Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29641 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Titan Quest Ragnarök Released
3. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 18:44 Creston

Who are you?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 17, 2017, 18:39 Creston

Were you guys trying to gouge the living fuck out of your customers and bleed them of every single penny possible, while pretending that it was "for the best of the game?"

No? Then you did it better than EA did.

Also, Rainbow Six is not Star Wars.

News Comments > Titan Quest Ragnarök Released
1. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 18:38 Creston

Shitty CGI garbage trailer, no gameplay, no announcement of this before release. Ten year old game that was left in a broken-as-fuck state after its first expansion (with the rubberbanding bullshit.)

Sounds like a winner!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 15:33 Creston

The grind and loot box bullshit would have turned me off already, but the main gameplay hook is just boring as hell to me.

Spawn, run 30 seconds to area where people are fighting. Randomly either see your enemies or not (Seriously, why the hell is this? I see this in every video I've watched. Sometimes the enemies show up, and other times they don't). Spend 30 seconds finding something to shoot. Shoot a few times at an enemy who is 99% likely to be unaware of you. Get killed by an enemy you were unaware of. Respawn. Run 30 seconds to an area where people are fighting. Spend 30 seconds finding something to shoot. Kill a guy. Get a few battle points. Get killed. Respawn. etc etc etc.

Ars' review did summarize it well. The game offers no real tactical options, and the few buffing powers etc that are on offer give NO BP. You only get BP for shooting people, so that's what everyone's doing, because people are trying to get enough BP to buy a hero. So everything just turns into a murder gallery.

They should just make a PUBG star wars mode.

The single player mode is 5 hours, nearly 2 hours of which are cutscenes (as evidenced by the "All the cutscenes!" videos on Youtube.) so it's three hours.

I may get it for 10 bucks at some point, but honestly, I think I'll just forget this exists. Just another fucking waste of what could have been a fantastic Star Wars game, courtesy of EA. Thanks EA. You truly have the leper's touch.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 15:29 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:22:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:11:
It's "dark and gritty." Inquisitive

Also, what was the last Zack Snyder joint in which dozens of people didn't die?
Batman v Superman was 2 hours of my life that I will never get back.
Also gonna skip Justice League.

2 hours? Did you show up late? That shit ran for THREE HOURS...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 10:22 Creston

OMG TEH DOGES *does no work for the rest of the day*

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 17, 2017, 09:12 Creston

Dacote wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 18:23:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 14:55:
Governor Trudeau is a good man!
Everyone in America wishes he was the President of the United States.

At this point I would take a corpse to be president instead of Drumpf.

Any Functional Adult 2020!

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 17, 2017, 09:08 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 08:11:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 01:42:
Most angry Bob Iger is

It wasn't EA that made the decision to turn off the lootcrate money machine.

Earlier today, Electronic Arts chief executive officer Andrew Wilson had a phone call with The Walt Disney Company chief executive Bob Iger about Star Wars: Battlefront II, according to sources familiar with the situation. A few hours after that call, players are finding out that they can no longer make in-game purchases with real money.

The last thing Disney needs is a bunch of negative press around their soon to be released Star Wars movie.
/and thread
Occam's razor strikes again.

I was wondering if Disney was eventually going to say something. You know they can't be happy that nothing but negative bullshit in association with Star Wars has been happening for the last week+.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled
7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Real-Money Transactions Disabled Nov 16, 2017, 23:28 Creston

This is the ONLY fucking way we'll ever get publisher to give up on this horseshit. By complaining loudly, and NOT BUYING THEIR FUCKING BULLSHIT LOOTBOX GAMES.

Oooh, I'd love to see the looks of utter anguish on the faces of all the poor EA suits today. "But... but... WHAT ABOUT OUR MONIES??!!!"

Fuck you. Next game, just build a great game, and stop trying to fucking squeeze every last goddamned penny out of your customers, you miserable fucking cocksheds.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2017, 21:03 Creston

I truly hope Ajit Pai gets ass cancer.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 16, 2017, 16:56 Creston

Instead what's gonna happen, Walmart, is that your customers will just go to Amazon et al.

But hey, good business thinking there! Thumbsup

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 16, 2017, 10:09 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 22:08:
It's dangerous to allow a barely trained ape to operate a motor vehicle in the first place.

The funniest part of "Distracted Driving" laws is that there is no other kind of driving involving humans. I've started attempting mindfulness meditation recently, and I've discovered humans are absurdly bad at focusing their attention. Even keeping my thoughts focused on a single thing for 5-10 seconds is a Herculean task.

Thank the internet for that. (seriously.)

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
15. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Nov 16, 2017, 10:07 Creston

AC Origins runs smooth as shit on my ancient-ass rig with a 2500K and a 970 @1080p. I only drop below 40fps in Memphis, with everything set to High and quite a few settings (can't remember which off the top of my head, I know environment detail, water, character detail and a few others) set as high as they will go. Shadows set to Medium.

Most places it's an easy 50-60fps.

Weird that so many people have issues (well, not weird, it's an Ubisoft Kiev production, so...) and it runs so well on my system that was literally built in the same age as the game is set.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2017, 20:34 Creston

Anything you do other than actually focusing on driving is a distraction and therefore dangerous. But God forbid 99% of the fucking drivers these days have to take some fucking responsibility for the 4000lbs speeding lethal object they're operating.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana
14. Re: Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana Nov 15, 2017, 16:42 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 12:46:
The exception being that fishing Dreamcast game, if you had the fishing controller. For some reason that was hysterical to have in a corner at parties.

Well yeah. Anything in a party that can make other people laugh at what you're doing is going to be fun. This is why Dance Dance Central or whatever the hell it was called was such a hit.

It was fun because the other people made it fun. Nobody ever fired up that fucking fishing game by themselves.

ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME, UBI? NOBODY GIVES A SHIT WHAT PEOPLE IN MONTANA DO, DON'T FORCE ME TO FUCKING FISH.

13. Re: Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana Nov 15, 2017, 16:40 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 11:30:

So I take it you're not a fisher Creston?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 12:35 Creston

We're only on the second notice? I would have thought that the final bill had been sent years ago.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2017, 12:15 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:03:

As an aside, does anybody have any recommendations for a good VGA manufacturer? I bought EVGA for my 970 as I had always had a good experience with them prior to the 970 but I had to fix the mounting on the thermal solution as it was way the hell off base. I would prefer not to go through that again. I had an MSI 480 once a long time ago and that was a pretty solid card. Are they still a solid brand?

MSI gets my vote. Their TwinFrozr / WhateverFrozr design is rock fucking solid and super quiet.

9. Re: Far Cry 5 Shows off Virtual Montana Nov 15, 2017, 10:57 Creston

It sure does look purdy.

But please, for the love of God, don't MAKE me do the damn fishing shit. I'm fine with it being there, but please make it completely optional. Don't force me to catch 10 trout to craft a fucking wallet, or I'm out.

Fishing games are ALWAYS stone-cold boring as shit, no matter how detailed they make the "simulation" or whatever. Because fishing itself is boring as shit.

If not, then at least let me just chuck a bar of dynamite into a pond and get 10 fish that way.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 15, 2017, 10:50 Creston

Eccentric wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:27:
Anyone else get a BitcoinMiner exploit blocked (hopefully) by your AV when you go to the SW:BF2 gameplay article?

Eek. Thanks for the headsup.

29641 Comments. 1483 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo