Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29175 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
77. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 17, 2017, 19:10 Creston

mr_toad wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 16:28:
My .02 about SC -- my brain thinks it's a giant ponzi scheme my heart hopes it not and that the faith of its backers would be well placed.

I honestly don't think it started out that way. I think CR and his group of devs genuinely wanted to make a great game, sell it, then see how far they could go.

But once they saw that 300+ of them could draw healthy salaries and benefits because there are enough people who will pay for pictures of pretty starships, they all went "Wait a second... If we finish this game, people will stop giving us money for pretty pictures of starships, but if we just keep on developing it, and keep drawing more pretty pictures of pretty starships, people will keep giving us money almost indefinitely!"

If people keep giving them money for five more years, there will be no game for five more years, but once the money stops coming in, the game is going to be out in a few months time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2017, 16:42 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 12:04:
I can't blame them. Going from my old Amazon building to the brand new biggest sort center ever, it's night and day the level of tech and engineering that goes into a place. Once they get driver-less vehicles, and robots that can load and unload trucks, Amazon will be vastly automated.

Well, you CAN blame them, it's just that they don't give a shit. Once their revenue streams dry up, I'm sure corporations will blame all those "damn unemployed people who don't buy anything!" too.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2017, 11:55 Creston

Yep. Corporations apparently feel that if the middle class completely vanishes, there will still be plenty of customers to sell their products to.

I'm not quite sure there will be, but hey, at least they saved $12 a year.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released
3. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 17, 2017, 11:51 Creston

Acleacius wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:31:
maybe this will be the South Park version of Far Cry, with spears and prehistoric animals?

No, funny enough, Ubisoft actually said that this game would "make fun of the worst parts of far cry and watch dogs."

Apparently by "make fun of" they meant "have exactly the same grindy shit" as those two series.

News Comments > Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players
12. Re: Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players Oct 17, 2017, 11:24 Creston

35 million players, 34 million of which are toxic assholes.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Oct 17, 2017, 11:17 Creston

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:36:
Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 10:34:
Jonjonz wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 07:52:
If lootboxes gains enough tracktion with Korparate Amerka, expect to see this applied to all consumer goods, from groceries to gasoline.

Soon the first corporation will announce that its staff is getting paid in loot boxes. It may have part of your salary in it! Or a roast beef sandwich! Or an old shoebox filled with sand! You never know, but you ALWAYS WIN SOMETHING!

Fuck publishers and their loot boxes.

It could be anything in that box, even a boat!

You never know! The sky is the limit! (*)

(*) The sky is not actually the limit. Limit is roughly equivalent to $0.50.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Oct 17, 2017, 10:34 Creston

Jonjonz wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 07:52:
If lootboxes gains enough tracktion with Korparate Amerka, expect to see this applied to all consumer goods, from groceries to gasoline.

Soon the first corporation will announce that its staff is getting paid in loot boxes. It may have part of your salary in it! Or a roast beef sandwich! Or an old shoebox filled with sand! You never know, but you ALWAYS WIN SOMETHING!

Fuck publishers and their loot boxes.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2017, 10:08 Creston

I'm fairly sure that's not just an American thing. I doubt people in Europe go "Yeah, a robot took my job, it's fucking AWESOME!"

In any case, automation is going to WRECK the amount of jobs available, especially low-mid level blue collar jobs. Anyone who sits there tut-tutting it is a moron.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2017, 10:21.

News Comments > ELEX Released
1. Re: ELEX Released Oct 17, 2017, 10:07 Creston

That's an unfortunate marketing slogan, you know...

"Elex! Don't do it!"

68. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 17, 2017, 10:04 Creston

Squirmer wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 17:13:
Like it or not, Star Citizen is newsworthy. The biggest crowd-funded game, with the potential to be one of the biggest scandals in the game industry. Makes sense for Blue to keep track of these delays and controversies.

I think we can safely say that if SC goes tits up, it will be THE biggest scandal in the history of gaming. I can't see anything else that even comes close.

(Not saying that it will go tits up, btw.)

News Comments > ELEX Launch Trailer
4. Re: ELEX Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 09:32 Creston

Interesting that they call themselves "Developers of Gothic" and don't mention Risen. Trailer looks good.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Launch Trailer
5. Re: Destiny 2 PC Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 09:13 Creston

Not gonna lie, it LOOKS amazing.

News Comments > PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players
14. Re: PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players Oct 16, 2017, 14:07 Creston

Zoom wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 10:49:
Do they still ban people killing streamers ? Since about half of the PUBG population is streaming it makes for a lot of bans. I personally cannot give a fuck about streamers and do not know any of them, and it seems even if you snipe some obscure twitcher he can post a complaint and get you banned for stream-sniping. Really turns me off from the game (well the bunny hopping and spray strafing did not help make a good case either..)

I thought stream-sniping was where you found him and decided to be obnoxious? Now KILLING a streamer gets you banned???

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent
10. Re: CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent Oct 16, 2017, 14:04 Creston

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:33:
Compare to Skyrim, where you don't really play a character, and where you're always annoyed that you're known by sight as the best warrior ever but morons keep talking down to you and challenging you to fights. Somehow I never felt like The Witcher 3 had this issue, even if I was still world renowned...

They actually made a little tongue in cheek joke about that in Blood & Wine. There's a bandit camp off all the way to one side of the map, the bandits attack you as soon as they see you, you slaughter them of course, and Geralt deadpans "I never understand why people would willingly attack an armed Witcher."

Which is so true. I mean, Geralt should be very well known (ESPECIALLY in Toussaint) at that point. Plenty of people shout at him and call him the Butcher of Blaviken after a mere glance, and of course it's immediately evident that he's a Witcher because of his eyes. And yet bandits will still happily attack him.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent
6. Re: CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent Oct 16, 2017, 12:27 Creston

Yeah, it's a massively different sort of game, will need a different style of gameplay, and of course they haven't done themselves any favors by claiming that Cyberpunk will be "massively bigger" than the Witcher 3.

Witcher 3 is already kind of TOO big. Every time I play through it, I make up my mind that THIS TIME I'm going to do everything, and I never do. It's just too much. I'm kind of dreading a game that's even bigger. Their writing staff nearly killed themselves trying to come up with good quests for a game that large, so they probably aren't over-enthused by the prospect of having to create even MORE.

But all that said, these guys know what they're doing. They've made three games in ten years, and every single time, the quality made a humongous leap. Witcher 1 is a good, but flawed game. Witcher 2 is a great game. Witcher 3 is an all-time classic.

If they keep going like that, Cyberpunk 2077 will be the game that ends the game industry, since everyone will just play that forever and ever, amen.

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
6. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 12:23 Creston

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:52:
While I get peoples gripes about Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 and Witcher 3..

These are still some of the best story RPGs I've ever seen. I mean Witcher 3 DLC's alone are worthy of 80$ each as they are fantastic.

I still loved #1 story.. Alvin you little bastard!

The story in Witcher 1 was excellent. I kind of want to replay it to see the story again, but the systems are pretty damn rough. I wish CD Projekt had infinite money so they could just remake Witcher 1 and 2 in the engine of Witcher 3.

20. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 12:22 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:16:

Knowing your love of space sims and the X series, it would not surprise me at all if it was legit

If you ignore that the pictures of the pretty spaceships are just screenshots I made in various X games, then yes.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews
4. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews Oct 16, 2017, 12:20 Creston

So was this one developed by Obsidian?  

29175 Comments. 1459 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo