Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30617 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
23. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 19:27 Creston

Prez wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 18:56:
Well to be fair it was still better than the Anthem presentation at E3.

Haha, true. It's funny, several interviews I read about it the reviewer goes "You know, the stuff you showed us behind closed doors was so much more impressive than the weak-ass trailer you showed to the fans, why didn't you show more of the cool stuff?!"

And Bioware/EA stooges got all huffy and defensive. "Well, people are going to just jump to assumptions about our game anyways! Hmph!"

Well, duh, you fucking morons. The trailer you showed was still just meh as shit, and everyone is wondering what the big fucking deal is, and why Mass Effect got murdered for your shitty pew pew pew Destiny With Jetpacks shooter. If you had something better to show, WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOW IT??

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 19:24 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 18:19:
Where is "theyarecomingforyou" and what have you done with him. It's the pants, isn't it.

I mean, those are some fucking AWESOME pants.

News Comments > The Crew 2 Launches
12. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 19:21 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 16:29:
For racing fans:

https://youtu.be/PQmSUHhP3ug

Porsche outdid it's previous 1980s record on Nürburgring by over 50 seconds. Dash footage with digital readouts.

Saw that earlier today. I literally alternated between laughing out loud and going WTF... AAAAAHHH throughout the whole thing. The speed is insane. It's like playing a racing game and using a X2 speed cheat.

I watch a lot of production cars do laps around the Ring, and the speed difference between those and the Porsche is just absurd. Few of them make 200mph at the end of the straight, and he did it at parts of the circuit where it should just be fucking IMPOSSIBLE to go 200mph!

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Jun 29, 2018, 14:35 Creston

Aw man. RIP, Harlan.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2018, 14:33 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 12:24:
Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 12:15:
Beamer wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:00:
Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 10:47:
The whole Toys R Us debacle should be evidence enough that we need to outlaw the utter fucking horseshit that is VC.

PE, not VC.

It was venture capitalists that ruined Toys R Us, wasn't it?

Private equity. I'm sure to many it comes across like splitting hairs, but VCs are investing in startups - companies with little history but high potential. PEs are investing in mature companies - companies with long histories that PE firms think have either been managed poorly or just have some inefficiency that can be correct

Think the finance people in Silicon Valley vs the guy from The Profit. Both can be evil (though I kind of love the guy from The Profit), but not necessarily. And their evil comes in different ways. And PE tends to be evil far, far more often. VCs are evil in how they turn things for their own portfolio, PEs evil in that they often structure the acquisition in a way that they're guaranteed millions at the expense of the company having a lower chance of survival.

Thanks for explaining that. So yeah, we need to fucking kill both, but PE first. Toys R Us was doing fine, basically. Then PE came, forced them to take on massive amounts of debt, and now 50000 people are out of a job, all so a few fucking pieces of shit could get richer.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2018, 12:15 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:00:
Creston wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 10:47:
The whole Toys R Us debacle should be evidence enough that we need to outlaw the utter fucking horseshit that is VC.

PE, not VC.

It was venture capitalists that ruined Toys R Us, wasn't it?

6. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 12:14 Creston

Darks wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 11:03:
I heard that the game is pretty boring, its really all about buying new cars and even that doesn't keep the interest levels up.

Well, the first one was kind of about that too, but at least the map was awesome, and it was fun to drive these cars around in the map. But for whatever reason they made the map LESS interesting this time around because they put fewer things to discover in it. WTF? How do you not double down on the most awesome thing from the first game??

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2018, 10:47 Creston

1. Re: The Crew 2 Launches Jun 29, 2018, 10:38 Creston

- Worse map than before
- Still overly arcadey physics
- Even worse rubber banding.

Welp, there goes my interest.

GTA Online has this stuff figured out, so why doesn’t an online-focused driving game that costs $60? Ubisoft says a December update will add PvP, but it’s bewildering that they didn’t launch the game with such basic multiplayer functionality.

DECEMBER! It's fucking JUNE, Ubisoft! "Hey, don't worry, we'll sort of make this into an actual game in six months or so."

Fuck these assholes.

1. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 10:33 Creston

Before you get excited, other than the logo there is literally nothing of SQ42 in here.

Few thoughts:

- The whole thing just seems like a giant programmer circle jerk about what new cool tech they can come up with. "Look at the way the hand holds the can! That's so amazing!"

Yes. Yes, it is. It's also completely fucking pointless to be spending as much time on that as you guys seem to be doing. The animations weren't great before, so hey, let's just redo them! They have an old vs new comparison video, and I'm really hard pressed to see any difference, but they're acting like they went from NES level Mario to Last of Us 2 in animation. This is literally the world's biggest "Keep guys employed for doing very little" community funding gig.

- God that engine is an unoptimized piece of shit. They have an FPS counter going when the marine is walking through literally an empty room with no textures etc, and it's barely breaking 40fps. :\

Hey at least that opening space shot looked gorgeous.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 28, 2018, 12:33 Creston

Not gonna lie, very, very excited for this. I fookin' LOVE Dying Light!

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 28, 2018, 00:20 Creston

ZERO uncertainty is acceptable for autonomous vehicles. You want me to trust my life to GM's lowest fucking software bidder? It better come with an iron clad 10 million dollar life insurance policy.

News Comments > More on Esports and the Olympics
5. Re: More on Esports and the Olympics Jun 27, 2018, 17:35 Creston

Up next, Darts, Pool and Chess! To be closely followed by Poker.

Rolleyes

News Comments > Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record
8. Re: Fortnite Sets Monthly F2P Sales Record Jun 27, 2018, 15:57 Creston

Jesus Christ. And here we're all sitting wondering why nobody makes normal games anymore, and everybody wants to humpfuck the mtx gravy-train.  

News Comments > PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit
12. Re: PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit Jun 27, 2018, 15:55 Creston

Slick wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 11:26:
pub(g)licity

I like it! Golfclap

News Comments > PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit
11. Re: PUBG Drops Fortnite Lawsuit Jun 27, 2018, 15:54 Creston

There is no explanation of why the suit was ended

Because it was a horseshit lawsuit?
Because Epic was just going to countersue them over the battlepass thing?
Because, for one brief moment, sanity reigned in the universe?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 25, 2018, 23:53 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 25, 2018, 21:09:
Plus I know that sooner or later one of the hot russian honeys I'm in touch with will be at the baggage carousel and we will live happily ever after.

I actually know a guy who, out of the blue, suddenly had a Ukrainian wife (who spoke hardly any English when we first met her after they were married.)

They're still married and seem super happy together, so it worked out great for them, but we keep always going "hmmm... UkrainianBrides.ukr?"

News Comments > Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Fallout 76 Gameplay Trailer Jun 25, 2018, 23:51 Creston

The engine looks beautiful and it looks like it would be a fun place to explore. But I loathe PvP, and since they insist on forcing it down people's throats, it looks like I will have to skip it.

At least Bethesda decided to make more than five monsters for a game, for a change. I think Witcher 3 had more monsters in it than every Bethesda game combined.

News Comments > Life is Strange 2 in September
5. Re: Life is Strange 2 in September Jun 24, 2018, 10:56 Creston

Nucas wrote on Jun 24, 2018, 00:04:
LIS really made the format work, though i admit i didn't play it until all the episodes were released and probably won't bother here as well.

I think the episodic part of it actually works well for this kind of story, since there is a LOT of replay value because of how wildly different things can turn out based on your decisions. Having 6 weeks between episodes gives you time to fully explore what all can happen, which is probably not something people would do (much) if they get everything all at once.

Anyone know if Ashley Burch is reprising her role now that the strike is over?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2018, 10:54 Creston

That's a funny goose video. Damn that thing has a lot of courage. I mean, they're cows, but still. That cow is like twenty times larger than itself.

We have a bunch of geese at work, pieces of shit, they've attacked people, shit all over the sidewalk right near the doors etc. One guy at work, who I shit you not is a genuine martial arts instructor, got attacked by one of them one day, and he just front kicked it straight in the beak. Not hard or anything, just to get it to back the fuck off. It was pretty funny.

30617 Comments. 1531 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo