Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29928 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
47. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 17:58 Creston

dumpy wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 16:21:
I don't play Call of Duty, Battlefront, or Shadow of War; but why is it that whenever one of these articles shows up, COD is rarely mentioned in the article or comments. It was my understanding the loot boxes in the latest WW2 game were particularly obnoxious.

Because few people on the PC, and probably zero people here, give a shit about CoD. But most everyone here WANTED SWBF2 to be awesome.

So, thanks, EA!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Patches
15. Re: Morning Patches Nov 22, 2017, 11:50 Creston

webber wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 11:28:
In the news about the Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod someone commented
yuastnav wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 06:58:
Is this the mod that makes Geralt actually fight properly and not dance around like a ballerina?
[edit]
Looking at this video the answer is no. It is not.
I just wanna know which mod he meant, a mod that creates a less mindless hack n' slash swordplay without going as over the top as EE. I have no idea what any of this has to do with kiddie games or Nintendo or whatever.

I think yuastnav was referring to the EE mod.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2017, 11:46 Creston

Ajit Pai can't hear you, New York attorney general. His ears are clogged up with AT&T's checks.

News Comments > GWENT Campaign Delayed
1. Re: GWENT Campaign Delayed Nov 22, 2017, 11:44 Creston

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
3. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 11:42 Creston

the country has decided selling in-game loot boxes does constitute gambling, and is looking to get the practice banned in Europe

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA

If you listen closely, you can hear the screams of anguish from shitbag publishers.

*gets on Bat's lawn.*

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 22, 2017, 09:40 Creston

"We never used it."

Then why didn't you turn it off straight away? Why did you wait until someone caught you doing this before acting?

*crickets*

Fuck Google.

Edit : Grammar be hard.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2017, 11:48.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion & Patch Nov 22, 2017, 09:36 Creston

GMG will have this on sale for basically 50% off for their Black Friday sale.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2017, 11:51 Creston

Ding! Level up!

Happy bday Blue.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Nov 21, 2017, 11:34 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 11:11:
Am I reading this right, there have been two major mod releases for Witcher 3 in back to back days? Or are they the same ones?

No, they're different mods. Also, the Enhanced Edition mod had been out for quite a while, it had just received an update in the last week or so.

Quite frankly, the EE mod looks boring as hell. Large monsters are literally incapable of defending themselves against you if you can "bend" your attacks around them. Kudos to the guy for making something different, but not every mod that claims to make combat better actually does so. (Unless you enjoy just chopping monsters down without them being able to do anything against you.)

I like the changelist of this Immersion mod, especially that he buffed Yen and Trish. They always felt like piddly cantrip casters in the game, rather than two of the most powerful sorceresses of all time.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2017, 11:23 Creston

Feel perfectly free to raise the prices, publishers/wall street dipshits. I will feel perfectly free to ignore you and either wait until your shit goes on sale, or just ignore gaming altogether.

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
39. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 20:01 Creston

Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 15:45:
Hmm... howabout a 2-3 map campaign like in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars? So your points accrue across 2-3 maps. I think that being able to bank points indefinitely will cause issues. I could just bank 100,000 points then spawn as 15 Mauls in a row to fuck with people. Would be pretty funny tho...

Yeah in my mind I actually thought your BP would stash until you quit playing, but for some reason I never typed that out. Infinite points would be too OP, but on the flipside, if you bank 100K points, you've basically been playing a boring grunt for 20 matches, so if that's what someone enjoys, I'd say go for it.

(Edit: Thinking about it, there's a limit on # of heroes in any given match, isn't there? So infinite wouldn't work, but letting it ride for a few matches would.)

Actually another solution would be just as different mode with 3x rewards, or like one week per month everyone gets 3x rewards... ionno. Maul is fucking garbage btw, can't block. I'm starting to really like Rey because she has a reliable wallhack ability, and a block, so you can actually stay alive for more than 30 seconds.

Yeah all those would work too. EA is so focused on their shitty star cards and how to squeeze every dime out of players that nobody seemed to give much thought to the actual fun of a single round.

As for the heroes, I only ever got to buy the rocket robot. He was okay, I killed 2 people with him, and then the round ended and so did my robot. It's a less than thrilling experience.

21. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 15:39 Creston

Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 15:29:
I think the biggest change is the earning heroes mechanic in a Galactic Assault match. If you're not first out of the gate or have a few good killstreaks, you're not going to get a hero that match. And even if you do get one they're incredibly brittle, not at all like in the last game. It kind of makes your progress feel semi-wasted to spawn as Maul and get 2 kills then just get smoked by 3 guys with blasters.

Yeah, that was my main concern in the beta. You have to be pretty darn good to get to play a top tier hero, because the 5000 BP is a pretty significant chunk to get. The majority of players will never get to that, so they instead get to spawn as fodder for the few good players who get to exterminate the fodder with Maul etc.

I think a very easy fix would be to just let BP ride from match to match. That way everyone will get to play as heroes, and there will be more of them in matches which is more interesting anyways.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 12:27 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 12:20:
Interesting little article by an ex-truck driver on all the problems with Tesla's new truck.

This ex-trucker has some questions about the Tesla Semi

The seating position visibility issues are actually (mostly) taken care of by the twin LCD screens. During normal driving, they give a view significantly better than rear view mirrors. However, he makes a very good point about forward visibility and having to move over to look past another truck, I didn't think about that.

I don't understand why they did the central seating position, other than a "LOOKITHOWCOOLWEARE!" gimmick. It doesn't work. There's a reason we sit close to the center median depending on which side of the road we drive on.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 12:20 Creston

Linksil wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:22:
Sadly, I think disclosing odds will get around the gambling thing in most places. Just they're still going to cry, when they have to do that, because people will realize how low the odds are to get what they want.

I think even if you disclose the odds, it has to become an R rated game? I thought I read that somewhere a few weeks ago.

And yeah, I forgot Holland as well, so 3 countries. It's gambling, countries, please outlaw it.

8. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 12:19 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:01:
The console version is already on sale ($20 off) in some of the stores here in Canada.

Hahahaha. Three days after release. That's incredible.

3. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 10:50 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:48:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:43:
Well, that's better than the 40 hours per character it was at.
It is but I think the damage has been done. It will be interesting to see if this game can recover from the messy start

They'll put it on sale for $30 when the Last Jedi comes out, and sales will be through the roof.

1. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 10:43 Creston

Well, that's better than the 40 hours per character it was at.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 10:42 Creston

Burn in hell, Charles Manson.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 10:41 Creston

That's 2 countries. The ball is rolling, slowly. I can't wait until countries declare it gambling and it has to stop. The cries of anguish from shitbag publishers will be incredible. It will be the only sound heard around the world.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews
6. Re: Sunday Previews Nov 20, 2017, 10:24 Creston

<3 CDPR

29928 Comments. 1497 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo