Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30345 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Worst date ever May 11, 2018, 18:07 Creston

Holy shit, she is fucking crazy. I mean, that could be the most amazing, heavenly-choir-singing, roofs-collapsing sex of all time, but it's not worth it for that level of fucking insanity.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
27. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 11, 2018, 18:03 Creston

SirKnight wrote on May 11, 2018, 14:03:
Creston wrote on May 11, 2018, 13:36:
Will it still use the same shitty pop-in / ultra-low fidelity textures tech that was supposed to revolutionize gaming?

You do realize that Doom (2016) used the same tech but improved right? So why would Rage 2 (which of course will use the same id Tech 6 as Doom) go back to the original implementation of Megatextures?

I didn't play Doom. I know the pop-in was mostly fixed once everyone switched to SSDs, but didn't Doom suffer from some horrid textures up close as well?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews May 11, 2018, 17:51 Creston

"We have to try new models for slurping more money out of our customers."

For example - and this is just my opinion, I'm not committing to anything - let's say that we develop a very good narrative, with a complex universe and strong characters. You start the game and then you complete it in three hours. That costs $30. That's it.

30 bucks for a 3 hour game? Yeah, good fucking luck with that.

In any case, it's a good interview. Worth a read.

News Comments > RAGE 2 Announcement Monday?
18. Re: RAGE 2 Announcement Monday? May 11, 2018, 13:36 Creston

Will it still use the same shitty pop-in / ultra-low fidelity textures tech that was supposed to revolutionize gaming?

Rage had some fun missions, and unlike most people I even quite liked the cars and such, but by and large it was a terribly forgettable experience.

News Comments > Wal-Mart Lists Just Cause 4, Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and More
9. Re: Wal-Mart Lists Just Cause 4, Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and More May 10, 2018, 10:31 Creston

That's true. I hope so, I'm very much looking forward to playing it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2018, 10:30 Creston

My dogs get really snarly with each other at some times. To the point where my wife and I quickly jump in to stop it. May just be a mood thing, or possibly one of them tried to get at the other's favorite toy or something.

As long as they're not fighting each other with intent to hurt, I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed?
11. Re: Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed? May 10, 2018, 09:00 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on May 9, 2018, 20:23:
Creston wrote on May 9, 2018, 16:32:
I've been waiting on Unity to go for 10 bucks. That game is what, almost five years old? I think I haven't seen it for less than 20.

You mean just the base game or including the DLC? I can only see Euro prices but uPlay has Unity on sale for €12 at the moment. The only DLC worth getting AFAIK is Secrets of the Revolution and that one is €6.99 (regular price, not on sale) right now.
They do, however, have extra DLC/season pass sales on uPlay sometimes so it can be bought for cheaper then.

Nah, just the main game. I've yet to see it go lower than 15 bucks.

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew - The Next Generation Announced
1. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew - The Next Generation Announced May 10, 2018, 08:58 Creston

Hopefully they'll heavily expand the gameplay, at which point this could be really awesome. Watching Angry Joe play it was pretty fun.

7. Re: Wal-Mart Lists Just Cause 4, Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and More May 10, 2018, 08:57 Creston

The Pyro wrote on May 10, 2018, 07:29:
Don't forget the Final Fantasy VII remake! I guess technically it's already been announced, but wasn't the project in development limbo for a while?

Yeah, they were still hiring for that as little as a few months ago, so I kinda doubt that it'll be out this year.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 9, 2018, 22:41 Creston

Of course it does. Equifax is not bound by your puny fucking laws! It writes checks to congress critters!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Microtransactions End
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Microtransactions End May 9, 2018, 22:40 Creston

Go on sale for $15 this summer, and I'll be interested.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 9, 2018, 22:39 Creston

“We don’t know how this is going to end, but this is part of an effort to get every member of Congress on the record either supporting or opposing Net Neutrality,” Schatz said. “With this piece of legislation there is nowhere to hide and there are no excuses.”

This is the important thing. It's never going to pass. Even if it passes the Senate, it won't make it in the house, and it sure as fuck won't get that orange imbecile's autograph, but it will at least out every fucking asshole who thinks that AT&T and Comcast should be allowed to rape you.

Now it's up to all you internet protesters to actually get off your lazy asses and VOTE THOSE ASSHOLES OUT OF OFFICE THIS COMING ELECTION.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 9, 2018, 22:29 Creston

Moviepass running out of money? What?? You mean that selling people $50/$100 or more worth of product for $10 is not a sustainable business? But it was another Silicon Valley Innovation, man! What are the poor venture capitalists going to do now?

Rolleyes

4. Re: Wal-Mart Lists Just Cause 4, Borderlands 3, Rage 2, and More May 9, 2018, 22:25 Creston

Bethesda was less than amused about the Rage 2 announcement.

Borderlands 3 we knew. Gears of War 5 was inevitable, since Microsoft game studios is creatively bankrupt.

Just Cause 4. Hmmm... I thought Just Cause 2 was one of the most fun games of all time. 3, on the other hand, though a better game in every technical aspect, was boring as shit because every single fucking thing on the island looked and was exactly the same. As opposed to JC2, which had completely different areas and a fantastic main city etc.

Still, the gameplay is very fun, so if they made a cool map again, it could be really good.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed?
7. Re: Steam Summer Sale Date Revealed? May 9, 2018, 16:32 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 9, 2018, 11:16:

The only three games I'm really waiting on are Dishonored 2, Far Cry Primal, and the XCOM 2 expansion. My numbers for those are $9.99, $5.99, and $19.99. No idea why, just feels like that's where I'd want to pay. I think Dishonored 2 hit that (but I have no time to play so haven't bought), but FCP seems to never get below a ridiculous $19.99, and the XCOM 2 expansion keeps going to $29.99 (given how much I love that franchise, I really should just support it, but not sure when I'd have time to revisit the game.)

Dishonored 2 is an awesome game. Easily worth 20 bucks. So is the XCOM 2 expansion, which is also awesome.

Far Cry Primal looks like pure poop to me, but Ubisoft seems convinced its games are now worth pure gold for ten years straight. I've been waiting on Unity to go for 10 bucks. That game is what, almost five years old? I think I haven't seen it for less than 20.

Edit: Fixed busted quote tag.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2018, 17:38.

News Comments > Anthem in March 2019
13. Re: Anthem in March 2019 May 9, 2018, 16:27 Creston

Poor Andrew. He sounds so desperate.

"Guys, please! We fucked Mass Effect and Dragon Age for this! PLEASE BUY IT OH GOD PLEASE!"

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released
11. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released May 9, 2018, 08:27 Creston

StingingVelvet wrote on May 9, 2018, 03:59:
I did play New Vegas right away though and the only bugs I had were some enemies stuck in the ground.

Everyone who played New Vegas was hit by the fact their renderer was just plain broken. People would replace the dx9.dll with one from a completely different game and gained like 30fps. Not everyone noticed this as some people had powerful enough PCs that it just brute-forced its way through, but after they patched that, your performance went up by like 50%.

New Vegas was pretty much a shitshow on release.

Anyway, about this, it looks cool, but the sailing and ship combat look mind-numbingly boring to me. Seriously, turn-based ship combat? I watched a video on it, it took like ten minutes to do a single battle, and just thinking about having to do that over and over again... ugh.

I hope to God someone mods that out. It's going to keep me from playing this. It just looked so terrible.

News Comments > Thanos Invades Fortnite
3. Re: Thanos Invades Fortnite May 8, 2018, 18:09 Creston

From videos he doesn't look that OP. He takes shit tons of damage and other than the 300 armor shields on kill, none of it ever heals. He also has extremely slow windups, and the jump attack literally never hits anybody. The beam and the melee are the only two good attacks.

It looks pretty fun, tbh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2018, 09:38 Creston

El Pit:

I read an article, here where Russo himself says that Thanos seemed surprised at still being alive. I read another article where he repeats that same point, but I can't find that one so quickly anymore. Again, as a story-telling device that is very powerful, but then at least be more clear about it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 8, 2018, 09:30 Creston

"Filthy peasant detected. No action required."

And so it begins.

30345 Comments. 1518 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo