Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29186 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > More on Dying Light DLC Plans
9. Re: More on Dying Light DLC Plans Jul 24, 2017, 21:56 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 18:20:
Creston wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 16:00:
Ah okay, never bothered with no weapon degradation mods. Vendors sell oranges like they're candy, and the few yellows I have, I just refurbish through the blue shield vendors when they break, so eh.

The crazy high weapon degradation is the main reason why I stopped playing the game. I love these types of games, and I even loved Dead Island, which also had weapon degradation, but I hate the way it's implemented in Dying Light to the point that I didn't like the game. It's not like I didn't give it a chance either, I got 11 hours of playtime. I heard about that mod a little while ago and I planned to play it again, but now screw it.

It's really not that high, though. You need to slaughter like 400 zombies for an Orange to break fully, and even then you can just refurbish it again. (and again, and again, and again, ad infinitum.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2017, 21:54 Creston

I've been communicating using my finger all my life.

HEYYYYOOOOOO!!! *tappity tappity tappity*

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 24, 2017, 16:03 Creston

Soon the tax credits will disappear from electric cars, and then their sales WILL blow up. Into oblivion.

5. Re: More on Dying Light DLC Plans Jul 24, 2017, 16:00 Creston

Ah okay, never bothered with no weapon degradation mods. Vendors sell oranges like they're candy, and the few yellows I have, I just refurbish through the blue shield vendors when they break, so eh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2017, 12:50 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 12:45:
Holy shit does that Thor movie look unbelievably bad.

Thor 3: Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Archer vs Kingsman is hilarious.
"The most gentlemanly sport available."
"Turkish Oil Wrestling?"
"No, you twat!"

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 24, 2017, 12:48 Creston

The trailer looks SO FREAKING AWESOOOMMMMEEEEEE!  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 24, 2017, 12:47 Creston

Haha, yeah I was going to say the same thing. It'll never amount to more than talk with GRRM.

2. Re: More on Dying Light DLC Plans Jul 24, 2017, 12:46 Creston

I have no issue with any of my mods? Admittedly I only run a few, but they run fine.

Looking forward to the new DLC, though after 100+ hours of straight playing, I'm a little tired of killing zombies for now. I may wait until they've released half of them or something, and then do a new game +.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 23, 2017, 23:36 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 23:28:
Yeah, I meant to watch the first season but forgot so I'll give it a whirl. Is it really squee-worthy?

Fuck and yes. First of all, it's a really awesome story. I mean, it's a bit "been there done that", but they do give it enough little twists to make it somewhat different. It's CREEPY as fuck, but in a good way. Then there's the characters, most of whom go through just excellent arcs in the series and have genuine growth, so you can go from hating the shit out of them to actually liking them.

And then there's the 80s nostalgia. It's EVERYWHERE. It may genuinely be the most authentic time-piece show available. Everything looks fucking fabulous, and you'll be laughing and giggling at all the 80s stuff just passing by in the background, right before something creepy happens again, and you're sitting on the edge of your seat.

It is a great, GREAT show. Watch it.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 23, 2017, 17:52 Creston

STRANGER THINGS TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 23, 2017, 10:44 Creston

NamecaF wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 03:01:
I honestly cant see how it could be any worse than Luke Cage. That shit was fucking unwatchable.

Ditto. I have no clue how people liked Luke Cage and found Iron Fist bad.

There's some good stuff in the latter part of the season of Iron Fist, (including a pretty cool plot twist) but I agree that you shouldn't have to sit through seven, eight episodes of pretty boring shit to get there. Also, Iron Fist is supposed to be the best martial artist on the planet, and so his fight scenes just look bad, since the guy can't even kick straight.

But in comparison to Luke Cage it was practically Babylon 5. "Hey, let's make a show about a guy who can't be hurt, so nobody has any reason to ever worry about him when we cliffhanger another episode, then also let's make him this mopey, surly motherfucker who for twelve episodes does nothing but complain about how fucking bad his life is, let's have the bad guys keep shooting at him endlessly in slow motion, even though by episode 2 they have already learned that he is bullet proof and thus they're literally achieving nothing except to waste bullets, and finally, let's take a decent antagonist, kill him off midway, and then replace him with essentially a totally insane version of Samuel L Jackson on a bad day, who can somehow magically hurt Luke Cage because he wears a fucking glove."

And THAT gets a second season too. Blurgh.

At least Daredevil and Jessica Jones are up for their next seasons in 2018. If Daredevil can stop whining about how he doesn't want to kill anyone every four minutes, it'll be awesome.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 17:24 Creston

Hope it works out for ya, bats!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 21, 2017, 09:20 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 00:41:
Because a company that focuses on automated self-driving electric/hybrid cars, one on vacuum tube trains, and one on space travel.... well, guess what a company selection like that is needed for.

Hint: off-world colonies

Which are something that are 50-100 years out at the earliest. When have you ever known the stock market to focus on ANYTHING except next quarter's profits?

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 21, 2017, 09:19 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 07:24:
A Question.... even if the hyperloop doesn't work, size wise the tunnel alone could be used for a high speed train service right?

No. The tunnel isn't large or strong enough. The hyperloop capsule is like a 6 to 12 person capsule, and it fits in that tunnel like a glove. Also, the tunnel is raised off the ground, and it's not built to carry like a 100 ton train.

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 21, 2017, 09:14 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jul 21, 2017, 02:42:
I seriously doubt the costs would be remotely close to each other.

Well, the large majority of cost is involved in land purchases, which remain the same no matter what. Also, it's not as if a high speed rail is cheap to put down either. It's not a normal stretch of shitty railroad like you get elsewhere in the US, it's pretty much the Autobahn of rail, and it's built to a very exacting standard.

Japan has priced out their new stretch of Shinkansen rail at a staggering cost of $178 million per km. An earlier rail they built was 78 million per KM. In that same article, it said China built a maglev rail for $105 million per KM. So there's not that much difference between even HSR and maglev rail. HSR is crazy expensive to build.

I was unable to find any exact numbers on how much it's cost hyperloop-one to build their test stretch of tube, but I can't see it be THAT much more than 170 million dollars per km, and the hyperloop has an advantage in that it's raised, so it has a much easier time dealing with uneven land.

Particularly with the ongoing maintenance of ensuring that the tube has zero faults. I suspect that alone would be a fucking nightmare to look after.

Possibly, but that's not really the cost of construction.

Plus they haul a hell of a lot more people and cargo than the hyperloop does. Don't get me wrong, it's a super cool idea and I'd love to ride in one but it just seems like retarded impractical.

Yup, agreed there.

EDIT : apparently Musk is talking about building the NYC - DC hyperloop UNDERGROUND, which would raise costs to... shit, I don't know. A billion dollars a mile?

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 2017, 11:29.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 20, 2017, 23:38 Creston

91 billion dollar industry, and it needs fucking tax relief.

News Comments > Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month
18. Re: Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath Next Month Jul 20, 2017, 23:36 Creston

Is it all still for free?

I really need to give this a try, but the ludicrously large skill tree and possible combinations kind of turn me off. I should find a cool, fun build to play and just play that, I think.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 20, 2017, 23:35 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 21:28:
Yeah, more like the Pipedream Loop. Is there some reason he couldn't just do a high speed bullet train like the rest of the planet? It may not be a hyperloop but it would still be a huge benefit.

Eh, in essence the cost of construction would be reasonably comparable, so if you're going to build something, might as well go for the best available option.

The problem is of course that it isn't available. The technology doesn't work yet.

Hey, Elon is just talking his share price up, because investors apparently really ARE that fucking dumb. (seriously, why is Tesla valued higher than Ford or GM? That's just fucking nuts.)

News Comments > Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free
8. Re: Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free Jul 20, 2017, 23:33 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 22:27:
I thought it would be bigger..... *coughs*

You would!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free
7. Re: Shadow Warrior: Special Edition (2013) for Free Jul 20, 2017, 23:33 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 22:16:
Just got some free Wang.

Hehehe.

29186 Comments. 1460 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo