Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30712 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > No 2019 Assassin's Creed
6. Re: No 2019 Assassin's Creed Aug 22, 2018, 13:22 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 12:53:
Please let it be Edo Japan!

There are actually quite some hints in that direction.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No 2019 Assassin's Creed
5. Re: No 2019 Assassin's Creed Aug 22, 2018, 13:22 Creston

The year off really paid off for Origins, so this seems like good news to me.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 21, 2018, 23:13 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 20:59:
no jobs. No money. No way or need to buy goods from the robots that took the jobs is there? Massive numbers of unemployed, homeless, and hungry people? Gee, what's the worst that could happen? Wry

The rich don't care. They really would much rather all the poor (ie, everyone with less than a million dollars) just die off, so the planet doesn't go to shit so quickly.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 21, 2018, 19:25 Creston

Of course they did. Fuck Verizon.

News Comments > Stormdivers Announced
1. Re: Stormdivers Announced Aug 21, 2018, 18:33 Creston

Oh look, another Battle Royale game, because nobody in the game industry has even a minute shred of originality.

Stormdivers is more than just another battle royale game

Well, true. You have a nice looking weather effect, and absolutely shit-awful music, so there's that.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Trailers
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Trailers Aug 21, 2018, 18:31 Creston

Super dramatic voice: "If you fail... Greece is lost!"

"I thought we just respawned at the nearest checkpoint?"

"Oh... ehhh, sorry... it seems my information was wrong! Heh... kind of embarrassing, really..."

Still, I absolutely LURVED origins (replaying it now), so pretty interested in this. I just really did NOT like the ship combat in Origins, because it felt tacked on and super-unsatisfying compared to Black Flag, and the fact that they're focusing so heavy on it here just doesn't really grab me. I wish they'd stop fucking pussy-footing around and just make a fucking pirate game already, without the Assassin's Creed bullshit in it. You already have everything you need, it's right in this game. Just stop with the Animus and the pieces of Eden garbage, and just make an awesome pirate RPG! If it had all the pieces of this game in it and Black Flag's combat, how is that not a 90+ game that sells millions?

News Comments > NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month
61. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 21, 2018, 09:35 Creston

Slick wrote on Aug 21, 2018, 08:31:
The only working title they had to show off couldn't hit 60 FPS @ 1080p with raytracing on on the Ti. And it's thought that the game wasn't even running at max settings.

What the hell? That first pic in that article, where you can switch between Ray tracing off and on, I was like "Well, you know, there's a pretty big difference in quality here. It's easily visible."

Only to then realize that the better quality screenshot is with Ray tracing OFF...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2018, 17:47 Creston

Oh, I LOVED that Chrysalis mission. The first time I played it, I practically shat myself when I saw the Chrysalids pop up. And more pop up. And more. AND MORE. AND... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!!

War of the Chosen is SO good, though. So GOOD. So much cool stuff in there, it's awesome. The only really disappointing thing about it (well, two):

- The Chosen bases are all the same. This sucks so much ass, especially since the base isn't even that interesting to begin with. How did they not make 3 bases, each built around the Chosen's particular power, and then have the Chosen actually harass you during your run to their sanctuary? (Maybe that would have just killed everyone, but eh.) Instead, it's just kind of a boring mission apart from the final fight.

- Once you kill the chosen, the difficulty and the pacing and the dread just drops off a giant cliff. Finishing out the rest of the game just becomes a bit of a chore, since you will have six literal demi-gods just mowing shit down left, right and center.

But oh, those first twenty hours. When the fucking assassin drops in your 8 turn rescue mission, and you literally curse the universe for hating you so. That first time you take your Dragon Monk and run halfway across the level into a pack of bad guys, and just start psionic knife'ing them one after the other after the other, only to miscalculate by one damage on the final guy and you leave him alive to kill your monk the next turn, only to THEN pull off a 22% shot with your ultra sniper and save the day.

Ah, so good.

I still need to see if someone has managed to finish the Final Mission with all 3 chosen alive. I think it's flat-out impossible, but who knows. (edit: turns out it's not actually what I thought it would be, which is that all 3 would show up at once during the final part of the mission where you face off against 3 avatars and unlimited reinforcements. It's actually just that they show up one by one during the course of the mission, which makes it a bit tougher, but not that much.)

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant in November
4. Re: Underworld Ascendant in November Aug 20, 2018, 17:37 Creston

Yeah, it's a damn shame that this had to turn into a budget title, because it really badly shows.

On the flipside, it's 30 bucks, so I'll probably bite.

36. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 17:29 Creston

Slick wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 16:23:
OMG I found the Canada prices JEEEEEEEEEEEESUS

Here's some more, these prices are here to stay. motherfuck.

Everyday low price!

35. Re: NVIDIA RTX 20-series Next Month Aug 20, 2018, 17:26 Creston

DX12! Real Time Ray Tracing! Deep Learning Shit Sucking! More Buzzwords!

What difference does it make for the games we play? Because I'm going to guess the answer is jack and/or shit.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2018, 07:19 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 21:11:
According to this list, if you want more sales, put your name in ALL CAPS. :o

All caps means your game is SERIOUS BIZNIZ!

Offtopic, completed my marathon 2nd run through XCOM 2 with all the DLC, where's XCOM 3, Firaxis !?

Yeah there's been very little info. I don't even know if they're actually working on it.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
4. Re: Sunday Patches Aug 19, 2018, 23:25 Creston

Interesting mod for ME3. Shame that the complete thing is clearly still years away

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
20. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 19:50 Creston

If by conservative voices you mean hate mongers and outright fucking Nazis, then yes. And deservedly fucking so.

Fuck you and your ilk for wanting to bring back goddamned fascism.

News Comments > Valve on Steam.TV's Inadvertent Launch
1. Re: Valve on Steam.TV's Inadvertent Launch Aug 18, 2018, 19:49 Creston

"Sorry, the hats weren't ready to go yet!"

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 12:14 Creston

Here's a good way to show netflix that you don't want this fucking shit:

https://www.netflix.com/DoNotTest

Turn that to off. If 90% of their audience turns it to off, they'll have very solid data that nobody WANTS FUCKING COMMERCIALS ON NETFLIX.

I would cancel in a heartbeat if they start showing actual commercials. Fuck you and your investors, Netflix.

News Comments > Din's Legacy Trailer
1. Re: Din's Legacy Trailer Aug 18, 2018, 01:08 Creston

I played that space Diablo of theirs, Drox Operative, for quite a while. It was pretty good fun.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 17, 2018, 14:28 Creston

Maybe if you shut your goddamn piehole from time to time, Elon, you wouldn't be in so much pain?

Or stay off Twitter. It really isn't that hard. Billions of normal people have no problem staying off the asshole of the Internet. The fact that you can't is kind of telling in and of itself.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2018, 22:54 Creston

What the actual fuck? I think I actually shuddered when he drowned a somewhat decent looking slice of left-over pizza in that goop. Ugh. What the US' obsession with "cream" is, I'll never understand.

Left over pizza: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of your slices to get a bit of that fresh cheese taste back into it. Cook ten minutes. Done. If you have a pizza with a dry crust, you can try sprinkling it with a bit of water on the bottom first (like you would with a naan) to help it retain a bit of moisture.

In the end, it's left-over pizza. It's never going to taste as good as fresh pizza, especially if it was coal fired or wood fired (since most of the moisture flash-evaporates out of the crust due to the high heat, but that's what also leads to that deliciously crispy, thin crust.)

Source: I have an actual wood-fired pizza oven in my backyard. I know my pizza.

News Comments > The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative
2. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Barrows Deep Wishlist Initiative Aug 16, 2018, 22:47 Creston

Eh, fuck it, why not. I'm in.

30712 Comments. 1536 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo