Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28414 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Decades in prison for VW execs Jan 12, 2017, 21:14 Creston

Lol. Whatever. Ignoring the fact that most of them aren't even in the US, since when do executives go to jail for their bullshit? VW will pay the fine (admittedly massively huge), they won't pay a dime, and that'll be the end of it.

Next time some cocksucker exec sees a way to cheat and thereby boost his stock bonus by $10K, he'll do so, because there's never any deterrent against doing so.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
20. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 12, 2017, 00:11 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 00:02:
Does it affect 3D games on multi-monitor systems, or does it affect 3D games that use more than one monitor? "Multi-monitor support in some games" implies that this is only an issue when a 3D application is using multiple monitors but the article is too busy belabouring the point about forced updates to actually discuss this.

Note, it's not just games. 3D rendering apps. Likely meaning that if I don't cut this fucking 'update' off at the ass tomorrow, all my engineers at work (who use AutoDesk on 2-3-4 monitors) are probably going to be shit out of fucking luck.

News Comments > Outbreak Next Week
1. Re: Outbreak Next Week Jan 11, 2017, 21:32 Creston

According to developer Dead Drop Studios, there should be virtually no connection issues. (There’s no P2P, so players don't directly connect.) Furthermore, Outbreak has a *region selector* to ensure a low ping worldwide.

Uh-huh...

So what happens when you lose your ONE LIFE? Game over 'till next map? Done for the day? Uninstall?

News Comments > 25 Million Rocket League Players
1. Re: 25 Million Rocket League Players Jan 11, 2017, 21:30 Creston

They sold 25 million copies??? Holy shitsnacks! o_O  

News Comments > Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support
10. Re: Windows 10 Update Breaks Multi-Monitor Support Jan 11, 2017, 21:26 Creston

Fuck you, Microsoft, and your fucking NON-EXISTANT testing scheme. When are you going to stop using all these mouth breathers on your "insider build" program, and actually start TESTING some of this shit?

You fucking break monitors, webcams, printers, and your answer is always "Well, don't use that then."

Fuck you and your worthless, shit, mandatory update bullshit.

News Comments > More Overwatch Roadhog Changes
12. Re: More Overwatch Roadhog Changes Jan 11, 2017, 16:20 Creston

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 15:52:
Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 10:29:
Ah yes, the usual Blizzard Nerf Hammer has struck again. Let's not adjust something a little bit downwards, let's just make it completely utterly useless, then adjust it back up when the cries of outrage become too overwhelming.

It's really become a concept by now. Many games employ the Blizzard Nerf Hammer method of "balancing."

I guess I don't see anything wrong with making drastic changes on the PTR as long as they listen to feedback, which it seems like they are doing.

I thought they had put the hook nerf on public servers, not just the PTR. My bad.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2017, 14:11 Creston

Happy level up day Ant!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 11, 2017, 13:15 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 12:50:
25K in a week is not a lot if you have the right keywords to show up in search results and suggestions. Even 25K in an hour is perfectly feasible if your stuff goes viral.

However this story has nothing to do with YouTube, it's a pretty huge scam involving thousands of fake web sites and hundreds of thousands of bots designed to milk pay-per-click video ads. The crux of it seems to be that huge ad companies are using automated algorithms to choose where to put their ads, lol... So these guys exploited that lack of human oversight and just engineered their way to being paid millions of dollars for nothing.

Eh, if ad companies want to be lazy, they get what they deserve. No sympathy on my end.

7. Re: More Overwatch Roadhog Changes Jan 11, 2017, 13:12 Creston

Blackhawk wrote on Jan 11, 2017, 12:44:
Nerf hammer?

I see one bug fix, three buffs, and only one nerf (and that is to Ana's grenade, which everyone, including pro players, say is particularly broken.)

The nerf happened the previous patch a few days ago. Now they're quickly having to un-nerf it again, because as usual, they just utterly crushed an entire skill.

1. Re: More Overwatch Roadhog Changes Jan 11, 2017, 10:29 Creston

Ah yes, the usual Blizzard Nerf Hammer has struck again. Let's not adjust something a little bit downwards, let's just make it completely utterly useless, then adjust it back up when the cries of outrage become too overwhelming.

It's really become a concept by now. Many games employ the Blizzard Nerf Hammer method of "balancing."

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Jan 11, 2017, 10:27 Creston

I agree, I liked the Indoctrination theory. If I'd been Bioware, I'd have quickly gone "OMG that's like a THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than the crap Mac came up with. Quick, let's make it like that and pretend we always meant it this way, and people were just smart enough to figure it out!"

As for the Citadel, I can see that the tone is perhaps out of touch with the rest of the game (which just all the more points to Bioware meaning for this to be played all the way at the end, rather than during 'R&R' during the war. It just doesn't fit), but at least you get a nice send-off with your crew, rather than literally nothing (at first) or a single screenshot of each crew member (with the Extended Cut.)

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2017, 23:42 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 21:52:
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 21:11:
No, you could. Just. It basically required you to be able to make peace between the Geth and the Quarians so you got both of them in your warscore (iow, sucks to be you if you made some 'wrong' decisions in ME2) , you had to save the Krogan, etc. You were able to get a few hundred points over the amount required for the best ending, but it was a LOT of work. I think I finished the first time with 200 points over or so.

Are you sure you didn't play after DLC or something? This has been eating at my brain for quite awhile now, since I specifically remember doing the datapad app constantly so that I didn't play multiplayer, and I know I finished all the side mission stuff. even looking at posts and ME wiki conversations, they all point to only about 3700 EMS, or 4012 EMS with DLC (the latter of which would get you the best ending if you were full renegade or paragon).

Pretty sure, yeah. I finished the game about a week after it came out and got the best ending, but I played with a primed save, so to speak (I'd made all the 'best' choices in ME1 and ME2 to prepare for 3), so I was able to get the quarians and the geth to make peace, etc.

If you didn't play Multiplayer at all, that would require 8000 war assets (50% readiness)... i can't see that being possible at ME3 launch. (without multiplayer or the datapad app)

Not quite sure what my numbers were, I think I was 200 over, so was at 8200ish total. I don't think there was any DLC involved other than the Prothean party member one (forgot what it was called.) None of the other DLC were out at the time.

(This Mass Effect talk reminds me that I really should go back and play the DLC and do a Renegade playthough of the game... Played ME1 3 or 4 times 100% through (all side quests), ME2 at least twice complete, but the ME3 ending was so bad that I just quit and never even bothered going back for DLC.)

The ending is okay with the Extended cut, but if you simply play the Citadel after ending ME3 and treat that as the ending (as Bioware obviously means for you to do, even though they don't say it), it ends great. The Citadel is basically a ten hour Big Smiles And Fun All Around ending. It's glorious. Watching Grunt continuously tell people in inventive ways that, no, they can't come into the party is hilarious. It's well worth it.

Personally, I think Bioware deserved all the flak they got over their original ending, as it was horseshit. Choose which color explosion you want to destroy the galaxy with! But they've genuinely worked at making it better, within the confines of the terrible fucking Reaper story line that Mac Walters came up with, so I do think people should cut them a little slack on it. Their attitude at the time was bullshit (we're the artists, we know best! Fuck off!), but they eventually caved and tried their best to make it better.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 10, 2017, 23:34 Creston

Tom wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 20:29:
With Samsung providing the batteries, we can count on internal combustion to remain alive and well for some time.

Heeeeyyyooooo!!! *tappity tappity*

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2017, 21:11 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 20:03:
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 16:36:
Well, technically you didn't have to, but the score requirements were so stupidly high that in order to get it with the sp game alone, you literally had to do every single quest perfectly to make it.

I thought when it first came out you actually couldn't get the best score with just the in game SP stuff. I remember playing the mobile app thing they had to gain readiness score, and I generally finish every quest in ME games.

No, you could. Just. It basically required you to be able to make peace between the Geth and the Quarians so you got both of them in your warscore (iow, sucks to be you if you made some 'wrong' decisions in ME2) , you had to save the Krogan, etc. You were able to get a few hundred points over the amount required for the best ending, but it was a LOT of work. I think I finished the first time with 200 points over or so.

RedEye, they patched it about two or three patches in, so that's likely, yeah.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2017, 18:01 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 16:46:
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 16:36:
Well, technically you didn't have to, but the score requirements were so stupidly high that in order to get it with the sp game alone, you literally had to do every single quest perfectly to make it.

I'm so glad I didn't bother with that game. It boggles my mind they thought that was a great idea...

Yeah it was stupid. They fortunately wised up later and made the required score much, MUCH lower, so that you no longer really had to work at it to get the 'good' ending (well, the slightly less sucky ending). It's a shame, because the game was fucking amazing. When you say goodbye to Garrus at the end... damn... in the feels, bro!

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2017, 16:36 Creston

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 10, 2017, 16:35 Creston

Once Wheeler is out, prepare for shitloads more of "sneaky fees", only then they can just flat-out call them "Shareholder Profit Requirements."

"We will have huge fees! YUUUGE! The best fees!"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 10, 2017, 13:52 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 10:50:
That's 5.83 million right?

Be interesting to see how much in bonuses/raises/vacations/etc the school's administration "earns" this year.

I'll have 5.83 million for $400, Alex.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 10, 2017, 13:49 Creston

It's funny, when Tim Sweeney tied his company's games to Microsoft's consoles for oodles of money, he wasn't this adamant about shit remaining open.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2017, 13:47 Creston

It's been a year already? Damn.

Rest easy, spaceman.

28414 Comments. 1421 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo