Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30624 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 5, 2018, 13:14 Creston

It's about high time someone just knocks Musk's teeth out. What an absolute fucking idiot that guy has turned into.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 5, 2018, 13:12 Creston

We don't need net neutrality. Corporations will do the right thing on their own, and if not, you just go to their competitor. (Who doesn't serve your area.)

- GOP Corporatist shill whore logic.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 4, 2018, 21:49 Creston

I've been trying to push you under a bus, Ajit, but sadly you're too much of a slippery fucking weasel.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 4, 2018, 21:47 Creston

I can help you, Facebook. Don't worry!

*shuts off your stupid servers.*

There. Problem solved.

Also, what do you mean "Less secure?" How could they possibly be even LESS secure??

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 4, 2018, 21:45 Creston

My boot in your ass is an unfortunate reality of you being a cockbag. Sorry, NBA2K19 producer.

News Comments > New Online Middle-earth Game Plans
2. Re: New Online Middle-earth Game Plans Sep 4, 2018, 21:44 Creston

So will this be an MMO, a MOBA or a Battle Royale?

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 4, 2018, 16:21 Creston

Both me and a colleague here who are huge Witcher fans are cool with this. Cavill had the right physique in the Immortals, all he needs is some rugged'ing up (he's too handsome on his own), get white hair, and he's good to go.

Cavill is also a huge gamer nerd and a big Witcher fan, so I think this is a solid casting.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 4, 2018, 16:18 Creston

Best place to play LOL. Then prove it by opening up Cross-play. Idiots.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 4, 2018, 16:17 Creston

<3 GMG.

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
21. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 3, 2018, 21:47 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 19:41:
Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 23:51:
Every dialogue that offers a choice to make only offers two choices

If it actually branches off into it's own path, that would be doing a lot more than their other games that had many more choices but never really mattered. On paper the idea could work, but branching multiplies quickly, you would need a lot of assets and stories on the ready. Being EA they are over selling this certainly, but if it could be as good as a mind can imagine, it could be quite good.

Nah, they're not going to go off into their own paths, or at least not substantially enough to make much of a difference. Unlike a Mass Effect or a Dragon Age, here the story CAN'T change the world, because the world has to remain the same for everyone no matter what choices they made in the hub.

So I'm going to guess it's a lot of Yes / No, and the end result is just another mission.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
14. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 3, 2018, 10:10 Creston

Nucas wrote on Sep 3, 2018, 01:37:
Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 23:53:
They "may" resume making more games.

Haha. Don't do anyone any favors, Valve. I doubt you have anyone left with any writing skills anyway.

i wonder how many people are left at valve that have actually been there to ship a product? i know they got one of the portal writers back, but they're down marc laidlaw, doug wood, ken birdwell, viktor antonov, probably a dozen more i can think of in various other roles.

I believe both the Old Man Murray guys left as well (Chet Faliserhehzhehzhe and Erik Wolpaw.)

though i guess it doesn't matter what talent you cultivate with a structure as dysfunctional as valve's purportedly is.

Holy shit. IF (big IF) any of that is true, that sounds like a goddamn fucking horrible place to work. No wonder they can't make any more games, all their devs are too busy trying to fuck each other over for the sake of a bonus.

NEVER put people who are supposed to work as a group in competition with each other for money. It'll turn into fucking Lord of the Flies before you can blink.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 2018, 10:38.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
9. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 2, 2018, 23:53 Creston

They "may" resume making more games.

Haha. Don't do anyone any favors, Valve. I doubt you have anyone left with any writing skills anyway.

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
11. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 2, 2018, 23:51 Creston

Every dialogue that offers a choice to make only offers two choices (because more choices would be "too difficult" for the new players Bioware hopes to attract Rolleyes ), but somehow everyone is going to have a unique story.

I'm pretty sure a large chunk of your players are just going to have the same story, Bioware.

In any case, while this may be fun for a once-through-the-content, I really have no clue what they are smoking when they think people are going to play this for ten years.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2018, 12:33 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 03:43:
Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 19:22:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 18:37:
I just noticed this "Established 1995. Over a billion visitors since 1997." Is this new or have I just missed it all this time?

Either way, it's awesome that BN has had over a billion visitors.
As of a moment ago, Current count: 1,107,726,675

Yeah, but half of those visits are caused by just 5 users: nin, Creston, Cutter, Verno, and Beamer.

Whatever, you're like #3 on that list probably.

I miss nin. I wish he'd come back.

I do think Cutter, Beamer, Bats and I are just a few of the really old guard left. We've had some prolific posters for several years, and then they leave again (or skulk. I think Ray is probably still around, Warpig probably too, but they don't seem to post anymore.)

I wonder if Zathrus still visits.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches
27. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches Sep 1, 2018, 00:35 Creston

Very sad that the mods don't work. I had several picked out, now I have to wait for them to (hopefully) get converted.

Dammit devs, if you proclaim to be so mod friendly, STOP FUCKING BREAKING ALL OF THEM WHEN YOU UPDATE YOUR GAME.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches
26. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition Launches Sep 1, 2018, 00:31 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 18:47:
holy shit... those over the top review quotes...

"Better than Perfect"

"Categorically the best game in human history"

Lets not even get into how fucking stupid professional reviewers must be to use those phrases, but the fact that you then used that hyperbole in your launch trailer... you seem pretty arrogant.

If they are actual quotes, why not use them? Big publishers will just take a couple of words from a quote and make it say something else entirely.

SharpAsShitGames Reviewer says "This game is fucking garbage, and it left me with a giant pile of exactly-the-opposite-of awesome sores on my eyeballs, that seeped into my head and caused brain cancer."

EA quotes "This game is...a giant pile of... awesome that seeped into my... brain!" -SharpAsShitGames.

So hey, if a reviewer genuinely said this about your game, fucking use it.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Lawsuit
12. Re: Tournament Shooting Lawsuit Sep 1, 2018, 00:15 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 22:33:
Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 21:49:
Overon wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 19:39:
No way that lawsuit has any legs. It won't go anywhere.

The guy has to try. Never heard in the stories of people who survive a mass shooting is the hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills they have to deal with for the rest of their lives, usually with no way to recoup those costs.

Suing whomever you can is pretty much the only shot you've got at not being financially ruined for the rest of your life.

I mean... That's what insurance is for. You know you're taking a risk when you don't have any. It's not that big of a risk, so most people are alright with taking it, but sometimes you roll snake eyes in life (or 1 on a D20, if you prefer).

Insurance plays really fucking dirty games in situations like these.

First off, there's an out of pocket maximum. For most people that's somewhere between 4 to 10 grand per year. But then you realize that you're going to be hitting that for the next five to ten years, which is typically how long it takes victims to recover fully (if they ever do) from a shooting. So now you're talking 20 to 100 grand. Who has that kind of cash lying around for a period of ten years? I sure as fuck don't.

And that's if your insurance pays for everything, which they very, very, VERY often just don't do. Got shot in Vegas and got treated in whichever hospital there? Oh, sorry, that hospital is out of network, so you're only covered for 50%, and your out of pocket maximum just shot up to 25K.

Need a medical flight so you can fly back home? Sorry, we don't pay for those. Suffer from PTSD? Sorry, we only pay for 2 psych consultations a year. Need a second or third surgery to fix that bullet wound? Sorry, we only allow one surgery per injury. Got such a substantial bullet wound that only an experimental surgery can possibly save your spine? Sorry, we don't pay for experimental surgeries.

You're even more fucked if your policy gets canceled and they send you to the marketplace to buy a new one. Now you're paying three times as much, and if it's up to the GOP, insurers can now refuse to enroll you because you have "existing medical conditions." (Thank you, fucking GOP. I hope each and every single one of you ratfuckers gets shot yourselves.)

Health Insurance ***WILL NOT*** make you whole in situations like these. If you get better with just ten thousand out of pocket, you're one of the lucky ones.

You can google it, and see hundreds of stories of people left with tens to hundreds of thousands in medical bills. And that's not even counting if they're severely injured and can't return to work, and now suddenly have to exist off disability. How the fuck are they going to pay for all this? And no, declaring bankruptcy is not an option, since these are ongoing medical bills. You bankrupt yourself in year 3, and the treatments of years 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 etc are still going to come out of your pocket, only now your credit is shot to shit, and you're already paying 25% APR on everything just to try to keep a roof above your head.

Suing every possible target is literally the ONLY chance (some of) these people have of EVER having hope of not being just financially destitute for the rest of their lives.

I mean, do I think EA is to blame for this? No, not at all. If anything, the blame should lie with the venue. But I don't blame the guy for suing them both. He's just trying to get what he can.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 31, 2018, 21:56 Creston

HAHAHAHAHA. Burn in hell, AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Charter and all the rest of you miserable fuckers. I hope we get 50 different net neutrality laws, fuck, I hope we get 900000 of them. And each one so different from the other that you can't just go with the strongest one and it'll serve all the others. Fuck no, I want laws that literally contradict each other everywhere, just to hear you fuckers SQUEAL AND WHINE AND HOWL in anguish.

Fuck you. I hope your corporate offices catch on fire with just your fucking executives in it, and the fire department refuses to save your ass because their fucking WATER WAS BEING THROTTLED.

Die in a goddamned fire.

News Comments > Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee
9. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Aug 31, 2018, 21:50 Creston

many of them own hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of pictures of virtual ships for CIG's upcoming space game(s)

FTFY.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Lawsuit
3. Re: Tournament Shooting Lawsuit Aug 31, 2018, 21:49 Creston

Overon wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 19:39:
No way that lawsuit has any legs. It won't go anywhere.

The guy has to try. Never heard in the stories of people who survive a mass shooting is the hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills they have to deal with for the rest of their lives, usually with no way to recoup those costs.

Suing whomever you can is pretty much the only shot you've got at not being financially ruined for the rest of your life.

30624 Comments. 1532 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo