Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30154 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Adds Free Game Mode
4. Re: Dying Light Adds Free Game Mode Mar 30, 2018, 09:12 Creston

Ugh, another "do it as fast as you can or you get jack shit!" mode. Yay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
21. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 21:12 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 29, 2018, 17:56:
According to IGN, Nordic has confirmed that it includes all DLC and that it will be a free upgrade for existing (Steam) owners.

That's really cool. Thanks Nordic!!

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 29, 2018, 16:31 Creston

Corporate mouthpiece spews corporate tripe. News at 11.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Next This Summer
13. Re: No Man's Sky Next This Summer Mar 29, 2018, 16:26 Creston

This time it will really be so awesome guyzzzzzzzzzzzz preorder naaoooo

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced
14. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Announced Mar 29, 2018, 13:46 Creston

It's a really fun game, but if all they're doing is adding some shadows, specular maps and lighting, I wouldn't give more than five bucks for it.

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1
20. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Episode 1 Mar 28, 2018, 19:32 Creston

So it's episodic now too? Fuck me.

I guess at least my 35 bucks got me near-weekly email updates that showed what a fucking trainwreck clusterfuck this has been.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 26, 2018, 11:19 Creston

We have a responsibility to protect your information. If we can’t, we don’t deserve it.”

I fixed that for you, Zuckerberg.

I also like how the supposed "opt-out" feature of this data scrounging is called "not now". Ie, it just bugs you again the next time you log in.

Eh, on the flipside, if you use Facebook, this is what you sign up for.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans
10. Re: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Launch Plans Mar 26, 2018, 10:54 Creston

El Pit wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 07:27:
What does this new Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition include?

Content

The original Neverwinter Nights campaign
Two expansion packs: Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark
Three premium modules: Kingmaker, ShadowGuard, and Witch’s Wake

Hordes of the Underdark was sooooooooooooooo freaking awesome. That alone is worth the price of admission right there.

About the only thing I really liked about NWN (besides Underdark) was how powerful you could get as a monk.

News Comments > Far Cry 5 Reviews
3. Re: Far Cry 5 Reviews Mar 26, 2018, 10:50 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 26, 2018, 10:34:
I haven't played any far cry games since 2 with their horrible respawning bases at every road junction.

Probably won't play this one but I'll watch some reviews to see if it catches my interest.

3 and 4 don't really have that problem. If you clear an outpost, it stays cleared (and actually switches sides.)

There is an option to have an outposts reconquered by the bad guys, but that's manually initiated (through the menu) by you.

3 and 4 were quite fun. I'm not so sure about this one. It'd be one thing if they just went the funny route with this, but the few videos I've seen, they're taking this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

News Comments > Open World Star Wars Game Plans?
22. Re: Open World Star Wars Game Plans? Mar 25, 2018, 16:39 Creston

Slick wrote on Mar 24, 2018, 23:41:
Also, I made a stupid video of pushing heroes off ledges on the new Bespin map that sucks and no one cares about. WANNA SEE?

https://youtu.be/2xNh4hPfopQ

Hahaha, that looked pretty damn awesome. Force push + ledges is such a simple design, I wonder why it took someone so fucking long to finally remember just how glorious it was in all the Jedi Knight games.

As for an Open World SW game, eh, it could be cool, but of course multiplayer has to be shoveled into it somewhere, because how else are you going to get people to PAY MORE MONIES???!!

:\

Just imagine Witcher 3 in the Star Wars universe, where you play a Jedi or a Sith instead of Geralt. We'll never get that, though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2018, 14:49 Creston

Fucking certs. They're the bane of our existence.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Uber Mar 22, 2018, 13:34 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 00:01:
Well, I am asking because I honestly wonder... there is no contract in place until you are in the car the driver accepted you as passenger with, before that, you can be denied access to the car for ANY reason and not saying beforehand that you NEED to transport a dog would be such a reason no?

No, that's not how it works. There does not need to be a 'contract' between two parties in order for something like the ADA to take precedence. Otherwise everyone could just refuse service to everyone and there'd never be any problem whatsoever. There'd be no discrimination laws either. "I just refused to service him because it was a full moon, not because he was black/gay/had a dog! And we never had agreed to service either!" etc.

Or is Uber handled like a bus (aka public transport) company in the US? Or does there no exist such a split?

If you provide a service to the public at large, you are not allowed to discriminate/refuse service based off of a fairly large number of criteria. People being disabled is one of those protected criteria. (While being drunk isn't, for example.)

While I understand that as a driver you'd not be happy with you car being covered in dog hair, that comes with being a driver. Don't want to deal with it? Don't be an Uber driver.

The only thing we can say here is that Uber seems to explicitly mention in their terms of service for their drivers that they are NOT allowed to refuse passage to anyone based on protected criteria, so she may not have much ammo against Uber. Against each driver individually, though? Sue away. She'll way 100% of these cases, and rightly so.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 22, 2018, 13:25 Creston

Youtube to frustrate and seduce you into never watching Youtube again, making them irrelevant in five years.

Seems like a solid business plan.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Mar 22, 2018, 13:23 Creston

The First Amendment isn't writing checks to these whores politicians, Federalist. Duh.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Remasters Axed
4. Re: Tomb Raider Remasters Axed Mar 22, 2018, 13:22 Creston

So shitty studio was told to do remasters, they made shitty demos, remasters get canceled. Not sure I see a problem with this.

4. Re: Uber Mar 21, 2018, 21:47 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 17:31:
Creston wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 16:53:
That's a blatant violation of the ADA. Burn, Uber.

Does ADA actually apply here?

Why wouldn't it? She's a person with a disability and has a service dog. Uber drivers are flat-out refusing to give her service because of said service dog. This is 100% a violation of the ADA.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Bitcoin will be the world's single currency Mar 21, 2018, 21:44 Creston

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. God almighty, someone please stop that imbecile from talking.

2. Uber Mar 21, 2018, 16:53 Creston

That's a blatant violation of the ADA. Burn, Uber.

News Comments > NVIDIA GPP Concerns Linger
17. Re: NVIDIA GPP Concerns Linger Mar 21, 2018, 16:50 Creston

So, are they going to get the anti-competitive behavior lawsuit from the DoJ, or get the sweetheart ignore? You decide!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2018, 16:40 Creston

Why is Gwyneth Paltrow not being put in jail for being the same level of fraud huckster as Shkreli?

Oh wait, I forgot, Skhreli stole from the RICH.

30154 Comments. 1508 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo