Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30724 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Limit Theory Cancelled
26. Re: Limit Theory Cancelled Oct 4, 2018, 14:02 Creston

I thought I had read this like last week already, but in any case, it's sad, but the writing kind of seemed on the wall after his nervous breakdown.

Shame, but on the flipside, I gave him $20 because I wanted to see what he could do, not because I ever expected to get anything resembling a good, fun game out of it.

I will say that some of the UI stuff he did in his demos was incredible, maybe even more so than his procedural generation. Why a dev hasn't snatched this guy up yet is beyond me. Imagine an X game with this UI... Drool

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 3, 2018, 20:32 Creston

I want California to just fucking SKEWER the entire broadband industry. Just hit them with 50 billion fucking regulations. So many that they come out of the CEOs' asses in buckets.

Just make them fucking bleed, Cali. BLEED.

The nation's broadband providers are the innovation engine of America's digital economy and remain committed to an open Internet for consumers

Fuck you. Fuck you and die screaming in a fire.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 3, 2018, 20:30 Creston

Bill Borre wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 20:11:
What the right hand giveth, the left hand taketh away.

At first glance it seems like these options are being taken away from people who make more than $15, not necessarily the people who just got a raise. It's doubtful the lowest-paid workers ever got stock options or anything.

And yeah, this is usually how it goes, the money has to come from somewhere. It's not like Bezos is going to give up profits and let the shareholders skewer him. So choice was probably either raise prices on merchandise or take from the ones making more than $15. Sucks for them, but hey, at least Bezos didn't pull a Trump and take from the poor to give to the filthy fucking rich.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 3, 2018, 20:23 Creston

So a colleague and I are in a restaurant having lunch, and the alert comes in, like 30 phones start buzzing, and people are just going "OH MY GAWD IS THERE A TORNADAW??!! WE GOTTA HIIIIIDE!!" (it's fucking 80 degrees and sunny outside. Yeah, it's a tornado. Rolleyes )

And I go "No, it's the test of the presidential alert system. No need to freak out, everybody. Just a test."

And the amount of people that looked at me like "What on earth are you talking about..." was just unbelievable. One lady even flat-out asked me what I was referring to. For fuck's sake, don't you people pay ANY attention to ANYTHING outside your fucking Facebook echo chambers?!

News Comments > Orwell Free on Steam
2. Re: Orwell Free on Steam Oct 3, 2018, 20:20 Creston

Free game? Yes, thank you.

Never heard of it, but it's getting excellent reviews on Steam.

News Comments > Alaskan Truck Simulator Announced
1. Re: Alaskan Truck Simulator Announced Oct 3, 2018, 20:18 Creston

You know, they HAD me with the first part of that trailer. Looks good, dangerous areas to drive in, kinda like ETS but with some challenge, this looks awesome.

And then it turned into a first person shooter, for whatever fucked up reason, and it was like the entire trailer just let out a giant wet fart.

Why??? The trucking stuff is EASILY good enough to stand on its own? Why put these bullshit fucking gimmicks in it? Did you just really badly want to be Star Citizen With Trucks or something?

Anyway, whatever. Pass.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week
16. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week Oct 3, 2018, 16:29 Creston

Pigeon wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 13:37:
Anyone play the Long War 2 mod for this? I always felt Long War greatly improved the base game, while adding some of it's own annoyances, curious how LW2 compared.

Also I remember not liking the soldier customization choices for this. If memory serves correctly everyone has the same body with some slightly different heads.

Unfortunately LW2 is not compatible with WotC. :\

News Comments > Windows 10 Gaming Updates
25. Re: Windows 10 Gaming Updates Oct 3, 2018, 13:08 Creston

Desalus wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 12:50:
It sure seems like it and I know I'm guilty of it too. It just seems far easier to complain about something than to praise it. Maybe we should all try to say one positive thing along with all of our complaining on each topic we post on.

Windows 10 didn't cause the Apocalypse yet. There, I'm good for the day!

(in any case, forgive us for not being impressed when Microsoft 'fixes' the garbage bullshit they themselves inflicted on us with Windows 10 to begin with. Yeah, maybe DON'T fucking reboot right in the middle of my work to do a goddamned OS upgrade, Microsoft. How fucking genius of you!)

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week
10. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Tactical Legacy Pack Next Week Oct 3, 2018, 11:32 Creston

Free DLC, Wooooooo! Thanks Jake & Team!!!

News Comments > X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month
33. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 3, 2018, 10:06 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 19:44:
They are certainly pulling all the punches, announcing not 1 but 2 expansions already and posting in their forums that optimization and polish "is not on the table until after release" ^^ Don't you feel pampered to by Egosoft yet?

Hmmmm, yeah, I'm gonna let somebody else pay to be a beta tester.

32. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 3, 2018, 10:05 Creston

yuastnav wrote on Oct 3, 2018, 06:07:
Hmm. Of course it is going to be buggy. I preordered X3 back in the day, it arrived on a Saturday. It was officially release on Friday but there were a few lucky souls who even got it on Thursday. Although I'm not sure if they were really lucky since the game crashed when you tried to leave Argon Prime, the first sector in the game.

Yeah, that was a fun one. Also, their sound engine was absolutely fucked on release, but they patched that within like a day or so. My absolute "favorite" bug of X3, however, was the bug that existed that would keep bloating your universe and savegame until it became absolutely unplayable after about 20 hours or so. It took them like 3 weeks to track that one down, I think I restarted like six times...

Of course I reached the end of the story and THAT was absolutely bugged, too. Left me in the sector just in my suit, 28km away from the next ship or station or something like that. Took some time until that was patched and I had to use a savegame from a few hours before the last mission.

I'd forgotten about that one! That was hilarious. At least until you realized you were literally like 9 hours away from getting back to anywhere.

After all this time X:Rebirth isn't fixed, though I managed to play through that game this year. And it was actually kinda fun.

? I played Rebirth this past January somewhere, and it worked fine? I don't think I ran into any bugs, just a few weird triggers for missions that were pretty finicky.

Yeah, I kinda want to preorder this game although preordering is a big no-no (with a few exceptions).

If you do, let us know how stupidly bugged it is at release.

12. Re: Windows 10 Gaming Updates Oct 2, 2018, 23:36 Creston

necrosis wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 19:52:
Lets see what 1809 breaks when it comes to gaming like 1803 before it.

Out of curiosity, what did 1803 break? I think it was actually the one update where I had no issues ***knocks feverishly on wood until his knuckles bleed***

11. Re: Windows 10 Gaming Updates Oct 2, 2018, 23:35 Creston

Wow, Microsoft, YOU SPOIL US SO! Rolleyes

Thanks for only having that take two fucking years before you implemented it, cockwallets.

27. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 2, 2018, 17:10 Creston

Slashman wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 14:38:
Oh I gotcha now. I think that 4 years is their turn around time. But at least this engine isn't new to them and they seem to have made some steps forward. They still have two months left to finish up and ship something worthwhile. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Don't get me wrong, I want this to be pants-shittingly awesome, but Rebirth left a really bad taste in my mouth (especially when Steam offered refunds for it, but I couldn't get one because I bought directly from Egosoft in an effort to give them more money, and they were like "Fuck you, no refunds on our literally incomplete alpha build.") They're gonna have to win me back.

News Comments > GOG.Com 10th Anniversary Giveaway Selection
22. Re: GOG.Com 10th Anniversary Giveaway Selection Oct 2, 2018, 14:16 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 12:20:
Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 08:24:
Anyone else have that vote page show up in Japanese for them?

This is for you Creston.

You fucker. I lol'ed so hard.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 2, 2018, 13:28 Creston

Awww man, that poor, poor HAPLESS Bitcoin entrepreneur! He just created a ponzi scheme entirely by accident(*). We should all pity the poor guy!

(*) Not actually by accident, but deliberately.

He doesn’t know exactly how much money he owes dozens of people

So hapless! Cry Cry

At the same time, some who loaned him bitcoin curse their foolishness for putting so much of their savings into the cryptocurrency and then lending some or all of it to a man halfway around the world, based on nothing more than a profile on a crypto lending website.

Giggle Giggle Giggle There are some really, REALLY fucking stupid people in this world.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2018, 13:25 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 12:12:
If you dare mention that the person is gay, or god forbid, show them in a relationship with someone of the same sex, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Reeee?

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
20. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 13:21 Creston

Xero wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 12:57:
My co-worker who read the majority of the Witcher novels says that Geralt was more so boring in the books than he was in the game.

Honestly, CDPR probably did more for Geralt's personality than the books ever did but I wouldn't know for sure.

This is 100% true. Geralt WHINES a lot in the books, and most of the time is just a total asshole. Now, admittedly, a lot of that is likely because, you know, he's a Witcher and his emotions were suppressed because of his mutations. But even so, having no emotions doesn't mean you have to be a mopey, sulking bitch 90% of the time.

The first few books are good, but they get very dull later on in the series. That last book that Sapkowsizhuasfasccscs wrote a few months back is truly just bad.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews
23. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews Oct 2, 2018, 13:18 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 06:15:
What's a starhole, bruh?! Is that when you are such an asshole that you have become a superstar at it?

That made me chuckle.

22. Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS Next Month Oct 2, 2018, 12:26 Creston

Slashman wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 11:39:
It did NOT come out of nowhere. They had a long video last year and detailed a lot of the game systems. And then another shorter one showcasing the station builder.

They didn't do lot of public advertising but it was not a 'OMG sudden thing!". I'm not saying that it will be good but please at least think before you open your mouth to talk about it.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. The GAME didn't come out of nowhere, it was announced like four years ago. The RELEASE came out of nowhere. Last we'd heard they were still in Alpha.

30724 Comments. 1537 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo