Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29359 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
17. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 12:57 Creston

MacLeod wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 08:43:
Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 23:40:
I hope AC Origins sell very well, because it's a great game. Having an absolute fucking blast with it.

Only thing I'm not happy about: The Trial of the Gods dropped today, and it's level 40 content, and it ends in six days. So, I guess fuck you to everyone who can't make it to level 40 in time, Ubi? :\

I was initially bothered by that as well. But they've said it will repeat. I'm guessing as they add them, they'll cycle back through them all, once all the gods have been released.

I hope so. I'm trying to make 40 before the time ends, but the last 10 levels need so much fucking XP...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2017, 12:54 Creston

Oh my God, that poor guy. No educational opportunities, no recreational opportunities. And then the thought of having to face that for six years is just mentally breaking him.

So sad. Let me blink away a tear here...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 8, 2017, 12:47 Creston

You can opt out of it fairly easily, actually. Don't use Facebook.

News Comments > Death Coming Leaves Early Access After One Day
1. Re: Death Coming Leaves Early Access After One Day Nov 8, 2017, 12:45 Creston

"We don't want to be seen on the storefront as an EA game, but really, you should still consider us an EA game!"

What a bunch of bullshit.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 7, 2017, 23:46 Creston

Drumpf just busted a nut.  

News Comments > Mass Effect N7 Day
7. Re: Mass Effect N7 Day Nov 7, 2017, 23:43 Creston

CD Projekt Red does a "ten years of the Witcher" video, and it's 3 minutes of seeing your favorite characters once more, and it's fantastic.

Bioware does a "ten years of Mass Effect" video, and it's 7 minutes of them talking...

smh.

In any case, happy Bday Mass Effect. Shame you died the ignominious way you did, with a shitty game.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
8. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 7, 2017, 23:40 Creston

I hope AC Origins sell very well, because it's a great game. Having an absolute fucking blast with it.

Only thing I'm not happy about: The Trial of the Gods dropped today, and it's level 40 content, and it ends in six days. So, I guess fuck you to everyone who can't make it to level 40 in time, Ubi? :\

News Comments > Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S.
6. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 23:39 Creston

Holy freaking crap. I wonder how many of those are on the PC, as it's been in the top 10 non-stop for well over a year now.

Clearly, Rockstar, there is absolutely no demand for your games on the PC, you'd never make money off them, and you should never, ever put any effort into putting the RDR games on the PC. Rolleyes

News Comments > Get Watch_Dogs for Free
6. Re: Get Watch_Dogs for Free Nov 7, 2017, 00:39 Creston

rawbelly wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 22:26:
Just finished off my Ryzen build. Not sure I'm even going to install Uplay or Orgin this time around. I have that fresh I-just-had-a-nice-shave-and-a-shower feeling.

Would you mind posting your components? I'm doing research for one myself right now. Would be much appreciated.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 16:05 Creston

Go MD and MN! Kill DST!

Fuck DST.

There’s an abundance of scientific research that has linked DST to harmful side effects, Bailey told the Los Angeles Times. Some of those harms include an increased risk of stroke, more heart attacks, miscarriages for in vitro fertilization patients, among many other undesirable complications.

Well, CLEARLY we should stick with it for whatever fucking minor-ass benefit it brought to farmers in 1147! Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 16:04 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 13:18:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:13:
I liked Stranger Things 2. Not quite as good as the first season, but still a highly tense and very enjoyable show. Very much looking forward to a third season (please, Netflix?)

Mouth Breather

Hey!

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2017, 12:45 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 21:58:
Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 13:05:
It doesn't matter what Equifax does or doesn't do about that, it matters what the FTC will do.

Oh wait, the FTC just takes a bribe and shuts the fuck up, like the rest of our government.

Do you mean the SEC? The SEC are kind of strict on insider trading. Ask Martha Stewart. If insider trading happened, they'll likely find out about it and do something.

Yeah, you are correct. I still don't think shit is going to happen though. Martha Stewart was small fry peanuts and someone they used to scare the peasantry into obedience. Equifax is like, IMPORTANT, MAN! :\

News Comments > 3D Realms Build Game Beta Testing
23. Re: 3D Realms Build Game Beta Testing Nov 6, 2017, 12:40 Creston

It's Build engine now. In 2020, they'll switch to Unreal Engine 5, then in 2023 they'll switch to Unity 4, and then in 2039 they'll switch to Star Citizen Engine 0.9Alpha.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 6, 2017, 11:13 Creston

Ajit Pai sees no problem with Broadcom buying Qualcomm.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 11:12 Creston

Burrito,

(secret)

Yes, but nobody would have given a shit if Billy died. Bob dying was perfect. I mean, I was like NOOOOOO! BOB! but people CARED that Bob died. I liked Bob.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 6, 2017, 11:10 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 17:12:
Ok I'm gonna counter-point ya Creston. I've been using computer since the good old Ti-994a, can pretty much troubleshoot all my software/hardware and am pretty intuitive when it comes to software.
But you have NO CLUE how much I'd love to get a bunch of Blue'sers to come to Amazon and just help them work out the GUI/Streamline some of the software we use. Thankfully we use windows 7/10 (depending if you begged enough to get a non-shitty laptop at work), but we also use Zebra TC5 scanners for just about everything (if you ever go to a Amazon pick-up drop-off you'll even see them there) and they are horrible outdated android phones with a scanner.
So back to the doctor..... I have seen offices that use a combo DOS system and Windows, that after watching them use it for years (when I donated plasma twice a week for years...) that makes my asshole pucker up due to all the key combo's etc they have to use.
Now throw in say a more modern hospital that has digital files of ultra sounds, MRI's scans etc it can be very daunting. Hell even my ex the head of a hospital Cath Lab unit had to take a 3 week course when they went 80-90% digital.
But we also know that digital files are like the internet. You may screw up something, and catch/fix it later but once it's out there it's out there. So I agree with you and the others that someone who can potential kill you by accidentally giving you a 10mg perscription giving you 20mg (or worse) is not a good thing.

I'm honestly not quite sure what point you're trying to make, bud. That some programs are a bitch to use? Sure, I'm not denying that, but if you work with them enough, you'll eventually learn how to use them. And if you don't have time for that, then do what every other doctor in the world does, and hire someone to do it for you.

I do tech support for a doctor here in town, and he has an office manager who basically does all the computer stuff for him. Not because he doesn't know how to (he does), but because he just doesn't have the time.

84 year old woman can bitch and moan as much as she wants, but her entire argument boils down to "I am old, I shouldn't have to learn shit I don't want to learn."

Sure, you don't, if you're unemployed. But if you want to be a doctor, then you do. And if you can't do it, then hire someone else to do it, or stop being a doctor.

News Comments > etc.
1. Rousey Nov 6, 2017, 10:16 Creston

Cool costume, but this bit from the article:

Rousey once spent $1,300 on WoW cards for the chance to get a rare mount, but unfortunately for her, it didn't work out.

How is this NOT gambling, exactly?

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 10:13 Creston

I liked Stranger Things 2. Not quite as good as the first season, but still a highly tense and very enjoyable show. Very much looking forward to a third season (please, Netflix?)  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2017, 13:05 Creston

It doesn't matter what Equifax does or doesn't do about that, it matters what the FTC will do.

Oh wait, the FTC just takes a bribe and shuts the fuck up, like the rest of our government.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2017, 13:02 Creston

I still come across the occasional user who goes "I just don't know how to use these dangfangled computers hahaha!"

Yeah, it's not funny anymore. It was cute back in the 90s. We're 20 years further down the road now. FUCKING LEARN OR GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WORKFORCE.

It's not like we're asking people to code a goddamned AI or something. Just some rudimentary knowledge on how to interact with Windows, the Internet and Office apps doesn't seem too much to fucking ask for.

Also, about that doctor:

“I had no choice,” she told Judge John Kissinger, who did not issue a ruling. The AP also noted that Konopka will see any patient who can pay her $50 in cash.

“If I close my office, they will be without medical care,” she also told the court. “Some of them need medications. Who will prescribe for them if I don’t have a license? I worry what will happen to them.”

If you see patients without a license, you're going to really quickly wind up in jail. And as for who will prescribe for them if you don't have a license? Other doctors WHO KNOW HOW TO USE A FUCKING COMPUTER.

29359 Comments. 1468 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo