Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27866 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided System Rift DLC
7. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided System Rift DLC Sep 24, 2016, 00:56 Creston

From some Steam reviews:
feels like a side quest that was removed from the main game if order to sell DLC,

This doesn't surprise me, as the extra mission that came with the pre-order was literally cut directly out of the game, as there are multiple references in the main game to shit that happens in that side mission.

That mission would have been excellent when added to the main game. As a side mission that integrates in no way, shape or form, it's pretty dull.

Sad to hear that this is more of the same, easy-mode "feels like it's been cut" crap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
67. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 24, 2016, 00:47 Creston

Dev wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 22:03:
Actually it doesn't make sense to refund all KS. Many of the people in the KS were first adopters type people giving positive hype, and biggest fans.
They could make it optional,

I kind of meant to imply that, but could have done so more clearly. Obviously they wouldn't just pay people back all their money. If most of those KS backers are happy and want to continue, that's less money they have to pay back.

but then they open the doors to a flood of other people outside the KS wanting refunds.

Those people likely don't have a leg to stand on though, legally. AFAIK, there were never any protections in place to donations made directly through Roberts' website?

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers
2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Sep 24, 2016, 00:44 Creston

Doggies!!!!!

59. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 18:26 Creston

descender wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 16:33:
I still don't understand why they don't just refund all the KS money and call that project dead. Can someone explain why they wouldn't do that? It's only like $3mil and completely irrelevant to the completion of the project at this point. It would seem that would save them a ridiculous amount of PR battle, most of you would have nothing left to complain about.

Yeah, that would seem to make the most amount of sense. My guess is that they just don't have that much money lying around anymore. For all how some people keep bleating "Where did all the money go???!" they employ like 300+ people. That money went to payroll and benefits.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 23, 2016, 14:53 Creston

So excited for FH3!!!!!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 23, 2016, 14:52 Creston

NetHead wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 08:01:
Nestle is a monster and that crap they pull with water goes much deeper than simply overcharging.

They've gone into poverty stricken parts of Africa, gotten the rights to wells which communities rely on to live. They then charge even those communities who formed around that water source far more than they could ever hope to have resulting in people having to dedicate all their time just being a water mule for the family, basically hauling water like a full time job, if they're lucky to have another water source within a days travel.

Still that is par for the likes of Nestle.

Lets not forget this is the company that got people to pretend to be nurses/doctors and get mothers in Africa to try free samples of baby formula. For the good of their own children because if the mother can't afford eat healthily her breast milk won't be ideal for the baby while the formula will be.

Of course they neglected to mention the mother will likely stop lactating by the time the free sample is finished, leaving the mothers with hungry babies. So they end up forced to buy more formula, though it cost so much to them they end up having to water it down so much their babies end up with malnutrition.

Guess Nestle wants them to be buying overpriced water from them the next time they pull such horrific stunts...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestl%C3%A9_boycott

Christ almighty. Somebody sets those bastards on fire... All of them.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 23, 2016, 14:48 Creston

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 13:42:
wtf_man wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 12:56:
From what I read on other sites... it's a Headquarters... not the bank. Totally separate building in old Pargue.

Yeah the "Palisade Blade" is the slanty thing visible in part of the Prague skybox, which you don't visit in the main game.

Ah cool

News Comments > Titanfall 2 PC Specs
4. Re: Titanfall 2 PC Specs Sep 23, 2016, 14:39 Creston

45 GB install size. I guess they zipped up 10% of the audio files. Gotta save those CPU cycles!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
40. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 23, 2016, 12:37 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 04:33:
Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 21:26:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 18:02:
The biggest conglomerate of PC gamers refers to themselves as the "Glorious Master Race", so he might be on to something..

The glorious master race thing is predominantly just a joke.

You both are obviously race traitors for not knowing the true name. It is "PC Master Race," and you two shall heretofore be known as "Console Kiddies." Thou mayest grovel at my feet.

Actually, the name is "Glorious PC Gamer Master Race." Suck it, peasant.

18. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 12:29 Creston

egg_mcmuffin wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 11:12:
These days, I have better things to do than do 60 gig patches every month, so I'll just wait till its "finished"...out of mind out of site.

This seems like the most sensible attitude to have about this whole thing.

1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided System Rift DLC Sep 23, 2016, 10:34 Creston

It does at least look like a new level. I was half worried they would just send you back to the same Palisade bank that you'd already been in (likely twice.)

34. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 21:26 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 18:02:
The biggest conglomerate of PC gamers refers to themselves as the "Glorious Master Race", so he might be on to something..

The glorious master race thing is predominantly just a joke.

33. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2016, 21:25 Creston

Beamer wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 17:48:
I think he's right to say that pc gamers are the least willing to say your last sentence. Console gamers bicker amongst each other, but pc gamers look down on both of them as "console peons." And console people seem to argue less as more and more own both.

Oh please. There are literally millions of posts made every minute by PS4 fanboys bitching about how the Xbone sucks and vice versa. And before that there were trillions of PS3vs360SUCKS posts and FamicomvsMegadrive posts and DreamcastvsPlaystation posts and PS2vsXbox and WiivsTheRestOfTheWorld etc etc etc ad nauseam. Please stop trying to paint PC gamers as somehow being WORSE than that fucking shitstorm.

Again, generalizations. But you see the pc gamer mentality frequently here. We can't have a single console topic without someone mocking consoles.

Yes. SOMEone. A large majority of self-titled PC gamers here actually game on consoles too. You're painting with the same ridiculously inane broad strokes as that fucking imbecile Pachter does. Please stop doing that, you are much smarter than that.

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
10. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Sep 22, 2016, 21:21 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 15:27:
Also, Jon Irenicus was Chaotic Good, never forget! (Baldur's Gate 2 villain, if you are a heretic who never played it. )

No, he really wasn't

24. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 15:16 Creston

We have now clearly established that Beamer is in fact Pachter.

5. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Sep 22, 2016, 15:12 Creston

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 11:30:
Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 10:21:
I'm looking forward to this. It seems a very interesting premise.

Premise is a good one but I have serious doubts they can pull it off. It's hard to write evil that isn't cliched. Most of the time the villains in games are just eye rollingly bad. Chaotic evil characters never work for me because they're nothing more than self-serving psychopaths. Sure the Joker is entertaining, but not someone I want to play as a character. I much prefer the lawful evil tyrant like Vetinari or Thrawn who are tyrants to be sure, but are because they have a vision and a purpose in mind.

Was it ever said that you'd play as Chaotic Evil, though? I had the idea you were more leaning to the Lawful Evil side of the scale, so self-serving, ruthless and evil, but not a complete psychopath.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2016, 10:31 Creston

That ship elevator is incredible.  

1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 22, 2016, 10:27 Creston

It's okay, Pachter. We expected nothing more or less from the world's biggest imbecile.

1. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Sep 22, 2016, 10:21 Creston

I'm looking forward to this. It seems a very interesting premise.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
15. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 22, 2016, 10:20 Creston

lapino wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 03:24:
If I buy an Xbox One which includes a download code for Horizon 3 (I suppose there will be a bundle), will I be able to play the game on pc too then?

Yes.

27866 Comments. 1394 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo