Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27454 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming
23. Re: Microsoft Improving UWP Gaming May 11, 2016, 10:24 Creston

This comes right after some boasting "that Windows 10 is unequivocally THE place to be for gamers" though those features probably should have been present before they made with the bragging.

*crickets*

Hehehe. In all fairness though, nobody at Microsoft had ever heard of Freesync or G-Sync before. I mean, come on, are they supposed to support every single tiny-ass niche market now??

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 10:21 Creston

nin wrote on May 11, 2016, 10:16:
while I also do most of my gaming on the ps4 any more...

! ... ...

I just... I just don't know you anymore, man. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU??!! Cry

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2016, 10:07 Creston

If it's only 2.5 years old, why even bother upgrading? Get a GTX1070 and your current machine will run everything at 2560x1440 on Ultra at >>>>60fps.

In any case, this article claims to get you a system for $1250 that runs in "near silence." Now, maybe my idea of silence and theirs is different, I have several of the components in that case, and I wouldn't exactly call it silent. I mean, it's not terribly noisy or anything, it's just background noise, but I can definitely hear it.

News Comments > Riot Simulator Anarcute Announced
1. Re: Riot Simulator Anarcute Announced May 11, 2016, 10:02 Creston

Eh, I gotta say, it looks like it might actually be fun.

News Comments > MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers?
1. Re: MS Rebuffed Lionhead Buyers? May 11, 2016, 09:46 Creston

"No dammit! We're going to fire these guys! Would you stop trying to help them out, we're trying to be total fucking dickwallets here! God!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month
6. Re: Any mods to change playable character? May 11, 2016, 09:43 Creston

Jagacademy wrote on May 11, 2016, 09:15:
Are there any mods that you let you play a different main character? Or design your own?

I just can't immerse myself playing an old feminine looking guy with long grey hair.

No, that defeats the whole purpose of literally the entire story. (For those who are unaware, Geralt and Ciri are linked by fate in the books, and because he so firmly believes that, he will literally move heaven and earth to find her. If you replaced Geralt with anyone else, they wouldn't care enough to go through all the effort.) I'm sure with some effort you can change Geralt's texture to be that of Dandelion.

Also, dangit, I was counting on it coming out in the middle of June. Now I have to hurry with my latest playthrough!

News Comments > EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed
15. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 09:38 Creston

4.5 billion dollars. Holy shit.

News Comments > Disney Leaving Game Publishing
22. Re: Disney Leaving Game Publishing May 11, 2016, 09:35 Creston

This was a difficult decision

"What are we doing today?"
"Deciding on whether to put 300 people out of a job."
"Fuck 'em. Done. What's for lunch?"

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month?
14. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine This Month? May 10, 2016, 06:40 Creston

Dentorro wrote on May 9, 2016, 20:40:
It's one of the better games story wise, I did play through a bunch of sidequests and the main one but it got pretty easy once you have outleveled everything, going to go for a 2nd playthrough on higher difficulty once the final expac is out and I have my new GPU.

I'm doing a New Game+ on the highest diff level right now, and it's pretty crazy. Most things will kill you in one hit, but you have all your signs upgraded and your bombs etc, so you have a ton of options in combat. It feels pretty awesome.

News Comments > Vampire Bloodlines TMed
1. Re: Vampire Bloodlines TMed May 6, 2016, 21:37 Creston

It was a great RPG, but it was so horrendously broken on release that I'm sure nobody was really surprised when it didn't sell well.

It was even more galling that the game had been done for over a year (since they had to wait for HL2 to come out first), and they fixed absolutely jack shit in that timespan...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2016, 15:14 Creston

Those annoying Windows 10 upgrade notifications will finally go away for good.

(once you upgrade to Windows 10.)

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
7. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 6, 2016, 15:12 Creston

nin wrote on May 6, 2016, 12:11:
Now revealed, it's "Battlefield 1".

No, no, no, Battlefield One

News Comments > Battlefield 5 Title Revealed?
6. Re: Battlefield 5 Title Revealed? May 6, 2016, 15:12 Creston

Wow. I'm shocked, Cotton.

News Comments > Project CARS: Game of the Year Edition
2. Re: Project CARS: Game of the Year Edition May 6, 2016, 15:11 Creston

Tachikoma wrote on May 6, 2016, 14:31:
the industry has not grown cynical enough to declare a GotY upon initial launch (yet)

Okay, but I have a vague memory of an ancient time when GotY actually meant that the game in question was awarded that title by some official body or a big mag or two, not just the junior PR cubicle.

Undoubtedly there was some unknown website with 14 monthly visitors somewhere that gave it the GotY title.

In any case, I didn't bite the first time around, but this time I think I may get it.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2016, 18:36 Creston

I give it two years before someone kickstarts a "colonization mission" to those habitable planets.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 5, 2016, 18:34 Creston

Pigeon wrote on May 5, 2016, 15:25:
Instead they just kept taking pre-orders and they can't fulfill in a timely manner. Not a good way to induce confidence in new customers.

In itself that's not that bad, as you can just keep crowing saying "We're sold out for the next four months of production!"

But putting units IN THE FUCKING STORES while not delivering to your pre-order customers (or worse, apparently, some Kickstarter backers) creates an absolute fucking SHITLOAD of negative publicity and word of mouth.

Of course, Lucky doesn't give a shit, he got his money.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month
21. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor This Month May 5, 2016, 13:50 Creston

ZeroPike1 wrote on May 5, 2016, 03:41:
I just realized, is this exp pack so game changing that it will be required for mods to work? If so. FML for not buying the season pack.

I wouldn't worry about it. There have been new mods after the expansion packs that require said expansion in order to function, usually because of specific content, but it's fairly rare for a mod creator to update their mod to work with a new expansion and NOT provide a non-expansion version anymore.

In any case, you could always simply not upgrade your mod.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta
6. Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Beta May 5, 2016, 13:40 Creston

Note that this is Forza 6 lite LITE.

And it's undoubtedly one of those wonderful UWP apps.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 in November
37. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 19:23 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 4, 2016, 18:16:
The only level I can't decide on is the flight level. Is it more fun to have fire-and-forget and blast apart Fokkers from 50 miles out without ever seeing them (or them seeing you), or more fun to just fly Mach 10 through them, disintegrating them upon contact? The latter is probably much harder.

That reminds me of that bit in The Philadelphia Experiment where two Japanese Zeroes go up against two F-14s. That was a pretty fun scene!

News Comments > Dishonored 2 in November
36. Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 19:22 Creston

Sepharo wrote on May 4, 2016, 17:58:
I liked the setting but I couldn't get into the gameplay.
As you guys already pointed out, going stealthy was pretty boring and felt tacked on. But I have problems with the combat gameplay too... I don't really enjoy games that make you an untouchable god and that's how the combat felt. It was the same reason I couldn't ever get into Crysis with it's invisibility, speed, and super strength. I want to be barely making it through fights, not beating up dummies who don't even have a chance to react.

Dishonored (and Crysis, for that matter) are definitely 100% Power Trip fantasies.

27454 Comments. 1373 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo