Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27847 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
19. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Nov 29, 2016, 14:16 Creston

Dayum that is pretty.

I think I'll pick this up for Xmas. Well, it's either this or FF15.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 13:45 Creston

Thank you, UK, for making the US not look as bad in comparison.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 29, 2016, 13:40 Creston

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 13:26:
The dtv streaming service won't kill traditional tv. Until the general public stops requiring their hands to be held when anything electronic is involved (which will be never), there will always be a massive amount of people wanting to just turn it on and watch.

At what price point, though? The more people that cut the cable, the fewer subscribers have to bear the burden of paying for the exorbitant carrier fees and even more exorbitant Profit Needs of the telcos. It's anecdotally, of course, but I know of half a dozen colleagues on my floor who are going to cut the cord because the price of TV has gotten completely retarded. These are guys who love watching sports, but just don't want to pay 120-150 dollars a month for it anymore.

A year from now, that price will be 140-170, then 160-190, etc etc. There's going to come a point, and I think it's pretty soon, when a large majority of the population is going to say "This is ridiculous" and just quit.

On a sidenote, I'd also like to point out the hilarity that getting Direct-TV's cheapest TV package costs like $100, but you can get their online thing for $35. So is it really the carrier fees that make TV so expensive, AT&T, or is it your 300% profit markup?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2016, 23:27 Creston

sauron wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 20:58:
Hmm, while browsing the All-Seeing Eye network here at Barad-Dur, I noticed what seems like a good deal online.

Surface Pro 3 deal

And shipping to Mordor is free, via Hobbit Special Delivery.

So the deal seems to include both entertainment, and dinner...

Any comments welcome - would this thing run Divinity: Original Sin? And maybe Pillars of Eternity? Thanks for advice.

I would stay faaaaaar the fuck away from Surfaces. I support them at work and they are non-stop problems. Microsoft is STILL trying to fix the battery life issues on the Surface 3 (and have been for well over a year now.)

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2016, 19:07 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 15:28:
Picked up Witcher 3 goty ed. figured $30 was more than a worth while price. Seeing the file was over 40gigs I decided I'd go on a long bike ride figured it'd be done when I got back. Well it was mostly done, when I got back my network was down, I reset it then my computer started flipping out, 99% memory and disk usage even after a full shutdown/boot. Managed to get it into safe mode, where the problem did not occur, and some googling pointed to the network drivers as a possible cause. Disabled it in the start up, replaced the drivers and everything seems to be working now. I guess the game defaults to hard mode and the challenge starts before you even get it downloaded . That or Comcast was pissed I was using the bandwidth I paid for and decided to hose my network and computer.

Weird. Here's a tip if you run into Witcher 3 black screening OFTEN (as in within minutes of starting): Underclock your video card. I know it sounds weird, but if I run my card at normal speed I can't even get past the very first balcony view. Underclock it by like 10mhz and 30mhz, boom, it'll crash maybe twice in 150 hours of play.

The game is so fucking awesome, it's well worth the hassle. Trust me.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
16. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 19:01 Creston

Ravor wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 17:51:
Dear Hello Games,

I have nominated your game via Steam for the "Biggest Piece of Shit".

Thanks!

-Rav

That should be a landslide.

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
33. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 26, 2016, 18:57 Creston

Alright, that all makes sense. Thanks for explaining, guys.  

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
26. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 26, 2016, 11:42 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 20:57:
The state of Pennsylvania admitted their proposed voter id law would disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of legitimate voters. Not surprisingly, a majority of those voters were minority voters.

This isn't meant to be snarky, so don't take it that way. The voted ID law would require you to provide a government-supplied (or sanctioned) ID before you could vote, right? So how could that disenfranchise so many legitimate voters?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 26, 2016, 11:36 Creston

I really like Amazon, but that is a fucking shitty move. At least, if you're going to allow pre-orders, don't allow people to get more than two, Amazon. That post from the jackass who got five for resale is really just indicative of how stupid this process was.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
54. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 18:54 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 15:42:
Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2016, 11:32:
Dishonored 2 is 35 bucks on Amazon right now.

I can't remember recent years having such savings so close to release. I've gotten Dishonored 2, BF1, and Titanfall 2, all for upwards of half off.

On the one hand, it's awesome, on the other, I can't help but wonder which IPs (hello Titanfall!) it might be the death of in the future...

I think Titanfall and Dishonored are done for. BF is too big, but those two are not recouping anywhere near what they were expected to.

48. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 25, 2016, 11:32 Creston

Dishonored 2 is 35 bucks on Amazon right now.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2016, 18:58 Creston

That is a bad-ass name for a sickness, btw.

"I've got Thunderstorm Asthma!"

*Well-timed bolt of lightning strikes in the background*

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
1. Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 24, 2016, 14:20 Creston

"Laws and the Constitution don't matter, as long as we get what we want."

- the US government and its many agencies.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
1. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 24, 2016, 14:16 Creston

Look, I understand grasping at straws in some vein hope of turning the election result around, by how is a recount actually going to 'prove' hacking? (assuming that took place to begin with.)

Any halfway decent hacker that interfered in this will have simply changed individual results from one party to the other, so a recount isn't going to find that. So unless some hacker just added 100K votes to Trump's total at the end, you're not going to achieve anything other than waste millions and millions of dollars.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Metaverse
1. Re: Thanksgiving Metaverse Nov 24, 2016, 14:12 Creston

Freedom of speech, ever heard of it, Steve Huffman?

(and before people go off on a rant that it's his own site and he can do whatever he wants with it, reddit is supposedly a neutral news site. So much for that claim.)

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2016, 14:19.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2016, 14:11 Creston

Happy Thanksgiving, fellas!

31. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 12:37 Creston

For those who are interested, Battlefield 1 is 30 bucks on Amazon right now.

29. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 12:15 Creston

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 11:57:
I think I'll give Cities Skylines a try, for 8 bucks even if it isn't great I won't mind too much.

Fortunately it IS actually great.

I'd recommend reading a few guides on the traffic though. Your main job in it is to make traffic run smoothly, otherwise your entire city dies in gridlock, and it can be frustrating to figure out on your own.

(their DLC is on sale too, for those who don't have it yet.)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 24, 2016, 10:56 Creston

Saboth wrote on Nov 23, 2016, 21:15:
Sounds like Trump's FCC advisor is in the pocket of big corporate right off the bat. He states there are very few monopolies and in the case of a monopoly he wants to leave it in the hands of the states.

Which is fucking retarded, because the Internet is not a State matter. The internet obviously traverses across state lines, so by its very fucking definition it falls under FEDERAL authority.

There is literally nobody in Trump's fucking team that even understands basic US law.

21. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 10:53 Creston

yuastnav wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 10:49:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 09:54:
I also miss daily flash sales. They were fun. But there's a lot of really good deals in this sale. I wouldn't call them mediocre.

As for Doom VS Shadow Warrior 2, they're still pretty different games. Shadow Warrior is more freeform, open ended and customizable. Doom is more linear and focused. I do prefer SW2. The combat is just so much better. I would definitely play both though.

They claimed that they added the glory kills to Doom to make the game faster. What a load of bullsh*t. Play SW2 and tell me which one is faster. Glory kills are only there to make the game playable for gamepad users.

That is my point exactly. The glory kill system ruined DOOM for me. I couldn't play it for more than a few hours. Plus it didn't help that I didn't like the map design. The shooting felt okay. Not great.

Shadow Warrior 2 is a whole different beast to me. TB criticised it because of the whole "looter shooter" thing which is ridiculous to me because I never looked at this game this way. The shooting feels tremendously satisfying, the maps are great and the movement is so much fun. You can be so fast in this game.

Stop it yuastnav, before you convert me and I go make an impulse buy!

27847 Comments. 1393 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo