Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30346 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 13:36 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:54:
I'm not paying too close attention, but Doom and Cyberpunk are incredibly interesting to me. The other Bethesda games feel too far away for me to care.

I'm very interested in Rage2, looks cool, Just Cause 4 (because JC2 is one of my top 5 games of all time, hopefully it can wash away the shitty bleh of Just Meh 3), LoU2, possibly Fallout76, if it can be played without always being teamed up with internet cockroaches (ie, 99.999999999999999% of the internet). Also Dying Light 2. Possibly, maybe, Anthem, if I'm really bored.

Until this E3, the only game I'd been looking forward to for the next 8 months or so was RDR2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. The moon warming Jun 12, 2018, 13:32 Creston

So a few people walking around on the moon in an area of a few square kms has somehow raised the temperature of the entire moon by several DEGREES? And that just seems totally plausible to everyone involved?

"Yep, looks good guys. Time for some blow!"

News Comments > Remedy Announces Control
5. Re: Remedy Announces Control Jun 12, 2018, 13:30 Creston

Remedy is still around? Despite that monstrous flop they last produced?? (Forgot what it's called. That weird game where after every level they made you download a 30 Gig, 25 minute fucking TV episode.)

I thought they'd have gone belly up.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2018, 10:25 Creston

Rapists also tell you that you're going to love it, right before they rape you.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 10:17 Creston

Yeah, there have actually been a lot of really exciting games announced. This was looking to be a very barren year, but now all of a sudden it's full with games that I'm definitely interested in.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2018, 10:07 Creston

Wow, 330K. THAT'LL TEACH THEM!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Details
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Details Jun 12, 2018, 09:57 Creston

Launching October 5 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC*

* Note: An announcement for the delay of the PC version by three weeks for extra 'polishing' is forthcoming.

Also, I'm sorry, I'm supposed to get excited about open world naval combat set in this timeframe? The naval combat in Origins was garbage. Groups of archers is not the same as a row of freaking cannons.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 1
6. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 1 Jun 11, 2018, 23:44 Creston

EA CEO's real meaning: "We want to bleed you for more money. Seriously, just moar. Why can't you fuckers pay $400 for a 5 hour game? Assholes."

As we think through all that we try to do, know that we want to be better and we want to make great games.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. When have you fuckers EVER wanted to make great games?? All you give a shit about is your ship date, and pretty marketing videos that sell copies. If you cared about making great games, you wouldn't have fucking shipped Andromeda in the god-awful state it was in.

Choke on your great games, Andrew Wilson. Did it hurt, watching your Bioware guys get little to no crowd response at all? That's all on your shithole company. You fucking RUINED what was once one of the finest developers around. They have now joined the long list of all the other great developers you've ruined.

Sigh

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser
9. Re: The Elder Scrolls VI Teaser Jun 11, 2018, 22:56 Creston

11/11/21

News Comments > Fallout 76 Trailer
28. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 17:45 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:21:
It's as if Netflix either thinks we wholly trust their ratings system, thinks we will watch anything it serves to us, or just thinks traditional marketing is pointless on its platform.

They've said before that their metrics show it doesn't really matter what they put up. If they put up garbage, people will watch it. If they put up great shows, maybe +10% more people will watch it. If garbage is 50% cheaper to put up, it's easy math.

It's why their movie selection is dying. Their metrics show that if they spend 5 billion on movies, it really doesn't get watched more than if they just put up the occasional good movie and mostly mediocre shit.

Sad, but true. I work with a guy who's a Netflix trash can. It doesn't matter what it is, if it pops up in his "recommended for you" queue, he'll watch it.

He's ignoring great shows like Justified and the Expanse, etc, that I've recommended to him, to watch semi-documentary shit.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2018, 17:41 Creston

MeanJim wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 16:29:
What's fucked up is my internet was out this morning. Something caused my cable modem to completely lock up, which has never happened before. Unplugging it and plugging it back in, it re-connected just fine though, so I have no idea what happened. According to my router's log, it looks like it went out between 3am and 4am.

Power blip? Happens pretty often to my router. If the power just blips, my router freezes up.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2018, 17:41 Creston

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 14:33:
Wonder if people are getting tired of all the WINNING! going on for them. As this repeal is pure Crony Capitalism.

What we didn't understand was that Trump wasn't saying EVERYONE was going to win. Just the corps and the rich people. And they've been winning like crazy.

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Announcement
4. Re: Just Cause 4 Announcement Jun 11, 2018, 17:24 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 15:51:
MS got first whack at it yesterday, but the more in-depth footage and announcement today says PS4 and Steam also.

Cool.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
35. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 14:12 Creston

Slashman wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 13:53:
As to the rest of the nonsense, if you're playing deep RPGs for T&A, you might want to check out this oddity called "the internet". I hear it can fulfill all your digital ass needs with very little effort. How the frak old is the average Bluesnewser now? 10?

He's a moron. Kindly stop comparing him to the rest of the crowd, who by and large are pretty goddamn excited about CP2077.

26. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 13:38 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 07:40:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:06:
as if every single game has to cater to them, even one's they don't intend to buy.

I always wonder if the people who get so angry over stuff like this do it everywhere. As if they're annoyed if there's a TV show on CBS not aimed at them, or if there's a radio station that plays a style of music they're not in love with.

Are you serious? Do you not see the millions of fucking blogs written about how "Netflix made way too many original shows this year, and I hated all but four of them!"

EVERYTHING has to be made JUST FOR THAT SINGLE PERSON.

25. Re: Fallout 76 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 13:34 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 00:06:
I'm pretty sure there will be a Fallout 5 and I didn't think anyone was thinking Fallout 5 was right around the corner.

Yeah, after Fallout76 they're doing Starfield, and then they're doing ES6, which is probably going to come out on 11/11/2021 (ten years to the day after Skyrim.)

So FO5 will be... 2022 or so?

News Comments > RAGE 2 Gameplay Trailer
13. Re: RAGE 2 Gameplay Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 13:00 Creston

Wesp5 wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 09:04:
I liked the first RAGE too, once my PC could handle the textures ;). But this sounds as if it doesn't care about the first game at all? You are the last Ranger when the first game ended with you opening all other arches? How could you loose everyone when you were frozen? You don't even play the guy from the first game so what happened to him in the cliffhanger? What happened to all other arches? This sounds like the Disney SW reboot, instead of delivering a real sequel with a changed setting, they quickly reset everything to the known one-against-all formula!

I don't think anyone is going to shed a tear about this not continuing the "story" from the first game.

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Announcement
2. Re: Just Cause 4 Announcement Jun 11, 2018, 12:52 Creston

Cool trailer (though 95% bullshit where graphics and gameplay are concerned), and terrain at least looks more varied than in Just Blah 3.

I'm cautiously hopeful. With the way they are showing off those tornadoes, I sure hope there's destruction of terrain/houses etc, otherwise that's all going to look really super weird when a big ass tornado tears over some shack and it just stays standing.

Also, wingsuiting into a tornado is of course going to be a major Thing To Do ASAP.

No PC announcement? I guess the MehBox is really suffering for unique games.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
27. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 11, 2018, 12:43 Creston

I think it looks great. Perhaps it could have done with a touch more realistic/gritty texture work, but that's nitpicking.

In any case, these guys have proven that they have questing down to a fucking T, so I'm pretty excited to see what this will translate into in a Cyberpunk setting.

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
12. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 12:40 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:23:
I think it was Creston in the other thread that said what I was thinking - these types of options are the things that are always presented as deep and meaningful in situations like this, but in the actual game they always end up shallow and telegraphed, because there's only so much the dev team has time to plan for. Like how in The Walking Dead you can almost always tell which characters may die, and which would have died if you made a different choice, because they aren't meaningful after your choice was made.

Yeah, "significant ramifications on gameplay...." I'll believe it when I see it. All I see from the trailer is different colors of rooftops and a few changes in bonuses and the like.

Hey, it's still cool, don't get me wrong, it beats a city where nothing changes no matter what, but I think Avellone is laying on the hype a bit thick in that video.

30346 Comments. 1518 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo