Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28628 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2017, 14:32 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 14:21:
Should we call in a wellness check on nin? last post was Feb 22.
Or maybe blue is using his van for the move.

I was just thinking yesterday that I hadn't seen him in a while. nin, wake up, buddy!

As for moviegoers wanting more R-Rated superhero films: Fucking DUH, Hollywood.

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2017, 14:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Mar 5, 2017, 10:53 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 04:54:
Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 21:33:
Yeah, maybe you could have spent five minutes learning what Planescape Torment was, so you wouldn't be so confused by a SUCCESSOR to that game? Imbecile.

Wait, isn't this a spiritual successor? Why should playing the Planescape matter at all, except for being a similar style game?

Which is exactly what the "reviewer" is bitching about. "Man, this game is all like... words and shit!"

Oh, you mean like Planescape Torment was all like words and shit?

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Videos
19. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Videos Mar 4, 2017, 21:49 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 16:20:
Correcting myself. Ships can travel FTL without Mass Relays. But that doesn't really let you get across the galaxy like with Mass Relays. The Relays basically open up mass-free corridors between two points that allow for instantaneous travel. FTL drives allow you to fly around within a solar system lets say without it taking years to get between planets.

Correct on the distinction between the two, but I don't think the Mass Effect gates are instantaneous. Some time passes as you travel through them.

18. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Videos Mar 4, 2017, 21:45 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 13:11:
So ME3 wasn't in any a place they could continue from with this story

Well, no, obviously. The whole reason they're going to Andromeda is because Mac Walters completely and utterly fucking ruined the Milky Way galaxy for any further stories with his bullshit writing. They're essentially hitting the Mother Of All Reset Buttons. (Even Brannon Braga is going "Damn, that's a big-ass reset button!" when he sees Andromeda.)

In any case, yes, they're heavily going against their own lore with the idea of an intergalactic FTL ship based on Mass Effect technology, because their lore specifically states that it's impossible. But retconning their own lore is called Tuesday at Bioware. (and the whole experimental drive that uses the static buildup to power their own systems, please. So they've now invented perpetual motion?)

But leaving those stupid writing gaffes aside, I'm still very excited for Andromeda.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2017, 21:39 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 15:02:
This plays directly in front of Logan in theaters. Was a great little "bonus", and thankfully wasn't put online until the day it hit theaters. It's your consolation prize for Stan Lee's first Marvel movie skip-out. Logan was pretty great, save a painfully eye-rolly bit where they couldn't fucking resist putting something cheeso in. It earns its R rating, with a LOT of crazy gory kills, f-bombs aplenty and they even throw in a pair of tits for a moment.

But it clearly feels like they did ALL THAT to keep people from bringing their kids to a movie that's mostly about Logan and the professor's end-of-life shambling wreck of a relationship. It'd bore action-craving kids to tears. It's the first time these mutant action heroes felt human, and Jackman mostly keeps up with Stewart's level of performance, and surprisingly so does the little girl. Oh, maybe the hard R is also because the little girl is as much of a monster as Logan, putting Kick Ass' Hit Girl to shame. The final action sequence is ok, but it has a pile of last-second-characters whose acting ability pales in comparison to the primary cast, and it feels like a slide back into mediocrity.

What cheesy bit are you referring to?

And I dunno, there were plenty of millenials in the theater when I went to go see it, and they all seemed to love the movie as much as I did. Logan and Charles' relationship in this movie was fantastic, and hearing professor X drop F bombs at Logan was hilarious.

And I agree, the girl was great. I practically choked on my water with laughter when (secret) she finally speaks for the first time, and Logan is just like "You can talk? Then what... what the fuck was up with this shit for the last 2000 miles??" hahaha.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 4, 2017, 21:35 Creston

Wei Shen is the biggest badass in videogames, period. Getting Donnie Yen to play him could be pretty awesome if they do basically a kung fu version of Hardboiled.

4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 4, 2017, 21:33 Creston

Oh, and as for this "review":

I never played Planescape: Torment (which came out in 1999), and had only vaguely heard of it recently when a Kickstarter campaign funded this thematic successor

I really donít know what to make of Torment: Tides of Numenera (T:ToN). It has more reading than a text adventure, more multiple choice questions than an SAT exam, has more baffling machinery and doodads lying around than Myst, and what feels like more meandering and backtracking than a Family Circus comic strip.

Yeah, maybe you could have spent five minutes learning what Planescape Torment was, so you wouldn't be so confused by a SUCCESSOR to that game? Imbecile.

3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 4, 2017, 21:30 Creston

I'm enjoying it. I've already seen so many different ways past things it's crazy. I had to go pretend to be a councilman to a merchant who "sold" (wink wink) councilman paraphernalia, but because I asked him too many questions about the town itself, he immediately said "Yeah, you're no councilman."

I think that might be the first RPG where just going down all the options actually made a difference in the outcome of the discussion.

The effort system is cool, it makes you think about whether you want to put limited resources into doing something right and boosting it to 100%, or taking a gamble at a lower percentage; combat is turn based and definitely difficult (your first combat encounter can very easily wipe you out if you don't pay attention and use all options available to you); party members DEFINITELY don't like each other, and the story is cool so far. Graphics are pretty decent, customization from armor and such looks good, the world is weird and interesting to explore, and there are tons of NPCs with cool stories to talk to and learn more about everything around you.

And all that for $20. I seriously don't get what people are fucking bitching about. Apparently nothing is good enough anymore nowadays.

InXile made a great fucking RPG.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial
16. Re: Shroud of the Avatar Free Trial Mar 4, 2017, 21:23 Creston

I backed this, and have completely stopped even keeping up with what they're doing. It seems now they're basically just remaking UO, and the way they're selling houses and castles and all other kinds of shit makes Chris Roberts go "DAAAAAMN!"

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2017, 13:13 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 12:39:
Wow, just when I think it can't get worse. Trump randomly accuses Obama bugging Trump Tower? I can't figure out if he is crazy, a genius, or just has ADD -- probably parts of all three.

I genuinely believe he has dementia. He shows basically all the symptoms. What are the laws regarding forcing a sitting president to undergo a medical evaluation?

10. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Videos Mar 4, 2017, 13:02 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 12:10:
This + plot-device allows you to travel 25 million ly in 680 years (this would indicate 370000x FTL) and make Mass Effect gates even in the normal game world not anywhere instant at all.

I don't think it was ever implied that Mass Effect gate travel was instantaneous, was it?

9. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Videos Mar 4, 2017, 12:59 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 11:28:
1) they optimized the FTL slipstream configuration to oscillate the thruster in pulses, taking advantage of inertial manipulation via subspace lubricants which allows the drive to "coast" at regular intervals and thus extends drive time indefinitely

2) they discovered that fusing particles of element zero in a hyper-phased neutrino cloud creates a self-contained vortex wormhole into the zero-point field, providing a renewable fuel source when placed into the proper geometric scalar array

Geordi?

Anyway, I thought the exploration video was very cool. The only thing I didn't like was the "you'll run out of life support that you have to recharge at stations" bit. (ie, at random things that pop up in the middle of a desert, because why wouldn't there be something that's magically compatible with your Mako?)

It reminds me too much of that Hammerhead mission on that frozen world, where you keep having to boost between heating elements to avoid getting frozen. It's boring. It sucks that they brought that "gameplay" into Andromeda.

But other than that, the rest looks fun. I especially like expanding the Nexus and awakening further scientists/warriors/merchants part of it, and being able to build outposts on these planets.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details
13. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 12:48 Creston

Ubisoft Kiev?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 3, 2017, 20:37 Creston

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 18:57:
I checked the Shadow of War link to see if it was a mistake in wording, but really, do you get to actually pre-load a game that will be released in just over 5 months?

If so, that seems a bit.......odd.

Yeah, I did a double take on that as well. Isn't this scheduled for August?

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans?
13. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 3, 2017, 20:35 Creston

I quite enjoyed it. Didn't finish all the dungeons, as I got pretty tired of it around the 70 hour mark and finishing the main quest. Still have a ton of hunts to do as well.

But it's a fun game. Fun world, companions are cool, interactions are good, combat takes a while to master but once you do it's a very good system.

A PC version would be cool, though I doubt I'd double dip.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
25. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 20:33 Creston

We thought only 14000 people would play, so we didn't bother to make content, because those 14000 people would not... need... any...

err...

LOOK WE HAVE A NEW PROJECT!

Anyone who gives these idiots any more money is just deserving to get ripped off.

News Comments > Hello Games New Project Plans
20. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 18:33 Creston

Pre-order now!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
28. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 3, 2017, 18:30 Creston

Beamer wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 09:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 21:12:
Creston wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 20:18:
30 Billion... Has Snapchat ever actually earned a profit?

Would it surprise you to hear that, to date, this company has not made a single $ profit? Has no monetization idea, and has no idea how to ever actually turn a profit?

As I've mentioned here before, they have lots of monetization ideas. My company works with them regularly. Regularly. We paid them millions of dollars in 2016, and our 3 year budget with them ramps up quickly. Can they get to break-even? Who knows?

Cutter is the most out of touch with reality I think we'll ever have here, but almost everyone here is out of touch with what people under 30 do with their time. They do not watch broadcast TV. Pretty much ever. But they spend enormous amounts of time on Snapchat, and they spend far more time watching Stories than watching TV. So where do you think companies that want to reach 18-34 year olds are putting their budget? Normal TV commercials, or the places Snapchat has embedded advertising?

Five trillion people could be using Snapchat, but if they never make a single dollar worth of profit, how can the company be worth 30 billion dollars?

Apparently venture capitalists nowadays are more than happy to keep sinking money into companies that never actually make a dime, just as long as they're "big."

See also: Uber.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2017, 18:17 Creston

Went and saw Logan this afternoon, it is fucking AWESOME. Damn you Fox for waiting seven thousand fucking years before finally making an R rated Wolverine movie.

2.5 hours of just fantastic entertainment. I'm sad that it's (spoiler) the end of Logan though, even though it's the same storyline as in the comics.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 3, 2017, 18:14 Creston

#crookedpence.

28628 Comments. 1432 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo