Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30810 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Biomutant Sizzle Reel
2. Re: Biomutant Sizzle Reel Dec 7, 2018, 12:53 Creston

That actually looked really good, apart from the fact the trailer ran at like 15fps in a lot of places.

Never even heard of this before, one to keep an eye on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE 2 in May
5. Re: RAGE 2 in May Dec 7, 2018, 12:42 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 12:09:
Looks awesome.. I played through that Mad Max game a few months back, the driving was excellent. If they're going to mix that driving with some Wolfenstein/Doom style FPS combat, this game could end up being amazing!

PS. Excuse my wanton enthusiasm for an unreleased game.

No worries, I agree, it looks excellent.

Btw, compare this trailer to the earlier one Blue linked. Does it look to you guys like they cartoonified the graphics?

News Comments > Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased
4. Re: Dragon Age The Dread Wolf Rises Teased Dec 7, 2018, 12:40 Creston

The title seems to indicate they'll continue the story of Solas, so that's good news at least. But yeah, I imagine this is going to be out in 2021 or 2022 at the earliest.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Launches
9. Re: Epic Games Store Launches Dec 7, 2018, 12:37 Creston

The first games on the store are Hades by Supergiant Games, Ashen by Annapurna/A44, and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek by tinyBuild, and theyíre available now!

Hellz yeah! Help me get my pants off!

*reads on a little bit.*

Holy shit, they're giving away Subnautica for free??

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
3. Re: Anthem Demo in February Dec 7, 2018, 12:31 Creston

I gotta admit, for all the shit I've been giving them, and for all I think this is going to bomb spectacularly, it's very evident of confidence on their part that they're doing a demo. Kudos to them.

I'll definitely check it out. And if I've been wrong, I'll happily admit it and buy it.

As for the trailer, it looks cool, though sigh, we again get the Generic Bad Guy who just wants to End All Suffering by killing everybody? Holy shit, can developers REALLY not come up with anything better than that anymore?

And I have to laugh every time I see the way-over-the-top facial animations on that goofy guy. "You won't ever be able to say we didn't give a shit about facial animations anymore!" - Every Bioware animator since Andromeda.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 6, 2018, 21:37 Creston

Yeah, no shit. I wish they'd asked him "Brian, are you okay? Are they making you say this against your will? Blink twice if they are!"

The Holy Grail. FFS.

News Comments > Truck Driver Trailer
1. Re: Truck Driver Trailer Dec 6, 2018, 17:42 Creston

I don't get why anyone would play this over ETS or ATS? It's basically the same game from the looks of the trailer, except this looks more sparsely populated.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2018, 12:22 Creston

US government looks at Australia and gets a mad, mad boner.

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Released
27. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 5, 2018, 23:35 Creston

There is something seriously fucked with the graphics in this game. Every texture has this weird grid raster super imposed on it, it looks terrible. The consoles have it significantly worse than the PC, but it still looks absolutely awful.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2018, 12:23 Creston

It's probably ink, Blue. My dogs do that sometimes when they eat a pen.

It should go away in a day or two. If it doesn't, obviously go to your vet.

21. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 5, 2018, 09:56 Creston

Reactor wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 09:45:
Iím a huge JC fan, but because of the silly pricing and issues, I decided to get X4 instead. Feels kinda weird not getting in on it right away, but I guess Iíll get it later...

I went exactly the other way around. Huge X fan, but decided to wait until it's patched before plunging in, as the amount of bugs I read about on their forum is staggering.

20. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 5, 2018, 09:55 Creston

Xero wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 08:54:
I imagine you can up the difficulty or wait until you get to the more difficult areas. The release of this game had me intrigued to fire up JC3 again last night and continue where I left off which is in heavily fortified areas. I must of died 20 times.

It is true that you recover health but with the amount of bullets fired at you and enemies literally spawning behind you nonstop, it's almost impossible to hide. It's become obnoxiously hard. Like I literally get in, destroy a thing or two right before I die and repeat until I clear it, lol.

I have yet to find where the difficulty slider is in JC4... Admittedly I didn't look very hard.

JC3 went way too far in the difficult direction, imo. JC isn't fun when 20 seconds after attacking a major base you're swamped and you constantly have to run and hide (or flee) to survive. JC is fun when you're swinging around on your parachute, dropping grenades on enemies, hijacking a helicopter, crashing it into a tank, grapple a few guys together and then balloon dunk them off a cliff etc.

None of that is possible if you die within 2 seconds of being out in the open.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2018, 08:59 Creston

Lawyers much more responsive than some IT security

They do pay the lawyers substantially better.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Event This Week
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Play Event This Week Dec 5, 2018, 08:56 Creston

aka_STEVE wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 07:56:
How is this ? I've always thought about playing it but always got distracted by other releases & never got to it....

Quests are good. Story is good (what I've seen of it.) The world is very pretty, but parts of it are weirdly out of proportion (like, every house etc makes you feel as if your character is two feet tall) and very empty in cities. Barely any NPCs walking around. Combat is soul-crushingly boring. They fuck non-subscribers by not giving them a crafting bag.

In short, it's a bog-standard MMO. A buddy of mine talked me into it "Let's play it, it'll tide us over until ES6!" But playing it is Just. So. Boring...

I paid 30 bucks for the base game plus Morrowind plus whatever that new isle is called. I honestly regret the 30 bucks I spent on it.

13. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 5, 2018, 08:36 Creston

Oh, one thing I will say, every single one of their videos does NOT do the tornado justice! It. Is. AWESOME. Apart from the AI essentially ignoring it (which is fucking stupid. I mean, they'll literally just drive right at it...) everything else about it is fantastic. Its force, the suction effect, the physics around it. Just excellent.

If you grapple away while you're in the suction zone, you see Rico straining against the wind, and your path arcs etc.

Only thing is that so far, it does not appear as if it can actually kill you. But then, that's pretty much a thing that's true in the entire game. The only thing I've died to are vehicle explosions. Your health regenerates so fast, and other than the vehicle explosions, there doesn't seem to be a way to die in one shot. You always wind up on the nearly dead and then in like 2 seconds you're fine again.

I don't personally mind, JC is always more fun if you can just run and zipline around without much worrying about dying, but some people may find this too forgiving.

In any case, the tornado is fucking brilliant.

12. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 5, 2018, 08:28 Creston

Rhett wrote on Dec 4, 2018, 21:32:
It sounds and looks exactly the same as previous games, and there's tons of complaints about not being able to bind things I guess? Sounds like a shoddy console port from what I've heard, anyway.

You can bind things, but it's super annoying to try to rebind something, because if a key you wish to rebind it to is already bound to something else, it will refuse to let you rebind it. (Instead of, you know, just clearing the binding of said key and leaving it open, like every OTHER DEVELOPER IN EXISTENCE does.)

So if you want to rebind something to F, you first have to find what F is bound to, rebind THAT key (hopefully to something that's available, otherwise you're just having to extend the trail, so to speak), then go back to the original key you wanted to rebind and rebind it to F.

As for it being a console port, absolutely. The absolutely horrible menu controls only confirm that. For example, the first time I played, I was shocked with how shitty everything looked. Just hazy, unfocused, etc. Like there were 16 different "Make It Shittier!" filters applied.

I dug through the graphics options, no way to turn any of that shit off, and, weirdly, no way to confirm the changes I was making to the few existing options. The only way I could that was by right clicking the mouse to exit the menu, then left clicking to confirm that I wanted the changes to stick... There was no apply button or anything.

It wasn't until the next day when I read a performance review, that I realized there were more graphics option than what I was seeing. I just could not get to them. I tried again, and sure enough, still nothing.

I finally wound up having to plug in a controller just to get the graphics menu to realize "oh, hey, there's like 9 more options, you just have to scroll to get to them!" and it actually gave me said scroll bar and allowed me to scroll down. Rolleyes

Fortunately a lot of those options allowed me to turn off all the shitty effects (fuck motion blur, fuck Bokeh DoF). Well, all except the film grain, which seems to still be there. Hopefully someone will quickly find how to turn that garbage-ass effect off. (*F*U*C*K* Film grain and every developer who thinks it should be in their game.)

I'm still enjoying the game, but I really only recommend it to huge JC fans.

11. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 5, 2018, 08:20 Creston

maddog wrote on Dec 5, 2018, 00:15:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2018, 21:09:

The map is nicely varied (still not as good as JC2's map though), the action is still good and fun as ever, the story takes itself waaaaay too seriously but does have some good moments as well, here and there. The driving is much improved over JC3, you can actually pull off decent powerslides now.

Can I ask a question about the map? Is it all locked and you can only go to one area at a time? I grew frustrated with JC3 when I would try to go to other areas of the map only to be bommbed into oblivion on an area I had not unlocked yet.

Give me the whole fricking map like JC2.

The map itself is completely unlocked basically from the get-go. The first thing I did was to just fly around in my wing suit for yonks just gawking at all the pretty scenery

News Comments > Epic's Online Store To Undercut Steam Royalties
35. Re: Epic's Online Store To Undercut Steam Royalties Dec 4, 2018, 21:13 Creston

At this rate, Steam's going to be irrelevant in three to five years time. Every single dev will just have their own client, and nobody will want to deal with Steam's greedy bullshit percentages anymore.

News Comments > Dragon Age Return May Take Ages
1. Re: Dragon Age Return May Take Ages Dec 4, 2018, 21:11 Creston

There won't be a new Dragon Age. Anthem is NOT going to sell enough to please EA, and that will be the end of Bioware.

7. Re: Just Cause 4 Released Dec 4, 2018, 21:09 Creston

I've been playing it since last night. Barring occasional crashes (Grrrr) it's run extremely smooth, though it really isn't the graphical 'achievement' they've been hyping it to be. It barely looks better than JC3, and in quite a few areas it actually looks worse. It runs at like 80+ fps on a 1070ti with everything turned to max at 1080p. Sadly, their AA implementations are garbage, so there are a lot of jaggies at 1080p.

The map is nicely varied (still not as good as JC2's map though), the action is still good and fun as ever, the story takes itself waaaaay too seriously but does have some good moments as well, here and there. The driving is much improved over JC3, you can actually pull off decent powerslides now.

The big star is, of course, the rockets and attractors and balloons on your grapple, and they do lead to absolutely awesome and/or hilarious things. I tend to set myself the rule that I can't blow up chaos items with explosives, so I'm forced to get creative, which leads to really fun stuff.

Speaking of chaos items, they're less elaborate and seemingly far, FAR fewer in number, than they were in JC3. No idea what they were thinking there...

All in all, you need to ask yourself a single question: Do I like the constant combat chaos of JC? If so, you'll very much enjoy JC4. If you don't like it, then don't get it, because it's basically all you'll be doing. Every mission and sidequest just exists to get you into mass brawls with tons of enemy vehicles and soldiers.

I'm quite enjoying it, though I really wish they'd stuck with the MASSIVE chaos items from JC3.

30810 Comments. 1541 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo