Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27300 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2016, 00:06 Creston

Awww, rip Erik.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy
58. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 6, 2016, 00:04 Creston

Six months after this shit had finally died, here comes Beamdog. "Hey, lets put it back into a game we're actually selling you for money, that'll REALLY get us millions of fans."

News Comments > Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week
9. Re: Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week Apr 6, 2016, 00:00 Creston

This would be nice if Fallout 4 had more than like six different creatures in it.

Something like this with the massive monster variety of the Witcher 3 would have been awesome...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Laser cloak... Apr 3, 2016, 23:46 Creston

Sigh

David Kipping, an astronomer at Columbia University in New York, said he first considered this idea when he heard about the strangely dimming star that was detected recently by NASA's Kepler space telescope. Researchers speculated the signal could have come from an "alien megastructure" orbiting the star.

Someone please tell David Kipping:

A) To stop reading Pandora's Star, as it's obviously giving him nightmares.
B) To remember that the star in question is like a hundred million lightyears away, which means that even IF there had been any aliens there, they would have been there a hundred million years ago.
C) to get back to doing some real actual work.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 3, 2016, 23:40 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 20:59:
SO, I've been going through my absurd Steam library backlog. Installed and played through Grow Home, was pleasantly surprised. It'll take a long afternoon to play it from start to finish, with some achievements unearned. Not a long game, but also not priced as one...it's $8 full-price. Toss it on your wishlist for when it's half that, and enjoy accidentally killing your ridiculous climbing robot over and over. Ignore the Ubisoft bit, it doesn't phone home to Uplay, and it's absolutely not like their other games.

I remember seeing that and thinking it looked pretty cool, but then promptly forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
37. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 23:32 Creston

Funny how when people raised this as a concern back when Oculus first announced they were bought by Facebook, there was this huge crowd of pooh-pooh'ers that was whitewashing it, and saying there was no need to worry, yadda yadda yadda.

Annnddd... yeah, looks like there was plenty of reason to worry. Use an Oculus Rift? We'll use our geo-locator to find your exact location, your IP address, your internet behavior, everything you have installed, and we'll share that with "third parties", by which we mean we sell it to the same advertisers that Facebook sells all your shit to.

So, yay? Sigh. It'd be nice if SOMETHING could be released in this day and age without being infected up the ass with spyware shit...

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2016, 23:38.

News Comments > Fool Me Twice 2016
8. Re: Fool Me Twice 2016 Apr 2, 2016, 12:34 Creston

I liked Netflix's "The legend behind John Stamos."

News Comments > Fool Me Once 2016
11. Re: Fool Me Once 2016 Apr 1, 2016, 17:57 Creston

Roach DLC???

HERE, TAKE MY MONIES!

Also, holy shit, the sticker blinks! IT'S A BLINKING STICKER!!!!111!!!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 1, 2016, 17:45 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 15:02:
The caps are at 600gb for anyone on 12mb Internet and above, not 250.

I think the caps are dumb, but at 600gb, you're gonna be hard-pressed to use it all unless you stream 4K content every moment you're awake. It's not the disaster that article makes it out to be.

There really should be no cap, but 600GB is actually a pretty decent amount of data. Most of AT&Ts users will (hardly) (n)ever reach that. I think I'll still go over, but at least I can buy unlimited data. My big beef, of course, is that that "unlimited" data likely still is not actually unlimited.

News Comments > MS on Win10 App Openness
32. Re: MS on Win10 App Openness Mar 31, 2016, 17:56 Creston

So what's the actual benefit of making a game as a UWP versus making it as a desktop app? Other than that you can sell it on the Windows Store, which I would imagine most gamers avoid like the plague anyway?

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 17:54 Creston

In far more interesting news rather than some random person losing their job, THERE IS NOW A RELEASE DATE FOR FINAL FANTASY XV! AND IT LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME!! WOOOO!!!

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 31, 2016, 17:52 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 10:22:
It's also from Adam Orth, so...

Seriously??

Well there goes my interest in it. #dealwithit Adam Orth.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 31, 2016, 17:51 Creston

Efforts to reach CNBC and the author of the story were not immediately successful.

You don't say...

Then again, what kind of a braindead gimp do you have to be to type an actual password you use into some random-ass article on a website anyway?

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
19. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 17:48 Creston

Nothing Phil Spencer says is in any way quoteworthy with regards to the PC platform.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Free Survival Mode Plans
1. Re: Far Cry Primal Free Survival Mode Plans Mar 30, 2016, 23:08 Creston

and difficulty of the game to make it even more realistic

Bold plan for a game in which you can remote pilot an owl as if it was a drone.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer
10. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer Mar 30, 2016, 21:29 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 19:48:
My understanding is Mirror's Edge has always been about avoiding combat in favor of parkour. What specifically is lackluster for you?

Yeah but they said that about the first too, and you wound up having to take down massive amounts of guys because otherwise they'd just kill you as you tried to run past them. So I have absolutely no faith that in 2 you can bypass them.

The combat just seems stupid. Guys in swat armor getting taken down by a single kick, and the animations just seem like there's no heft to them. She looks to weigh about 110lbs and does a single kick and boom, down goes the 230lb fully armored guy. It just looks off. In a game that works so hard on making the animations right and everything, it feels terribly out of place. Why didn't they, instead of putting (apparently) poor combat in it, just give you tools to evade combat? Smoke bombs, distraction devices, a 5 second cloak (fuck it, let's go nuts).

"If we put combat evasion in, it will no longer appeal to the CoD fanbro!"

- EA suit.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer
8. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer Mar 30, 2016, 17:40 Creston

If that's all in-game footage, then the city looks absolutely fantastic. Just hoping that those lackluster combat videos they've shown aren't the final way it plays...

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute
21. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 17:46 Creston

Good. Suck it, Valve. You should have offered refunds years ago.

1.1 million per breach is retarded, but that's not going to get awarded anyway.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 27, 2016, 15:36 Creston

Hey government. Terrorists breathe oxygen! Clearly there needs to be a law prohibiting both breathing and oxygen!

Fucking morons.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor
10. Re: Grand Theft Auto 6 Rumor Mar 27, 2016, 15:32 Creston

So, the single player DLC for GTA5 is completely cancelled then?

27300 Comments. 1365 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo