Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27589 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 16:33 Creston

ZeroPike1 wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 04:50:
Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 21:04:
I wonder if a single FO4 player has actually gone "Oh no, I have to find my kid!"

I just sigh when I think back to Todd Howard sitting there, talking about how you'd get to know your character BEFORE the war, so you'd feel much closer to him/her and the family, and it would resonate more, and then you start playing the game and the whole pre-war stuff is literally over in five minutes.

I think the game would have had a better emotional impact had you spent more time before the bombs fell. Almost like even going on a shopping trip or something or even a full day of "Normal" life things, getting up the next day and then it happens.

BUT in doing so, people would complain that its not fast enough and the people that hate when games are badly paced would be up in arms.

Me however? would have made much more of an impact having the in-game family. And more attachment to the world that is now gone.

Oh yeah, I agree. I think the entire opening of FO4 being rushed is because people moaned about and hated the slow, plodding opening of FO3. Maybe for FO5, they can just make you choose whether you want to play the opening or not. And if you say "not", you just go straight to your first step out of the Vault.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 16:30 Creston

Dacron wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 02:44:
Did not even talk to him. Opened the door to his room and it was the only time I've ever used a fatman in Fallout (tons of mini nukes in this one too, I'm at ~35 or so in my inventory, I think New Vegas has 25 or so in the entire game). No talking. Just boom.

Heh. I was taking out this base of mercs in a car graveyard at one point, and had proceeded to kill all but the leader, who was high up on a freeway overpass. I get him in my sniper scope, see that he's named, has a red skull, and what appears to be a missile launcher. (His back is turned towards me.)

Figuring I can take him, I fire a .50 cal into his head, which in true Bethesda Fallout fashion does roughly 4% damage to his health bar, after which I see him turn around, just manage to utter "oh shi..." before I hear the "pfffeeeeeewwwww" sound and I get nuclearly obliterated.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2015, 21:04 Creston

I wonder if a single FO4 player has actually gone "Oh no, I have to find my kid!"

I just sigh when I think back to Todd Howard sitting there, talking about how you'd get to know your character BEFORE the war, so you'd feel much closer to him/her and the family, and it would resonate more, and then you start playing the game and the whole pre-war stuff is literally over in five minutes.

They should just take a page from the modders' playbook and give you a "choose your own start" deal. Do you want to be a raider? A mayor? A BoS guy? And just go from there.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2015, 17:23 Creston

I never saw the third Riddick on account of people saying it was basically "pitch black reloaded." (I would have gladly gone to see another movie about the Necromongers.)

Anyone here see it? I thought it bombed too, so to see a fourth one being made seems strange.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. 90fps at minimum Nov 21, 2015, 22:57 Creston

And how exactly is your underpowered box going to do that?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2015, 12:51 Creston

Happy birthday Blue!  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 21, 2015, 11:40 Creston

Retired wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 10:41:
ugh. Wish I would have known that cement base block dealie.....have some stuff to scrap and rebuild....

I've got four of my settlements updated. They look much better now.

8 left to go.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Nov 21, 2015, 01:27 Creston

They're not especially sympathetic to Kotaku's argument that publishers are trying to 'hamper independent reporting in pursuit of a status quo in which video game journalists are little more than malleable, servile arms of a corporate sales apparatus'."

Oh noes. They're not sympathetic to that? I WONDER WHY??!

(hint, Ars: Maybe it's because for 15+ years, you game "journalists" have been sucking publisher dick and regurgitating press releases rather than do anything that could even remotely be construed as actual journalism.)

So no, no sympathy. Fuck that. Kotaku have been some of the worst publisher mouthpieces, and now because they've published like two articles that "revealed" something (and please, half the fucking world knew the next Fallout was going to be set in Boston, as early as like 2011), all of a sudden they're the Champions of Gaming? Fuck Kotaku.

Lol, from the Kotaku article:

They will claim we are “hurting video games,” and, as so many do, mistake the job of entertainment reporting for the mandate to hype entertainment products.

Oh pot, you and kettle, always at it.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2015, 01:36.

News Comments > Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed
6. Re: Bombshell in January; Prequel Revealed Nov 21, 2015, 01:24 Creston

Oh that thing. It had what was probably considered the worst reveal trailer ever.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 20, 2015, 20:02 Creston

Funny, since that's exactly what the FCC told them they weren't allowed to do.

Comcast: "Fuck you and your rules."

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 20, 2015, 15:34 Creston

Yeah it is excellent. I've built a huge mansion around the tree in Sanctuary, but I learned some really good tips from this video.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2015, 16:37.

News Comments > Star Control Founder's Program
7. Re: Star Control Founder's Program Nov 20, 2015, 13:27 Creston

Numinar wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 01:22:
and I hate GalCiv

You! OUT! Shakefist

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
37. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 13:18 Creston

I'm afraid I'll jinx myself, but other than dogmeat disappearing from time to time (thank God for the placeatme command), occasionally not seeing my hand/weapons (fixed by just switching weapons while in 3rd person mode) and the age-old issue of small items falling through the bigger items I've put them on (DAMMIT, BETHESDA!!) the game has been freaking flawless for me.

50+ hours, and it hasn't crashed ONCE. I've had Bethesda's games crash on me since Morrowind. Frequent, frequent crashes, to the point where their games have made me the "Quicksave every 2 minutes" monster that I am now.

FO4? IT.JUST.RUNS.

Please don't break my game with your patch, Bethesda. PLEEEAASE.

(In fact, I may just not update it until I've at least finished it once.)

News Comments > No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
28. Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 13:14 Creston

Solid PC support there.

On the flipside, at least they're honest.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 13:11 Creston

I guess it kinda sucks on both consoles then.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 20, 2015, 11:34 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 10:19:
I don't think we need a second console in the house anymore so I'll probably be skipping the Xbox One entirely this gen. Between Steam, the girlfriends Wii U and the PS4 we're more than covered.

You're not missing out on much. I can't really compare between the PS4 and the Xbone, since I don't have a PS4, but while the Xbone works for everything I want it to (Amazon streaming, Netflix streaming, watching Blu-Rays), it's pretty slow in getting to these apps. (in fairness, I haven't updated to the Windows 10 UI yet.)

Sunset Overdrive is an awesome game, can't say anything else, it's a ton of fun, and Forza Horizons 2 is awesomeballs, but other than that there's nothing really great to even play on it.

:-shrug-: I got it essentially for $75 above the price of a good Blu-Ray player, which I had to buy already anyway since my PS3 had died.

News Comments > FFXIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS for PC Next Month
2. Re: FFXIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS for PC Next Month Nov 20, 2015, 11:29 Creston

Yes yes yes, hurry up with the FF7 remake already. Then remake 8, and 9, and 10. Yes, I know you've already done an HD remake of 10. And are doing an Extra-HD remake of 10 for the PS4. Don't care. I need a Super_Mega_Special HD FF10 Remake Ultra for the PC. Running at 640k.

News Comments > Afro Samurai 2 Refunds; Additional Volumes Cancelled
1. Re: Afro Samurai 2 Refunds; Additional Volumes Cancelled Nov 20, 2015, 11:27 Creston

So what are they refunding? The purchase price of people who bought it? Or the preorders for the additional volumes?

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed
18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 19, 2015, 11:32 Creston

At least it means more time to play Xcom 2 and the second Witcher 3 expansion.

Then between DE:MD and the next ME game late next year, I'm pretty much all set already!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2015, 11:08 Creston

Offenders will also be forced to "reimburse any party for expenses for an emergency response."

Hey, look, it's common sense. In a LAW!

So much lulz to be had when little kiddies get sent to jail for five years AND get hit with a $150000 bill for their little joke.

27589 Comments. 1380 pages. Viewing page 70.
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo