Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27587 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
47. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 21:48 Creston

Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 21:19:
When Matt Damon says his new movie is the best movie he's ever made, do you get furious if it isn't as good as whatever movie of his you like best?

I'd imagine if Matt Damon says that his movie is "going to have five real car chases, a threesome with Scarlet Johanssen and Kate Upton, and a skyscraper shootout that will make Die Hard look like a Teletubbies episode! It will redefine the entire action genre!" and when his movie comes out there's no action and it's basically Tootsie II, people would probably be pretty pissed, yeah.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
46. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 21:44 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 20:32:
ninemil wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 20:14:
The Defence Force is out, I see.

Says the mirrors edge defender...

Hey, Mirror's edge is a damn fine game. There's a bit too much collecting stuff and too few missions, but other than that it's a ton of fun. Anyone who liked the first one would love Catalyst, imo.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Videos
3. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 28, 2016, 14:08 Creston

in 1080p and up to 60 FPS*

*25fps on Xbox One.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 27, 2016, 22:06 Creston

"Hey, you know that game we made you pay $60 to beta test? Yeah, we don't know how to fix it, so would you mind coming over here and showing us? We'll throw in a hot pocket!"

News Comments > Halo 5: Forge PC Specs
20. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 27, 2016, 22:01 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 18:03:
Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 13:21:
This is basically the most retarded thing MS has done, and this is the company that gave us such things as Windows ME, Vista, 8 and the Win10 anniversary update which broke (estimated) a large majority of all webcams in the world.
Ah, so that's what fucked up my webcam. And it's a bloody Microsoft webcam and all. That and Microsoft auto-installed the Skype preview, which is an abomination.

Microsoft can fuck right off!

Wait until you read how they fucking broke it.

(basically: "Hey, we completely redid how webcams are handled in Windows without ever mentioning it, and we also really just had no clue most webcams work with compression, and our brand new method can't handle compression, so, yeah, uh... we broke it! Teehee!" )

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2016, 13:39 Creston

Reposting from yesterday's OOtblack, if a game on Steam won't run and says there's an update, but refuses to update, try switching to a european download server.

It happened to me with Deus Ex. after downloading the patch from a european server, it worked (phew.)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. We know we're not doing enough Aug 27, 2016, 13:33 Creston

In the meantime, cough up 200 bucks to get your car back.

Fuck you, Philadelphia.

"We want to find out the best way that as a city government, we can help bring in the solution."

How about you send the cops to go arrest that fucking piece of shit, you twat-ass bint?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Stranger Things. Aug 27, 2016, 13:28 Creston

Third most popular? It should be first, as it is fucking AWESOME.  

News Comments > Halo 5: Forge PC Specs
2. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 27, 2016, 13:21 Creston

This is basically the most retarded thing MS has done, and this is the company that gave us such things as Windows ME, Vista, 8 and the Win10 anniversary update which broke (estimated) a large majority of all webcams in the world.

So, good show, MS.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Aug 27, 2016, 11:12 Creston

Is anyone else's Deus Ex just fucking borked? It won't start. Keeps saying there's an update queued, but when I try to download it, it won't do anything. Verifying integrity of game cache doesn't do anything either. What the shit?

Edit: Something seems to be broken in Steam. I switched to a download server in Europe and it works now.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
66. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 26, 2016, 12:44 Creston

NKD wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 14:00:
The hacking is definitely harder this time. You can also run into those firewalls which instantly start a trace. Maxing out capture and stealth was the first thing I got. I also picked up the wireless hacking thingy. Thats amazing for shutting off cameras or distracting guards.

I'm not a big fan of the firewalls. The fact that they're hidden seems like a cool idea at first, but since you're so short on software to reveal them, it just means you save, do the hack, run the reveal software, reload, and remember where the firewall was.

It adds nothing to the gameplay, really.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 26, 2016, 11:48 Creston

Fastest way to get pizza in NZ? Shoot down a domino's drone.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 26, 2016, 11:45 Creston

mag wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 23:45:
Creston wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 18:58:
Dammit. Fuck you, Larry Page.

It's Google's MO to dabble and then kill projects. Never rely on any of their products...

I wasn't counting on GF, the odds of them ever making it to my house were literally 0%, but I was sort of counting on the threat of their competition forcing lazy shitbags like AT&T and Cox to improve.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 25, 2016, 22:36 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 21:56:
Creston wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 18:58:

Why? It's not his fault Gfibe is failing miserably.

Presumably not, but it is his fault that they are giving up. Google Fiber's operating cost is like 1/1000th of a percent of their annual budget, so why quit? So some shareholder can get an extra 0.0001 cent in dividends?

They have a couple hundred thousand subs when they need 5+ million. That's Google's fault for not having more aggressive pricing and lower tiers.

No, I think that's because they simply haven't rolled out anywhere near enough. They are supposed to be "available" in six cities, but if you actually check these cities, you can get GF almost nowhere.

I'd be very curious to see the percentage of those few hundred thousand subs compared to the actual amount of people that they reach.

Most people aren't going to pay $70-$100 per month for GB because they don't need it. They'll obviously choose less for less money.

Well, they also have a 50 dollar plan and there is basically no ISP that has plans less than 50 dollars for internet only that gives anywhere near the same speed. So I doubt it's because people don't want to pay that much. Again, I'd be very curious if they even REACH 5 million people.

Now, it's not their fault that they're having difficulty rolling out to more customers, that's all the fault of the fuck-ass politicians who go out of their fucking way to protect incumbent monopolies, but even so, if Google Fiber gives up, which is essentially what they are doing, there end the upgrades all the other shit-ass ISPs were (forced to) do(ing) as well.

Google was fighting The Good Fight, and Larry Page is stopping it because it costs what he spends on lunch every week.

So, to summarize: Fuck you, Larry page.

Hell countries like Romania have GB fiber for $20US per month. You're telling me Romania can manage this and we can't?

I am not sure how that is really relevant. 50 dollars is a perfectly good price point for GF to have for symmetrical 100Mb/s.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 25, 2016, 18:58 Creston

News Comments > Duke Nukem Countdown
2. Re: Duke Nukem Countdown Aug 25, 2016, 18:56 Creston

Duke Nukem: Colonial Marine!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
60. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 25, 2016, 13:27 Creston

Still running fine even after the patch (phew! *knocks on wood again*). Still loving it. STILL in the first part of Prague! There's just so much to do and see and loot and hack and so many people to knock out! My boss at TaskForce 29 keeps calling and asking where the hell I am. hehe.

I will say that I think they've made hacking a little too difficult. Perhaps it's because I'm on Deus Ex difficulty, but even with hacking 5 and stealth 1, it's shit hard to get through a level 2 hack... I'm not a huge fan of the "let's just put level 5 nodes in a level 2 hack." thing they're doing now. I should have just immediately bought stealth 3, but since I was able to get by with stealth 1 in the HR, I figured it'd go fine here too.

Other than that, loving it.

I really should go by my boss' office one of these days...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Windows 10 freezing Aug 25, 2016, 06:34 Creston

Nevertheless, this isnít a shining moment for Microsoft, who decided that Windows 10 would force updates on users. Considering that all the updates go through various rounds of testing basically no testing whatsoever, itís surprising that this problem wasnít caught.

Oh wait. No, no it's not surprising at all.

Between this and the large majority of webcams breaking, it's become blatantly obvious to everyone except Microsoft that the Insider program simply DOES.NOT.FUCKING.WORK.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 24, 2016, 19:07 Creston

I've yet to see a single micro-transaction in the game, so if people are annoyed by them, they are literally going out of their way to do so.

Now the fucking intro videos on the other hand... FUCK the asshole who made those unskippable.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2016, 16:39 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 12:26:
Uh 4th Amendment anyone? I never understand how these agencies can just do stuff like this and not get smacked down immediately for it.

The Constitution CLEARLY does not apply to the government or any of its myriad agencies.

27587 Comments. 1380 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo