Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27589 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
28. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 13, 2016, 17:56 Creston

And as for all the handwringing about how this means that Bethesda is going to rape dreams or be the greedy middle man in mods or streamline shit to death and blablablabla

There are roughly 100 million PS4 and Xbox One owners. Bethesda figures that there's probably a decent percentage of those who would love to be able to play a (nicer looking) Skyrim on their new consoles, and that said percentage x sale price of game >>>> cost of making a few new shaders and some new art assets.

End of conspiracy theories.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 13, 2016, 17:52 Creston

Blackhawk wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 11:01:
I hope that they make the update optional, possibly a second entry in Steam. Much of the Skyrim mod community has moved on, and that this update will likely break most existing mods. Since so many modders now live for Fallout, a lot of them will never be updated. I've got a rock-solid install of 255 mods running (actually fewer, but some have multiple files.)

A forced update would kill that.

It will be a separate game in your Steam list.

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Jun 13, 2016, 17:48 Creston

Could be cool, though I'm wary that it'll break a shitload of mods, so how worthy it would be to play on PC, I'm not sure.

I guess I have to cough up the 5 bucks to get hearthstone so I can get my free copy of this.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2016, 17:57.

News Comments > Serious Sam VR Announced
14. Re: Serious Sam VR Announced Jun 13, 2016, 17:47 Creston

Get ready to strap it on

phrasing...

get in

Phrasing!

and get shooting

HEY!

This sounds like projectile vomitus in two minutes...

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Plans
13. Re: Fallout 4 VR Plans Jun 13, 2016, 17:43 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 10:36:
I want a mod where I play as a male khajiit and have the option to pee on everything. Bonus points if the VR can tell if I've hiked my leg.

o_O

Worried

News Comments > Fallout 4 VR Plans
12. Re: Fallout 4 VR Plans Jun 13, 2016, 17:41 Creston

I have no idea how this game would work in VR, but I hope it will be awesome cool.

News Comments > Prey Announced
22. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 17:40 Creston

This sounds basically like the System Shock 3 pitch that Arkane made a few years ago, but which failed because they couldn't get the licensing squared off.

Which could be very, very awesome.

"Loo... loo... look at you, Morgan. A pathetic creature of flesh and bone, panting and running through my corridors."

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2016, 18:41.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2016, 22:55 Creston

The one thing that really pissed me off about the vineyard is that you ask your major domo when you can grow wine, and he goes "Oh, not this year anymore, we had a fungus and it wiped out the vines."

But apparently, my vineyard is the ONLY vineyard that had this particular problem. Every other vineyard is perfectly fine, INCLUDING the one that was abandoned, that I then helped the two other vineyard owners get control of together (Rather than buying it myself, since, you know, they're my competitors and all), who then manage to turn said vineyard back into a wine producing machine in the space of three days, and churn out a wine that will immediately dethrone the currently-reigning wine champion of Est Est. (and then allow me to name it. TO NAME IT?! How about you give me 16000 barrels of it that I can sell for 100 gold each!)

I wanted to go back to the Duchess and be like "What the fuck? You give me the dead fucking vineyard, rather than the one that grows magical fucking wine in 3 days that immediately becomes the best wine ever? What kind of bullshit is this? Deal with your own fucking vampire."

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailers
6. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailers Jun 12, 2016, 19:46 Creston

Single player trailer contains roughly 3 seconds of actual single player gameplay.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2016, 17:09 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 13:15:
Hearts of Stone was a great expansion and I'm loving Blood and Wine. I kinda wish they had made Toussaint the main game now.

I think that would have gotten a little too "fluffy kittens" to make it really feel like the Witcher. That said, it is an incredibly awesome expansion, and everyone who owns the Witcher should get it. (Everyone who does not own the Witcher, should get the Witcher AND the expansion.)

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 12, 2016, 12:35 Creston

No. No, the Windows 10 push is NOT desirable. (also, you know it's bad when ever Peter Bright, Microsoft's #1 fanboy, is now calling this behavior the equivalent of malware.)

Also, I did a spit take at the Al Gore joke, Blue.

News Comments > Star Trek VR Game Plans
4. Re: Star Trek VR Game Plans Jun 12, 2016, 12:26 Creston

I honestly think this would be fun for about an hour, and then once the immersion novelty wears off, it'd probably get boring as shit.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.4
33. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 12, 2016, 12:07 Creston

Comet wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 07:59:
Some of my most highly expected games have been pushed to a 2017 release.
A couple of examples are Mass Effect Andromeda

(I snipped the other game since I don't know it, can't talk about it.)
Andromeda was scheduled for holiday 2016, and got a 3 month push back, which is pretty much what happened with ME2 and ME3, and kind of par for the course now for most of EA's properties. Not really comparable to a game which was supposed to be out two years ago originally (IIRC), is now supposed to be out this year, and is still just in Alpha. (CIG knows there's only six months left in the year, right?)

Regarding these two games we have only seen a few minutes trailers and very little gameplay footage.
If you check Wikipedia, Mass Effect started development in 2012

And will be released in Q1 2017. Literally nobody has any doubts about that. That's probably to do with the fact that it's being developed by a studio which has released like fifteen titles by now.

These games have been in development for about the same time or an even longer time than SQ42 and Star Citizen. SC crowdfunding campaign started in October 2012 after all.

Yeah, so where IS Star Citizen? Your argument really only helps the point of people who are saying this game is ridiculously beyond schedule.

Go to Youtube and check the available trailers for 2017 games like Mass Effect. Then go check the available trailers for SC.
Imagine that SC was funded by a publisher and that you didn't have access to an alpha build. Much like you don't have access to an alpha build for upcoming games.

Could you really predict the games that would fail and succeed?

Based on the fact that one is made by a studio that releases its games, generally to favorable reception, and that its game is the followup to an immensely popular trilogy of previous game, yeah, I think you safely can.

Look. Back when The Witcher 3 was in development, a disgruntled employee made some accusations regarding the game development state and how CD Projekt Red was providing an overly flattering impression of the game on the game trailers.

Fair enough, but that's a disgruntled employee. How does that line up with the TOS changes CIG just put through? Part of Roberts' kickstarter was how he would be held accountable, and if you didn't like it, you could get a refund. He put an actual timeframe on it too. 12 months after promised release date. He then switched that to 18 months.

Now they've sneakily changed it (without actually making people aware of it, as far as I can tell, so I doubt how legal it even is) to where they can basically say "Fuck all of you." and take what few pennies are left and run.

Yep. That is a Witcher 3 developer comment. Almost seems like something critics would say about SC. Overblown vision. A game that doesn't exist. Team in crazy crunch time. Damage control and all that.

Except, of course, CDProjekt Red:

1) Had already released two Witcher games.
2) Had a source of reasonably steady income from GOG.
3) Was not dependent on selling snake oil pictures of starships to pay its staff every month.

I just think people are jumping way too soon into conclusions and making harsh comments and baseless accusations.

Lol. Way too SOON? This has been going on for like 3+ years now.

Given the amount of money CIG has raised and the number of people involved in its development (more than the number of developers that worked on The Witcher 3 for instance), SC is a AAA production.
Few AAA games get developed in 2/3 years. If there is something people can criticize CIG about is of giving an overly optimistic estimated release date. But that is so common in game development and in crowdfunding that it is a bit naive if you aren't really prepared for that.
After all, the majority of crowdfunding projects aren't delivered on time. Back in 2012 more than 83% of crowdfunded projects were delayed.
SC is a high profile crowdfunding title, but it is not taking much more time than other high profile crowdfunding projects.

That's a fair enough point, but it doesn't change the scummy bullshit they're pulling with the ToS.

I have backed SC back in October 2012. I supported the project and obviously would love if it turns out great. But then again I have no illusions. Making truly great games is hard. I don't expect this game to be better than so many other games that have tried to be the "best game ever" in their respective genre and failed.

If it fails, I wonder what your attitude towards it will be at that point. Perhaps you'll still be as cavalier about it, in which case, good for you, but I'm thinking that the people who have sunk thousands and thousands of dollars into it aren't going to have anywhere near as good an attitude.

As much as for instance, I'm anxious to see how the next Mass Effect plays out, I cannot claim it will be better or worst than any other upcoming title.

It's going to be Mass Effect, with better tech, and probably worse characters. It's not that hard to predict what it's going to turn out like. Fans of Mass Effect will enjoy it, non-fans are probably still going to hate it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 11, 2016, 22:04 Creston

Blegh. I'm not wasting anymore time on Gawker.

19. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 22:01 Creston

FloorPie wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 18:56:
It amuses me greatly that I am linking Derek Smart's analysis on this game... but I can't say I don't agree with Smart.

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-tos/#post-3698

Look at the new terms of service changes in the latest patch. Basically, no more refunds and they don't have to keep any of their promises.

I quite enjoy how they've now changed their ToS so that all those "ships" they sold which (paraphrased) had not been actually built (lol) drawn yet, but which met "the design criteria for blablabla" now actually no longer even have to be delivered. People will have literally paid hundreds of dollars for not even a fucking PICTURE of a pretty ship.

News Comments > The Technomancer E3 Trailer
10. Re: The Technomancer E3 Trailer Jun 11, 2016, 16:23 Creston

"Legendary cover" my ass.

Trailer... meh. No gameplay, doesn't really look that great for 2016, no idea even what kind of game it is, so, great work there, marketing department. Clearly you all deserve a bonus.

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 11, 2016, 16:19 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 11:27:
Everyone working there is a grade A asshole apparently and these people deserve jail time at the very least.

Jesus Christ, dude, chill the fuck down. 95% of the people working for Gawker are just people who reports on news and write articles in their given field. Jalopnik employs some of the best car writers in the business. What do they have to do with that piece of shit AJ Daulerio??

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 11, 2016, 16:16 Creston

I have no love for Gawker, though I do enjoy a few of their websites. They DO report a lot of news as well, and have had very interesting, investigative journalistic pieces in many areas. I think they were going far beyond what's considered good taste or even "news" by showing the Hulk Hogan sex tape, or when they outed Thiel as being gay. Such things are not "news", they are trash. However, like someone before mentioned, TMZ does basically the same thing and gets away with it. I also think the reward of $150 million is absolutely ridiculous.

Of course, Gawker would have gotten away with this, were it not for Thiel running a legal vendetta campaign against them, and honestly, the thought of billionaires just using their money to shut down ANY news site ANONYMOUSLY is far more disturbing to me than someone's idiot sex tape getting put online...

In any case, it's not that hard to see why ZD would be interested. Jalopnik, Gizmodo and Deadspin pull in a lot of visitors each month. Hopefully the actual gawker site itself, as well as that fucking shitheap Jezebel, will get shut down.

13. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.4 Jun 11, 2016, 16:08 Creston

I saw an (admittedly pretty damn incredible looking) planetary landing 'gameplay' video this morning, and other than the poor ship movement (a ship is not an FPS character, Roberts...) I was pretty impressed. Then I thought "Huh, we haven't heard from SC in awhile."

Tadaaa.

Still in alpha, huh? Still adding features? Still no word whatsoever about the SP?

News Comments > Street Fighter V Plans
1. Re: Street Fighter V Plans Jun 10, 2016, 13:21 Creston

This is not free DLC. This is you finally delivering the game that you already had people pay for. Scumbags.

27589 Comments. 1380 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo