Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30267 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2018, 14:47 Creston

International House of barf?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 7, 2018, 14:35 Creston

Crackdown 3. Seriously, how much longer are they going to delay this turd? It went from "WITH TEH POWER OF TEH CLOUDZ YOU CAN BLOW UP EVERYTHING!" to "Well, you can blow up most things" to "You can't really blow up much in SP."

Once it's finally released, you'll be able to blow up one thing. Yourself.

It's really starting to become a sunk cost fallacy.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2018, 14:46.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content Jun 6, 2018, 17:46 Creston

Take the Millennium Falcon for a spin prior to when Han Solo won it in a game of sabac

Ie, before Han turned it into a flying garbage scow.

News Comments > The Crew 2 Post-Release Free and Paid Content
1. Re: The Crew 2 Post-Release Free and Paid Content Jun 6, 2018, 17:45 Creston

That's it? That's your whole season pass? Are you selling it for a dollar?

That's the most garbage season pass ever.

News Comments > Steam Opening the Gates
6. Re: Steam Opening the Gates Jun 6, 2018, 17:42 Creston

"We couldn't really agree on what to do, so we did the easiest thing we could do: We threw up our hands and said 'we're not doing jack shit anymore.'"

Great. Thanks Valve! Keep making more hats!

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Acquiring Harebrained Schemes
7. Re: Paradox Interactive Acquiring Harebrained Schemes Jun 6, 2018, 00:05 Creston

I'm never happy when I see a favored dev get bought by a publisher, but on the flipside, HBS has to eat, and Paradox isn't super terrible in my book. Yes, they DLC the shit out of their games, but at least it's by and large good DLC, and the games they release don't feel as if they've had 90% of their features stripped out.

So I hope this will let them build some more cool games in the future.

News Comments > Blizzard Reveals "Unannounced Diablo Project"
9. Re: Blizzard Reveals Jun 6, 2018, 00:02 Creston

Should be out in ~ 2025 or so.

News Comments > Does Vampyr Suck?
21. Re: Does Vampyr Suck? Jun 5, 2018, 17:37 Creston

Thanks for your thoughts on it, Fion!

News Comments > Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month
14. Re: Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered Edition Next Month Jun 5, 2018, 10:48 Creston

The buildings look a little better (far less shiny, plastic-y), but other than that this is highly underwhelming.

It's free, so whatever, but this isn't even worthy of a "Remaster" moniker.

Shame, I was hoping they'd really worked on making it look very modern.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 5, 2018, 10:42 Creston

Free trials for iOS Apps. But you'll still need a credit card just to download a free app?

News Comments > NBA 2K19 20th Anniversary Edition Details
1. Re: NBA 2K19 20th Anniversary Edition Details Jun 5, 2018, 10:41 Creston

100,000 Virtual Currency;
50,000 MyTEAM points;
20 MyTEAM League Packs (delivered one a week)
10 MyTEAM Heat Check Packs (delivered one a week beginning at the start of the NBA season)

Die in a fire.

News Comments > Does Vampyr Suck?
3. Re: Does Vampyr Suck? Jun 5, 2018, 10:33 Creston

Sucky combat, exactly what I was worried about.

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week
23. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week Jun 3, 2018, 22:25 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 10:10:
I don't get the bl2 loot complaints. Legendary named stuff fell very rarely, but everything else was great, I thought. it only felt grindy if you tried to farm legendaries.

No, it wasn't. Not compared to BL1. In BL1, guns could drop with wacky, crazy modifiers all the time, absolutely leading to one-of-a-kind guns. In BL1, I got lucky, and a x3 Acid gun dropped at like level 6. I had an absolute blast melting shit for the next 20 levels. And you'd see hundreds, if not thousands of different varieties before similarities started showing up.

In BL2, there were basically only ~ 30 guns, and they just dropped with slightly different stats all the time. And the only really unique / fun ones were the legendary ones, which never fucking dropped. The fact that they had to put in a loot box chest so players could get level-appropriate weapons shows you just how terrible the drop rates were.

BL2's loot system is fucking garbage. BL is only fun when you're mowing down hordes of guys left and right. When your weapons are so shit that every single mook takes 20 seconds to kill, the entire game turns into a giant, slow grind. Guess which of the two games suffered from that?

22. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week Jun 3, 2018, 22:21 Creston

TheBigVlad wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 10:50:
Creston wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 09:39:
Out of curiosity, what did you find bad about SW2's loot? (I haven't played it, just asking.)

It was filled with insubstantial % modifiers to boring stats. Like, upgrades that you stick into your weapon to give it +6% reload speed and +10% damage, stuff like that. There was nothing interesting there that I ever came across. What makes it even worse is the interface. It is a massive chore trying to find the best upgrade to put in your weapon since you can wind up with hundreds of upgrades and there are very limited options for sorting and filtering. A consistent naming convention would help (like 'flaming rune of speed' you can guess might upgrade flaming damage and speed) but no, the names are seemingly random. You can have two upgrades that modify the same stats by the same amount and be named completely differently. This all results in a lot of unnecessary clicking (no hovering over an item to see what it does) and way too much time spent in the inventory/upgrades screen. And you can't really ignore loot entirely since they've added elemental damage along with resistance/immunity on enemies, so elemental upgrades are a must. A lot of this would have been forgivable 10 years ago before Borderlands, but it's not like loot shooters are a new thing anymore. The stuff they screwed up on was pretty basic stuff.

Blegh, that sounds terrible... Thanks for explaining.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2018, 14:44 Creston

Sure, but it's a government job, so you can also fuck up in 15000000 different ways, and never be held responsible or get fired. Most of your job will also consist of just sitting there and never doing any actual work.

Also from the article, it sounds like they have the typical government problem already of plenty of chiefs and not enough Indians. (ie, way too many managers.)

Still, snarkiness aside, I applaud the effort. In 2018, the US government is finally going "Hey, this IT business. Maybe we should put some effort into that?"

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 2, 2018, 09:56 Creston

New California looks really good, just don't know if I have it in me to play on that awful old engine anymore.

15. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week Jun 2, 2018, 09:39 Creston

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 04:11:
AND OF COURSE COLLECTING LOOT!!!

I get that I'm in the minority of gaming humanity obviously, but nothing turns me OFF more than that shit. Borderlands sounded like the best thing ever until I discovered how loot focused it was. Blah.

As long as the loot is meaningful and you have a nice, constant progression, I quite enjoy the addition of loot. Borderlands, I think, did it pretty well. Borderlands 2, on the other hand, was a fucking retarded shitshow when it came to loot. Fuck MMO grinding. And then they decided to double down on even shittier loot for that god-fucking-awful prequel game.

TheBigVlad wrote on Jun 2, 2018, 09:10:
For me, the addition of loot mechanics to shooters is one trend I'm happy about. I like it and want to see more of them (just like I want more zombie games), but it needs to be done carefully or it can ruin a game. I just finished Shadow Warrior 2, which had the worst implementation of loot in a FPS I've ever seen. Don't do it like that.

Out of curiosity, what did you find bad about SW2's loot? (I haven't played it, just asking.)

5. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Next Week Jun 2, 2018, 00:11 Creston

Bioware has literally put all their eggs in this one basket. If it flops, I think they're going to get the EA gentle touch bullet to the head.

We'll see. So far, all it looks like is just EA's "ME TOO!" version of Destiny.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 1, 2018, 14:39 Creston

Valve, which owns Steam, placed the blame on Ata Berdyev, who the company called a "troll, with a history of customer abuse, publishing copyrighted material, and user review manipulation."

"We DO keep letting him publish his new games, of course. First off, curating games is really boring work and nobody ever rolls his desk over into the curator corner. Second, hey, 30% off a troll game that blatantly violates copyright is still 30%, amiright?!"

News Comments > Underworld Ascendant Trailer
3. Re: Underworld Ascendant Trailer Jun 1, 2018, 14:35 Creston

This looks pretty rough for something that's due in four months. On the flipside, they didn't get a ton of money from their KS; this is probably what a million bucks or so gets you.

30267 Comments. 1514 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo