Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27866 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Disney buying Netflix Oct 4, 2016, 21:37 Creston

Oh God, please no....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2016, 13:33 Creston

That headline makes my brain hurt.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 13:26 Creston

"We work really hard to make sure that customers understand what they are buying when they get an Early Access title on Steam,"

*snort*

"We spent two minutes one day working on this blurb which is roughly the entire extent of what we do to make sure you understand you are likely buying something that will never get finished once the dev's income stream dries up."

There, now it's more honest. That's basically all Valve does about it.

That said, I do agree that if someone buys into Early Access, they deserve all the misery that goes with it. Are you excited about getting to play a buggy piece of shit that will likely never be finished? More power to you. Just don't complain when almost inevitably, it doesn't get finished.

News Comments > Fig Shares Get SEC Approval
9. Re: Fig Shares Get SEC Approval Sep 30, 2016, 11:31 Creston

BazzaLB wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 22:43:
First? I put 100 Euro into project Cars. So far, I have recieved 200 Euro return, plus the full game.

That's not a bad deal.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 30, 2016, 11:29 Creston

“Trusting authoritarian regimes to ensure the continued freedom of the internet is lunacy,” said Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton in a statement. “The president does not have the authority to simply give away America’s pioneering role in ensuring that the internet remains a place where free expression can flourish.”

"Only the authoritarian regime of the NSA or FBI can do that, goddammit!!"

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think assigning governance of the internet over to ICANN is a mistake, but their reasons for objecting to it are fucking hilarious.

News Comments > Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer
2. Re: Non-Lethal Dishonored 2 Trailer Sep 30, 2016, 11:18 Creston

sauron wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 10:50:
This looks really interesting. I think it's more challenging to play games like this and the DX series as non-lethal combatants. And the graphics look really nice as well. Might have to pick this one up when it comes out.

My biggest issue with non-lethal in the first dishonored is that it was boring. You had all these awesome powers, and you could use like 2 or 3 of them non-lethally. Whereas if you went full death, you had like 8 powers, some of which worked together just in an incredibly fun way.

I think I read somewhere that they said that they've made sure to balance the powers well between lethal and non-lethal this time, so let's hope so.

Edit: after watching the video, it does seem like you have more options. I really liked that Void Apparition you can summon.

In any case, it looks just awesome. I am VERY excited for it.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2016, 11:26.

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied
2. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Denied Sep 30, 2016, 11:16 Creston

Dentorro wrote on Sep 30, 2016, 10:47:
they are not going to admit anything to not hurt their abysmal sales they still have atm.

Yup. They either go F2P or their game just dies. Nobody is playing it, nobody is buying it.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
38. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 14:38 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 13:14:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 10:53:
"Let's investigate this a month+ after the game came out, and nobody pays any attention to the ad anymore! That'll really make it look like we care, and we're Serious Folks who are Not To Be Messed With!"

:-yawn-:

How else do you do it? The game only came out a few weeks ago. Before that it was impossible to do the compare. So, account for a couple weeks for dissatisfaction to build and make a complaint, a couple of weeks to investigate the validity, and a couple of weeks to formulate and execute a plan of action, and we're at the current date. How could it have been any faster?

It probably couldn't have been faster, but look at what these guys can actually "do."

The ASA has the power to have advertisements it believes are in breach of its code of conduct withdrawn, and prevent them from appearing again

Ooooh, they can make you take the ad down!!! That'll REALLY hurt two months after the game's been released. Where's the 5 million GBP fine?

Their "power" is like the Invisible Boy who can only turn invisible if nobody's watching.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation
29. Re: No Man's Sky Advertising Investigation Sep 29, 2016, 10:53 Creston

"Let's investigate this a month+ after the game came out, and nobody pays any attention to the ad anymore! That'll really make it look like we care, and we're Serious Folks who are Not To Be Messed With!"

:-yawn-:

News Comments > Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears?
4. Re: Portal/Half-Life Movie News Nears? Sep 29, 2016, 10:30 Creston

Keanu Reeves would make a great Gordon. He wouldn't have to talk at all.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 28, 2016, 19:07 Creston

It's okay, Yahoo was just behind on their protection payments. It's all squared away now. The Senators all have new beach houses and nobody ever mentions the hack again.

News Comments > Bethesda.net Mod Comment Moderation
2. Re: Bethesda.net Mod Comment Moderation Sep 28, 2016, 19:05 Creston

All this does is have mod makers delete all negative comments about mods, justified or not.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
19. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Sep 28, 2016, 19:03 Creston

That'd be cool. I played a little of the first at a buddy's home, and the combat seemed pretty fun. They really need to work on their story and presentation though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Amazon inside your home Sep 28, 2016, 19:01 Creston

"Click here to allow random UPS / FedEx guy access to your home for free!"

Rolleyes

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
24. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 18:53 Creston

Cool. What the hell is fig, though?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2016, 11:53 Creston

Been playing it on the Bone since Friday, and it's a ton of fun. Runs butter smooth on the bone too, no weird hitching.

I'll give the PC version a try once they've got the bugs worked out.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 27, 2016, 11:52 Creston

The UK government by now has become a caricature. China looks at them and giggles at how terrible the UK government is.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2016, 23:03 Creston

"There's this thing called money, see? And we want more of it. So we charge absurd fees and overages to our customers, so they give us more money. What? Oh no, there's absolutely no technical reason for it, it's just pure unadulterated greed. How do we sleep at night? On beds of pure fucking money."  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Is Verizon's system broken? Sep 26, 2016, 23:00 Creston

Yes.

So is everyone else's. But hey, no competition, and little oversight, so they can claim whatever they want!

"You used 4500 Petabytes of data this month! You owe us a hundred quintillion dollars!"

News Comments > Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed
1. Re: Street Fighter V Patch Rootkit Removed Sep 24, 2016, 14:43 Creston

Better hope that rootkit got uninstalled though. Most of them don't uninstall well.

27866 Comments. 1394 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo