Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Paul

Real Name Paul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Creston
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2002, 22:32
Total Comments 29761 (Jedi)
User ID 15604

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered
18. Re: Paragon Closing in April; Refunds Offered Jan 27, 2018, 13:21 Creston

It's a class move to offer refunds to everyone that bought it. That's incredible. Kudos, Epic. Thumbsup

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. How does MoviePass make money? Jan 26, 2018, 16:06 Creston

It doesn't. Numbers don't work that way, no matter how much VC idiots seem to believe they do. The more customers MoviePass has, the more money they lose (if those customers at least go see 2 movies a month.)

So I dunno, I guess maybe they think that millions of people will subscribe, and then never go see any movies? Maybe they'll make canceling your account literally impossible.

Apparently VC seem to think that throwing endless money at a company that never makes a profit, and watching it "grow" is somehow a valid business plan. Oh, hi, Uber!

So then they resort to what is essentially extortion. Awesome.

News Comments > Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer
14. Re: Star Citizen Website Relaunches, Offers New Trailer Jan 26, 2018, 15:44 Creston

They explain the goal of the renovation is to provide visitors "a more intuitive experience and stronger branding for all three pillars of the gameís development." sucker more people into giving money for pictures of pretty spaceships.

Eh, on the flipside, it's not like their webguy was busy building planets, so whatever.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 26, 2018, 09:45 Creston

Yeah, I fail to see why I'm supposed to get upset about idiot teenagers choosing to poison themselves. Who cares? One less moron on the planet.

Same with all these imbeciles who set themselves on fire and film it. Burn, idiots, burn.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2018, 17:44 Creston

Nah, Congress / Senate is made up of cheap whores, not expensive whores. I'm sure most of them will happily be bought for a fiver.

News Comments > Anthem Delayed?
13. Re: Anthem Delayed? Jan 25, 2018, 17:41 Creston

Apparently, Bioware is all in on Anthem.

When it undoubtedly does not live up to EA's expectations, because

1) EA is retarded, and will expect this game to produce a billion dollars in revenue
2) EA is retarded, and will put so many lootboxes and microtransactions in it that it will make the Apple store look like a benign, happy place in comparison
3) Bioware has never made a game like this, is not good at it and seems to think that everyone was clamoring for an Iron Man meets Destiny game
4) Destiny 2 is pissing everyone off, so any game that's going to come out as "It's like Destiny!" is just not going to get a great reception from the get-go

I'm pretty sure Bioware is just doomed. They had a nice run, but in the end EA will just slaughter them like they slaughtered every other studio they've ever bought.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Maersk fuckup Jan 25, 2018, 16:54 Creston

But he also warned that in the near future, as automation creates near-total reliance on digital systems, human effort won't be able to help such crises.

You know what will help, corporate toadstool? SPENDING SOME FUCKING MONEY ON CYBERSECURITY.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2018, 11:32 Creston

"We demand answers!"

*Intel writes a $20 check*

"Well, that seems clear enough. Thanks!"

News Comments > Anthem Delayed?
9. Re: Anthem Delayed? Jan 25, 2018, 09:15 Creston

Shocker.

News Comments > New Dragon Age Game in the Works
21. Re: New Dragon Age Game in the Works Jan 25, 2018, 09:15 Creston

Ignoring the MMO type grind garbage, which I'm sure EA will just turn into a loot chest this time around, I really enjoyed Inquisition, and will very likely scoop up a new DA.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans
13. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Loot Crate Plans Jan 24, 2018, 16:50 Creston

Just...

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 23, 2018, 23:18 Creston

That's sad. She was never really my cup of tea, but she was a giant of the Fantasy genre.

News Comments > John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie?
23. Re: John Cena to Star in Duke Nukem Movie? Jan 23, 2018, 16:25 Creston

I can't care enough to even comment.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2018, 16:24 Creston

As for the malicious ads, this is why I adblock, and WILL NOT turn it off, no matter how much a website bugs me. Blues and the Nexus are literally the only websites I allow through, and I do so knowing full well it's a pretty big risk. (I only do it on my work PC, either. Not on my home PC. I don't care if my work box snuffs it.)

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 23, 2018, 16:06 Creston

"Glitch."

It'll probably take five business days to get their money back, during which WF has sucked the interest out of it.

Clearly, we don't need any regulations for companies like this.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2018, 13:02 Creston

A congestion plan never works, because it is based on an absolutely faulty premise. The idea behind a congestion plan is that people will choose not to be in traffic during peak hours if there's a price to pay for it.

The operative word here, of course, being CHOOSE. As if people CHOOSE to stand in fucking traffic for hours on end if they had any other option. Hint to all government imbeciles the world over: People sit in traffic because THEIR JOBS FORCE THEM TO SIT IN TRAFFIC AT THAT TIME.

By and large, charging 20 bucks a day to sit in traffic means the poor schlub that has to go to work just has ~430 bucks a month less to spend on other things. Not that he/she is going to go "Oh, I guess I'll take public transport them."

Sure, some few might, but the large majority of people who are in rush hour traffic have no other choice but to sit there. And all this congestion charge does is levy taxes on people who have no other choice. As it did in every other town where it's been tried.

So, well done, Cuomo. You fucking moron.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2018, 09:54 Creston

Ah, yes, the congestion plan. Because it has done miracles for London's traffic problems...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 22, 2018, 09:53 Creston

News Comments > PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified
2. Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 10:28 Creston

In addition, we are looking into adopting a new solution to detect and ban more cheaters and we have been continuously strengthening our security systems

Your game trusts the client for a lot of important information. I'm not really sure it can ever be made even remotely secure.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2018, 09:49 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 19, 2018, 02:16:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 18, 2018, 21:40:
Hereís why you canít buy a high-end graphics card at Best Buy.

Good news for AMD, anyway.

Yeah, I am sure AMD is really happy for it's incredibly enormous 9% market share in the PC gaming market vs Nvidia's 85%

If AMD fucks up one more year, they'll be below INTEL in the PC (GPU) market, they are already below Intel in the CPU market by such a large margin that it ain't even funny. And meanwhile Nvidia has AI research and car automatization deals going for it.

And with no GPU's that can be bought, Nvidias market dominance will grow, that means more games are optimized for Nvidia, and those optimizations are done with more effort than AMD optimizations.

If I were a AMD shareholder I'd be scared

No mention of 100 million + AMD graphics chips in PS4 /Xbone?

29761 Comments. 1489 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo