Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27458 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month
21. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 5, 2016, 13:50 Creston

ZeroPike1 wrote on May 5, 2016, 03:41:
I just realized, is this exp pack so game changing that it will be required for mods to work? If so. FML for not buying the season pack.

I wouldn't worry about it. There have been new mods after the expansion packs that require said expansion in order to function, usually because of specific content, but it's fairly rare for a mod creator to update their mod to work with a new expansion and NOT provide a non-expansion version anymore.

In any case, you could always simply not upgrade your mod.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta
6. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta May 5, 2016, 13:40 Creston

Note that this is Forza 6 lite LITE.

And it's undoubtedly one of those wonderful UWP apps.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 in November
37. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 19:23 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 4, 2016, 18:16:
The only level I can't decide on is the flight level. Is it more fun to have fire-and-forget and blast apart Fokkers from 50 miles out without ever seeing them (or them seeing you), or more fun to just fly Mach 10 through them, disintegrating them upon contact? The latter is probably much harder.

That reminds me of that bit in The Philadelphia Experiment where two Japanese Zeroes go up against two F-14s. That was a pretty fun scene!

36. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 19:22 Creston

Sepharo wrote on May 4, 2016, 17:58:
I liked the setting but I couldn't get into the gameplay.
As you guys already pointed out, going stealthy was pretty boring and felt tacked on. But I have problems with the combat gameplay too... I don't really enjoy games that make you an untouchable god and that's how the combat felt. It was the same reason I couldn't ever get into Crysis with it's invisibility, speed, and super strength. I want to be barely making it through fights, not beating up dummies who don't even have a chance to react.

Dishonored (and Crysis, for that matter) are definitely 100% Power Trip fantasies.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 4, 2016, 19:11 Creston

"We here at Microsoft will decide when you upgrade to Windows 10, and when it updates itself!"

Rolleyes

Great fucking work there, Microsoft. In this case the guy was "just" playing a game, but imagine this shit happening as someone is putting the final touches on a massive project that's due in a few minutes and BANG, computer updates and shuts down and FUCK YOU for all the work you just lost. (and no, people don't save regularly. This is just a sad reality of userdom.)

At the very least put up a notice saying "We need to update. This will start in five minutes." You know, give people a chance to SAVE THEIR FUCKING WORK.

News Comments > Respawn Developing a Star Wars Game
5. Re: Respawn Developing Star Wars Game May 4, 2016, 19:06 Creston

Could be cool. We'll have to wait and see. A Star Wars Uncharted might be fun, as long as it has more than the three constantly repeated tricks of Uncharted, anyway.

33. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 17:44 Creston

rudra wrote on May 4, 2016, 14:30:
Creston wrote on May 4, 2016, 13:33:
Very much enjoyed the first one, but there was a HUGE dichotomy between the "Kill everyone" and "Kill No one" paths. In that the first one was fun as hell, and had awesome powers, and the second path was basically a big, boring snooze.

Needless to say, in DH2, I'll be slaughtering everyone like cattle.

yeh it was bullshit lip service to offer a "non-violent" option... its like they said "lets just remove the violent bits... and... DONE!"

happens in games a lot id say... usually at least one bullet point feature is largely an afterthought at best

Yeah it really felt like very little thought was put into it. If you killed everything, you had really awesome combos you could pull off between powers and melee and weapons, but if you chose to do non-kill you were basically stuck using a few crappy powers and doing the boring knock-out. I definitely agree it was probably added as a feature more than out of any real conviction that the game needed it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. It only takes two words to criticize UWP May 4, 2016, 13:54 Creston

Quantum Break.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 4, 2016, 13:34 Creston

Autonomous tank that will roll over protesters on sight is coming Q3 2016.

28. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 13:33 Creston

Very much enjoyed the first one, but there was a HUGE dichotomy between the "Kill everyone" and "Kill No one" paths. In that the first one was fun as hell, and had awesome powers, and the second path was basically a big, boring snooze.

Needless to say, in DH2, I'll be slaughtering everyone like cattle.

News Comments > Steam Customer Review Changes
24. Re: Steam Customer Review Changes May 4, 2016, 13:12 Creston

At first I thought this said that Steam's customer SUPPORT was going to have changes, but then I realized what I was thinking and started laughing.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases
13. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood with DOOM Pre-Purchases May 4, 2016, 13:04 Creston

I'm guessing the Doom preorders aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

4. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 4, 2016, 13:03 Creston

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2016, 13:01:
Shouldn't it be Fah Hahbah?

OW-AH HAHBAH IS BETTAH THAN YOU-AH HAHBAH!

3. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 4, 2016, 13:03 Creston

The "save in beds only" thing is insane. Bethesda's games are nowhere near stable enough to enforce such a thing. (To be fair, FO4 has only crashed for me maybe four or five times in 200+ hours of playtime, but even so, I'd absolutely HATE to lose progress because of it...)

I wonder if the console save still works. I imagine it does.

In any case, I'm excited for Far Harbor. I hope it's raised the difficulty level, but not in the way that Point Lookout did (which just gave enemies truly ridiculous amount of health. You'd headshot one with a .50 cal sniper rifle, and their health bar would drop maybe 5%. That's just absolutely pathetic design...)

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced
14. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Announced May 3, 2016, 23:44 Creston

Let's hope it'll be cool. Dark Crusade was an absolutely fantastic game.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews May 3, 2016, 13:01 Creston

"We can only rehash the same 'shoot the brown people in a sandbox of a country' theme so many times, you know?"

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 2, 2016, 23:19 Creston

"Noooooooooooooooo!"

- a shocked world.

{/sarcasm}

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
39. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 18:26 Creston

Avus wrote on May 2, 2016, 18:25:
Who would have thought CoD has space battle and that stupidly overpriced POS Star Wars eye candy from E fxxking A doesn't?

Also this is the BF:2142 successor that EA/Dice never want to make...

I doubt that space battle is playable, though.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2016, 18:16 Creston

BobBob wrote on May 2, 2016, 17:05:
Cutter wrote on May 2, 2016, 13:50:
The lesson here is...don't live in fucking Utah.

Maybe .. but the canyons are stunning! For example: my favorite. Thumbsup

Yeah, Utah is gorgeous. Too bad there's so many Uta...ns? living there.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed
37. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Announced; CoD4 Remaster Confirmed May 2, 2016, 17:39 Creston

Tachikoma wrote on May 2, 2016, 17:08:
Eh, Duty-Schmuty.

Leicester just won the Premiership.

(I know you don`t get it on the Yankside, but this is big. Very big)

Oh no, it's so big that it's been mentioned quite a few times here, on most (if not all) sports sites/blogs.

OT: It looks like the only way to get the CoD4 remaster is to buy their newest 2Kxx version? :\

27458 Comments. 1373 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo