Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29335 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
18. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 13:50 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:49:
Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:31:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 12:27:
It's really hard to resist. I have not been back to XCOM2 in a while, this is a good reason to.

Same here. Vanilla XCOM2 didn't click for me. I didn't mind the turn timers, I didn't mind the scarcity of resources in the strategy map, but both together ended up frustrating me.

Well, you might get even more frustrated by this expansion. Among the many changes are the really annoying(going by the smaller Alien Hunter DLC) bosses that will pop up in your missions and not even follow the rules of the game, ie. turn order, number of turns, etc.

I'll get this eventually, but probably wait for a sale.

The Alien Hunters DLC was nuts, they admitted they made it waaaaay too tough. They scaled it back (a bit) for the Chosen. I mean, they're still super tough, especially against your rookie squads, but they're not just stupid "Alien boss shows up, your squad dies."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
17. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Aug 29, 2017, 13:47 Creston

It was a little annoying this morning when GMG was being slow to give the keys out, and then when I finally had my key, it gets installed as a piece of DLC in XCOM2, and I couldn't get freaking Steam to download it for love or money.

Finally started after ~ 45 minutes or so.

Should be ready to go when I come home. Wooo.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 29, 2017, 06:57 Creston

Driverless car? Maybe when I'm 70 or so.

News Comments > MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year
18. Re: MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year Aug 28, 2017, 22:56 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 17:51:
Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 17:00:
BEWARE Microsoft and new hardware. Their track record with new hardware is abysmal.

Not true. Their mice and keyboards have been good. I still use a MS split keyboard on one of my Rigs. And their joysticks were great back in the day. Surface Pro gets great reviews. Lastly the Zune was good hardware, just had a crappy market.

Mice and keyboards, jeez, whatever, but their joysticks took a little while to get going (remember the wonderful bug where Windows 98 and the Sidewinder didn't work together?), and the Surface was a giant piece of fucking garbage until the 4th iteration. Go read up on some of the Surface 2 and Surface 3 problems. Some of which STILL aren't fixed.

Add into that the 360 RROD fiasco, their initial cordless phone venture, that garbage speaker set they released in the late 90s (which had a fun bug where it instantly set volume either to minimum or to maximum at random), the fucking KINECT, and I'm telling you, be careful to put money into Microsoft's new hardware ventures, especially if it seems the price point is way too good to be true.

News Comments > Game of Thrones Game Rumor
8. Re: Game of Thrones Game Rumor Aug 28, 2017, 17:03 Creston

There is already a tits and swords Game of Thrones game. It's called The Witcher 3.

News Comments > MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year
12. Re: MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year Aug 28, 2017, 17:00 Creston

BEWARE Microsoft and new hardware. Their track record with new hardware is abysmal.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
48. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 28, 2017, 14:00 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 04:31:
"See that crater over there? The entirety of Skyrim would fit inside that crater."

"However, unlike Skyrim, that crater is empty. Skyrim contains more content than we will ever have in our entire universe. Also, Skyrim was actually developed and released in five years. After five years, we have some facial animation software!"

News Comments > Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not?
7. Re: Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not? Aug 27, 2017, 18:40 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 18:09:
Blue wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 15:09:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 15:07:
how much money are we really making off a 99 cents [sale]?

Now, I'm not a mathematician or anything, but I think the answer is 99 cents.

Are you forgetting Valve's cut?
Cmon Blue, he already SAID he wasn't a mathematician, damn

Hehehe

6. Re: Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not? Aug 27, 2017, 18:40 Creston

Blue wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 15:09:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 15:07:

Are you forgetting Valve's cut?

Probably, but it doesn't explicitly say sold through Steam, so...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Hurricane Harvey Aug 27, 2017, 15:55 Creston

It's a good thing global warming is a hoax made up by the Chinese.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 27, 2017, 15:08 Creston

Faster than some bars I've been to

HEYYYOOOOO!!!! *tappity tappity tappity*

1. Re: Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not? Aug 27, 2017, 15:07 Creston

26. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 26, 2017, 22:02 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 16:13:
If anyone still can not see that the guy is a completely incompetent project lead plus a pathological liar on top of it

Chris Roberts is what happens if you cross Mac Walters with Peter Molyenenesuuxuxuxxe.

25. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2017, 22:00 Creston

Kosumo wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 21:22:
Why at 2 hours and 14 minutes and 49 seconds did a performer from Cirque Du Soleil "A Nightmare before Christmas in Black and White" walk across the stage and give Chris a drink?

It was the $150M stretch goal! "Chris will hire a performer to be at his beck and call 24/7 to bring him drinks."

News Comments > X4 Details Today
22. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 26, 2017, 21:54 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 19:30:
BazzaLB wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 19:17:
Here's a brief video

trailer

Is it just me, or do graphics look a step down from previous games?

Eh, it's pre-alpha. It's all placeholder stuff. You can tell that most areas simply have no shaders applied to it.

Also, it sounds like they're doing some cool stuff with the AI and economy to make the galaxy feel more alive.

Yeah, but they've honestly been promising this since X2. Every new X game they're like "This time it's really dynamic, with proper supply and demand!" And then there are like two stations that have supply and demand, and the rest just magically create supplies because if they had to run the entire universe on a logistics system, their AI would turn into a 1 frame per hour crawl.

Maybe this time they will have learned to code for multiple processors. (I'm not holding my breath...)

"You can fly every ship! You can fly every ship!" I guess they got the message.

Yeah, that really was just stupid in NoBirth. Give me one ugly-ass box to fly, with very few upgrades. Yawn.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2017, 17:58 Creston

Oh, one more thing: Before you feed your doggie anything as a treat, make sure to check that it's safe for them to eat. Some of the weirdest things are absolutely toxic to them. A single raisin can kill your dog, for example.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2017, 17:57 Creston

Hoop wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 17:43:
I had no idea that the Air Canada plane only cleared the stacked aircraft on the ground by just 69 feet. WTF
The only thing that betrays any kind of panic is the clipped speed of air traffic controls "Air Canada go around"
Kind of surreal how the pilot's voice stays in character as he powers on with no time to spare.
Even though his response is calm you can hear the I'am so fucked filling his head.
Mistakes on both sides but that Air Canada crew needs to be assigned new jobs loading planes not flying them.

Yeah, no shit. ILS is precise enough that it would have showed him he wasn't approaching the runway dead on. The guy was just fucking zoned out, and came pretty damn close to killing ~ 1000 people.

9. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 26, 2017, 17:30 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 13:37:
Got excited until I read "X4 online".

I had commented on that at first, but I realized it could just be the way the sentence is phrased. "our plans on how to reveal X4 online" could mean "We're revealing a game called X4 Online" or it could mean "We're doing the reveal online."

Watched through parts of the video, and... eh. They're still totally hung up on that whole "You can walk on stations!" thing, apparently having forgotten that they did that in Rebirth and it was the most boring shit imaginable. Also, while they have people who can make beautiful looking spaceships, they don't have a single person on their team who can make even a decent looking human...

I don't like the idea that you control EVERYTHING through the map, because unless they've somehow revolutionized the entire concept of a UI (lol, it's Egosoft), a map is an absolutely terrible tool to try to control things from.

And the whole "you can click on the pilot's chair, and the dude gets up and goes away, and you can then fly! And then when you stop flying, he comes back" just sounds terrible. Christ, we're going to have self-driving cars in the next ten years, I'm pretty sure that in the time of the X universe, there'd be such a thing as AI-controlled ships... Just more times I'm going to have to look at their terrible NPC characters.

I did like the modular station building, that looks cool.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2017, 17:54.

8. Re: X4 Details Today Aug 26, 2017, 17:27 Creston

Slashman wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 13:00:
Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2017, 12:19:
X4. I know I shouldn't after the aborted console travesty that was Unbirth, but I'm kinda excited for that.

Keep it together Creston. The stuff they've been hinting at sounds good but lets not ride the hype train... It only stops at the town of disappointment.

Yep, definitely not preordering or anything. Will wait and see. But I hope it's good. I WANT it to be good.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2017, 12:30 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 21:08:
OMFG tRump pardoned arpaio. best dotus ever

The fucker. Both of them.

29335 Comments. 1467 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo