Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27479 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
27. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 23, 2016, 23:34 Creston

Five years (?) after Gaikai and OnLive tried to foist their shitty service off on PC gamers and we basically all said "take your shit elsewhere", Sony tries to foist literally the exact same shit off on us under the name PlayStation Now.

Rejoice, all ye PC brethren?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2016, 23:30 Creston

Thiel is just one of the first. There are plenty of billionaires who hold grudges. This should be an extremely worrisome situation for everyone, but apparently as long as it's done to a "shitty blog", few people care.

It's the same kind of thinking the FBI and the government keep exploiting the shit out of in their efforts to completely nullify the Constitution.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
57. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 23:28 Creston

Played for about four hours, I'm still in the very first part of Prague, still discovering new things in an area the size of 1/3 of Detroit. I don't think longevity is really going to be a problem.

53. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 20:39 Creston

Benchmark results:

Avg: 52.6
Min: 43.1
Max: 62.8

52. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 20:31 Creston

First impressions:

- Mouse Acceleration out the ass. Argh. Turning sensitivity to ~ 38% seemed to be a decent sweet spot, I saw a post by an Eidos community rep that they are looking into it. Probably something they forgot to turn off again.

- For me it runs buttery smooth. Settings, basically all High or one better, no MSAA. I turned off Depth of View and Motion Blur because those are fucking godawful effects that I wish would just die a horrible death already. Also turned off the sharpen filter and Chromatic Blur. Haven't benchmarked yet, let me try that and post results later, but everything feels smooth like silk on these settings, i-2500, GTX970 and 8GB of ram. It seems like the newer generation cards are having issues whereas mine fortunately seems to be running great. Game looks great at these settings, although textures could be a bit sharper (there are 2 more texture settings above this one, I'll try it out later with a higher one).

- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ass cutscenes. Holy fuck. I wish I'd have been given agency in some of those cutscenes, it would have made the whole thing far more powerful, but oh well.

- Animations in general seem to have gotten a bit more stiff. Not all of them, some are really nice and fluid, but others look worse when compared to its five year old predecessor. Not sure what the hell that is about.

- Takedown options have GREATLY improved. Take guys down over obstacles, around obstacles, all works very smoothly. This makes playing a non-lethal playthrough a lot less finicky.

- Similarly, if people on the first floor can now see a dude on the 2nd floor and you take the dude on the 2nd floor down, the peeps on the 1st floor will go into alarm mode. This is much more realistic, and makes it definitely tougher to go from guy to guy taking them out. Several times I had to make use of a strategically thrown object to lure a guard out of his patrol zone in order to be able to take him out, which is good. I basically never had to do that in HR.

- While I appreciate the level of precision the new sneak system gives, it is very distracting. I wish there was a way to turn it off...

- Can't really judge on the story so far, I just made it to Prague. Voice acting is good, however.

- Faces look pretty bad. Not Fallout 4 levels of horror, but bad anyway. I thought Jensen looked better in HR...

- Music is top notch. WOOT MICHAEL MCCANN!!

Very much enjoying it so far.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 15:06 Creston

GFX card heat could cause a reset, but only if its causing your motherboard to overheat as well. There's nothing in and of itself that would cause the card overheating to cause your entire system to reboot.

I'd be more tempted to point to your PSU as the culprit. If your card is running near top capacity, and thus pulling max TPD, your PSU overloads and resets.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 13:44 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 12:38:
Got nothing to do with NBC, IOC forbids replaying full events after they are concluded, you gotta pirate them. And yes, that is retarded as fuck.

It's also not true. I still had a TV subscription in 2012 and watched old events all throughout those two weeks on nbcolympics. Furthermore, NBC typically repeats almost all of its daily coverage after 12am.

The IOC is objectively terrible, but this is purely desperate cablecoms trying to maintain their dead and buried business model.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 13:40 Creston

Nimh wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 13:19:
Didn't school start last week?

Yup. That's probably the biggest chunk of it right there.

32. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 13:38 Creston

Fion wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 12:50:
When a review says they got to the end in 20 hours, that usually means I'll have a good 35+ of enjoyment out of a game. Reviewers rarely do side-content, explore, get into the social stuff like talking to various NPCs, getting immersed in the story, etc. They have a review to write and a hard deadline so they play that game like its going out of style.

My first DE:HR playthrough was over 100 hours and I think reviews said it was 30-40, so I'm not that worried about length.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 12:08 Creston

I wanted to watch (some of) them. I went to NBCOlympics, and tried to watch old stuff. I understand that without a TV subscription, I can't watch anything live, that's fine. But it wouldn't let me watch any old stuff without a subscription either.

Okay, NBC. Then I just won't watch anything. Apparently in your retarded world, that's better than having an extra viewer. Keep protecting your dwindling TV subscribers base, eventually you'll price your shit so high that everyone will just cancel, and you'll be left with no income. Have fun.

10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:36 Creston

WOOOOOOOOO! COME ON 4PM!!!!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
33. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 23, 2016, 09:49 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 09:16:
Yeah, there was some game, can't recall which, that I remember buying and playing for a bit. I kept thinking "man, I must weirdly be a god at this game, everyone said it's rough but here I am, kicking so much ass I already have some fantastic weapons."

Saints Row III? It happened to me in that one.

31. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 23, 2016, 09:47 Creston

Vall Forran wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 03:23:
I want to savor this game, I probably played DX:HR six times.

Only six? Pshah!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2016, 22:52 Creston

Saboth wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 19:36:
Reminds me of my place of employment. Over 300 employees and they don't even have an HR person. They figure they'll just "get by".

I worked at a place with 1500 employees, and they had a HUNDRED fucking HR people. That was the exact opposite. None of them ever did a fucking thing, and then when the energy sector went into the tank, they fired 50% of the IT department, and replaced them with...? Yep, the HR people.

Somehow the place is still in operation, though I doubt it'll last much longer. You can only keep selling all your assets and laying off 10% of your workforce to make your balance sheet look decent for another quarter.

Anyway, fuck all those HR pissants.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 22:42 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 18:20:
Pro: They are at least honest up front (just a few hours but still better than most publishers) that you are getting fuck all for your $30

Contra: Those meager bits of "content" for $30 are an all out scam if you think about similarly priced expansion passes like TW3

Agreed.

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
13. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 22:38 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 18:52:
Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 18:11:
Interesting story, Zenimax. Do you have any proof?

If there were no truth to it then Zenimax would be pretty daft to pull this. Imo it makes a lot of sense though when you look back at how quickly Palmer rushed in the arms of Facebook. I doubt Facebook was the only investor that put a bid in.

I have no doubt that Zenimax believes that Carmack stole stuff, but it actually being true, and them being able to PROVE it are completely different things.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Aug 22, 2016, 18:16 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:32:
I can tell you haven't been pumped for this at all Creston.

I mean, if he was a real fan he'd stay up tonight.

I must tempt Creston and make his life miserable.

Starting work at 6am tends to put a damper on fun stuff like that.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. AT&T says LTE can offer up to 1Gb Aug 22, 2016, 18:14 Creston

It never WILL, of course. Haha. 1Gb speeds, please. You will pay 80 dollars for 500K and LIKE IT!

But it could!

1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 18:13 Creston

4 Praxis Kits – These additional Praxis Kits will allow you to further develop the augmentations of your choosing, moving you one step closer to unlocking Adam’s full potential.
5000 Credits – Bolster your wallet with additional credits, providing you with extra spending money to purchase Praxis Kits, ammo, weapons, or anything else you may find at the shops in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
1000 Crafting Parts – Use crafting parts to craft upgrades, such as increased damage and accuracy, for any weapon in your inventory.

I hate it when devs do this. It completely destroys the feel of the entire early game. :\

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
1. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 18:11 Creston

Interesting story, Zenimax. Do you have any proof?  

27479 Comments. 1374 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo