Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28525 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
46. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 14, 2017, 15:19 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 10:21:
thecakeisalie wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 09:59:
I have the best Microsoft Windows "Game Mode" setup right now. It's called Windows 7 Professional with all of the non-essential bloat removed and on a SSD boot drive. Works beautifully.
OMG OMG OMG, You don't have DirectX 12 for the 4 games that only run on it. Whatever are you to do?

There are FOUR games now that support DX12? Holy shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 14, 2017, 15:17 Creston

I think the Titanfall franchise has sung its last song.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 13, 2017, 22:16 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 00:07:
Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:17:
I saw that fucking extension pop the other night. Told it to die in a fire and quickly found and uninstalled it. I'd wondered how it'd gotten on there.

Fuck you, Adobe. You pieces of shit. How you keep managing to keep yourselves alive year after year by convincing corporations that your bloated junk software is essential is truly one of the great world wonders.

Photoshop and After Effects and Premiere are industry standards, dude... thats probably how they stay alive

Well yes, but they're "industry standards" because "everyone uses them", not necessarily because they're the best. It's the same with .pdfs. Everyone uses pdf because "that's what you use." not because it's still the best way of doing things. And when people need to make a .pdf, they automatically think they need $460 worth of Acrobat Pro.

At least, that's how it is in the enterprise.

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Plans
13. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Plans Jan 13, 2017, 21:48 Creston

With the quality way they've been doing updates, turning on game mode will likely just uninstall all your games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2017, 16:52 Creston

Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2017, 10:59:
I'm a big time Nintendo fan but I'm sitting this one out.

- Hefty price tag, no games included
- Anemic internal storage, sure its expandable but more $$$. Sure the games are on cartridges but they still need patches, DLC, etc etc.
- Very expensive peripherals, Nintendo is taking the toy approach here
- Outsourced online functionality, much of it through a smartphone app
- Paid monthly subscription for online play, not exactly a Nintendo strength in the first place
- Adding insult to injury they're offering free NES and SNES games monthly to people who subscribe...but they vanish the next month. Only Nintendo could be this stingy with 20-30 year old games.
- Even when docked Zelda is running at 900p
- 3 hour battery life (in Zelda apparently) is below even the Shield Tablet
- Confirmed launch line up is paltry yet again, Nintendo has learned nothing from its past 4 console launches apparently

Lol, even Microsoft looks at that and goes "Damn, dafuq are you guys thinking??"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 13, 2017, 16:51 Creston

$300 seems pricey to me. Does that include a game?

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 12, 2017, 22:42 Creston

NetHead wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:49:
Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 21:17:
I saw that fucking extension pop the other night. Told it to die in a fire and quickly found and uninstalled it. I'd wondered how it'd gotten on there.

Fuck you, Adobe. You pieces of shit. How you keep managing to keep yourselves alive year after year by convincing corporations that your bloated junk software is essential is truly one of the great world wonders.

Yet you have their crap installed?

Flash hasn't yet gone the way of the dodo, unfortunately.

News Comments > 25 Million Rocket League Players
4. Re: 25 Million Rocket League Players Jan 12, 2017, 21:27 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 09:47:
Well keep in mind Rocket League was a free game on PSN last year I think, might have been a year before.

That's a good point, I'd forgotten about that. Even so, this is still just printing them money. Which is good, I'm glad to see good devs with great community support do well.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 12, 2017, 21:24 Creston

How the fuck is Volkswagen not #1?

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
33. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 21:17 Creston

Gold on January 12th, released on February 28th? Holy crap, that has to be the longest "Gold to Shelf" time frame ever...

In any case, I'm pretty excited to play it. If I remembered to switch over my email address to my new one on their website, which I... may not have done...

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 12, 2017, 21:17 Creston

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Decades in prison for VW execs Jan 12, 2017, 21:14 Creston

Lol. Whatever. Ignoring the fact that most of them aren't even in the US, since when do executives go to jail for their bullshit? VW will pay the fine (admittedly massively huge), they won't pay a dime, and that'll be the end of it.

Next time some cocksucker exec sees a way to cheat and thereby boost his stock bonus by $10K, he'll do so, because there's never any deterrent against doing so.

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
20. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 00:11 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 00:02:
Does it affect 3D games on multi-monitor systems, or does it affect 3D games that use more than one monitor? "Multi-monitor support in some games" implies that this is only an issue when a 3D application is using multiple monitors but the article is too busy belabouring the point about forced updates to actually discuss this.

Note, it's not just games. 3D rendering apps. Likely meaning that if I don't cut this fucking 'update' off at the ass tomorrow, all my engineers at work (who use AutoDesk on 2-3-4 monitors) are probably going to be shit out of fucking luck.

News Comments > Outbreak Next Week
1. Re: Outbreak Next Week Jan 11, 2017, 21:32 Creston

According to developer Dead Drop Studios, there should be virtually no connection issues. (There’s no P2P, so players don't directly connect.) Furthermore, Outbreak has a *region selector* to ensure a low ping worldwide.

Uh-huh...

So what happens when you lose your ONE LIFE? Game over 'till next map? Done for the day? Uninstall?

News Comments > 25 Million Rocket League Players
1. Re: 25 Million Rocket League Players Jan 11, 2017, 21:30 Creston

They sold 25 million copies??? Holy shitsnacks! o_O  

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
10. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 11, 2017, 21:26 Creston

Fuck you, Microsoft, and your fucking NON-EXISTANT testing scheme. When are you going to stop using all these mouth breathers on your "insider build" program, and actually start TESTING some of this shit?

You fucking break monitors, webcams, printers, and your answer is always "Well, don't use that then."

Fuck you and your worthless, shit, mandatory update bullshit.

News Comments > More Overwatch Roadhog Changes
12. Re: More Overwatch Roadhog Changes Jan 11, 2017, 16:20 Creston

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 15:52:
Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 10:29:
Ah yes, the usual Blizzard Nerf Hammer has struck again. Let's not adjust something a little bit downwards, let's just make it completely utterly useless, then adjust it back up when the cries of outrage become too overwhelming.

It's really become a concept by now. Many games employ the Blizzard Nerf Hammer method of "balancing."

I guess I don't see anything wrong with making drastic changes on the PTR as long as they listen to feedback, which it seems like they are doing.

I thought they had put the hook nerf on public servers, not just the PTR. My bad.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2017, 14:11 Creston

Happy level up day Ant!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2017, 13:15 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 12:50:
25K in a week is not a lot if you have the right keywords to show up in search results and suggestions. Even 25K in an hour is perfectly feasible if your stuff goes viral.

However this story has nothing to do with YouTube, it's a pretty huge scam involving thousands of fake web sites and hundreds of thousands of bots designed to milk pay-per-click video ads. The crux of it seems to be that huge ad companies are using automated algorithms to choose where to put their ads, lol... So these guys exploited that lack of human oversight and just engineered their way to being paid millions of dollars for nothing.

Eh, if ad companies want to be lazy, they get what they deserve. No sympathy on my end.

News Comments > More Overwatch Roadhog Changes
7. Re: More Overwatch Roadhog Changes Jan 11, 2017, 13:12 Creston

Blackhawk wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 12:44:
Nerf hammer?

I see one bug fix, three buffs, and only one nerf (and that is to Ana's grenade, which everyone, including pro players, say is particularly broken.)

The nerf happened the previous patch a few days ago. Now they're quickly having to un-nerf it again, because as usual, they just utterly crushed an entire skill.

28525 Comments. 1427 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo