Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30624 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record
8. Re: Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record Jun 27, 2018, 15:57 Creston

Jesus Christ. And here we're all sitting wondering why nobody makes normal games anymore, and everybody wants to humpfuck the mtx gravy-train.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit
12. Re: PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit Jun 27, 2018, 15:55 Creston

Slick wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 11:26:
pub(g)licity

I like it! Golfclap

News Comments > PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit
11. Re: PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit Jun 27, 2018, 15:54 Creston

There is no explanation of why the suit was ended

Because it was a horseshit lawsuit?
Because Epic was just going to countersue them over the battlepass thing?
Because, for one brief moment, sanity reigned in the universe?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 25, 2018, 23:53 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 21:09:
Plus I know that sooner or later one of the hot russian honeys I'm in touch with will be at the baggage carousel and we will live happily ever after.

I actually know a guy who, out of the blue, suddenly had a Ukrainian wife (who spoke hardly any English when we first met her after they were married.)

They're still married and seem super happy together, so it worked out great for them, but we keep always going "hmmm... UkrainianBrides.ukr?"

News Comments > Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer Jun 25, 2018, 23:51 Creston

The engine looks beautiful and it looks like it would be a fun place to explore. But I loathe PvP, and since they insist on forcing it down people's throats, it looks like I will have to skip it.

At least Bethesda decided to make more than five monsters for a game, for a change. I think Witcher 3 had more monsters in it than every Bethesda game combined.

News Comments > Life is Strange 2 in September
5. Re: Life is Strange 2 in September Jun 24, 2018, 10:56 Creston

Nucas wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 00:04:
LIS really made the format work, though i admit i didn't play it until all the episodes were released and probably won't bother here as well.

I think the episodic part of it actually works well for this kind of story, since there is a LOT of replay value because of how wildly different things can turn out based on your decisions. Having 6 weeks between episodes gives you time to fully explore what all can happen, which is probably not something people would do (much) if they get everything all at once.

Anyone know if Ashley Burch is reprising her role now that the strike is over?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 10:54 Creston

That's a funny goose video. Damn that thing has a lot of courage. I mean, they're cows, but still. That cow is like twenty times larger than itself.

We have a bunch of geese at work, pieces of shit, they've attacked people, shit all over the sidewalk right near the doors etc. One guy at work, who I shit you not is a genuine martial arts instructor, got attacked by one of them one day, and he just front kicked it straight in the beak. Not hard or anything, just to get it to back the fuck off. It was pretty funny.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: hot dog water Jun 24, 2018, 10:49 Creston

Rectal Prolapse wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 16:17:
It's been years and years since I've had hot dog water. Anyone know a decent recipe?

Sure:

1) Take a pan of plain water.
2) Dump ten hot dogs in it.
3) Boil for ~ 8 minutes.
4) Remove and discard hot dogs.

Drink hot or wait for it to cool off as desired.

Enjoy!

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jun 24, 2018, 10:40 Creston

"We just need 1.2 billion more, and THEN you'll get a return on your investment! Promise!*"

* We crossed our fingers. We didn't really promise this.

Rolleyes

To maintain our growth and continue to fundamentally transform the movie industry to the point where we are big enough that we can extort an existing 100+ year old business, for the benefit of the entire movie ecosystem us, we will continue to incur a significant monthly cash deficit, until or unless we achieve positive cash flow or profitability, of which there is no assurance because

A) We really have no fucking clue what we're doing
B) we really aren't guaranteed that our extortion business is going to work at all.

But just give us more money.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 23, 2018, 22:59 Creston

:Big Fat Fucking Middle Finger:

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 23, 2018, 22:58 Creston

Oh, good. I was just thinking, WHAT IS IT that the game industry is missing? I know, a Call of Duty World League!

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
12. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 23, 2018, 22:56 Creston

In 2013 the corporation purportedly bought a few Star Control assets at a bankruptcy auction

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not how it went? I'm pretty sure they bought all but one or two specific things from Star Control, including the actual license to the name. IIRC, the only things they didn't get were the characters and the race names.

they seek to establish "The Frungy Defense Fund" to pay the legal fees in this battle, which they say will total around two million dollars

It sounds to me like you guys are just trying to scam people out of two million dollars.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans?
14. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Plans? Jun 23, 2018, 00:11 Creston

Jagacademy wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 12:23:
I never understood whatsoever why they didn't release the first on PC.

Because they make a fortune on the double-dippers, and they're worried about piracy.

It really doesn't seem that complicated. If they announce a (much better) PC version for six months down the road, PC players will just wait for that, rather than get a PS4/bone version first.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 22, 2018, 10:48 Creston

Awww, poor Koko.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2018, 10:43 Creston

And thus we see that even the Democrats, for all their pretense, simply cave when written a big enough check by their corporate whore-masters.

We need to get rid of both these shit-ass parties.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 22, 2018, 10:42 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 03:09:
Forcibly tearing breastfeeding infants from their mothers: GOVERNMENT POLICY

Well, that gets Danolf Trumpler hard.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 22, 2018, 00:31 Creston

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 18:09:
Creston wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 15:38:
I mean, when was the last time a GOOD Alien movie came out? I'm pretty sure it was 1986.

I maintain that Alien 3 was a genuinely good movie. It just wasn't at all what the fans of Aliens wanted. Had it been released as its own movie independent from the Alien franchise, it very likely would have had the kind of sci-fi cult following that attached to movies like Pitch Black. It was a David Fincher (Fight Club, Zodiac, Gone Girl, etc.) film after all.

Fair enough. I thought it was pretty boring, just the first one in a different location. Even so, that still leaves like 26 years since the last good Alien movie.

Maybe Disney won't do anything with them, or will fuck it up just as badly as Fox, but it really can't possibly be worse.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 22, 2018, 00:27 Creston

Doxing anyone else is fine, BUT DON'T DO IT TO THE GOVERNMENT  

News Comments > Into the Black
22. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2018, 16:28 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 11:35:
Creston wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 08:56:
Yeah, clearly $350 million box office for Solo, released in the summer schedule, was just TERRIBLE. Rolleyes

The movie cost $250m to make, with an additional $100m in advertising, so that's break even. Not what you want from a summer blockbuster.

What I meant was, they've released every other Star Wars movie in the winter. This one goes into the busy slot, six months after the Last Jedi, and suddenly they're like "Why isn't everyone going to see Star Wars again?!"

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 21, 2018, 15:38 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 21, 2018, 09:59:
I think it would be better if Disney didn't get Alien nor Predator. 2 franchises they will UTTERLY fuck up. And the only 2 Fox franchises I give 2 ct about. I can already see it, Alien the musical. Alien kid friendly movies, predator plush toys. That's Disney in a nutshell. They ruined Star Wars and now they will ruin Alien and Predator.

Because they weren't... already... ruined? I mean, when was the last time a GOOD Alien movie came out? I'm pretty sure it was 1986.

And again, Comcast wouldn't do any better with it.

30624 Comments. 1532 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo