Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28614 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
29. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 08:47 Creston

bigspender wrote on May 11, 2017, 03:31:
Why would you put the whole series on hold?

Because Edmonton is working on their new IP which is now scheduled for FY 2019. So the series has to go on hold and wait for that to finish before Edmonton can do another ME game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 23:27 Creston

SlimRam wrote on May 10, 2017, 23:21:
I JUST actually finished the game on PC and being a HUGE Mass Effect fan my opinion will likely be biased buuuuut, ahem;

I just finished the quest where you go onto the Archon's ship to find some relic that Moshae Whatsja sends you to find. How far away from the end am I?

I keep thinking I'll go back and finish it, but then I just go "Hmm, just a few mp matches" and ten matches later I just go to bed.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched May 10, 2017, 23:23 Creston

I like the changes in mp so far. Outcasts have definitely been revamped, they're taking down people left and right in silver diff, whereas before that was pretty rare. Still think sharpshooters are TOO good now, and the Saboteur and Anarchist are borderline harsh.

They say they didn't make changes to remnant, but Observer shields seem weaker. Didn't get Kett in the random draw.

Biotic combos are definitely significantly more powerful. My Asari Adept is now killing most mooks with a single pistol shot and a combo, whereas before it'd take 3 shots and a combo.

Saw an Infiltrator with a Thokin assault rifle, and he was laying waste to entire fields of shit, so that DEFINITELY got buffed nicely.

Cool!! Thumbsup

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 21:50 Creston

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2017, 14:25:
After a game a like Witcher 3 you see just how far Bioware has fallen with scheisse like Inquis, MEA, etc.

Well, to be fair, everything would fall short against The Witcher 3. It's just that amazing.

The thing is, I've been playing Fallout 4 again, and the writing in Andromeda is so bad that it makes the writing in Fallout 4 look fucking great in comparison.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 10, 2017, 21:44 Creston

FUCK YOU HOMELAND SECURITY YOU USELESS FUCKING COCKSUCKERS

IF YOU CAN'T FUCKING FIND A BOMB IN A LAPTOP ANYWAY WHY DO I HAVE TO GET FUCKING STRIP SEARCHED BY THE FUCKING TSA?????

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
2. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched May 10, 2017, 21:40 Creston

It's already playable, easily in fact, but I do agree that everyone and their moms took Vanquishers on Gold.

Not happy about the buffs to sharpshooters, as they're already murder from literally across the level. Not sure why they felt that needed to be done. Reducing Kett strength is good (nobody plays them on Gold, basically), but they're ignoring the prime reason WHY nobody plays Kett, which is the bullshit Ascendant.

I get it, it's the toughest level monster in the faction. But it's IMMUNE to all damage until you take out its shield, and the only way to take out its shield is to hit a tiny fucking orb that circles around it. It's small enough that any non-pinpoint accuracy weapon is useless against it. It seems mostly impervious to biotic and tech powers. So the only way to take it down is to have a high damage, high RoF assault rifle, or a sniper.

Then, when it shield FINALLY goes down, on Gold it puts it back up in like 2 seconds. And you have to do all this while being fucking jackhammered from every side by all the other mooks.

Basically, on Gold, you have to hope you have a Turian with a Revenant in your team, or a really good, heavy-hitting sniper if you go up against Ascendants.

That's not even talking about the fact he will sync-kill you through walls, through floors, whatever. He will literally suck you through a roof to the floor below to sync kill you. This, combined with the small levels, means a Hack objective on Gold will very quickly turn almost impossible, as two Ascendants will park their asses on the hack circle, and you're just screwed.

And then there's the Fiend, who just sync kills everyone as soon as they come within 3 feet. At least they fixed that a little.

Glad the powers got a boost, they did always feel pretty puny on Gold. Not that it really mattered since I melee everything, but still.

All in all, I'm surprised they went the "Let's buff all the weak shit" route. In ME3, all they EVER did was just nerf the shit out of everything that was fun, until every single gun felt like a fucking squirt bottle.

1. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 10, 2017, 21:26 Creston

Andromeda was simply a mistake. Own up to it, leave it a stand-alone game, return to the Milky Way, and return to what made ME great.

From Kotaku's article, it seems Montreal is basically turned into a support studio, who can no longer lead games. By that reasoning, since one team at Bioware is working on the next Dragon Age, it seems to follow that the other team is working on this project Dylan that's being talked about, and Mass Effect will essentially have to wait until either the DA or Dylan team is available to work on the next ME.

Speculation, of course, but it would make sense.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 14:00 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 10, 2017, 11:16:
They're not making this for a majority of current xbox or ps owners though. It's for people who have enough expendable income or the impulse to always own the latest and greatest.

I dunno. The rumor mill is going that Sony is basically breaking even on the Pro, and that Scorpio costs MS ~ 500 dollars to make. So I doubt they're doing it to catch the whales who buy everything. If you wanted to do that, you'd release Pro/Scorpio at $1000+, like Nvidia does with the Titan series.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization May 10, 2017, 10:55 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 10, 2017, 10:06:
Not sides, they're still metal.

Technically you are correct, yes. There is a strip of about .1 inch of metal. Both the front and back glass curve around the sides, however and take up the large chunk of the side real estate.

But yes, the front and back are encased in glass, just like the S7, S7 Edge, and even S6. Those didn't break any more than any other phone.

I was going to say "No they didn't, mine didn't", but I forgot I had an S7 Active, not a regular S7. Comparing my S8 to a colleague's S7, there is more glass on the S8, but not massively so. However, the S7 does break a lot. I've had plenty of repairs come in...

6. Re: Evening Mobilization May 10, 2017, 10:45 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on May 10, 2017, 09:58:
Incase phone in fragile glass, isn't that beautiful.

Buy MANDATORY ugly rubber box to protect it.

Yep, basically. Without a case, this is a $300 repair bill waiting to happen.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 10:43 Creston

It was stupid of them to focus on 4K anyway. Like 12% of the market has a 4K TV. They should have gone with "look at how freaking AMAZING games look on the PS4 pro/Scorpio at 1080P" and just turned on every single possible bell and whistle while running at a rock solid 60fps.

Nope. Instead make the games run shitty at upscaled 4K. Brilliant.

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Fallen Faction Details
2. Re: Endless Space 2 Fallen Faction Details May 10, 2017, 10:41 Creston

The idea for this faction is really cool, but wouldn't they get stuck in a single solar system?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 10:25 Creston

“new multiplayer content is continuing to be released and new content arriving overall more regularly

Ehm, what? Where is this new multiplayer content of yours that's supposedly being released? Because we still have the same maps, the same rotating four weekend missions (For which everyone has already received the rewards so they've now become completely freaking pointless), and the same characters.

Where are the new maps? The new weapons? The new classes? New enemies? Higher difficulties? (The way people are cutting through Gold right now is incredible. In ME3, only like 13% of gold matches were successful. I have yet to fail in a gold mission in Andromeda. Admittedly not because I'm that great at it, but there are players out there to whom Gold just seems like it's bronze.)

It took ME3 a while to get to that level, of course, but it's been a HUGE step back to go from ~ 20 maps and God knows how many classes to the limited pool of stuff we have now. Of course, re-releasing the same thing but without all the extras that it used to have before is the #1 M.O. of EA, so I don't even know why it would be so surprising.

In any case, stop lying to your investors (isn't that illegal??) and actually release something.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 10, 2017, 10:20 Creston

Console owners not interested in tech arms race? Whodathunkit?

Maybe because if you're going to be spending 500 bucks every two years for the latest greatest new console, you might as well be buying a PC and upgrading it?

3. Re: Evening Mobilization May 10, 2017, 08:59 Creston

Every phone will go to a full glass front, as that's "the new thing."

The problem with the S8 is that the ENTIRE phone is covered in glass. Front, sides and back.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 9, 2017, 21:42 Creston

Yep. I got one from work, and it DEFINITELY needs a good, strong case if you're at all prone to dropping phones.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak?
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak? May 9, 2017, 21:37 Creston

? I read about it being set in Egypt and saw screenshots somewhere a few weeks ago. Not sure why Eurogamer thinks it's massive news.

In any case, Egypt could be very cool. Apparently there's very little Assassins vs Templars around either. Maybe they'll finally ditch the BS modern world crap too.

News Comments > New BioWare IP Delayed
3. Re: New BioWare IP Delayed May 9, 2017, 21:36 Creston

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Wake me when you guys go back to making actually great games.

News Comments > Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs
13. Re: Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs May 9, 2017, 11:44 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on May 8, 2017, 20:08:
Creston wrote on May 8, 2017, 10:32:
I may reinstall just to drive with those double-trailers. Because it seems absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to reverse a rig like that...

I deal with quite a few trailers at Amazon, and I've yet to see someone try to back one up.

I've seen a few drivers have some marginal success with it, but typically it's a "line everything up right, then drive backwards very, very carefully, and reset about every 10 feet."

News Comments > Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released
1. Re: Stellaris Turns One: Digital Anniversary Edition and Free Portrait Pack Released May 9, 2017, 11:36 Creston

To celebrate, they announce a Digital Anniversary Edition of the game which bundles the game and its three expansions.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Been holding off on buying it because there was no bundled version.

Edit : Oh, it's literally just buying all the individual packs at once and paying the same price. Eh.

28614 Comments. 1431 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo