Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27589 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:36 Creston

WOOOOOOOOO! COME ON 4PM!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
33. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 23, 2016, 09:49 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 09:16:
Yeah, there was some game, can't recall which, that I remember buying and playing for a bit. I kept thinking "man, I must weirdly be a god at this game, everyone said it's rough but here I am, kicking so much ass I already have some fantastic weapons."

Saints Row III? It happened to me in that one.

31. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 23, 2016, 09:47 Creston

Vall Forran wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 03:23:
I want to savor this game, I probably played DX:HR six times.

Only six? Pshah!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 22, 2016, 22:52 Creston

Saboth wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 19:36:
Reminds me of my place of employment. Over 300 employees and they don't even have an HR person. They figure they'll just "get by".

I worked at a place with 1500 employees, and they had a HUNDRED fucking HR people. That was the exact opposite. None of them ever did a fucking thing, and then when the energy sector went into the tank, they fired 50% of the IT department, and replaced them with...? Yep, the HR people.

Somehow the place is still in operation, though I doubt it'll last much longer. You can only keep selling all your assets and laying off 10% of your workforce to make your balance sheet look decent for another quarter.

Anyway, fuck all those HR pissants.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 22:42 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 18:20:
Pro: They are at least honest up front (just a few hours but still better than most publishers) that you are getting fuck all for your $30

Contra: Those meager bits of "content" for $30 are an all out scam if you think about similarly priced expansion passes like TW3

Agreed.

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
13. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 22:38 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 18:52:
Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 18:11:
Interesting story, Zenimax. Do you have any proof?

If there were no truth to it then Zenimax would be pretty daft to pull this. Imo it makes a lot of sense though when you look back at how quickly Palmer rushed in the arms of Facebook. I doubt Facebook was the only investor that put a bid in.

I have no doubt that Zenimax believes that Carmack stole stuff, but it actually being true, and them being able to PROVE it are completely different things.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Aug 22, 2016, 18:16 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 16:32:
I can tell you haven't been pumped for this at all Creston.

I mean, if he was a real fan he'd stay up tonight.

I must tempt Creston and make his life miserable.

Starting work at 6am tends to put a damper on fun stuff like that.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. AT&T says LTE can offer up to 1Gb Aug 22, 2016, 18:14 Creston

It never WILL, of course. Haha. 1Gb speeds, please. You will pay 80 dollars for 500K and LIKE IT!

But it could!

1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 22, 2016, 18:13 Creston

4 Praxis Kits – These additional Praxis Kits will allow you to further develop the augmentations of your choosing, moving you one step closer to unlocking Adam’s full potential.
5000 Credits – Bolster your wallet with additional credits, providing you with extra spending money to purchase Praxis Kits, ammo, weapons, or anything else you may find at the shops in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
1000 Crafting Parts – Use crafting parts to craft upgrades, such as increased damage and accuracy, for any weapon in your inventory.

I hate it when devs do this. It completely destroys the feel of the entire early game. :\

News Comments > Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up
1. Re: Zenimax vs Oculus Heats Up Aug 22, 2016, 18:11 Creston

Interesting story, Zenimax. Do you have any proof?  

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
27. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 18:09 Creston

ldonyo wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 17:29:
What is a power draw like that going to do to the traces and the PCB itself? Pulling four times the power is going to be murder on the materials currently used, so something is going to have to change to accommodate the increased power draw.

They'll use better materials, and thus the motherboards will get more expensive. That's why I'm not happy when they're talking about useless 500W figures, because it'll up the price of a mobo by... what, 20, 30 bucks, for absolutely no purpose.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Aug 22, 2016, 16:23 Creston

ONE MORE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyy  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 22, 2016, 13:30 Creston

jimnms wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 02:49:
I thought it was kind of weird how you're this big-shot security guy and you start out broke and the only money you ever get is what you loot from your enemies, and your boss at the start only gives you the choice between a revolver or a stun gun and a tiny bit of ammo for that first mission.

Yeah, Sarif is definitely a miserly bastard.

15. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 13:28 Creston

LittleMe wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 13:23:
What's this going to do for PSU requirements? If someone is using a low power card, will they still be required to get a 500W+ PSU just because PCIe 4 motherboard requires it? That's what it appears to do. Is there a option in the spec to drop to 75w or less?

You only have to spec your PSU to TPD, aka, the amount of power actually drawn by your system. The bus isn't going to draw 300W of power if it only needs 120W. What's it going to do with the other 180W?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 13:26 Creston

Retired wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 11:28:
Not knowing S from shinola.....is there a reason we went to Mars? We knew nothing was there.....maybe go elsewhere? At this point just seems like nerds jerking it over some pics of dirt.

It's the closest planet. Baby steps, man, baby steps.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. We Broke: NMS Aug 22, 2016, 13:25 Creston

I'd say NMS did a pretty dang good job of breaking on its own.

12. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 13:12 Creston

Solomon stated that the minimum would be 300W, but the ceiling “may be 400 or 500W.

While I applaud the move to allow more power through the connector, 400 or 500W is ridiculous. There isn't a single graphics card out there that eats that more power anymore, so all they're doing is making the connector more expensive for no purpose. 300W is more than plenty.

Edit: Burrito, I think he's talking about a single slot/connector. I imagine if there are two PCIe 4.0 slots on your mobo, they will both get the upgraded draw capacity.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 21, 2016, 23:08 Creston

The authorities said any First Amendment rights Backpage has are secondary to the government's investigation into human trafficking on the Internet.

Fuck Backpage.com to hell and beyond, but that's not how the Constitution works, government, despite you desperately, DESPERATELY wishing it were so.

You can't simply declare someone's constitutional rights null and void because "reasons."

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 21, 2016, 22:47 Creston

jimnms wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 19:52:
Does anyone know if the pre-order mission with DX:MD is going to be released later? I remember there being some backlash about some of the pre-order stuff a while back and they changed it. For some reason I remember reading that the pre-order mission would be a timed exclusive and be released for everyone later, but I can't seem to find any recent info about it.

I'm asking because I pre-ordered DX:MD a couple of weeks ago from Games Republic, but there is still no Steam key in my games list on the site. I then saw comments on their store page from other people saying that it's not a pre-order like you get in other places with the stupid bonus stuff, but just a pre-order of the final retail game.

I only pre-order stuff if I find a good deal on it, and I got it from Games Republic for $39.99 which is a good deal. GMG has the real pre-order for only $5 more. I'm tempted to request a refund and buy it from GMG.

IIRC they said that they did away with the silly pre-order shit that they had going for awhile, and everyone who bought it would just get all the typical stuff such as the extra mission. Obviously the Limited edition etc still gets more, but all the basic pre-order stuff should be included.

Even if you miss it, it probably won't really amount to anything. The extra mission for DE:HR (rescuing Tong's kid) was pathetic. Literally a single room added onto a sewer with four guards and a cell in it.

News Comments > Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month
7. Re: Warhammer: 40,000 Eternal Crusade Next Month Aug 20, 2016, 20:07 Creston

LittleMe wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 16:19:
Performance is terrible, and they're skipping from alpha straight to release.

o_O

27589 Comments. 1380 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo