Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29479 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2017, 11:23 Creston

Feel perfectly free to raise the prices, publishers/wall street dipshits. I will feel perfectly free to ignore you and either wait until your shit goes on sale, or just ignore gaming altogether.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
39. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 20:01 Creston

Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 15:45:
Hmm... howabout a 2-3 map campaign like in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars? So your points accrue across 2-3 maps. I think that being able to bank points indefinitely will cause issues. I could just bank 100,000 points then spawn as 15 Mauls in a row to fuck with people. Would be pretty funny tho...

Yeah in my mind I actually thought your BP would stash until you quit playing, but for some reason I never typed that out. Infinite points would be too OP, but on the flipside, if you bank 100K points, you've basically been playing a boring grunt for 20 matches, so if that's what someone enjoys, I'd say go for it.

(Edit: Thinking about it, there's a limit on # of heroes in any given match, isn't there? So infinite wouldn't work, but letting it ride for a few matches would.)

Actually another solution would be just as different mode with 3x rewards, or like one week per month everyone gets 3x rewards... ionno. Maul is fucking garbage btw, can't block. I'm starting to really like Rey because she has a reliable wallhack ability, and a block, so you can actually stay alive for more than 30 seconds.

Yeah all those would work too. EA is so focused on their shitty star cards and how to squeeze every dime out of players that nobody seemed to give much thought to the actual fun of a single round.

As for the heroes, I only ever got to buy the rocket robot. He was okay, I killed 2 people with him, and then the round ended and so did my robot. It's a less than thrilling experience.

21. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 15:39 Creston

Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 15:29:
I think the biggest change is the earning heroes mechanic in a Galactic Assault match. If you're not first out of the gate or have a few good killstreaks, you're not going to get a hero that match. And even if you do get one they're incredibly brittle, not at all like in the last game. It kind of makes your progress feel semi-wasted to spawn as Maul and get 2 kills then just get smoked by 3 guys with blasters.

Yeah, that was my main concern in the beta. You have to be pretty darn good to get to play a top tier hero, because the 5000 BP is a pretty significant chunk to get. The majority of players will never get to that, so they instead get to spawn as fodder for the few good players who get to exterminate the fodder with Maul etc.

I think a very easy fix would be to just let BP ride from match to match. That way everyone will get to play as heroes, and there will be more of them in matches which is more interesting anyways.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 12:27 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 12:20:
Interesting little article by an ex-truck driver on all the problems with Tesla's new truck.

This ex-trucker has some questions about the Tesla Semi

The seating position visibility issues are actually (mostly) taken care of by the twin LCD screens. During normal driving, they give a view significantly better than rear view mirrors. However, he makes a very good point about forward visibility and having to move over to look past another truck, I didn't think about that.

I don't understand why they did the central seating position, other than a "LOOKITHOWCOOLWEARE!" gimmick. It doesn't work. There's a reason we sit close to the center median depending on which side of the road we drive on.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 12:20 Creston

Linksil wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:22:
Sadly, I think disclosing odds will get around the gambling thing in most places. Just they're still going to cry, when they have to do that, because people will realize how low the odds are to get what they want.

I think even if you disclose the odds, it has to become an R rated game? I thought I read that somewhere a few weeks ago.

And yeah, I forgot Holland as well, so 3 countries. It's gambling, countries, please outlaw it.

8. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 12:19 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:01:
The console version is already on sale ($20 off) in some of the stores here in Canada.

Hahahaha. Three days after release. That's incredible.

3. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 10:50 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:48:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 10:43:
Well, that's better than the 40 hours per character it was at.
It is but I think the damage has been done. It will be interesting to see if this game can recover from the messy start

They'll put it on sale for $30 when the Last Jedi comes out, and sales will be through the roof.

1. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 10:43 Creston

Well, that's better than the 40 hours per character it was at.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 10:42 Creston

Burn in hell, Charles Manson.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2017, 10:41 Creston

That's 2 countries. The ball is rolling, slowly. I can't wait until countries declare it gambling and it has to stop. The cries of anguish from shitbag publishers will be incredible. It will be the only sound heard around the world.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews
6. Re: Sunday Previews Nov 20, 2017, 10:24 Creston

<3 CDPR

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Nov 20, 2017, 10:00 Creston

If Disney wants to get sued, then sure, they'll take the license away from EA.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 20, 2017, 09:57 Creston

Osc8r wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 16:29:
How long till we get a Battle Royale game in the frostbite engine?

I wouldn't be surprised if Dice is working on one for SWBF2

News Comments > Golden Joystick Winners
29. Re: Golden Joystick Winners Nov 20, 2017, 09:52 Creston

Seems like a fair list. Not sure if Ashly Burch classifies for a breakthrough award, though. I mean, she's pretty well established by now, but she did a great job, so eh.

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
1. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 18, 2017, 14:43 Creston

Write Ajit Pai a check for $25 (he's a really cheap whore) and he'll be happy to grant you whatever you want.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 18, 2017, 11:47 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 22:45:
I guess my issue is how gamers are cherry picking dev's/publishers to go after for nickle and dime'ing them.

Ubisoft gets a pass.
WB Interactive people get mildly angry.
EA... holy shit watch out!

Mildly angry? We bitched about nothing but Shadow of War's loot boxes for like a week straight? Plenty of people didn't buy SoW precisely because of that.

And like I said, fewer people care about the cash grabs in Rainbox Six, because it's not Star Wars.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
62. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 21:38 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 21:21:
Devinoch wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 16:14:
El Pit wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 14:14:
I wonder what is going on with EA right now. Emergency EA CEO conference with Disney? Why the whales didn't want to get hunted? What went wrong? They must be afraid because their customers stood up to them and the pay2win system. Nothing is worse than fans that are no longer fanatic enough to accept torture.

Honest thoughts? I think Disney is considering acquiring EA, and revamping them to fix the problems they feel they can correct for. It might not be a bad business play, in all honesty. EA has reliably profitable stuff (Madden, FIFA, NHL) and has talent and technology Disney could use to replace the basically-defunct Disney Interactive. It's not a bad proposition for either side, assuming they can some smart people to oversee it.

Disney listens to the same exact overlords.

Huh? As what, EA? They have nothing to do with each other other than that Disney licenses out Star Wars to EA? Confused

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
58. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Launches Nov 17, 2017, 20:39 Creston

So far, reviews are not being kind. They pretty much all skewer the game for its terrible progression system.

It's going to take some major overhaul to fix this shit.

News Comments > Titan Quest Ragnarök Released
3. Re: Titan Quest Ragnarök Released Nov 17, 2017, 18:44 Creston

Who are you?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 17, 2017, 18:39 Creston

Were you guys trying to gouge the living fuck out of your customers and bleed them of every single penny possible, while pretending that it was "for the best of the game?"

No? Then you did it better than EA did.

Also, Rainbow Six is not Star Wars.

29479 Comments. 1474 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo