Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29003 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 23:44 Creston

I think the most mind-numbing thing today was some fuckwallet on Fox News who was bitching about people celebrating the defeat of the skinny repeal, and he went "Well, congratulations! Now you HAVE to have health care, and those of you who are healthy will be paying for those who are sick."

Yeah, moron. That's how insurance FUCKING WORKS. That's the entire fucking IDEA BEHIND IT.

Fuck it, just let North Korea nuke us.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA on Game Streaming
9. Re: EA on Game Streaming Jul 28, 2017, 23:41 Creston

You can just hear the desperate need for it to be true in his statement. "Oh God, please let streaming finally take off! We'll be able to charge players by the minute!" *jizzes all over himself*

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 09:34 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 03:56:
These Two Have Seen Each Other Nearly Every Day for the Past 25 Years.

Awesome vid.

Yeah that was really cool. Is it getting dusty in here...?

News Comments > Standalone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
4. Re: Standalone Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Jul 28, 2017, 09:26 Creston

You’ll suit up as unforgettable characters Sgt. John "Soap" MacTavish, Capt. John Price

Yeah, I wouldn't call these characters "unforgettable." Soap is not even a character. He's a camera whose name gets mentioned like once.

That said, I loved the campaign and wouldn't mind replaying it, but not at the price they're charging.

News Comments > For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers
8. Re: For Honor Revamp Includes Dedicated Servers Jul 28, 2017, 09:22 Creston

our team has worked diligently to identify and correct issues that were not apparent with our testing and live phases

Your shitty multiplayer infrastructure was not apparent with your testing? Methinks you should rephrase that sentence to "correct issues that were not apparent with a cursory glance, as we did no testing whatsoever."

News Comments > EA Financials
5. Re: EA Financials Jul 28, 2017, 09:19 Creston

now we are accelerating into a year of tremendous innovation

No, you aren't. Isn't lying to your shareholders illegal? Or does this fall under the bullshit "sales puffery" concept?

News Comments > Morning Previews
9. Re: Morning Previews Jul 27, 2017, 16:30 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 11:34:
Instakill surprise attacks are always going to seem overpowered compared to trying to gun fight with alerted enemies though, confirmation bias, basically.

Oh no, I'm not even talking about stealth kills. I'm talking about, I stealth kill one guard, another one sees me, and instead of sounding the alarm, he slowly walks towards me with his baton raised, then before he can hit me, I stab him in the neck.

I literally completed the entire level that way (at least up until the point where you free the resistance members and you finally get a gun.) All of them slowly walked towards me with a baton raised, and never even hit me. They just walked up to me, I attack twice, and boom, dead guard. It was just so underwhelming.

And you definitely lose your guns every single time. BJ going into that fucking prison with just a knife practically made me quit in disgust right there on the spot. "Okay, I need to save some guys from the toughest prison in the entire Nazi empire. I'm by myself. I'm so badly outnumbered it's literally not even funny, so I need to give myself the most optimal chance of succeeding."

*grabs knife.*

"READY TO GO!"

Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jul 27, 2017, 10:14 Creston

I'm playing through the New Order for the first time right now, and I'm a bit ambivalent about it.

Story-wise it's great, awesome even. They did a fantastic job with the world building, the cutscenes are great, characters are great, voice actors are awesome, I'm genuinely excited to see where the story goes, etc.

But the gameplay... It's just kinda... "eh" The weapons for all their flash and fury seem pretty badly underpowered (either that or the Nazis are all wearing the equivalent of Power Armor), the AI is shockingly bad (I walked through the prison part with just a knife, stabbing every guard that walked up to me. Nobody ever rang an alarm or even managed to get a hit in on me...), you start every single level with no weapons whatsoever (one of my main pet peeves, I mean, seriously, BJ couldn't even be bothered to keep ONE freaking gun from the last mission he went on??), movement feels extremely floaty/sliding on ice. And probably the biggest thing, you don't really get to play that much, as there is a LOT of "take control away from the player" stuff going on, and a lot of the gameplay is "hit forward and watch your character do some stuff" or "watch a three minute cutscene, move over here and burn through a chain link fence, then watch another cutscene for four minutes." So far, there's not been that much shooting for an FPS game.

I want to finish it to see where the story goes, but I seriously doubt I'd ever replay it.

News Comments > Résumé Reveals Grand Theft Auto VI?
1. Re: Résumé Reveals Grand Theft Auto VI? Jul 27, 2017, 10:08 Creston

Hopefully it's not going to just be more GTA online.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Can anything stop net neutrality rollback? Jul 26, 2017, 21:29 Creston

Of course. Make multiple checks of one billion dollars plus payable to Ajit Pai, Professional Piece of Shit. He will be MORE than happy to listen to your proposals then.

Why can't this motherfucker get hit by a fucking bus already.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 26, 2017, 20:28 Creston

the game community, many of whom are tired and frustrated with Nintendo’s supply tactics and its lack of communication around SNES Classic availability.

They're so tired and frustrated, that they will happily continue to be Nintendo's bitch every single time Nintendo feels like it.

News Comments > Play Just Cause 3 for Free
9. Re: Play Just Cause 3 for Free Jul 26, 2017, 17:41 Creston

NKD wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 14:58:
Creston wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 12:41:
Just Cause 3 was a HORRIBLE disappointment after the EPIC Just Cause 2. This despite the fact that it played better, controlled better, had better vehicle physics, and pretty much every gameplay hook was better than in JC2.

Every single thing in the world was just copy/paste. Everything looked exactly the same, no variation, no cool areas to discover, no areas that were put in just for the sake of making the world look nice, nothing.

Total 100% failure in open world design.

Download it for free, play it tonight for a few hours, and you will have seen everything there is to see in JC3.

To be honest, I don't remember JC2's world being any better. They are both extremely large worlds with a lot of nothing to see.

But in JC2, the world was extremely varied. There was a swamp with riverboats, there was a desert, there were snow-covered mountains and an entire actual SKI RESORT was built there, for no other purpose than to look cool. The main capital was huge and fun to fuck around in. The "capital" in JC3 is literally 2 long streets, and that's it.

News Comments > Play Just Cause 3 for Free
4. Re: Play Just Cause 3 for Free Jul 26, 2017, 12:41 Creston

Just Cause 3 was a HORRIBLE disappointment after the EPIC Just Cause 2. This despite the fact that it played better, controlled better, had better vehicle physics, and pretty much every gameplay hook was better than in JC2.

Every single thing in the world was just copy/paste. Everything looked exactly the same, no variation, no cool areas to discover, no areas that were put in just for the sake of making the world look nice, nothing.

Total 100% failure in open world design.

Download it for free, play it tonight for a few hours, and you will have seen everything there is to see in JC3.

News Comments > PC Building Simulator This Fall
14. Re: PC Building Simulator This Fall Jul 26, 2017, 10:03 Creston

Someone should make console players play this, maybe they can learn how to finally get a decently-powered gaming machine for a change.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 26, 2017, 10:01 Creston

Haha that dude almost pissed himself. That was pretty funny. "SQUEAL!"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 25, 2017, 13:47 Creston

It'd be a cold day in hell before I let my company implant something in me, even something as innocuous as a microchip.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 25, 2017, 00:03 Creston

Yeah there's a ton of nostalgia shit in it, but it's done WELL. It's mostly in the background, and it's never brought out just for the "HAI GUYZ LOOKAT THE COOL STUFFZ FROM TEH 80s WE FOUND!"

In addition, the story is kick-ass, and easily carries the show. It's just a fantastic blend of 80s vibe, creepiness, x-files and very relatable characters who have great character arcs.

It's going to be FUCKING AWESOME I TELL YOU.

News Comments > More on Dying Light DLC Plans
9. Re: More on Dying Light DLC Plans Jul 24, 2017, 21:56 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 18:20:
Creston wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 16:00:
Ah okay, never bothered with no weapon degradation mods. Vendors sell oranges like they're candy, and the few yellows I have, I just refurbish through the blue shield vendors when they break, so eh.

The crazy high weapon degradation is the main reason why I stopped playing the game. I love these types of games, and I even loved Dead Island, which also had weapon degradation, but I hate the way it's implemented in Dying Light to the point that I didn't like the game. It's not like I didn't give it a chance either, I got 11 hours of playtime. I heard about that mod a little while ago and I planned to play it again, but now screw it.

It's really not that high, though. You need to slaughter like 400 zombies for an Orange to break fully, and even then you can just refurbish it again. (and again, and again, and again, ad infinitum.)

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2017, 21:54 Creston

I've been communicating using my finger all my life.

HEYYYYOOOOOO!!! *tappity tappity tappity*

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 24, 2017, 16:03 Creston

Soon the tax credits will disappear from electric cars, and then their sales WILL blow up. Into oblivion.

29003 Comments. 1451 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo