Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30639 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 31, 2018, 10:54 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 18:42:
Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 16:27:

Incidentally, I once found out that the real head of the Catholic Church was Jim Henson, whose soul lives in the original Swedish Chef puppet. He whispers in the Pope's ear every night.

That must be really annoying. Hearing whispers of "Børk Børk Børk" in your ear, waking up, and no one is there, just the faint odor of Swede.

Hey, at least the pope gets Popcorn Shrimp whenever he wants! (if you watch that video, turn on the subtitles and set them to "Swedish Chef" if you want to bust a gut laughing.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA's Jacksonville Tribute
32. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 31, 2018, 10:48 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 20:43:
NKD wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 17:54:
Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 17:43:
NKD wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 17:34:
When people talk about increasing security, I get nervous. We increased security at airports, but it only increased the stress of flying and lowered convenience, and there are still huge juicy targets in airports.

And, ultimately, we have to keep in mind that these types of shootings make up a tiny portion of the gun homicides in the US. Drastically changing our way of life to include metal detectors and security lines everywhere to maybe sometimes address part of 1% of the gun homicides is a bad overreaction.

Turning the US into a giant prison block can't be the solution.

I agree. I go through way too much way too slow airport security, and while I'm sure it's doing something, it's far too invasive.

I keep wondering why we don't see people attacking the security lines themselves. When I'm at the airport in the security line I'm like "Welp, we're sitting ducks." and I'm not even a terrorist. A terrorist, whether it be an Islamic extremist or some incel, would look at that and see a bunch of people lined up for the firing squad.
That was already covered by "No Russian" in Call of Duty.

??? SEE?! VIDEOGAMES ARE THE CAUSE OF ALL TERRORISM!

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
18. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 30, 2018, 23:30 Creston

Saboth wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 19:02:
Osc8r wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 18:37:
All games need a co-op OPTION.

I can't remember the last single player game i finished...maybe GTA SA? All games are better with mates.

Perhaps, but there are single player games that were absolutely ruined by coop. I loved Orcs Must Die. For the second game, they added coop and the game was terrible as a single-player experience. The maps were too large, you spent to much time running. It was obviously tuned for 2 people, and was not remotely as fun as the first game.

Oh that brings back terrible memories. I LOVED the first Orcs Must Die, and like you said, the second one was just god-awful.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Video
3. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Video Aug 30, 2018, 23:16 Creston

Nucas wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 21:26:
were the previous iterations of this game marketed this aggressively? i just got into tomb raider games for the first time this year so i wasn't really paying attention, but this blitz is ridiculous. why does square enix treat every IP like it's going to be the next call of duty?

I think it was about the same, yeah. I agree that they do do a ton of hype-building marketing, but it's not just new for this game.

anticipating the "tomb raider IP shelved" announcement in 12 months when it doesn't "meet sales expectations" by selling 10 million copies, just like every other IP square enix puts in a grave. at least we got a full trilogy out of this one, rip deus ex

I know. They literally have the dumbest fucking executives. "What do you mean it didn't sell like Skyrim??!!"

News Comments > No Man's Sky Free Weekly Updates Begin
4. Re: No Man's Sky Free Weekly Updates Begin Aug 30, 2018, 23:14 Creston

Thumbsup

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
16. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 30, 2018, 18:52 Creston

I've had this on my radar for a while now. Hopefully they'll make a complete edition, so I can get both at once.

22. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 18:51 Creston

bigspender wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 18:30:
I've always wondered what it would take to get a refund from EA. You have to get shot. That's what it takes to get some money from them.

Joking aside, it literally takes like 2 minutes to get a refund on Origin. EA is fucking LIGHTYEARS ahead of Steam where customer service is concerned.

16. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 17:39 Creston

Kudos, EA.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Rounddup Aug 30, 2018, 10:29 Creston

GinRummy wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 19:19:
I've backed over 150 projects between Kickstarter, Fig, and Indiegogo. Very few died after getting their initial funding, maybe 3 or 4 total, and they all had developer messages about how they were sorry but couldn't complete their project, usually because they failed additional funding. So far I've not had any slowly go dark or just be a cash scam.

One would imagine you also did your due diligence on these projects, and didn't just back random stuff by people you'd never heard of before.

Out of all the things I backed, the only one that hasn't delivered yet has been Limit Theory, and I backed that more for the fact that here was a genius kid who was doing amazing things in procedural gen, and I figured if 20 bucks could keep him working on that, it was money well spent. I never really expected to get much of a 'game' out of it.

Well, and I guess Shroud of the Avatar has been a dumpster fire, but it at least got released, though way more as a shitty UO remake / house simulator than the single player ultima that was promised.

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 30, 2018, 08:53 Creston

IgWannA wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 08:02:
I can remember around the year 2000 the video game industry was worth $4 billion per year - globally. It's mind blowing that it's $40 billion a year in the States alone.

Ah yes, the good old days when Hollywood sneered at the videogame industry. Now Hollywood is absolutely dwarfed by it.

News Comments > Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA - Blood, Sweat and Spears Released
1. Re: Total War Saga: THRONES OF BRITANNIA - Blood, Sweat and Spears Released Aug 29, 2018, 22:23 Creston

Do these guys never get tired of literally making the same game over and over again? Don't get me wrong, by and large (a few bad apples notwithstanding), these have been GREAT strategy/tactics games, and a ton of fun. I have bought I think four entries in the franchise, and spent many many many hours with them.

But goddamn, they've been making this exact same game for like twenty YEARS now.

News Comments > Riot Commits to Change
25. Re: Riot Commits to Change Aug 29, 2018, 22:15 Creston

As soon as I started reading that article on Kotaku, I thought to myself "I bet that Bro owner 'cried' when he addressed his people" and yes, sir, there were the fake crocodile tears. Asshole.

He isn't sorry that it happened, people. He's sorry that they GOT CAUGHT and had a scathing article written about them.

In any case, fuck them.

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
5. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 29, 2018, 22:13 Creston

17 billion of that is Fortnite.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
15. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 29, 2018, 18:26 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 15:18:
What no one ever asked for was Fallout: ARK Edition.

True. Hey, at least they didn't make FalloutNite.

(Pete Hines reads this post, smacks his forehead with his palm and goes "GODDAMMIT!")

14. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 29, 2018, 18:25 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 14:49:
3 year dev cycle for F76, 3 year dev cycle on Cyberpunk 2077

CP2077 was first revealed in 2013, and per CDPR they've been working on it for almost 7 years.

13. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 29, 2018, 18:24 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 14:26:
I predict you're going to stumble pretty hard with this.

I know I'm a cynical bastard, but I'm pretty convinced that the only reason they're going the "FO76 will not be on Steam, but future games might be" route is because they're worried everyone and their dog will just refund their game after 2 hours if purchased through Steam.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 29, 2018, 13:36 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 12:28:
I usually read Anand's. I know he left a few years ago, but the articles have continued in the tradition of when he was there: very technical and stats based.

The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure both Tom's and Anand are owned by the same company now...

News Comments > Project Genesis Announced
1. Re: Project Genesis Announced Aug 29, 2018, 13:25 Creston

a deep space survival game that utilizes blockchain technology for maximum buzzwords

"we are going to push the whole experience by integrating the Ethereum blockchain"

I give it Five Dismissive Crypto-Wanks!

Graphics look nice, but gameplay just seems very meh.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 29, 2018, 09:35 Creston

Very interesting article about the skim reading.  

News Comments > Onimusha: Warlords Remaster in January
1. Re: Onimusha: Warlords Remaster in January Aug 28, 2018, 21:26 Creston

Literally Everything gets remastered, but do you think EA is smart enough to remaster Mass Effect?

No sir. No brains in that group of fucking imbeciles. But hey, I guess in a way, I understand; we won't care about an ME remaster because we'll all be too busy playing Anthe... bwahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

30639 Comments. 1532 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo