Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28714 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > WBIE Announcement Tease
8. Re: WBIE Announcement Tease Feb 2, 2017, 16:37 Creston

pre-order now for the PC!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games
15. Re: EU Probing Steam and Others for Region Blocking Games Feb 2, 2017, 16:33 Creston

I'm kind of surprised they're only investigating those five publishers. Every single publisher in existence does geo-blocking.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2017, 13:40 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:54:
just get some pork belly from your local butcher and soak it in brine for a few weeks

Yes, but it's actually the pork belly that's running low.

Besides, I'm a 'MERICAN, dammit! I DESERVE TO GO TO THE LOCAL BUTCHER AND BE ABLE TO GET A HUNDRED POUNDS OF FRESHLY CUT AND PEPPERED BACON FOR $1.99 A POUND!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 13:35 Creston

Simon Says wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 13:30:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 12:53:
Ozmodan wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 12:14:
Personally if Ryzen is even close to competitive I will probably build a new system with it. Just tired of Intel's lack of innovation and lack of price drops on it's chips. Getting fed up with Nvidia too.

Shit Nvidia has been improving very steadily over the years and the current gen was one of their best percentage boosts ever.

Remember the story the other day about the material that electricity can run through it without creating heat? It is going to take a breakthrough like that for us to see huge gains like 10ghz and more.

Best percentage boost? Huh? There are ZERO IPC improvements between Skylake and Kabylake, its all in the very marginal clockspeed increases which don't really matter for most enthusiasts since they already OC Skylakes in pretty much the same Ghz range as Oc'd kabylakes.

Kabylake is a total joke.

Read again, and maybe you'll note he said Nvidia. Not Intel.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 10:44 Creston

Yeah, poor choice of words on my part. I meant when they hire Indians to come here to do the same work for half the pay, where they actually already have someone doing the job.

"We can't find someone with the skills" my effing ass.

News Comments > SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow
2. Re: SAG/AFTRA Rally Tomorrow Feb 1, 2017, 10:38 Creston

Dang, I had no idea this was still ongoing.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
7. Re: Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division Feb 1, 2017, 10:35 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:13:
Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:03:
:-yawn-:

Creston! Start your day with a delicious bowl of Ironforge-Os (R TM) cereal! Forged vitamins and minerals to help you farm materials the whole day! (Exclusive code for Hearthstone card back inside specially marked packages!)

Sigh

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
3. Re: Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division Feb 1, 2017, 10:03 Creston

:-yawn-:

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 09:47 Creston

For all the crazy shit he's done so far, this move I am 100% behind. H-1B has been abused for well over a decade, and companies whining that they "can't find skilled workers in the US" really just mean "for peanuts salary."

When H-1Bs are being used to outsource jobs to India, where the currently employed engineer is being forced to TRAIN his Indian replacement, you know it's gone way overboard. I'm glad someone in DC is finally paying attention to this bullshit.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 09:42 Creston

I sure hope Ryzen is good...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2017, 09:30 Creston

No, not our bacon reserves!!!!  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 31, 2017, 21:18 Creston

Rip JP

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Follow-up
3. Re: Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Follow-up Jan 31, 2017, 21:16 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 20:33:
I sure as hell thought so. I would have been highly surprised if Bethesda gave those ungrateful, incompetent fucks any business ever again.

New Vegas sold like 11 million copies. Yeah, Bethesda would HATE another half a billion dollars in sales.

That said, it'd suck if this was untrue. I was actually pretty excited about the idea of Fallout:LA

News Comments > BioWare on Their New IP
3. Re: BioWare on Their New IP Jan 31, 2017, 21:14 Creston

Last time they announced a new IP they canceled it five or so months later, so eh.

News Comments > Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor
16. Re: Fallout New Vegas 2 Rumor Jan 31, 2017, 09:20 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 01:29:
In Fallout 4 you had to side with either the Railroad, The Institute, or Brotherhood of Steel, and I think you could save the Minutemen. There was no way to get all 3.

Well, yeah, I mean, they're literally diametrically opposed. Kind of hard to make peace between all of them.

In New Vegas they gave you extra options (if I remember this correctly) that you could get most of the factions together in one way or another by the end of the game.

Not so that the Legion and Cali Free State guys would be friends. They were also literally diametrically opposed. So in that way, it's exactly the same way as FO4.

Because I am HATING Nuka-World because I HAVE to be a evil bastard to enjoy the content.

? Why? You can do all the content in the park, and then when the raiders tell you to go and conquer settlements in the commonwealth, you shoot one of them in the face, wipe out all of them (warning, heavy-ass power armor and weapons HIGHLY required), give the park back to the traders, and go on your merry way.

23. Re: Wuh?? Jan 30, 2017, 18:50 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 18:05:
Creston wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 17:42:
Fallout New Vegas 2??

Obsidian or GTFO.

It would almost have to be. There's no way Todd Howard's team would have another game ready this quick. (Unless it's still five years out.)

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
32. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 17:49 Creston

Squirmer wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 17:24:
This news is typical Square Enix, anyway. They massively overestimate sales making it impossible for games to meet expectations. Remember when Tomb Raider 2013 was a best seller, 3.4 million copies sold in a month, but according to Square Enix its performance was disappointing because they wanted to sell 6 million? If they managed expectations and budgets more sensibly they wouldn't have this problem.

IIRC, it was even worse. it had sold 6 million and they had expected 12 to 13 million. They're all a bunch of fucking morons at that publisher.

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2017, 15:57 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 14:38:
descender wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 14:32:
Never buy the cheap stuff, Reynolds Wrap or bust.
There is only one https://www.amazon.com/Reynolds-632-Length-Heavy-Duty-Aluminum/dp/B004NG90YO Luckily in comes in this small portable size for personal use.

a review
When it comes to cranial shielding and the ongoing struggle to keep the contents of one's brain private and secure, I always say that only the best will do. That's why I endorse this foodservice quality, five-hundred-foot roll of REYNOLDS EXTRA HEAVY-DUTY ALUMINUM FOIL. Sure, it costs more than the common supermarket-grade foil, but it's a BIG roll full of THICK aluminum foil to best resist intrusive, penetrating rays by Major League Baseball, the National Security Agency and other nosy-parker bureaucrats constantly waging war on our personal thoughts and freedoms. I just wear my usual restaurant-size steel colander in "helmet" style after lining it generously with Reynold's best. Easy to do, flexible, and comfortable. Sure, I sometimes get funny looks and strip searches in airports, but that's a small price to pay for peace of mind, isn't it? Also, if any is left over, you can line casserole pans with it. Highest recommendation.

Thanks for explaining his Reynolds Wrap comment, I admit I was a bit confused. That's hilarious.

28714 Comments. 1436 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo