Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30339 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 25, 2018, 21:00 Creston

"GODDAMMIT PAI YOU WERE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO WIN THE NEXT ELECTION NOW! SAD!"

"STOP TRYING TO SAVE YOUR OWN ASS YOU LITTLE SHIT OR YOU WILL FEEL FIRE AND FURY LIKE NO MAN HAS EVER FELT BEFORE! COVFEFE!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 25, 2018, 14:52 Creston

I like the idea of Tankee. Going to tell some of my friends with elementary-age kids about that.  

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Launches Next Generation Expansion
4. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Launches Next Generation Expansion Jul 25, 2018, 13:17 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 06:47:
I didn't see any exploding consoles. That's bullshit. Clearly it's not a real TNG experience. /s

There also needs to be more steam! Every corridor and room in the Enterprise has a pipe with steam running through it! Steam is the power of the future!

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
19. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 25, 2018, 12:56 Creston

Sooo, Steam says I have one unread chat message. I'll be fucked if I can get that one message to pop up, though. I exited out of Steam chat, and there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to come back up, other than exit the client and restart it?

And in Steam chat, I don't see this message. Yet in my notification box, there's one unread message. Clicking on it does nothing.

Seems to me like this should have been baked in beta for a while longer.

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com
6. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Multiplayer Delay on GOG.com Jul 25, 2018, 12:54 Creston

Ouch, that's a bit of a black eye for GOG.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2018, 12:31 Creston

Holy shit, Mergio died??

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 25, 2018, 12:30 Creston

Tough election monitoring = We'll think an extra second before taking Russian checks.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned
34. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 17:33 Creston

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 14:01:
Thanks for the reply. Yeah that whole "only one ship" part is the biggest problem isn't it? (In addition to the whole buggy clusterfuck mess it was at launch) I guess I could go back and reinstall it, just for the story, if its decent enough and the game and combat actually work now.

Yeah, I guess consoles didn't have enough memory to allow multiple flyable ships, so you're stuck with one. It's still fun to fly and combat in, and there are some cool upgrades for it (including quest upgrades), and it becomes an absolute murder-death-kill boat once fully upgraded. (I was tearing through Xenon destroyers in under a minute with it.)

And everything works now. I think I ran into one bug with the storyline where I had to replay a mission, but it's pretty much free sailing otherwise. I'd get a few mods to deal with the most egregious quality of life issues, and you can have some good fun for a few dozen hours.

20. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 13:55 Creston

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 13:52:
Creston wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 13:22:

Really? Egosoft did it with X-Rebirth. Creative Games has had to

How is Afterbirth these days? Man that was a huge stinker. It's actually surprising to hear that the devs are still working on it, since IMO it's a fundamentally flawed game that completely ruined the X franchise.

Honestly, it's pretty good. Will it ever be great? No. But it's a good game now. The combat is pretty satisfying, there are cool areas to explore, the storyline isn't great but it's still decent to go through, it's very beautiful in certain sectors, etc.

My biggest problem with it was that there was no point in making money. There are BBS missions (I guess added in after the fact) that make you so stupidly much money that within 3 hours or so, you've pretty much maxed out your ship. And then, what is there left for you to make money for? To build more stations so you can get more money? This seems utterly pointless.

At least in previous X games, you could buy entire fleets of destroyers and use it to lay waste to Xenon and Khaak sectors, which was fun. Or you could fly them yourself and hang out in front of a pirate station and watch them come at you like little flies. Since you can't do any of that in X-Rebirth, I'm not sure why you'd bother building up a huge commercial empire.

But I spent about 60 hours playing it this past winter, and I quite enjoyed it.

15. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 13:22 Creston

Nailbender wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 12:55:
Two years down the line, and they are still working to make the game what they promised it will be initially. I can think of no other developer that would do that.

Really? Egosoft did it with X-Rebirth. Creative Games has had to do several times with their Total War titles. (Which really makes me wonder why anyone still buys their bullshit at launch...) Piranha games had to do it for Gothic 3.

There have been a few others, though I'm drawing a blank on the names of the games. Maybe I'll remember in a bit.

In any case, it's rare, though not unheard of. And a dev BETTER make their shit right if they ever expect to sell another game. (or at least sell well.)

14. Re: No Man's Sky NEXT Tomorrow; Free Season of Content Planned Jul 23, 2018, 13:17 Creston

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 23, 2018, 12:41:
I figured this was going to turn into a NMS appreciation thread. To continue improving the game this far out after all the launch shit went down is truly impressive. I don't have the game or plan to buy it, but can't stand how horribly entitled gamers can be... those guys didn't deserve the level of backlash they got.

No game developer ever deserves death threats and bomb threats and that level of bullshit, but the initial backlash over his blatant, flat-out LIES were completely justified. Murray lied about this game up until the day of release. (edit: Someone already said that and you already replied to it. My bad!)

So, sure, on the one hand we can say that it's cool that they have "continued to support the game". On the flipside we can say, hey, after two years, it's finally the game they promised it would be on release.

Had Murray & Co run after release, they would have had quite a bit of trouble ever finding a lot of buyers for their next game, methinks.

All that said, I gotta admit that the last video they released actually looks pretty interesting. When it goes on sale again, I may bite.

News Comments > Square Enix Gets Streamier
1. Re: Square Enix Gets Streamier Jul 23, 2018, 10:27 Creston

Itís great to see the growing momentum in cloud gaming as companies like Square Enix begin to support these new distribution initiatives

No. No, it really isn't. Fuck you and your OnLive / Gaikai / Blacknut horse.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 21, 2018, 00:07 Creston

Google wasn't already showing an image of Trump for words like idiot, moron, buffoon, imbecile, asswipe, traitor, Putin's Bitch, weasel, cancer, cheeto, infant, retard, jackass, useless, liar, disgrace, manbaby and whiny toddler?

I am disappoint, Google.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 20, 2018, 23:57 Creston

Booohooohooo.

Maybe next time don't flat-out lie to people, Peter Molyneneueuxuuxux Jr.

(Edit: Just to clarify, I do not in any way condone death threats, harassment or fucking bomb threats against people over a goddamn videogame. Kill every piece of shit that did that.)

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2018, 13:32 Creston

I'm gonna laugh so hard if Sinclair organizes an "accident" against Pai. Bought-and-paid for little shithead suddenly turns on his benefactor, that's going to end well...

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 19, 2018, 14:27 Creston

I dunno, it seems like Hines is just talking both sides here. He contradicts himself, and it seems like he's just kind of spitballing. "Well, what if this, oh, but then this, and then maybe that..." etc. I think they have no clue how they're going to do this and are just sort of hoping it'll just magically work out.

There's nothing wrong with wanting it to be brutal like DayZ, but there's very likely almost zero overlap between Fallout 3/4 fans and DayZ fans. So unless Bethesda is hoping to just get a new audience and goes "Fuck our old fans", that would be an insane thing to do. (Especially since the audience for FO is like 50 times larger than for DayZ).

One thing that stood out to me, though:

If you hold up every game as if it's gotta do what Fallout and Skyrim did, then you're [not] gonna make many games because very few games will do that.

Holy shit, 99% of the publishers in the world read that quote and all collectively went ????????? and then fell on the floor drooling like the slack-jawed morons they are.

You mean... not every game is going to sell 30 million copies, so you shouldn't... expect them to? WHAT FUCKING MADNESS IS THIS??!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 19, 2018, 12:10 Creston

Good. Die in a fire, Comcast.

News Comments > GOG.com Tweet Backlash
11. Re: GOG.com Tweet Backlash Jul 19, 2018, 12:08 Creston

VG247 says they are dropping coverage of GOG.com as a result of this

Oh noes! Not VG247! What will GOG do now?! Rolleyes

Whiny shitty game websites notwithstanding, I do wonder why there is never a single person at a company that goes like "you know, guys, maybe this isn't such a good idea?"

And I mean, for the sake of Postal 2 and the 500 sales you'd get from that game?

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
111. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 18, 2018, 22:03 Creston

Prez wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 20:54:
I will not dignify such a wild theory with a response. If I hear any more talk about this, I will disintegrate you with my Orgasmatron Death Ray that I brought back with me. I will make America circa 2250 Great Again!

Since it's estimated to be like 140 degrees F on average in 2250, might I suggest starting with the climate, Barron?

News Comments > Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch
13. Re: Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch Jul 18, 2018, 15:38 Creston

DangerDog wrote on Jul 18, 2018, 13:40:
SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?

Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War.

WOULDN'T YOU PREFER A NICE GAME OF CHESS?

30339 Comments. 1517 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo