Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27866 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 21:40 Creston

BobBob wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 17:05:
Oh hell, yah!!!

I love my state!

When Texas does this, everyone is all like "Man, those fucking dumbass Texans, fuck Texas, who the fuck does Texas think it is, fuck Texas, let's nuke it, fuck Texas!"

And now California is doing something somewhat similar, I bet everyone is lining up and cheering.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 21:33 Creston

A BEEEEELION!! 'Grats Blue!

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Tech Tips
4. Re: Dishonored 2 Tech Tips Nov 10, 2016, 21:32 Creston

It runs pretty good for me on a 970 with an i5-2500, so I'm not complaining. The game preset to High on most things and medium on a few. I turned on all the extra bells and whistles such as god rays, but turned off depth of field (which is a HORSESHIT effect anyway). It did slow down quite badly right in front of the gate to the harbor, I'm guessing there's something around there that's just eating FPS.

Gameplay wise it's good so far. It's pure Dishonored, so if you didn't like the first one, you won't like this one either. I haven't come across anything different yet, but admittedly I'm both:

1) Still in the first level
2) Playing as Corvo "EVERYTHING SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!" Attano.

Btw, one thing that has struck me as ludicrous so far is the game's absolutely absurd initial load time. It's nearly 3 minutes to get to the menu.

After that, everything is like 5-10 seconds, but three freaking MINUTES to load. That's on a PC with a 500MB/s SSD. I'd hate to see how this game loads on an Xbone...

Edit: Well, erm... I guess that was just the very first time it started? I just came back to that same spot and decided to count, and it loaded in 1 second. Maybe it was decrypting something?

3 unskippable videos, though...

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2016, 21:45.

News Comments > DiRT 3 Complete Edition for Free
5. Re: DiRT 3 Complete Edition for Free Nov 10, 2016, 21:27 Creston

completely free, which our calculations show to be more than half off.

159. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 18:03 Creston

Rigs wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 14:10:
Whoa, whoa, whoa...I know the F-35 was a money sink (err, blackhole?) but what was wrong with the Zumwalt destroyers? That's a new one for me, I was under the impression the R+D for it was actually underbudget. Was I hallucinating? (which, given the last couple weeks, is definitely a possibility )

=-Rigs-=

Oh, let's see:

They have a cannon which costs $800,000 to fire which they can't afford.

Experts feel it has a good chance of just flipping over if the right wave hits it.

They cost four BILLION dollars per fucking ship.

It can't really defend itself from missile attacks. (in fact, I've seen articles say that it basically has NO air defenses at all, and thus can only function as part of a battlegroup along with several MUCH cheaper Arleigh Burke class destroyers. You know, the thing it was supposed to replace.)

In short, it's a typical military fucking boondoggle. Just throw more and more and more and more and more and more fucking money against it. Meanwhile, our entire road infrastructure is collapsing and the majority of it will be undriveable by 2045 because there is no money to spend on it, all of America is bankrupted by the cost of healthcare and we have no single dime to spend on teachers, so class sizes now routinely surpass 35 or even 40 children per class.

But yeah, let's give the fucking military EVEN MORE MONEY.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 10, 2016, 10:13 Creston

Oh God, please don't let CD Projekt RED get taken over...

Everyone go to GOG and buy some games!

130. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 08:58 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:57:
Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:10:
NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 18:33:
Any hopes for real steps towards universal healthcare are dead.

Repealing Obamacare will be the best thing Trump does.

Not for the millions of low income Americans who will lose coverage, or people getting denied for pre-existing conditions. What would you say to those people? What would your boy Trump do for them in lieu of Obamacare?

Please kindly don't call him "my boy Trump", as I didn't vote for that fucking oompa loompa.

As for the rest, I already basically explained that in my post to Bodolza.

129. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 08:55 Creston

Bodolza wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:25:
Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:10:
- In the three years of Obamacare, my premium went from 280 to 300 to 400 to 720 (what it would be next year if I kept it..

You have no evidence that your premiums wouldn't have gone up just as much if Obamacare didn't pass.

No, I am not Nostradamus. But from 2002 to 2012, my premiums went up from 180 to 280 a month in total, with little change to deductibles and Out of Pocket Max. In 3 years in Obamacare, they went from 280 to 720, with a 5 times increase in deductible and a triple increase in OOPM.

I shudder to even think what it would be in 2018. A 1000 bucks a month? By 2020 it'll be 10 grand a month?

honestly hope you don't have a pre-existing condition, because if you do, once Obamacare is repealed, you're fucked.

Yes, and that is a big issue. (A YOOGE issue). But bankrupting everyone with healthcare for the sake of those with pre-existing conditions is not a solution. (I think the best solution would be to split off pre-existing conditions into their own pool, but even that's not a great option.)

Btw, I say this as someone WITH a pre-existing condition. So yes, I would lose my healthcare, but it doesn't really matter one way or the other, because I can't afford to pay for it anymore anyway.

Millions of Americans are going to lose their healthcare in a couple months. People are going to die unnecessarily because of what happened last night, and that makes me really sad.

I agree. On the flipside, right now for 2017, there are millions of Americans who can't afford their healthcare anymore, will decide not to get it anymore because they literally won't be able to eat if they do, and then would be TAXED because they apparently "willingly" decide not to get healthcare?

That is not a sustainable system. Especially because it's clear that it's just going to get worse and worse and worse every single year.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2016, 09:03.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Launch Trailer
13. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Launch Trailer Nov 10, 2016, 08:40 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 22:03:
"After being wrongly profiled as a criminal risk by a citywide operating system, Marcus Holloway..."

...decides to be a terrorist!

So the system correctly profiled him ^^

So basically the game is telling us to support terrorism and disable a system that 100% correctly ID'd a future terrorist?

Or did it MAKE him into a terrorist by incorrectly labeling him as one?

4. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 20:19 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:18:
I hear driving is indeed better this time...

I sure hope so. That'd be the one thing that'll make me skip it still, if the driving is still pure garbage.

2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 20:15 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 20:09:
Didn't LAUNCH TRAILERS come out when the game was LAUNCHED?

Oh, silly half elf. Since when has logic ever had anything to do with the gaming industry.

It looks fun though. I really like the look of San Francisco, I think that'd be a very cool city to wander around in. I think I'll pick this up for Christmas.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Content Patch & DLC
1. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Content Patch & DLC Nov 9, 2016, 20:14 Creston

Hi guys! Here's more Homefront DLCs!

*crickets*

... Guys? ... GUYS??!

*coyote howls*

87. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 20:10 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 18:33:
Any hopes for real steps towards universal healthcare are dead.

Repealing Obamacare will be the best thing Trump does.

- Before Obamacare, I had health insurance at a cost of ~ 280 dollars a month. 500 deductible, 3500 out of pocket max.
- In the three years of Obamacare, my premium went from 280 to 300 to 400 to 720 (what it would be next year if I kept it.)
- My deductible went from 500 to 1000 to 1500 to 2500.
- I don't even know how much my out of pocket max next year would be. It was 6800 this last year. It'll likely be 10 grand or so. I just quit reading the letter after it said 720 dollars a month in premium.

(This isn't even counting the fact my medications have nearly doubled in price too.)

For the majority of Americans, it'll just be cheaper to pay the penalty. (You know, let's punish them for being TOO FUCKING POOR TO AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE.) Yeah, that's a great system. Too bad we're losing it!

Sorry, not meant as an attack against you personally, but Obamacare is fucking bankrupting the people in this country who are unfortunate enough to not have healthcare through their employer.

86. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 20:05 Creston

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 18:42:
just go with "Survivor White House" for the next cycle.

I would watch the SHIT out of Survivor White House.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
10. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 17:44 Creston

ItBurn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:20:
Quinn wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 15:32:
I used that beating heart to analyze every opponent's true heart. Evil guys (like "He will end 2 more lives before going to bed tonight") I killed. Others (like "He works two shifts only so he can feed his family") I knocked out or ignored.

What? Never heard of that heart thing! In the first game, if you killed a lot, the entire game would change. Things would look darker, and there'd be more rats, dead people and destruction. I wonder if you only killed bad people, did it still make the world darker? Even brighter than if you killed no one?

It wasn't that heavily integrated, unfortunately. It was just flavor stuff, but it was very well done.

67. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:56 Creston

Retired wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 16:20:
oh, and woke up this AM to another great thing. Voted into law off of the ballot (this was not advertised at all! DUH MEDIA!) Lawmakers in MN can NO LONGER GIVE THEMSELVES RAISES!

Bravo MN!

66. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:50 Creston

sauron wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 12:27:
Here in Mordor, we closed our borders to Americans today. You guys are even more dangerous than we are...

Damn it! To Cirith Ungol!

65. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:48 Creston

Let's all Brexit!!!!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 9, 2016, 14:58 Creston

Net neutrality is done. The second Trump replaces Wheeler, it's over.

Look forward to getting 50GB caps for your $100 monthly internet fees, broadband being classified as 128kbps, and every single byte of traffic not owned by your ISP being charged with a dollar overage fee. Yay.

Oh, and here comes Wells Fargo for your money again, because after all, those banking regulations we got after 2008 clearly need to go. They are hurting America after all...

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
4. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 14:55 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:20:
What's with the games releasing on Fridays instead of Tuesdays.
I am not complaining, I think it is awesome.

I think it's because the EU kept complaining they got the game three days later than the US.

So now everyone gets it on Friday. I guess that makes it better for the EU?

That aside, very excited for this

27866 Comments. 1394 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo