Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29502 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2017, 12:54 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 22:05:
Isn't this something which Wheeler and the old gang should have anticipated especially so close to an election? Couldn't that have done something to make it permanent or at least stay in effect for x amount of years before the torches and pitchforks came out from ISPs?

Seems like a waste when the next administration can come in and essentially lay waste to everything done by the previous.

No, the agencies like the FTC and FCC can create mandates and guidelines and suggestions etc, but they are NOT law. So you're always going to wind up with the chance that the next election, all these guidelines go out the window.

For most agencies, this doesn't happen, because the guidelines are good, make sense, protect the public interest, etc. Even when new commissioners show up, they know that the rules are good, so they leave them alone. In the case of the FTC, however, these rules that are good contradict the need for Ajit Fucking Pai to line his own pockets, so out they go.

He is literally the biggest whore to have ever walked this planet. And that's saying something if you look at our current Congress critters and Senators.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2017, 12:51 Creston

Users Urge Supreme Court To Kill ISPs.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2017, 12:43 Creston

Yes? Why wouldn't they?

Oh wait, I forgot, you're a Congress critter. You're above the law!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 30, 2017, 12:43 Creston

Important to note, roughly 80% of the people IBM employs in the US are also Indian.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2017, 18:46 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 15:34:
I'll say this, If I love a game and it gives me the ability to progress faster than a slug grind fest (Like for example planetside 2 with double exp and boosters) I'd have no problem dumping in a few hundred a year to progress, plus I'm loving the game.

Right, which is fine, I mean, it's your money and all.

The problem is: Devs/Publishers DELIBERATELY make the game a grind so that you feel practically OBLIGATED to buy these fucking loot boxes. They know there are plenty of people with enough disposable income but not enough time to play for 50-60 hours (because those two often go together) to get to the "good stuff", and so they put in a few loot boxes, because hey, it's just 10 bucks and you skip 50 hours and you're having FUN BABY!

But people who want to play and enjoy the game normally, or who struggle to buy one or two games a year, and don't have the money for loot boxes, they get told "Fuck you, grind for 50 hours before you start having fun."

In a free to play game? I totally get it. It has to make money somehow. Loot box the shit out of that.

In a full price title? FUCK that dev and that publisher with a goddamn rusty 60" drill bit. Shadows of Mordor can suck my dick with its fucking loot boxes in a single player game AAA $60 title bullshit.

as you can tell, I do not feel strongly about this whatsoever.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition Peels Out
1. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition Peels Out Sep 29, 2017, 11:39 Creston

Collect Buy car packs and race more than 700 cars

FTFY, Microsoft.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 29, 2017, 11:36 Creston

Everyone who keeps buying loot boxes is contributing to this BS. And there's a ton of these mouthbreathers, so it's not going to go away.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 29, 2017, 09:16 Creston

Slick wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 06:15:
*update IM NOT CRAZY!*

Check out the original Trailer

The emotional target, the lighting, the volumetric effects, the shadows, the particle effects, the tone mapping...

The second trailer looks like it's from a completely different generation... I wonder if that's the console trailer, but maybe the PC version will eventually look like the first trailer?

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I wonder if it's just a case of them focusing on different areas in the second trailer, but it does look a lot less ... atmospheric.

Also noticed a couple more janky animations, the gator attack, and drawing the bowstring... looked very video-gamey. Which is fine, you'd think they'd have something better for the goddamned trailer though.

I thought the gator looked alright, but I do agree with the bow draw animation, that looked pretty mediocre.

As for the horse animations though, they seem fine to me? They look the same as I remember them looking from the first RDR.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 29, 2017, 09:09 Creston

Equifax should go away for the rest of my life. I love how their new CEO is "We need to work hard to regain your trust."

Motherfuckers, WHAT TRUST? NONE OF US EVER CHOSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU. The US government just allows you to harvest and store every single shred of financial data on us that exists for absolutely horseshit reasons.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 28, 2017, 16:42 Creston

Verno wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 10:24:
I trust Equifax to do exactly jack shit right now. The scope of the breach is breathtaking and like many breaches, was accomplished in the most simplistic manner. It begs the question why there aren't stricter regulations for companies who possess enough information to literally derail the entire credit system.

Zip your corporate speak PR trap and spend some money on security. Stop with the PR platitudes and loophole offers.

But security costs a lot of cash. It's far cheaper to just spend some money on some senators and get yourself absolved from all blame.

News Comments > 3D Print and Sell Your Own Valve Merchandise
4. Re: 3D Print and Sell Your Own Valve Merchandise Sep 28, 2017, 16:39 Creston

Can I 3D print and sell Half Life 3?

News Comments > Overwatch Ban Bug Squashed
3. Re: Overwatch Ban Bug Squashed Sep 27, 2017, 12:36 Creston

Damn, that was a nasty bug.  

News Comments > Ruiner Released
7. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 26, 2017, 22:27 Creston

Unless you like being frustrated to the point of fucking agony, or you're really, REALLY good at twitch games, I'd give this one a miss.

The checkpoint system in this game is ridiculous. It'll gladly throw you up against 20 - 30 enemies in a row, each of whom can kill you in ~ 2 shots, and if you die against enemy 29, you get put back at the start of the battle against enemy #1. And then you die at 20, go back to 1. Die at 14, go back to 1. Die against 30, go back to 1. Etc etc etc etc etc etc ad infinitum. I was already lucky to get past the very first boss battle, where you even have a time limit, but in the very next mission you get into an area where there's molotov throwers, guys with shotguns (one shot kill), guys with pistols, melee guys, all coming at you at once. There's like seven guys all running around shooting and slashing at you, and like I said, two shots and you're dead. Or one from the shotgun guy. It's a little exaggerated on the difficulty spike. I've been trying this battle for 20 minutes now. I give up.

Sure, you'll get better and probably be able to handle it, but I'm not sure that hours of aggravation is worth it. For me it isn't, anyway. You have to basically be perfect to get through a battle. One bad dash (which you can run out of temporarily,) and you're fucked. Kind of sucks if you've just been fighting for six minutes straight and a single mistake forces you to redo the entire battle again. And again. And again and again and again and again and again and again and......

For those significantly better at games than I am : It looks great, the sound track is awesome (if you like this kind of music anyway), it plays silky smooth, lots of different weapons (though each only gives you a few shots, so you wind up using your shit pistol 99% of the time). The city of Rengkok oozes cyberpunk charm. It looks like there's a pretty deep skill system (though I leveled up and had a skill point, and didn't appear to be able to spend it for whatever weird reason).

Movement is a little clunky, imo. I don't like games where N, E, S and W is always the same, rather than relative to your character. I much prefer back to always be back for my character rather than a set direction no matter which way I'm facing, but that's just my personal feeling on it. I'm sure most people prefer it this way.

So far, the two levels that I saw looked extremely similar. Probably not a ton of variety in that, but then again, I played it for an hour, so who knows. The "story" and cutscenes are pretty terrible. I don't really expect much in a top down shooter, but on the flipside, why go through all this effort to put an entire city in there to not really bother much with story?

Got a side mission in the city about cats and them being spying devices which was kinda cool, but then the last cat I needed to hack was behind a huge crowd of people and no matter what I couldn't get at it. So, stuck side mission 30 minutes in?

But the combat just killed me, and killed it for me. I'm too old for this kind of aggravation. Ten minutes in I basically stopped having fun. I think I may reinstall Zombie Shooter 2, or Shadowgrounds or something and play those. Sorry, Ruiner. You're getting refunded. Hopefully most people will enjoy you more than I did.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2017, 22:44.

News Comments > Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
1. Re: Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition Sep 26, 2017, 20:59 Creston

Dammit Todd, announce your next freaking game already. I've finished Fallout 4. I've even played another 120 hours in Skyrim SE.

I NEED MOAR GAME.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 26, 2017, 20:57 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 19:20:
LOL, I just read at the Guardian that the glass backs are more expensive than the screen to replace.

Apparently the glass back is to facilitate wireless charging?

Or to rip people off by replacing it when they drop it. I'm more inclined to think the latter.

News Comments > Ruiner Released
5. Re: Ruiner Released Sep 26, 2017, 18:42 Creston

GMG's site is not working properly. Shit.

Guess I'm just buying it off Steam then.

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
49. Re: Intel's Sep 26, 2017, 18:34 Creston

Wetworks wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 16:32:
If your only into gaming or need the best gaming performance then 8700k is the best option. It'll perform better than the 7700K in games and will be somewhere around the 1700 for productivity.

Right, but I'm fed up with Intel's bullshit, and the birdshit they use as TIM so they can save themselves 20 cents per processor and force people to replace worn out processors faster, so I'm definitely going AMD.

Thanks for the tips on the 1700/1600.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 15:50 Creston

Someone show drumpf how to use Google Street View. Might help with his dementia.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2017, 11:51 Creston

VoodooV wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 21:51:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/treknology-weapons.htm

inconsistencies in phasers among many other things.

I stand corrected on the phasers in warp theory.

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
46. Re: Intel's Sep 26, 2017, 11:48 Creston

Anyone have any opinions on what the golden spot is for Ryzen? 1700s? 1700Xs?

29502 Comments. 1476 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo