Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28084 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2016, 10:46 Creston

All Americans should be alarmed by Russia’s actions. In October, my Administration publicized our assessment that Russia took actions intended to interfere with the U.S. election process.

Which is different from the dozens of times the US interfered with election processes around the world... how?

*crickets*

In any case, I'm sure Russia is terrified of us now. You showed 'em, Obama!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2016, 10:02 Creston

Dacron wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 17:01:
Wow. Must live a real interesting, busy life that he has to come back to a place where no one likes him and is constantly forced to leave against his wishes.

Plenty of people like him, he often has solid comments. He just tends to get a little too arrogant/patronizing from time to time, which leads to him getting banned again.

I'll take him over quite a few others.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 30, 2016, 09:58 Creston

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 09:41:
"That's no moon!"

It's a... warehouse?

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Dec 30, 2016, 09:58 Creston

Dammit, still so much dust in this website...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 30, 2016, 09:49 Creston

"Should we fix any of these myriad Windows 10 issues?"

"No, just turn the BSoD green. Progress!"

Thanks Microsoft. Great to know you're on the ball.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. We get it, 2016 Dec 29, 2016, 10:58 Creston

You're a giant PoS. Stop killing people already.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Dec 29, 2016, 10:57 Creston

Did the TIEs always jitter that much? I mean, technically according to the lore they should be able to do that, but it's annoying as hell to play a game where every opponent is just able to instantaneously alter their momentum and vector that way...

News Comments > Final Fantasy Creator's New Game Plans
3. Re: Final Fantasy Creator's New Game Plans Dec 29, 2016, 10:52 Creston

Obviously he needs a good team to help make his vision reality, but we've seen some FFs without Sakaguchi, and they've just not been the same.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll come up with.

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 29, 2016, 09:55 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 02:06:
"Windows 10" and "Enhanced PC gaming experience" are not phrases that exist in the same universe. Nothing MS does with PC gaming ever enhanced anything.

Nah, that's not true. DirectX has done phenomenal stuff for gaming (at least once the first few horrible versions were out of the way).

But after DX9 it's been basically a long downhill slide.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 28, 2016, 23:50 Creston

Here comes the angry fist shake, and the empty rhetoric. Putin is quaking in his boots.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 28, 2016, 23:49 Creston

Enhanced PC gaming experience. Rolleyes

"Turn on Game Mode, and get live Xbox Live updates streamed to your desktop! Now you can see what cheevos XXXX---M@STAFR@GST@---XXXX earned in real time!!!"

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 28, 2016, 15:36 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 14:47:
but now you don't need to buy or lease one, and don't need to park it (think about how much of America is taken up by sprawling parking lots.)

I see this and similar arguments a lot when people talk about self-driving cars. "We won't need so much parking space anymore!" Or, even worse "We need to start NOW on reclaiming like 90% of our roads, we won't need them anymore!"

The fact is that while car ownership may go down, car TRIPS will not go down. In fact, car trips will go UP massively. Example, right now, in the morning, I drive to work, and my wife drives to work. In the afternoon, we both drive home. Four car trips.

If we had one self driving car, it could drive me to work, drive home, drive my wife to work, drives to wherever where mysterious time elapses while car parties with its other car friends, drives to my wife's work, drives her home, drives to my work, drives me home.

One car, but now we're doing EIGHT car trips versus four. Profit?

And less parking, well, people aren't very big on carpooling now, so there's no real reason to think that that will get any better with self-driving cars. So there will still be humongous amounts of self-driving cars on the road during rush hour. Those cars will need to GO somewhere during the time when they're not in use.

People say "You'll just use them as a taxi during the hours when you don't need it," but first off, that's already been outlawed by Tesla, for example, and second, who the hell wants to put that kind of mileage on their car??

So, no, self-driving cars aren't miraculously going to fix the parking problem. The only thing it'll do is shift the problem from the areas where it's most prevalent to areas where there is plenty of parking. And as for this inane idea that it'll lead to nice, quiet roads... ????

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 28, 2016, 08:58 Creston

ViRGE wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 03:39:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 20:33:
If a self driving car kills a ped then company that built it is at fought and will be sued...
Eh. If we make it to truly autonomous cars, then carrying insurance will become mandatory. So you'll sue the owner, as they hold the car's insurance policy.

Think of it like suing a kid's parents for the actions of said kid.

One of the things most "car people" are in agreement of is that self-driving cars will likely shift the car insurance supply chain. Instead of you needing insurance and getting it from (for example) State Farm, the manufacturer will sell you mandatory all-risk insurance on purchase of a self-driving vehicle, thereby in essence becoming your insurer. (Though they will likely still contract this out to State Farm etc.)

In any case, you as the passenger can/should never be held liable.

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Dec 28, 2016, 08:15 Creston

Poor Carrie.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2016, 17:57 Creston

Beamer wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 17:46:
Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 16:48:
problem fixed.

Those would actually make the problem worse. They isolate droning noises, like the engines, and make it easier to hear conversations.

? Not that I've ever noticed. It's pretty blissfully quiet on plane trips with a pair of those on.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
15. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 27, 2016, 16:48 Creston

problem fixed.

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
29. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 16:40 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 14:43:
BillboBaggins wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 14:25:
Not sure how anything with a regular release schedule *although it slides from time to time* is still in dev could be considered vaporware...

Vaporware. Software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

That Chris Roberts decided to let people play early alpha builds doesn't negate the fact that it fits the textbook definition of vaporware perfectly. People don't like the negative connotation, but it is what it is.

You can buy Star Citizen right now and download something that is playable. This is not vaporware. There are regular updates about Star Citizen, you can see the development of the title progressing, there are playable modules you can download and play right this very minute.

Duke Nukem Forever was vaporware right up until it was released. Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still vaporware. As far as we know (and knew at the time), neither title even really existed, even as publishers kept / keep talking about it.

None of this is the case with Star Citizen.

Star Citizen may still wind up to be the greatest "keep devs employed" scam of all time, but in its current state, it's not vaporware.

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
28. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 16:37 Creston

Edit: Post made redundant.

News Comments > Hero's Song Cancelled
8. Re: Hero's Song Cancelled Dec 27, 2016, 16:33 Creston

Spektr wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 13:04:
Because one gets paid even if the project fails

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 12:57:
This was a terrible business model... Why even start with that vague hope of "Well, maybe we'll get enough money down the road?"

Seeing how they're giving full refunds, I doubt anyone's getting paid? Btw, it IS a classy move they're giving people their money back.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: dang ol internet like Dec 27, 2016, 13:02 Creston

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 11:56:
more like "TV set turned into a useless brick by lack of knowledge on how to perform a system reset"

Haha, so true.

28084 Comments. 1405 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo