Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30033 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2017, 22:21 Creston

If I was a billionaire, and I'd somehow managed to not turn into a complete fucking sociopath, like every other billionaire, as soon as Ajit Pai killed the Internet, I'd buy all the internet access in his area, then subject him to worst fucking misery imaginable on his internet access.

And when he'd inevitably complain, I'd laugh and tell him that this was all perfectly legal.

Oh, it's a pleasant thought. Maybe we'll still get lucky and he'll get hit by a fucking bus. Subject 400 million people to shit just so you can make a paycheck... Calling him a Nazi seems to be cruel to the Nazis.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 6, 2017, 22:18 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 21:49:
I don't get why EVGA has so many 1070ti models....they can't bump up the speeds on them, Nvidia locked that down so you can't push a 1070ti faster than a 1080.

? I think you can. They just don't want them clocked that way straight out of the gate.

The big advantage a 1080 has over a 1070ti is that it has 3GB more memory, but other than that, the 1070ti is a goddamn monster of a card. I got the MSI Gaming one, and the thing is COMPLETELY quiet. I'm not being hyperbolic. It is COMPLETELY quiet. While I'm playing a game, I can't hear it. Right now while I'm on the web, I can't hear it.

I turned the fan to 100% to see what it'd sound like, and it's literally barely a whisper. It is AMAZING how quiet they made that thing, especially considering the heatsink weighs like 9000 lbs. (I was seriously worried about the weight of that card hanging in that PCI-E slot. It's the heaviest graphics card I've ever owned.)

My old GTX970 (by EVGA, coincidentally) is a fucking twin-turbo vacuum cleaner compared to the 1070ti.

News Comments > Valve Cashing Out of Bitcoin
7. Re: Valve Cashing Out of Bitcoin Dec 6, 2017, 22:14 Creston

Huh, I'd totally forgotten you could use Bitcoin on Valve. What they're saying makes sense, though.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 17:36 Creston

Flo wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 16:20:
this, I will never forgive Sony for this. Say what you will but Microsoft knows its security and they never had a major incident like this.

Ahem

Cough

Hurgh

etc etc etc.

All other things you said, sure. It's a nice box.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2017, 10:53 Creston

1) It's cheaper
2) It has better exclusive games.
3-6) ???
7) Profit!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 6, 2017, 10:49 Creston

That seems like a classic bait and switch?

News Comments > The Battle for Star Control Continues
9. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Dec 6, 2017, 10:47 Creston

Ah, I see what you're saying.

Yeah I don't get the hate for the new Xcoms either. They're awesome games, and exist quite happily alongside the old ones. People are weird.

7. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Dec 6, 2017, 09:34 Creston

I think Paul and Fred need to just shut up now, and get back to work. I don't even understand why they're being so obstinate about this, as Wardell has made it clear multiple times that they're getting their royalties.

6. Re: The Battle for Star Control Continues Dec 6, 2017, 09:33 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 08:21:
Numinar wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 08:07:
a game willing to let you fail after dozens of hours invested, like the OG Xcom. Absolute classic.

Have you played the new XCOMs? They do that, too?

Fail after dozens of hours? Oh shit yeah. That Avatar clock is merciless, as are the Chosen. When they come to attack your base, and you don't have a force capable of stopping them, they will gank you and it's bye bye. And this can happen after an easy 20 to 30 hours (it takes a while anyway, since the Chosen have to build up intel before they track down your base.)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 16:48 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 15:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 5, 2017, 14:21:
Almost 30k under mandatory evacuation. California is on fire again.
But the warm winters are great, right?

Someone call Bob, ask him how the fire's doing, and if there's room for all the rest of us to move over there yet.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2017, 16:47 Creston

A Fribble?

News Comments > Bossa Studios Making AI Push
12. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 5, 2017, 15:20 Creston

if(lady_alien && skin == GREEN)
{
stickTongueDownCaptainsThroat();
}
else if(blob_alien)
{
killRedGuy();
}
PlayVoiceOVer(Bones1)"Dammit! He's dead, Jim!"
{

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2017, 15:17 Creston

"Killing Net Neutrality will bring Enormous benefits! I mean, Enormous! With a capital E! To our shareholders. And Ajit Pai.

"To you the customer? Yeah, not so much. By which I mean none. Like, there will No benefits to you people whatsoever. No with a capital N. You're all going to get shafted. Now, about that one website you like to visit, bluespoos, or something? That'll be an extra $15 monthly. Oh, you want to post comments on it, too? Let's make it $25, since we're friends."

News Comments > Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans
29. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 5, 2017, 15:10 Creston

World in Conflict is pretty good, but when I played it there were several parts I found pretty frustrating. (Can't really remember which parts where, though... Been awhile.)

Black Flag is one of the all-time awesome games, and if you don't have it yet, first off all please go stand in the corner and pay penance, then get it, because it's AWESOME.

Did I mention it was AWESOME??

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 15:06 Creston

Modern games not playable on nine year old processors! Film at eleven! Rolleyes

News Comments > Star Control Rights Follow-up
9. Re: Star Control Rights Follow-up Dec 5, 2017, 15:02 Creston

Atari checked with its lawyers and wrote back confirming our claims, apologizing to everyone for the mistake and informing GOG to remove the games from sale and pay any royalties earned to us.

Fine. So produce that document, and this entire saga will end. Instead, all we get is the two of them continuously claiming all existing rights belong to them, without anything to back it up.

Sadly, in the games industry, being the creator very very very very very often means you do NOT, in fact, own the rights to said game. If these rights lay with Accolade, later bought by Infogrames, later turned into Atari, then sold to Stardock, then Stardock has every right to sell your games.

If all Brad Wardell wants to see is a document that proves what you say is true and he'll stop selling your games, why are you continuing to whine on your blog about how unfair it all is? Show him the freaking document already.

News Comments > Who Controls Star Control?
31. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 4, 2017, 15:04 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 14:47:
Wrong. Brad Wardell himself stated the case was settled and that each side agreed to withdraw their claims. He claims no money was exchanged as part of the settlement but there are plenty of ways to compensate her whilst still claiming she received no money. The entire situation seems quite sketchy and completely in keeping with the exchanges I've had with him over on Neowin, which is partially owned by Stardock.

Wardell filed the counterclaim to destroy her credibility and it was only after she filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against him. Even in Wardell's subsequent interviews he's gone out of his way to attack feminism, so I really don't have any doubt he created a hostile work environment in the manner described. Here's a direct quote from Wardell about feminists: "They donít like men. Theyíre the ones who say they drink male tears and that sort of thing, I donít like that."

You need to stop reading between the lines. Both lawsuits were dismissed with the only stipulation between the two that SHE apologizes to Wardell for what she did. If she had a leg to stand on, do you think that's what would've happened?

Holy crap you make a lot of shit up if you don't like somebody.

News Comments > Bossa Studios Making AI Push
7. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 14:58 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 12:32:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 10:57:
Soon the games will play us.

They'll conveniently and automatically connect your credit card and buy you some loot boxes when the complex algorithms determine we are too hopeless to git gud. EA expects this to greatly increase the sensation of pride and accomplishment.

Giggle Giggle

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 11:13 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 19:43:
Yup. PUBG's been top dawg since March consistently every fucking week after week after week...
No CoD, no AssCreed, no Middle Earth, no GTA, no Skyrim, no Witcher has been able to dethrone it. Sad but true.

I think there was one week where something outsold it? It was just for that week, but I think there was one little blip in PUBG's dominance.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2017, 11:12 Creston

My wife's not a fan, but she has asked if we're going to go see it. We probably will, but after six or seven weeks or so, on a quiet Saturday morning.

30033 Comments. 1502 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo