Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30175 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
5. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 12:47 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 12:10:
On Nexus someone posted a bat file that gives you a 1000 of each item for building and as it's a text you can edit it to whatever number you wish. It's way more enjoyable than going around playing junkman and hauling around everything in sight.

Yeah I typically build my first settlement legitimately, and then all others I just console command myself tons of shit.

There is a pretty cool mod that involves a beacon, however, which you bring with you into an area, then you stash the beacon in a particular container (like a drawer), and then everything you put into that container gets "moved" by your settlers back to your settlement. (at least, that's the idea behind it. In reality, it just despawns and respawns), but it's a nice in-the-middle option for hauling all that shit yourself or console cheating it.

Also, I really like these free weekend deals, especially with the "you can keep your progress" bit included. It seems a nice alternative to a demo. I think Torchlight might have been the first game to do it? I definitely bought it because of that free weekend.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Jan 30, 2018, 11:59 Creston

Ultimate karma would have been if someone stole the asshole's car as soon as he got out to help that miserable bitch.

In any case, I hope both of them get ass cancer.

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
46. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 30, 2018, 11:41 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 20:37:
Microsoft buying Valve is a terrifying nightmare.

Why? Do you like the hats that much?

I think MS buying Valve as a developer would be a non-development as far as games are concerned. Valve makes like 1 game every 15 years.

MS buying Steam would of course be a whole different animal, but I seriously doubt Gabe is going to sell it.

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
44. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 30, 2018, 10:41 Creston

Noting the company has a war chest of at least $130 billion dollars

Yeah, this is not how companies work, Polygon. Departments can't just go "Well, shit, look at all this cash! We can spend freely!" The Xbox department has a budget assigned to it, it can't just freely grab money from wherever it wants to.

The problem is that the Xbox department, relative to many other MS departments, just doesn't make enough money. That MS has persisted in it for so long has been quite surprising.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 29, 2018, 11:56 Creston

1Gbps wireless, in massively populated areas only, with a 15GB cap.

Also, it didn't really take Verizon very long after Ajit Pai sucked their dicks to go full hog on their heavy throttling of mobile video.

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
22. Re: Are Jan 29, 2018, 11:55 Creston

In any case, this is clearly something that needs to be ruled on by the SCOTUS.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Origins Game+ Mode Coming
3. Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins Game+ Mode Coming Jan 29, 2018, 11:53 Creston

Quinn wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 11:49:
I want them to release a mode that is like the normal mode (on whatever difficulty or game+ mode) that has the History mode in it. How awesome is it to be lead toward some arena, having then the choice to walk up to some placate that executes the History part of that area or building? Playing the actual game while becoming an expert on everything historic Egypt, in fewer words.
Who wouldn't want that?

I don't know if that's as easy as we think it is. In History mode, everything else is disabled. No enemies, no AI, no scripts etc. They can load that mode at the start, but if you have to do it on the fly in amidst playing the game, I could see that causing all kinds of issues.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2018, 11:33 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 10:51:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 10:44:
Beamer wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 10:24:
Is Snapple a thing outside of the NYC area?
Never had an issue finding it in Texas, so i guess it's a thing.

It was founded in Long Island, and is currently based in Texas, so being able to find it in Texas isn't surprising.

The question is whether people in Indiana or Ohio or California see it as ubiquitously.

My company sells it throughout all states that we do business in (around a dozen.)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2018, 11:32 Creston

22 years... holy crap we're all old...

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
14. Re: Are Jan 29, 2018, 11:29 Creston

As soon as publishers bring a lawsuit over this, stop streaming and let's playing games, and just wait a few weeks for the absolute HOWLS of anguish from said publishers when they realize their sales have gone in the shitter.

News Comments > PUBG Known Issues
20. Re: PUBG Known Issues Jan 29, 2018, 09:53 Creston

From EA to paid Beta: The PUBG story.

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek
29. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 29, 2018, 09:51 Creston

Can a judge please put a gag order on both these idiot companies?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
15. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 29, 2018, 09:49 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 08:35:
Not to mention, there are plenty of studies about the detrimental effects of games. Any time they get mentioned here, they're written off as flawed or quackery. But when it's something the people here dislike, it's just assumed as wholly accurate.

There is a significant difference between shitty 'scientists' bleating "GAMES CAUSE OUR KIDS TO BECOME MURDER MACHINES!" without any kind of evidence, and actual former Vice Presidents of Facebook going "We designed Facebook to hammer the shit out of people's addiction centers, and it's now just an empty echo chamber where people never see anything that disagrees with their personal world vision."

But you love Facebook, so you'll never admit that. You're literally doing the exact same thing you're complaining about, just in reverse.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 28, 2018, 23:21 Creston

Die Facebook.

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered
18. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 27, 2018, 13:21 Creston

It's a class move to offer refunds to everyone that bought it. That's incredible. Kudos, Epic. Thumbsup

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. How does MoviePass make money? Jan 26, 2018, 16:06 Creston

It doesn't. Numbers don't work that way, no matter how much VC idiots seem to believe they do. The more customers MoviePass has, the more money they lose (if those customers at least go see 2 movies a month.)

So I dunno, I guess maybe they think that millions of people will subscribe, and then never go see any movies? Maybe they'll make canceling your account literally impossible.

Apparently VC seem to think that throwing endless money at a company that never makes a profit, and watching it "grow" is somehow a valid business plan. Oh, hi, Uber!

So then they resort to what is essentially extortion. Awesome.

News Comments > Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer
14. Re: Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer Jan 26, 2018, 15:44 Creston

They explain the goal of the renovation is to provide visitors "a more intuitive experience and stronger branding for all three pillars of the game’s development." sucker more people into giving money for pictures of pretty spaceships.

Eh, on the flipside, it's not like their webguy was busy building planets, so whatever.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 26, 2018, 09:45 Creston

Yeah, I fail to see why I'm supposed to get upset about idiot teenagers choosing to poison themselves. Who cares? One less moron on the planet.

Same with all these imbeciles who set themselves on fire and film it. Burn, idiots, burn.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2018, 17:44 Creston

Nah, Congress / Senate is made up of cheap whores, not expensive whores. I'm sure most of them will happily be bought for a fiver.

News Comments > Anthem Delayed?
13. Re: Anthem Delayed? Jan 25, 2018, 17:41 Creston

Apparently, Bioware is all in on Anthem.

When it undoubtedly does not live up to EA's expectations, because

1) EA is retarded, and will expect this game to produce a billion dollars in revenue
2) EA is retarded, and will put so many lootboxes and microtransactions in it that it will make the Apple store look like a benign, happy place in comparison
3) Bioware has never made a game like this, is not good at it and seems to think that everyone was clamoring for an Iron Man meets Destiny game
4) Destiny 2 is pissing everyone off, so any game that's going to come out as "It's like Destiny!" is just not going to get a great reception from the get-go

I'm pretty sure Bioware is just doomed. They had a nice run, but in the end EA will just slaughter them like they slaughtered every other studio they've ever bought.

30175 Comments. 1509 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo