Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27442 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2015, 16:59 Creston

Sucks that the guy died, but from what the reporter said he was the one at fault for causing the accident, so at least there's that. Usually it's the poor family getting hit that all die, while the jackass that causes the accident has a bruised ankle or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve's VSync Experiments
6. Re: Valve's VSync Experiments Oct 31, 2015, 01:35 Creston

ViRGE wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 00:20:
Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 20:57:
Interesting. I wonder what they're doing / how they're doing this?
Double buffering plus render time prediction. Use only two buffers (one actively displayed, one being drawn to) and then time the start of the next frame based on how long the previous frames took to render.

The difference is that in a typical V-sync setup you'd either use double buffering and then start rendering the next frame the moment you display the previous, which means a completed frame is sitting around for a while. Alternatively you'd use triple buffering and start on the next frame the moment the previous frame is done, but this in some ways adds more lag depending on how you handle your buffers.

AMD and NVIDIA do something similar to this for frame pacing for multi-GPU setups.

Admittedly I could only follow that so far, but thanks.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 30, 2015, 20:59 Creston

What? That's preposterous! Every publisher (and most devs) knows that your players are fucking morons, and exist only to be bilked for every possible dime. Treating them as valued customers is insanity!

News Comments > Valve's VSync Experiments
1. Re: Valve's VSync Experiments Oct 30, 2015, 20:57 Creston

Interesting. I wonder what they're doing / how they're doing this?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2015, 14:31 Creston

Only at Target? Now I'm worried they contain nuclear sludge from Target's "back rooms"...

News Comments > EA Financials
7. Re: EA Financials Oct 30, 2015, 14:28 Creston

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscribers increased 33% since the announcement of the latest expansion at E3, Knights of the Fallen Empire.

"We now have FOUR subscribers! Thanks, mom!!!!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2015, 14:26 Creston

Blue wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 10:35:
Also, the home plate umpiring has been atrocious for both teams, as ball and strike calls are awful... if Fox used the strike tracker like TBS does it would look like a comedy.

Which is precisely why MLB has mandated that they don't show the strike tracker during live ABs in the WS. FIGHT THAT TECHNOLOGICAL PROGRESS WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT, MLB!

Speaking of Fox, I was amazed at the delay when their broadcast truck went down, as if it somehow diminished the game to lose Joe Buck's commentary (though I do like Harold Reynolds). I really think they believe their broadcasters are somehow a draw beyond the game itself.

Joe Buck is convinced he's the very soul of television. BUY A FLIPPING RAZOR, JOE BUCK.

Anyway, I was hoping their truck would stay down the entire week. The international broadcast was a lot more enjoyable than Buck's bored drone and Harold Reynold's stupid bleating.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2015, 14:22 Creston

If Google just used their standard ads on YT, I'd have no problem allowing their ads to come through.

But it's 30 second ads, in front of Every.Single.Video. Want to watch a 10 second video? Here, watch a 30 second ad first.

No flipping way. Find some other way to monetize it. If Redtube allows them to put all your famous content creators behind a paywall and it works, more power to them and the content creators. I rarely / never watch that stuff anyway, so as long as all the other videos are still accessible, it'll never affect me.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed
4. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed Oct 29, 2015, 23:33 Creston

I thought this one wasn't going to have any combat?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2015, 17:48 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 13:31:
Verno wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 11:33:
I don't think backwards compatibility matters that much at this point. It was just a convenient press bullet point for Microsoft who desperately needed some positive news coverage. The next gen console libraries are getting fairly fleshed out and interest in the feature tends to taper off outside of the launch periods. Many of the popular games have HD remasters/etc anyway.

Three words Verno: Red, Dead, and Redemption. In that order.

Why Rockstar isn't doing an HD release of that is beyond comprehension. Literally just upgrade the graphics and port it to Xbone and PS4. They'd sell 12 million copies.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2015, 11:23 Creston

They told me I had to come after two years, but I'll admit I haven't done so strictly because having to drink that poison is still one of the more vile memories I have of my entire lifetime.

Apparently you can take that stuff in pill form now, so I may check into that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 29, 2015, 10:56 Creston

The way it's going, I think the PS4 will break 100 million.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 & Pre-Sequel Patch Plans
1. Re: Borderlands 2 & Pre-Sequel Patch Plans Oct 29, 2015, 10:55 Creston

Funny, the way Randy & Co were talking after the game was released, they said they was nothing wrong with the drop rates.

Sadly, 3 (?) years after it was released is really way too late to be doing anything about it, Randy.

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf
6. Re: Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf Oct 29, 2015, 10:53 Creston

New V:tM game, please.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Review Flags Removed Oct 29, 2015, 10:52 Creston

Good. Screw WB and their underhanded BS.

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
34. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 29, 2015, 10:39 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 10:21:
Uh X Rebirth is not a substantially better game mess even after patch 3.61 + Hotfix + FREE DLC ^^

Yes, it is. The game systems etc haven't changed, obviously, but technically it's substantially improved. If it was a 10% game on release day, it's now probably a 55-60%. It's not really much fun to play, but it's no longer broken.

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
32. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 29, 2015, 09:42 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 08:46:
Personally I don't think the criticism here is fair. The game was released a mess but it was pulled and they spent months improving it. Including reviews for the old version is confusing and doesn't paint an accurate picture. However, rather than removing them altogether they simply called them 'Pre-Release', which is accurate given the game was pulled and worked on considerably before re-release - they are still included in the aggregate score, which results in a poor score.

So? They released it in a piss poor state, knowing full well that it was essentially unplayable. The people who bought it at the time, full price, were never told it was a pre-release / early access version they were buying. Why does WB get to suddenly shake off their mantle and start fresh? No other titles have had that treatment.

It comes back to the age old adage of "should we re-review a game once it's been fully patched?" And the answer is no. The review was of the game at the time of release. Whether you spent X amount of time getting it fixed or not has no bearing on the way you released it.

The reviews should stand as a warning to people to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER pre-order another WB PC game.

The game was originally released in a bad state. We know the publisher screwed up. However, they took action to address it and it's more than many other publishers would have done. Shouldn't we support that?

Oh please. Please stop it with this whole "OMG THEY DID SUCH NICE THINGS FOR US, WE MUST SUPPORT THEM!" rigmarole. People already supported them, by paying 60 bucks for their broken-ass game. This attitude that we should be grateful to publishers if they deem it worthy to fix the broken crap they shovel onto us is ridiculous.

And let's be honest here, the ONLY reason they went to this effort is because they were getting slammed with refund requests. Otherwise they'd have just shrugged and let people rot like they did before we (FINALLY) got a refund system.

I don't understand what people think they should have done once it had been released.

I dunno, stop whining about entirely fair reviews? Egosoft isn't whining about the old reviews for X Rebirth even though it is now a substantially better game. EA isn't whining about the old BF4 reviews, even though it is now a substantially better game.

But WB, the special little snowflake, deserves this treatment because they pulled the game from sales for a few months while they finally made it playable, just to stop the hordes of refund requests? What the bleep ever.

On a related note, why on earth did Valve give in to this? Or do publishers of games have the ability to modify the reviews themselves?

News Comments > GOG.com Remembers More Forgotten Realms
9. Re: GOG.com Remembers More Forgotten Realms Oct 28, 2015, 16:39 Creston

I remember some of the battles in the Krynn series. In Death knights of Krynn, you finally get to fight Lord Soth. Since this was the old style D&D, you had to have your party members rest for like (total level of spells memorized) x 1 hour to get all their spells back, and you just fought a massive battle before you got to Soth.

So I think I rested for a month and a half sitting just outside his door to get my party healed up and buffed and ready again. lol. I guess if you're dead, you can afford to be patient.

I also think that in the Dark Queen of Krynn, the final battle is you against like 30 or 40 dragons. It was ridiculous.

Great series of games though. I REALLY wish I had time to replay them, I'm sure I'd still enjoy the shit out of them.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Oct 28, 2015, 16:36 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 16:22:
Ok, they're assholes...

"We'll take your money, but your review doesn't count..."

Yeah, that's bullshit. Tons of games are a fuckload better now that they've been patched. X:Rebirth is roughly 15 times better than when it was released, but I don't see Egosoft whining that all the early reviews should be pulled or somehow marked as being "not really valid."

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Re-release Oct 28, 2015, 16:34 Creston

We are still working with our GPU partners to add full support for SLI and Crossfire.

Four months after the first release, and this still doesn't work?

27442 Comments. 1373 pages. Viewing page 70.
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo