Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 27457 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2016, 09:51 Creston

I only just watched Serenity about a month ago, and holy shit, talk about a gutpunch at the end.

For a series where the heroes comically never got hurt, despite (for example) standing in the open while 30+ armed gunmen are shooting at them, Serenity is a fucking brutal sendoff. And seriously, (secret) You couldn't give Wash a better end than THAT???

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Issues
20. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 7, 2016, 17:06 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 16:37:
For example this article shows what I think we all know, stop Update Service... and if that works, then really what in gods name is all the fuss about? This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. I assume there is something funny going on where it doesn't work, system goes in and stealth starts it any way, otherwise the "You can't stop updates" is one of the most grossly reported issues in the history of Windows feardom.

http://mspoweruser.com/turn-off-windows-update-windows-10/

The update service isn't actually RUNNING on W10 all the time. It gets turned on by something, presumably in the registry, but could just as easily be something hardcoded somewhere, checks for updates, installs them, then the service gets turned off again.

Simply disabling the service does exactly 0% against stopping those updates from being installed. (on Home Premium anyway.)

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2016, 14:38 Creston

I'd go for a world without nukes, but until someone offs Putin and heavily changes the shithole that is North Korea, it's probably not really safe to do so.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
9. National Talk over encryption vs safety Aug 7, 2016, 14:36 Creston

FBI Dillwallet: We feel that we need to be able to break any kind of encryption at any time, thereby making encryption essentially completely pointless, because we will lose our master key within a week of receiving it.
Nation: Hell No.

This was a good talk, FBI. We should do it more often.

9. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Issues Aug 7, 2016, 14:34 Creston

Didn't know about the metered thing, thanks guys. Sadly I'm on wired, otherwise I'd have definitely turned that on.

5. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Issues Aug 7, 2016, 13:53 Creston

the gaming geeks at Ars recommend that you avoid the Anniversary update

Right, and you do that how on an OS that forces updates down your throat?

4. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Issues Aug 7, 2016, 13:52 Creston

That's pretty typical Microsoft right there. Microsoft controller on Microsoft OS, and it doesn't work.

I'm sure plenty of people here remember the good old Sidewinder days, that always had major fucking issues in just about every version of Windows.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 CE With No Game
7. Re: Battlefield 1 CE With No Game Aug 6, 2016, 10:55 Creston

EA has been pulling these kind of stunts for a long time. They once sold a boxed copy of a UO expansion pack that merely contained a note saying: "Thank you for buying the expansion! We want to make sure that it meets up with our players' standards, so it's not actually ready yet. Once it becomes available, you will be first in line to be allowed to buy it able to download it for free!"

So compared to that, this isn't too bad.

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Details
7. Re: Dishonored 2 Details Aug 5, 2016, 14:11 Creston

El Pit wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:29:
Creston wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:12:
It is SO MUCH more fun to play KILLLLLL. The powers just work so much better, you have so many more options. Just summoning hordes of rats to chew through that guard checkpoint is fantastic.

You... sniff... YOU... MONSTER!!!! VIRTUAL LIFES MATTER!!! Bigcry

Okay, Beyonce.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2016, 13:15 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 12:30:
It is incredible what Win 10 customers have to put up with, free "upgrade" or not.

It's even more incredible how some people will keep defending it...

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2016, 13:13 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 11:56:
Another were partitions are removed and boom there goes someones linux dual boot.

Oh, nice. That's truly quality work there.

5. Re: Dishonored 2 Details Aug 5, 2016, 13:12 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 11:28:
Creston wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 11:08:
Yeah, quite looking forward to this. I really enjoyed my "CORVO KILLLLLLLL!!!!" playthrough where everything tasted my wrath.

I've only completed it once and went goody two shoes, so I need to do a chaos run and see the differences on the first one...

It is SO MUCH more fun to play KILLLLLL. The powers just work so much better, you have so many more options. Just summoning hordes of rats to chew through that guard checkpoint is fantastic.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 5, 2016, 11:34 Creston

That anniversary update stuff is nice. Typical Microsoft.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2016, 11:10 Creston

Countries fight to host the Olympics to generate money and tourism fill their politicians' pockets.

FTFY.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2016, 11:08 Creston

Surprise surprise.

2. Re: Dishonored 2 Details Aug 5, 2016, 11:08 Creston

Yeah, quite looking forward to this. I really enjoyed my "CORVO KILLLLLLLL!!!!" playthrough where everything tasted my wrath.

News Comments > StarCraft HD Next Month?
6. Re: StarCraft HD Next Month? Aug 5, 2016, 11:07 Creston

I'll get it for 10 bucks, but anything over that (seems likely, given that it's Blizzard) and haha no.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2016, 17:45 Creston

Rio opening ceremony, ft tons of shit and corruption.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 4, 2016, 15:51 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 4, 2016, 15:05:
I disagree with that. Holocaust is also just an old Greek word but it has become synonymous with the genocide of the Jews in WW2. Likewise, Apartheid has become synonymous with extreme racial segregation and prejudice.

That's a very fair point, but on the flipside, the fact that the genocide of the Jews in WW2 is referred to as the Holocaust doesn't mean the word can't ever be used again. It is used in different contexts. So to say that the word apartheid can't ever be used for anything else ever again seems weird.

Those terms, imo, should not be used lightly in inflationary ways especially not in video games where you have a very high chance that some dumb kids will think that racial segregation in South Africa has been named after the video game Deus Ex MD and not vice versa ("d00d the game is so popular they have even named real life shit after it!!!11").

Yeah, but by that benchmark we can't use any more words ever. Let's not start making rules just to protect ignorance.

The dev should use their creativity and come up with a term of their own. Not that hard and problem solved.

But if they call it Florpheid, nobody will know what it means, and it has no resonance. Justified or not, Apartheid evokes an image of brutal and often violent segregation, which judging from the trailers is exactly what's being shown in DE:MD.

I don't see an issue with using it again, same as I wouldn't see an issue with something else being referred to as a holocaust (as long as it isn't referred to as THE Holocaust.)

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 4, 2016, 14:41 Creston

including whether to designate the electronic ballot-casting system for November’s elections as “critical infrastructure,”

Because that will make it guaranteed unhackable. Rolleyes

27457 Comments. 1373 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo