Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30724 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 26, 2018, 15:27 Creston

Beamer wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 12:15:
MrBone wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 12:07:
I love the slow pace myself. If you want faster stuff, go free wander and have a ball. The first version was the same. This is the West, not GTA.

I think he means the actual way stick inputs become movement, not the pacing of the game.

Yeah that didn't seem that difficult to comprehend.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 26, 2018, 11:14 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 26, 2018, 11:06:
Not the dumbass cop who shot and killed an unarmed man though.

Hey man, if a poor cop feels threatened in any way, it's totally legit for him to pull his gun and just empty 17 clips on any human or animal nearby. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE POOR THREATENED POLICE OFFICERS??!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 26, 2018, 10:29 Creston

30 years in Federal prison seems about right for this piece of shit.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 26, 2018, 10:28 Creston

Played a little bit of RDR2 this morning. Unbelievable detail, but I agree with pretty much every reviewer that it's just extremely cumbersome to play.

Don't get me wrong, I normally like that Rockstar games' characters have weight and presence to them. I don't want them zipping around like Shadows of War or Assassin's Creed. But I think they may have gone overboard here...

Still, other than that, it felt very RDR.

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Panoramic Trailer
1. Re: Just Cause 4 Panoramic Trailer Oct 26, 2018, 10:25 Creston

Very purdy. A damn sight better than the same boring grassland and same town copy-pasta'd all over the map in JC3.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 23:06 Creston

bigspender wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 18:23:
Scientists Push for a Crash Program to Scrub Carbon From the Air.

I think this is really cool stuff. We're obviously going to go over the naturally reversible limit by 2030 so technology will be required.

Nanotech could do it (fairly easily at that.) And we're getting closer and closer to it. We've solved the constructor issue (we've built a constructor that's the size of one molecule that can move other molecules around), we're probably somewhat close to the AI issue required. Essentially all that's left is the energy issue.

(And then, of course, pray that the nanites don't just turn everything into Grey Goo. Or that fucking governments don't turn it into a weapon.)

Since we're inherently incapable of doing anything about the cause of climate change, mankind should just pour a trillion dollars into nanotech research. It should be feasible to have the technology in ~ 20 years if we essentially give the research into it an unlimited budget. Not to mention that it would also end most other problems such as limited resources, potentially poverty etc.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2018, 23:01 Creston

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 15:36:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 13:55:
Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 13:01:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 11:14:
12 hours!

CHOOO CHOOOO!!!!

Still waiting for Creston918 to accept my friends request....

Oh, that explains it, I think. I believe that's my ass-old PSN account, I don't have access to that anymore. I have a new one, named slightly differently. I'll look it up when I get home.

Hey Helf, it's CrestonOO918 now. (Double O, not zeroes.)

I just realized I don't have a PSN live account, or whatever it's called, so I can't even play MP to begin with.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 15:42 Creston

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 13:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 12:09:
Well, I don't beans about Millan, but a quick Google tells me he must have at least some understanding of dog behavior. Are you claiming his successes are faked somehow?

His successes have not been faked. However the number of failures are not known, and threin lies the problem. It is well established in scientific literature that the "alpha" behavior specific to wolves doesn't hold much water when dogs are in question. It "may" work with some dogs, just like it "may" work with some humans or any other animal for that matter, but it doesn't mean that it's a good or reliable method for training your or any other dog.

What does that mean, that there are no alpha dogs? Because that's flat-out bullshit. I can introduce you to my three dogs, and within about 30 seconds you'll see which of the three is the alpha. (and how she lords it over the other two.)

As for Cesar, of course he has failures. Nobody calls him in for a dog who occasionally doesn't listen. He only gets called for the absolute terrible cases where the dog is just flat out of control or doesn't listen at all. He's not going to be able to fix all of those.

Cesar does pretty damn good work, and I've used several of his techniques with great success over my history of 'owning' 12 dogs (and counting.)

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds Game Currency Ship Purchases
5. Re: Star Citizen Adds Game Currency Ship Purchases Oct 25, 2018, 15:38 Creston

* Note: Game Currency now only available in the store. 100 Chris Roberts Coins for $9.99. Cheapest ship is 4500 Chris Roberts Coins.  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2018, 15:36 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 13:55:
Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 13:01:
12 hours!

CHOOO CHOOOO!!!!

Still waiting for Creston918 to accept my friends request....

Oh, that explains it, I think. I believe that's my ass-old PSN account, I don't have access to that anymore. I have a new one, named slightly differently. I'll look it up when I get home.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 25, 2018, 13:01 Creston

12 hours!

CHOOO CHOOOO!!!!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 12:59 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 11:35:
Scientists Push for a Crash Program to Scrub Carbon From the Air.

They talk about it costing billions, but climate change could wipe out trillions in assets. We really need to get moving on this before it's too late.

This is why I don't understand the argument that "It would cost too much to tackle this." NOT tackling it is going to bankrupt the entire planet.

But whatever, it's already too fucking late anyways. For those of you with little kids, tell your kids some of us are sorry.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 12:58 Creston

Eh, dogs can bite. It can be your smell, it can be something he smelled right at the spot where you were, he could have been pissed off, he could have felt threatened.

My oldest dog (had him for 16 years) was the sweetest guy. Never hurt a fly. One day, he's like 12 years old, and he's lying under the couch when I drop something under the couch, and it rolls right behind him.

I reach under there and try to just slightly push him away so I can reach it, and clang, he bit me right in my hand.

It can happen. Whenever someone asks us if they can pet our dogs we always tell them that "They've never bitten anyone before, but..."

Keep an eye on that bite, Blue.

News Comments > HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month
10. Re: HELLGATE: London Returning (Again) Next Month Oct 24, 2018, 14:12 Creston

Shitty CGI trailer. No gameplay shown. Mention of "premium items."

Iow, it's going to still be the same utter shitfest that it was before.

News Comments > 3D Realms Plans QUAKE-Engine Shooter
12. Re: 3D Realms Plans QUAKE-Engine Shooter Oct 24, 2018, 10:15 Creston

So many easy jokes to make.

Instead, I'll just ask, why is 3D Realms still around? Why is anyone still working with these clowns?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 23, 2018, 23:35 Creston

Let's hope the AI will be able to handle the climate change. We sure as fuck won't. Build out all their operating capacity on the top of mountains?

News Comments > Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Launches
3. Re: Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales Launches Oct 23, 2018, 13:27 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 23, 2018, 12:11:
I can't wait to play it. Have it preloaded.
Work will be long today

Please post some thoughts when you can.

News Comments > PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up
17. Re: PC RDR2 Listing Follow-up Oct 23, 2018, 09:33 Creston

Cram wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 23:34:
Want so bad - Asking for advice

Don't own a console, don't own a 4k TV. I could get both, but I won't just for one game; would have no use for the TV beyond that. I do own a 1440p monitor with HDMI etc (Dell S2716DG). Will either the PS4 Pro or Xbox1X work with it, and will the console do its upscaling or whatever they do to work at 1440p? Would there be any negatives like, such as input lag, to worry about?

I'd imagine the XboneX and PS4Pro will do 1440P, they both scale stuff down all the time when they can't run it natively at 4K. Whether there's any lag or anything, I don't know. I can't imagine it'd be worse than on a 1080p or 4K TV.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2018, 21:22 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 19:34:
It's not just the math. To think that shooting down missiles is easy just means that you have not applied much thought to the problem.
It's call "rocket science" for a reason.

You seem to willfully ignore the fact that the human race is really, REALLY FUCKING GOOD at rocket science. We are so good at it that private companies are now doing it; private companies that now just make the missiles come back down and land on a barge.

One has to be concerned with where a missile will fall once it has been "destroyed" (see 'Failure at Dharan'.)

Of particular concern would be the "dirty bomb" effect caused by a missiles radiocative material raining down, not as damaging as detonation it's still something to keep in mind.

You'd much rather have dirty bomb shrapnel than a nuke actually explode over your cities.

But in any case, Russia has designed a missile meant to defeat ballistic shields, and I readily admit that I didn't think their arsenal was that advanced. (And I even read Foxtrot Alpha!)

Fortunately, Putin owns Trump, so no danger of a nuclear war for the next six years.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2018, 21:16 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 19:25:
The missile and reentry vehicles' ability to dynamically maneuver outside of their ballistic track makes producing an effective kill solution, or even predicting the TOPOL-M's target, problematic. All these features come together to make a missile that is probably outside of America's missile defense capabilities today, and the sheer number of them that exists makes the idea of defending against anything but a limited barrage totally invalid.

I was not aware of this bit, so I stand corrected. It's honestly probably better. Again, MAD only works as long as it is actually mutually assured.

30724 Comments. 1537 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo