Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 28662 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade Launches
1. Re: Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade Launches May 4, 2017, 22:31 Creston

So... this, or Stellaris + Utopia?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 4, 2017, 18:39 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 4, 2017, 16:13:
It isn't stealing because technically AMD and Nvidia didn't lose anything. Plus, those Chinese companies were probably planning to buy them, but wanted to test them out, first. They'll probably still buy it when AMD and Nvidia drop the price low enough, I mean, if Steam does a sale on those manufacturing secrets for, say, $5, the Chinese companies would be all over it, and therefore it's 100% ok.

Giggle

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Youtube "prank" May 4, 2017, 10:27 Creston

I bet that dumbass would have thought it'd have been even funnier if people had gotten into an accident over it.

In any case, yep, removing federal road signs is a felony. And sure, they can donate to your legal fund, but your ass is still going to jail, because there is video evidence of you frigging committing the crime. Moron.

"BUT I DID IT FOR THE YOUTUBES!" is not a $)*#$# legal defense.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2017, 23:03 Creston

PRESS THINKS THEY NEED MORE FREEDOM TO POST FAKE NEWS! SAD!

- predicted TrumpTwittle.

News Comments > Ubisoft: What Far Cry 3 Tease?
4. Hey Quinn May 3, 2017, 23:01 Creston

Make sure to send us some links.

Quinn wrote on May 3, 2017, 18:25:
I'll cut off my balls and upload it to my YouTube channel if this won't have something strongly to do with Vaas. Perhaps you'll play as him.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Starcraft source code May 3, 2017, 22:59 Creston

I'd be very curious to know how that CD wound up in a "Box of Blizzard stuff."

It's amazing how few shits devs give about their source codes for games.

News Comments > Ubisoft: What Far Cry 3 Tease?
3. Re: Ubisoft: What Far Cry 3 Tease? May 3, 2017, 22:56 Creston

Ubi, I give you 3 dismissive wanks.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. SpaceX satellites May 3, 2017, 22:52 Creston

I usually never go against Elon Musk, because the guy is really, REALLY fucking smart and even his craziest ideas somehow make their way into reality, but 4500 satellites? And then 7500 more??? Ignoring the fact that that's 3 (or like 9 with the 7500 extra) times the current amount of satellites in the entire sky world-wide, how on earth does he ever expect this to become cost-efficient??

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
12. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 13:54 Creston

Quinn wrote on May 3, 2017, 12:12:
Creston wrote on May 3, 2017, 12:06:
I'd love another tropical Far Cry. Far Cry SHOULD be tropical.

Also, to me this image actually kind of struck me as a pirates thing because of the skull? Maybe another Black Flag game???

Dude it's an actual FC3 image...

Well shit.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Tease
5. Re: Far Cry 3 Tease May 3, 2017, 12:06 Creston

I'd love another tropical Far Cry. Far Cry SHOULD be tropical.

Also, to me this image actually kind of struck me as a pirates thing because of the skull? Maybe another Black Flag game???

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews May 2, 2017, 21:26 Creston

You guys never even bothered to fix the damn game feeling the need to redo the shader cache every {random} amount of times it starts up, meaning it takes like three minutes just to boot to the menu, so you'll forgive me if I don't take your damn word for it.

Another thing to note is that Dishonored 2 was developed on Arkane's own Void engine, while Prey was made using CryEngine 3.

And CLEARLY you'd know CryEngine 3 better than your own engine, ergo, Latin, better results for Prey? Confused

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. 5 trillion fps May 2, 2017, 15:26 Creston

Too bad the Mythbusters aren't around anymore. I'd love to see something blow up at 5 trillion FPS.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 15:15 Creston

ItBurn wrote on May 2, 2017, 11:13:
Cutter wrote on May 2, 2017, 11:09:
Wonder what's next for TES. Guess we'll find out in June.

I don't think so. I think the next TES game is 5 years away at least.

I'd say 2020. They're done with FO4, so everyone at Todd Howard's studio is working full tilt on the next ES, and has been for probably around a year now.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Turns 15 May 2, 2017, 15:14 Creston

I loved Morrowind, it was the first Elder Scrolls that I REALLY got into (I played the first two but didn't stick with them beyond a few hours.)

Just the persistence of the world was amazing. After I'd been playing for 30 or so hours, it really bugged me that my character had no place for himself. No house to store my loot, etc. So I came up with the idea, what if I kill some house owning schlub in town? Surely the game won't let me do that? The guards will come storming in and murder me, or the game will lock me out of the house, or the owner just gets magically respawned after a day or something, right?

Followed some dude into his house. Cut him down to shreds. Hid his body in a closet. Waited. No guards came. No respawn. Nothing. Satisfied, I took the key from him, and turned his house into my personal Daedric and Glass armor/weapon display museum.

I mean, we take this for granted now, but I don't think many games had done this kind of open world persistence before. (I think you could do it in Gothic.)

And then of course the layering of items. By the end I was a permanently flying/levitating, enchanted-out-the-ass Daedric armor wearing God. I killed Vivec because I didn't like his conceited belief that he was more powerful than me. I don't remember much of my fight with Dagoth Ur, other than that it was over very, very quickly, and I thought "Wow, you were what everyone was afraid of?"

I think it's that slow nerfing and eroding of the magic system and its abilities that I miss most of all from Morrowind versus the later Elder Scrolls.

News Comments > Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve
9. Re: Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve May 2, 2017, 15:07 Creston

Not much writing to do anymore at Valve. Unless you count the imaginative ways their 'customer support' replies to tickets telling you to get shafted.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2017, 17:34 Creston

"We will make changes to procedures..."

"... to ensure this kind of stuff never gets released to the public again, because OF COURSE we do this."

Anyone who uses Facebook and whose shit gets used like this, eh, you get what you signed up for.

News Comments > X-Wing XWVM Mod Video
18. Re: X-Wing XWVM Mod Video May 1, 2017, 17:33 Creston

It looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet as hell. I'm just worried that since it's a small team / work as they have time, it'll be absolute yonks before it's ever out... But eh, it's also been 20+ years since I last played Xwing, so I can wait a bit.

News Comments > Prey System Specs
16. Re: Prey System Specs Apr 28, 2017, 10:57 Creston

The only thing that's making me meh so far about this title is that the enemies/aliens all look the same and might get boring in a hurry. Gameplay wise, they are excellent at allowing you to just get through a level whatever way you want, and it's always a lot of fun in their games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2017, 11:17 Creston

Happy Anniversary, Blues'es

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Patched
3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Patched Apr 27, 2017, 11:16 Creston

Players can request for help now while in down state.

04/27/17.10:15:01 M@5T@K1LL5T@R wrote
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
04/27/17.10:15:02 M@5T@K1LL5T@R wrote
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"
"Rez plz"

28662 Comments. 1434 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo