Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30261 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 17, 2018, 14:51 Creston

Bethesda doesn't want to make FO76 a SP game, guys. Then they have to provide content. Don't you get it? Every dev wants to just build a map and some tools, and then let you "have your own fun in it" without all that tedious scripting and building missions and writing plot lines etc. That's all lame.

It's way cheaper and easier to just do one of these new Bare Minimum Design games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Four year old review ahoy! Jun 17, 2018, 14:46 Creston

So I picked up Elder Scrolls Online, because a buddy at work was going to play it, and he convinced me to get it so we could team up.

So far, not really impressed with it. At all.

Let me get the good things out of the way :

- There are some really good quests in it, and from what I hear, by and large it has just solid questing. I've done a few duds, but there have been three just really really good ones, and several good quests, where I was genuinely wanting to see what was going to happen. (I've only been playing for about a day or so.)

- Huge world, with interesting places to visit. They also avoided the Oblivion syndrome, where literally every four feet there's a fucking dungeon or something. While the maps aren't empty, they also don't feel way too full.

- Everything is voice acted by mostly decent/good VAs.
- Massive amounts of crafting options.
- Large amounts of customization and build options.

The bad :

- The graphics. The design of the world is pretty enough, but everything just kinda looks like I imagine Guild Wars 2 looked if you turned everything to low. I've only seen Summerset so far, so maybe somewhere else it'll look better. But it's kinda disappointing.

- The performance. For a game that looks this mediocre, it runs like a 2-legged dog. I've had areas where my FPS drops down into the low 30s on 1080p with a 1070ti... I mean... what? The Witcher 3 looks five times better than your game, and my FPS there never drops below 70.

- Why is the main quest on Summerset not giving me ANYTHING? No XP, no money, nothing. I spent like an hour on a quest yesterday, and at the end the "Queen's Agent" who has been ordering me around is just like "Okay, meet me in this forest there!" and just walks off.

HOW ABOUT PAYING A MOTHERFUCKER?? I mean, we do the mission because "it's the main quest", but why on earth would my character bother to do this? I get NOTHING for it. Why do I give a rat's ass about why the Altmer are racist pieces of shit??

The ugly:

- The combat. Dear God is it boring. But the fact that it's boring is really not even the worst part. No, the worst part is the respawn rates. You literally have no time to examine anything anywhere, because if you do, the shit you just killed will just respawn, and you get to kill it again. I killed a boss at the end of a quest, and while I was looking around the area that I'd killed him in, he just got the fuck back up and I had to kill him again like 40 seconds later.

Note, none of this is really difficult. Because of the "Scale Everything Everywhere", there is no challenge to anything. You can go anywhere and safely assume that whatever is there, you'll be able to kill it. So it's just a boring repetition of skill, light attack, animation cancel skill, light attack, animation cancel skill, thing dies, on to the next. Repeated endlessly.

You also really don't get any more powerful, really. For 11 levels I've been pumping all my ability points into Magicka. My total Magicka has gone up by ~ 1100. The least powerful spell I have costs ~ 2900 Magicka to cast. So yay, by level 30 I'll be able to cast ONE MORE SPELL before running out of Magicka.

The "The Developers Fucking Hate You and Wish You To Die:

- The crafting bag. Look, I get it. You want people to pay money every month. Even though we've already paid money to buy the fucking game in the first place, and Guild Wars 2 was able to exist off this model for what, six years now? without any issues whatsoever.

But without paying, you do not get access to the crafting bag, ie, an infinite amount of stash space to store crafting materials. How big a problem is that?

Well, the 'loot' that drops in this game is 99% crafting materials. And there are HUNDREDS of materials. Your backpack space is 60 slots. Each material takes up a slot. See where I'm going with this?

So then I figure, okay, I'll stash it in the bank. My bank has 60 slots.

Also, half of the other loot you find has literally NO value. None. Weapons, armors, rings, whatever, a merchant will pay you NO money for them. What.The.Fuck? It took me an entire day of playing to get 2000 gold, which I needed to buy 10 more slots in my backpack...

So if you were on the ropes, or maybe thinking "I'll play this to tide me over until TES6!", don't. I genuinely am pissed that I spent 40 bucks on this. I also no longer talk to the guy at work who convinced me to fucking buy it.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 9
10. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 9 Jun 16, 2018, 21:52 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2018, 15:59:
Besides Cyberpunk, what games are y'all looking forward to?

TES 6 isthe next one for me.

1) Cyberpunk, obviously.
2) Last of Us 2
3) TES6
4) Dying Light 2
5) Rage 2
6) Assassin's Creed : 300
7) Forza Horizon 4
8) Just Cause 4
9) I guess maybe Division 2
10) ...
11) ...
48) Being hit by a bus
49) Anthem

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 8
3. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 8 Jun 16, 2018, 01:38 Creston

Qbex . wrote on Jun 15, 2018, 22:47:
For sure I won't be able to buy CP2077 here in Ozz, but that's ok. I'd rather CDPR stick to their vision and I'll import nice physical collectors box from Europe.

You can't even buy it from GOG directly?

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 15, 2018, 22:29 Creston

How the fuck are there people so fucking sad that "Achievement farming" is a goddamned THING???

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 15, 2018, 22:29 Creston

Good. I hope she rots in jail.

Oh wait, what am I saying. She's one of the rich. She'll get a slap on the wrist and a stern admonishment that next time, she needs to grease some more governmental palms.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. George Lucas Jun 15, 2018, 15:13 Creston

He's just trolling. There's no way even George would have imagined that would have made a good movie. He's just pissed and bitter at how everyone hated the prequels and just can't let it go.

News Comments > SMACH Z Handheld PCs
1. Re: SMACH Z Handheld PCs Jun 14, 2018, 15:46 Creston

Please note: Welding gloves to hold said handheld gaming PC not included.

I do like that their video just goes full-on GLORIOUS PC GAMER MASTER RACE!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2018, 15:44 Creston

I'm beginning to get the idea with LoU2 that Joel is either already died, or dies really, really early on, and that's why Ellie just goes RAAAAAAAAHH KILLLLL

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2018, 15:21 Creston

I kind of wonder why they even have E3 anymore. Most of the reveals seem to be done before the show even starts. Just take one day, call it Game Reveal Day, and then reveal your games leading up to that day.

Saves you a shitload of money of having to hire a convention center and host for 3 days. Maybe with that extra money saved, publishers can decide NOT to fire some developers two minutes after a game is released.

News Comments > Black Ops 4 Season Pass Controversy
10. Re: Black Ops 4 Season Pass Controversy Jun 14, 2018, 15:14 Creston

Activision: "Fuck you pieces of shit. Pay us more money."

Millions of fanboys around the world: "OMG YES!"

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 3
27. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 3 Jun 13, 2018, 17:51 Creston

Slick wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 14:14:
You can do PvE multiplayer... not sure why multiplayer = griefing...

Because you can't JUST do PvE. You can't disable PvP altogether.

And then, you get griefing. Always does. Always will. No matter how much Hines and Howard try to pretend that it won't.

So yay, you can only get killed once, and then the guy can't keep following you around and killing you again. Uh-huh. How is that going to work exactly? By a timer? The griefer will just wait out the timer and come kill you again.

Or by teleporting you away to the other end of the map? Great. A griefer will sit on an important spot for a quest, kill everyone trying to do said part of the quest, and giggle to himself as people now have to walk 30 minutes to get back to that spot.

I have a guy at work who is a hardcore multiplayer guy. Like, he won't even touch single player games anymore, they just bore him. He played an hour of the Witcher 3, for example, but he loves Elder Scrolls Online. To him, if there's nobody to beat in PvP somewhere, a game just serves no purpose.

He has also flat-out stated that he enjoys griefing. He doesn't go nuts about it, like he won't just keep fucking with people until they quit altogether, but he's done the whole "cripple a mp character but don't kill them so they have to crawl" part of griefing etc. He also says that griefing sucks, but DOING the grieving is a lot of fun.

I asked him what he thought about Fallout76, and he said he'd play it. He can't wait until he gets his hands on a nuke to blow people up.

Bethesda's belief that this somehow won't happen is fucking retarded. Everyone will be fighting over those nukes, and it will be a constant, non-stop nuke fest.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2018, Part 3
1. Re: It Came from E3 2018, Part 3 Jun 13, 2018, 11:12 Creston

If you force PvP, there will be shit-tons of griefing. The entire "survival" category was essentially designed around griefing.

So sure, Todd/Pete, you are somehow going to miraculously keep Fallout76, a game in which you put nukes for players to use on each other, from being griefer hell. Uh-huh. Maybe for your next trick, you can solve poverty?

Odds are pretty damn good that within 24 hours, every new player in Fallout76 is going to get nuked the second they build anything larger than a mud shack. Unless you first have to ask permission for using a nuke on someone, which seems to be what he's implying, which is even more funny.

Hey, some people love that style of game, I'm not saying it's bad in and of itself, but if you allow PvP, there's going to be griefing. The end.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Details
13. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Details Jun 13, 2018, 08:42 Creston

Numinar wrote on Jun 13, 2018, 07:28:
It should be less about archers and more about ramming and boarding and having infantry battles at sea. But the engine dosn't support this at the scale it needs for those ships.

It half worked in Black Flag, but even then it was janky and only got a pass because of the cinematic feel.

Yeah it's just not going to work very well. And the ship combat in Origins was terrible. It felt so badly shoehorned into the game...

Man, I got this wrong. I assumed it was set in the same time as Origins or close to it but I guess this is Assassin's Creed Pre-Origins?

Yeah, several hundred years before.

Origins is amazing though so I am all in on this. Wife has just booked an Egypt trip and most my enthusiasm for it is because of that game.

Fair warning, it's not going to look like the game.

News Comments > Surviving Mars Free Content Pack
2. Re: Surviving Mars Free Content Pack Jun 13, 2018, 08:32 Creston

I can see a new horizon, underneath the blazing sky.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 13:36 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:54:
I'm not paying too close attention, but Doom and Cyberpunk are incredibly interesting to me. The other Bethesda games feel too far away for me to care.

I'm very interested in Rage2, looks cool, Just Cause 4 (because JC2 is one of my top 5 games of all time, hopefully it can wash away the shitty bleh of Just Meh 3), LoU2, possibly Fallout76, if it can be played without always being teamed up with internet cockroaches (ie, 99.999999999999999% of the internet). Also Dying Light 2. Possibly, maybe, Anthem, if I'm really bored.

Until this E3, the only game I'd been looking forward to for the next 8 months or so was RDR2.

12. The moon warming Jun 12, 2018, 13:32 Creston

So a few people walking around on the moon in an area of a few square kms has somehow raised the temperature of the entire moon by several DEGREES? And that just seems totally plausible to everyone involved?

"Yep, looks good guys. Time for some blow!"

News Comments > Remedy Announces Control
5. Re: Remedy Announces Control Jun 12, 2018, 13:30 Creston

Remedy is still around? Despite that monstrous flop they last produced?? (Forgot what it's called. That weird game where after every level they made you download a 30 Gig, 25 minute fucking TV episode.)

I thought they'd have gone belly up.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 12, 2018, 10:25 Creston

Rapists also tell you that you're going to love it, right before they rape you.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2018, 10:17 Creston

Yeah, there have actually been a lot of really exciting games announced. This was looking to be a very barren year, but now all of a sudden it's full with games that I'm definitely interested in.

30261 Comments. 1514 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo