Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30013 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
22. Re: Into the Black Mar 10, 2018, 13:44 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2018, 11:20:
Retired wrote on Mar 10, 2018, 07:25:
NegaDeath wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 19:29:
He's going away for the wrong reasons, but in the end it couldn't happen to a nicer asshole.

Still paying outrageous prices for epi pens while everyone pats themselves on the back.....

That bitch is next.

Her dad's a Senator who is actually writing legislation to help further her fucking greed. Nothing is going to happen to that fucking bitch, sadly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Into the Black Mar 9, 2018, 20:43 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Mar 9, 2018, 19:42:
LoL, even his own lawyer wanted to punch him in the face. Martin Shkreli, Most Punchable for the second year in a row.

"Mr. jdreyer, a call for you on line 2. He says his name is Ajit Pai?"

10. Re: Into the Black Mar 9, 2018, 20:42 Creston

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Smirk for us, you fucking worthless piece of shit.

News Comments > Valve Plans to Make Games
29. Re: Valve Plans to Make Games Mar 9, 2018, 16:36 Creston

Is this a "Microsoft recommits to PC Gaming" moment?

I will remain skeptical for now.

News Comments > White House Game Summit Recap
36. Re: White House Game Summit Recap Mar 9, 2018, 16:29 Creston

“In so many other places where you had mass shootings by children and every instance I just gave, that child who was the shooter was watching violent video games.”

"In so many other places where you had mass shootings by children and every instance I just gave, that child who was the shooter had purchased a semi-automatic rifle, and had a history of medical illness."

It's funny how every other country in the world has kids playing these devil video games, and they wind up not shooting up schools. Oh wait, it's because they can't buy guns. And they give a shit if people are mentally ill.

In any case, clearly the answer that the politicians are looking for here is more bribes from the gaming industry. If money donated by gaming industry >>> money donated by NRA, then they will start talking about sensible gun control.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Ooh, I got one too! Mar 8, 2018, 12:50 Creston

If a possible mass shooter wants to kill a bunch of people, don't sell him a gun that allows him to do so.

I dunno, mine seems to make a lot more sense.

News Comments > The Division 2 Revealed
6. Re: The Division 2 Revealed Mar 8, 2018, 12:48 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Mar 8, 2018, 12:10:
Make it underwater like the second X-Com game...

Call it "The Division 2: SubDivision"

Teehee!

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone
3. Re: Cities: Skylines Anniversary and Sales Milestone Mar 8, 2018, 12:47 Creston

Five million copies. That is fantastic. It's almost as if you give your fans what they want, they'll go and buy it!

Someone at EA is currently sitting there going "I don't get it. Why did they sell so much more than we did?! We had always-online interactivity and tiny-ass plots of land and TEH GRAPHICS!!!"

News Comments > White House Games Summit Details
8. Re: White House Games Summit Details Mar 8, 2018, 12:46 Creston

Opposite of them are expected to be some of the video-game industry's toughest critics, including Brent Bozell, the founder of the Parents Television Council, and Rep. Vicky Hartzler, a Republican from Missouri, the three people said. After another shooting — the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. — they each called on government to focus its attention on violent media rather than just pursuing new gun restrictions.

Of course they did. I'm going to guess that Vicky Hartzler is also getting a ton of money from the NRA.

But we keep claiming we're a democracy. smh.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: AT&T empty promises Mar 6, 2018, 10:08 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 14:49:
Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 11:26:
Two years from now, the headline will read "AT&T claims it's met all its promises, despite not actually having spent a single dime on fiber. FCC whorebag Ajit Pai praises AT&T for great work."

Sir, you insult whores when you include the name Ajit Pai in the same sentence.

I apologize to the noble women in the world's oldest profession.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
16. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 6, 2018, 09:39 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 16:58:
Couple comments:

A) Don't share a controlled substance
B) It's marijuana, it's like sharing a beer but the USA is filled with weird shit on this.

It's actually against the law to share any other prescribed medicine as well, so I'm not sure why this guy felt he could share his medical weed. (Which in and of itself is already illegal, he just gets a medical exception for it.)

Per the letter of the law, he was probably dealing drugs.

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
17. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 6, 2018, 09:35 Creston

panbient wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 06:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2018, 03:59:
dropped it cold and hard after reaching level 50 and never finding a single usable legendary till then, not ONE.

NOT ONE

... but legendary items aren't even supposed to start dropping until you're level 50. The only exception I've seen in like 600 hours is if you beat the main story boss before reaching 50.

At the same time I think this is a bit of a situation similar to Pillars of Eternity and Baldur's Gate where so many complaints about PoEt stem from the fact that it doesn't operate on D&D rules and the player's refusal to accept that decision. In Grim Dawn legendary items are powerful but unlike Diablo they're not necessary until end game builds. Same as gearing up based on item level - necessary in Diablo, more likely than not to mess you up in GD. A strong blue item can be far more valuable to a build than a higher level legendary. Heck, some green rings are worth wearing just for the resistance boosts.

Sure, but it's not as if blue items drop with any more regularity. I had maybe two blues by level 50 that were useful.

Once I reached 57, I did a check of my item levels. I was using stuff that was ranked between 42 and 48, with two items that were in the 50s. Meaning that for 15 levels straight, I never got an upgrade for some of my stuff. That's just a retarded drop rate for a game where loot is such an integral part.

For all the shit Diablo 3 (deservedly) got and gets, their Loot 2.0 is fantastic. Grim Dawn's loot system is the dumbest, boring grind possible.

News Comments > Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed
8. Re: Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods Revealed Mar 5, 2018, 23:30 Creston

Never quite liked GD, because of the truly god-awful drop rates. Legendaries are supposed to start dropping at 50. I finally quit at 67, when the game had dropped exactly 1 legendary (by the final boss, which is ALWAYS a legendary) and it was one I couldn't use at all. Why devs continue to insist on absolutely fucking retardedly low drop rates, I'll never understand.

Grim Dawn makes Borderlands 2 look downright generous in comparison.

I did play it again with a mod that

A) Massively upped the drop rates
B) Gave you like 3 or 5 skill points per level

but to make up for it, it also continuously increased the monster spawns as you leveled up. By the time I reached level ~ 60 with that, the entire screen would be filled with critters. It was actually a lot of fun, until the engine finally croaked on the thousands of spawns it was asked to create.

In any case, I got ashes of malmouth and thought it was pretty mediocre, so I'm definitely giving this a pass.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 5, 2018, 11:28 Creston

lol no.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. AT&T empty promises Mar 5, 2018, 11:26 Creston

Two years from now, the headline will read "AT&T claims it's met all its promises, despite not actually having spent a single dime on fiber. FCC whorebag Ajit Pai praises AT&T for great work."

News Comments > On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues
2. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 11:23 Creston

We made the least amount of effort possible, and now we're 'looking into the issues' this has caused.

Rolleyes

Here's what I don't get. With the obvious effort they put into things like the FF12 and FF15 ports, why dump other games, like Chrono and FF6, out from the freaking mobile port, when you KNOW people are going to be pissed over it.

Why not spend some money and put some time into it, and forego all that negativity? Oh wait, it's because suits have literally no common sense whatsoever.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2018, 11:09 Creston

Ethics review. For Ajit Pai?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

"I have also been advised by the FCC's career ethics attorneys that I would not be able to accept the award upon my departure from government service."

Because you know that's the first thing he asked about, the fucking shitweasel.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2018, 11:11 Creston

I would LOVE to own a two-seater Messerschmitt, but my wife would probably object to me keeping it in the yard.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2018, 12:03 Creston

I've gone outside for "smoke" breaks. Had a manager whine at me what I was doing. Told him I was taking a smoke break. He said "You don't smoke!"

So?

He really had no answer.

It is especially galling when you work in a company that pays for its own health insurance. You're giving smoke breaks to people who are jacking up the costs for everyone, and the non-smokers are supposed to keep working? Smh.

News Comments > Throw Anything Early Access
3. Re: Throw Anything Early Access Mar 1, 2018, 11:46 Creston

You add the word "in" between anything and early and you have a pretty clear picture of the current game market.

Video looks pretty fun, though I imagine this would get pretty boring after a short time.

30013 Comments. 1501 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo