Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29919 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 15:06 Creston

Modern games not playable on nine year old processors! Film at eleven! Rolleyes

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Control Rights Follow-up
9. Re: Star Control Rights Follow-up Dec 5, 2017, 15:02 Creston

Atari checked with its lawyers and wrote back confirming our claims, apologizing to everyone for the mistake and informing GOG to remove the games from sale and pay any royalties earned to us.

Fine. So produce that document, and this entire saga will end. Instead, all we get is the two of them continuously claiming all existing rights belong to them, without anything to back it up.

Sadly, in the games industry, being the creator very very very very very often means you do NOT, in fact, own the rights to said game. If these rights lay with Accolade, later bought by Infogrames, later turned into Atari, then sold to Stardock, then Stardock has every right to sell your games.

If all Brad Wardell wants to see is a document that proves what you say is true and he'll stop selling your games, why are you continuing to whine on your blog about how unfair it all is? Show him the freaking document already.

News Comments > Who Controls Star Control?
31. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 4, 2017, 15:04 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 14:47:
Wrong. Brad Wardell himself stated the case was settled and that each side agreed to withdraw their claims. He claims no money was exchanged as part of the settlement but there are plenty of ways to compensate her whilst still claiming she received no money. The entire situation seems quite sketchy and completely in keeping with the exchanges I've had with him over on Neowin, which is partially owned by Stardock.

Wardell filed the counterclaim to destroy her credibility and it was only after she filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against him. Even in Wardell's subsequent interviews he's gone out of his way to attack feminism, so I really don't have any doubt he created a hostile work environment in the manner described. Here's a direct quote from Wardell about feminists: "They donít like men. Theyíre the ones who say they drink male tears and that sort of thing, I donít like that."

You need to stop reading between the lines. Both lawsuits were dismissed with the only stipulation between the two that SHE apologizes to Wardell for what she did. If she had a leg to stand on, do you think that's what would've happened?

Holy crap you make a lot of shit up if you don't like somebody.

News Comments > Bossa Studios Making AI Push
7. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 14:58 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 12:32:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 10:57:
Soon the games will play us.

They'll conveniently and automatically connect your credit card and buy you some loot boxes when the complex algorithms determine we are too hopeless to git gud. EA expects this to greatly increase the sensation of pride and accomplishment.

Giggle Giggle

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 4, 2017, 11:13 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 19:43:
Yup. PUBG's been top dawg since March consistently every fucking week after week after week...
No CoD, no AssCreed, no Middle Earth, no GTA, no Skyrim, no Witcher has been able to dethrone it. Sad but true.

I think there was one week where something outsold it? It was just for that week, but I think there was one little blip in PUBG's dominance.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2017, 11:12 Creston

My wife's not a fan, but she has asked if we're going to go see it. We probably will, but after six or seven weeks or so, on a quiet Saturday morning.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 4, 2017, 11:11 Creston

Hahaha, that's brilliant.

23. Re: Who Controls Star Control? Dec 4, 2017, 11:10 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 06:47:
It's worth noting that Brad Wardell is famous for sexually harassing a female employee, sending her a 'sexual purity test', making unwanted sexual contact, telling sexist and vulgar jokes and violating her private life. When she filed a lawsuit he then manufactured a counter-suit to destroy her credibility. It ended with a behind the scenes settlement that involved the woman publicly apologising but it's pretty obvious he paid her off.

Unsurprisingly for someone obsessed with sexual purity he is also a devout conservative famous for boycotting UPS after they withdrew advertising from Fox News due to Glenn Beck making racist and derogatory remarks about Obama.

Put simply he's a bit of an arsehole and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the allegations made by the original developers are entirely true.

That case was dismissed with prejudice. Iow, it's 99.9999% likely that she made all that shit up in an effort to extort money from her previous employer.

If you base all your decisions regarding stardock on that, you have a supremely sad world view. Let's hope for your sake nobody ever makes a false sexual harassment claim against Chris Roberts, hmm?

22. Re: Who Controls Star Control? Dec 4, 2017, 11:06 Creston

Ignoring all the dislike for Brad Wardell, Stardock seems to be going quite far out of their way to be accommodating to Paul and Fred here. I'm not sure why these guys are mad at them. They're letting you make your game, they're letting you use your aliens, they've said they're not going to put ANY of that stuff in their own game, except the name. And yet they still bitch?

If you guys signed a shitty publishing agreement with Atari (which seems 100% likely, because ALL publishing agreements made by Atari were shitty), that's not Stardock's fault.

Also, I'd recommend just calling Brad and getting things hashed out and put to paper, rather than waste your time and your probably limited resources on a legal battle.

News Comments > Bossa Studios Making AI Push
1. Re: Bossa Studios Making AI Push Dec 4, 2017, 10:57 Creston

Soon the games will play us.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 2, 2017, 18:22 Creston

I loved Oblivion and Skyrim, but I loved them because of the mods. Bethesda gets a lot of kudos from me for the fact that they've always been so supportive of mods, and that their games are so massively mod'able, but at the same time, they have a very "ah fuck it, the community will patch it" attitude to metric assloads of bugs.

Do you not remember all the bullshit that happened with the initial release of Skyrim? That some guy in the community had to figure out that there was a bit of code wrong in the engine, and he wrote like a five line patch that increased everyone's performance by like 20fps, and then finally three patches later Bethesda finally goes "yeah, maybe we should use that." How about the absolutely god-awful UI that was basically impossible to use with a m/kb?

Or how about the Special Edition, that released with absolutely TERRIBLE audio quality files, because apparently nobody could be bothered to test anything, and the community put a mod out within a few hours that just gave you the original Skyrim's sounds.

Bethesda does a lot of things half-assed. The fact that their games are still so good is both a testament to their talent, but also makes me wonder how good their games COULD be if they finally started giving more of a shit.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2017, 18:35.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Reddit finds stolen car Dec 2, 2017, 13:02 Creston

Jalopnik helps cops finds hit & run and getaway criminals on a weekly basis, just based off of shitty blurry pictures of half a car, or a smashed tail light.

It's in those instances where the Internet is really fucking awesome.

2. Voyager Dec 2, 2017, 12:57 Creston

That is absolutely amazing. Those things haven't fired for 37 years, and after all that time in space, they STILL WORK.

The fact we can still communicate with it is almost unbelievable. NASA has done so many absolutely incredible things. It's sad we no longer give them the funding necessary to do even 10% of the stuff they used to do.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 2, 2017, 12:54 Creston

"It gets the job doneóbut we expected more" is kind of the motto for Bethesda's games since Morrowind.

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
6. Re: Seven: The Days Long Gone Released Dec 1, 2017, 18:23 Creston

PC Gamer thought it was pretty darn good, if rather buggy at release.

I'm definitely picking this up in January.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 16:28 Creston

BobBob wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 16:11:
An ethical / legal scenario and question:

Someone stole a winning lottery number and somehow took the multi-million dollar cash prize and started a controversial company that hired 1000s of people. Then the company went public on the stock exchange. Later on ... The lotto commission finds the person committed fraud. The real winner didn't get his/her multi-million award. What can or should be done about that?

The person who stole the money has to pay it back (presumably not that hard, since he owns a company that employs thousands of people), then goes to jail. The official winner gets his money. The company stays in existence, minus its now-jailed CEO.

That's how the JUST way would go.

Here in the US, jack shit would happen to the guy, and the Republicans would quickly create a bill that prohibits CEOs from ever being accused of a crime ever again.

News Comments > DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018
14. Re: DayZ Beta and Release Planned for 2018 Dec 1, 2017, 16:23 Creston

Baby, come back! Next year is the year I'll change for good! I promise, baby! I won't hit you no more! Baby! Baby...?!  

53. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 16:18 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 17:32:
Rodgers is arguably the best QB of all time.

Ooooh errrr missus.

I mean, come on. It's not as if Tom Brady is not even playing anymore. That said, Aaron Rodgers is definitely better than Eli Manning. I think Aaron Rodgers is probably better than Peyton Manning.

52. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 16:14 Creston

BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:29:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:23:
BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:00:
ok.
Bobbob! You're not dead!

Whatcha been up to?

Working and writing two novels. Been fairly busy. Plus, we remodeled a kitchen and portions of our home. Finally, life has calmed down.

How are you?

Hey, welcome back, Bob!

News Comments > Seven: The Days Long Gone Released
2. Re: Seven: The Days Long Gone Released Dec 1, 2017, 15:01 Creston

Miracle of sound did the theme song for this, quite a good song too.

Game looks very interesting. I really like the art style.

29919 Comments. 1496 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo