Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29630 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Ruiner Released
7. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 26, 2017, 22:27 Creston

Unless you like being frustrated to the point of fucking agony, or you're really, REALLY good at twitch games, I'd give this one a miss.

The checkpoint system in this game is ridiculous. It'll gladly throw you up against 20 - 30 enemies in a row, each of whom can kill you in ~ 2 shots, and if you die against enemy 29, you get put back at the start of the battle against enemy #1. And then you die at 20, go back to 1. Die at 14, go back to 1. Die against 30, go back to 1. Etc etc etc etc etc etc ad infinitum. I was already lucky to get past the very first boss battle, where you even have a time limit, but in the very next mission you get into an area where there's molotov throwers, guys with shotguns (one shot kill), guys with pistols, melee guys, all coming at you at once. There's like seven guys all running around shooting and slashing at you, and like I said, two shots and you're dead. Or one from the shotgun guy. It's a little exaggerated on the difficulty spike. I've been trying this battle for 20 minutes now. I give up.

Sure, you'll get better and probably be able to handle it, but I'm not sure that hours of aggravation is worth it. For me it isn't, anyway. You have to basically be perfect to get through a battle. One bad dash (which you can run out of temporarily,) and you're fucked. Kind of sucks if you've just been fighting for six minutes straight and a single mistake forces you to redo the entire battle again. And again. And again and again and again and again and again and again and......

For those significantly better at games than I am : It looks great, the sound track is awesome (if you like this kind of music anyway), it plays silky smooth, lots of different weapons (though each only gives you a few shots, so you wind up using your shit pistol 99% of the time). The city of Rengkok oozes cyberpunk charm. It looks like there's a pretty deep skill system (though I leveled up and had a skill point, and didn't appear to be able to spend it for whatever weird reason).

Movement is a little clunky, imo. I don't like games where N, E, S and W is always the same, rather than relative to your character. I much prefer back to always be back for my character rather than a set direction no matter which way I'm facing, but that's just my personal feeling on it. I'm sure most people prefer it this way.

So far, the two levels that I saw looked extremely similar. Probably not a ton of variety in that, but then again, I played it for an hour, so who knows. The "story" and cutscenes are pretty terrible. I don't really expect much in a top down shooter, but on the flipside, why go through all this effort to put an entire city in there to not really bother much with story?

Got a side mission in the city about cats and them being spying devices which was kinda cool, but then the last cat I needed to hack was behind a huge crowd of people and no matter what I couldn't get at it. So, stuck side mission 30 minutes in?

But the combat just killed me, and killed it for me. I'm too old for this kind of aggravation. Ten minutes in I basically stopped having fun. I think I may reinstall Zombie Shooter 2, or Shadowgrounds or something and play those. Sorry, Ruiner. You're getting refunded. Hopefully most people will enjoy you more than I did.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2017, 22:44.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
1. Re: Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition Sep 26, 2017, 20:59 Creston

Dammit Todd, announce your next freaking game already. I've finished Fallout 4. I've even played another 120 hours in Skyrim SE.

I NEED MOAR GAME.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 26, 2017, 20:57 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 19:20:
LOL, I just read at the Guardian that the glass backs are more expensive than the screen to replace.

Apparently the glass back is to facilitate wireless charging?

Or to rip people off by replacing it when they drop it. I'm more inclined to think the latter.

5. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 26, 2017, 18:42 Creston

GMG's site is not working properly. Shit.

Guess I'm just buying it off Steam then.

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
49. Re: Intel's Sep 26, 2017, 18:34 Creston

Wetworks wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 16:32:
If your only into gaming or need the best gaming performance then 8700k is the best option. It'll perform better than the 7700K in games and will be somewhere around the 1700 for productivity.

Right, but I'm fed up with Intel's bullshit, and the birdshit they use as TIM so they can save themselves 20 cents per processor and force people to replace worn out processors faster, so I'm definitely going AMD.

Thanks for the tips on the 1700/1600.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 15:50 Creston

Someone show drumpf how to use Google Street View. Might help with his dementia.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 11:51 Creston

VoodooV wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 21:51:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/treknology-weapons.htm

inconsistencies in phasers among many other things.

I stand corrected on the phasers in warp theory.

46. Re: Intel's Sep 26, 2017, 11:48 Creston

Anyone have any opinions on what the golden spot is for Ryzen? 1700s? 1700Xs?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 26, 2017, 10:55 Creston

Wow. 9 months detention. That'll teach him.

How about at least making him pay for the $10K wasted every time that asswipe swatted somebody? A half a million dollars bill might at least make some idiots think twice in the future. 9 months of detention isn't going to do jack.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 26, 2017, 10:50 Creston

#crookedwhitehouse.

LOCK THEM UP.

News Comments > Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month
1. Re: Cities Skylines Green Cities Next Month Sep 26, 2017, 10:48 Creston

This looks like a very cool expansion. Definitely picking this up.

1. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 26, 2017, 10:32 Creston

Think I'm gonna pick this up, several reviews seem to indicate it's a really solid title.

17 bucks on GMG.

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
1. Moss Key Sep 26, 2017, 10:29 Creston

Blue,

They're called Boss Key, unless you made a funny by indicating that they're slowly decaying in a forest somewhere.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2017, 23:14 Creston

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 20:40:
Does sexting with a minor result in a prison term nationwide? Seems sort of harsh to me.

Oh yeah. Don't chat or text with a minor and bring up sex. Ever. In fact, don't ever talk to them, just to be safe.

I find it a little over the top the way the US prosecutes this, but on the flipside, we know kids are dumb and terrifyingly easy to take advantage of, so if we don't protect them this way the predators will have a fucking field day.

In any case, this guy is a fucking moron and two years in the slammer MAY do him some good. Probably not, but eh.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2017, 23:11 Creston

“The prosecutors are skeptical that I have truly changed and I don’t blame them,” he said.

To speak in the words of Citizen G'Kar. "You're not sorry that you did it! You're only sorry that you got caught!"

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 25, 2017, 23:10 Creston

Gives a great new meaning to "All Access."

Pay us 10 bucks, and you grant us all access to your PC!

News Comments > Tentative SAG-AFTRA Deal
2. Re: Tentative SAG-AFTRA Deal Sep 25, 2017, 23:08 Creston

Bill Borre wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 20:37:
Sounds like they still didn't get residuals. I would figure that is a big disappointment to them.

Probably, though I imagine it depends on how big the new bonus payments are.

In any case, I'm glad they got (most of) what they were looking for.

24. Re: Intel's Sep 25, 2017, 16:41 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 15:26:
I am thinking of building an AMD based system next.

Yep, me too. If for no other reason that if Ryzen 2 comes out and is significantly better at gaming, all you'll need to do is plug in the new processor and flash the BIOS. No new chipset needed, like Intel's rip-off bullshit.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Apple lied about their products Sep 25, 2017, 15:23 Creston

Here's my shocked face.

Blank

21. Re: Intel's Sep 25, 2017, 15:03 Creston

And you still get Intel's cheap shitty paste on the die rather than solder! Think of all the money that saved them! On a million processors, that probably saved them like 200 grand! Don't you feel proud now?

When the heat from that processor overwhelms you, just think of the extra money you generated for Intel's shareholders.

29630 Comments. 1482 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo