Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27845 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
31. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 15:27 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 13:20:
Would this be a function of the developer or valve? I think it's developer scope so it would be difficult to enforce since the developer could say that these range of algorithm keys are for steam but they could give them away.

Remember, most of these fake reviews are done to sell more titles, not to commit review terrorism onto other games

I think Valve gives you keys to give out to other people. Similarly, Valve gives keys to publishers for them to sell, which is how GMG gets their stuff. I would imagine Valve is behind every key generated? In which case it shouldn't be too hard for them to generate different sets of keys that denote what they are and for what purpose they were given to third parties.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 13:08 Creston

Stay away from the Galaxy, as it's stupidly overpriced (got an S7 through work, not worth the ridiculous 750 dollar price tag) and stay FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR away from LG, as that's just a terrible, terrible phone. (it was my previous phone, and a giant pile of dog poop.)

20. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 13:06 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 11:42:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 11:07:
How the fuck is this a good thing? If you own the game, reguardless of where you purchased it your review should count.

If you can come up with a better way of blocking fake reviews, please post it. It's a very hard problem to solve everywhere on the internet right now.

Different keys? GMG and other resellers get one type of key, free dev keys are a different type of key.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 13, 2016, 10:48 Creston

Speaking of Bioshock, 2K support hooked me up with a Steam key for Bioshock based off of a picture of the case and CD. No hassle whatsoever. Many kudos to them!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 13, 2016, 10:47 Creston

Wow, by Congress' standards, this passed in absolutely no time flat. Amazing. Congress critters did something good!

7. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 10:46 Creston

I rarely review games anyway, but if I buy a Steam key on GMG, I am now suddenly no longer worthy of reviewing and adding to the review scores?

:-shrug-: whatever.

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
9. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 13, 2016, 08:55 Creston

He always did great as Thrall's voice.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 21:50 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 17:16:
Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 15:33:
No, it ends. Goes back to menu afterward. Twice during the game you get a warning that proceeding will kill all side missions, so do not ignore those warnings

Yeah, I heard about the warnings and am currently hunting a few down...I think my first playthrough is just going to be main story and as many as I can find, and then NG+ will be me going Axel Foley in every single thing I come across.

Haha. I just watched Beverly Hills Cop again last night, for probably the first time in 25 years, so that's very topical.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12
30. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Patch Adds DX12 Sep 12, 2016, 21:49 Creston

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 19:59:
Anyone else notice that David Sarif's voice is off? It's like they replaced him with the most silly sounding voice actor I've ever heard of. Other than that and the weird lip syncing, this game is amaze-balls.

Edit: grammar.

It's a different voice actor, yes.

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 15:33 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 09:56:
Creston wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 09:52:
My final time spent was 54 hours, and I'm pretty sure I didn't find everything. (especially Breach software and triangle codes, I'm still missing a lot of those.)

Since you finished: One the story wraps up, does the game finish immediately (and you have to start NG+) or can you explore post story?

Thanks!

No, it ends. Goes back to menu afterward. Twice during the game you get a warning that proceeding will kill all side missions, so do not ignore those warnings

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
22. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 12, 2016, 09:55 Creston

Final nail in the coffin for Xbone? Really? Most people seem pretty underwhelmed with the Neo, so now they're waiting to see what Scorpio is going to deliver. I think MS is feeling pretty damn good right now.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 12, 2016, 09:52 Creston

I finally finished it yesterday and (spoilers) I really don't understand the "it ends after 3/4 of the game!" complaints. The story really starts with the bombing of the Prague station, and by the end of it, you've found who did it, and stopped the passage of the Human Restoration Act, which was a major threat to Augmented citizens, and a major goal of the Illuminati.

What where all these players expecting, that you were going to roll in and take out Morgan Everett and Bob Page and Joseph Manderley??

All in all, I think it's a great game. It's a slightly smaller scope than HR, but still far reaching, the story is good, the missions are fun, the levels are great, the combat is good, the sneaking is good. It's a worthy entry in the Deus Ex series.

My final time spent was 54 hours, and I'm pretty sure I didn't find everything. (especially Breach software and triangle codes, I'm still missing a lot of those.)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
14. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 10, 2016, 15:05 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:20:
What I really wonder though is whether quantum computers are actually compatible hardware or if it's really a whole new platform, like the difference between "cell" and "x86-64" aka, absolutely 100% different architecture, with different compilers and drivers and everything.

It is completely different.

Or can a quantum CPU work like a regular x86-64 ?

Nope. They do completely different things. Or rather I should say, they are both good at completely different things. (caveat: For now. No idea what the future holds, but for now quantum computing works along totally different lines and concepts than regular PCs.)

Is there any chance we'll see hybrid CPU's that have a normal and quantum CPU ?

Ehhhh... I guess theoretically you could probably make something that has both, but it's not as if they'd be working together. You'd basically have a case that is both a PC and a QC that you can work individually. I'm not sure there'd ever really be a point to it.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
20. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 10, 2016, 13:57 Creston

Retired wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 11:57:
Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:01:
Turns out I have the first Bioshock as a separate physical game, and the other 2 on Steam. I'm probably shit out of luck to get the Remastered version for free.

Cant you just put your code into Steam? I think that is what I did.

I tried that, it didn't work.

17. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 10, 2016, 09:23 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:31:
If you don't get the copy i wouldn't sweat it.
From what I've seen the pc remastered rereleased version don't look that different from the original, another reason why it's probably free if you own the game (providing you have the receipt of course)

Yeah, that's probably true as well. I've put in a ticket with 2K to see if they can convert my physical copy. We'll see how it goes. Thanks to all who recommended that

16. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 10, 2016, 09:22 Creston

Acleacius wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:38:
Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:01:
Turns out I have the first Bioshock as a separate physical game, and the other 2 on Steam. I'm probably shit out of luck to get the Remastered version for free.
Found it at Humble for just $1 more than the lowest Steam price. I didn't even check those sites, we can't link in case you would rather get it from them.

Thanks man

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2016, 21:15 Creston

Beamer wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 10:03:
Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 09:35:
Funny. It used to be that if you committed identity theft, you'd just go to jail, but for a banker that's just par for the course, and you just get fired for it?

Oh come on. "Banker?" You're intentionally using a word with one implication - a highly paid white collar wall street worker involved in large transactions that can have a big impact on the economy, to describe bank tellers.

Bank tellers are not bankers. They're retail employees. It requires a high school diploma and pays, on average, $25,000 per year. Acting like they're part of some high powered scheme is insulting, both to them and to those involved in the high powered scheme.

Stop whining, Beamer. 5300 people who worked for a bank were involved in this shit, so I called them "banker" as in "a person who works for the bank." The fact that they were low level asshats makes it even more ridiculous that they didn't go to fucking jail. You try stealing someone's identity and see if you just get fired.

11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 9, 2016, 21:12 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 19:22:
Ok that's cool and all, but will it run Crysis?

Yes. At 40fps on High.

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 9, 2016, 21:12 Creston

ForgedReality wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 15:44:
Is there even any evidence yet that we're any closer to having REAL quantum computing and not just some half-way, faked, bullshit version that isn't really using quantum physics?

There are plenty of reports available on actual quantum computers that currently exist.

I think a lot of people just think of quantum computers as "Like my PC, but a trillion times faster!" which is not what they do/are. (yet. I think that will come probably in 20-30 years.)

But they exist, and they work within the confines of their initial design specification. And there are certain things that they are absurdly faster at than a normal computer.

Now, if you mean proof as in, can we walk up to a place right now and see one, then no. But it would seem kind of silly to assume every single one of these stories are made up. What would be the point of lying about it?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. PS4 mod support Sep 9, 2016, 21:05 Creston

Dang, that's a pretty big slap in the face for PS4 owners who initially got promised they'd get mods.

Sony is making just one dumb decision after another these days.

27845 Comments. 1393 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo