Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30724 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2018, 20:50 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 17:57:
Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 16:27:
Haha, I'd never seen Epic NPC Man before. That's pretty awesome, especially his little crying bit.

This one from them cracks me up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISvFJw9JMlI

Hahaha, that's awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 10, 2018, 20:46 Creston

Here's my shocked face. Blank

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 10, 2018, 20:45 Creston

"We make children's hoodies, but it's only ever targeted at adults."

Just stop fucking talking, Philipe Bost. How did you ever become a fucking executive? Nepotism I'm guessing?

News Comments > Evening Patches
4. Re: Evening Patches Oct 10, 2018, 20:43 Creston

Because this is TOTALLY what everyone wanted in the "Wing Commander remake."

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Story Trailer
2. Re: Just Cause 4 Story Trailer Oct 10, 2018, 20:32 Creston

Story trailer. Heh. If it's longer than a minute, it's not a trailer, it's the whole story. (edit: It's still like 1:10 of action shots and 29 seconds of 'story.')

There seriously can't be a single person that plays Just Cause for the story?

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2018, 20:42.

News Comments > Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library
3. Re: Internet Archive Launches Commodore 64 Library Oct 10, 2018, 20:19 Creston

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's amazing.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 10, 2018, 16:43 Creston

Man, all this amazing technology we're getting. I mean, who knows what's next?! Steam might get some actual customer servi... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2018, 16:41 Creston

They replaced it with a guy who is biased against women.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2018, 16:27 Creston

Haha, I'd never seen Epic NPC Man before. That's pretty awesome, especially his little crying bit.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2018, 16:08 Creston

Controversial business practices? Apple? WELL I NEVER...!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. We won't miss early problem reports again Oct 10, 2018, 16:01 Creston

Fuck you, you lying pieces of shit. You're not going to check shit, and you fucking know it.

Btw, folder redirection just absolutely wiping out entire folders worth of data is nothing new. This has been going on at my current job for as long as I've been there. We've had MS in the office to look at it, and got a "shrug, we don't know" as a fucking answer.

Before we make any changes to any folder redirection setting, we know full well to make backups on both ends, because we've had hundreds of bam, either folder or both folders being empty.

God bless you, MS. Your utter, ludicrous incompetence has provided me with a job fixing your shit for 25+ years now.

14. Oh FUCK NO Oct 9, 2018, 14:27 Creston

Microsoft is going to buy Obsidian.

GODDAMMIT. FUCK YOU PHIL SPENCER.

News Comments > DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders
12. Re: DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders Oct 9, 2018, 12:56 Creston

Choachy wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 09:37:
Prez wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 08:40:
What - no 'Top Gun' references? No one wondering if the shirtless beach volleyball game is included or will be dlc? No one asking if the voiceovers will include iconic lines like 'Talk to me Goose' or 'You could be my wingman anytime '???? Shame.

On a serious note, I was wondering - what about the F-14 specifically required 2 pilots while most other fighters only needed one?

Actually, I think they did. They showed an F-14 in a flat spin in one cut.

I think a few of the shots in the video were from Top Gun, unless they redid those particular shots frame by frame in their game.

I showed this video to a few colleagues, and we were dropping Top Gun quotes all over the place, it was pretty cool.

It looks amazing. Compare this with some footage from like the A10 years ago and see how much more amazing this looks, it's insane.

I gave DCS a go for a bit, and literally couldn't figure out how to take off, so I grudgingly conceded that these games have passed me by. I'll just be over here shooting aliens and murdering Orcs.

News Comments > DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders
11. Re: DCS: F-14 Tomcat Preorders Oct 9, 2018, 12:52 Creston

Numinar wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 03:07:
I wish there was a DCS level Battletech/Gundam/Macross game, it would be so good!

It's kind of hard for them to go to the Smithsonian and have a look at one of those for reference.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2018, 12:27 Creston

Happy 22nd, Blue! Beer  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 9, 2018, 10:52 Creston

Fuck you, Intel.

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2018, 17:06 Creston

Xero wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 13:35:
I also see the streaming thing becoming an issue mostly because while a lot of people are looking to cut cable and opt for apps instead to get their tv/movies/shows fix, some of them are too spread out. If I need to subscribe to multiple steaming platforms and it's going to cost just as much as cable, how is that benefiting me then?

The thing is, though, Cable costs like 100 bucks a month for the cheap packages. Prime and Netflix and Hulu combined cost under 30. So you have 70 bucks left over for a shit ton more of streaming apps if you want. You can get sling for 30, or Vue for 40, and STILL be cheaper off.

Or in my case, I'm a huge boxing fan. That is mostly the only reason I need apps. Boxing nowadays is spread over, ESPN+, DAZN, ShowTime, and various PBC channels. It's getting crazy. Luckily HBO just dropped out of boxing due to the competition claiming all the best fighters, but damn, it's still too much to pay across to get my fix in. Sucks.

Yeah, sports are a problem. Do what I did, stop watching them. No more worry about HOW you're going to watch them, and I gained back like 15 hours of free time a week. Wooo!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2018, 13:04 Creston

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 12:51:
Hate to break it to you buddy, but mosquitoes are not the deadliest animals on this planet. I'll give you a hint to as to its identity. It walks on two legs and wipes out a few thousand species of other plants and animals from the face of the earth EACH YEAR.

While I agree with the sentiment, in pure numbers, mosquitos actually kill more than humans do. I do realize I wrote 'animal', when I believe the study I saw on it actually classified it as 'predator'.

In any case, hey, sterilize all of mankind while we're at it. I don't care.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2018, 12:26 Creston

Sure, I'll pay your tax, music industry. All music becomes free after that, forever and ever, correct? I can rip, stream, copy to my heart's content?

No? Well then, fuck you. Just because you got this fucking inane concept through on VCR tapes, cassette tapes, cds etc doesn't mean it's going to happen again. Die in a fire screaming with your family watching.

15 fucking Gigs. I downloaded a 93GB game this past weekend. Guess I really owe you fuckers lots of money for all that music I pirated, huh? Rolleyes

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2018, 13:01.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 8, 2018, 12:23 Creston

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 8, 2018, 11:53:
I am very tired so excuse this seemingly random question. However, what the Hell is chatbear? The link on the bottom of the page is dead and the website for the company is gone. Moreover, the chatbear Twitter account hasn't posted anything in six and a half years. My DDG searches have brought up mostly links to sites catering to older, hairy, gay men so I'm pretty confident that's not it...

Did BN used to have an old school style chat feature?

Chatbear is the software these forums run on, if I'm not mistaken. And yes, it's highly possible that Blues is the only website left in the world that uses it.

Frans' skill set might be more rare than COBOL programmers.

30724 Comments. 1537 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo