Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29766 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 6, 2018, 18:15 Creston

I'm pretty sure boutique builders buy from Nvidia/AMD partners directly and just pay whatever they've agreed to pay at time of release. They're not susceptible to market prices on newegg/amazon etc going through the roof.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed
11. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 18:10 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 16:07:
And Reshade can NOT be used to cheat. It can be used to boost brightness, gamma and stuff of course. Like Nvidia drivers, just with more control.

Yeah, I didn't think so either. PUBG devs just grasping at straws it seems.

News Comments > Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds
6. Re: Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds Feb 6, 2018, 13:27 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 11:57:
Creston wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 11:28:
This sounds like Mass Effect, maybe? Please be like Mass Effect. Please give us an Obsidian Mass Effect, so I can wipe the taste of Andromeda from my mouth...

Sci-fi yes, Mass Effect no. There's just so much better sci-fi out there than ME.

I just meant more the type of game. Exploration, party members, cool space opera story, etc.

I don't mean : GIVE ME MASS EFFECT 4!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War DLC and Free Content
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War DLC and Free Content Feb 6, 2018, 11:30 Creston

Eltariel is a deadly assassin working for the Elven Queen, Galadriel, and has been sent to Mordor for millennia to hunt the Nazgūl.

Deadly assassin who, after having been on the hunt for millennia, still hasn't managed to kill a single one of her targets.

Joking aside, it actually sounds cool to play as a different character. I'm patiently waiting for a all-in-one edition to go on sale for $20.

News Comments > Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds
1. Re: Obsidian TMs The Outer Worlds Feb 6, 2018, 11:28 Creston

This sounds like Mass Effect, maybe? Please be like Mass Effect. Please give us an Obsidian Mass Effect, so I can wipe the taste of Andromeda from my mouth...

News Comments > PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed
4. Re: PUBG Anti-Cheat Release Delayed Feb 6, 2018, 11:26 Creston

necrosis wrote on Feb 6, 2018, 10:41:
Here is my question (as i dont use ReShade).

Can you tell it to not load for one game or is it "on" for all games once installed?
Kinda bullshit if you have to completely remove it from your computer because of one game when it is perfectly fine for other games.

Reminds me of older anti cheat that forced you to completely uninstall things like Daemon Tools even if you were using it for other things.

I'm pretty sure ReShade runs on a per-game basis, as you have to specify a config file for each individual game that you want it to run with.

That said, I think banning ReShade seems a bit weird. I guess it somehow allows people to look through walls or something in PUBG?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Man sues Tmobile for crypto theft Feb 6, 2018, 10:30 Creston

Lol,

Poor little snowflake, did your precious bitcoin get stolen? It's almost as if, if you invest in something with no fiduciary backups in place, you run the risk of losing it all!

That said, companies are dragging their ass wherever possible on implementing more security measures, so who knows.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 6, 2018, 10:14 Creston

It seems that "X finds Facebook in violation of Y" is a title that could be used on thousands of articles a day. It's like they see all the headlines Uber gets and go "We can be worse than them!"

8. Re: Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 6, 2018, 10:12 Creston

Rigs wrote on Feb 5, 2018, 21:26:
Either nVidia and AMD really need to pick up the pace on making dedicated mining cards available or they need to flood the market with video cards in general.

Why? What possible benefit would this have for them?

1) Creating dedicated mining cards means they need to design and create an extra product line / fabrication line for them. And these cards would need to be a better power draw vs mining output ratio, or come at a cheaper price than normal graphics cards, or miners wouldn't buy them.

2) Flooding the market with cards is literally saying to them "You need to flood the supply channel so the price goes down, so you will have to increase your costs solely to depress profits for your retail partners."

All of this means less profit for AMD/Nvidia.

Seriously, why on earth would they ever do this?

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 6, 2018, 10:05 Creston

It's almost as if something that has no intrinsic value, and only goes up in price because of speculative trading, is by its very definition a bubble!

News Comments > Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content
9. Re: Dying Light to Celebrate Anniversary with Free Content Feb 6, 2018, 09:47 Creston

Love Dying Light, and their ongoing support for it is awesome. (even if all the free content is of little/no use in the actual game itself, or just stupidly hard to get.)

I did get a few mods for a while, but the game is perfectly playable without them. Weapon degradation is only a concern for the first few hours, imo.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 5, 2018, 14:23 Creston

Altered Carbon is truly fantastic. Sad I only have four episodes left.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans
10. Re: Elite Dangerous Expedition Plans Feb 4, 2018, 23:43 Creston

X Rebirth was absolute dogshit when it was released, but now that they've (finally) patched everything up and everything works as intended, it's a pretty decent game. There's plenty to do mission-wise, the combat is quite fun, the scenery is gorgeous and nice to explore, and graphically it still holds up well. There are some truly stupid design decisions, but fortunately there are mods that take care of the most egregious ones, so they aren't an issue.

The big downside is that, because you only have one ship to fly, and you can fully upgrade it within ~ 5 hours of starting out (minus a few Mk5 items), there just is very little incentive to keep playing it.

I bought several Lyramekrons ("trading" vessels that carry more weaponry than Destroyers) for trading, fully decked out, giggled as I sent them into pirate territory and watched them lay absolute waste to everything that even remotely looked at them wrong. But after that, yeah, they made me ~ 3 million per trading trip, but what was the point? I could buy a hundred more eventually, but all it would lead to was more money that would never get ME anything. I could buy stations but again, it wouldn't get ME anything.

X4 should be awesome again in that you can fly everything, so there's a point to making 200 million credits.

Even so, for ~ 20 hours or so, Rebirth is quite fun now.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 9
10. Re: Steam Top <strike>10</strike> 9 Feb 4, 2018, 19:10 Creston

MeanJim wrote on Feb 4, 2018, 14:30:
DOES HAVING THE NAME OF YOUR GAME ALL CAPS HELP IT GET ON THE TOP 10?

IT SHOWS YOU THAT IT'S A SERIOUS GAME FOR SERIOUS GAMERS.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 9
9. Re: Steam Top <strike>10</strike> 9 Feb 4, 2018, 19:10 Creston

9 is the ??? of course.

8 Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition
9 ???
10 PROFIT

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 3, 2018, 12:41 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 19:41:
Wherein Telecoms get $2B and don't roll out any broadband.

This. Fuck the FCC. Fuck Ajit Pai. Fuck every Telco. Fuck the entire fucking government.

News Comments > Far Cry Season Pass Details
9. Re: Far Cry Season Pass Details Feb 3, 2018, 12:40 Creston

"We see how much you guys love remakes of stuff, so now we're just going to turn them into DLCs! Oh, and not actually remake anything, just re-release it. As DLC!"

The only thing missing is lootboxes.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released
12. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 17:35 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 11:33:
Even better than the PS4 version. I think this is my third time playing this game and depressingly I will have put like 400 hours into it by the time its over

I'm fairly sure I have at least 1000 hours into FFX...

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released
11. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE Released Feb 2, 2018, 17:30 Creston

Slick wrote on Feb 2, 2018, 14:47:
23% off with the GMG code JUSTFORYOU means the final price was $30.32 USD.

At least the gmg login services are working again, bought it! xD

Thanks for that code, man! Just got it for 30 bucks too, that seems like a decent price for it.

Quite excited to play this (eventually) with that speed increase. Some of the EEEEENNNDDDLLEEESSS grinds for shit should be significantly easier to deal with at x4 speed.

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
27. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Feb 1, 2018, 11:22 Creston

Slick wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
Is that supposed to be a list of EA studios closing? Bullfrog was bought and shuttered by Microsoft, no?

No that was Lionhead.

29766 Comments. 1489 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo