Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28234 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
44. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 16, 2016, 14:10 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 12:08:
I think the other thing that bugs me is the group of people most convinced the mainstream media always lies is the same group that kept defending Fox News when people called it out circa 2005-2010.

That works the other way around too, though. There are plenty of people who believe Fox News literally is the mouth piece of the devil, while blithely swallowing everything CNN, MSNBC and HuffPo say as the absolute gospel.

Every media outlet has an agenda nowadays.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2016, 14:07 Creston

So, Obama will angrily shake his fist in the rough general direction of Russia on the day he leaves the White House?

News Comments > Egosoft Plans "Real" X4
14. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 14:05 Creston

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 13:29:
That sounds exactly like what happened. Otherwise it's hard to believe how they could go seriously off the rails with such a straight forward formula. People who want space sims want the ability to acquire and fly all manner of ships...at the very least. That's like, rule number one.

Eh, I would have been okay with one ship, if

A) It looked cool, and not like a freaking box.
B) There were hundreds and hundreds of upgrades I could get for it, so I could keep spending money deep into the game. X-Rebirth literally had like 1 weapon upgrade for each slot, and most other systems didn't even have any. Within 3 hours of playing you could have maxed out your ship. Yay?

But yeah, even so, finally having enough money to buy my first Terran T2 (in X3:TC)and fully arm it was amazing. I didn't care that it was a wallowing pig to fly, I loved just going into Xenon sectors and laying absolute WASTE to everything.

It felt like a real achievement to get enough money to buy one of those.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
22. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 16, 2016, 12:31 Creston

I think they just email the list of addresses to AMD each day with the subject title "HAHAHAHA SUCK IT".

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 16, 2016, 12:29 Creston

On a similar note, goodbye, and thank you, Tom Wheeler. You were the biggest surprise in US government in decades.

You were able to stave off the "bend over and take it from Comcast/Verizon/AT&T and LIKE IT!" apocalypse for a few years.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 16, 2016, 10:40 Creston

By the end of Trump's presidency, there will basically be one internet provider for everyone, and that one provider will still bleat that "Competition keeps us honest" which our government will swallow hook line and sinker.

News Comments > Next Total War Plans
1. Re: Next Total War Plans Dec 16, 2016, 10:37 Creston

I understand they make good money off of these, and I'll never begrudge fans of the series more games they enjoy, but how on earth are the devs not getting burned out? They've literally been making the same game for... what, almost 20 years now?  

News Comments > Egosoft Plans "Real" X4
1. Re: Egosoft Plans Dec 16, 2016, 10:35 Creston

When we worked on X Rebirth we needed to make a lot of simplifications.

I wish they would finally just come out and admit that they built it for consoles, screwed up, then tried to foist it off on their existing fan base to recoup some of the money they spent.

That said, I'm cautiously excited for X4. I will not, however, ever pre-order anything from them again. X3 was already pretty badly broken when it came out, but X-Rebirth was just a fucking slap in the face. Steam should have forced them to classify it as Early Access.

20. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 16, 2016, 10:33 Creston

I didn't say it was a big deal, I was just curious why they require a login then. And they sell the email address? Really? There are businesses out there that pay for just an email address? (Since it has no other data associated with it, other than maybe "Presumably owns an Nvidia card." I mean, that makes you what, 0.00005 cents per address?

Eh :-shrug-:

The latest versions of the Geforce experience fail to install for me, so it's a bit of a moot point, but it's a curious requirement on their part.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 16, 2016, 08:53 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 20:06:
OR
A watch pot never boils.

... That's it!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 16, 2016, 08:51 Creston

93%. Hahahaha.

I'm going to put that number at 100% and feel pretty confident in doing so.

18. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Dec 16, 2016, 08:49 Creston

descender wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 18:13:
You don't have to wonder what is going on here, there is no great mystery. You can actually read the actual log file that Geforce Experience sends to nVidia.

GPU’s specs, vendor, clock speeds
monitor specs and resolution
settings for specific games
list of games and applications installed
PC specs, RAM, CPU, motherboard, and BIOS version

Zero personally identifiable information.

So why force people to log in then? Nothing in there requires it. So... just for shits and giggles?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2016, 08:47 Creston

2016 is desperately trying to cram more Suck into itself...

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Dec 15, 2016, 14:55 Creston

Unreal was simply... unreal in its day on Glide. God that game was awesome.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2016, 14:41 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 14:20:
Creston wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 14:00:
And before you say that's my ISP doing it, I have no such issues with Steam, with PS, with anything. Just with effing MS.
It does sound like your ISP though. Maybe the way the xbox gets the updates flags the process to your ISP as a torrent connection and throttle it?
Have you tried to use a VPN?
I've never had any download issues with the xbone updates.

Always at 180MB it stops though. Always. Doesn't matter the update size. 200MB? Chokes at 180. 5 GB? Chokes at 180. And it does it for nothing else.

So unless MS is actively giving me these updates through a torrent, I don't see it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2016, 14:02 Creston

Can also be read as "Congress/Senate wants more bribe money from pharma execs."

“The FBI stands ready to investigate and hold accountable those who willfully violate federal antitrust law.”

"GRRRR! TOUGH TALK! RABBLE RABBLE"

So far you fuckers have done jack shit against Shkreli, just like he predicted you would. But sure, keep posturing and acting tough. Then go back to spying on the American people.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 15, 2016, 14:01 Creston

NKD wrote on Dec 15, 2016, 13:45:
Trump has got to be the most thin skinned piece of shit alive. He takes literally everything personally and is super vindictive.

Great qualities in a President according to some folks.

Yeah it'll be a joy.

That said, I wouldn't invite Twitter to a meeting of "tech giants" either.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2016, 14:00 Creston

The thing that always irritates me about Xbone updates is that they'll go fast (filling my 24mbps connection), until they get to about 180MB left. And then they slow down. doooowwwnnnn... To like 5kb/s down. And they'll stay like that for 10-15 minutes.

And then they speed up again and finish. Every single fucking time.

And before you say that's my ISP doing it, I have no such issues with Steam, with PS, with anything. Just with effing MS.

News Comments > Shenmue III Preorders
2. Re: Shenmue III Preorders Dec 15, 2016, 13:58 Creston

but they say this is by popular demand

{Obligatory}
Adam Jensen: I didn't ask for this
{/obligatory}

News Comments > Todd Howard Tapped for AIAS Hall of Fame
6. Re: Todd Howard Tapped for AIAS Hall of Fame Dec 14, 2016, 15:14 Creston

It's always a little silly to give a single guy the honors, when it's his entire team's effort, but even so, it's well-deserved.

28234 Comments. 1412 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo