Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28659 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2017, 15:47 Creston

Have you moved yet, Blue? Or are you still in NYC?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Launch Plans
1. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Launch Plans Apr 6, 2017, 15:46 Creston

*crickets*

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
47. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 15:46 Creston

DarkCntry wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 15:41:
It should say something that in my 100+ hours in the game I honestly don't even remember the character in question...

It's a super minor character. She shows up on Eos, and the only reason anyone even interacts with her, is because she gives you the quest to go investigate the tremors that lead to (spoiler) the Remnant Architect boss fight.

The only reason I even remember who she was was because the game kept telling me to "Go talk to Hainley", and whenever I did so, she had nothing to say. It wasn't until 30+ hours later that the quest finally became available.

News Comments > Stellaris: Utopia Launches
8. Re: Stellaris: Utopia Launches Apr 6, 2017, 13:55 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 12:56:
Utopia radically overhauls a lot of the systems in game to good effect. I started a new playthrough with a newly created race and the differences in just race creation are obvious. Totally having a blast so far, just picked up my second Ascencion perk and I've already maxed out one of the Traditions but I have been playing since ~0700 (or whenever it became available) and am smack dab in mid game.

Sounds awesome. The one thing that always made me a bit hesitant about this game is that it seemed you could fairly easily grind to a halt in the mid game, without being able to make decently quick advances against the AI. Is that still the case, do you think?

I'm very much tempted to purchase this now.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2017, 11:31 Creston

Grumpy Sod wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 11:05:
Beamer wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 11:01:
...the transsexual character starts every conversation with "I was born a different sex"...

I had been wanting to ask how badly it was done, is that actually how bad it is?

Yes, it is literally that bad. It comes out of absolutely nowhere, and it's clearly just Bioware going "We have a transgendered character! LOOKITHOWPROGRESSIVEWEARE!"

It's pathetic pandering, and done so in a pisspoor manner.

I mean, the character in DA:I did it too suddenly too (the Inquisitor comes out of nowhere and asks "So when did you decide this wasn't who you are", or something like that and it just baffled me, because there had been NO hints that the character was transgendered at all. So this was apparently some psychic bullshit knowledge that came to my character...), but at least it was done after you've already talked with him like five or six times. (even though no hint of it had ever been brought up.)

The Andromeda character, it's the first time you talk about it, and it comes out of nowhere. I fail to see why anyone would be "hurt" over it, but it's just pandering. It serves absolutely no purpose other than some EA manager ticking some frikking box.

15. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 11:26 Creston

We apologize to anyone who interacted with or was hurt by this conversation

Sigh

In any case, maybe now they'll finally stop trying so damn hard with their "Look! We have every possible flavor of character!"

It's literally some EA manager toolbag sitting there, ticking boxes. "Do we have gays? Lesbians? Transgendered? Good. Ship it."

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 5, 2017, 20:05 Creston

millennials -- generally defined as people under the age of 35 -- "love the programming on television but they don't love the experience on television," Kelly Merryman, YouTube's vice president of content partnerships, said in an interview. "How we can reimagine the television experience for the new generation?

"By pretending they'll endure that exact same experience, but on a FIVE INCH SCREEN instead! By the way, you guys won't believe how much money I make to come up with shit like this!"

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 5, 2017, 16:43 Creston

NetHead wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 15:24:
Creston wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 12:53:
Why on earth would you pay money to livestream Thursday Night Football???? For those twelve Detroit Lions / Jacksonville Jaguars / Cleveland Browns fans who don't have TV?

Maybe the bids were $20 versus $100? lol

They bid FIFTY MILLION dollars... If they up the price of Prime because of it, I'm going to lose my shit.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 5, 2017, 12:53 Creston

Why on earth would you pay money to livestream Thursday Night Football???? For those twelve Detroit Lions / Jacksonville Jaguars / Cleveland Browns fans who don't have TV?  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
42. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 12:03 Creston

OpticNerve wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 01:31:
There'll also be one more upcoming patch fix that was tweeted by the lead designer:

Ian S. Frazier: Among other things, this patch reduces the frequency of common "interruptors" such as SAM's hazard updates.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm on Elaaden now, and dear God it's even more annoying here than it was on Voeld...

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 4, 2017, 21:10 Creston

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 18:39:
10,000 funded game projects, 200 of which actually shipped. GG Kickstarter.

Was just going to say "How many actually produced a viable product?"

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week
10. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 4, 2017, 21:07 Creston

Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
Increasing the inventory limits

Yes and fuck yes.

News Comments > Steam Discovery Changes Will "Fight Fake Games"
20. Re: Steam Discovery Changes Will Apr 4, 2017, 18:02 Creston

They are looking to rely even more on community efforts to shape up the marketplace

Of course they are. Rolleyes Anything that gets them out of doing actual fucking WORK themselves.

Soon Steam will announce the awesome "Self-Support Portal!" where you can go to fix your own problem!

News Comments > Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M
16. Re: Cheat Maker Owes Blizzard $8.5M Apr 4, 2017, 18:00 Creston

If you don't defend yourself, you shouldn't be able to "continue the legal battle."

We as the taxpayers have already coughed up enough money for your horseshit.

That said, since they're in Germany, Blizzard won't be able to do jack shit.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 4, 2017, 00:10 Creston

"We make enough shitty 'games' on our own!"

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM in August
14. Re: Agents of MAYHEM in August Apr 4, 2017, 00:03 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 20:27:
Creston wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 17:47:
Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 14:23:
still want that proper sequel to Red Faction 2 btw.. fuckin A that would be good

Did you not like RF: Guerilla?

thats what i meant... is 2 before that one?

Yeah, Guerilla is technically Red Faction 3. There were two sorta ho-hum straight level shooters before Guerilla.

I agree though, I'd love another RF Guerilla. Imagine Guerilla in something like Frostbite. Drool

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2017, 00:01 Creston

Ajit Pai, get fucking ass cancer and die. Soon. You miserable, worthless piece of corporate cock-sucking fuckshit.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week
5. Re: Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week Apr 3, 2017, 23:59 Creston

Steele Johnson wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 22:06:
I'm disappointed in the devs. They somehow managed to remove all the atmosphere of the first one and replace it with a rather generic steath-based game with no style at all. Everything I liked about the first game is gone.

?? They replaced drab boring Dunwall with fresh looking Karnaca, and there's "no style at all?"

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week
4. Re: Dishonored 2 Free Trial This Week Apr 3, 2017, 23:58 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 20:37:
finally get to see whether or not this runs shitty or people are just stupid

They released a few patches that cleared things up a little, but there are still areas in some of the levels where it just noticeably chugs. On the flipside, it's nothing a 970 or higher doesn't just power through.

News Comments > Agents of MAYHEM in August
11. Re: Agents of MAYHEM in August Apr 3, 2017, 17:47 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 3, 2017, 14:23:
still want that proper sequel to Red Faction 2 btw.. fuckin A that would be good

Did you not like RF: Guerilla?

28659 Comments. 1433 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo