Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28793 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer May 17, 2017, 11:57 Creston

Looks good

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed May 17, 2017, 09:28 Creston

Kajetan wrote on May 17, 2017, 08:03:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 17, 2017, 07:53:
... pricing model(30% fee on sales) ...
This i dont get.

30% may seem much, but Steam offers a developer exposure to a GIANT, WORLDWIDE customer base, which is only achievable with a marketing budget even the majors can afford often. If ever.

Not just that, but they provide you with multiplayer functionality, DRM (if you so choose), infinite bandwidth and seamless update functionality.

All of that costs money. Bandwidth alone is a pretty significant chunk at the absurd prices the US Mafia ISPs charge for it.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
18. Re: Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 May 17, 2017, 09:21 Creston

Redmask wrote on May 17, 2017, 07:48:
Ubisoft has made a factory operation out of generic open world games, they're the fucking acme widget makers of this industry.

Hahahaha. I mean, you're not wrong.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed May 16, 2017, 20:59 Creston

#THEHOTTESTTAKESONLYATPOLYGON

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2
5. Re: Ubisoft Financials Reveal Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 May 16, 2017, 20:57 Creston

If these new Far Cry adventures are genuinely new, then yes.

As for the Crew 2, I got the Crew for free and wound up enjoying it a LOT more than I thought I would, so if they build an even cooler map, I can see myself sign up.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2017, 21:53 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on May 15, 2017, 18:07:
The joke is had you actually thought about it for a second you'd have come up with a far cheaper and faster solution that even stupid end users can use, external HDD. (Although some of em might already get confused with more than 1 available drive letter....)

Yeah, except for convenience's sake, everyone leaves that connected, so the encryptor would have just encrypted that as well.

Ps.: your solution would actually be more expensive than just paying the trojan bitcoin fee. (Which I actually find exceptionally low....)

That's assuming that they will actually bother to unlock your files for you. Some do, some don't. Some unlock it, you think you're safe, and then ten days later the encryption comes back, and they demand another fee.

Never pay. If nobody ever paid the fucking fee, this ransomware bullshit would long have since ceased being an issue.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale May 15, 2017, 13:07 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on May 14, 2017, 22:38:
tried to make an asian bad-ass type yakuza guy.. dude looked like a half-melted g.i. joe

Haha. The Bioware facial generator strikes again!

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2017, 11:58 Creston

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on May 15, 2017, 11:24:
Creston wrote on May 15, 2017, 10:54:
Yay NSA.

Also, Dems, you guys promised the same thing when Obama was in the White House, and last year the NSA snooped on 156 million Americans' phone records.

Talk is cheap. DO something.

Oh wait, what am I saying... It's the government. Talking is all they do.

FYI You do realize the Lib Dems they are talking about are the British government variety?

On this side of the pond, I haven't seen any Repubs fixing this problem either.

I just now realized that, when I got around to reading the article. Hehe. :-oops-:

Here in the US, clearly nobody gives a shit about government snooping anymore.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 15, 2017, 10:54 Creston

Yay NSA.

Also, Dems, you guys promised the same thing when Obama was in the White House, and last year the NSA snooped on 156 million Americans' phone records.

Talk is cheap. DO something.

Oh wait, what am I saying... It's the government. Talking is all they do.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 12, 2017, 21:50 Creston

Thanks, NSA. You guys are the fucking best. I'm so glad our tax dollars go to your bullshit without any kind of fucking oversight whatsoever.

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2: Heavy Cargo Pack Released
2. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2: Heavy Cargo Pack Released May 12, 2017, 21:47 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on May 12, 2017, 20:10:
Interesting that the wheels on the cargo carrier turn.

Yeah, I was thinking "That's just cheating!"

It makes sense, without the wheels turning you'd never get that thing around all but the widest corners. Looks cool going around that roundabout, too. Almost like it's drifting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Sharks May 12, 2017, 11:43 Creston

"You are paddleboarding next to approximately 15 great white sharks. Is poo coming out?"

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 12, 2017, 11:38 Creston

"Only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized the 2016 US election-focused data thefts and disclosures, based on the scope and sensitivity of the targets," said [PDF] Coats.

"Russia has also leveraged cyberspace to seek to influence public opinion across Europe and Eurasia. We assess that Russian cyber operations will continue to target the United States and its allies."

"It's not fair! Only WE should be allowed to do that!"

Pot. Kettle. etc.

President Trump threw his own hat into the ring while the proceedings were going on. He told NBC News that he didn't fire Comey because of the recommendation of his Attorney General, as he told Comey in his dismissal letter. He said that he had always planned to do so.

"He's a showboat, he's grandstander, the FBI has been in turmoil," he said. "You know that, I know that. Everybody knows that."

Rotfl

Pot. Kettle. etc.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched May 12, 2017, 00:11 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 11, 2017, 14:51:
Was playing single player waiting for multiplayer to get a patch.. Was getting boring using the double ammo glitch and playing only a select few classes.

With the buff to incinerate, maybe the krogan engineer is actually worth playing? probably not.. still going to have to vanguard my way across gold.

Krogan Engineer is perfectly fine. I see plenty of them in Gold, and them seem pretty viable. They're just a little annoying to level, but then again so are most classes. Once you get them to 10+ they work well.

Agreed on Vanguard'ing in Gold though. That's the only class I use in Gold. I can't stay alive with any others.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: VR on Steam Greenlight
3. Re: Half-Life 2: VR on Steam Greenlight May 12, 2017, 00:04 Creston

Could be a lot of fun. I wonder how they are going to handle the movement problem, though?

News Comments > Mass Effect Series on Hold?
46. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 14:53 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on May 11, 2017, 11:44:
Creston here is a good example for that whole phenomenon because at ME:A release he was massively under the influence of the kool-aid... which I find surprising in his case. He is usually quite a critical person with somewhat decent taste even so I was kind of puzzled why he gave EA/Bio such a massive pass for their mediocrity. Must be some old days BioWare fanboyism or something... I didn't get it. But as we can see now, the tune has changed after the kool-aid has left the system.

And? In your world, is someone not allowed to change their opinion? Like I explained in my post to NKD, I very much enjoyed the game in the start. It's just that the start is really the coolest part of the game. The rest just very much peters out and becomes very same-same-same, and once you become so powerful that combat is no longer a challenge, that no longer provides a break from just doing the same shit over and over.

I'd still call it a pretty good game, especially if you like their implementation of mp, it's easy to get a good amount of fun out of it, but it's definitely an Ubisoft type "Quantity over quality" scenario. I've also never called it the greatest mass effect or anything. It EASILY ranks the lowest for me. But even so, it's still mass effect, the combat is cool (even if it gets too easy), the scenery is pretty, there are some excellent missions. It's not as if the game is garbage like you are pretending it to be.

But hey, if you want to sit there and bleat about how RIIIIIGGHHTHTT you were, go right ahead, dude. Golfclap

45. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 14:47 Creston

NKD wrote on May 11, 2017, 10:51:
And like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one around here who gave it high praise, so it's far from true that everyone here was circlejerking the game and CJ was the lone voice of dissent like he wants to pretend.

No, I liked it quite a bit as well. The opening mission was okay, Eos (the first part) was pretty dull, but the Vault was really cool, and then after that I went to Vould and had an absolutely great time playing that planet. Sliding the Nomad through the snow, taking out Kett bases, some cool sidequests, cool scenery, an absolutely AWESOME "take out the main enemy base" sequence. It was great.

I did the jungle planet next, and it was different enough to still be cool, even though it all felt pretty cramped and a little stupid because of it. (The turians whining that all their shit from the ark needs to be found, and some of it is literally FIVE FUCKING FEET from where they are standing), and you start to feel that, despite the fact they had five years to build this game, they clearly ran out of time to finish this planet properly.

And then you go to the next planet, and you realize... oh, it's literally like Vould, only it's a desert rather than snow. It's copy-pasta bases, encounters, etc. And then you go to kadara, and it's literally like Vould, only it's prairie instead of snow.

And where Eos is cool with the Vault and all, that coolness evaporates VERY rapidly when you realize that every single planet can be fixed by turning on three monoliths and flipping a switch in a (often pretty boring) vault.

Combine that with the fact that you very rapidly outpower all your enemies, and combat ceases to be a challenge by the mid level 20s, and all that's left is a long-ass slog through content you've already done before, with enemies that aren't challenging at all anymore. :\

The story missions are still good, and there are some very good and fun sidequests, but the big exploration deal just very rapidly becomes "Yeah, it's a planet with a yellow color rather than a white one."

MP is still great fun (we realllllly need new maps though, especially bigger ones), but I keep finding excuses not to continue with the sp portion. And I've played the other MEs through like 14-10-5 times respectively.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 11, 2017, 09:00 Creston

Well that's two minutes of my life I'm never getting back.

News Comments > NY Times on Star Citizen
15. Re: NY Times on Star Citizen May 11, 2017, 08:50 Creston

For now, both donors are willing to wait for Star Citizen

Well, what other choice do they have?

29. Re: Mass Effect Series on Hold? May 11, 2017, 08:47 Creston

bigspender wrote on May 11, 2017, 03:31:
Why would you put the whole series on hold?

Because Edmonton is working on their new IP which is now scheduled for FY 2019. So the series has to go on hold and wait for that to finish before Edmonton can do another ME game.

28793 Comments. 1440 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo