Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29494 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II
5. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 12:37 Creston

ExGemini wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 12:17:
I guess the time factor will be determined by how "well" the lootboxes scam in game will earn?

True. If not enough people gamble, they would have to increase the player base.

Come on, EA, make it ten bucks! You know you want to!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 30, 2017, 11:43 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 02:44:
Hmm, if that were the case, you wouldn't expect PUBG to be on top at all, given that it's been for sale for months.

That's the whole franchise, including consoles.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Lol, Intel Oct 30, 2017, 11:41 Creston

What's wrong, fellas? Pressure from AMD getting to you? For ten+ years you didn't really do jack shit, and now it's RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE IMPROVE PROCESS RELEASE RELEASE.

Competition is a good thing. I'm still getting a Ryzen for my next build.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II
2. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 11:39 Creston

Yeah, once I read 5-7 hours, I was like "Oh." 5-7 hours in dev speak is typically about 4-5 hours in reality, and then likely at least an hour of that is cutscenes.

10 bucks seems about right, but I think it'll take a while before it gets there, since they're doing all the content packs for free, as opposed to SWBF1 where they were paid (and almost pure profit), so they had incentive to lower the price asap to get more potential content pack customers.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 00:45 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 12:30:
In case anyone was wondering... on the day Amazon IPO'd it opened at 18 closed at 23.50 -- assume you got 100 shares at $23 each. If you managed to not sell them somewhere along the way... your $2,300 investment would now be 1,200 shares worth roughly $1.3 million.

*kicks himself*

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
61. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 30, 2017, 00:43 Creston

Trump himself, however, is still clear to threaten/browbeat/bully whomever he pleases on Twitter.  

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 30, 2017, 00:41 Creston

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:12:
Really diggin' ACO. Love just ridin' around looking at stuff. Really scratches my historian buff itch.

I'm actually quite looking forward to that "scholar mode" or whatever it's called they're gonna release next year, where you can just walk around, gawk, and learn historic facts. It should be very interesting.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 30, 2017, 00:39 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 12:19:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
the end is nigh for this flash in the pan game /s

I wonder if you combined all the Ass Creed versions, if PUBG would still be #1. Probably would.

Ha. AC has sold somewhere around 80 to 100 million copies in total (depending on which reports you happen to read). PUBG needs at LEAST another six months to get there.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
54. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 29, 2017, 14:09 Creston

Numinar wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 10:03:
Guessing it's the settlement at the foot of the 3 big Pyramids? Or the Pyramids themselves? Should be able to spot them from just about anywhere.

You are correct! Thank you.

Also, now it suddenly shows on my map! It wasn't there before...! Embarrassed :-oops-:

Here's a weird one. My primary interact button has changed from A to Left Click, all on its own. Controller layout still the same, and no matter what I do, it WILL NOT switch back to A. Anyone seen this? It's really freaking annoying

Edit: Figured it out. Turns out the "Remap keybindings" button under the keyboard section ALSO lets you rebind all the controller buttons. Remapped it to A and it works now. Weird.

53. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 29, 2017, 13:33 Creston

What driver are people using to play it? I was on an older one, and had weird graphical artifacts in Alexandria. So I updated to 38800, the recommended one, and promptly the game crashes in 15 minutes. Sigh

51. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 29, 2017, 00:12 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 00:04:
Verno is definitely right about visiting Giza. Hit up those pyramids and tombs and explore them for a nice boost of skill points without really having to fight anything.

Also your bird is an awesome replacement for the minimap. Much more interactive.

So where is Giza? I don't see anything on my map...

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
33. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 28, 2017, 22:42 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 03:18:
Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 22:32:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 21:59:
Oh well. I wasn't going to buy it anyway since I can not buy an uncensored version in my country

The fuck do you live? Uganda?

Germany, dude. They don't allow swastikas here in games but only in movies and other forms of art. Yes. Games are not art here (IMO rightfully so but that's a different topic).

Oh, right, I'd forgotten about that. I never understood why Germany did that. LEARN from your fucking history, don't try to pretend it never existed.

I don't usually pirate EVER but the Wolfensteins after RtCW had to be freebies due to the region locking bullshit.

I don't even blame you. It's just ridiculous that you have to play a gimped version because of your governments inane "WE NEVER DID THAT" horseshit.

49. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 22:38 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 17:36:
The port is weird, performance is all over the place with lots of stuttering on a 1080Ti. Playable but unacceptable and it affects the combat annoyingly.

Weird. My six year old rig with a GTX970 is playing it flawlessly with pretty much everything set to High @ 1080p/60.

Edit: It turns out to be another Ubisoft Kiev production, so shit performance for a ton of people is just par for the course, at least until like eight patches have been released.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2017, 00:14.

48. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 22:34 Creston

Qbex . wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 03:35:
So how much of the modern times/abstergo wankery is in this one exactly?
I can't stand that nonsense and made me quit early almost every other AC game bar first one and Black Flag where I persevered to the end. Is the main character likable or Arno class duchbag ?

So far it took me out of the game once to do the modern shit, it took 2 minutes and I went back in. No idea who this girl even is or whatever, since I didn't play Unity / Syndicate, and I just don't care.

Bayek is an awesome main character. He is absolutely NOT a douchebag. Really likable guy, and a great voice actor.

47. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 22:32 Creston

Fantastic game. Really, really enjoying it so far. Combat feels like a good upgrade over the old battle system (which was terrible and made you immortal from the get go), though I do feel that there's not enough leeway in levels. Something that's three levels higher than you will just gank the shit out of you. I'd have rather that had a large range, like say 7 or 8 levels or so.

Movement is better, I like that they've simplified it. So far I've yet to just stupidly jump to my death when I clearly meant to jump to a rope/wall/haybale etc.

Hunting is fun, crafting is simple but there's enough there to keep you occupied, the world is absolutely enormous and gorgeous, as well as a ton of fun to explore, and though at first I thought I'd hate the Eagle part of it, it's actually just cool and easy to use, and I like its implementation here (though the idea of an eagle being able to Hover is absurd, and I really wish they'd have come up with something better.)

Getting rid of the mini-map was a good idea. Without it, I'm finally looking at the world again, rather than that stupid little map. There are plenty of ways to find your bearings, and I don't miss it.

And finally, Bayek is a fantastic character. Abubakar Salim does an excellent job with his voice, and I just really like him. He's the best main character we've had since Ezio, and he may even be better.

As for my worry about the grind, so far it seems as if the side missions are easily enough to get you to level up for the main missions, but I do see it being an issue if someone just wanted to do the main missions. However, doing that does lead you to miss out, because they really did a good job on the mission variety and quality so far. (At least flavor text wise, I mean, in the end you're still just going places and hitting A / killing a few guys.)

If you don't like AC at all, you won't like this, but if you've enjoyed AC games in the past, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy this one as well. It's definitely the best AC game since 2.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 22:32 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 21:59:
Oh well. I wasn't going to buy it anyway since I can not buy an uncensored version in my country

The fuck do you live? Uganda?

26. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 18:30 Creston

Fuck it, Egypt looks too good. I'll grind for a bit.

Still 19% off on GMG. 49 bucks in total.

40 GB download Cry NOWICANTPLAYTONIGHT Cry

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 27, 2017, 16:17 Creston

Other than the Quarian Arc, what did they leave hanging? (I guess more behind the bad guys, whatever their name was, but eh, they were just Generic Sci Fi Villains, so I find I don't care anyway.)

Not being snarky, I just genuinely can't remember. The whole story was so forgettable.

15. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 15:48 Creston

I'm getting a little hesitant over the reports in more reviews that the game is super grindy, and it offers "Time Savers" for sale (for cash, of course.) Sounds like the thing was designed around microtransactions again.

I'll wait a few days to see how that plays out.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 27, 2017, 12:25 Creston

Also, way to stay classy, Saudi Arabia.  

29494 Comments. 1475 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo