Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27862 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
9. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 2, 2016, 23:01 Creston

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 18:50:
Hah, like the WASD standard is something to be proud of. ESDF is far superior, you have much quicker and easier access to other hotkeys and your hand rests in a better position. But it's like the Imperial vs Metric system argument. So many people already used WASD, so they just stuck to it, because changing was too hard.

I genuinely don't understand the ESDF argument. I mean, if you prefer ESDF, whatever of course, but why is it supposedly so much quicker and easier access? It's still the same keys. For most normal sized people, they're all within easy reach of your left hand. What does it matter where it "rests?" (so to speak).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Dishonored 2 Sep 2, 2016, 22:58 Creston

Interesting interview, and it looks really cool. I am so looking forward to that one.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 2, 2016, 22:31 Creston

I call total bullshit on CBS' 1 million number. There can't possibly be that many people who are so fucking dumb they'll pay 6 bucks for one channel's worth of content WITH ads, when they could pay 8 or 10 bucks and get fucking BILLIONS of hours more content without ads.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month
13. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 15:13 Creston

$11.99 for what is likely one mission, in a rehashed setting. (I actually loved breaking into the Palisade bank, it was awesome, but going back there... Meh.)

Methinks I will wait for this to hit 75% off.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Bitcoin adblocker Sep 2, 2016, 15:11 Creston

"For the first time in the history of web browsers, people can now seamlessly reward the sites whose content they value and wish to support, while remaining untracked by anyone...

"... anyone other than us, of course. We will happily sell all your browsing habits to literally everyone who asks for it."

News Comments > Quantum Break: Timeless Collector's Edition Delay
2. Re: Quantum Break: Timeless Collector's Edition Delay Sep 2, 2016, 15:07 Creston

It truly is Timeless.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month
5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC This Month Sep 2, 2016, 12:01 Creston

Today, Square Enix® and Eidos®-Montréal announced that Frank Pritchard, the iconic Deus Ex® character, will return in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – System Rift, the first Story DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™.

Huh. And here I thought Frank was secretly Janus. There goes my theory!

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
9. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 11:49 Creston

Task wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 20:40:
Ok? Have you tried it though? It claims "stability" and "performance" improvements so maybe that crap is fixed.

I bought the 30 dollar expansion at the time which made all my characters expansion only, and then watched my game rubberband every 20 seconds. The devs never fixed it because there "was no money", and the game had essentially become unplayable, and just reinstalling Titan Quest was not an option, because all my characters couldn't be used in Titan Quest anymore.

So you'll forgive me for not spending another dime on their promises.

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Plans
5. Re: Wireless HTC Vive Plans Sep 1, 2016, 11:44 Creston

How much bandwidth do you need to stream 2 1080p signals at 90fps? Can someone do that math?

News Comments > Mess Affect: Mass Effect Remasters Hopes Dashed
6. Re: Mess Affect: Mass Effect Remasters Hopes Dashed Sep 1, 2016, 11:42 Creston

Asshole.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Fuck this goddamn AssHamper Aug 31, 2016, 20:15 Creston

That's not what you want, you lying fucking shitbag. You just want the US to do what you tell it to do already and now that we won't, you're pissy like a little bitch.

Because if we have this "adult conversation", and we tell you "no, you can't have backdoors", you'll throw another fucking tantrum, come up with five more lawsuits and assorted other bullshit, and then next year you'll be whining that you want to "talk about encryption" some more.

You cannot have a fucking backdoor into encryption. (Encryption which, ironically, came into being because you and your fellow fucking "intelligence" agency stooges couldn't stop breaking the fucking law and couldn't stop spying on innocent people.) Period. Full stop. Go the fuck away and never bother us again.

So fuck you. Fuck you with a fucking encrypted iPhone, right in your fucking eyesocket.

tl;dr Fuck you, James Fucking Comey.

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
1. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Aug 31, 2016, 20:11 Creston

Includes Immortal Throne, so will include RubberBanding Out The Ass. You have been warned.

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
4. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Aug 31, 2016, 20:09 Creston

It should be called the Dark Mod, but shit, I'll give it a go.

(ten minutes later) so, apparently it's not out until 9/2, in case some of you are trying to find it. Smart, nVidia, because I will DEFINITELY remember to download this two days from now. Rolleyes

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2016, 19:38 Creston

MajorD wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 18:00:

Yup. With the button I eluded to, once you press the button, then it expands in lieu of there being a big wall of hidden text.

Oh, I get what you're saying. I don't think Chatbear (the forum software) does that. We were happy to just get an ignore feature, okay??!!!

News Comments > PS Now PC Streaming Begins
18. Re: PS Now PC Streaming Begins Aug 31, 2016, 19:32 Creston

Slick wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 23:33:
While I wouldn't buy a DS4 controller for this, I happen to have 2 of them, and I fucking love them, syncs with bluetooth on pc just fine. And ergonomically it's the best controller I've ever used.

Man, really? It's a huge improvement over the DS3 for sure, but I still don't like how cramped it feels. The Xbone controller still feels a lot better. I guess my hands are too large.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. High school dance off Aug 31, 2016, 19:29 Creston

I lol'ed. And after watching it seventeen times, I still can't figure just WHAT THE FUCK he does with that weird leg flip. Holy shit.

I hope he got laid like James Deen that night.

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 19:25 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 17:24:
Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:11:
Even if Amazon kills Fedex, so what? The packages still need to be delivered, Amazon will still need to hire drivers, and there'll be a ton of freshly fired drivers available who need a job.

You'd probably see the same guy delivering your stuff, only now he's wearing an Amazon uniform rather than a Fedex uniform.

I've actually always wondered why Amazon didn't just buy Fedex.

They looked into it and didn't like the overall process in which the Express network works I believe it was. The other thing we aren't talking a lot of planes here and they don't want a lot of planes. The planes are just to move some product around quickly in a pinch. They want to be able to ship ground from a very local warehouse on finished goods and be smart enough to be able to replenish the warehouse via line haul. Air is for the things that don't work out as planned and that will cost them a lot more, money losers they'll see.

That makes very good sense. Thanks

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
18. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 31, 2016, 16:56 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 09:45:
Shineyguy wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 09:32:
Hopefully they switch to idTech after Fallout 4. I think that was the plan? That would mean that:

a) game would run better, look better, and be overall less buggy due to engine issues/limitations.

and

b) multiplayer shouldn't be TOO hard to hack in later as the bones for the net code will all still be there.

One can dream on part b).

Hadn't heard that, but it would be fantastic, if true. So sick of gamebryo/"creation".

It would also mean no mods. So....

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 16:29 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:09:
You mention Arkham Knight. I can't remember, that was port issues, right?

Yeah, that was the one where they stopped selling it for six months because of how terrible it was. It's often mentioned as an example of why people should never preorder, but it was a game that had two good previous versions already, so it's easy to see why people would bite on it.

And yeah, the PS4 version is great.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 16:14 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 12:55:
I just wish Amazon would stop shipping Prime merchandise through the shithole that is US Postal system. "It'll be delivered Monday!" Wednesday arrives...[crickets as the postal twunt rolls by]. Call Amazon:
"It says it was out for delivery on Monday."
"Yes, yes I know it does. It has said that Monday, Tuesday, and now today."
"We'll reship the item overnight for you."
"While I appreciate that, is there anyway that I can get my Prime purchases not shipped through the godawful postal system?"
"We have many different methods of ensuring that we meet your two day Prime guarantee and it's not possible to pick just one or exclude one."
"Right."

Add the following line to your chat conversation:

"I pay 99 dollars a year to get stuff here in two days. Not three days, or four days, or five days. Two days. If you can't guarantee that, I might as well quit Prime."

This line is typically followed with them going: "Sorry sir, would a $10 credit / free month of prime on your account suffice?"

Also, ALWAYS make a screenshot of the "GUARANTEED DELIVERY ON SEPTEMBER 1st!" window. Then, when you contact them and they try to pull the "technically it's two days from when it's readied in the warehouse for shipping, sir." on you, you show them the screenshot, and voila. Credit, or new items shipped overnight for free, flow your way.

27862 Comments. 1394 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo