Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30245 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed
7. Re: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Revealed Jun 9, 2018, 21:49 Creston

Is this the open world Star Wars game?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Anthem Trailer and Details
9. Re: Anthem Trailer and Details Jun 9, 2018, 21:47 Creston

3000 manhours was probably spent on this trailer, and all I think when watching it is "meh."

It's pretty hilarious when Bioware's on-stage part starts with a woman going "HOW COOL WAS THAT TRAILER????!!" and literally like three people go "... woo..."

They should start thinking about renaming it "Swan Song", or "Death March".

News Comments > IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs
14. Re: IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs Jun 8, 2018, 22:31 Creston

Here's a very simple way of determining it.

Can you play your "sport" (game) at the very top level while looking like John Daly? (ie, a fat, chain-smoking slob.) If yes, then it's not a fucking athletic activity, and what you're playing is not a sport, it's a game.

(professional fighters are a different category.)

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Spied
9. Re: Just Cause 4 Spied Jun 8, 2018, 19:51 Creston

Hump wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 19:00:
There is no title I regretted more to have purchased as JC3

I didn't regret it, I still had fun playing it, but after about ten hours in I realized the entire island was exactly the same, and every town was literally copy-pasta'd, apart from the Two-Street-Capital.

It was just such a huge fucking disappointment after JC2.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 8, 2018, 19:49 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 19:23:
I've joked about it for years, but really, George RR is going to literally die before he finishes a Song of Ice and Fire.

I honestly think he's just written himself into a corner at this point, and doesn't even want to try to finish it. The show will end because they are going to kluge some shit together and just make the final season, but you saw how well that worked for the last season.

He doesn't want to finish it. He's made that pretty much clear with his words and actions. He's very wealthy because of it, and just wants to enjoy life, rather than be stuck in a room for the next three years to finish his story.

While it sucks for his fans, it's his life, so :-shrug-:
The TV show will give people an ending. It may not really be the ending GRRM planned, but since he's not going to do one anymore anyway, might as well consider it canon.

In any case, blegh to prequels.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 8, 2018, 19:47 Creston

Noooooooooooo!

Rolleyes

And they'll let the smirky fuck get away with it too. How is that cocksucker not in jail?

Oh wait, he's Trump's little bitch.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: All eyes on Canada Jun 8, 2018, 16:00 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 14:18:
Yeah but pot isn't legal in the Netherlands, it's decriminalized - to a point. Canada will be the first country where it's completely legal.

Potato potato. You will never get arrested for anything pot related in the Netherlands, unless maybe strangling someone to death with it, and even that's debatable.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 8, 2018, 15:07 Creston

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 14:34:
To start with, paying for your ISP is not paying for content. They don't really have anything to do with each other.

No, but perhaps they should? I pay 70 bucks a month to use ~ 700 Gigs or so. The cost of them delivering that 700 Gigs is literally 0.7 dollars. So how about AT&T kicks in 20 bucks to a content provider pool?

And that's of course not even counting that ISPs also charge the content providers and then ALSO try to charge in the middle.

That douchebag in his article made a retarded analogy between driving to the supermarket, but how about we just look at something more similar, the TV market.

I pay (Well, paid, but still) for TV access. I don't then also pay separately for every TV channel.

As long as ads keep being an attack vector, then screw that, they're not getting on my PC. There are literally two webpages for which I make an exception, and Blues is one. (Nexus Mods was the other, but I'm a lifetime member now, so I guess that doesn't even matter anymore.)

How does anything smaller survive? Look at Dark Horizons (a good movie news site linked here on occasion). They have that awful video overlay ad on every page if you surf unblocked (I really really hate this). But no one would pay for movie news aggregation.

Some people would. Not everyone, no. Either live off the few that are willing to pay, or start making content that people are willing to pay for?

The ad model is dying. Time to come up with something new. And maybe this time, don't go full fucking moron greedy with it and don't let it be used for attack vectors.

11. All eyes on Canada Jun 8, 2018, 13:31 Creston

Errr, you guys may want to call the Netherlands. I know, I know, it's over there in Europe, and who knows anything about freaking Europe?!

Canada's really not the first country to have legal marijuana. Now, G7 country, then yes, but the title says G7, and then the article says G20. I'm pretty sure NL is in the G20.

*Decides to look it up* Oh look, I guess the whole EU is in the G20.
(Also, why on God's green earth is ITALY in the freaking G7???)

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2018, 13:21 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 15:00:
International House of breakfast. Obviously.

Preparing for their hobbit themed mini-cafes called "IHOsb", or International House of Second Breakfast. Obviously.

IHO11?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 8, 2018, 13:17 Creston

Funny, I thought I was paying for the 'net. In fact, I'm paying 70 bucks a month for it.

If you could have kept your ads modest and not intrusive, for example, like done here on Blues, I have no problem with them. But you greedy website fuckers had to get MORE ADS MORE MONEY MORE ADS MORE MONEY MORE MONEY MORE MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MOENENERYERYERYEREYRAYRADSS" and drown everyone in bullshit.

And now, not even satisfied with that, you have to get malware into it and hijackers and all other kinds of bullshit, and I happily say "Fuck you and your ads."

Oh, that means you can't produce content anymore? Oh noes. Plenty more web pages to read.

3. Re: IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs Jun 8, 2018, 13:09 Creston

Also:

Gamers are an extreme use case.

Correct. Posture wise, gamers sit in terrible positions, and for absurd amounts of time.

They’re athletes

No. No they are not. Gaming is not an athletic activity. Stop calling them athletes on end.

2. Re: IKEA Plans Custom Gaming Chairs Jun 8, 2018, 13:06 Creston

You know, this sounds like a pretty freaking great idea. Why NOT have your chair customized for your posture? Up until now, it's been impossibly expensive, but with good 3D printing, this should become a cinch.

As someone who desperately struggles to find a good chair to sit on (I'm 6'4" with pretty long legs), this may finally get me something good.

As long as they can keep the price below $500, I am totally down for this.

4. Re: Just Cause 4 Spied Jun 8, 2018, 13:04 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 8, 2018, 12:49:
Has Avalanche blown up in size lately, or should we be worried? Rage 2 and Just Cause 4 simultaneously is a tall order in itself, but there's also a new IP FPS they've teased for E3: https://twitter.com/chsundberg/status/1004363949662507009

They've worked on multiple games for a while now, so they've probably gotten a bit bigger but perhaps not hugely so.

The bigger worry is which team is working on JC4? Because if it's the JC2 team (aka, the A team), then woohoo! If it's the same toolbag team that did JC3, then *wet fart noise*

1. Re: Just Cause 4 Spied Jun 8, 2018, 12:32 Creston

Please please please please please make the world as cool as in JC2, rather than as samey samey and drab as in JC3. Please please please.

News Comments > Generation Zero Announced
7. Re: Generation Zero Announced Jun 7, 2018, 23:49 Creston

Slashman wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 19:50:
Why 80s Sweden?

Eh why not. And also probably to catch in on a little of the Stranger Things hype?

Btw, I swear I watched a movie on Netflix that has the exact same robots in it.

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Announced
8. Re: HITMAN 2 Announced Jun 7, 2018, 23:48 Creston

Sepharo wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 21:26:
NamecaF wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 20:41:
Sean Bean's doing video game trailer voice-overs now? Is that the only way he can get a gig without being inevitably killed off? Poor bastard.

He's been involved with video games for a long time afaik

edit: Oh I missed the part about "inevitably killed off"...
His first video game voice was the emperor in Oblivion... he dies before the tutorial is over lol

Patrick Stewart does the Emperor's voice in Oblivion. Sean Bay does the voice of his bastard son. Though he does die, it's not until all the way at the end.

News Comments > Fear the Wolves Early Access This Summer
7. Re: Fear the Wolves Early Access This Summer Jun 7, 2018, 15:21 Creston

Oh, a new STALKER!

Oh, it's a battle royale. Rolleyes

Fuck the gaming industry and it's Me too attitude.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2018, 14:47 Creston

International House of barf?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 7, 2018, 14:35 Creston

Crackdown 3. Seriously, how much longer are they going to delay this turd? It went from "WITH TEH POWER OF TEH CLOUDZ YOU CAN BLOW UP EVERYTHING!" to "Well, you can blow up most things" to "You can't really blow up much in SP."

Once it's finally released, you'll be able to blow up one thing. Yourself.

It's really starting to become a sunk cost fallacy.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2018, 14:46.

30245 Comments. 1513 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo