Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29928 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2017, 09:44 Creston

Holy shit, Blue. Time to call a lawyer, methinks.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Dec 17, 2017, 17:26 Creston

Indeed, Tasha Keeney, an analyst at ARK Invest, is even more optimistic, telling CNN that the autonomous taxi market could be worth as much as $10 trillion by 2030.

LOL. Yes, all because of all that data! Because there is nothing more valuable than 2TB of data of "Person A drove to work today. Person B drove to work today. Person C drove to work today. Person D did not drive to work today."

Unbelievable. Nowadays, if something generates data, it MUST be valuable! No, actually, it isn't. It's just data, and unless there is something worthwhile (meaning against the norm, or indicative of a new trend) in that data, it's just NOISE.

I mean, I could generate 140PB of data every day by saying that ~6.9 billion people put on clothes today, but it's really not very valuable, is it?

Sure, if someone is going to the mall, I can see targeted advertisements being valuable, but 99% of these car trips are going to be PEOPLE GOING TO WORK. It's gonna be hard to target that.

Still, it is my biggest worry: self driving cars coming with endless fucking advertisements that you can't turn off, like that terrifying Black Mirror episode. Then again, I'll be the last guy to get one. The government will have to rip the steering wheel from my fucking hands.

Also, heh, 2030. Good luck with that. Despite what all the sociopaths in Silicon Valley and the car manufacturers would like you to believe, autonomous vehicles are nowhere NEAR level 4, much less level 5, which is what we all envision when we say autonomous driving.

I'm sure there will be self-driving, level 5 cars in 2030, but this idea that they will have already conquered the market and everyone is in one is insane.

For one, they are going to be expensive as hell. All that tech costs money. Metric shit tons of it. A level 5 self driving car is estimated to cost ~ 10K - 15K dollars more than a current regular one. So while the 1 percent can afford them, the 1 percent doesn't do most of the driving on our roads.

But probably more importantly, currently Most Americans don't trust self-driving cars.

And while that will slowly change once they become available and more reports of how safe they are start filtering down, Americans aren't going to change their mind en masse in a little over ten years.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2017, 17:37.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 17, 2017, 17:16 Creston

They are billions LOL

Scroll to the end of the video, and then watch just how fucking MANY zombies attack him. It's literally like ten thousand of them. He keeps going "How do I stop this??" and I'm pretty sure the answer is "you don't."

This game BADLY needs AoE defenses/attacks. Having to kill 10000 zombies one at a time is impossible. Those Minigun turrets are probably wasting 95% of their damage per shot. Why aren't they simply rotating and mowing down entire ROWS of zombies?

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 17, 2017, 15:13 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2017, 13:14:
"They Are Billions" looks pretty awesome. I'll be picking that up

Been looking at that just now, it does look cool.

Edit: Watched a few videos of it on Youtube from SplatterCat, I'm beginning to think this game would drive me nuts. You're fighting zombies, but every one of those zombies seems smarter than freaking Ender. He told a story how he had an entire wall of ballistas, and one of the walljumper zombies found a 2 square wide blind spot in between them, and ran through that entire blind lane straight into his city and wiped them.

That's ridiculous. They're fucking ZOMBIES.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2017, 15:58.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 17, 2017, 14:54 Creston

Funny enough, I only just recently became aware of Okami (through a Miracle of Sound song.) It looked pretty interesting, but I was trying to figure out what to play it on, and then they released the new HD version. Sweeeet

News Comments > Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support
2. Re: Eidos-Montréal on Single-player and Multiplayer Support Dec 17, 2017, 14:53 Creston

Yay, more focus on online shit... :\

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Montana Video
18. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 16, 2017, 13:05 Creston

4 was pretty awesome, though I didn't like the map as much as I did 3's. But story-wise, 4 was substantially better than 3, but that was because the idiot who wrote 3 tried to pretend that he was just providing a scathing rebuke of videogames, when in reality he just really wrote an absolutely terrible story.

Even so, I enjoy FC's gameplay and this setting looks cool. I don't have a problem with a satirized version of right-wing America there for me to mow down.

I do agree that graphically it does look significantly worse than what they initially showed at E3. This is PS4 though, from the looks of it, so hopefully the PC can boost the graphical quality quite a bit.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 16, 2017, 12:50 Creston

Excellent article about Silicon Valley.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 16, 2017, 12:27 Creston

“If you keep the device by your body you will exceed the safety limits provided by the FCC... However, the agency requires cell phone manufacturers to ensure all phones comply with “objective limits for safe exposure.”"

Don't worry, fellas, Ajit Pai is ON IT! Those rules will soon be history, because it's 'too onerous' for a 50 billion dollar corporation to have to post or comply with a few minor regulations.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 16, 2017, 12:26 Creston

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2017, 10:39:
It only proves just how stupid your average Canadian is because unlike the US there are actually viable choices here besides the Libs and Cons. They're simply too dumb to choose them.

That's pretty damn sad, actually... :\

News Comments > Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions
6. Re: Obsidian Denounces Loot Boxes and Microtransactions Dec 16, 2017, 12:24 Creston

Huzzah!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 15, 2017, 16:54 Creston

Sure they could. I mean, everybody COULD cut these vital cables.

Why would they? They'd hurt themselves as much as everyone else, and their economical situation is far more precarious than (most) everyone else.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 15, 2017, 16:51 Creston

"That's why we put them in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided."

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Montana Video
1. Re: Far Cry 5 Montana Video Dec 15, 2017, 16:47 Creston

I'm down. I love Far Cry, and Montana looks awesome.

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Dec 14, 2017, 22:07 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 18:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 05:16:
NKD wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 03:18:
Wahaha did he really use crowdfunding money to buy his wife tits? That's funny. I recall seeing her in a video a while back and she didn't have much going on in that department.

Even if it may not be true, I like to think it is because that would sum this project up so nicely....
Nah, if she paid $25000 for CG renderings of her new boobs with a promise from the surgeon that he'd have them molded and ready for insertion in 2025.

Don't give CR any ideas. If he starts selling pictures of tits that will show up in game, all the pathetic imbecile nerds who keep buying pictures of starships will give him so much money it'll ruin the entire world's economic system.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
19. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 14, 2017, 22:01 Creston

NicklePop wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 21:24:
allow the free market (which is proven since 1300) to create innovation and wealth for the entire population.

Except, by and large, it has pretty much stopped doing that since the 80s. You know, wages having stagnated, the poor getting poorer, the middle class systematically being wiped out and the rich just getting astronomically richer. Fortunately they are now getting another huge tax break, because they had it really rough.

I mean, sure, some people make huge breakthroughs, and good for them. But this belief that trickle down economics makes everyone's life better is a FUCKING LIE, and FUCK the current GOP for shoving it up everyone's ass again.

Some thing will rise and kill price gauging by offering a cheaper alternative.

Except, of course, that nothing CAN rise to offer a cheaper alternative, because our wonderful ISPs lobbied against Last-Mile-Unbundling which would have actually made it possible for cheaper ISPs to come along, and it's absurdly cost-prohibitive to build out completely new infrastructure.

Couple that with the fact that the ISPs refuse to compete against one another, and are in fact working to just become one giant corporation that controls everything, AND that many states have FUCKING LAWS in place to prohibit towns and municipalities from providing internet service themselves, all because our whore senators and congressmen allows themselves to be bribed for a fucking lollypop and an AT&T coffee mug, and I think you may begin to see that the "Free market" in the US internet sphere is an illusion and will NOT, in fact, come to anyone's rescue, no matter how much that fucking chunk of asscancer, Ajit Pai, says it will.

I guess I semi-agree with it LOL

I hope you'll still find it so funny when your ISP of No-Choice slows your access to something you find interesting to a fucking crawl, unless you buy another "website pass" for xx amount of dollars per month.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
17. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 14, 2017, 15:15 Creston

Scheherazade wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 11:55:
Battle Royale is a Japanese movie.

It's the movie that "Hunger Games" was based on.

PUBG ripped the same movie.

Take a look :
https://imgur.com/a/Xj2tO

-scheherazade

In games, buddy. In games. He made the first Battle Royale mod.

Otherwise we can keep drawing everything back until we end up at the Odyssey every single time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Well, there goes the internet Dec 14, 2017, 13:45 Creston

I'm sorry, the "Make-AT&T-Rich-Net". Feel free to replace AT&T with your own shitty ISP who now have NOTHING to stop them from absolutely fucking raping you over and over and over again.

If only we didn't have such utter imbeciles in this...

( Comment redacted. If you would like to read this entire comment, please call 1-800-MO-MONEYS and upgrade to the See Entire Comments Package for a mere $14,99 a month.(*) )

(*) Does not include fees such as... oh wait, we forgot, we don't have to tell you all these hidden bullshit fees anymore, because it was TOO ONEROUS FOR US TO DO SO. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Even we couldn't believe that shit. Ajit Pai cracks us the fuck up.

In any case, your bill will really increase by about 47 dollars a month. For now. This promotion will end at our whim, at which point you will pay 96 dollars a month. Or more. You know, whatever.

But let's be honest, what are you going to do about it? Switch to a different provider? YOU CAN'T! THERE ARE NO DIFFERENT PROVIDERS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Eat shit and die (just know we won't cancel your account, and we'll bill your destitute family double),
Your ISP.

7. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 14, 2017, 11:22 Creston

Scheherazade wrote on Dec 14, 2017, 10:54:
The PUBG irony is next level.

Another DayZ (not a pubg dev property) gameplay clone skinned with a Battle Royale (not a pubg property) theme, complaining about copy cats.

L. O. L.

-scheherazade

I take it you're not aware the guy actually MADE the Battle Royale theme. So he has some legitimacy here. Even so, he still just comes off as a whiner.

6. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 14, 2017, 11:20 Creston

PubG creator says "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

You sold 25 million copies. Shut the fuck up.

"Look at movies, Armageddon came out then 20 other comet disaster films came soon after," Brendan Greene explains.

Errr, Deep Impact came out, followed by Armageddon a few months later. They were both in production at the same time, two teams having come up with the same idea after a news cycle in which we all worried about some giant asteroid killing us all.

That was pretty much the end of it. But nice example there, buddy.

29928 Comments. 1497 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo