Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28210 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2017, 16:32 Creston

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 16:24:
Well, hey man, the GOP - Colin Powell, et al - were doing it for years before her and no one ever uttered a peep about it then. With them it's always, 'Do as I say and not as I do.'

Eh, I wasn't particularly implying that it was just the democrats doing it. It's clear that when you're in the higher echelons of government (ie, when cybersecurity becomes REALLY important), the rules and regulations simply never apply to you.

So I'm fairly sure Trump isn't going to give two shits about them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2017, 16:31 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:53:
Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 13:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 10:29:
His handlers will let him keep his phone and instead just restrict his twitter account.
We can hope.
In any case, Hillary already showed that you can just do whatever-the-hell you want with regards to digital security and never get more than a stern frown, so eh. Trump could post the nuclear codes on pastebin and the FBI would just go "tut tut."
A government run server is always the securest.

It would likely have been more secure than whatever "FREEMAIL2008!" distro her local IT flunky downloaded from securelootz.xxx.

But even so, it doesn't matter if her server was the most secure, impenetrable server in the history of Life, the Universe and Everything, there were rules and regulations in place with regards to her communications, and she flat out said "Fuck you, these rules don't apply to me," and got literally nothing done to her for it.

So clearly, the rules and regulations with regards to cybersecurity in the US government are really just "well, it'd be nice if you could try to do this, but don't bother yourself overmuch."

Unless you're a peon, of course. Then you get 50000 years in jail.

News Comments > Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans
13. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse Game Plans Jan 20, 2017, 16:28 Creston

I'd be very excited about another CRPG set in the World of Darkness, but we've had so many promises and so much nothing from that particular corner, that I'll just go "eh" until it's actually out.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2017, 13:42 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 10:29:
His handlers will let him keep his phone and instead just restrict his twitter account.

We can hope.

In any case, Hillary already showed that you can just do whatever-the-hell you want with regards to digital security and never get more than a stern frown, so eh. Trump could post the nuclear codes on pastebin and the FBI would just go "tut tut."

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: etc., etc. Jan 20, 2017, 09:25 Creston

El Pit wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 03:05:
I have just started my first playthrough of vanilla XCOM2 and, maaaan, it is hard! I have not lost any soldiers in the field, but lots of wounded in action, had to hire a new recruit, but now I am already totally underpowered in missions... It seems you have to follow a pretty strict queue of research or you will have to start the whole game again. Sorry, this is not fun to me. I like the missions and that hey are harder and the time pressure is just right, but less pressure outside the missions and a bit more time to develop your teams and armor and guns would be great.

Just mod it. All the pertinent time frames are stored in simple .ini files and are literally called things like "Doom Clock Turns" etc. I spent like 10 minutes browsing through them and found everything I wanted to change. It's probably the easiest game to mod of all time.

4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2017, 21:53 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 21:40:
Hrm, what to wipe off the SSD for XCOM2 Long War 2... bargain bin Star Wars Battlefront, you win!

EA Suit: "Yes! Wait... what??"

I'm very surprised by this, I thought they'd stopped making this and had just released the things they had finished piecemeal. Anyway, woohoo. The strategy map of vanilla Xcom 2 just bores me to tears, so this should be sweet.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Released
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Released Jan 19, 2017, 21:51 Creston

Thanks, AZ!

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Released
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Released Jan 19, 2017, 19:56 Creston

Never heard of this. Anyone have any idea?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
45. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 19, 2017, 18:57 Creston

nin wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 20:02:
What was Creston's phrase he used to use..."cockwallet"?

Yes. Or its less-well-known counterparts 'cockhamper' or 'cockwaffle.'

13. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2017, 18:54 Creston

Tumbler wrote on Jan 19, 2017, 17:44:

Wait, they made a game that mixes Mass Effect and Dead Space?

BRB!

*Watching Youtube*

Jesus Christ, who vomited an entire disco onto that level? What a pile of garbage.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 19, 2017, 17:08 Creston

Let me guess, the PC version will be horribly gimped because you don't want to have two different versions out, so lowest common denominator?

*reads article*

No? Wow. Two different versions. Huh. So what about all these devs that keep proclaiming such a thing is just logistically impossible?

Anyway, good on these guys.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 19, 2017, 17:05 Creston

Clearly, piracy is a problem that's costing billions of jobs.

32. Ask Me Anything Jan 18, 2017, 18:17 Creston

But I'm Not Really Going To Answer Anything.

• Unsurprisingly, Newell didn't offer hard answers about any closure to Valve's beloved FPS series.

• Gabe wasn't ready to confirm a game with "Half-Life" in the title,

• Newell's answers didn't clarify if the aforementioned "new IP" fit into this film plan or into a brand-new game,

• Newell also hinted at a "full-sized" VR game coming directly from Valve by answering "yes" to a question about the company's interest in such a game (meaning, not entirely confirmed).

• When asked about the possibilities of a new Left 4 Dead game, Newell was ambiguous.

• (Meaning, he fielded the question without fully answering it,

• Thanks, Gabe. Good looking out.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
    20. White house transformation Jan 18, 2017, 18:08 Creston

Pretty cool article to read.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 18, 2017, 17:55 Creston

Do not EVER buy Philips Anything. TV, toaster, microwave, TV, electric shaver, whatthefuckever. Only exception is lightbulbs, they're good with those. Every other Philips thing WILL break.

Philips has a fantastic R&D department. They have invented tons of fucking amazing things. Their ability to actually build something is substantially worse.

28. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 16:55 Creston

El Pit wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 13:38:
    Gabe, why don't you just sell the Half-Life rights to another company that actually cares? No loss to you, since you don't care about it, but a win of $$$ for you and a win for all H-L fans (and the company that buys the rights and releases the next H-L game). Go Lucas and SELL, Gabe!

I'm sure Randy Pitchford is interested... :-blergh-:

27. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 16:53 Creston

"Look at all the money I'm making off hats! VIRTUAL HATS! They're not even real!"

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2017, 17:56 Creston

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 16, 2017, 15:02:
    However, they would argue that weaker profits would hurt their ability to re-invest in things like R&D. shareholders

It's simply this. Shareholders force them to maximize profits. ergo, anything that goes against maximization of profits is ignored. I'm SO glad to be working for a privately held company now.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 16, 2017, 17:54 Creston

Oh the joys of having a petulant orange man-baby as President for four years.

News Comments > etc.
    15. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2017, 17:52 Creston

Did he wheel his desk over to the AMA corner?

28210 Comments. 1411 pages. Viewing page 8.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo