Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 30725 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Physics Trailer
21. Re: Star Citizen Physics Trailer Oct 19, 2018, 18:09 Creston

It's nice tech, with literally zero gameplay implications. What the fuck else are they going to waste everyone's money on?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 18, 2018, 19:30 Creston

Amazon couldn't guarantee me that they'd do a release day delivery. Cancel, pre-order from Playstation store. Gimme my preload, I'll need the entire week to download it anyways!

News Comments > Morning Previews
6. Re: Morning Previews Oct 18, 2018, 17:41 Creston

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 18, 2018, 15:17:
There's still going to be Fallout 5 proper

Not anytime soon, though... I mean, 2024 or so at the earliest, probably?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 18, 2018, 12:49 Creston

I picture this bleak, destitute chamber with bare concrete walls, one flickering light bulb, and one old, discarded cafeteria table in it. Some disheveled guy sits at the table on a stool which has two of its five legs missing, looking at some print-outs of a slide that says "SAFEGUARD THE ELECTION!" and a memo from some dipshit executive charging him with this task.

He has no equipment of any kind, nor does he even understand what this has to do with him. Up until ten minutes ago, he was the guy who cleaned out the trash cans.

Outside the door, he can hear some marketoid speaking to reporters about how seriously Facebook is taking all of this.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. 5G phone Oct 18, 2018, 12:42 Creston

Soon. A BEEEEELLION DOLLARS, UNLESS YOU GET OUR TWO YEAR PLAN WITH 9 LINES WITH UNLIMITED* EVERYTHING!

(* Not actually unlimited. 5G data plan allows you to watch video for an entire 9 seconds per month before we throttle you back down to 2G speeds, but right now we will give you an extra 9 seconds for FREE! ** Take advantage of this amazing offer NOW!)

(** Not actually free. While we don't charge you directly for the 9 seconds, we just add some extra on one of those ubiquitous, indecipherable fees we charge you. But if you act now, we will waive *** this fee!)

(*** This is actually true! We will not charge you this extra bullshit fee at ALL! To make up for it, though, we will just 'mistakenly' overbill you a few months here and there in the future. If you have an objection to us blatantly stealing mistakenly overcharging you, please file a complaint with the FCC who will address your grievance.****)

(**** HAHAHAHAHA SUCKERS! WE OWN THE FCC! AJIT PAI IS OUR BITCH! Now start writing fucking BIG-ASS CHECKS made payable to "I Love Being Bent Over By Verizon"!)

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews Oct 18, 2018, 12:35 Creston

"We own the license now. What we say is what goes."

News Comments > Snooker 19 Announced
5. Re: Snooker 19 Announced Oct 18, 2018, 12:14 Creston

MisterBenn wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 22:52:
You must be talking of the mighty Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker!

Now that I think of it, what ever happened to Virtual Pool 4? I remember 3 had a decent version of snooker in it although the AI didn't really manage the position of the reds like a pro snooker player does.

I remember with 4 there were controversies about a subscription model, and always on DRM and then I don't recall ever hearing of it again, and never heard of anyone owning it or playing it online. Did it flop?

Jimmy White's was good. There was another one I played back in the days of the old Amiga, but I can't remember what it was called. I tried Virtual Pool and didn't particularly enjoy it. Like you said, bad positional play, it never seemed to play snookers, and it went for shots that even today's pros would only ever play if it was literally the only shot available to them, or if it was a shot-to-nothing.

No idea about VP4. I play a pool game on my phone (Pool Break) that's pretty good for the pool part, but again pretty terrible for snooker.

I really like that this will have the venues in it, as well as the players. I'm extremely hopeful this will be good in which case I am definitely picking this up. I can't play actual snooker anymore because of my back, so a good game will have to do as a substitute

News Comments > Blizzard "Working on Different Diablo Projects"
18. Re: Blizzard Oct 18, 2018, 09:42 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 23:33:
- Diablo Clickharder

That's the sequel. First they have to release Diablo: Click Hard.

News Comments > Blizzard "Working on Different Diablo Projects"
7. Re: Blizzard Oct 17, 2018, 21:09 Creston

Diablo Auction House. We removed all the irritating gameplay elements, now you can just focus on what you really loved!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2018, 21:08 Creston

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 14:28:
Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 12:40:
RDR2 is like 105GB, IIRC, so yeah, it better come on 2 discs. I'd hate to get one disc and then still have 50+ Gigs to download...
The first patch weighs in at 75GB. It's just a sign of the times.

Ugh. Goddammit.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2018, 21:06 Creston

Unbefuckinglievable. The WEB ENGINEER gets busted, but the asshole CEO and CFO who did millions (and were responsible for the whole fucking thing in the first place) get diddly jack shit.

Fuck this bullshit. It's time for another revolution. Where do we sign up?

News Comments > Snooker 19 Announced
1. Re: Snooker 19 Announced Oct 17, 2018, 21:03 Creston

Could be cool. It has indeed been AGES since there was a good snooker game out.

News Comments > Loot Play Debuts
1. Re: Loot Play Debuts Oct 17, 2018, 21:02 Creston

We're the first on the PC to do this! It's completely unique! So unique we've totally copy-pasta'd the entire MO of Humble Crate.

said Erik Reynolds, VP of Product Marketing and Communications

Never let a goddamn marketoid speak. Keep it in the cellar, chained to the wall.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. NASA Astronaut Oct 17, 2018, 12:45 Creston

"Suit-shitting terror. I mean, I feel bad for that poor Russian guy who had to clean that..."

It's been 15 years since NASA lost the entire crew of the Columbia space shuttle soon after lift-off.

*snort* I see you're definitely a great website to get scientific FACTS from, sciencealert.com. Columbia broke up upon re-entry. Challenger was the one that was destroyed after lift-off. Jesus, I can't believe that was nearly 33 years ago...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2018, 12:43 Creston

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 12:18:
Cutter wrote on Oct 17, 2018, 10:45:
Advertisers/marketers live in their own little world. A world where they think people actually appreciate what they do.

I dunno, I appreciate that Blue has a site he updates twice daily and makes a living off of without me paying a dime for it.

Even so, how many people here that allow the ads through uBlock ever bother to look at them, or, God forbid, CLICK on them?

I mean, I'll do from time to time just to generate some click-through revenue, but I have literally never bought a single thing because of an ad here. (The Amazon links excepted.)

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2018, 12:41 Creston

Advertisers also shocked to discover that the sun rises in the East, water is wet, and government officials actually are NOT trustworthy!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2018, 12:40 Creston

RDR2 is like 105GB, IIRC, so yeah, it better come on 2 discs. I'd hate to get one disc and then still have 50+ Gigs to download...

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 16, 2018, 22:35 Creston

Yeah that's kind of my idea as well. This is Fallout 4 with just the combat and base building. No cool characters / sidekicks / npcs, no fun quests, no factions.

Yay?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 16, 2018, 22:32 Creston

Ajit Pai wants more checks from carriers who are still pissed at him pretending to give a shit about the American people during the two months his dumb ass was under investigation for corruption.

SOMEONE PLEASE HIT THIS FUCKER WITH A BUS.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 16, 2018, 10:18 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 15, 2018, 20:46:
Lmfao, that Kotaku writer's about-the-author blurb is two words, "News editor." Then the rest of the three lines in that space is him begging people to buy his book... Pretty much what I'd expect from that shithole publication.

I'll say three things about that:

Kotaku is pretty bad, though I do read it fairly regularly.
Jason Schreier has some good insights into the gaming industry.
His book is actually a very interesting read.

30725 Comments. 1537 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo