Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29740 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II
2. Re: EA Still Wants Microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront II Nov 29, 2017, 10:53 Creston

How did EA fail to see the loot box problem coming?

Because it's hard to see through eyes like these.

But I like how their plan is now to layer in ANOTHER economic model.

We are trying to run the company with an ear to the consumer at all times

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 29, 2017, 10:51 Creston

Counterpoint: The internet should be a shitfilled rathole subject to corporate whim, all so Ajit Pai can make a lot of money.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Nov 29, 2017, 10:48 Creston

These are all great arguments. Ajit Pai has a counter-argument: He's going to make a metric ASSLOAD of money!

Why can't all of you see that that completely outweighs all other concerns? I mean, HE will make money!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
57. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 10:28 Creston

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 05:13:
Finally, W3 locked content behind a season pass, that's the point. There's no maps, heroes, weapons etc that are hidden behind a paywall with SWBFII.

You also seem to forget that CDPR did like SIXTEEN free DLCs for the Witcher 3. With weapons, skins etc. There was no content locked behind a season pass. There was no weapon in Witcher 3 that you could look at it in a menu, but then know you'd have to pay to get it. The two expansions they released were actual expansions, not piecemeal shit that completed the original game.

And all of that is ignoring that the Witcher 3 was already probably the largest RPG released for the price of $60.

So yeah, how dare they make fun at EA's expense when EA finds itself in a shitstorm of its own making.

Seriously, go pick on someone else. Trying to equate CDPR to EA is the most ludicrous argument imaginable.

Yes, EA is going to want to make money to earn back any future content they do, which is understandable, but they could do so in a far better manner than trying to squeeze every frigging dime out of their customers with their lootbox crap.

Nothing of what EA does is in any way, shape or form relatable to what CDPR does.

53. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 10:19 Creston

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 01:54:
I think it's funny how prestigious studios like CD Projekt Red snipe EA with that cunty tweet saying: "We'll leave greed to others" while The Witcher 3 released with 2 $30 DLC content packs.

Each of those "content" packs contained more content than most full priced EA games. It certainly contained more content than all of SWBF2. Blood and Wine is larger by itself than many full RPGs released. So, should they have released them for 4 dollars or something? The fact they released for 30 bucks is AMAZING. In fact, the fact you could get both for a season pass is amazing. They were proper expansions, and they sold them both for a penny, essentially, considering how much was in there.

You seem to have this weird angst against people making fun at EA's expense. It's perfectly fine to admit if you work there, man.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2017, 10:34.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2017, 20:05 Creston

I'd call for something other than his resignation, but I don't want to get a visit from the FBI.

Fuck you, Ajit Pai. I hope you get hit by a septic cleaning wagon that then spills 40000 lbs of shit all over your dumb "I'm such a goddamned corporate whore" face.

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 20:01 Creston

Giggle

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow
19. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Tomorrow Nov 28, 2017, 11:57 Creston

That XP thing is so scummy, I wouldn't pick up this game if it was 5 bucks.

My new 1070ti apparently doesn't come with Destiny 2, where pretty much all other Geforces did, so I'm being spared even the free version.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
76. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 11:49 Creston

The very first PC my father and I built together, had a 30 something MB hard drive. Then I installed Wing Commander 2, and it was full, so we upgraded to a 57! MB hard drive, and I remember saying to him "We'll never fill that."

57MB. I let out farts that take up more space than that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 11:27 Creston

That bear getting hit in the nuts was so funny. He's just rolling around like "Aaaahhhhhh shiiiiiittt!"

News Comments > Square Enix on the Future of Deus Ex
4. Re: Square Enix on the Future of Deus Ex Nov 28, 2017, 10:49 Creston

So there won't be anything in the next few years, but at least maybe we'll still get SOMETHING at some point.

The annoying thing is Square's insistence that anything that doesn't sell 10 million copies is an automatic failure.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2017, 17:54 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:14:
It's the other way around with Disney having the ironclad contract with EA.
https://www.forbes.com/companies/walt-disney/
vs
https://www.forbes.com/companies/electronic-arts/

I'm not seeing anything about a contract, just market cap?

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2017, 14:02 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 12:27:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 12:21:
I wonder if that Petition is actually going to do something.. even if 1 million people signed it.

I highly doubt their contract has a clause that the license can be revoked if 1 million people sign a petition.

Haha, yeah. I'm fairly sure EA has a pretty ironclad contract with Disney. So while Disney can undoubtedly exert some influence over EA's Star Wars fiasco(s), I don't think they can just yank the license away.

Well, I mean, I'm sure they CAN, if they don't mind going to court and having to pay a shit ton of money in penalties.

News Comments > Nioh Mouse Support This Week
8. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 13:59 Creston

PHJF wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 13:04:
No mention of the most egregious bug, that of whatever backwards ass shitty video software locking the game up on startup... 50% of time I launch game I have to ctrl alt delete and restart it.

Sounds like a great port.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 27, 2017, 13:52 Creston

Strong passwords have become an oxymoron anyway. Unless you can come up with something truly unique, odds are pretty good that your password already existed in a database that has been stole somewhere. Hackers now have BILLIONS of existing passwords, so unless you feel confident you came up with something that billions of other users haven't thought of, your password is useless.

And even if you have something fantastically unique, it better be 20+ characters, because otherwise the brute-force approach will still crack it in very little time.

Passwords have failed. Time for something else.

News Comments > National Committee for Games Policy Takes on Loot Crates
3. Re: National Committee for Games Policy Takes on Loot Crates Nov 27, 2017, 13:47 Creston

So it's a lobbying group. This piece could easily read "The publishers are getting really antsy over the thought of governments taking their favorite child-gambling methods away, so they've formed a group that will write checks to the necessary congress-critters to make sure that this doesn't go anywhere."

Too bad it doesn't fall under Ajit Pai's purview, they could have had the whole thing disappear for $10. (Ajit Pai's a cheap whore, but he wants you to know that 10 bucks is the Thanksgiving discount.)

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Ajit Pai doomed in court Nov 26, 2017, 15:43 Creston

God, I fucking hope so. Just imagining the look on that dumb gangbanged-potato face of his when a judge says "No." and bangs his gavel on the platform is pure ecstasy.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Nov 26, 2017, 15:32 Creston

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 26, 2017, 00:35 Creston

I wish someone would reverse Ajit Pai's head being up his ass.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 26, 2017, 00:33 Creston

Trump supported also confused Trump with an actual human being qualified to be president, so this is understandable.

29740 Comments. 1487 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo