Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27300 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
17. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 15:59 Creston

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 08:32:
Caladell wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 23:50:
I don't have the DLC's yet, and not sure when I'll end up getting them. Should they be completed after the main game? Or are they more like a go-ahead-and-do-it-whenever-you-want kind of thing?

Ditto. Would a new playthrough be encouraged at all with the DLC packs?

There's nothing stopping you, of course, but it's not necessary. You can easily play both DLCs with a Geralt who has already finished the main quest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
16. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 15:58 Creston

Caladell wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 23:50:
I don't have the DLC's yet, and not sure when I'll end up getting them. Should they be completed after the main game? Or are they more like a go-ahead-and-do-it-whenever-you-want kind of thing?

Heart of Stone can easily be done during the main game (though it's high level and you'll be near the end before you are powerful enough to tackle it anyways). In fact, one of the rewards that (SPOILER) Gaunter O'Dimm can give you is the answers to the choices you will face with Ciri.

I would advise doing Blood&Wine after the main W3 quest is over. Story-wise it just works much better even if mechanically there's nothing stopping you from flip-flopping. Also, things in Blood&Wine fairly quickly ramp up to level 40+ (or 70+ on NG+) and that's a level you'll likely not reach during W3 itself.

Warning, if you do both DLCs and then return for the W3 main quest, you will be so hideously overleveled it actually stops being funny.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
21. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 9, 2016, 15:54 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 09:09:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 00:20:
Also, no interest in the Breach thing... I don't really understand why it's there.

A few reasons:

*[It's more content]*

*[People like digestible challenges to repeat and master.]*

*[It will likely force people to play a way they otherwise wouldn't and experience aspects of the game they otherwise wouldn't]*

*[Some of the devs had free time while other aspects of the game were polished and tweaked, and this gave them a way to keep busy and create valuable content while they waited on other parts.]*

And, of course, the REAL reason it's there:

So Marketing Could Have Another Check Mark On The Damn Box.

News Comments > On DOOM Multiplayer
26. Re: On DOOM Multiplayer Jun 9, 2016, 15:49 Creston

But John also just happens to be our internal lead programmer on SnapMap, so he's very busy."

Rubbish! Clearly the man can easily work 22 hour days!

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free DLC
7. Re: Cities: Skylines Free DLC Jun 9, 2016, 15:47 Creston

and comes with all of the benefits (NONE) and challenges (BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF TAX PAYER MONEY) of hosting major sporting events in their citizensí backyard.

The public stadium scam is one of the biggest fucking crimes in white collar history.

On topic, Yay Colossal Order / Paradox, and thank you for the free DLC

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed
4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Breach Mode Revealed Jun 8, 2016, 22:53 Creston

*Obligatory*

"I didn't ask for this."

News Comments > TRON RUN/r Demo
9. Re: TRON RUN/r Demo Jun 8, 2016, 18:12 Creston

That looks truly godawful.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November
20. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 17:49 Creston

siapnar wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:23:
Creston wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:02:
Not sure how good a weapon a billiard ball on a string is... Sure, it'd hurt, but it's not an incapacitation weapon.

The driving still looked pretty awful though...
A poll ball going 80kmph at your temple. Pretty good chance you'd die from that.

IF it hits your temple, sure. Pretty dang hard to aim that weapon though, so more likely you'd sock a guy in the face, and hurt him, or hit him in the shoulder, and make him go "ow" before he guts you with a knife.

Let's put it this way, there's a reason nobody is using that as an actual weapon.

11. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 15:03 Creston

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:42:
I suspect this will be like Prototype where they replaced the main character from the first one because people complained he wasn't likeable. Then the 2nd game had an even worse main character.

I don't think it's possible to get a worse character than that douchenozzle from Watch Dogs 1.

10. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 15:02 Creston

Looks good. I'm excited. I'll wait for some good word of mouth, but I can see myself playing this. The city looks great, and I think the main character and the dedsec angle is pretty interesting. I like his two drones, should be fun for some cool viewpoints if nothing else. Not sure how good a weapon a billiard ball on a string is... Sure, it'd hurt, but it's not an incapacitation weapon.

The driving still looked pretty awful though...

Here's hoping it'll be great!

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Released
19. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Released Jun 8, 2016, 13:53 Creston

I got it as I really, REALLY enjoyed the beta (and loved the first one as well.) Haven't played yet, since I want to finish Blood & Wine first.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed?
6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed? Jun 7, 2016, 19:51 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 18:21:
Creston wrote on Jun 7, 2016, 17:34:
SF is a fun town as a setting, so I hope they fix the absolutely abysmal looking driving (especially on motorcycles) for WD2.

That was my biggest gripe as to why I couldn't get into it. Worse driving I've playing in a game, even worse than GTA4.

I never even played it because of that. I saw a video of a motorcycle slamming into a car, and the guy just stayed seated on the bike even though he spin like 16000 times and slammed into a wall. It was retarded. It looked like Outrun back in the 90s.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed?
4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 SF Setting and November Release Revealed? Jun 7, 2016, 17:34 Creston

SF is a fun town as a setting, so I hope they fix the absolutely abysmal looking driving (especially on motorcycles) for WD2.

News Comments > Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released
60. Re: Witcher III: The Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Released Jun 6, 2016, 23:39 Creston

Quboid wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 22:33:
The Witcher 3 is just a Hearthstone clone with a ridiculously elaborate front-end.

Shakefist

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Free Arizona Expansion Released
1. Re: American Truck Simulator Free Arizona Expansion Released Jun 6, 2016, 23:36 Creston

That's really cool of them. This isn't a company that's swimming in money, so for them to release something like this is awesome.

It also sure is purdy.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard
7. Re: Jay Wilson Leaves Blizzard Jun 6, 2016, 23:35 Creston

Bye turdsack. Hopefully nobody will buy your books.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Countdown
13. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Countdown Jun 6, 2016, 23:34 Creston

PHJF wrote on Jun 6, 2016, 23:09:
No Sleeping Dogs 2 but we are getting this shit?

They made a sleeping dogs 2, sort of. It was in open beta for awhile. Some kind of weird mp triad warfare thing. Fucking clueless gimp publishers going "hey, you know what made the first game well liked? Well, let's do exactly NOTHING like that for the second one! Oh, and make it a F2P MP game!"

To be fair, that wasn't Ubisoft that did that.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Countdown
1. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Countdown Jun 6, 2016, 19:16 Creston

Prepare to be absolutely blown away by graphics beyond your comprehension, only to have the final game look like Spelunky.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Craigslist Jun 6, 2016, 19:15 Creston

What.The.Shit.

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Announced
7. Re: Agents of Mayhem Announced Jun 6, 2016, 19:12 Creston

Hope it's good.

27300 Comments. 1365 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo