Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28657 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
23. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 19:27 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 18:32:
How to tell when Phil Spencer is lying.

His mouth is open?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
34. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 18, 2017, 17:19 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 15:16:
id probably liken it to a "fast-casual" dining experience (5 guys, etc), but thats usually comfort food anyways so yeh thats a good analogy

however, id say this is the most interesting combat gameplay ive seen for the series, so thats encouraging enough to think it might be more enjoyable than the previous series just in the fun factor area

I agree, this video is showing off some really fun looking combat. Allowing you to easily flush enemies out of cover is a great direction to take the combat system in, as in ME2 and ME3 a few strong enemies in cover would really bog you down (Unless you were a Vanguard, but if they were close together you really didn't dare charge into them anyway.)

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 18, 2017, 17:15 Creston

Hey Bill? That robot doesn't get paid. So what you're really saying is that that manufacturer who uses the robot should pay taxes.

Which is fine and all. Except that manufacturer simply raises his prices to make up for the taxes. Which means his customers, ie us, pay for it.

So it's basically just another way of saying there should be a Universal Basic Income.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 18, 2017, 17:12 Creston

I would be so fucking embarrassed if I worked at Facebook. Imagine having that imbecile as your CEO.

Yes, Mark. We'll solve all the world's problems through Facebook. If everyone would just post shit to Facebook 24/7, nobody would have time to do terrorism, or fight wars, or work, or ... oh wait.

News Comments > MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games
6. Re: MS Promises Windows Exclusive Games Feb 18, 2017, 17:02 Creston

'Is this a console RTS? Is this a PC RTS?.' And we are going to say yes.

Hilariously typical Microsoft.

The two are not the fucking same, Phil Numbnuts.

And PC gaming is critically important to the company

Fuck you. Seriously, just fuck you. Shut the fuck up.

28. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 18, 2017, 15:11 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 14:39:
at the same time, its millions and millions of bucks and very large teams of people dedicated to making it happen, so that means they can execute at a very high level, even if the basic fundamentals are very traditional and quite possibly "boring" from the perspective of ticking off boxes and staying "on trend" (which is somehow considered a good thing for some sick reason)

Bioware games are like comfort food now. You know what you're going to get, and you either like it or you don't. A lot of people enjoy doing the same thing every couple of years. I think if they altered ME (or DA) heavily and it didn't quite work, they'd have people all over the Internet going "Why did you change it??!!! IT WAS PERFECT!!"

So I can see why they don't run that risk, especially since this game probably cost them an easy 50-100 million to make.

I'm fine with Bioware sticking with the "Bioware mold." Let others run risks and create mindblowingly awesome (or mindblowingly terrible!) games. Some devs can stay in their niche and give me my comfort food every few years.

27. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 18, 2017, 15:07 Creston

Fion wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 14:28:
The skills system looks fantastic, though I really hope they limit how many skill 'lines' you can take to max. There are what; 30 skill lines? Give enough points to max out 10 at the most. That's enough to allow a tun of customizing and fine-tuning while leaving plenty of room for replayability.

They said you can't max out everything, as in have every skill bought at the same time, but I do believe you can respec almost at will, which probably boils down to the same thing? Caveat, I believe I read somewhere that there is no level cap, so I guess technically maybe you CAN max out everything, if it keeps giving you skill points. But it'd be the same as with Fallout 4 where certain people whined beforehand that you could "max out your character" and how stupid it was, only to then realize, oh, it would take like 900 years of playing to get to level 288 in order to actually do so.

In ME2 & 3 you could get everything in your class by the end, since ME:A doesn't have classes, I really hope it isn't set up so you can get every single skill available by the end, cause it'd severely hamper replayability.

So don't buy everything.

I genuinely don't get that argument. Not everyone has the time or the desire to play through something multiple times, so for those people, they can get whatever they want. If you want replayability, pick a role for yourself and stick to it.

Also what's with this 3 active skills at a time crap? Hello, a great many people will be playing this on PC, we don't need to be limited to 8 buttons.

That's more of a balance thing, I think. If you allowed people to take 12 active skills with them, you'd have a character who pops up two turrets, puts a Singularity in the enemies, pops up a barrier on himself, Vanguard charges into the helplessly spinning enemies, then Novas them, and finishes off with a boosted melee attack.

There needs to be something to stop it from getting just too ludicrously overpowered. From what they showed in the video, it seemed like you can set four favorite sets of powers that you can switch between.

Last, lets start to see those more RPG style elements, gear crafting and customization.

Ugh, no. The last thing I want to do is have to fucking scavenge 1200 of something again just to build a better assault rifle. That shit bored me to tears in DA:I.

Choices actually mattering beyond 'how long space battle cutscene is'

Okay, that's a crazy statement. Ignoring the ME3 ending, mass effect has been about nothing BUT choices that matter. Literally every one of your companions could be dead for ME3. Wrex can die in ME1. Kaidan/Ashley. The Ragni. Etc.

and while I know they said in this one there will not be a space battle... this is a space opera for fuck sake, can we please get a space battle that is something besides a 2 minute cutscene?!?!

Like what? You mean, like where you are actively fighting it? They'd have to build an entire space battle mechanic and control system just for that one battle, which would mean they'd probably have just 6 planets to explore rather than 12. (or however many it winds up being.)

I'd rather they give me more of the main stuff to do than some half-assed space battle. Also, your ship is a scout/explorer. Not some line destroyer.

Edited : Spelling.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2017, 17:25.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2017, 00:42 Creston

BobBob wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 18:58:
What the ... F

Can we also get a law that it's legal to hunt people who hunt bears?

News Comments > GeForce Hotfix Drivers
2. Re: GeForce Hotfix Drivers Feb 18, 2017, 00:34 Creston

Wasn't their previous driver WHQL-certified? So I guess that certification is even more worthless than we already think it is?

7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 00:32 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 23:07:
It's like they keep getting better at making Mass Effect.

I'm just hoping the multiplayer is as good as mass effect 3 multiplayer.

The whole game is made by the team that actually did the ME3 multiplayer portion, and they've said they're keeping it very similar, so I think it should be good.

6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Feb 18, 2017, 00:31 Creston

It looks really good. Very smooth combat, graphics look great, combat looks fun. Jetpacks seems awesome, it really kind of nullifies the whole "ten enemies sit behind cover and on insanity difficulty this makes the battle take ten minutes" problem of ME2 (and to a lesser extent, ME3.)

I know not everyone is a fan of the "pick whatever you want" (on the flipside, then just pick a single class and stick to it. Doesn't seem that hard to stick to), but I really enjoy the absurd amount of combos you can do with it.

Random observations:

- You can jetpack AND Vanguard Charge. That right there is just Win.
- Biotic Pull and then Biotic Throw. So awesome.
- Either they're playing on super-easy mode, or enemies don't take as much damage to kill, which is good. ME2 especially suffered quite a bit from bullet-sponge syndrome.

- Doesn't seem like there's a lot of enemy variety, though that may just be on that one planet. And that was always a problem with Mass Effect. I'd kind of hoped that after DA:I they'd have learned that lesson, but maybe not.

- Your companions' AI is still utterly, mind-numbingly braindead. "Hey, a mech! Let's go run in front of it!" Jesus, Bioware... In your video it doesn't matter since it's probably running in debug mode, but can you seriously not make an AI SIT IN FUCKING COVER when there's a mech on screen????
- It seems as if they brought back the weapons system from ME1? If so, ugh, because that system was just terrible.
- FemRyder's rictus grin is awful. She looks like the female Joker.

All in all, though, I'm excited. This combat video looked significantly better than the few snippets of combat they've shown so far.

News Comments > Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve
5. Re: Erik Wolpaw Leaves Valve Feb 18, 2017, 00:16 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 21:46:
For it's time, OMM was a fucking riot...

I loved OMM.

As for Erik, it kind of makes sense. Not much writing to do when all Valve makes are hats and excuses about why Steam's customer service still sucks so much, three years after they promised to make it better.

63. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 17, 2017, 12:50 Creston

Rigs wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 02:10:
I don't ignore anyone. It's not in my nature.

But it IS in your nature to ask for someone being banned? Because that's... better?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2017, 10:33 Creston

Archer looks AAWWEEESSOOMMMEEE.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2017, 10:30 Creston

#crookedtrump  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Transfers Ending Feb 17, 2017, 10:29 Creston

time is running out as this will no longer be possible as of March 6th, 2017

Why, exactly? That's just bullshit.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 19:49 Creston

Kidney stones are brutal, but (imo) not as bad as a severe herniation. The ones where your spine just constantly clenches your sciatic nerve. THAT was true fucking agony.

But in any case, hope it goes away soon, man. Kidney stones suck. Drink shitloads of water (not all at once though.)

News Comments > Prey Footage
10. Re: Prey Footage Feb 16, 2017, 18:52 Creston

The original Prey also had a 60 minute demo. Sadly, that was the 60 minutes of the game that was cool. The rest of it was fucking shit.

Please don't let this be the same way.

Re : Technical difficulties, from PCgamer:

Colantonio knows the pressure is on. “The Dishonored 2 release came as a surprise to us. PC is difficult because there are so many configurations out there, and a new driver just came out, so it’s just a difficult thing. And we did underestimate a little bit, so this time we’re really aware of it,” he says. “That doesn’t mean we can guarantee there won’t be any problems, but we’ll do our best so that it’s pretty smooth.”

Is that the same "best" that you did for Dishonored 2, where 9 out of 10 times I start up the game, it decides to take four minutes to rebuild the shader cache? Or where certain parts of the levels still dip down into nearly single digit frame rate on a GTX970?

Goodie.

News Comments > Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio
21. Re: Smedley Opens New Amazon Games Studio Feb 16, 2017, 18:49 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 00:46:
What's worse: washed out movie producers trying to make games or atrocious video game presidents trying to make games?

Damn man, can't we just hang them both?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2017, 15:47 Creston

Verno wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 09:33:
That's nothing, go look at the clusterfuck that is the store sometime. Too many entries for everything, cortana search is a nightmare, loading wheels constantly, etc. They actually make buying things from there a total annoyance. Huge emphasis on publisher purchased content slots to the point where they take precedence over your fucking search results.

The UI is slow and annoying. No caching at all, constantly waiting for loads between fucking interface elements is beyond obnoxious. Stupid emphasis on "social" and promoted content which means your my games list lives in a narrow sliver of the screen in the upper right. Games take forever to install/play.

The Xbox fucking sucks. Every time I play at a friends place I'm glad I got a PS4 instead. The only reason I even check his out sometimes is Forza. I was looking at a list of games coming up for both consoles and it seems like a wasteland on the Microsoft side of things. Phantom Dust, State of Decay 2? Crackdown Vaporware? Yet they cancelled Scalebound somehow. Fucking ridiculous company.

I agree, it's pretty fucking awful. The only time when mine gets turned on is if my wife watches Netflix on it.

If they saddle Scorpio with the same god-awful UI, I'm definitely not interested.

28657 Comments. 1433 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo