Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28737 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 10:54 Creston

Clearly we need to exterminate all spiders BEFORE they figure out they can eat all of us.

I say we take off and nuke the planet from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists
2. Re: Videogame Hall of Fame Finalists Mar 29, 2017, 10:52 Creston

If I had a ballot, I'd put Donkey Kong, FF7, Solitaire and Myst in there.

Donkey Kong was probably one of the most iconic arcade cabinets of all time.

FF7 was groundbreaking at the time it came out, with the way it used polygons and 3d scenery, and it ushered in a new age of games.

Solitaire has been played by roughly 7 billion people.

And Myst, for whatever reason, was an iconic game that shifted umpteen million PCs.

The rest were good games (in many cases better than the four previously listed), but really didn't have that much of an influence or were just iterations on stuff that came before.

I could be persuaded for a case for Wii sports.

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
9. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 28, 2017, 22:17 Creston

How are you guys getting 13 and 8 bucks from GOG??? It's showing 20 for me...

News Comments > Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown?
7. Re: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition Countdown? Mar 27, 2017, 21:43 Creston

Has anyone played the BG enhanced editions? Were they any good?

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 27, 2017, 19:08 Creston

Wander across one of Andromeda's worlds before terraforming its hazards and SAM will warn you repeatedly for entering and then exiting an area of slight cold, heat, or radioactivity. This will happen every time you enter one of these areas, and then every time you leave.

Ugh, don't fucking remind me. It's been a blessing to be on a planet with no environmental hazards. How on God's green earth did NOBODY fucking mention this in testing, Bioware? Or did Mac just sit there with his dick in his ears again, pretending he knew best?

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 27, 2017, 12:16 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 11:00:
Gamestop being a giant pile of shit with terrible prices probably also had something to do with it.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. "Gamestop's shitty customer service killed 150 Gamestop stores."

Let's all shed a tear for poor, poor Gamestop. While you're doing that, would you like to pre-order a Scorpio, or trade in your copy of Zelda for $6 in "get pissed in your mouth and like it" credits?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 20:26 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 19:19:
Millions of people across the globe are eating "beaver butt" and don't even know that they're consuming such a substance.

Oh goddamn, AZ, I did not need to know that!

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
1. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 26, 2017, 12:31 Creston

Looks cool, would depend heavily on price whether I'll get it. And since Blizzard has been about MO MONEY in everything lately, I'm fairly worried it's going to be expensive.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2017, 10:54 Creston

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 01:38:
Dirwulf wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 23:35:
Sempai wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 22:28:
As far as i'm aware Amazon doesn't have a presence here in Utah, and we're paying tax on every transaction.. How does that work?

You can blame your local government for that:

"Effective January 1, 2017, the Internet sales behemoth will begin collecting Utahís state sales tax. Itís part of an agreement between Amazon and the Utah State Tax Commission. Amazon will collect both Utahís 4.7 percent sales tax rate and local option sales taxes, the commission has said. "

FOUR POINT SEVEN?! And you're complaining?! It's more than double that here. >:/

Last I checked, sales tax was 21% in the Netherlands, so it could always be significantly worse.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Images?
8. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Images? Mar 25, 2017, 22:42 Creston

"We didn't make a billion dollars with the last CoD, it MUST be the setting! Quick, go back to WW2, I'm sure people aren't tired of that yet!"

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2017, 17:09 Creston

In OK, we've had to pay tax on Amazon sales for years, but always with work from my end. Fuck that noise. If you want me to pay tax on shit, add it into the price and let the seller deal with sending that to the government. You know, the way it works EVERYWHERE.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Mar 25, 2017, 17:06 Creston

Cool article. Amazing that he turned down royalties on the games, thinking they wouldn't sell anything. That's probably cost him a sweet few million bucks...

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
68. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 13:49 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 19:14:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 19:10:
Look on the bright side; no matter how the actual game turns out, this whole experience will end up as a PhD level topic for some psychologist's case study. "Why did so many people continue to give money for no discernable return, for so long?"

id be willing to bet there will be at least one book written on this..

"The Star Citizen Welfare Program: How tens of thousands of people around the world kept donating money to keep ~ 300 people employed."

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch
28. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 17:39 Creston

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 16:34:
Thanks for all your replies guys
ME3 isn't on Steam either, presumably for the same reason.

Yup. The only reason ME2 is on Steam is because it was sold on Steam originally and EA didn't want to deal with removing it while 90% of its player base owns that game on Steam.

Everything since then has been Origin only.

News Comments > StarCraft II Skins Previewed
8. How the average meeting at blizzard goes: Mar 24, 2017, 17:36 Creston

"Money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money..."

*deep sigh*

"money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money. Did I leave anything out?"

"Sir, what about the money?"

"Oh shitz! Money money money money"

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2017, 14:49 Creston

yonder wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 13:54:
Please ignore ME1 and ME2 as examples of what happens when you put forth the effort as we were under different management then. Thank you.

EA owned them for ME2.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2017, 14:47 Creston

They just couldn't be arsed. Oh, but animations cost money!

This whole "they ran out of time" thing is bullshit anyway, as

A) They had five fucking years.
B) Ryder is often one of the least animated characters. Since Ryder is the one I'm staring at the whole time, maybe at least do THAT one?

So yeah, no. Nice try making a former employee attempt to take the heat off, Bioware, but it doesn't fly.

Obligatory: Game is still lots of fun anyway.
Obligatory: Witcher 3 did it with an algorithm and it looks fucking amazing.

Somewhere at Bioware, someone is reading that pcgamer article, and this section in particular

CD Projekt wanted decisions in The Witcher 3 to feel meaningful, and for them to feel meaningful players needed to form emotional attachments with the characters. They wanted to be able to sell drama by showing it, not by telling you up front a scene was supposed to be emotional. Writing 101, essentially.

and is going "WUH???" Drool

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2017, 15:02.

21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 08:46 Creston

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 04:31:
Game still isn't available here on Steam (central Europe). I even searched for it. Nothing. It's not even mentioned.

Not that I cared much because there is nothing I despise more in a game than paid micro-transactions, and MEA has them all...

It won't ever come to Steam. It also has exactly one micro transaction that's completely optional.

6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 00:24 Creston

1badmf wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 23:10:
what the fuck? most people who are going to play this haven't beaten it yet, but htey're releasing time-limited MP story missions? i cant play this shit cuz i dno't want the SP campaign spoiled!

They're separate missions that only marginally tie in with the SP campaign. There will be no spoilers.

1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 23, 2017, 21:28 Creston

KROGAN HAMMER!

It'll be interesting to see these missions.

28737 Comments. 1437 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo