Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27450 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Street Fighter V Plans
1. Re: Street Fighter V Plans Jun 10, 2016, 13:21 Creston

This is not free DLC. This is you finally delivering the game that you already had people pay for. Scumbags.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend
15. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 10, 2016, 13:16 Creston

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 10, 2016, 00:13:
Best bet for this game is to mod it. Nexusmods has some that rebalance weapons, change the frequency of encounters, etc.

Oh sweet, I didn't realize it had mods. Thanks man!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2016, 13:09 Creston

No, it's just plain THEFT.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Amazon Echo makes my kids rude Jun 10, 2016, 13:09 Creston

Can't read the article here at work, but here's a thought:

Maybe, I dunno, spend some more time with your kids instead of buying a few pieces of technology and expecting those to raise them for you? Or don't buy an Amazon Echo and take 5 seconds to do shit yourself?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 9, 2016, 23:26 Creston

several devices capable of seizing funds loaded on to prepaid debit cards to aid troopers in roadside seizures of suspected drug-trafficking proceeds. blatantly stealing your money.

FTFY, you fuckers.

Law enforcement officials say that civil asset forfeiture is essential in disrupting drug trafficking operations.

My fucking ASS it is. It is blatant fucking THEFT. Explain how your fucking cop "wishlist" of cars is essential in disrupting drug trafficking, you fucking asshampers.

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2016, 23:23 Creston

NetHead wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 22:43:
Creston wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 19:43:
I've been thinking about buying a new rig, but don't really want to cough up $400 for a new GPU. I may just get a an RX 480 to put in my old one, and port my 970 to my new rig.

Curious why you would do that. The RX 480 should be better in every way compared to a 970, even in size unless it's a mini 970 (though there's every chance of mini 480's being released since the PCB is already so small).

Is it? Since they were saying it would be 70% worse than a 1080, I kind of figured it'd be at about the same level as a 970? I admit I really haven't seen any benchmarks.

If the RX 480 is better, I'll just plonk that in my main rig.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 9, 2016, 19:43 Creston

I've been thinking about buying a new rig, but don't really want to cough up $400 for a new GPU. I may just get a an RX 480 to put in my old one, and port my 970 to my new rig.

News Comments > Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend
1. Re: Wasteland 2: Director's Cut Free Weekend Jun 9, 2016, 19:36 Creston

Has the combat improved any in the Director's Cut? Anyone know. I focused more on combat skills versus usage skills in my playthrough, which meant by the time I went to California I had all combat skills at 10, and all usage skills at like 6-7. (and of course, EVERY.SINGLE.FUCKING.LOCK / safe / whatever in California is level 10+. Bullshit)

It made the combat in California such a boring slog. There was no tension in battle, as I knew I would win anyway, since my guys basically missed one shot in a thousand, but every battle had these absolute hordes of enemies, each with like 400 health. It got soooooooooooo BORING.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 9, 2016, 19:33 Creston

You mean that if you allow big corporations to have no competition, if you protect their de-facto monopolies with government regulations, and if you never, EVER take them to task over shit they promise and NEVER deliver, this kind of shit happens?

OMG BRAINSPLODE.

There is a very simple fucking solution to the horseshit perpetrated by Comcast, TWC, AT&T and their ilk:

Local Loop Unbundling.

Put that in place, and suddenly they WILL have competition, and shit WILL improve.

Of course, all you worthless cuntsack senators and congressfuckers don't want that, because then you lose all that sweet juicy bribe money.(oh, oh, I'm sorry... CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS.)

News Comments > The Division Perma-Bans
4. Re: The Division Perma-Bans Jun 9, 2016, 19:16 Creston

They say to date they have already taken action against over 30,000 accounts and have issued 3,800 permanent bans

So that's a little over 10%. That's not a terrifyingly optimistic number. If they took action against 30,000 accounts for cheating, they should hand out 30,000 bans, but then again, if they did that there'd probably be few people left playing.

we will now start applying permanent bans on first offense

Yeah you should have been doing that to begin with, especially in a game in which there's a PvP component. But hey, at least you saved a few bucks with your network model!

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
17. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 15:59 Creston

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 08:32:
Caladell wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 23:50:
I don't have the DLC's yet, and not sure when I'll end up getting them. Should they be completed after the main game? Or are they more like a go-ahead-and-do-it-whenever-you-want kind of thing?

Ditto. Would a new playthrough be encouraged at all with the DLC packs?

There's nothing stopping you, of course, but it's not necessary. You can easily play both DLCs with a Geralt who has already finished the main quest.

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
16. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 15:58 Creston

Caladell wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 23:50:
I don't have the DLC's yet, and not sure when I'll end up getting them. Should they be completed after the main game? Or are they more like a go-ahead-and-do-it-whenever-you-want kind of thing?

Heart of Stone can easily be done during the main game (though it's high level and you'll be near the end before you are powerful enough to tackle it anyways). In fact, one of the rewards that (SPOILER) Gaunter O'Dimm can give you is the answers to the choices you will face with Ciri.

I would advise doing Blood&Wine after the main W3 quest is over. Story-wise it just works much better even if mechanically there's nothing stopping you from flip-flopping. Also, things in Blood&Wine fairly quickly ramp up to level 40+ (or 70+ on NG+) and that's a level you'll likely not reach during W3 itself.

Warning, if you do both DLCs and then return for the W3 main quest, you will be so hideously overleveled it actually stops being funny.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
21. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 15:54 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 09:09:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 00:20:
Also, no interest in the Breach thing... I don't really understand why it's there.

A few reasons:

*[It's more content]*

*[People like digestible challenges to repeat and master.]*

*[It will likely force people to play a way they otherwise wouldn't and experience aspects of the game they otherwise wouldn't]*

*[Some of the devs had free time while other aspects of the game were polished and tweaked, and this gave them a way to keep busy and create valuable content while they waited on other parts.]*

And, of course, the REAL reason it's there:

So Marketing Could Have Another Check Mark On The Damn Box.

News Comments > On DOOM Multiplayer
26. Re: On DOOM Multiplayer Jun 9, 2016, 15:49 Creston

But John also just happens to be our internal lead programmer on SnapMap, so he's very busy."

Rubbish! Clearly the man can easily work 22 hour days!

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free DLC
7. Re: Cities: Skylines Free DLC Jun 9, 2016, 15:47 Creston

and comes with all of the benefits (NONE) and challenges (BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF TAX PAYER MONEY) of hosting major sporting events in their citizensí backyard.

The public stadium scam is one of the biggest fucking crimes in white collar history.

On topic, Yay Colossal Order / Paradox, and thank you for the free DLC

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 8, 2016, 22:53 Creston

*Obligatory*

"I didn't ask for this."

News Comments > TRON RUN/r Demo
9. Re: TRON RUN/r Demo Jun 8, 2016, 18:12 Creston

That looks truly godawful.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
20. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 17:49 Creston

siapnar wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:23:
Creston wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:02:
Not sure how good a weapon a billiard ball on a string is... Sure, it'd hurt, but it's not an incapacitation weapon.

The driving still looked pretty awful though...
A poll ball going 80kmph at your temple. Pretty good chance you'd die from that.

IF it hits your temple, sure. Pretty dang hard to aim that weapon though, so more likely you'd sock a guy in the face, and hurt him, or hit him in the shoulder, and make him go "ow" before he guts you with a knife.

Let's put it this way, there's a reason nobody is using that as an actual weapon.

11. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 15:03 Creston

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:42:
I suspect this will be like Prototype where they replaced the main character from the first one because people complained he wasn't likeable. Then the 2nd game had an even worse main character.

I don't think it's possible to get a worse character than that douchenozzle from Watch Dogs 1.

10. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 15:02 Creston

Looks good. I'm excited. I'll wait for some good word of mouth, but I can see myself playing this. The city looks great, and I think the main character and the dedsec angle is pretty interesting. I like his two drones, should be fun for some cool viewpoints if nothing else. Not sure how good a weapon a billiard ball on a string is... Sure, it'd hurt, but it's not an incapacitation weapon.

The driving still looked pretty awful though...

Here's hoping it'll be great!

27450 Comments. 1373 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo