Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29484 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2017, 14:21 Creston

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 14:18:
Whoa! Holy shit! One of our CF-18s just blasted over my house. Goddamn it was loud and he was booking it. He must have been coming out of CFB Boden. Whoa, even as I'm typing this another one just roared by. I know this might not be unusual for those of you in the US, but it's unusual here in the extreme!

Edit: Whoa either another one just went by or one of them is circling. It was pretty low and goddamn they are just monstrously loud, had to plug my ears. I wonder what's going on.

KIM JONG UN IS COMING!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC
10. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC Oct 20, 2017, 14:16 Creston

SirKnight wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 11:51:
StringFellow wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 11:26:
I guess you’ve never owned a Jeep. As an example, why is it that the the Jeep Wrangler has one of the highest resell values of any car???

Yep. That dude is obviously just taking one example of a bad car (which ALL brands will have from time to time) and blowing it up out of proportion. I've seen morons do that so many times it becomes pretty obvious now.

Not surprising seeing his comment history. There are some on this site that really make me wonder...

Don't worry about it, moron, JD Power's 2017 reliability rating safely trumps your anecdotal presumption.

Dodge, Jeep and Fiat are 4th worst, 2nd worst and worst, respectively. Since it's all the same company (FCA), I'm going to go with them being pretty damn unreliable.

But keep wondering there, champ.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
23. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 13:52 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 13:04:
Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 10:07:
It seems like a big list, but most of them are small issues for pretty niche setups.

This one, however Closing Application: When closing Destiny 2 on PC, players must close the application via mouse input. Controllers cannot select the in-game button to close the Destiny 2 application. is just freaking nuts.

I've seen that in a few other multi-platform games, there is no reason for them to implement a "close application" button for consoles because you just back out to the home menu when you're done. So when they put in a little X or whatever to exit on PC, it has to be clicked. FWIW, using a controller on PC somewhere away from the mouse connected to it is also a pretty niche setup.

I wasn't saying it was a big deal, it just seemed super odd that you can't even "click" the exit option with a controller. Though your explanation does make sense.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 20, 2017, 10:08 Creston

That's a great promotion there, AT&T.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
2. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 10:07 Creston

It seems like a big list, but most of them are small issues for pretty niche setups.

This one, however Closing Application: When closing Destiny 2 on PC, players must close the application via mouse input. Controllers cannot select the in-game button to close the Destiny 2 application. is just freaking nuts.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. iPhone 8 Oct 20, 2017, 10:05 Creston

Part of me wants to say "People have finally learned to stop giving Apple 800 dollars every year for literally just the same phone with some teensy tiny bit faster hardware?" but in reality it's just because they're all waiting for the X and are salivating at the thought of handing over a thousand+ dollars.

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC
1. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC Oct 20, 2017, 10:02 Creston

Jeep and Dodge are not standard in car simulator 2018??? They're some of the most unreliable pieces of shit on the road. A car mechanic can become a millionaire off fixing Jeep issues.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout
14. Re: Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout Oct 20, 2017, 08:45 Creston

Cutter wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 17:56:
I'd say they're putting in substantial enough work that justifies the cost of the DLC. It isn't as if it's Bethsoft charging $10 for fucking horse armor.

I agree with the sentiment, but I think horse armor sold for 2.99

News Comments > Dawn of War III Content Update & Free Weekend
1. Re: Dawn of War III Content Update & Free Weekend Oct 20, 2017, 08:43 Creston

and the removal of the Skull currency system

Skull currency system? Let me guess, microtransactions?

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2017, 16:43 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 16:02:
Also, don't forget that certain genres are almost always single player or primarily so like strategy. Civ, Stellaris, Cities: Skylines, Offworld TC, Total Warhammer, XCom, Endless Space, Homeworld: Deserts, all AAA games released over the past couple of years.

It's dead. DEAD I TELL YA.

There was a time when Gamasutra wrote decent articles. Now it's IGN level clickbait trash.

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
9. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 12:16 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 10:57:
If a patch falls in the woods and no one is there to download it, does the Pope shit in his hat?

I... but... err...

https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-y7kvOYLzas6Ag

7. Re: Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout Oct 19, 2017, 12:15 Creston

El Pit wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 12:00:
Because of the amount of DLCs that came out since release.

Sure, but their players are asking for that (like literally, in the forums.) It's not as if the game is incomplete without it, imo.

4. Re: Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout Oct 19, 2017, 11:46 Creston

El Pit wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 11:39:
I supported these guys by buying the base game early, but this flood of DLCs is close to that train game. Sorry, won't buy further DLCs and will be happy with the base game or will buy a complete edition in a few years or so. I am simply no fan of nickel and diming and will never support this approach.

Nevertheless, the base game alone is great and I don't feel I am missing out on something.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but if the base game is great, why do you feel these DLCs/expansions are nickle and diming you? I mean, especially in this one, there is a TON of content, they obviously spent a lot of hours into developing it?

Btw, the DLCs usually go on sale pretty heavily during Steam sales.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Selling 4M "Wasn't Enough"
30. Re: Dead Space 2 Selling 4M Oct 19, 2017, 10:25 Creston

Nailbender wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 09:46:
The real Bioware, Bioware as we knew it, is long gone already, but the way Andromeda was handled was pretty much the final nail in their coffin.

I don't really agree. Edmonton is still there, they made ME2 and ME3 which I thought were awesome (ME3's ending notwithstanding, and they even fixed that). It's Edmonton that's making Anthem.

I now fully realize that EA are indeed the bane of the gaming industry. When ALL that matters is money (and only huge amounts of it), absolutely nothing else.

All big publishers are this way now. The stock market is the bane of mankind.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 19, 2017, 10:12 Creston

No no no, Frontier customers. You are not being overcharged. You were just 'mispriced' earlier. Rolleyes

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2017, 10:11 Creston

"AAA single player games are dying. Let me list two of the greatest successes released just this past year to prove my entire point is nonsense!"

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
2. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 10:08 Creston

Ranked mode! Play now, and you, yes YOU, can be in the top 10 worldwide!

1. Re: Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout Oct 19, 2017, 10:06 Creston

Cool

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2017, 10:00 Creston

I love how gamesindustry.biz (aka publishersmarketingmouthpiece.biz) realllly quickly turns the word loot boxes into microtransactions.

Microtransactions are already bad enough, but at least it's a direct sale. You want that weapon, you pay 2 dollars for it. With loot boxes, you want that weapon? Buy 7000 loot boxes, and hope RNG will give it to you.

A loot box is a microtransaction (MT) with a big fucking middle finger to you, the customer.

In any case, the very existence of MTs, and even worse, loot boxes, encourages dev to turn their game into a mindless, monotonous grind. If there were no MTs, then weapons would be attainable through normal gameplay without too much difficulty. After all, they spent time on developing and implementing it, they're gonna want you to get it and play with it. (Unless the dev in question is Gearbox, then they make sure that you never see 99% of all the coolest weapons in their game. I wish a bookie would take money on Borderlands 3 having loot boxes out the ass.)

With MTs, they're going to make sure that it's NOT easy to get that weapon, because if there's no enticement, then people will not spend money. So no matter how much the fucking publishers bleat that it's "optional", the entire game will have been skewed towards it, even if only ever-so-slightly.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 16:09 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 15:47:
HUBBAHUBBA GOTTA UNWRAP MY DONGHOSE FROM MY SHOULDER AND GET ME DAT ASS.

Marshawn?

29484 Comments. 1475 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo