*

"money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money. Did I leave anything out?"

"Sir, what about the money?"

"Oh shitz! Money money money money"

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2017, 14:49 Creston

yonder wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 13:54:
Please ignore ME1 and ME2 as examples of what happens when you put forth the effort as we were under different management then. Thank you.

EA owned them for ME2.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2017, 14:47 Creston

They just couldn't be arsed. Oh, but animations cost money!

This whole "they ran out of time" thing is bullshit anyway, as

A) They had five fucking years.
B) Ryder is often one of the least animated characters. Since Ryder is the one I'm staring at the whole time, maybe at least do THAT one?

So yeah, no. Nice try making a former employee attempt to take the heat off, Bioware, but it doesn't fly.

Obligatory: Game is still lots of fun anyway.
Obligatory: Witcher 3 did it with an algorithm and it looks fucking amazing.

Somewhere at Bioware, someone is reading that pcgamer article, and this section in particular

CD Projekt wanted decisions in The Witcher 3 to feel meaningful, and for them to feel meaningful players needed to form emotional attachments with the characters. They wanted to be able to sell drama by showing it, not by telling you up front a scene was supposed to be emotional. Writing 101, essentially.

and is going "WUH???" Drool

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2017, 15:02.

21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 08:46 Creston

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 04:31:
Game still isn't available here on Steam (central Europe). I even searched for it. Nothing. It's not even mentioned.

Not that I cared much because there is nothing I despise more in a game than paid micro-transactions, and MEA has them all...

It won't ever come to Steam. It also has exactly one micro transaction that's completely optional.

6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 00:24 Creston

1badmf wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 23:10:
what the fuck? most people who are going to play this haven't beaten it yet, but htey're releasing time-limited MP story missions? i cant play this shit cuz i dno't want the SP campaign spoiled!

They're separate missions that only marginally tie in with the SP campaign. There will be no spoilers.

1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 23, 2017, 21:28 Creston

KROGAN HAMMER!

It'll be interesting to see these missions.

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
1. Re: Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3 Mar 23, 2017, 21:27 Creston

Man, he's been at this for a long time.

I've enjoyed most of "his" games, so it'll be sad to see him go. Hopefully inXile keeps making cool RPGs.

Btw, what's the Mage's Tale? Did that get Kickstarted too?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Australian dash cam Mar 23, 2017, 11:24 Creston

That was like the ultra-tame version of Russian dash cam owners. Seriously. No shotguns, no crashes, no cursing someone's entire family into the seventh circle of hell, no fist fights?

3 out of 10.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 23, 2017, 11:09 Creston

lol, like Apple gives a shit if you wipe all their users' data. They're neck and neck with microsoft for the most customer unfriendly tech company on earth.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
85. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 23, 2017, 00:31 Creston

NKD wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 00:27:
They are all passive upgrades or toggleable features. Once you make them they are automatically installed the next time you're in it. From what I can tell you can get them all, You dont have to choose.

Ahhh, that makes more sense then. Thanks

83. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 23, 2017, 00:22 Creston

NKD wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 23:43:
Creston wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 23:36:
powersliding your Nomad on ice like you're Tanner Fucking Foust while running over dipshit Kett,

I recommend installing the mod on the Nomad that lets you toggle traction control off It's amazing for doing stupid shit.

Where do I install mods for the Nomad? I can't find it anywhere. :\

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Amazon to expand counterfeit removal program in overture to sellers. Mar 22, 2017, 23:47 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 21:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 20:11:
Uh, how is that bad for consumers? I bought a spare charger a while ago that was labeled OFFICIAL SAMSUNG OEM, same shape as the one that came with my phone with the logo on there and everything... But it was a fake. Both the adapter and USB cable are physically flimsy compared to the real deal, and it doesn't fast-charge. It's ridiculous how so many third-party vendors get away with that sort of thing.

I've got no problem with them selling bargain bin accessories, sometimes they're good enough, but they shouldn't be allowed to charge more for their cheap junk by imitating the branded product. I'm surprised more companies haven't sued Amazon over the kind of complacency and tacit approval they've shown so far.
I have not had much luck with "oem" replacement parts. My go to company for inexpensive "quality" chargers and cables is anker, not every counterfeit is this easy to spot.

I buy cheap-ass laptop batteries off Amazon. Literally like 40% of the cost of what stinking HP is charging. So far, they've been pretty much on par as the factory ones. *knocks furiously on every wooden surface nearby*

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 22, 2017, 23:45 Creston

Fuck John Deere, Fuck Apple, and Fuck every manufacturer who tries to gouge you up the ass with repair costs by making it illegal to do your own repairs. Die in a fucking fire, all you asshole senior management cuntsacks who came up with this fucking scam.

81. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 22, 2017, 23:36 Creston

Bioware must be going a little nuts over how this keeps happening to them.

- They make a great game with ME3, but all everyone talked about was the shitty "Mac Walters Masturbates About How Great A Writer He Is" Ending that lasted 25 minutes of a 40-50 hour game.

- They make a pretty good game with DA:I, with some excellent main quests, and most people only ever commented on the shitty MMO sidequests.

- And now they've made a really good Mass Effect game, and all everyone talks about is the (admittedly terrible) facial animations, and the 10 lines of dialogue out of 4000 that I've heard so far that are bad.

Then again, on the flipside, they also do it themselves. Vould, the ice planet, is SO MUCH more fun than Eos, and yet they make you slog through the dreary shit that is Eos first. (Eos gets better, btw, but the first few hours on that planet are just SO.DULL.)

And then you get to Vould, and it's just non-stop attacks on Kett outposts, awesome scenery, powersliding your Nomad on ice like you're Tanner Fucking Foust while running over dipshit Kett, cool side missions, an incredible base assault mission... And all I can think is, why didn't you do THIS planet first?? Why was THIS not in your early preview?? Why do you keep putting the boring shit first, game after game after game?? Had Vould been the planet in the ten hour trial, the conversation this past weekend might have been substantially different.

Stupid...

(On a side note, I guess several of the side quests in Vould can be classified as "MMO fetch quests". You'll kill Kett in an outpost, and find something that you either scan or blow up, and then SAM basically goes "drone drone waffle waffle you need to find five more of these, and then I will give you a waypoint to something cool."

Personally, I never bothered looking for any of these things, I just came across them as I kept taking out outposts, and imo a fetch quest is just a "go here, click X, return", whereas these have some pretty hefty combat in them. But if you consider that an MMO fetch quest, then yes, there are quite a few of them.)

Up to level 19 now, have the Vanguard 2 Profile unlocked, and I'm just a whirling dervish of death. Occasionally I'll get caught out, but most of the time it's just Charge, Bang Bang, KROGAN HAMMER, dual throw, and there's six dead Kett. 1 from the charge, 1 from the hammer, 2 from the shotgun and 2 from the Throw who don't yet realize they're now falling down a 10000 foot cliffside.

29009 Comments. 1451 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo